See the Best Travel Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

John C.

John C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beware will not cover natural disaster eg Hurricanes for pre paid tickets/ hotels - stay away

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Unhappy shopper

Unhappy shopperHunter Region, NSW

Terrible customer service

Got Andrea on the phone trying to insure my teenager travelling alone. Andrea was rude and condescending and affirmed that my child was travelling alone even though she is using an unaccompanied minor service at the airport and will be delivered and collected at the airport by an adult.
A week prior, when calling that same company they told me that it was ok to insure a child but as an adult.
Very misleading information from this insurance company

Insurance Cover For:Teenager

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Meg

Meg

Easy and streamlined

I organised travel insurance within minutes on their website and when I needed to claim a phone lost overseas the claims process was also relatively easy.

Only reason the review is 4 instead of 5 is that when had my phone stolen/lost while travelling I contacted them immediately to find out what I would need to do to file successfully when I returned but didn’t get clear advice at all.

I’d suggest that if anything is lost or stolen, file a police report in the country you’re visiting as this made it so much easier when I submitted my claim. The claims person I dealt with when I returned was also very prompt and helpful.

I’d use them again without hesitation.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Doug

DougGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

DON"T USE World2Cover. Worst insurance company

World2Cover asked twice for more information/quotes. Then took 10 business days to get back to me each time. They then denied my damaged luggage claim because the policy apparently didn't cover it. I asked for an internal review before taking it to FOS. They eventually paid the claim but continued to delay as much as posible hoping that I would give up. I will never use this company again because they were finding anything and everything to deny my claim so I would go away.

DestinationAustralia
Type of ClaimOther
Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Watch out for * against luggage limit

We lost prescription glasses and only got $400 back - ($500 less excess). The luggage limit says $7,500 but in reality they determine the limit on items which will never cover replacement of the lost item.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Mina and Reneh

Mina and RenehGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible is an understatement

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJune 2019

Ben C.

Ben C.South East Queensland, QLD

Prompt claim payment with minimal fuss

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
James

James

Argumentive

Simple claim for lost item. Never had any intention of meeting claim. Claims officer was condescending in his manner. Based claim denial on an assumption made on his behalf. Refused to listen to reason or further clarifying explanation. Highly recommend avoidance of this company.

April 9th 2019 Update: Condescending

Legitimate claim denied. Claims officer was condescending. I was made to feel like a liar and a fraud. In essence did not believe a word of my claim. Save yourself the hassle, insure with someone else.

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Janx

JanxMelbourne

Terrible assistance

Claim DateAugust 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Great cover, and fats payment.

I paid for travel insurance for 6 weeks in Europe, with ski cover. When skiiing in Austria, I had a fall and ended up being air lifted to hospital, then stayed in hospital overnight. World2cover and Tokio Marine ended up paying for the helicopter flight, the stay in the hospital, and the medications I needed, totalling about AU$7200. They paid the companies direct, and were responsive with everything I asked of them. Great cover and no isses at all!

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess
Claim DateJanuary 2019

bronwyn

bronwynAU

Be careful of the rental vehicle cover and where you park the car as you may have no cover

In relation to their international travel cover please be aware that if you park your car off a public roadway, for example a driveway, motel car park and a shopping centre car park you will have no cover if the car is stolen or damaged. I noticed their policy has an exclusion saying that they do not cover "loss or damage that occurs beyond a public roadway", I emailed them for clarification & two separate emails from their staff have confirmed that cover is ONLY while the car is on a roadway, not in a driveway, or any off street car park.
So their cover for car theft is very limited, after all, the only time your vehicle CAN be stolen is when it's parked.

Insurance claim madeNo

Happy with result

I lost my iPhone travelling overseas in Malaysia. They processed my claim and the funds were in my account within the 10 day time period promised. Happy with the result.

Steve M

Steve MAU

Can't contact them on Reverse Charges Call

Had our credit cards stolen while in the USA, tried to call reverse charges , but that is no longer available, had no credit card to pay for a standard call, so we were stranded. Luck for us VISA came to the rescue and had new cards issued in 24 hours. A 24 hr help line is useless unless it is contactable.

Insurance claim madeYes

Still waiting on a claim and it’s been months

Do not use!
Worth going with a reputable company because World2Cover is so slow at getting back to you on a genuine claim... still waiting and it’s been months.

Insurance claim madeYes

Affordable and easy travel insurance

Have used this company twice and was referred to them by the Entertainment Book. Really affordable and easy to make a claim. Everything was sorted within 1 week of claiming. I’ve travelled a lot and never had to claim in the past. Will be using them again!

Sevo

SevoNorth-East, TAS

Still waiting on genuine claim

Still waiting 1 month after genuine claim for Qantas flight cancellations and the costs involved. This is the first time we have used World2Cover and only the second claim we have ever had in 20 years of travel. Will wait to see if our claim is successful.

Insurance claim madeYes

Slowest claim review process ever, do not waste your time!

This insurance company is terrible. Do not waste your time.
They say they respond within 10 working days and every time they take the full 10 days minimum to respond to your claim.
Then surprise, surprise, they have more questions and yet another 10 days.. then again, now up to 2 months and I have thrown the towel in and given up. Just not worth the effort as they obviously do not like to pay out claims. Not. Large claim either.
Warning-stay away very unprofessional.
My friend used Australia Post for a similar claim and had no problems, claim solved within a week.
Shop elsewhere- you will be wasting your time with these people.