Westinghouse WSF6608X (Stainless)

28 questions from our users

Liz B.
Liz B.asked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

The programme and start pause buttons on my WSF6608x are not responding when pressed - there is no fault Indicated and the lights are still on but not able to run the dishwasher. I have tried turning the power on and off but to no avail. Nothing mentioned in troubleshooter in manual for this problem but just wondering if there is a simple solution before we have to call a technician in.

JulesFP

I think you will have to call the store you bought it from or a technician, unfortunately. We've never had that issue. Good luck!

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Ring Westinghouse

Barry W
Barry Wasked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

Pressing the program button will not move to the next option every time. Takes a lot of presses to get it to move to the next program option.

JulesFP

I've never had that issue, it sounds like it is a fault, unfortunately.

Jonn
Jonnasked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

How do i fix F5 code, pipes arnt kinked?

helen l.
helen l.asked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

Does it beep at the end of washing cycle?

Joanne T.
Joanne T.asked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

my wash arm keeps falling off the bottom of the middle drawer. I click it back on Seems to stick at the water connection at the back. How do I stop this please

Kate
Kateasked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

Hi, the powder compartment in our WSF6608 doesn't open during the cycle - the powder remains in the compartment. Does anyone have advice on how the compartment spring is triggered during the cycle? Our dishwasher is less than 2 yrs old and the compartment appears to open and close properly. We are also disappointed with the degree of drying after having previously owned a Bosch dishwasher that dried dishes amazingly well. I've read the other questions here and we've tried different cycles - still experiencing wet dirty dishes after a two-hour-plus cycle! I'd welcome any suggestions - thanks.

Lanz
Lanz

Hi, I cant speak for powder as I use a tablet and I never have any issues with that, I suggest you may need it looked at by a technician, not sure if its still under warranty. with drying my favourite setting is the heavy option and the timeframe isn't long at all for this option.
maybe worth trying a tablet, make sure you have full rinse aid and use heavy, then let me know if that helps, otherwise you may need to get it looked at.

Ian

I have a new WSF6608 dishwasher and after a few successful cycles it is also now failing to open the powder/tablet flap in use. Sounds like a service call might be in order also. I have tried with the tablet button selected and not with no difference. I think this is only for the 2 in 1 type of tablet, so you wouldn't think it would make a difference.

Bevo7584asked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

I have an issue where the dishwasher stops, lights go off then it either flickers or comes back on again.... This can happen multiple times a wash. Oh and no error codes, if I lucky it just continues on & finishes the wash like nothing has happened.

Any help appreciated, I'm hoping it's something simple I can fix or have overlooked?

Rochelle C

I am actually having the exact same issue and came here looking to see if anyone else was having a similar problem. I would love to see what the answer is to this.

Rochelle C

My machine is less than 4 months old and has been doing this on and off for the last couple months and is starting to get really annoying!!

Bevo7584

Try the tablet setting... I haven't noticed a problem when I remember to turn it on.

brown
brownasked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

what setting for fine china and crystal?

Kay
Kayasked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

My dishwasher won't drain , f2 keeps flashing. Have checked for blockages, have tried dishwasher cleaner and still won't drain properly. Any ideas?

Sim
Sim

Mine did this 3 days ago! Its 2 years old, there are NO blockages anywhere but still won't drain! Following this thread.

Pam D
Pam D

Mine has just done this today - exactly the same as you have both described. Did you find a solution? Mine is under 2 years old - about 18mths

stuartasked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

I have recently purchased the WSF6608 dishwasher, and have just installed it with the kitchen upgrade. I have found an issue in that I need to raise the upper basket in order for the dinner plates to fit in the lower basket, but when I raise the upper basket to the top position, and then try to push it back in, it is hitting the runners for the cutlery draw, and am unable to push it back in. Has anyone else had this issue, and how do I fix it?

Brian C.
Brian C.

I've this same problem. Did you get an answer?

stuart

Yes - I contacted Westinghouse, and after sending them photo's of the dishwasher, they sent out a technician with the correct basket for model I had.

Pete AM
Pete AMasked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

Where is this dishwasher made / manufactured?

Turkey

Nnn
Nnnasked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

Hi there... want to know why the dishes r not dry after the wash .. is it something I got to press?

Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Hi Nnn,
Tania from Electrolux here.
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse dishwasher.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania.
Thanks,
Tania

Adam
Adamasked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

Does the wst6608x machine come with plastic film on the front of the door? Our new machine (installed yesterday) appears to have scratches on the door but forums I read for other machines say there is a protective film that needs to be removed (including taking out screws)

Please advise. Thanks

Vivian
Vivianasked

Hi,
I have just purchased this dishwasher but I’m extremely disappointed that I cannot fit my standard plates in there. It’s easier to wash them by hand at this stage. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Matt
Matt

Same here, we bought smaller plates .

Sandra W
Sandra W

Just raise the upper basket as shown in the manual, and your dinner plates should fit, I did this and it worked for me.

Sally H.
Sally H.

I have the same problem, the upper basket is raised and I still have trouble with plates, they are a standard size plate, 25cm or 10 inches from side to side.. is there an alternate upper basket that can be fitted that is not so deep..

Matty4asked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

Hey there. Just wondering if this unit has an end program beep? Would love it to have one but can't find it covered in the manual. Cheers

Shirlene O.
Shirlene O.

Mine does not beep either

Matty4

Oh well, not the end of the world I guess, just would have been nice to have. Thanks for getting back to me :)

Adrian Rasked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

Why is there a number stamped on the front of my stainless steel dishwasher?, I'm so mad!!!!!

Adrian R

Peel off the protective film

Leonie
Leonieasked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

The Rinse Aid light remains on after I have filled the rinse aid compartment. What is the problem?

Leigh
Leighasked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

i have opened my dishwasher to find the upper spray arm has fallen off. It looks as though it has fallen off or broken off. If i order a new arm , does it screw in or click in?

Alan
Alanasked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

The display flashes between wash time and HO2 what does this mean?

jaya36

Sorry - I need more info. When does it flash? Where does it flash? Next to a menu selection? What buttons have you pressed, in which sequence before this happens? If any? I haven't watched it through any cycles to know if this is normal, sorry.
Is it malfunctioning, or does it wash as normal?

Roachy
Roachy

I would call the manufacturer if it’s still under warranty. Mine has never done that so not sure. Sorry

Hercule1

H02 means the delay start function has been activated. Press and hold the Start/Pause button for 3 seconds to cancel it.

Darren Chisholm
Darren Chisholmasked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

I have just purchased the WSF6608X Westinghouse dishwasher and my old dishwasher was connected to Hot Water ,will this be a problem connecting this new dishwasher to the hot water.The salesman told me to run on 50 degree temperature setting ?
Darren

JTO
JTO

Hi Darren, have a look at the manual, however I wouldn't think it would be an issue, however I'm not a technician.

jaya36

What did you end up doing? My manual states cold water connection only.

ninkasi
ninkasi

According to the manual "A water tempering valve is required if the water temperature is over 60°C." So if your water temperature is below that, it should be fine. In general running with hot water will save some money (as the dishwasher doesn't have to heat the water) but the dishes may not be quite as clean (as sometimes the hot water will effectively bake some food onto plates). There can be issues with ensuring the hoses can support hot water, and the differing pressure, but as the manual seems to indicate it's fine with hot water - you should be fine.

See all Westinghouse WSF6608 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Westinghouse WSF6608X (Stainless)