Westpac

Westpac

Branches and Online

Worst credit line staff.just waste my time

I applied Personal loan online,i got conditionally approved.they requested document.i upload same time.they refused 3 times documents as i submitted.i called every day for update,they put me hold every time more then half an hour. finally i got declined after long time waiting period.worst bank.i m going close all account with westpac bank.
same document i got approval with another bank with more amount. i will not recommend to my friend.even negative effect in credit file.

Review TypeCredit Card Application

Reasonable

There are many negative reviews on Westpac here so I want to share my views as well. I have been with Westpac for more than 18 years now, like most major banks in Australia, I think they provide reasonable service although many of my friends tell me non banks offer cheaper home loan interest rates. Some branches where I live have closed so that is disappointing but not unexpected. I sometimes deposit money through the ATM and I think many people can be taught that.

Timing for Profit

We have been with Westpac for more than 10 years.Westpac have increasingly released my husband's pay later and later, It used to be 6pm for earlier now it is 8.30pm and no sign of release. Interesting.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Poor service after 10 years with them.

Been with them 10 years and get a letter about credit card no longer in package and want to change me $150 fee.
Why now after 10 years. Called them and just poor customer service. They just don't care

Awful experience

They were unable to provide deposit account rates until I made a deposit, useless could not care customer service, high priced insurance etc. I was SOOO glad I moved. It was the general feeling that noone, at any point, even cared about keeping me as a client.

Review TypeBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Totally Disgusted!

WESPAC WARNING!!!!!!! Hey Everyone, just wanted to send out a warning you all those who bank with Wespac or who are thinking of joining them. I was contacted on 8May by the Wespac Fraud Unit about some dodgy activity on my account. I told said Westpac employee NOT to allow the transaction to go ahead and thought that was the end of it. Oh No! Last night I see a significant amount of money had been transferred out of my account. I duly called the help line, was on hold for ages and spoke to lovely chap who copped it from me especially when he informed me that the Wespac Fraud Dept did indeed have the evidence of my call on May 8 but well, sorry for you the transaction was permitted by Wespac anyway!!!! Now as a widow with two kids battling to make ends meet on an ordinary day this is not the kind of behaviour you'd expect from one of the top 4 banks! Needless to say that after banking with Wespac for 10 years now - I will be looking for an other institution to bank with and I will be posting this information on any other multimedia outlets I can find. You can't just expect people to accept that as the financial securer of other people's hard earned cash Wespac holds no responsibilty for their mistakes. That money isn't going to magically reappear so that I can buy food for my family for the next fortnight- because YES this was my pay week and the time to replenish my household.AND YES it's the end of the month when the majority of the bills need to be met. And then to add insult to injury I was told that my debit card would not be usable for the next 5-7 working days until I would receive a new card so if I needed to do shopping etc I was advised to use cardless cash withdrawals to get by.

Love it.

Bank is very reliable. I recommend westpac to evryone. Customer service is excellent. Always very helping and nice. On the phone and in person. Been with the bank almost a year now.

Thieves

They stole my money they said that the other party can no longer challenge it and we have a letter to confirm that as well as a phone call which they can review but refuse to do.

Then when I posted on their Facebook that they did that they won’t let me comment anymore. They say they will try to PM me to help on the comments so that it looks sincere but clearly they aren’t because I can’t even reply in the PM. Disgusting thieves give me my money back.

Review TypeATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

WORST BANK EVER

We use westpac for our business and it is the worst bank ever! do not sign up with them! the online banking site is so outdated i can't believe they are still able to operate.

ABSOLUTE FAIL

Highly unprofessional service

Not even 1. It was worst experience I have ever had with banks and services. Lots of misleading and falls information plus waisted our time (3 months) so we lost our first home offer. Very disappointed and will never come back.

Review TypeLoan Application

Westpac Is Essentially A Third World Bank Falling Apart. Unbelievable They're Still In Business,

This is my feedback to them : copy/ pasta

I knew the big four banks were a nightmare to deal with, but Westpac has taken the winning cake for
incompetence.

I'm speaking to a chat operator who cannot speak english properly right now. His answer to my query was 'call your other bank'

On internet banking you've got html code showing in your internet banking screen (see screenshot),

and a $3600 balance transfer to another card hasn't occurred.

On top of that, i can't find the pay code to pay my new credit card anywhere on your website after looking around.

When i tried activating my card it failed online, so i called an operator, and spoke to a employee in australia who rushed me through the process.

It's been a horrible experience from the word go. I still don't know where $3600 has gone.

Westpac, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.

I'm thankful i don't have any other accounts with you.

You're the ones who send off the balance transfer and it hasn't been paid to my other bank.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and New Account

Not even worth 1 star.

We were overcharged in asking the bank for the return of our house title after a loan had been payed off. Complained to the bank, totally ignored even though they assured me they will get back to me. Went in again, same assurances, and ignored again. An online complaint lodged, and finally they agreed we were overcharged. By way of refunding they offered a Woolworths gift card. Strange? But ah well, whatever.
Tried to use the card and it was declined! Nothing on it.
Customer service was non existent. Follow up? well, that was insulting. I know that essentially most of the big banks are the same, although having the Commonwealth bank do the same operation on our title in discharging another loan did not cost anything, and they did not rip us off on the titles office charge.
Won't go near a Westpac again.

Don’t use this bank

I have been with Westpac well over ten years. One Saturday morning my debit card wouldn’t work the Warwick Perth Westpac Bank was open so I went in as I was highly concerned but they told me not to worry as I had a new one being sent to me. I was extremely concerned now as I hadn’t ordered one and wouldn’t move from that bank even though it was now closed as it was past 12 and I wanted assurances from them. To cut the story short they issued a new card which was collected by a person unknown to me and that person was using it. They told me I had phoned them and requested this card so I asked if I could hear that call which they allowed. It was a woman and not only couldn’t she tell them my secret code but she also told them my name incorrect YET Westpac allowed a card to be issued and I went through months of hell over this. Westpac offered me $500 to silence me but I prefer to let you all know what sort of bank they are and how they treat their customers. I went to the stores where the card was used and one of the store managers told me they get their money regardless of who has used it and the banks are covered by their insurance. I physically became a detective and secured a witness from one of the shops together with the local postie to take to the police who arrested the thief. I didn’t know this thief but enjoyed my day in court watching her being sentenced. Westpac customers be very careful they are NOT your friend and will not help you if it doesn’t suit them.

Deposit problem in ATM

Hi
I have westpac customer from last 10 years. On 8 may i deposited some money in my account through westpac epping branch. In beginnings it shows in my account and then disappear. It is such a terrible thing done by westpac i called them they suggested me to go to branch. She checked it and contacted some of her back officer and deposited money back in my account and said its because of ATM is playing.
If ATM is playing then they let people to stop depositing in that ATM. If some1 don’t check through online banking then he doesn’t know or realise specially senior citizens. This is 2nd incident first one year ago they charge me for overdrawn by showing wrong transaction.
I request people to keep checking their account specially with westpac. Making billions of $$ but cheating with people. Shame on you westpac.

Review TypeATM Experience

Friends with Money - Fools with Cash - Buderim QLD

Is it a Bank or a Retail Shop ?

Tried to deposit some money to my credit card using the hole in the wall. "service not available" , so I walk in to the Branch to make the payment manually only to be advised " I cannot take cash ", then staff disbelief when I tried to inform them hole in the wall WAS NOT working that is why I am in here.

A Bank that DOES NOT accept cash. Service ? What service.

Review TypeATM Experience and General Transactions

The Epping plaza branch business banking staff are snoozing?!!

This Epping plaza branch business banking staff are taking soooo long to serve their customers. Sit and wait over an hour and so human soul come to serve me. Don’t know what these guys doing behind a closed doors.

Review TypeBusiness Banking

The worst bank available. Go elsewhere

Westpac are terrible. They’re inflexible and clearly a business not a bank. The fees are outrageous and the customer service is non existent. Awful awful awful service

Worst bank ever

The amount of times this bank has locked me out of my account and left me with no money access over the wkend. Numerous times I have been told to go into the branch to fix it. Which I did only only for my account to be locked again.

Poor service

Home loan department only care if you meet there criteria otherwise no contact to even you give you a answer ... thanks westpac this is the second time they let me down... will not bank here ever again.

Review TypeLoan Application

Westpac system nightmare for a new token

I am a business customer with Westpac for more than 6 years.
2 years ago my token expired and ordered a new one. Get it sent at least 3 times to the new address, I still haven't received my token. It's a very difficult experience and a pain to tell Westpac's head office operator to send my token to the new address. They are not helpful at all and incompetent for problem solving. Shame on you Westpac.