Western Union

Western Union

1.2

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

They are shocking and pathetic

I had to make 2 different transaction to the same person and the same country and it took more than 3-4 days to process not minutes as described not to mention the emails and the phone calls I had to make so frustrating it was a waste of time never to use again.

Hara Patro

Hara PatroGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

OK ..Fifty Fifty

Money stucks in every third time. When you complain they refund it after 3 days where you loose rate. i got problem four times in Ten times sending money. But they don't cheat refund or resend it. i always got problem when they advertise a higher rate. but rate is Lucrative sometimes. Sometimes it transfers in seconds and sometimes takes hours and sometime a day. Very unpredictable.

Rob

RobMelbourne

No stars

Recently transferred $1000 AUD to China to be picked up in cash in the local currency RMB.
Receiver turned up at the bank to be told it could only be given as Euro dollars or USD rather than the 4670RMB indicated on the transaction.

Stupid and ridiculous site plus the contact numbers don't work if you want to file a complaint, "sorry this number is not available".

Better options out there.

Robert

RobertSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely useless company

Been sending money to Philippines for years and now suddenly they blocked my account.after over a week and many emails to them they get back to me saying they will not let me send or receive any money from there company.they still haven’t given me a reason why .if this is a money transfer company how the hell do they make money by blocking there customers from using this company.not happy at all .do not use them

Bountey O.

Bountey O.

Bad customer services...here and abroad.

Lyn Douglas

Lyn DouglasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service are hopeless and rude

UNHAPPY LOYAL CUSTOMER

UNHAPPY LOYAL CUSTOMERGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Everyone who reads this beware

Mohammad

Mohammad

Its absolutely wasting of time

I have send money15th may to my family for a special occasion and money was send to 6th june!!
More than 2 weeks but they were saying recipients bank problm!!
No apology no compensation given!!

Not worth of sending through this.
Never again again.

Ari

Ari

Think twice before using western union

Terrible, made I transfer got cancelled for no reason by western union, I've been notified 5days later of test cancellation, two weeks later still I didn't receive the refund, no response neither.

Roger

RogerIllawarra, NSW

Utterly hopeless - use any company but Western Union

I tried to send money to a friend in Istanbul but was told that for some unknown reason could not make that transfer or any transfer in the future ! I feel like a terrorist ! Customer service hopeless, said they would send email address of who I could complain to, this did not happen. Was told that it would take five days for the funds to be credited back to my account. I used Ofx - wonderful, all done online efficiently and promptly with better rate and lower charge.

Smith

Smith

Delay the transfer without any reason to make money from INTEREST.

They don't even bother to send a email for relevant transaction and after 9 days they ask some documents to verify. Terrible service. Not doing the transaction again with them.

Veer

VeerVictoria

Avoid using Western union

I have initiated a transfer 2 weeks ago and the money hasn't reached. Inspite of multiple followups and lodging a complaint with AFCA, there is no response. AFCA has mentioned that they can't deal this case as it is out of their remit and we need to take it legally. Please avoid at any cost.

Rates and Fees

Avoid this western union pls..Terrible customer service - got hung up on.. Trans went missing n they don’t care.No star

Such a bad customer service. They just don’t give damn about anything..I was misled multiple times by them when I called to follow on one transaction. No one ever calls back they say 24hr turnarounds d which is misleading.
Avoid this company at all cost or your money will disappand they won’t help.

I Got hung up on multiple times for trying to follow on my trans..and one idiot put call on hold for nearly two hours on purpose

Will be contacting accc

Ash

AshSouth East Queensland, QLD

WU is Worst Possible Service

WU Money Transafer is unreliable. I am always calling their Customer Service to try & get Money transfer to go thru. Sometimes it works, most times it does not. I have called many many times over the past 2 days, trying to get money transfered, & now but even WU doesnt know why their system doesn't work. Complete time wasting company. I suggest if you can find an alternative to WU, use it!

Sam

SamVictoria

Worst Experience ever. Don’t use this service.

I made wrong decision to choose western union for money transfer. Sent money to Fiji and they said it will take 3-4 days to review account. Still waiting ....... worst service.

Find out how Western Union compares to other Money Transfer Services

Please don't use western union.

Western Union cheat people giving very lower exchange rate. Though they charge low fees but always check at what rate ur money is getting transfered. Always Calculate before sending money.

Mani

ManiPakenham

Worst experience

I have worst experience ever in my life and made a mistake by sending money from Aus to Uk.
Due to some issues, I’m about to loose $6000 and these guys not helping me.
They have the worst customer service so plz use something else than WesternUnion to send money.

Kamran K.

Kamran K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic, Avoid at all cost

Did a instant transfer using WU app, money was supposed to be available instantly, but here I am chasing with western union why transfer is not complete. Firstly they hang up on me, secondary they kept forwarding my call, thirdly they couldn't answer what happened to the transaction. I urge everyone to never use this service. There is no hope for cancellation of transaction and no guarantee if money will reach at the other end. Please avoid at all cost.

Shahzad

ShahzadSydney, NSW

Worked like a charm

I initiated bank transfer from Australia to pakistan on Saturday using their app. And on Tuesday the money reached into the destination account. Exactly the amount WU promised. No fees were deducted. Great conversion rate as well. Cant be happier.

Rates and Fees

Customer service does not know how things work

I was told that some technical issue on my transaction that its either I cancel or escalate that someone will investigate and can take up to 24 hours. while on the phone i said, just cancel, since this is not the first time i had issues, then i receive email that my transaction is completed. I haven't even talked to someone who will investigate. they just don't know how things work and will just try to transfer you from one department to another