Western Union

• Timeliness

Iana

IanaQueensland

No money

Western Union take no responsibility for there dodgy agents. Sent money and there was no cash at the other end. Said they would transfer and still waiting 5 days later. Have made a complaint to the NZ police and Australian commerce commission. Will never use this company again.

Elkhan M.

Elkhan M.Sydney, NSW

Terrible Customer Service

Helper

HelperGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible service

6 days on after providing required compliance documentation to the correct email address and two phone calls later, the money still has not been transferred. I have been told firstly that this is my fault for not following up with a phone call (which I did-even though this would not be required by any half decent company) and secondly that it is a system error. If you want great customer service and a hassle free experience, please look elsewhere. There are plenty of reliable options out there !!

Noel

NoelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never again

In the age of electronic transfers, I would expect the cost to go down, not up. I was just charged 43 dollars on a 300 dollar transfer. That equates to almost 15% on top. I will never ever be ripped off again by this bunch. Unfortunately I had to pay this exorbitant amount to be on time for Valentine’s Day. I have since found a few much better ways with no transfer fees. For eg. TorFx. I will be using them next time. I can’t stress enough that no one should use western union. The fees my bank charges for the same thing is approximately 1.5%.

Rates and Fees

Customer service is just rubbish!!

There security department and customer service are just rubbish! they will take your money from your account, then behave rudely with you and end of the day they will hold your money!

Rates and Fees

Will cancel your account without ground

Ive been using western union for awhile, so often that they cancelled my account. They said i can no longer send money or received money through western union without warning and without telling me on what ground. Well thanks about that i dont need you either. Youre not the best anyway.

Qasem q.

Qasem q.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never use them!

It’s day 5 and the receiver hasn’t received the money! They keep telling me to wait it’s under investigation. All the 0-1 business day transfer is crap. They won’t even refund me, saying the money has been delivered to the bank and bank says the opposite!

Kripal

KripalGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Try another company

In emergency case I transfered money to overseas but still after 15 days they just told still wait for 20 days and we will try to solve your problem. If you can't transfer money on time then why you advertising more and more. My suggestion to all reader to choose another one.

BrisbaneUnhappy

BrisbaneUnhappySouth East Queensland, QLD

Try a different company

Customer service is terrible and unhelpful. Their Web application is buggy and their email system is unreliable. My 1st account stopped working after a few transactions because it rejected my correct password but the Web app wouldn't send me an email to reset it. My 2nd account worked well for about 1 year then they increased my transfer limit without permission but refused to deliver similar transfers without a bank statement. I sent them the latest NAB statement but it was too old !!! I sent them current screen shots from online banking as requested, even showing the WU debit from my account, but that was ignored. They then abruptly cancelled my $2,000 transfer. The money has not been refunded yet.

what a joke

JVS

JVSSydney, NSW

NIGHTMARE WITH WESTERNUNION

Rates and Fees

Shocking service, not reliable. Left with no money after two transactions.

Made 2 large transactions using the Western Union App and am Left out of pocket with no money left in my account nor sent to the Recipients account either. Don't use this app you will be left with absolutely no money and they do not give you a decent answer. Rang and spoke to many different people and they passed the blame to my Bank which was not true at all. They received my money and just did not pass it onto the recipient. NEVER use their company it would've been cheaper for me to Fly to Australia and withdraw the money for my Brother then Return to New Zealand.

Maria

MariaWestern Australia

Money still not received after 3 days!

I have sent money four days ago and kept calling their customer service and been advised that they're still waiting for the receiver's bank confirmation. If you want a hassle free bank transfer please don't use western union.

Nonsense service

The worst service for sending money overseas. They cant proceed the money on time and sometimes send the money back to you and you have to go western union center to collect the money

Shocking customer service

I’ve been using western union for the last 15 years & every time I have an issue I try to call & get redirected to customer service somewhere in India who they are hopeless & very disappointing.
I’ve been trying to send money overseas by submit the transaction online & then go & pay the fee at the local office as it costs 4.99$ vs 28$ by send it through their app This service now is down don’t know for how long.
No notification about the issue given all what they can say is to do it by using the app

Inga G.

Inga G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No refund, appealing customer service

Stupid

Yas

Yas

Please do not rubbish a very good system

I was returning money to my uncle that I received as a support. It was in excess of 10000 AUD. POLI through western union gave me the best rate and free of charge where NAB was charging me money and I was 450 AUD worse off. Yes, they asked for my bank statement but that was to deter money laundering and to verify my account.

Majed M.

Majed M.Sydney, NSW

horrible customer service

their app is the worst app ever... crashed few times... you think you are saving time and you dont have to go to a shop, but it is now three days and my money is not transferred yet... worst thing ever is to try to contact their call center who have no clue about anything and keep giving you false information... I have sent emails and left feedbacks but literally no one cared and no single response...
my advice, use anything but westernunion, and if you msut use westernunion then go to a shop

Sanjeev Kumar

Sanjeev KumarPerth, WA

worst customer service they are like a robot