4.2

• Trip Completed Yes (62) · No (35)
  • Ease of Booking
Mary connaughton

Mary connaughtonSouth East Queensland, QLD

never again

Hi, we recently booked an extensive tour as part of a trip to Japan but due to the virus we had to cancel. While everybody else refunded, disappointedly, Wendy Wu only offered a credit which we didn't want. Happily we were refunded/rescued by our travel insurance company. Would never do business with Wendy Wu tours again. Patrick

Rosie

RosieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wendy Wu claim they gave us wrong amount for refund...

We were booked on a Wendy Wu tour at the end of next month - The Classic Japan. They initially sent our travel agent an email offering us a reasonable return of monies. Now they have sent my travel agent a second email, claiming that they had made an error and that we would be receiving less! We will be disputing this as it involves a refund on our Qantas flights. Can anyone recommend a course of action we can take?

Disgusting behaviour by WW Tours regarding cancellation of tours

kathy

kathySydney, NSW

Don't do it

Tour was booked 18 months in advance. Tour was cancelled by Wendy Wu. Charged thousands in cancellation fees even though it was Wendy Wu who cancelled the tour. No explanation given.
Do not book with this company

Sushi lover

Sushi loverPerth, WA

Will not ever travel with this company

I booked a trip to Japan and paid the deposit. WWT was due to be paid the final amount which was in excess of $25k but they kept moving the date of payment forward. I rang my insurance company who had changed their policy literally the Friday before I rang and they stated no cover for Covid.So I rang my travel agent and said I can’t travel without insurance. They were in turmoil as Covid was just starting to affect the travel plans of millions. The agent tried to get my deposit back but all WWT would offer was for an EXTRA fee I could change the date but that had to be within 12 months...seriously? I didn’t cancel for a frivolous reason and all trips were subsequently cancelled.WWT has lost me and all my travelling friends as customers.

Shadow001

Shadow001South Australia

Disappointed with Service

Rex and Janet

Rex and JanetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy with refund from Thailand Trip Cut Short because of COVID19

Trip Completed Yes

Jeannie

Unhappy regarding cancel fee - so letting you know what I have done - you might like to consider following

Do not use this company, ripped us off Booked a Private tour to Vietnam 2020

We booked this tour thru Helloworld Campbelltown Mall. This tour was cancelled by Wendy Wu Tours not us. The cost of this tour was $13,086.00 (no international flights were included in this price). Wendy Wu charged $4,358.00 for third party fees, Helloworld charged $1,500.00 Plus $110.00 admin fee. So we were out of pocket for a trip that Wendy Wu Cancelled. I do not recommend this company and will never ever booked with them again. Wendy Wu tours you should be ashamed of yourself.

Booking Type Accommodation, Car Hire, Flights and Tour

Find out how Wendy Wu Tours compares to other Booking Services

Disappointed with unrecoverable fees amount

After many weeks of emails and phone calls we are nearing a final outcome and a compromise regarding the cancellation of our Wendy Wu tour. Ideally we would have liked a total refund minus visa costs, to rebook at a later date when we felt safe to travel again. This outcome, although not exactly what we wanted, was better than we were initially offered......hopefully 2022 will be a safer year.

Jackie m

Jackie mSydney, NSW

Wendy wu coming to the party

We would like to thank Wendy wu For answering our review with regard to third party losses in our trip to japan.
Your negations are deeply appreciated and we look forward to booking another trip 2022

John c p

John c pSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed with Wendy Wu

We were booked on cherry blossom tour on leaving 30th March,tour was canceled by wendy wu because of corona virus. Wendy Wu are holding over $5000 for 3rd party charges. We find this is being greedy and would not recommend Wendy with tours.

Thanks Wendy Wu!

Was booked to go to Japan in cherry blossom this year but couldn’t go due to the travel restrictions so Wendy Wu have put me on the same trip next year and matched my original booking price so I have nothing more to pay. There was a cancel fee if I didn’t defer or want to hold in credit but I booked this tour because I know it’s a great tour and company, so I can’t wait to go next year instead!! Great service thanks Wendy Wu!!

Mitch S

Mitch SSydney, NSW

Highly recommend Wendy Wu - Outstanding Service

I travelled with Wendy Wu Tours to India in January and it was the trip of a lifetime. Everything was taken care of for us - good quality hotels, exceptional Guides that took great care of us, delicious local food, itinerary all planned out for us and well organised. We just got to enjoy being there. The only disappointment I had was the heavily fog at the Taj Mahal at sunrise because it was winter so we couldn’t see anything, but no problem our guide rearranged the day and we went for a beautiful sunset instead which was a moment I’ll never forget.
Thanks Wendy Wu for creating these memories we will never forget - I highly recommend Wendy Wu.

Trip Completed Yes
Roy J.

Roy J.Perth, WA

Withholding $4,400 of our funds

Tony MCKECHNIE

Tony MCKECHNIESouth Australia

Wendy Wu Japan Uncovered Tour Cancelled

We were booked (2 People) on Japan Uncovered Tour departing 3rd May. $5400 are being kept by Wendy Wu Tours as “Unrecoverable Costs”. Most unhappy at being expected to lose this amount of money through no fault of mine - Corona Virus. I too requested an itemised account of the $5400 but told not available. Have previously been on a Wendy Wu Tour. Could not recommend Wendy Wu Tours based on this outcome.

JanetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

with hold $5000 on tour even though cancelled due to Covid19

Booking Type Accommodation and Tour
Janet

I have tried so many times to contact WWT to discuss this further but have only gotten so far. Its a shame you offer this help on a public forum but not in private. I will email today and see if you actually want to discuss this further.

JanetNortheast, VIC

Cancellation confusion with Wendy Wu and Flight Centre Wodonga

Brian M.Perth, WA

Worst customer service ever and zero care about customers

Brian M.

Keep an eye on https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-08/coronavirus-travel-cancellations-gym-membership-refunds/12132710, The ACCC may think differently.

Sue ThomasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lack of communication from Wendy Wu Japan Tours

Like many others , I have made many requests to Wendy Wu Company to ascertain their added costs of the trip the company cancelled to Japan due to Covid-19. They have not answered my emails. They are doing so much harm to their company as after our deferred trip I will never travel with them again and will certainly let people know of my experience with this company. Please let us know a detailed account of the costs we face ASAP. Sue T

Sue Thomas

I’m sorry but your customer relations have been non existent as I have had no contact from you ,even though I have sent many emails. You have done immeasurable harm to your company which I would describe as totally dispassionate.

Georgina Z.

Georgina Z.asked

I was booked to go on a WWT the Japan blossom tour .2020Due Covid19 and having COPD in senior years I was advised by my GP to cancel if I became contaminated with Covid 19 this could be fatal definite hospitalisation.
5 days after I cancelled WW cancelled the tour
The tour cost was $9000 there about WW will only refund $2790 partial refund !!!
They offered a credit of $6000 partial credit .
I am shocked and disgusted with WW lack of humanity and their money grabbing behaviour .i am taking this further .
The travel agent wasn’t much help .I could have applied for travel insurance but I was told I would get refunded
Shame on you WW taking advantage of people in a time of crisis

Sandra S.asked

Hi, we were booked on a Wendy Wu tour departing 7th of April. I would like to enquire as to when we will find out our options seeing the tour was cancelled due to the corona 19 virus.

Hi Sandra,
We are currently working through all tours in order of departure date, however this is taking some time due to the volume of bookings. Our Customer Relations team can be contacted on 1300 727 998 or customerrelations@wendywutours.com.au. If you can kindly provide your booking details, they will be able to advise the tour dates they are currently working to and assist you with your questions.

Sandra S.

Hi we received the information from our travel agent and am now wondering why we are being charged $500 for rebooking? You will be gaining interest on our money and this should compensate the transfer fees in our opinion. To be charged 25% cancellation fee when we didn’t cancel is also extremely high in our opinion.

Wendy Wu Tours AustraliaWendy Wu Tours

Hi Sandra, we have just replied to this message via Facebook however please do let us know if we can assist further.

Jeannieasked

Call a tour “deferred” which is really cancelled for that date and then tell us that to not accept another date we are told this is cancel and charge us 37.25% and we only booked tour and no flights. Please justify such a cost when the cancel did not cost you anything as no loss of income for you - Justify this if you can !!

Jeannie

Further to my above comments I would like to remind Wendy Wu Tours of the CANCELLATION BY WENDY WU TOURS conditions - If tour is cancelled or varies prior to departure due to unforeseeable circumstances such as, but not restricted to, severe weather conditions or force majeure, Wendy Wu Tours will refund all monies prior to departure less visa cost, fuel surcharge and any other cancellation fees levied by airlines and other third parties that are not refunded by an airline or other third party.
As I have NO flights and there was NO Visa needed and there were NO unrecoverable expenses - Please explain the cancellation fee ( which is totally unwarranted ) at being 37.25% of my total tour cost ??? FOR WHAT !!??

Hi Jeannie,
We understand that the outcome is not what you wanted, to be honest this entire disaster that the pandemic has created is of no one's liking.

We are doing our best to minimise the third party costs that have been passed onto to you, the shut down of travel happened incredibly quickly, some overheads had already been committed, these are the costs that have been passed on. For 25 years we have done a very good job, of surpassing our clients expectations, the reality is that the Covid 19 Pandemic has had a significant and costly disruption to all of our lives. Each day we are reminded of our blessings as we wake to focus on another day.

Our focus is to work professional and quickly to minimise the impact on our customers, regrettably the reality is in this unprecedented situation all that we can influence is the speed and professionalism in which we communicate to you the outcomes from a government enforced border closure (or a force majeure event).

We are happy to contact your travel agent to further discuss the details of your booking and answer any questions you have.

Get an answer from our members and Wendy Wu Tours representatives