Western Union

Western Union

Brand Manager for Western Union? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Karen
KarenSydney

Never use again

Needed to update my credit card to send money to an overseas friend..The dope on the phone, who i could barely understand told me i needed a passport and license to update my new credit card.. I said my passport expired and i wont be renewing until we can travel again..She said go to a western union store and send from there..I informed her we are in lock down and cant leave our area and non essential stores and shops are closed..Then her robot voice went on and on and on..In 10 minutes, i never got another word in but i'm sure she knew at the end where to shove her script after my polite request..Imagine with covid affecting the world and we have to put up with these numbskull companies on top of everything.

Poor communication and unreliable

John
JohnHunter Region, NSW

Scammers/Caveat Emptor

WU was recommended to me to send money to my wife in China. Of 10 transactions, half have fallen over. Same story as all the posts.. They delay delivering the transfer funds and refund of YOUR OWN MONEY (which has been debted to YOUR BANK A/c ) because they hold the money and play the money market!! Use your Bank and pay a little bit extra and have peace of mind. When I rang and tried to get my money delivered or returned, it was a disgusting lot of lies read off the same cheat sheet. You can shout and jump up and down, it'll do no good..Can only recommend people stay away, use your Bank ,the extra ,minimal cost is absolutely worth it. BE WARNED.....

m h.
m h.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scammers

Sent money twice by mistake. Cancelled second transaction immediately. Two months in I’m still waiting for a refund. Currently on hold for 20 minutes and waiting. They advise you that you’ll get an email and then you get a generic advertisement

Wish 0 Star was a possibility

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Worst money transfer system

Gurman
Gurman South East Queensland, QLD

Keeps declining my transfer

Before it was working good but now it always decline my transfer and I have to talk to 3/4 customers services care and answer the question why and to whom am sending and later on I receive email declined transfer they keep doing this regular… not recommending

Ted
TedPerth, WA

Don't use

Took my money i was sending to brother inlaw in Indonesia, which i had done on previous occasions, put on hold ,said i have to call them, asked what the money was for how long i have known him, then refused to send, but i still waiting for my money back.

MONEY NOT RECEIVED!!!!

Sent money to Singapore on 1st, rang at least 3 times since 6th and was told money will be received in the account in Singapore on 8th. Checked on 8th, money is still not there. The helpline is hopeless. Do not use them. First and last time. Bad experience.

pras
prasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid

MBJ
MBJ

Do not use western union online

I set up an online account and made an international transfer from australia to the uk. When I logged back into the account I noticed that western union had made the same transfer three times. I attempted to contact western union but was unable to do so due to its fake or unmonitored mailboxes. I attempted to close the account I had setup but western union does not provide a facility to do that for that. Western union cannot and should not be trusted with sensitive personal information.

Paul
PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Western union sux

I have been a longtime loyal customer. I send my partner money to help her and family in a third world country. Western union blocked me from sending and receiving . Stating illegal activity. WTH. Stick your shithouse service and company.

Tania
Tania Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crap customer communication

Couldn't make a withdraw because I have gone over the limit, but had no idea of the limit, was NOT told about it and told to wait 7 days for refund and to top it up hung up in my face !! What the actual crap. No more western union transfer. Give me a quick missed call, leave me a voice message with a missing number and couldn't get back to them, for them to tell me my claim has be closed and cancelled

Jasjeet S.
Jasjeet S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I wish i could give western union 0 review

Guys, do not use them in the case of emergency because they will hold your money and ask you all those stupid questions and by the time the receiver gets the money, its too late for them.
I have experienced this 2-3 times and i am not going to use this crap company ever again. All the clones answering the phone calls are useless.

Md Burhan u.
Md Burhan u.Sydney, NSW

Worst Money Transfer Service

#worstservice Sent money to Bangladesh using instant pickup option, was given crappy conversion rate but accepted that because money was needed urgently. Now it stuck for two days and WU claiming money not received from my bank, whereas my bank (CBA) confirmed twice transaction went through but WU helpline just shrugging it off. Why do you bother offering instant transfer when can't meet the promise? I sent money to this receiver lot of times and still, you guys hang it for review?! This is the last time using WU, already signed up with another company. #wusucks #worstcustomerservice #worstserviceever

Read more reviews - page 2

Florizel F.
Florizel F.asked

How long can western union block me from sending money?

Roxy
Roxy

I dont know how long they can block you from sending money, probably as long as they want. I would not use them ever again send your money some other way that way it will stay safe.

Robert asked

Is there legal recourse in Australia for refusing to provide a service without a specific reason?

Angry customer
Angry customer

I dont know about the legal side but I know that a service can be refused by the provider without any reason, meaning you need to seek alternate options. Saying that, I dont believe any business wants to turnaround their customers by doing that

Robert

Thanks. I’ve tried different Government Authorities but they don’t seem to have to want much of a say in how WU operates.

Decebet M.
Decebet M.asked

WhyWestern Union block me in Belgium branch.
I can't pick up money anymore.
And what should I do that Western Union will unblocked me.
Please help me?

Gio
Gio

Use XE money transfer or another service, you have read the reviews. so why would you even think about using these PARASITES? They do not deserve your business.

Other Money Transfer Services