1.5

Canceled my choice account

Up until today I have had no problems with Westpac and found the Geelong branch to have been a great help. I recently received a cancellation letter of my accounts and when I called to enquire about this I couldn’t get an answer. I have been told to empty my account before a specific day or they Will Shut it down and send me a cheque. How ever they are happy to keep my home loan account open. Making things difficult for me to make any repayments of my loan in the future...

Julie

JulieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Heartless during covid crisis

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely awful customer service!

I dealt with Jingjing (Crystal) Wang at the QV Branch. I found her behaviour childish and immature and on the border of grossly unprofessional.

This is truly disappointing and goes to the core of the relationship that I have established with Westpac and sadly I will now consider switching to another bank.

Barry s.

Barry s.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Another poor service experience

TopicCredit Card Application
Luke

LukeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible new customer experience. Will close.

I selected their credit card, applied, approved. Card arrived. Wouldnt work. Spoke to call centre. Sent to branch. Branch 'fixed'. Card wouldnt work.Called called centre. They told me the branch 'didnt do their job' and sent me back to the branch. Wanted in branch for an hour while they tried to fix. They called call centre. Needed more paperwork all of a sudden. Card is locked. Never used. Still waiting. I'll be closing the card as soon as I can. I'll never go near Westpac again.

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account
Martin

MartinSouth East Queensland, QLD

badly run bank

Had credit card with this bank ,lost job and had difficulty paying the outrageous
interest rates and then was bombarded with endless ROBOCALLS which always
came from a silent number and no message was ever left.It was relentless.
So even though i was getting charged 20% interest when the cash rate was less
than 1% they couldnt even call me properly and i was harrased constantly
by these ROBOCALLS.I have since closed this account and i have pulled my
mortgage from Stgeorge which is owned by the same bank.
my advice is dont even think about getting a account with this bank.

HonestReviews

HonestReviews

Branch Closed Due To Health Problems

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking and General Transactions
Mr M

Mr MGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Still sending paper mail to wrong address.

No matter how you’ve set up your preferences in your Westpac Account, you’ll get still paper mail (when you’ve set all to receiving them online), plus, you’ll get them sent to the wrong mailing address. I have a mailing address and residential. They ignore the mailing: PO Box address, and continue to send paper mail to the residential. What’s the point of offering all these options to customers when your staff cannot follow them?

Incompetent at their worst

Have been a customer for over 20 years, but no more. I received an overseas money order as a gift and just wanted to put it in my account. I was told that it would have to go to the collections division to make sure there were ample funds to process it, which could take weeks. HELLO, the money order was already paid for to get the money order in the 1st place. After speaking to several people I finally spoke to someone who had to actually ask what a money order was. If you're going to hire staff, make sure they actually have a clue in what banking actually entails.

Tigger

TiggerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Heartless soul-less bank, I hope their executives are made penniless

14 years, and over 250,000 spent with them, they forget to mail my statements and they can't make internet banking work with my account, so I get stuck paying interest rates that are outlandish and completely not my responsibility to pay, as I didn't get a statement and nor can I log in to check my account. This bank is the worst bank in ALL of australia, and this land sets the scum bar pretty high.

Everyone that works for Westpac can seriously get off.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Terrible

I have been with westpac for a long time and I’m very very disappointed with the customer service. Paid my friend $84 on 1st of June online banking and she didn’t receive the money so I rang the bank and I was told that they will pull my money back in 10 business day but until now I haven’t get it back yet. I have email and rang I few times but I’ve been told just wait‍.

Gaz

GazPerth, WA

Outrageous fees

Outrageous fees first of all when I open my account they said there would be no account keeping fees ,then they charge me overdraw fee numerous times because account become overdrawn because of the account keeping fee . I will never use Westpac again

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
Claire Kingi

Claire KingiSydney, NSW

Worst customer service and dishonest tactics!

TopicGeneral Transactions

Absolute rubbish service and support

TopicCredit Card Application
Trevor N

Trevor NGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

it's already more than 5 weeks and still not processed my fixation for mortgage

I was with westpac variable mortgage and trying to fix it. it already took me more than 5 weeks, and they are still delaying it. at the beginning they told me they are going to process within 2 weeks, later on 4 weeks, now it's already more than 5 weeks, best avoid this bank, they don't have any integrity at all.

Time Wasters

Slow handling of my daughters home loan application, dragged on for almost four weeks, they said they only needed one more letter proof credit card had been closed, she gave it too them, they sat on it for another week then decided not to give her the loan. You can only hold the land for a period of time, complete waste of time, caused sleep loss and anxiety. Why did they let it drag on.

Jimmy Zha

Jimmy ZhaSydney, NSW

Covid-19 Help does not really help

It has been more than a month after I sent the required paperwork to Westpac in order to refix the fixed home loan package.

As a result, I am paying a higher fix rate fortnightly which is the current fix rate offered by Westpac. Two of the staffs were saying this is due to error in the account so the process gets delayed.

While Westpac is marketing on Covid-19 help everywhere on the website, and this issue would not be resolved rather than waiting. So the COVID 19 help offer it's just a marketing term to let people know? or Westpac is trying to help when the customer does need help.

Notes: There is no one ever called or emailed me about the status of my account, and I do not appreciate such customer service.

Nyein O.

Nyein O.

Horrible service. One star is even not worth it to give

I have been with Westpac for long time. Bad communication when I applied a new home loan. Hand balling to one person then another person and they never followed up about my application. Finally ending up with NAB with a better rates. I canceled my both home and landlord insurance with Westpac too cos it was appalling! I have only one home loan left and it will be moved to NAB soon. Westpac Credit card team is stupid. If they reject me, would they still have anyone to accept? Ridiculous! No brain. Done with Westpac. Feel sorry to be with them for 8 years and paid my interest to them. Not worth it. Not anymore from now.

TopicCredit Card Application and Loan Application
Stevo

Stevo

terrible bank

Been using Wetpac for over 20 years and without any warning nor reason they decide to close my accounts , If we are expected to not carry cash then how can we have banks doing this .
Avoid this bank at all costs

Kirsty

KirstyPerth, WA

So incompetent

We have been trying to refinance our home loan with Westpac since April (3 months). We finally received the paperwork in late May, sent it back and waited. I called today (late June) to see what was going on and they said there was more paperwork which they never sent! They emailed it through and it was wrong. Still waiting for a response, and then no doubt 5 more weeks until the changes go through.