2.4

Mak

MakSydney

The Worst Possible Cover you can ever get for your pet

They don't cover necessities (being a comprehensive cover). Any disease that they classify as BREADING they won't cover. Any Holiday Accommodation is not covered. If you want to cancel and they've already paid you once for a regular per visit or vaccine, they will force you to pay the full year.
Run away from it, it's not worth paying the premium

Suneil B.

Suneil B.Sydney, NSW

Absolute rip off

Please read the policy statement regarding excess. Your bill must exceed $100 every single time or they won't pay for any of it. whats the point? I'll be shopping elsewhere. It took weeks and weeks for them to look into the first claim.

Charles

CharlesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love your money but nothing in return

My experience seems to reflect that of many on this review site. Everything is either pre-existing or things that are normal preventative things that are not covered. Since when was cleaning a dog's teeth normal? Sure, I can understand how vaccinations are normal preventative but seriously I wonder what has to be the problem for insurance to cover the outlays.

Lousy value for money without doubt and I am cancelling and would not give them any stars if allowed

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Shano

ShanoSydney, NSW

I would give them a ‘0’ if I could - don’t go with them.

I have had pet insurance with Woolworths since receiving our dog (as a puppy). I have submitted a few claims. All claims refused as a pre-existing condition. Not sure how it can be pre-existing when we have had cover from day one. They also price jack premiums. Do not go with Woolworths Pet Insurance.

josh d.

josh d.Sydney, NSW

Very poor service

terrible

Robyn W

Robyn WGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Time to contact AFCA?

Received notification that they would not cover an issue due to it being pre-existing. Three years ago the same issue was covered. Surely if it was covered previously it should still be covered. Sent request to have the claim reconsidered including the reference # from when last paid. Still declined. How can something that was not pre-existing 3 years ago now be deemed as such. Will be contacting AFCA.

Stuart Davies

Stuart DaviesHunter Region, NSW

Dreadful Customer service!

Cancelled my policy but still continued to take money out of my account and refused to reimburse. Complete lack of understanding by their customer service officer . Would not recommend at all!

Claim MadeNo
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat

Don’t buy this policy if you want peace of mind.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateApril 2020

Find out how Woolworths Pet Insurance compares to other Pet Insurance

Good cover, service and claims experience

We took out pet insurance with Woolworths 5 yrs ago. From day dot they were there for us. Our first claim happened in week 3 of cover under the accident cover section. Every claim was paid timely. Even through COVID. Throughout they were good to explain what was covered and what not. They took care of things from the start till our very last claim when our dog passed away prematurely due to a tumour. Thank you Woolworths, you did a lot to help us and our fur baby. We can’t thank you enough.

Sally

SallyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

5 stars

We took out comprehensive pet insurance (with $0 excess) when our rescue pup joined our family at 8 months. Over the years we only really needed it for the occasional vet visit and routine check up benefits, which can be frustrating when the policy increases annually and you're not using it to its full potential - Fast forward 9 years and Benign Lipomas appeared and then intervertebral disc disease which eventually resulted in euthanasia. Woolworths honoured every claim over the course of our policy efficiently and without question, and showed sympathy and compassion at the loss of our beloved family member. We cannot rate them highly enough from our experience .

DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with, they increased my insurance by over $300 without telling me and this was only because i put claims in. It's a rip off and do not go with this company. I also had issues trying to get money back from 90% of my claims.

Adam

AdamSydney, NSW

Absolutely atrocious rip off merchants

Absolutely atrocious, they kept making new claims for the same medical condition on follow up visits for the same condition so I would need to pay extra excesses. Said they are part of the no gap program with Greencross but they hadn't implemented it yet, even though they advertised it. Not worth the price, changed to Pet INsurance Australia, half the price.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat

OUTSTANDING SERVICE

Twice in the last two months our Golden Retriever has had an operation and has since sadly passed away. We have had the policy 5 years. Claiming costs was extremely easy and very prompt. Payments were made in under a week with very clear settlement details. All our dealings with Woolworths Pet Insurance have been more than excellent. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Number of Pets1 pets

Pet insurance top quartile service

Recent and ongoing service very high. Portal an excellent tool portal is easy to use allows tracking of correspondence I highly recommend Woolworths pet insurance our experience has been positive

Chrisco72

Chrisco72Tweed heads

Absolute rip off

Don’t go near this bunch ! I had insurance for my 11 yr old dog , she got sick and had to have a op ! It’s been 3 weeks and they want full history of everything/ vet she’s been to since a pup !!! I’m cancelling 2 policy’s !! Absolute conn

sue

sue

Highly recommend from my experience.

I have had my dog Archie insured for four years and unfortunately this is the second time he has had to have an operation and I am thrilled with the service from Woolworths. Not only the speed of paying but updating the process, only took a couple of days from start to payment. When you have a sick dog that helps a lot.

Misa

MisaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy claim, easy to use web portal!

The web portal made it very easy to lodge my claim. The service was okay, quick and easy. Though claiming routine checks were easy. Claiming for accident is quite a struggle since it asked my VET back and fort for documents and verification.

Claim DateNovember 2019
Elisabeth L.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Don’t waste your money

Woolworths Pet Insurance ended up being a nightmare to deal with. Their communication is terrible and they only pay out on a very small amount of issues. I cancelled my policy due to being dissatisfied and I was still required to pay monthly instalments after this as I had made claims within the last 12 months OR I was provided the option to pay back the money that was paid out from claims. I paid them almost $1000 in the year to cover my dog and received $445 in claims. Got less than half my money back yet they wanted me to pay it back for cancelling. No insurance company I have ever used has been this bad. Wasted my money!

Nerissa

NerissaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely terrible insurance

No benefits paid/unable to claim any money back from them. Absolutely terrible insurance. I never received any benefit from using them. Absolute waste of money! Not worth your money. Chose another pet insurance.

Claim DateApril 2020