WorldRemit
Listing monitored by WorldRemit

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Cancelation takes more than 1 month!

My cancellation and refund experience with them is a joke! It is more than a month now and they said they will follow up with it and blame this and that.

Be Warned! if you want to cancel a transaction, the chance is you lost the patient of fighting for your money!

jean
jeanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware! Dont use World Remit

I sent a money transfer from Australia to Canada to help with a relative secure a house. Its been 20 days since I process the payment from my bank and still waiting for them to send to recipient. Its a material amount of money and can understand if they require further documents to support the source of funds which I am able to provide but they have never taken action until I lodged a complaint with Financial Ombudsman. This company is bogus and holding onto my money for a long time is illegal. This was my first to use World Remit and never again! So im writing this review to warn would be customers not to deal with this company! I hope to have their license cancelled.

Glenn C.
Glenn C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible company to remit

I have used World remit for a year, when they suddenly asked for personal financial details, such as bank account records, despite never using a bank account with them. They asked for pay slipe, passport copy etc. When i said i would not submit those details and wanted my money returned they indicated i would not get it unlss i submitted the details they requested. This is very suspicious, they said they had an international regulatory body that had asked for them.

TED
TEDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst service ever

Dale
DaleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Business is flawed.

Transfer never made it. Took 10 days and +10 calls to get the money back. Each time your talking to someone different who takes 10 minutes to work out whats going on. Then my account was cancelled with no explanation. Friendly customer service. Horrible business.

Rates and Fees

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Sd Leo
Sd LeoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

They keep lying about emailing me when they are done for more than four weeks. Poor customer service. They muted my call

Worldremit blocked my account five weeks ago because I sent money to my family for a building project. They requested my bank statements & my relationship with the recipients, I provided all that they asked. They stated that they "will send an email" when they are done. I called them today, they muted my call. I have been using their service for close to six years now. I am yet to receive an update for over four weeks now. I called them today and they muted my call. How unprofessional, Worldremit

Kim G.
Kim G.Perth, WA

Expensive fees.. Lousy customer service.

After being a customer of nearly 10years & paying their high fees due to convenience of collection, account was cancelled for no reason. Terrible customer service as well. Do not use.

Nez
NezMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Funds disappeared with no trace on the WorldRemit app. THIEF!

REFUND TAKING SO LONG

Have used Worldremit for a 8 years until this happened. Money deducted on my bank account and the recipient did not receive it. Talked to the virtual chat until I got a case number and they stated it was forwarded to the finance department. 21 days after, still no refund. I have been patient with calling their customer service and chatting with virtual agents. So disappointing! and now reading the last few comments that it has been happening. What is worldremit doing to our hard-earned money?? Just REFUND the money back in my bank account!

SGS
SGS

Refund for cancelled transaction

This is the worst money transfer service I have come across so far. They used to be good and very efficient but now they are just a shadow of their former self, they don't deserve even one star. I am still waiting for my refund for a cancelled transaction 3 weeks after the fact. They keep saying they have processed the refund and for me to check with my bank. My bank has no record of such a transaction in the system. Best to keep away from such trouble.

Mohammed
MohammedSydney, NSW

Unsuccessful money transfer

I had filled all the details as required and transferred money. My money went out of my account and it shows on world remit app that it’s processing. The next day they asked me to submit my ID details which I did. On the page of the app it show “transaction complete” but when you click in there then it shows processing only. I went online chat 4times they all tell me the same thing not virtual though but nothing happened, now midday Monday I have asked them to cancel and return my money. Most pathetic horrible experience I have come across to banking sector. I wouldn’t recommend anyone else. If it takes this long and I can’t help some who is desperately need money is very sad

Unsatisfied customer
Unsatisfied customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

World remit not contactable

I was transacting money to Kenya but it was not successful. I have money pending in my account for four days now. I was not able to complete this transaction but money was debited from my account. I've attempted to contact world remit in vain. There line keeps redirecting you to online FAQ. Their virtual assistant is no use to clients and their have no staff online to chat with. How do I solve my problem if I can't get hold of anyone in this service. It's very frustrating. My money is pending and the bank cannot do anything unless it's cleared by world remit. I need a solution please WR. I've been your customer for more than 6 years and this is
very disheartening.

The Gadget Guys - SA
The Gadget Guys - SASouthern and Hills, SA

I was a happy customer. Not anymore!

Satisfied Customer
Satisfied CustomerSydney, NSW

Unsatisfactory Customer Service

I have been using World Remit for about 2 years to satisfactorily transfer money to Cameroon and Zambia. Initially, when I needed to phone their Help number in Australia, I never needed to wait more than a few minutes. Recently in 2021, the waiting time has been endless and their call - back service never responds! If some failure in the transfer occurs, how do I contact them!

Samuka K.
Samuka K.Perth, WA

Lost my money and they do not seem to find a solution

I did a transaction to Guinea, I was told the money has been delivered to the recipient but she did not receive the money. She was told the service was down and to come back later. I contact WorldRemit about this so many times over the past 4 months and they cannot seem to resolve this. I will not trust them with my money.

Read more reviews - page 2

Rodders
Roddersasked

Why does my transfer says waiting authorization?

Bounty R.
Bounty R.asked

After failing to resolve an issue with a Worldremit on the phone, she hanged up on me and immediately sent me an email service telling me that the Worldremit email will no longer be available to me, neither are they picking up my calls.
They had written to me assuring me of correcting big error made in making multiple unauthorized transfers.
How does one contact Worldremit if even their Live chat is permanently unavailable?

Erika Joyce F.
Erika Joyce F.asked

Hello, I have this concern. My friend has supposed to send me a money worthing 5,300 pesos but he accidentally send it to a 10 digit gcash number (gcash number is always 11 digits) the last number is missing. Can we please apply for a refund on this? I have received a message saying that it has been transferred but the money is nowhere to be found as the money wallet number is misleading 1 digit, there is no way that it could be send to someone. Can we please have your actions on this matter it's not a small amount of money.

Get an answer from our members and WorldRemit representatives

Other Money Transfer Services