Westpac

Westpac

Branches and Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jenyfer Joy

Jenyfer Joy

Home insurance

Been with the bank for 3 years and took their home insurance. Meter box caught on fire and the electrician they send did not fix the issue despite us having their insurance the tennants had to live without electricity for two weeks because Westpac kept prolonging sending a qualified electrician

Ramkulov

RamkulovMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Online investing - The can't maintain the account

Money randomly appear and disappear from my account (22 Aug 2019)
I get charged some fee for they mistake made by WestPack ($117 that was canceled and now $12 again that still need to be solved)
Then I have to call, hang on the line and explain that the fee they charging me is their own mistake and this need to fixed.

At the moment I'm waiting to get my money back to close my account and never get back to WestPack.

Mike

MikeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible

We had a business loan with Westpac
In the beginning they were throwing money at us
Unfortunately our business wasn’t performing as expected
The grubs wanted nothing to do with us and gave us less than a year to pay back a$300000 loan or they were coming to get our house
Could not contact anyone to discuss and they basically wanted nothing to do with us
They refused to refinance under a personal loan
We found another bank Newcastle Permanent that had no problems refinancing our loan
Westpac are money hungry grubs
Stay away from them

Review TypeBusiness Banking
David Caudle

David CaudlePerth, WA

Awful bank

Awful bank that holds your money all day making you default on bills, yet I can transfer money in seconds, you’ll get an Indian when you try and complain, 14 hours ago I was paid and I’m still waiting for MY MONEY,.

I’m finished with Westpac after 12 years.

*1300 the following day, I am still waiting for my money, bank is blaming my boss even though I’ve clearly seen the evidence her bank has deposited the money out of her account, they haven’t a clue what’s going on, just blame everyone else, nothing but criminals*

nahdoo

nahdoo

Chatline is useless just waste of time

I paid my credit card from my savings account on 30/9/2019 so should have gone through but found today 1/10/2019 that this had not occurred. Tried "talking" to Bob Banker on Chatline. I think he was a Baker not Banker. Finally I managed to pay my credit card on the telephone. Westpac great time waster their telephone help is no help either.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

appalled at their arrogance!

appalled at the treatment he says he can n longer hear me! so we will put a hold on my card and no payment of any kind will take place! I simply disputed monthly payment to pdf subs who are able to continue taking installments without correct card details, this subscription was cancelled in march 2019! off to the lawyer! thanks Westpac!

Laura

LauraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wespac in its entirety is Garbage

Review TypeATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account

Hiren Patel

Hiren PatelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst banking service

I am holding a home loan and daily cheque account with Westpac. Suddenly one day they blocked my account and I was not even able to use my Internet banking or my debit card anywhere. When I called customer service they were not able to tell me except that I need to visit the branch and prove my identity. They blocked my account without informing me.

Cheated customer

Cheated customerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not bank with Westpac!!!

Do not bank with Westpac, worst customer service ever!!! They do not care about their customers at all!!!! Westpac make simple things extremely hard for their customers and their care factor is zero!!!

Faran

FaranPerth, WA

Worst bank ever

Surprised the gov doesn't come in an dissolve these terrible terrible money leaching structures. A company with 1000s of staff and I get a more professional service from my law mawer. A complete joke. Not to mention they have policies that are clearly there to leach money out of you any way they can. The purposely postponed our settlement (going to another bank) to leach more money out of us. Stupid stupid stupid. Stay away from these big banks

Review TypeBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application

M H.

M H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I would give less than one star

Terrible,annoying

I got home loan with this bank and due to change in family circumstances I requested so many times the mortgage centre to help me with interest only or payment reduction for loan repayment as my ex husband stopped paying anything. It is a joint property and my request was to make changes until property settlement is done but they keep tossing you from one Person to another on call but nothing happens in the end . I don’t know why they get paid if they don’t even know the right person to help you. I think all they do is annoy you so much that you lose courage to ring back again. Life is already being stressful, please stop this ‘westpac assist ‘drama .

nigel.cock

nigel.cockMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Extremely poor and slow service

Been with Westpac for 10 yrs, need to obtain a small amount of money to replace a broken gas heater & it has already taken 4 weeks to get to a finance application to be told now takes 2 more weeks to get approval. All we want to do is keep our asthmatic kids warm. Really angry with lack of communication & heartless staff, aparently no lenders here in SA, had to do it over the phone!!

Poor customer service

Been with Westpac and its pre decessor for 42 years. Service OK ??? until now. Customer relations very poor. Debit card expired, no replacement issued.no letter or explanation as to why. Branch staff useless as they did not care even though he was a Personal Banking Specialist. Travel 120 Kms each way to be treated like a criminal. Staff member saw the card but said nothing. They do not seem to have learnt nothing from the Royal Commission grilling they received. Typical of this Bank, all take but no give.

Review TypeBusiness Banking and Credit Card Application
Robina

RobinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They couldn’t care less about loyal customers

I’m a loyal customer of 28 years! They’re offering NEW customers 16 months no interest credit cards but they refuse to swap mine. Insulting at my time of temporary need.

Review TypeCredit Card Application
Regina

Reginanewcastle NSW

Great customer service

My local branch is in Beaumont Street Hamilton Newcastle wat great friendly customer service great customer experience fast service and know wat they are talking about the westpac Brand I would recommend visiting this branch

Simon

Simon

Terrible service, doesn't care about customers, couldn't give a crap about your well being.

Debit card expiring, they send it to the wrong address (outdated by 4 years). Won't send me a new one. Cool, thanks westpac, now I can't get money out of my account. "Go to a branch". Hmm branches are only open 5 days a week between 9:30-4pm. Employees move slower than government.

Jess

JessQueensland

Terrible Experience

Appalling conversation with Westpac staff today who clearly require training on how to speak to customers., very upsetting. No personal touch from Westpac, their staff make accusations that are incorrect and can't be backed-up (nothing like what they claim in their vision statement or company values).

Leethal

LeethalMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't waste your time or money

Daniel L

Daniel LGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Holding onto your momey.

My account was stop because it was overdrawn. I corrected it and put the account in positive but still had a stop on it. Wasn't aloud to withdraw the positive funds. So went to close the account to withdraw my funds they turned around telling me i owe them funds after the interest and charges. I couldn't touch my account over a month. Scammers will never bank or promote westpac.
They are on the bottom of the banking industry know. Will also advise everyone i know not to bank with westpac.

M H.

M H.asked

I would love to know where our fantastic Westpac Branch Manager has gone. He made us believe that Westpac makes life easier but with his sudden unexplained and unmentioned-to-us absence we are left to deal with one inefficient and uncaring call centre person after another. Three months is a long time to process an application for a loan increase of less than 10% and yet here we are waiting; we haven't had a response to our latest email for over two weeks. So I have just filed a complaint and that didn't even go well! During the call the line went dead and the person didn't even call me back to finish the call - I don't know who I was speaking with, their location or how to reach them. In my view, Westpac is the worst in terms of customer service and I want to know if anyone has any recommendations on where else to take my business. I've started dealing with Mortgage House and have so far been completely impressed with how easy the process of refinancing a loan can be, the communication and customer service has been fantastic so far... Does anyone have any other suggestions?

fred f
fred f

Yes. Change banks

Brackenboy

Brackenboyasked

Branches

Where do I find the credit card reviews on this site?

jkl
jkl

under finance where it says credit cards

Trace

Traceasked

I'd like to know what happened to my car loan application...6 weeks on: & 7 phone calls later...& no-one can find that or all the paperwork I sent online? Plus Westpac just phoned me...asked a bunch of questions...then said they couldn't confirm my identity & couldn't discuss the financial issue with me. Uummmmm you phoned me, Westpac! Over it...they can shove their money! Think I'll take our home loan & investment loan out of Westpac too. Ridiculous service. Actually no there is NO service!

Get an answer from our members and Westpac representatives