Mho

MhoAU

Service is 404

I'm 72 and the service or the absence thereof is by far the worst I've ever encountered and this is about fraudulent transaction on my account not something that should be treated lightly! The help number needs a translator for English speaking customers as the heavy accents make phone communication almost impossible. One gets the impression that they are talking to someone in Wuhan! At one time when asking for the card fraud department I got transferred to Optus maybe I would get help there because there certainly isn't any help where they say they're here to help. Not sure where that is certainly not in Australia! Never going to use Westpac bank card online again.

TopicGeneral Transactions
George

GeorgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid this bank at all cost

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
Jackie Q.

Jackie Q.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Westpac car loan

20years with this bank
No not reliable
Customer service with this bank is disgusting
Just one car approved in 2013 paid in full in a short two years
I applied for a car loan recently almost approved they thought I was a international student not sure why, to realised I wasn't and they declined the approval WTH, the next day I was approved for a car loan with a different car loan company these a shiny new MG in my drive way,

TopicLoan Application

Amit

AmitMelbourne

Pathetic service

There is absolutely no customer service, I have been waiting for a business card since more than 4 weeks and calling the customer service nearly everyday but no help from them at all. Customer service just transferred me somewhere where no one picks up the phone at all.

Chris B.

Chris B.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

I wish you could vote ZERO. One is WAY too high. Westpac are the absolute lowest.

TopicCredit Card Application
Greg

GregSydney, NSW

Card taken by ATM, card not replaced, Zero Customer support

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions
era

eraSydney, NSW

Worst bank in Australia.No help for Covid 19 support pacakge.

I have contacted the for get help for my personal loan because of my income loss because of Covid19 situation.The lady name was Margerte very rude and poor customer service not help at all .She was taking with me around 30 min asking so many questions and said she cant help me.I am with them around 10 years now in a decision I will to change the bank forever after I will pay off this loan.

There are other banks they really help during this Covid 19.

Wayne N.

Wayne N.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor customer service

I have been a client for eight years and just finished a business loan so I decided to try Westpac again for a loan on a new work vehicle. I requested a courtesy call that all documents arrived and to email the seller so he could send his details. Three days after sending in a business loan application I had no contact and the person who set it up wouldn’t come to the phone each time I called.

Even after sending an email request to cancel the application I didn’t receive a response.

Stratton Finance had my approval done in 24 hours.

Will never use Westpac again.

TopicBusiness Banking
86 400
3.6
Mossimo

MossimoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The Worst Bank in Australia. No customer support, looks after shareholders not the account holder.

Looking for a better rate, so I call Westpac, the robot advises that their is an 8 Minute wait, dial 1 and one of our team will call you back.. I dialed 1. Still after 4 days no callback call them again. Waited 30 minutes to talk to someone, who advised that there is a 50 minute wait to talk to someone about your home loan. Gave up, looking for new financing now.Everybody needs to move away from this establishment. As a customer I want to be looked after not ignored.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Cory

Cory

Worst bank in Australia’s history

I get charged $10 per month for a bank account to be updated 2-3 times a week. A $600 balance showing so if I buy $300 worth of groceries, westpac will update that to be minus $200 so they can bank roll me with overdue fees.
They don’t honour their service.
My credit card has been “blocked” for 14 days, they don’t give me control over that, they don’t even call to notify of this, so now I’ve got no food & money sitting in my own bank account that they’ve blocked my access to.
Great idea, just starve all your clients! That’ll bring a lot of business!!!

Ilie V

Ilie VSydney, NSW

Great help from the bank.

In this period of epidemic like many australians I choose to buy items online. Unfortunately I applied to a overseas company who tried to takes advantage of honest hard working people and with missleading and scam tried to make me to loose hundreads of dollars. I was lucky to apply to my bank for help and in record time the bank dealt with my problem and in the end I didn't loose any money. I am with the bank for 30 years and it is not the first time the bank helped me financialy. In this time I had a home loan and all the time they gave me the best interest in the market. I never forget that my bank is the first one in Australia and I recomend to anyone who needs financial help.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Great interest rate easy to make an account

I just made an account as a new customer in like 5 minutes. It was easy and now I am on a much higher interest rate on my savings account. Very happy with the process!!

Anthony

AnthonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst bank in Australia

Fees are the highest out of all the banks we enquired with. Service when your having a problem is ridiculous. Their security to protect merchant customers from credit card fraud works to the criminals advantage.

TopicBusiness Banking
Ravi S.

Ravi S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Doesn't want your business

Joshua J.

Joshua J.Sydney, NSW

Closing branches everywhere

Changing banks Westpac treatment of there customers is nothing short of disgusting. Long waits no branches and poor customer service. Used to be a good bank now clearly only care about profits. Corruption accusations don’t surprise me one bit

Byrno

ByrnoHighfields

1.3 billion reasons not to be in the corrupt Westpac Bank!

TopicLoan Application
Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Credit Card Application - Almost 40 days & still processing

One of the worst banking experiences. I fell for the 20 months 0% BT promo. It has been more than 40 days and my BT is still under process. I wonder if I applied for a home loan or credit card. I have to follow up to have my application processed. Second time to have my card mailed out. Third time to follow-up on balance transfer. So yes if you have all the time in the World. Go for it. I can only blame myself for giving them a second chance after a bad Home loan processing experience.

TopicCredit Card Application, Loan Application and New Account
Tom

TomGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Toorak Branch

I've been with the bank for a few years and decided to come back to the bank after a while. Extremely happy with the level of service provided by Brodie at the branch who made it a seamless and fantastic experience. Thank you for making me feel welcome to the branch and doing such a fantastic job!

Anster

AnsterAU

Banked at Westpac Ivanhoe Vic, average branch and service, moved to Bank of Melbourne Ivanhoe, nicer and more helpful

Westpac Ivanhoe is tired and old, staff a little tired also, not rude but really not that welcoming, Have moved my banking to Bank of Melbourne Ivanhoe just down the road and couldn't be happier, lovely staff and lovely branch. Clean, courteous and efficient. Such a big difference considering they are both owned by same organisation.

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions
Anne Fraser

Anne Fraser

Total lack of forethought as Lindfield branch closes