Westnet Internet
Brand Manager for Westnet Internet? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Adequate Speeds Yes (15) · No (12)
Brissie Boy
Brissie BoySouth East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic service

Scammed my mother in law to get a phone/NBN plan. She had trouble with the phone and NBN, and they never helped her. Then we rang numerous times to disconnect but they were useless. They kept saying they couldn’t find the account even though we gave them the phone number, address and email address. It turned out that we never ever received an account from them for years because THEY typed the email incorrectly in their system (one letter was wrong). We therefore never had the account number. AND the email address was supposedly the reason they couldn’t close the account (even though we provided the address and phone number for the account).

Carol
Carol Hunter Region, NSW

Buyer beware poor service - constant run around

Unsubstantiated data use when my phone was turned off. A service model which seems to include stalling, transferring, being unable to find the manager. They will offer to call you back and won't. Six hours on the phone on six occasions nothing is resolved. Abysmal service poor products (internet and mobile), choose anyone else. After six years we are leaving, don't waste your time or money.

Libby
LibbyThursday Island

Bad Bad Bad

Only one in ten technicians know what they are doing
Promises to call back never happen
Different advice from different people constantly. Long periods of being on hold.
This provider was once five star now less than one

rogueant
rogueantPerth, WA

customer dis-service

i have been with iinet for over 12 years and the customer service has been good until they got involved with nbn. I was lied to by the sales department and told my service would be cut off if i didn't switch to nbn, a telstra technician confirmed this with me. I have been overcharged every month except the first one on nbn,
when i rang to complain, the service stopped working and after a month it still is not rectified. Every time i phone them someone tells a different story about what is wrong and why and that they will escalate the situation. The only things escalated by these clowns are customers frustration and blood pressure.
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

Dan L.
Dan L.South East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish service

After nearly 17 years with westnet and being happy with their service.
The last 2 years has been pathetic.
Still waiting for a call from their tech team after 3 days and having called them in the interim to remind them.

Bridie
BridieMid West, WA

Customer service crap

Our internet started dropping out end of 2020, problem has gotten increasingly worse since. After cyclone Seroja went through (12th of April 2021) we are reduced to resetting modem etc in order to get approximately 20min of internet before it drops out again.
I have made multiple calls to Westnet support & so far they have not even been able to change contact info correctly & internet is still down.
I have wasted days waiting for & making calls to, & obliging them with their repetitive diagnostic test, all of which were fruitless.
We are trying to run a business & are solely reliant on wifi due to lack of mbl coverage.
Very very unhappy, & disgusted by the sheer lack of basic humanity.

Emma

I am so disappointed and frustrated, I would not recommend WestNet

Emma

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Honest Critic
Honest CriticFar North Queensland, QLD

Avoid westnet at all cost - their support is terrible!

Extremely disappointed
Extremely disappointed

Very Poor Service

Rather give zero stars

I have many of emails in which I'm not wanting to put on here for I have sent at least 20 emails to customer service I've also called in 5-6 times still nothing has happened to fix my problem

Dee
Deenarellan vale

Poor service provider

Rosie
RosieSydney, NSW

Appalling lack of service for Seniors

A 98 year old lady who lives alone was left without a phone service or any form of communication for 5 days and again this week for 2 days . I called customer service on her behalf from my mobile and after many calls and being kept on hold for long periods they were no help. I threatened to get legal advice and eventually a technician came. All very stressful

Sharon D.
Sharon D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not use Westnet

I live in Melbourne and have been a customer of Westnet for 12 years. No more. I applied to move from ADSL to NBN, bought the extra tech they insisted on, but the NBN set up didn't work. However, in the meantime and without confirming the NBN set up had worked, Westnet had shutdown my ADLS connection and they say it can't be re-established. In the middle of a pandemic when we're all supposed to work from home Westnet has removed my internet connection.

Westnet Sucks
Westnet Sucks

I hate Westnet!

I have been a customer since Westnet were self-owned, and stuck with them for way too long. My NBN service is sketchy but the biggest frustration is the accounts and billing. I have just notified the company for the 4th time that they keep billing an old account, and I've updated my account details. Every customer service rep is so apologetic and swears they've fixed it, and every time they keep billing my old account. The payments are taken before the bill is due, sometimes before the invoice is even issued. I am about to report the company to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission they are that ridiculously awful.

BhTktc
BhTktcPerth

After ten years I expected better.

Hunter
Hunterasked
Westnet Internet

Does anyone have a phone number for management of Westnet in Perth (not the call centre in Cape Town)?

Perilous
Perilous

I don't think you can talk to anyone in Perth, I've tried without success.

Jan
Jan

Sorry Hunter, you will not find anyone in Australia, it's all foreign now. I have asked previously to be put through to someone in Australia. Can't do apparently. Good luck there, if you do find someone in Australia, please post on here, so I can ring and speak to someone who speaks the same language I do (plain English).
Cheers Jan

laurel
laurel

As I am lucky to live in Perth I am going to drive to their office and demand to speak to an australian in person..

Roy
Royasked
Westnet Internet

Why does Westnet have it's technical team located in South Africa?

Mick
Mick

So you cant find them
Worst service ive ever had
Ive been with westnet for 16 years without a problem. Now that tg own it their service is non existent

PtDaFool
PtDaFool

Westnet were bought out by iiNet in 2008, then TPG took the reins in 2012. The cape-town call centre is iiNet's, however the Westnet brand also utilise them, among other brands.

Westnet is nothing more than a brand now, one that iiNet sullied, and TPG have utterly destroyed.

People should really pay attention to the news when take-overs are concerned as often they are NOT the good news that they're touted to be at the time.

Jenifer M
Jenifer M

After reading all these complaints I defineately won't use westnet. I have been getting calls as I am with iiNet now

Compare all 9 Westnet Internet
Standard Monthly Price $59.99$74.99$99.99$69.99
Typical Evening Download Speed 12.0 Mbps48.0 Mbps85.0 Mbps22.0 Mbps
Promotional Monthly Price $89.99
Promotional Offer

Price is for the 12 months, then reverts to standard pricing.

Max Download Speed 12 Mbps50 Mbps100 Mbps25 Mbps
Max Upload Speed 1 Mbps20 Mbps20 Mbps5 Mbps
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNNBN
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period
Data AllowanceCapped/FixedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited