World Nomads Travel Insurance

Never allowed to file a claim - unfair!

I have used World Nomads in the past and never had a problem with them. Now that they use TripMate it appears that they are trying to get out of paying for anything. I had two cancelled flights during a seven week trip and racked up $1200 in new flights and new accomodation. When I went to begin my claim, they said I had chosen the wrong plan. According to them, I do not qualify for my own country's policy even though I followed all the information on the website. This means that nonexpat or nomad traveler could ever use World NOMAD insurance. How ironic. I would give them 0 stars if I could. I recommend this company to NO ONE!

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Europe
Claim MadeNo

Slow and unreliable service. Do not recommend it.

DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimMedical, Personal Liability and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateSeptember 2018
Yoav B.

Yoav B.Sydney, NSW

Complete scam

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationAustralia and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Steveh

StevehSouth East Queensland, QLD

Already recommend to anyone travellIng, so glad I had it

The staff at the emergency response are amazing, after doing ligament damage to my knee in Bali they organised everything to fly home and sort out medical stuff from home, they helped immediately and answered all of my questions and checked to see how I was. No complications yet just waiting for medical reimbursement now.

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019

No value for money

I purchased traveller's insurance from World Nomads and was hospitalised during my vacation. When I returned home, I obtained the extensive documentation required. I submitted my claim for reimbursement of medical expenses four months ago. Every time I contact them, I get another email saying, "We'll get back to you in ten days."

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim DateMay 2019

ASJ

ASJNew South Wales

Excellent experience with World Nomads

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Avoid using this travel insurance...complete scam.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationAustralia and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMay 2019

Jana Urban

Jana UrbanCasey 2913, ACT

Don’t buy this insurance.

I’ve got the highest travel insurance so I’d be covered if I miss one of my trips. Because of a flooding the buses couldn’t drive and that’s why I couldn’t take part on a whitsundays trip (sailing trip on Australias east coast) I booked. I didn’t get any money back, because “this is not a case for the insurance”.
Seriously don’t go for this insurance

DestinationAustralia
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Terrible service.

Slow at responding. Will try anything to do you out of a claim. Would avoid at all costs. I purchased extra "gadget insurance" from these guys but I might aswel not have as when i lost my drone. I know now why this company has so many good reviews from travel bloggers, because these bloggers are paid to write the reviews. Just avoid them.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim DateFebruary 2019
chinfia

chinfiaSydney

Constantly avoiding to pay out on claim

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Never heard from claims adjuster after almost 2 months

I filed a claim with this company after being mugged and sent to the hospital, and after sending them multiple emails I still have yet to receive any response for my claim. No calls, emails, nothing. I will not be using them again when I travel.

Claim DateDecember 2018

Not satisfied AT ALL

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
DestinationSouth America
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Josh

JoshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never again will I use this company - waste of time and $$

Our Qanatas flight was delayed and we missed our transfers - World nomads wouldn’t accept our claim despite advertising being covered for out of pocket expenses due to delays. Never again will I use this company - waste of time and $$

Claim MadeNo

Jde

JdeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Insurance claim-not

Lost a whole lot of stuff overseas trusting that I had insurance. Took them 2 weeks to respond saying I hadn’t notified the right authorities in time to attempt a claim. They weren’t very helpful at all. Can see where they get a bad rep from. Would not recommend.

DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property

Avoid it at all cost

Joe

JoeSydney

Phony travel insurers. Stay away for your own safety.

cha

chahobart

Appalling and unprofessional

Only once and this will be the last time. Almost 6 weeks and still no resolution to a simple claim. If I could click no stars I would. Next time I shall go with icover who were excellent for travel insurance on a previous trip

Jane

JaneDenver, CO

If anyone needs me, I’ll be emailing World Nomads. Again.

Insurance claim madeYes

Good company, a bit overpriced if you don't do adventure sports

Good company, a bit overpriced if you don't do adventure sports. If do you adventure sports while traveling, they are pretty much the best. Not sure sure why so many people complaint below, I have 2 friends I was traveling with who had to claim with World nomads and they got paid no problems. I used to use World nomads but never had to claim anything. Now I don't do adventure sports anymore so I prefer to buy my travel insurance with Safety wing, relatively new service but cheaper than World nomads. It depends what style of traveler you are.

Insurance claim madeNo