Western Union

Western Union

See the Best Money Transfer Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Barb

BarbSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very dubious WU

I completed a transaction via Poli after providing ID as per the website and received a money transfer number.Then I received an email requesting a digital copy of my bank statement- this is not mentioned in the website info and it should be.I suspected this may be a scam to get my bank details.I spoke to an Indian guy who avoided explaining why this wasn't mentioned PRIOR to pushing the button to complete the transaction.The WU website states that by using Poli no account details will be provided to WU.Very suspicious in my opinion and deceptive conduct to say the least.Naturally I cancelled the transaction and will be interesting to see how long it takes to get my money back.

Viktor

ViktorGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A complete rip off

I will never use this service again! I really recommend to check exchange rates and fees that Western Union charges before sending any money! My personal experience with this company is that they rip people off.

Rates and Fees

Unprofessional and dishonest, stealing your hard earned money

Omer T.

Omer T.Sydney, NSW

Dishonest and Provide Misleading Information

Dishonest and blocking customer without a reason

Useless service. I have been a user for years but recently the company decided to restrict my online access. Every time I rang the customer services, the operator would lie and lie that I needed to verify my account even after I have just done it about a week. When you proved them wrong they would put you on hold and retreated to come up with a different lies. Generally they will tell you to reset your browsers, wait for x time, sign out and back in, then finally I released that it's just a trick they have literally disabled my online access. Will never recommend this dishonest company to anyone.

Jelena

JelenaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointing

Nila

NilaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poli is worst ever experience

I transferred using poli month ago, my money totally struck with them. Waited for 8 days I havent received money so i called them , they said it takes 7 business days to get, so i asked them to cancel. Still I havent got my money back. Now its 21st day. Worst worst worst ever experience.

Izzy

IzzyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst company I have ever dealt with.

I needed money transferred overseas so I gave these guys a shot. It was advertised on their website that it would take around 0-1 business days to send. It has been almost a month now and my $5,000 is still stuck with them. Every time I contact them to follow up, I get the same response "we will escalate the matter". Mate don't escalate it anymore, you've already done that 50 times. Just send my money or refund it back!

Mehdi

MehdiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid this company at any cost

They will offer you a great rate and 2 business days for the fund to be transferred, tempting right? your money is never going to be sent, you will have to call them back and forth everyday, It's been 20 days and my receiver has not received the money. I have requested for a refund, escalated the matter to their global team, still no news. These people will take your money and you have to run after your money to get it back. Please do not do anything with Western Union.

Joe E.

Joe E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad company.

Error codes stopping me from sending money. Ring and have an Indian call Center with 30 second pauses. Tells me my account is blocked been using once a month for years. Very badly ran ! Tryed to fill out the contact us form and would not work for the errors department. Needing to email and can not talk to a human about the issues. Looks like this is happening to a lot of other People recently. Good way to lose customers !

Wasim

WasimSydney, NSW

Terrible experience

Hi
1. They hold the money without any information
2. Bad communication
3. Requesting for sender documents which is not satisfying them. Why dont this procedures include before collecting money.
4. Terrible experience for the 1st time user. Nobody like to share documents on phone, staff asking documents on phone to verify
5. No reply to emails
6. Customers service telling to talk to branch, branch person telling to talk to customer service.
7. Lost of time, slow service

Best of luck for future of Western Union

Sharon

SharonPerth, WA

Disappointed with service

Very disappointed with this service. Money is deducted from my account and is still being processed after 2 days. No explanation that makes sense when i call customer service and nobody calls back even after promising to do so.

HORRIBLE!!!

DO NOT USE Western Union!!! i get to the final section and press send, every time i send money, without fail it says technical error, BUT money is deducted from
your account and not put back in for days!!! worst service ever!!!

Scene it

Scene itWestern Australia

Disgusting service .

First and last time I'll ever use Western Union. Got insulting questions asked about who I'm sending this money to, then interviewed about how personal my relationship with him is.

joyce m.

joyce m.Sydney, NSW

frustrating unreliable

If there is an alternative- use them none could be worse. Transfers are cancelled after money has been deducted from your account- and the money is not debuted into your account instantly. Missed on important purchases too many times.

Pathetic Service

Initiated a transfer on the app, it said money will be transferred in 0-1 business days and it is already been 4 business days. whenever we call the customer care they say we have escalated it.
This is the last time we are using Western Union.

JRC

JRCGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't waste your time.

Tried to send money to my wife overseas through Western Union. My wife who is in Asia at this time with family tried to withdraw the funds. Funds not available, contacted Western Union, was given the third degree on why I was sending money, how long I had been married. 30 years as it happens, how often I see my wife. Then told the money had been refunded to where I sent it from here in Australia. My advice, avoid using Western Union. I never will again.

Worse company

No communication, hold your money for days, cancelled transaction of $2000 and now have to wait 10 business days to get it back, stressful and with no explanation, they app its not useful, has cause huge stress

Emily K.

Emily K.

Customer Service is awful!!

Ange

AngeVictoria

Never use this company

App is a complete waste of time. End of the transaction it says technical issues. Called them and they said it was my banks fault. Called my bank they said its western unions fault. I have to wait 10 to 15 days for my money back. 2nd time at post office. Transaction was done at post office. Received a sms to say it was on hold to call customer service number. Rejected after speaking to customer service at western union, they could see all my previous transactions to this person. Rejected. Rude customer service lady who over would not listen and over talked whilst I was talking. Never again will I use WesternUnion. A disgrace, they should be trying to help you and not hinder you.

BESSVIC

BESSVICasked

My name is victor brown w/u card number is [Number Removed] why cant I send money to a lady in the philippines I try to day?

malcolm37
malcolm37

Good luck they block u

Marcia

Marciaasked

When a person get banned...how long does the banned lost for...when can they start use back western union?

sophycurrie

I cannot answer that as I have not experienced nor have I heard of a person being banned. You should ask western union
Hope that answers your question

Hope that answers your question

Cat

I got banned and blocked from western union. Because they thought I was being scammed. I tried to tell them in no uncertain terms that i wasnt as it was my husband who I was sending money too. But they wouldn't have a bar of it. Anyway to get out if it. I had to send reciepts and receipts from the other end of who it was going to...I told them that was ridiculous tried and tried to explain to them my predicament... but they said the only way I could get unblocked was to do what they said I politely told them to f.....off

Andyleesmith

Andyleesmithasked

I have recently started seeing a girl from Thailand, and want to send her money, but she says she isn’t blocked and can’t receive, why would this be and how can I get her unblocked?

Ben Dover
Ben Dover

You can’t. Western Union will flag this as a romance scam, even if it’s legit. They have nothing to lose anyway, but they’ll block you from sending your money. They’ll take the money though, then hold on to it for at least 7 days before they return it to you after you nag them endlessly.