Westnet

Westnet

DAVE

DAVESouth West, WA

cancelled account

Tried to cancel my account online. Couldn't do that. Spoke to a staff member on 02/10/2020 via phone and email. Email clearly stated account closed.17/11/2020 received a bill for amount due plus following month in advance. Contacted Westnet / iinet again. Very frustrating call staff refused to look at old emails from there staff .Nothing happened. Contacted westnet again on the 25/11/2020.Went through every thing again gave me another reference number and stated on an email we would contact you within one day. Surprise 27/11/2020 No Contact. Been with westnet since 2011 very very poor service.

Incompetent change!

Westnet recently switched over to using Vodafone's mobile service and sent me a new sim to replace the old one. which I installed and activated as advised.
Since then I have had nothing but trouble, calls dropping out or not connecting, texts not being sent, and what is "forwarding on conditional" all about?, when I do make a call.
As a Westnet customer for many years, I'm very disappointed with them, Vodafone and iiNet.
Looking seriously at other options.

Stan K

Stan KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cannot get closure or talk to anyone

Was charged for new router then charged again when nbn came in I was a loyal customer for over 12 years. The wheels fell off around March and was charged again for router after spending 5 hours on phone and through email NO satisfaction at all and now charge has gone up by over $140
Haven’t used them for over 3 months but still hounding me and wanting more money. Will never use Westnet or parent company iiNet as very poor service and no return calls .

LeonieEvans

LeonieEvansQueensland

Been ripped off for years for a service I have not used for over 10 years :(

Rose

RosePerth, WA

Terrible

I changed from Westnet to another provider late for in 2017 and recently I have received sms, phone calls and mail at home advising services will be suspended if I do not pay my account of approx $26. I have contacted Westnet and advised I have not been a customer since the end of 2017. I have been assured that the situation has been rectified and I would no longer be harassed but guess what it has started again. Hi Westnet please cease with your harassment as I do not owe you money. I paid the final account in full back in 2017 when I changed provider. Please delete me from your database.

Gail

GailGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If I could give it no stars, I would. Absolute incompetence!!!!

Phillip B.

Phillip B.South East Queensland, QLD

See ya later Westnet

I can’t understand how a company can go from 5 stars to absolutely no stars, after 14 years I’m out, there is no service, no one who cares about customer service or can even bother to respond to an email and the overseas call centres are completely incompetent they promise the world and deliver nothing. Stay away from iiNet/Westnet save your sanity and don’t waste your time or money with them. I really wish I had left years ago and saved my self so many headaches.
“Westnet - Service sets us apart” at least they live up to their business statement........

Evan Chooly Getit

Evan Chooly GetitWestern Australia

No redeeming features left.

Poopsie

PoopsieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Share my information. Privacy breech

Find out how Westnet compares to other Home Phone Service Providers

An experience not to have.

Again a 10 year + customer. Changed address. We can do this for you. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!! 4 weeks of absolute incompetence. Staff whose 4th language is English, reading of a script and not understanding a word they say or what you are saying. Westnet was a great company that was destroyed by iiNet. A company that seems to be a grotty, money grabbing pack of idiots. I cannot advise strongly enough to steer clear of these clowns, even Telstra is better. That's something I didn't think I would ever say. DON'T DO IT.

Been with Westnet for 15 years and over it - who should I go with

I have been using Westnet for over 15 years but am frustrated by its SLOW internet speed and lack of local assistance.
I years past I'd go to their Perth city office to pick up a modem, chat to a local who had time to assist me.these experiences gained my loyalty.Westnet is Westnet no more. get me away from the company that are using the Westnet name.....
Can you PLEASE assist me by suggesting an efficient and reliable provider? My area are not due to get NBN for 18months

Michael Gardiner

Michael GardinerAlbany

Very Poor Customer Service

Chose Westnet mobile service. Received sim card 2 days later. Accompanied with the sim card was a letter. It stated "activation may take up to 72 hours. 96 hours, 4 emails, 3 phone calls, one call response (45minutes) still no activation and no explanation. The most disappointing aspect of this process is the sub-standard customer service.

All I wanted was to delete my Fetch TV portion of my account

I waited in their queue for 47 minutes and when I got to an operator he transferred me to another operator, back in their queue for another 18 minutes and as soon as the operator realised that I wanted to downgrade my account he hung up on me, not impressed at all. Also they used to speak in Australian on their help lines but now I have extreme difficulty in understanding the heavily accented English by their call centre staff.
I'm now looking for an alternative provider.

Relieve them of their service obligations???

greg303

greg303

They were Good Once

Ken52

Ken52Mitchell, Qld

Westnet needs to review service policy and procedures.

FelixtheCat

FelixtheCat

WHAT HAPPENED TO WESTNET

We have been a customer for 18 years. Since IInet took over and moved the call centre from Perth to overseas it is appalling. I have to connect to NBN and the whole process has been a nightmare. Four weeks since having it connected I still have no modem (luckily I did not disconnect my ADSL service as we are a business). I'm being billed for an NBN plan that I cannot use. I've made at least 8 calls and of course can never get through. I have to wait up to 45 minutes for someone to call back. I could go on and on......

Maria

Mariakevington

terrible customer service - so appalling

Pathetic customer service

Have been a strong supporter of west net over many years, because service was accessible and knowledgable. Unfortunately in the last 12 months or so customer service has declined dramatically.
Currently my phone is out,I but cannot get a response to my emails. Automatic acknowledgement of my emails suggests that I ring the Werstnet service service number.

So far as the internet is concerned have found that 'customer service' people when you can get to them appear to have no more knowledge than I have. I had to spend a day solving a problem myself after spending some hours with service consultant.

They want my NBN connection: get plenty of information about that! No way!

SadroseAdelaide

A very sad change for the worst

I have been with westnet for years and they have been wonderful-quick and helpful service from Perth. In the last year all has changed-confused, unreliable and unhelpful service from elsewhere and now a mobile phone bill for an alleged 8 hour phone call which no-one can explain and for which there is no follow up as promised. I cannot recommend Westnet.

Sadrose

Now being billed for cancelled mobile plan.Told me that they had not been notified of cancellation but we got followup texts from them immediately on cancellation asking if all was OK! Now waiting 45 mins plus for call back from billing number.