Listing monitored by Woolworths Pet Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (34)
    • 2-4 weeks (19)
    • 1-2 months (17)
    • 3+ months (7)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (54) · No (53)

Tim C.
Tim C.

You’d get better service using Vodafone in an elevator….

- Policy was definitely easy to set up. Claiming however, was as pleasurable as putting your dog to sleep.
- It took 4-5weeks to receive a denial response. They must be using Vodafone.
- terrible clunky customer service experiences throughout the claim.

The straw that broke the camels back: It was found upon review, that a standard ‘ear infection’ from when he was younger is a ‘pre existing’ condition. Given this, a subsequent ear infection 2 years later was denied… If he has an ear infection in 2027 this will still not be covered. P.s I hope the camel isn’t with Woolworths pet insurance.

Overall, it was honestly just a miserable, underwhelming experience.

Nick H.Woolworths Pet Insurance
George King
George KingPerth, WA

I am blessed with Woolworth Pet insurance, Thank you

Thomas R.
Thomas R.

Didn't pay out on $400 surgery

The vet recommended a clean and polish for our dog's teeth. This was a $400 operation. We didn't get a cent back from Woolworths pet insurance.
Keep in mind, we had paid thousands of dollars in premiums ($3660).

We have had one operation covered by the insurance, but it's just not worth it.

We cancelled our insurance and made a new bank account instead. Now instead of paying pet insurance, we put that money in the separate bank account for the dogs. If you can afford it, I believe that this is a much cheaper option.

Find out how Woolworths Pet Insurance compares to other Pet Insurance

The worst insurance arm I have ever come across, for many reasons

Woolworths pet insurance is expensive and the customer service and procedures are a disgrace. our pet insurance has gone up 30% each year, and I am now currently on hold for 80 minutes. Steer clear.

juju
jujuMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What a total rip off

Policy costs me $60 per month. They are totally useless....I tried to put in a claim via their portal...kept getting kicked out. Reset password to no avail. Rang them three times!! ( and put on hold for over one hour inclusive) to get ZERO help. Now after researching find out that consults are not covered. Total rip off merchants like every other f insurer out there. Don't waste your time or money. Save some per month and you will be better off.

Amanda P.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Filip S.South East Queensland, QLD

Price hike for no reason !!!

I have been with this company for nearly a decade. Never had a claim got nothing in return apart from a miserable $50 a year for vaccination program. The insurance has gone up from $900 to nearly $1700/year. Apparently i can claim up to $24000/year now instead of $12000. I never asked for such cover. Yes my dog is 12y old now however I do not need such massive claim amount and the policy can not be changed. I feel that Woolworths is just ripping customers off by charging these ridiculous premiums. My health insurance costs LESS and i am a human. $150 for a small dog a month is just ridiculous!

Hi there
My number is 0406618404.
That would be great if someone can contact me.

Vanessa A.
Vanessa A.Sydney, NSW

Good coverage, Terrible customer service

Amanda P.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Great! Would recommend to anyone!

We had to see a vet as our dog ingested a grass seed that got stuck in his through. In less than 24h of the claim, the money was deposit on our account.

Hannah N.
Hannah N.Sydney, NSW

Unreasonable and unnecessary policy

JoannaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Had to wait at least 1/2 hour to speak to a consultant

Claim Made No
Joanna

I've complained it to the insurance consultant because our conversation was recorded. And you want me to call this number to be put on hold for 30 min again?? No thanks!

still waiting
still waitingIllawarra, NSW

Absolutely terrible

It is shameful they offer a pet insurance that makes it impossible to make a claim. There is no way to access the portal, no way of speaking to a customer service operator (unless you call sales you go straight through to someone but of course the sales rep can't help..... so you go back on hold for hours with no answer!) Even on this website I'm sure I will receive a message saying call 1300 101234...and guess what this is the number that you call to wait on hold for an hour and then get hung up on. I'll be going to the ACCC.

Amanda P.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Do not bother getting this insurance! They will try to deny every claim

Kayser
KayserVictoria

Really bad customer service.

No value for money at all. Expect to be on hold for a long time with this company, then get cut off, when trying to cancel the policy. Locked out of online portal, so basically they just kept taking my money. Finally got a good customer service agent from a different department who handled my query & cancelled policy with a small refund. Overall would not recommend Woolworths Insurance.

kateWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

This company is a complete rip off.

First claim and straight away trying to get out of reimbursing me. I'm going to go to a current affair with this matter as after 5 phone calls to them all they have done is lie to me, telling me my vets haven't sent my dogs records through when they have been. I've been waiting 2 weeks to be paid now they have said I have to wait another 7 to 10 days. I'm on a pension and I need to get that money back asap. If anyone else want to jump on board with taking this to a current affair please email me on [email address removed] and maybe we can stop these people ripping us off.

kate

They won't let me put up my email so contact me on fb if you have had this happen to you.

Jonathan E.
Jonathan E.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Policy cancelled after 8 years

Recently missed 3 premium payments (around $20 each) due to a change in my credit card details for the direct debit. Then suddenly, policy cancelled and wasn't even notified of the cancellation. Policy even had a claim pending.

Called customer service (after waiting for 45 minutes) who said they couldn't reinstate the policy. Will just go through my health insurance provider next time for pet insurance.

Read more reviews - page 2

Steven S
Steven Sasked
Woolworths Pet Insurance

I have had Woolworths pet insurance for years and have been paid every cent owed to me. I did have trouble in the beginnings so I wrote to the CEO of Woolworths this was resolved and going forward no issues.

Pauline Keays

Hi Steven. My beef was the no coverage for the dental extractions and medication/pathology costs. It is a rort. I have cancelled the policy, as I am disgusted with them. Cheers. Pauline

Christine H.
Christine H.asked
Woolworths Pet Insurance

I have a nine month old pug who had contact dermatitis when she was 9-10 weeks old. If she has an irritation like that in the future would that be considered a pre existing illness? I have been told that it is common for pugs to have soft pallet issues. Would this be covered with your insurance?

Pauline Keays

Unless you already have pet insurance, I understand that it will not be covered. Read the fine print first. That's where I came unstuck. Don't expect cover for anything to do with dental. Good luck. I cancelled my pet insurance, as I am so disillusioned with it. Pauline

mitchel
mitchelasked
Woolworths Pet Insurance

My 3 year old male Maltese Shih Tzu cross is terrified and severely traumatized of thunder and even slight rumbling. Is there any way of calming him to help him get through it?

sentinel88
sentinel88

You can buy a thunder shirt from petbarn or eBay or see your vet for calming medication.

See all Woolworths Pet Insurance questions

Accidental Injury Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Tick Paralysis$1,000$1,000$1,500
Emergency Boarding Fees$500 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days$1,000 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more days$1,200 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded