Westpac

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Alan C.

Alan C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Waited 50mins on Call Centre

Cant believe that business these days still think its acceptable to have to wait 50mins to answer my phone call. No call back service. I also bank with CBA and can always get through within 5 minutes... No wonder this bank has lost public trust.. The only good part was the lady was quite helpful..

Brendan Rigaud

Brendan RigaudSouth East Queensland, QLD

Got scammed and the fraud department trying to wipe their hands with it

4 years Ive been with Westpac, I got scammed and they are just trying to wipe their hands with it, every time I ring I get something different and they tell me todo e thing then they wipe their hands with it, then they dispute it then they say no sorry we cant do anything.
Disgusted with everything

Rondel

RondelNorth Queensland, QLD

Very rude

Bank mail being sent to deceased person after informed of death. Upon phoning up was given a few different reasons and person spoken to was quite abrasive and defensive. Will never use this bank. Be wary.

Animal

AnimalIllawarra, NSW

Westpac lying to deflect negative feedback from Visa Card transfer to Mastercard

Brendan

BrendanWestern Australia

Westpac getting abit cheeky

Westpac harnessing me over less than hundred dollars overdrawn cc. Fair enough if weeks have past but a couple of days.

Yawn. Ing doesnt act like spoilt brats over a couple of days. I'll pay when I'm ready if you don't like it..

Send someone around to kneecap me Westpac. Stick your offshore call centre and personal questions where the sun dont shining.

I could fix it right now. But I'll drag my feet a couple more days because of you're demanding attitude.

Kerry k

Kerry kCentral West, NSW

Westpac discusting

Vin Lever

Vin LeverMid North Coast, NSW

Westpac good if used carefully

Have been a user and customer for 20 years and I still use selective Westpac banking products.
I recently discovered the Westpac 55+ and Retired account - they do not advertise it much but it is without charges. It is good.
I had an eSaver account but did not use it because of charges it collected - similarly with other savings accounts. I have a debit card now and do not use a Westpac linked credit cards.
Service has been good and phone responses helpful.
Useful if you use their share trading platform as accounts are listed online in Westpac overview

G. Lewis

G. LewisClovelly

ApplePay rejected

I have been with Westpac for approximately 20 years. For the most past, I have been as happy as one can be with a bank as they all offer very similar services, however, Westpac continues to withhold accepting ApplePay where the other banks have finally offered it. ApplePay is a far superior, safer and more convenient way to access your money, yet years after first being introduced Westpac refuse to offer ApplePay.

Trivial yes, but in principle no. Westpac's continued reluctance frustrates their customer, for what, to protect their own profits? It sends a clear message to their customers that this is not about what their customers want but rather what the Westpac executives want to protect.

Disappointing, bitterly disappointing.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Maureen

MaureenHobart, TAS

Contempt for customers

TopicGeneral Transactions

Most horrible bank ever couldnt care less about customers have had a much better experience in the past year with ANZ

6 years not reliable not upto date with technology also couldnt care less about helping long time member's would not recommend to anyone thieves and criminals they are disgust me

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Ross Clark

Ross ClarkPerth

The board and CEO are just thieves!!

Seany

Seany

Horrible wait times, and rediculous department transferring.

Mistakenly took on a salary packaging card through this low level bank. These clowns transferred me to 4 different departments and left me on hold for just short of an hour. (for a salary packaging card)!

Bank with them? You need your head read!

Mark K

Mark KPerth, WA

Pathetic Service

Westpac have an issue with their system which impacts you severely. Instead of them calling you back once its fixed, they say call us again later, not sure when but try a couple of times. Been on hold for an hour and they expect you to keep doing just that all day. Brian Hartzer hope you are enjoying your millions you earn as CEO, pathetic service!!!

Lilienne Nardini

Lilienne NardiniPeel, WA

Excellent Customer Service

I have been with this bank for 4 years and despite the small issues I have had, I have always had excellent customer service assistance on the phone when required. Just recently I required assistance accessing some online details, called and received great help with what I needed immediately.

Dissapointing

DissapointingWestern Australia

Total Dissapoint

been with this bank for over five years
Not reliable ,no customer fead back and huge waiing times over the phone.
Branches only do what they can,but all in all, swapping banks .

First home buyers nightmare

TopicLoan Application

Martin S.

Martin S.South East Queensland, QLD

Misleading crooks !

Nick

NickSydney, NSW

Westpac are deteriorating at a rapid rate

Have been a loyal customer for over 20 years. Now chasing up over charging of interest and being delayed multiple times by staff that just cannot resolve simple refinancing requirements. The recent media attention has just shown that they will gouge whenever possible. We will be leaving and expect that many more customers will do the same.

Wayne S.

Wayne S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Professional

Ive been with Westpac for 25 years and have found the staff at Clayton always professional and helpful and friendly, superb service from Home Finance Manager, who understood the process, and supporting the customer, great customer service from all.

Quality customer service

Best customer service Loganholme branch I was with Nyree last Friday as well as the other staff, was the best service that I had for a long time.
Loganholme staff
Joerinda A

M H.

M H.asked

I would love to know where our fantastic Westpac Branch Manager has gone. He made us believe that Westpac makes life easier but with his sudden unexplained and unmentioned-to-us absence we are left to deal with one inefficient and uncaring call centre person after another. Three months is a long time to process an application for a loan increase of less than 10% and yet here we are waiting; we haven't had a response to our latest email for over two weeks. So I have just filed a complaint and that didn't even go well! During the call the line went dead and the person didn't even call me back to finish the call - I don't know who I was speaking with, their location or how to reach them. In my view, Westpac is the worst in terms of customer service and I want to know if anyone has any recommendations on where else to take my business. I've started dealing with Mortgage House and have so far been completely impressed with how easy the process of refinancing a loan can be, the communication and customer service has been fantastic so far... Does anyone have any other suggestions?

fred f
fred f

Yes. Change banks

Brackenboy

Brackenboyasked

Where do I find the credit card reviews on this site?

micheal
micheal

under finance where it says credit cards

Trace

Traceasked

I'd like to know what happened to my car loan application...6 weeks on: & 7 phone calls later...& no-one can find that or all the paperwork I sent online? Plus Westpac just phoned me...asked a bunch of questions...then said they couldn't confirm my identity & couldn't discuss the financial issue with me. Uummmmm you phoned me, Westpac! Over it...they can shove their money! Think I'll take our home loan & investment loan out of Westpac too. Ridiculous service. Actually no there is NO service!

Get an answer from our members and Westpac representatives