World Nomads Travel Insurance - Standard Plan
Part of World Nomads Travel Insurance  2.7 (284)

World Nomads Travel Insurance - Standard Plan

1.3

26 reviews · Statistics

8% · 224 · 92%

Claim Resolution Time
  • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • 1-2 months (2)
  • 3+ months (3)
Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (6)
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

World Nomads Travel Insurance › Standard Plan26 reviews
MA.A
MA.A
Melissa  M.
Melissa M.Victoria
Pedro A.
Pedro A.4 posts

They won’t pay you back

It’s been 3 months I’ve lodged my claim. I’ve called them several times and they always say they are short on staff.
My partner was sick at the same time and she’s claimed her expenses through the credit card insurance company. Although she paid a bit more for the excess, it was definitely worth it.
World Nomads Travel Insurance now owns me $650 which I have no ideia if you’ll ever see again. Show details
AJM
Bruno M.
Jade Facey
Jade FaceyNSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Scam insurer

Scam company. The policy wording and agreement documents are misleading and should be illegal. I am making a formal complaint. This is the second time i have booked the first time i had no issue and i'm lucky because I was doing Everest. Had anything happened to me i'd probably be dead they wouldn't pay out and i now know that. The second time they refused to pay me for items lost in checked luggage despite it being locked. Travel insurance is supposed to protect you!! DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS SCAM COMPANY. They will find any way not to pay you. My items were taken from my locked bag on a Qantas flight and somehow thats not covered?? Show details
Alice B.
Alice B.
Michael
MichaelVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  Standard Plan

Stay Away From World Nomads!

Stay Away From World Nomads!

As I can see from previous reviews I'm not alone. DON'T buy insurance with World Nomads, they don't answer the phone, I left my number for a call back but they haven't, I've filled out online enquiries but they don't respond. Loads of bad reviews in the last few weeks for this insurer. STAY AWAY from world nomads. 15 years I have been paying for insurance with them, thankfully my first need to claim is not leaving me $1000s out of pocket . Stay Away From World Nomads! Show details

Lorant S.
Lorant S.4 posts

Bad choice

As they are a recommendation of Lonely Planet I purchased travel insurance for years with them, did not need it until my last trip. I had problems with my visa in Africa when crossing the border from South Africa to Namibia, so I needed to organize another mean of transportation, but they refused to pay for it.
On the same trip my brand new bag got damaged, I filled out the claim, it took a while untill they reacted, finally I got a compensation of 5 USD for it, sent them a message if it was a joke but they did not bother to reply.
Big disappointment, so I will check other insurance companies in the future. Show details
George