Western Union

Western Union

See the Best Money Transfer Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Very bad customer service my money is stuck for 7 days .

My transaction was cancelled after the money was taken from my account .when I asked for the refund they said it takes 7 working days . I am now stuck and waiting for the refund I will never use this service again .

Worst refund policy

Did a money transfer from WU app and paid through POLi, but WU cancelled the transfer after a day due to some technical issue at their side. Called up the WU customer support and was told wait for 7 business days for the refund to reach you. Its been 10 days now and no refund in sight. Worst service!!!

Rates and Fees

They rush to take the money only, bad customer service and telephone line

Rubbish service, I used my wife's internet bank to transfer the money and it successfully taken out but later received an email for authorization of a bank statement from the account holder so I sent it so then again another email requesting for written authorization to use the account or letter from my wife's bank. seriously Western union id doing a rubbish service. I cancelled the account and now I need to wait 7 working days get the money back. most importantly the phone line they use is creepy, may be a cheap call centre.
That is why they hold 1.3 stars out of 5 stars, would you still use Westernunion?

Awesome service

I went to put money in and the man was very helpful and help me. I would recommend western union. Great service.
Thank so much :) I've been going in for at least 3 months and always good customer service

Worst service - Western Union - Scammer

Western Union online app via POLI is ridiculous and waste as every time tried doing transfer it was declined as technical error and still the money was deducted from my bank account, without even asking for secret code, now they said transaction cancelled and money will be refunded in 7 working days... utter nonsense !!!!
this is the worst ever money transfer service, the customer care people don’t have resolution to your problem even after multiple follow ups....!!

My appeal to everyone do not use This service as they are big SCAMMERS imagine the frustration customers are going through when you hold their money for 7 working days

Worst Service and Customer support

Transferred a small amount from AU to NZ using their direct to bank transfer and it has been 11 days and it still says 'In Progress'. Customer support gives a different answer every time and have no clue, one person even said it has been transferred and the website tracker is wrong. By the way, also the worst and most rudest customer service agents with fake american accents. All they do is read text back to you.
I tried to cancel and get a refund and they say they can 'put in a request' for it but can't guarantee the refund will happen. So even if I wanted to use another service I can't till my money is stuck with them.
They should be reported and taken to court!!

Been using for 2 months.... love it

So convenient, saves going to the 'big Banks' and paying lots of transfer fees. Haven't had a problem yet, would totally recommend it when sending money to New Zealand. Glad I found Western Union, will be sticking with it for now.

Worst system

They deducted money from my bank .
Got email transfer cancel and when i called they told me u will get ur money back in 7 days.
It was very urgent to send money.
I will never use again and tell family friends as well

Scum and Scam

Transferred money and then waisted my time asking for bank statements and then once they received it they cancelled my transaction. When I called and spoke to someone difficult to understand they mentioned POLI. As far as I am concerned I used western union and they are responsible to transfer the money to the recipient or back to me. Instead they said I will need to wait 7 days. Yeah right 7 F’n days so it can sit in your account and you get interest on my money. Wake up to yourselves, this is not a business it is a scum way of turning over money. Get off your arses and and go and get a business degree on how to run a business. Further more have someone that speaks English.
I had to rate you with one star but you are undeserving of even this. This should be imprisonment for your loved one. Let’s see how that would make you feel. When ppl send money, it means that someone is in desperate need of this money and we reply on your service to get this to their needs. Again, you are scum! May you spend the money that you take from innocent ppl on medication to try and heel you and your family. May you never see happiness and only feel discomfort in your life. I DO NOT recommend anyone to use this.

Shocking Service

Sent money on this service, a request by them more information and supplied, however told I was rejected no reason and no direction from them on how to solve this.

Confusing

I registered myself using iOS app. When I reached verification step, it didn’t verify me with Australian driving license or international passport. I called to check and I was told that dob doesn’t match and hence verification is not possible. She said go to your profile and fix the dob. Very strange but there was no option to change that. Shows customer service don’t know about it. Hence after sometime, she deactivated my account and asked me to register again. When I tried doing that it didn’t accept my existing email I’d and hence I don’t want to use this service as I had a poor experience and I ended up using existing service to transfer money which was even costing me much more.

Rates and Fees

Please don't user their service again!

I will never use their service again. My money was taken from
my account but when the receiver waited 30mins to claim the money she was told it was on hold. Called their contact centre I was told there was a technical
probelm on their part. So the money is refunded and will take 7business days. I asked the agent why 7business days? what would they use it for? Imagine if there are 1000 customer who had the same issue. Apparently the agent mention it's been happening for a while and they still let their customers use there App and this "POLI"
then It's just fooling customers into believing they provide reliable and convenient service it turned out customers money is sitting with them for how many days.
Asked the agent and agent's manager to do something because the money is urgently needed but nothing happened. They insisted they can't do anything. They are a pain and should never be used by anyone. They have no empathy towards their customer.

I a very very disappointed! my money was taken and there was no service done instead, dissatisfaction and frustration.

Worst service ever

I transferred money Via poli in the morning, received email stating they need 30 minutes to review my transactions, Never received follow up email confirming that money has been transferred or not!! Up on contacting them, they just play word game that it takes 1 to 2 days to clear when it’s clearly say instant money or 0 to 1 business day. No communication at all nd i am stuck as money was required for emergency situation. WU you really need to do more on your customer service and stop ripping people for keep their money for long to get a better exchange price, shame on you guys

Rates and Fees

this is nothing less than a fraud

Hi applied for a money transfer from my bank account to the receiver's account. They took the money from my account instantly. Then they asked for the receiver's passport citing some security reasons. I didn't want to ask for someone else's passport and requested the transfer to be cancelled.

They cancelled and promised me that I would get a new tracing number so that I can get the money from their agent instantly. However, they refunded the money back to my account and the money took 7 days to hit my account. Despite my repeated request, they did not keep the promise of an instant refund.

This is a con. Never use this service. They hold on to your money for 7 days and make money from it. They will always refuse to transfer your money.

This must be banned.

Worst Money Transfer Experience

Sent money via POLi via Western Union they cancelled my transaction and now I have to wait 7 working days for my money to comeback to my account. In my opinion that is theft, they can take the money ASAP but to return it 7 working days are they for real. A thief is a thief in my books.

Worst online service for remit money

Asked me so many documents including receiver after that cancel my transection.
I have to send a money urgently. It is the worst experience. Worldremit is best site for remit money.

Has to be the worse money transfer company.

I opened an account on 26th May 2019, provided them with all the documents they needed and received an email stating my account was active.
Tonight I tried to send $500.00 to the Philippines and after debiting my bank account they asked for more documents which I was unable to provide straight away, so they cancelled the transaction and have told me it will take 7 working days to refund to my bank account.
I have tried phoning them several times and once I give the MTCN reference number I am left holding on and then cut off.
They really are a joke.

sending money from Australia to Philippines

I have workers in the Philippines, I pay them well but they support family on their wages. I have paid the same people every week individually. I went to pay them last week and western union all of a sudden decided to say the transaction was suspicious, held the money. Apparently you cannot talk to the department that handles it. Customer service were rude, short and unhelpful. This was not new transactions to new people either. It took 5 days to get a refund. Have now stopped using western union entirely. A phone call should have been placed to ask questions before making a decision to hold, then refund the money.

I felt terrible the workers did not get paid for 5 days. Western union did not care.

Listen to other reviews, STAY AWAY!

Tried sending money to Canada, my relative needed it urgently to pay for rent.

Transfer went ahead, then 2 hours later was put on hold for "investigation that could take up to 3 days", I tried contacting them for a refund, they said it can take up to 7 DAYS!!! (See attached photo).

Stay away, there's no knowing it when your transfer will be put "on hold", it took them secs to deduct money from my account, and 6 days to refund!!

wish i could give 0 Stars

i had terrible experience dealing with western union about a year ago & hence i stopped dealing with WU. Last week thought WU might have improved their service now. So i sent money again, despite of providing all the documentation required of mine and receiver transaction has been cancelled by WU by same old reason being cancelled by receiver's bank. Learned a lesson that WU can NEVER improve. but it has been nearly a week but WU is sitting on my money and have not refunded it. I have checked with my bank and there's nothing to do at their end. WU has my money still on hold. I have contacted your helpline few times but they keep chanting that it's banks fault. but it is not and i trust my bank but i don't trust WU at all. Stay away from them.