World Nomads Travel Insurance - Standard Plan

Claim DateJanuary 2019

Avoid it at all cost

Jane

JaneDenver, CO

If anyone needs me, I’ll be emailing World Nomads. Again.

Payal

SpencerBrunswick

Absolutely atrocious customer service

PaigeH

PaigeHEdmonton

Phone got stolen and they say it's not covered

Sarah T.World Nomads

They are a scam company -they owe me around $6000 and haven't paid in four months

I took their coverage for medical and emergency evacuation. I am a US citizen. I have submitted the reimbursement receipts and proof of travel. They will keep deflecting and not paying you. They are interested in your money, not in actually being there when you need them, what they CLAIM they are there for. It's a scam company. Do NOT take insurance from them. They are AWFUL and unethical. In the US they'd have a class action lawsuit against them, and I will now explore that option.

ChrisPembroke Pines

Worst Insurance company ever.

World Nomads uses Tripmate (subsidiary) to handle your claims within the U.S. Customer service has no real clue as to what the claim adjuster is doing or how long your claim will take. They will ask for necessary medical information (of which you will have to fax several times) and drag out the process of your claim for months. The customer service agents will send over expedite emails to the claims adjuster with no response. They will have you in limbo for months. They give you the impression that they have no real desire to close out your claim even when everything is verified and not pre existing. I have been waiting now for 3 months with no answers. Buyers "BEWARE"!!!!

Chris

I emailed you all my information today (June 19, 2017). I really hope you are able to resolve this issue.

!DONT! buy your trave insurance from WoldNomads!

Had my wallet stolen on a trip to Bali. I got a police report, mailed it to world nomads, but was sadly told that they policy was clear on the subject and that their wouldn't cover. I can't see the point of buying an insurance if their policy is to not cover theft of a wallet??? Completely useless.

Total rip off

Don't ever take world nomads travel insurance. I don't think my policy was of good value at all. It was a total rip off. I got my gopro stolen in Brazil but Worldnomads had all the excuses possible not to reimburse me. I'm very disatissfied with such poor service. If something happen to you and you need to put a claim through, forget about it. They will never refund you. Worst insuance provider. I would actually like to give them 0 star

E_milio

E_milioitaly

Very good Insurance

I purchased World Nomads travel insurance for my next holiday in USA. About 20 days before departure, my wife had a medical problem (pregnancy complications) and Doctor said that she was unfit to travel. Then I was forced to cancel my trip. I immediately informed World Nomads sending them all the necessary documentation. They reimbursed me in a couple of weeks . Claim procedure was very easy and clear. In my opinion World Nomads is a very serious company.
Emilio

Insurance claim madeNo

Clay Rogers

Clay RogersHALF MOON BAY

Absolute crap!

I was assured at the time of the incident that my claim would be covered. After months of going back and forth. I was denied. I'm out over $5000 for a trip I never got to go on. Was the policy a good value, I don't think so since they didn't help my at all. I guess it was very easy to set up, but that's were it ended.

Sam C

Sam CQueensland

Severely broken wrist in USA, medical costs: $35,000USD+

I severely broke my wrist in the USA after an accident. Rushed to hospital. Had x-rays, and after excruciating pain had extensive emergency surgery. It was a very stressful ordeal. Especially the financial aspect. I was grilled about my insurance because travel insurance is a foreign concept in the USA. In total it cost more than $35,000USD worth in medical costs. All taken care of by world nomads. It was tough, but they helped guide me along the way and kept in prompt contact by email due to the time zone difference and calls being often impractical. Thank you very much for being there when I needed! I would definitely use world nomads again and would recommend to my friends and family.

Leon68Perth, WA

Truly disappointing experience

Leon68

Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you. I will update this column with a response.following your further investigation. The main facts however are as described and supported with a Police Report.

Leon68

Hope to get a reply soon - the last I have heard is that the claim was being escalated. Not sure what that means as 3 weeks now without communication.

DK3

DK3Arlington

Trip Interruption - 3 months and endless circle of same requests. No refund.

I had a trip interruption the first day of my travels due to the terrorist acts in Paris last November, so I changed my flight and returned home immediately. It has been three months since I opened a claim, with endless emails and requests for the same documentation that I have provided on 4 separate occasions. It seems like they are going through a cycle of the same unnecessary requests (so they don't really have to refund me) but I don't get any responses back from their email support team. Every time I call they are currently still "investigating" - 3 months later!

Sarah T.World Nomads

Do not purchase their travel insurance

It has been over three months now and I am still waiting for my trip interruption and resumption payment to be confirmed. The whole process has been a never ending request for documentation (Even where documentation was not actually necessary for the claim, or has already been provided), agents clearly not reading my emails, unable to contact my claims manager, miss-communications and conflicting messages from their staff, and even a couple of phone calls at 10pm at night in which my claims officer derided me. Absolutely shocking behaviour from this company, I was a long time user but will not be using them again.

See all World Nomads Travel Insurance reviews