Listing monitored by Wendy Wu Tours

• Trip Completed Yes (62) · No (35)
  • Ease of Booking

Mary connaughton
Mary connaughtonSouth East Queensland, QLD

never again

Hi, we recently booked an extensive tour as part of a trip to Japan but due to the virus we had to cancel. While everybody else refunded, disappointedly, Wendy Wu only offered a credit which we didn't want. Happily we were refunded/rescued by our travel insurance company. Would never do business with Wendy Wu tours again. Patrick

Rosie
RosieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wendy Wu claim they gave us wrong amount for refund...

We were booked on a Wendy Wu tour at the end of next month - The Classic Japan. They initially sent our travel agent an email offering us a reasonable return of monies. Now they have sent my travel agent a second email, claiming that they had made an error and that we would be receiving less! We will be disputing this as it involves a refund on our Qantas flights. Can anyone recommend a course of action we can take?

Disgusting behaviour by WW Tours regarding cancellation of tours

kathy
kathySydney, NSW

Don't do it

Tour was booked 18 months in advance. Tour was cancelled by Wendy Wu. Charged thousands in cancellation fees even though it was Wendy Wu who cancelled the tour. No explanation given.
Do not book with this company

Sushi lover
Sushi loverPerth, WA

Will not ever travel with this company

I booked a trip to Japan and paid the deposit. WWT was due to be paid the final amount which was in excess of $25k but they kept moving the date of payment forward. I rang my insurance company who had changed their policy literally the Friday before I rang and they stated no cover for Covid.So I rang my travel agent and said I can’t travel without insurance. They were in turmoil as Covid was just starting to affect the travel plans of millions. The agent tried to get my deposit back but all WWT would offer was for an EXTRA fee I could change the date but that had to be within 12 months...seriously? I didn’t cancel for a frivolous reason and all trips were subsequently cancelled.WWT has lost me and all my travelling friends as customers.

Shadow001
Shadow001South Australia

Disappointed with Service

Rex and Janet
Rex and JanetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy with refund from Thailand Trip Cut Short because of COVID19

Jeannie
Jeannie

Unhappy regarding cancel fee - so letting you know what I have done - you might like to consider following

nothappyjan
nothappyjan

Do not use this company, ripped us off Booked a Private tour to Vietnam 2020

We booked this tour thru Helloworld Campbelltown Mall. This tour was cancelled by Wendy Wu Tours not us. The cost of this tour was $13,086.00 (no international flights were included in this price). Wendy Wu charged $4,358.00 for third party fees, Helloworld charged $1,500.00 Plus $110.00 admin fee. So we were out of pocket for a trip that Wendy Wu Cancelled. I do not recommend this company and will never ever booked with them again. Wendy Wu tours you should be ashamed of yourself.

Find out how Wendy Wu Tours compares to other Booking Services

Disappointed with unrecoverable fees amount

After many weeks of emails and phone calls we are nearing a final outcome and a compromise regarding the cancellation of our Wendy Wu tour. Ideally we would have liked a total refund minus visa costs, to rebook at a later date when we felt safe to travel again. This outcome, although not exactly what we wanted, was better than we were initially offered......hopefully 2022 will be a safer year.

Jackie m
Jackie mSydney, NSW

Wendy wu coming to the party

We would like to thank Wendy wu For answering our review with regard to third party losses in our trip to japan.
Your negations are deeply appreciated and we look forward to booking another trip 2022

John c p
John c pSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed with Wendy Wu

We were booked on cherry blossom tour on leaving 30th March,tour was canceled by wendy wu because of corona virus. Wendy Wu are holding over $5000 for 3rd party charges. We find this is being greedy and would not recommend Wendy with tours.

Thanks Wendy Wu!

Was booked to go to Japan in cherry blossom this year but couldn’t go due to the travel restrictions so Wendy Wu have put me on the same trip next year and matched my original booking price so I have nothing more to pay. There was a cancel fee if I didn’t defer or want to hold in credit but I booked this tour because I know it’s a great tour and company, so I can’t wait to go next year instead!! Great service thanks Wendy Wu!!

Mitch S
Mitch SSydney, NSW

Highly recommend Wendy Wu - Outstanding Service

I travelled with Wendy Wu Tours to India in January and it was the trip of a lifetime. Everything was taken care of for us - good quality hotels, exceptional Guides that took great care of us, delicious local food, itinerary all planned out for us and well organised. We just got to enjoy being there. The only disappointment I had was the heavily fog at the Taj Mahal at sunrise because it was winter so we couldn’t see anything, but no problem our guide rearranged the day and we went for a beautiful sunset instead which was a moment I’ll never forget.
Thanks Wendy Wu for creating these memories we will never forget - I highly recommend Wendy Wu.

Roy J.
Roy J.Perth, WA

Withholding $4,400 of our funds

Read more reviews - page 2

John B.
John B.asked

Our trip to Japan last march was cancelled and rebooked for end of march this year but Japan has huge virus problems and aust govt seems to have an overseas travel ban for most of this year, so it is about time Wendy Wu travel got it act together to make a decision on travel , not like last year when they cancelled only a week before we were to leave , we looked on their website and found it cancelled , rang our travel agent they were not told until the next day ,very slack on WW part ,no wonder they have poor reviews John

Bev H.
Bev H.

We must have been booked on the same tour, and I think Wendy Wu should be offering refunds at this stage as we booked in good faith for a tour that they were not able to provide us and have paid good money for. (regardless of Covid). It was cancelled just one week out as you have said, and at this stage we have heard nothing from them. Other people that have booked with different companies have started a class action against their travel providers, maybe Wendy Wu should give people the option of a full refund or future travel for those who choose to wait before this happens to them. Bev

Hi Bev,

Thanks for your note. We sincerely apologize if you believe that we have not managed the situation in the best way. We can assure you that we have worked tirelessly throughout the pandemic, working through a web of complex and unprecedented circumstances. At every stage, we have endeavored to place our customers of the forefront. To this end, we have been working side by side with industry, government and consumer bodies to ensure that we are servicing according to current best practice.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Hi John,

Thanks for your message. Under very difficult and unprecedented circumstances, we have been tirelessly working to navigate the process of cancellations across multiple countries and vendors. We are working in a date order and servicing all bookings accordingly. If you would like to contact us on customerrelations@wendywutours.com.au we can provide specific advice as relating to your file. Alternatively, our customer services team will be in touch according to intended date of departure.

Thank you for your understanding.

Georgina Z.
Georgina Z.asked

I was booked to go on a WWT the Japan blossom tour .2020Due Covid19 and having COPD in senior years I was advised by my GP to cancel if I became contaminated with Covid 19 this could be fatal definite hospitalisation.
5 days after I cancelled WW cancelled the tour
The tour cost was $9000 there about WW will only refund $2790 partial refund !!!
They offered a credit of $6000 partial credit .
I am shocked and disgusted with WW lack of humanity and their money grabbing behaviour .i am taking this further .
The travel agent wasn’t much help .I could have applied for travel insurance but I was told I would get refunded
Shame on you WW taking advantage of people in a time of crisis

Sandra S.asked

Hi, we were booked on a Wendy Wu tour departing 7th of April. I would like to enquire as to when we will find out our options seeing the tour was cancelled due to the corona 19 virus.

Hi Sandra,
We are currently working through all tours in order of departure date, however this is taking some time due to the volume of bookings. Our Customer Relations team can be contacted on 1300 727 998 or customerrelations@wendywutours.com.au. If you can kindly provide your booking details, they will be able to advise the tour dates they are currently working to and assist you with your questions.
Kind regards

Sandra S.

Hi we received the information from our travel agent and am now wondering why we are being charged $500 for rebooking? You will be gaining interest on our money and this should compensate the transfer fees in our opinion. To be charged 25% cancellation fee when we didn’t cancel is also extremely high in our opinion.

Wendy Wu Tours AustraliaWendy Wu Tours

Hi Sandra, we have just replied to this message via Facebook however please do let us know if we can assist further.
Kind regards