Westpac Home Loans

Westpac Home Loans

Brand Manager for Westpac Home Loans? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Lisa232323
Lisa232323Sydney, NSW

Hopeless credit dept

prisky
priskySydney, NSW

New loan application - SLOWwwwwwwwww

Westpac Loan's department must be run by sloths. It has been 6 weeks since my application was submitted and I'm still waiting for it to be 100% processed and approved. If I could give 0 stars I would. For those looking to apply, walk away and apply somewhere else that will process your loan within a reasonable amount of time.

Amy
AmyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I will give minus point for Westpac home loans, the turnaround time is ridiculous slow and they have no response to my complaint, and delayed my settlement so much. it is really bad and the worst bank in the market for home loan. Never ever use Westpac no matter how low the interest rate it offers, not worth it at all

Bertilishuss
BertilishussSouth East Queensland, QLD

5 months with no real answers

Applied for a small loan (30K) for home renovations, on top of our mortgage, which is substantially below the 80% LVR
Minimal communication about the process, got a rollercoaster of answers over 5 months. Yes, no, maybe, yes, should be fine, yes, no.

The Home Finance manager dropped the loan application/process for about 2 months because they assumed someone else was in contact, only found out again because I followed up.

Looks like this is recurring problem within Westpac

You'll be Waiting Weeks!

The turnaround time for Westpac is ridiculous. We have been waiting 5 weeks for them to process our signed contract and to provide a letter of authority to commence construction. They claim to be inundated with loans but seem to be happy to take on more than they can chew. Apparently it takes 45 for them to even touch a file, which according to our broker, she has never seen any other bank do. Sadly, we found this out too late. The lowest rates don't mean the best customer service!

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Dianne K
Dianne K

Refinance nightmare- Stay Away

If I could leave no stars i would. We are already with Westpac are only refinancing to obtain 35% LVR so minimal compared to property value and have been refinancing since Mar 20. That's right we are nearly onto 12months refinancing. Absolutely disgusting.

3 months for a small loan increase / 4 settlement delays for a new investment purchase

Application Process
Mr.cool
Mr.coolPerth, WA

Bad home loan specialist and credit officer

Poor home loan specialist and very un-informative. I need to email him every time I need to get an update for my application. Lack of customer service and terrible performance.

Home Loan specialist has confirmed I should be able to apply the amount I need it and told me to close my credit card which I ended up close one of my credit card.

In return after couple of weeks without any progress update, i sent an email and he said i am not able to get the amount i need it.

So disappointing and dishonest. Now it affected my credit score because of incompetent home loan specialist.

I would not recommend Westpac.

Claire H
Claire H

Refinance nightmare - regret decision to go with Westpac

Victoria S.
Victoria S.Sydney, NSW

Carlingford Tony is the best!

Did our finance with tony, very experienced and helpful . Approved in 2 minutes with no drama! Highly recommended!

Book with tony, your finance 80% all fixed! Start with right person, end up with brilliant result!

Thank you Tony !

Pal
PalSouth East Queensland, QLD

Won't give a damn about customers

Lost trust

I just renewed my mortgage interest rate .. they offered me 2.29% for three years ... so I just ignore other banks offer and Stayed with westpack but after paperwork record shows that they renewed for only two years for 2.29%and I asked why.. I was told that they got mixed up and apologies then they are ready to change to for three years but I need to pay $ 711 for break up fees and also they can give only 2.59%for three year, reason because old offer not available at this stage... and gave some confusing calculations.. I lost all trust... feel like cheated

Joel
Joel

What a change from my previous useless bank (ME)

Akm and Nahid
Akm and NahidSydney, NSW

Outstanding Customer Service

It was an excellent experiences with Westpac Bank, Lakemba branch. Ms Christine Solomon (Home & Investment Finance Manager) has provided us extra ordinary customer services. She guided us from the initial stage to the end. She was always upfront and proactive to settle our home loans. She has responded promptly and available when needed. Westpac should proud having such a professional personnel and valuable asset on their side.

Toni
Toni

Extremely bad service and home loana

Worst bank to deal with - phoned them at least 5 times to get a better rate from 5.41% to 2.7%. Keep either hanging up or line goes dead. HOW DO YOU RAN A BUSINESS WESTPAC.....
Do not join this bank absolutely HOPELESS.

Read more reviews - page 2