1.4

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (3)

No point to the insurance, they won't help when needed. Better keep the money.

Jade Facey

Jade FaceySydney, NSW

Scam insurer

Scam company. The policy wording and agreement documents are misleading and should be illegal. I am making a formal complaint. This is the second time i have booked the first time i had no issue and i'm lucky because I was doing Everest. Had anything happened to me i'd probably be dead they wouldn't pay out and i now know that. The second time they refused to pay me for items lost in checked luggage despite it being locked. Travel insurance is supposed to protect you!! DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS SCAM COMPANY. They will find any way not to pay you. My items were taken from my locked bag on a Qantas flight and somehow thats not covered??

One star just because zero is not an option

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Travel Insurance

Find out how World Nomads Travel Insurance - Standard Plan compares to other Travel Insurance

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stay Away From World Nomads!

Stay Away From World Nomads!

As I can see from previous reviews I'm not alone. DON'T buy insurance with World Nomads, they don't answer the phone, I left my number for a call back but they haven't, I've filled out online enquiries but they don't respond. Loads of bad reviews in the last few weeks for this insurer. STAY AWAY from world nomads. 15 years I have been paying for insurance with them, thankfully my first need to claim is not leaving me $1000s out of pocket . Stay Away From World Nomads!

Bad choice

As they are a recommendation of Lonely Planet I purchased travel insurance for years with them, did not need it until my last trip. I had problems with my visa in Africa when crossing the border from South Africa to Namibia, so I needed to organize another mean of transportation, but they refused to pay for it.
On the same trip my brand new bag got damaged, I filled out the claim, it took a while untill they reacted, finally I got a compensation of 5 USD for it, sent them a message if it was a joke but they did not bother to reply.
Big disappointment, so I will check other insurance companies in the future.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Not satisfied AT ALL

Avoid it at all cost

Jane

JaneDenver, CO

If anyone needs me, I’ll be emailing World Nomads. Again.

Payal

SpencerBrunswick

Absolutely atrocious customer service

PaigeH

PaigeHEdmonton

Phone got stolen and they say it's not covered

Sarah T.World Nomads

They are a scam company -they owe me around $6000 and haven't paid in four months

I took their coverage for medical and emergency evacuation. I am a US citizen. I have submitted the reimbursement receipts and proof of travel. They will keep deflecting and not paying you. They are interested in your money, not in actually being there when you need them, what they CLAIM they are there for. It's a scam company. Do NOT take insurance from them. They are AWFUL and unethical. In the US they'd have a class action lawsuit against them, and I will now explore that option.

ChrisPembroke Pines

Worst Insurance company ever.

World Nomads uses Tripmate (subsidiary) to handle your claims within the U.S. Customer service has no real clue as to what the claim adjuster is doing or how long your claim will take. They will ask for necessary medical information (of which you will have to fax several times) and drag out the process of your claim for months. The customer service agents will send over expedite emails to the claims adjuster with no response. They will have you in limbo for months. They give you the impression that they have no real desire to close out your claim even when everything is verified and not pre existing. I have been waiting now for 3 months with no answers. Buyers "BEWARE"!!!!

Chris

I emailed you all my information today (June 19, 2017). I really hope you are able to resolve this issue.

!DONT! buy your trave insurance from WoldNomads!

Had my wallet stolen on a trip to Bali. I got a police report, mailed it to world nomads, but was sadly told that they policy was clear on the subject and that their wouldn't cover. I can't see the point of buying an insurance if their policy is to not cover theft of a wallet??? Completely useless.

See all World Nomads Travel Insurance reviews