• Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (17) · 1-2 months (12) · <1 week (10) · 2-4 weeks (6) · 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (24) · No (22)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Aaron P.

Aaron P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dodgy with paying out claims

Been a customer of Woolworths Pet Insurance for over 5 years and every claim has always been paid out with no issues. My dog then had a skin and eye infection that we had to take to get medications. Total vet bill was $166. However put the claim in, Woolworths decides to split up the claim in two spots and as there is a $100 excess they decided to split the claim and therefore as they have done 2 different claims and halved the amount they are not not paying anything as below $100 and I am out of pocket. $70 per month and the only thing I get reimbursed for is my council fees and the yearly vaccinations. Starting to feel this is not worth it.

Claim DateJanuary 2020

EJones

EJonesSydney Surrounds, NSW

Stay Away!!

Had my policy for 2 years and when I tried to make a claim, it was rejected. Woolworths pet insurance will find any way possible to not pay your claim!! They advised me that my claim for an ear infection for my dog is a pre existing condition because he had an ear infection 3 years ago???? This insurer is only after your money and will avoid paying your claim at all costs, so do yourself a favour and save your money.

Lin

Lin

Excellent customer service & Fast claim

My dog was diagnosed with final stage kidney failure and undergone a lot of treatment. Woolworths insurance helped us with the fast claims without any delays. It was just a peace of mind. Even after my poor little boy passed away and I had to call up to cancel the policy, the customer service team really showed the sympathy and caring and helped us to put the last claim through. I don’t usually leave any reviews but had to let people know that this is the company really help you out. Highly recommend Woolworths for sure!

Jpick

JpickSydney, NSW

Shonky, designed to avoid paying claims. Customer service is terrible, ruthless & have no compassion. Stay away.

Policy 2 years. Attempted to make a claim, and it was rejected unreasonably before even having all of the information. They didn't even bother picking up the phone to discuss.

Nancy S.

Nancy S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Struggling to get reimbursed for our single claim.

For the amount you pay its ridiculous what they put you through to get a refund!!
We have made only this claim that is under $200 for our pet dog in 2 years of being with this company only to get the run around with excuses. I even contacted my vet to email them the history, the very little he has, only to be told again they are still waiting for an email... 19 days later still not a word or update.
Absolute rubbish service especially for a first claim with no ongoing or prior related history.
If I pay my bills on time I expect you treat my claim on time!
Through experience I recommend you shop around when looking to insure your furry loved ones.
This mob do not fairly make the cut and are a fail for pet insurance.

Kristie

KristieVictoria

Disgusting service

A week before christmas they took $700 out of my account for a renewal I was not notified of. I called to have it rectified and was put on hold for 20 minutes so I asked to be called back urgently. An hour later and still no return call.

ST

STSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolute Joke

Erin W.

Erin W.South East Queensland, QLD

READ THE FINE PRINT

I took out the basic accident and illness for the "what if" moments..... It literally only covers certain ways of receiving accidental injury or illness.. and no consultation fees.... thats the biggest expense half the time... what a joke!! After paying $1000's in premiums they pay me $25 of a $300+ claim.. we will be canceling both of my two dogs policies.. RIP OFF! Save your money!

Number of Pets2 pets
Sam L

Sam LPerth, WA

Honestly, I can't fault them

Dawson

DawsonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Woolworths Pet Insurance buyer Beware!

Peter

PeterDarling Downs, QLD

Poor claims process.

It took 12 weeks to process a claim. Two out of three claims were denied as being 'not covered'. Poor communication. They promise to ring back within 5 working days but never do.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateAugust 2019

Total waste of $$

Read the PDS before buying this. You will then realise it barely covers you for anything. Youre better off putting $70 aside each week and saving for any unexpected pet expenses. Scores 0/10 from me.

Mandy44South East Queensland, QLD

What A Sham

Claim ApprovedNo

Luckily there is not negative rate here

Generally, it is a good insurance that takes you payment monthly and provides zero service. I made a claim two months ago and still waiting response from them. I only want to know my claim was accepted or rejected. Before I made this review, I tried to 'forgot password' and they even didnot give me any automotive email or response that i cant get onto my account. Of course, I made calls but no one answer. Yes, life is hard, and I found this insurance try to make it harder for you. Anyway, now i am trying to say goodbye with this insurance, good luck to those who are going to pick this insurance.

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Daniella

DaniellaAustralian Capital Territory

Hopeless,

I wish I had read these review prior in taking out insurance with Woolworth for my pet. I would not trust them and they will try wissling out of paying any claim. I had to chase them to find out what was going on it took 20 days not 5-10 days as stated. They do not care about you nor your pet. Stay right away, you'll be better off.

I'am contacting the ombudsman about this scums,

Shellie

ShellieWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Five dogs on Comprehensive with Routine Care...

I first joined Woolworths Pet Insurance for my 8 week old puppy in 2012. I have only had to make a few huge claims and they were exceptional. Loyalty pays

Number of Pets5 pets

troy w.

troy w.

"pre-existing" nonsense

we've submitted 3 invoices to Woolworths in the last week for a torn ACL. they have split the invoices into "sub-claims" without telling us how they divided them. now they are systematically denying each sub-claim, on the basis the condition was pre-existing. how do you have a pre-existing tear?

I've submitted a complaint to their reviews team, be interesting to see how they respond

Keelyt

Keelyt

Awesome!

Got this when I picked up my fur baby.
Had it for the "just in case" moments. Turns out she had chronic Liver disease after a few months of having her on the insurance and they covered EVERYTHING for us! so, SO grateful. No problems at all, they were helpful and if they ever needed more documents they would go directly to the Vet and ask. saved thousands of dollars on emergency operations, CT scans and blood works.

Can't recommend them enough.

APP

APP

Almost nothing is covered in the end

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Toni

ToniPerth

So glad someone recommended this to me

Our dog is 7 years old and we’ve always had Woolworth’s pet insurance. He’s also on a Vetwest care plan. Every claim goes through them and it’s a seamless process.
Each time we’ve made a claim it has amazed me how much we get back.
If you love your dog and are happy to pay the premium, you won’t be disappointed.