Explorer Plan, Standard Plan

• 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (12)

The pandemic is their excuse not to pay your claim

They simply declined our claim, stating that the incident we had happened during a pandemic. We had extra expenses because of an unforseen change of plans and there was nothing we could do about it. When we submitted the claim, their negative answer was justified by "it happened during a pandemic and pandemics are not covered".

Worst Insurance Provider

Took two months to provide any correspondence on claim, unable to answer emails and calls. Unable to provided decision on claim. They don't answer the phone, I left my number for a call back but they haven't, I've filled out online enquiries but they don't respond. Loads of bad reviews in the last few weeks for this insurer. STAY AWAY from world nomads

No point to the insurance, they won't help when needed. Better keep the money.

World Nohelp

Great company, as long as you don't have to face a pandemic after having bought a policy.
When you need the travel insurance, they're completely absent. When they want you to pay for your plan, they are always there for you.

Orrible Experience

dont expect them to disclose any information just trying to get your money

we organised for a policy for my son to Peru from Australia in February. We spoke to them and then bought it on line. At no time were we informed that he would not be covered for the coronavirus. There were no alerts concerning travel in Australia or Peru, no alerts at all for anywhere except China at the time so no you cant say everyone was aware of the situation and it was a known issue from 31/1/2020. If you couldn't cover him then fine but you were either accepting new insurance polices and not informing people of the coverage for coronavirus or you have retrospectively changed your coverage to avoid liability. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Scam travel insurance. Avoid at all costs.

My brother in law died thinking he had cover from these cold hearted scammers!!

Accurate facts are. ..after paying a whopping three hundred pounds , my brother in law thought he was covered for a lifetime trip with World Nomads. He was on a motorbike travelling through all these countries in South America...yet nobody here thought to ask what his mode of transport was . He could have been on a camel or a skateboard when the drunk driver hit him and we would have him home with us today. But no, they used their get out clause in the 140 pages listed of what your not really covered for to allow him to die. I will always keep posting this. His story won't be forgotten! And how you sleep at night is beyond me! Mrs Ali Peck

Scam, do not use this company

Can't access to their claiming portal, they have not given me access despite reiterated intends.
I have six pendant claims which resolution I have waited more than 4 months, they have not refunded anything.
Do not use this company or you will be in medical debt.

Jade Facey

Jade FaceySydney, NSW

Scam insurer

Scam company. The policy wording and agreement documents are misleading and should be illegal. I am making a formal complaint. This is the second time i have booked the first time i had no issue and i'm lucky because I was doing Everest. Had anything happened to me i'd probably be dead they wouldn't pay out and i now know that. The second time they refused to pay me for items lost in checked luggage despite it being locked. Travel insurance is supposed to protect you!! DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS SCAM COMPANY. They will find any way not to pay you. My items were taken from my locked bag on a Qantas flight and somehow thats not covered??

One star just because zero is not an option

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stay Away From World Nomads!

Stay Away From World Nomads!

As I can see from previous reviews I'm not alone. DON'T buy insurance with World Nomads, they don't answer the phone, I left my number for a call back but they haven't, I've filled out online enquiries but they don't respond. Loads of bad reviews in the last few weeks for this insurer. STAY AWAY from world nomads. 15 years I have been paying for insurance with them, thankfully my first need to claim is not leaving me $1000s out of pocket . Stay Away From World Nomads!

Bad choice

As they are a recommendation of Lonely Planet I purchased travel insurance for years with them, did not need it until my last trip. I had problems with my visa in Africa when crossing the border from South Africa to Namibia, so I needed to organize another mean of transportation, but they refused to pay for it.
On the same trip my brand new bag got damaged, I filled out the claim, it took a while untill they reacted, finally I got a compensation of 5 USD for it, sent them a message if it was a joke but they did not bother to reply.
Big disappointment, so I will check other insurance companies in the future.

Never allowed to file a claim - unfair!

I have used World Nomads in the past and never had a problem with them. Now that they use TripMate it appears that they are trying to get out of paying for anything. I had two cancelled flights during a seven week trip and racked up $1200 in new flights and new accomodation. When I went to begin my claim, they said I had chosen the wrong plan. According to them, I do not qualify for my own country's policy even though I followed all the information on the website. This means that nonexpat or nomad traveler could ever use World NOMAD insurance. How ironic. I would give them 0 stars if I could. I recommend this company to NO ONE!

Slow and unreliable service. Do not recommend it.

Yoav B.

Yoav B.Sydney, NSW

Complete scam

Steveh

StevehSouth East Queensland, QLD

Already recommend to anyone travellIng, so glad I had it

The staff at the emergency response are amazing, after doing ligament damage to my knee in Bali they organised everything to fly home and sort out medical stuff from home, they helped immediately and answered all of my questions and checked to see how I was. No complications yet just waiting for medical reimbursement now.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

No value for money

I purchased traveller's insurance from World Nomads and was hospitalised during my vacation. When I returned home, I obtained the extensive documentation required. I submitted my claim for reimbursement of medical expenses four months ago. Every time I contact them, I get another email saying, "We'll get back to you in ten days."

ASJ

ASJNew South Wales

Excellent experience with World Nomads

Avoid using this travel insurance...complete scam.