Westnet

Westnet

See the Best Home Phone Service Providers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Westnet? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Bill
BillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Total blithering incompetence!!!

Have used their web hosting service. As we have passed the business on we are trying to pass on the domain registration to the new owner. I cannot believe the total incompetence of this lot. 26 emails, various phone calls later, and they still can't do it, such a simple thing! For hosting services STAY AWAY FROM THIS MOB. What a waste of time this debacle has been. This product review site need to set up a new category for mobs like this, using negative stars. One star is far to generous.

Karen
KarenSouth East Queensland, QLD

What phone service?

Congratulations Westnet for using Vodafone towers, since changing to the new SIM cards we now cannot make or receive phone calls or text messages at home. We have phoned you to report this problem to which the staff don't care of our concern, just hope that we don't have an emergency at home that we need to make a phone call. At least when you were using the Optus towers we could make phone calls. Now you have forced our hand to look elsewhere after being with Westnet for over 15 years.

LibbyLou
LibbyLouSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst!!

Without equal, the most difficult unhelpful inefficient company I've ever had the misfortune to be involved with. I would not recommend to my worst enemy. I have wasted hours of my life on the phone to their Customer Care with absolutely no result. They are the worst of the worst.

Ralph
RalphPerth

Now one of the worst

Bill
BillMelbourne

Were good, now lousy.

Have used them for 4 years and the longer it goes on, the worse they become. Internet is patchy at best with weekly dropouts. The VoIP is just terrible and the consultants (os) just don't know what they are doing. If it wasn't for the promotional deal, Id be long gone.

Janette
JanettePerth, WA

never had a problem

I have been with Westnet since internet began. As Westnet they were brilliant, When iinet they were great, now TPG and they are still good. I really cant fault them, although not as good as the early years, but staff are always helpful. Often takes longer to fix the problem than it used to in the early days. But really I have no complaints

Steve
SteveGoldfields, WA

Terrible service.

Got a new SIM card. Got sent to a person in South Africa that did not achieve what I wanted . Phone does not work with the new SIM , got the big run around. Spent a lot of WASTED TIME on the phone. Did not get any result. Sad show ! If you do not CARE , you should not be in business.

• Incentivised Review No

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
DAVE
DAVESouth West, WA

cancelled account

Tried to cancel my account online. Couldn't do that. Spoke to a staff member on 02/10/2020 via phone and email. Email clearly stated account closed.17/11/2020 received a bill for amount due plus following month in advance. Contacted Westnet / iinet again. Very frustrating call staff refused to look at old emails from there staff .Nothing happened. Contacted westnet again on the 25/11/2020.Went through every thing again gave me another reference number and stated on an email we would contact you within one day. Surprise 27/11/2020 No Contact. Been with westnet since 2011 very very poor service.

Incompetent change!

Westnet recently switched over to using Vodafone's mobile service and sent me a new sim to replace the old one. which I installed and activated as advised.
Since then I have had nothing but trouble, calls dropping out or not connecting, texts not being sent, and what is "forwarding on conditional" all about?, when I do make a call.
As a Westnet customer for many years, I'm very disappointed with them, Vodafone and iiNet.
Looking seriously at other options.

Stan K
Stan KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cannot get closure or talk to anyone

Was charged for new router then charged again when nbn came in I was a loyal customer for over 12 years. The wheels fell off around March and was charged again for router after spending 5 hours on phone and through email NO satisfaction at all and now charge has gone up by over $140
Haven’t used them for over 3 months but still hounding me and wanting more money. Will never use Westnet or parent company iiNet as very poor service and no return calls .

LeonieEvans
LeonieEvansQueensland

Been ripped off for years for a service I have not used for over 10 years :(

Rose
RosePerth, WA

Terrible

I changed from Westnet to another provider late for in 2017 and recently I have received sms, phone calls and mail at home advising services will be suspended if I do not pay my account of approx $26. I have contacted Westnet and advised I have not been a customer since the end of 2017. I have been assured that the situation has been rectified and I would no longer be harassed but guess what it has started again. Hi Westnet please cease with your harassment as I do not owe you money. I paid the final account in full back in 2017 when I changed provider. Please delete me from your database.

Gail
GailGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If I could give it no stars, I would. Absolute incompetence!!!!

Phillip B.
Phillip B.South East Queensland, QLD

See ya later Westnet

I can’t understand how a company can go from 5 stars to absolutely no stars, after 14 years I’m out, there is no service, no one who cares about customer service or can even bother to respond to an email and the overseas call centres are completely incompetent they promise the world and deliver nothing. Stay away from iiNet/Westnet save your sanity and don’t waste your time or money with them. I really wish I had left years ago and saved my self so many headaches.
“Westnet - Service sets us apart” at least they live up to their business statement........

Evan Chooly Getit
Evan Chooly GetitWoop Woop

No redeeming features left.