Western Union

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness
Carcinoid

CarcinoidPerth, WA

Greedy sharks and lousy APP!

Western Union you F SHARKS you cancelled my remittance after the transaction but debited money from my account. I believe you did this intentionally because the exchange rate was higher 2days ago. Now you have my money and have to wait 7days to get it back at same time I already lost 22aud due to the low exchange rate now! This has happened multiple times and thats it! FU! and will never use your services again SHARKS! Get F!

Gop I.

Gop I.Hunter Region, NSW

fraudulent and be aware

don't use their service cause they are frauds use u r money for 4 days and refund in 5 working days . still waiting for he refund , also they cancelled using poli which is safer form of payment with zero service fee

Wilson

Wilson Victoria

Bad customer service

It took more than two days and the money hasn't been reached still now. Checked with customer service and the response was arrogant. As a customer we sending money through this for a faster delivery.

Peter Lin

Peter LinPerth, WA

Won't use Western Union anymore

The first transfer I made was about A$200 to China was ok. The second one about A$1200 was a mess, my internet banking was blocked for suspected fraud, but money has been debited from my account then got email that transfer is cancelled and promised the money to be returned asap. Until now passed 5 days, it has not been effected.

Taufiq

TaufiqGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unable to send money

Previously they were ok. But recently I tried to send money and WU asked some legal doc of money receiver. I provided the doc and transaction was approved. Within 3-4 hours they emailed me again and said they were unable to send the money. Next I tried again and this time they did not send any email. After 3 days they emailed me and said money will be transferred with in 3-4 business days. But they decline again within an hour and said unable to send the money.

Robert Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Oops

After spending many many hours on the phone and repeatedly sending requested forms and far too many personal documents WU seem unable to allow even $20 transfers and have prevented further transfers.
The whole process reeks of incompetence rather than possibly having a reason to refuse their service.
Calls emails and letters posted from the US. And NO Australian headquarters???
Anyway it's terrible.
Cheers

Gio

Gio

Misleading advertising. Clearly advertising a service they do not have.

Boying

BoyingGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Misleading exchange rate

Before I send money to Canada I checked their website exchange rate, their Apps exchange rate and contacted Australia Post for their Exchange rate, they are all the same exchange rate. I went and go ahead sent the money, I was SHOCKED when I saw the actual Exchange rate it’s .09 less than the actual website, Apps and person says. DO NOT USE western union they are FRAUDSTER. Use your bank to transfer it’s the safest and have guaranteed. I will contact ACCC and hopefully they will FINE them big time.

Angry customerSydney, NSW

poor service

GS Cafe

GS Cafe

Website rarely works, takes forever, needs many attempts

Every transaction is a nightmare. Not once has it worked the first time. I always have to make multiple attempts, and it times out, takes forever, won't load, says banks are offline (when they are online on every other website), and is just an absolute pain to use. I have to make half a dozen attempts over the course of a day to make it work. Absolutely appalling.

Amson

AmsonVictoria

Worst money transfer

I try to send some money to india for my moms medical expenses. I even send it from bank to bank transfer. But they cancelled my transfer saying its compliance issue. I spoke to a call center Agent Mr. Will . he cant give an explantion as to why it was cancelled. Whereas i gave my proof of ID and all the details they asked for. Now i cant send money for the emergency. I have to wait 3 business days or may be 4 days since its sunday for the money to be credited. Really furious about this. I would never ever recommend Western union or deal with them any more. Save your time and money and chose other means.

Robert M.

Robert M.South East Queensland, QLD

A total scam

I'm trying to do business in philippines and they just keep blocking my transactions for no good reason lying about everything and taking forever to refund my money. Biggest time wasters I've ever had to deal with

Why I can’t send online money to Jamaica from Canada Online

January 13th I downloaded your Western mobile App
I signed up I start enrolling now I start to send money from Canada to Jamaica
I use my passport as my identification
I put in my credit card information and everything was completed
I got a tracking number8984944428
Then received a email my transaction was canceled I must now go to a store location to send my money
I just don’t understand

Lin Q.

Lin Q.

Do NOT use Western Union

WU has kept my money indefinitely citing technical issue. They cannot tell me what the issue is. And they keep giving me new complaint numbers just to delay the refund. No timeframe, no status, no resolution, NOTHING. And the customer can NOT contact the complaint department directly. You can only call the customer services centre and they are CLUELESS. Basically if there is any issue with the transaction (through no fault of your own), the money is gone. GONE. I repeat, DO NOT USE WESTERN UNION. They are a scam.

Tony

TonyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Western Union - Don't bother

Customer support compliance department not focussed on assisting customer. Asked same question 4 or 5 times. Seemed to not know how to phrase questions. They should hire people with brains.

Terrible custom service - generic emails - No help

Tried to send money via business account but couldn't because the business account was only 50% in my name. Tried my personal account, they needed more info which I gave them but declined, sent the money from my wife's bank account but couldn't. 3 accounts tried each account taking 3-5 days review and then generic emails that didnt help, call customer service team to help but they said it's not their department, someone else will contact, but they didn't. Don't waste your time with Western union.

Samiul S.

Samiul S.Gungahlin 2912, ACT

Terrible Service

On the apps it shows that money will be transferred within few mins. They asked for verification, I submitted all documents. Sill the money hasn’t transferred. Will never western union again.

Poor service

Had to wait 14 days to transfer money to my family. And the customer service is a bluff, talks illogical. I was using the same account for 6 years. And they suddenly started to doing this. And they are unable to fix their problems as i tried to send today as well being held again... again had to call the customer service.... which is terribly a failure.

Rates and Fees

Useless service use transferwise or Ria

Blocked for trying to send $200?
They are usless, avoid, avoid, avoid.
They regularly say they follow intl laws and regulations its rubbish.
$200 now and then to different people .. so sinister..customer service read a robotic script .. avoid them.

Togs

TogsPerth, WA

It is horrible don’t want to hear about it again

I will never use this agent, they blocked my transfer and hold my money for 9days it was so inconvenience and they didn’t care about the hardship they caused to me and anyway their charges are higher than other agents I am very disappointed and I am warning others not to use western union