• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

KatyaSydney, NSW

Unprofessional bad service. WR doesn't talk to local partners and has minimum visibility on transaction

Siobhan L.

Siobhan L.Canberra 2600, ACT

Terrible terrible terrible

Ignored emails for up to three weeks and flat out just didn't respond to other emails. They kept me in 'verifying ID' status for a week (supposed to be 48 hours) for me to find out they were never able to verify me because I was using the wrong country's passport. They didnt tell me that, just kept me in 'verifying id' mode and still took the money from my account. I ended up cancelling the transaction in early January 2020, and am still trying to locate my money. I would rather nail my tongue to a table every morning than deal with this company.

AlejandraSouth East Queensland, QLD

I'll never again use your dodgy service.

I transferred from Australia to America and after 8 business days the transaction hasn't been done. They say it's 1-3 business days, not true. 4 days ago I requested a cancellation and the transaction hasn't been canceled yet. I just hope I'm not scammed. I'll never use your service again and I'll post as many bad reviews as I can.. you don't deserve to be in business. People send money overseas because we have a need and you don't take it seriously

Spam company

Transaction 55642991. Poor product without any security whatsoever (phone validation, account recovery).
Worst customer support I ever dealt with. If you have any problem or request, they will send automatic replies requesting nonsense information.

JonezVictoria

Delays.. Documents supplied still no response.

I initiated a transfer of funds last week. The funds were urgent. I have used WorldRemit before but smaller amounts. I send a slightly bigger amount and the delay and questions kept on coming. I submitted the confidential documents and information requested. There is zero response. The chat experts say I will get a response BUT nothing is happening. I worry that this transfer could just go down the drain. If my funds were to be refunded today they maybe worthless due to the current rate fluctuations! I budgeted on last weeks Au$ to USD rate..!

Jonez

Thank you World Remit representatives. The funds were transferred at the rate I initiated.

WorldRemit Q.WorldRemit

Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved!

Kind regards,

Stealing from Excel Children's Care Bukenya - Day 22 and still not honoured

Irene

IrenePerth, WA

Worst service, esp in Uganda. No cooperation from the company

Transfer made to Uganda. Kerp on saying technical issues from the local agent. Refund took 7 working days leaving my family without the money. Agents on site were not helping

WorldRemit Q.WorldRemit

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. Please, if this is still ongoing, update your review using your customer number so that we can identify your account and assist you promptly. Kind regards, WorldRemit

Terrible and worse service for refunds

Initiated a transaction . It was declined. Told my bank didn’t match my account(perplexing!!! My name is same). Spoke to customer service and they have absolutely no idea how to deal with situation. They use scripted message to blame your bank. If you can debit money automatically, why can’t you refund automatically?

Do we have to take your team to the ombudsman or AFCA?

Now waiting for refunds and given scripted messages. Think before you use them. If I can have a negative review, I would have give them.

Kemi
Kemi

WR2899120. Hope you return funds today .

WorldRemit Q.WorldRemit

Hi Kemi, thanks for confirming your customer number. We have escalated your case to the relevant team. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Disgusted customer.

Disgusting service. Have used it for while and i must say avoid it. Was sending money to my son going back to school ten hours later no money. Back to old and trusted western union.

John C.

John C.Sydney, NSW

Don't waste your time!

Rude and arrogant staff.
They really do not want your businesses. I have used multiple other remittance companies and this is the worst by far!!!!!
It took me nearly 1 hour to speak with a supervisor. They keep refusing to put you through. Only persistence gets you there but still, they do not care about the customers... Don't waste your time!
And if you cancel, you can expect a long wait to get your money back...Quick to take your money but slow to return it...

Eldhose

EldhoseGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pathetic, DO NOT USE

The rates are the poorest.Customer service doesnt know what they are talking about, each person says different things. Goodluck if you are waiting for refund as it may take up to 4 weeks

VigneshGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Funds never transferred as Promised correctly

Will I still be credited

Money was sent to me by a friend to my account but the name she input isn’t the same name on my account but the names and every other thing are correct it shows processing over 48hours now will I still be credited?

Michael
Michael

She sent a message and no reply from you guys

NormSouth East Queensland, QLD

Account Disabled - No explanation

I am extremely disappointed in World Remit whereby they cancelled my transaction and closed my account without giving any reason despite multiple requests. I only signed up with this organisation because I was advised that the service and rates were better than Western Union. However I have been using Western Union for many years, transferring money every month for family support and never had any issues.

Worst: Most Unreliable Application

Njeri

NjeriSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible service

Invasion of privacy wanting to know what my occupation is and where I got the money am sending from and worse asking for my bank statement. Rude from manager too. Called a million times to cancel my transaction and it still not canceled. When I asked staff what is pending she said she couldn’t tell me and I can’t speak to the so called review team. No timeline could be given they said they are dealing with other transactions. Very disappointed. I wouldn’t recommend them at all. This is supposedly Australia but the correspondent was from England but I can swear it from Asia somewhere.

Nathan O.Northern Region, NSW

Not happy, account disabled

Blocked my account, no reason given. Can not send to my partner. Referral credit not paid out. Hundreds of transfers on western union this never happened. I send every week to my partner, yet i'm treated like this?

Nathan O.

I called you already, same useless response. I want the exact answer and what you owe me paid. As per my emails and phone conversation. I have changed your rating to a 0 as your responses are a joke.

Nathan O.

Still giving useless scripted responses.

Noeeeee

NoeeeeeSydney

Idiot customer service rep.

Pray that you don't ever need to contact the customer service. I tried calling them because my transaction was delayed by over one day which is unusual, but the lady who to my despair picked up, is an absolute moron. I had to hang up cos the fool was just annoying. I would normally use other transfer agents but I started using worldremit because it was cheaper, now I have to go back to using other agents, maybe a bit pricey, but at this point, worth every cent.

Henry GeorgeSydney, NSW