WorldRemit

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Geoff

Geoff

VERY poor, can't speak to anyone, no response to emails

Taken over 2 weeks and still no money, haven't replied to emails and its impossible to call them. VERY disappointing. I have used them in the past for small amounts (around 1,000 GBP and used for a large amount 20GBP and money has been with them for 2 weeks. No response to emails.

Has worked for cash pick up only

For the past 3 years i have ben sending money to South Amerca using the 'cash pick up' service afiliated to approved agencies by legit banks .. no dramas , got a quick confirmation and best forex rates than the ones offered by banks through a swift transfer. But I dont think the app is reliable when making a direct transfer to a bank account overseas hence the many bad reviews for that service..pity this is the time when it is needed the most !

Mimmy

MimmyIllawarra, NSW

Poor customer service

Had a problem with my transaction where money was deducted from my account and I did not receive a transaction number, when I rang the Australian customer service line, the first phone call I was given wrong information, second phone call the lady I spoke to was rude, over talking me not giving me time to explain myself. Poor service Am still waiting for my case to be resolved VERY DISAPPOINTED

matt

mattSydney, NSW

Go elsewhere

Hi. Not sure if scam but certainly dont recommend. I did 3 xfers through them and 1 was ok and took 2 days, ($1000 AUD) arrived finally, one other took 3 days and about 3 phones calls and three emails all asking same compliance questions repeatedly. Last one is still missing after 3 days and again multiple emails and calls to chase up and to date 4/2/21 still no word and support cannot help. To reverse the transaction they say will take 7 days. Absolute rubbish and closing my account soonest.
Go elsewhere if you can.
Matt

Scam scam scam

Hey guyz, I been reading lots of reviews about their scam on 29 January 2021 I made a transfer of 1000 nzd and the money deducted from my account and they never created a transfer as I was waiting for notification however I have told them to make a transfer or refund my money but they are fraud still keeping my money.
I based in nz so anyone in aussie does make a complaint for these guyz through gov. Agencies does it helped? Let me konw however I gonna complaint in nz if they wont refund me even I been recording their calls so that could help further.

Yadu

YaduPerth, WA

This is a scam, never use this trap

I made a transaction 5 days before, and still its not received. They keep telling me its under review.So I cancelled my tranbsaction and they informed my it will take 7 working days. This is a terrible service, never use this crap.

Rates and Fees

Useless app and very poor customer service

The worst customer care ever , no contact number and usually takes month to reply . use other app in market this is the most useless service ever. DNT SEND MONEY THTU THIS APP !!!!!

Poor service

I done transaction and keep sending emails and calling for refund . But they are keeping my money . Untrustworthy for money . Still waiting for refund . Very disappointed with service not happy with service

Gurpreet S.

Gurpreet S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very bad service

Never ever use world remit. Terrible Terrible service. I have stressing because i sent money through them. I have really bad experience with them. They have really really bad service

Babatunde Friday O.

Babatunde Friday O.Western Australia

Reap off company

Worldremit will double charge you for one transaction and giving excuses or offering you promo voucher to make you come back using them again, such a reap off and putting people in hardship.

Stolen

Hi,
I tried to transfer money through world remit in June last year 2020 they didn’t send it to the receiver then I asked them to return my money back they are making excuses every time I ring they comes with something new and when I ask that I need to talk to manager then there is no senior person who can talk such a crap it’s not $200 or $500,
It’s $5000 and now it’s jan 2021 still haven’t got my money back I asked them to send my money back cause the account has been closed and they asked me for an alternative account but as I said it’s been 6 months now, be careful do not use world remit.
This is the proof that I am sending you guys
Mubashir

Raine G.

Raine G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't Use World Remit

Remitly is way better,cordial and obliging, smooth and informative, efficient. World Remit treat u like u are a money laundering criminal, holding up,canceling transfers without notice,always making problems.Don't use is my advice.

Annet

AnnetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exchange Rate is too low

I had been a loyal customer for over two years; I always use it duo to it being reliable at the time of need. But after a simple google search, I found out that their rate exchange is so so low, even the "Premium rate" compare to other providers. Money gram is good when sending to mobile money and transferwise is the best when sending directly to the bank account: Please shop around before deciding any dollar will save people in need. Thank You.

Rossi

RossiSydney, NSW

Worse experience ever with Worldremit service and poor cuatomer service skills of people representing the company.

I used this service for several years. Used to be good and fast. However in the last year all transactiins had a nighmare to tell amd headaches and chasing ups fir more than 48hrs a transactiin should have been paid in minutes. The worse experuence with incopetent and unproffesional customer service and dealing with the matter and trying to find out what happened to the money and why has not been processed after 24 or 48 hrs.NO mentioning the unproffesional way the rep deals with the case and calls to follow up. Really dissapointed with this service.

Haseeb R.

Haseeb R.Sydney, NSW

They are Online Scammers

I wish I could give them minus stars. They failed to transfer within stipulated timeframe, wrong claims, misleading info provided time and again by their phone/chat agents. I eventually asked to cancel the transfer and they once again failed to do it within promised time and still waiting for cancellation/refund despite of repeated follow ups.

They are running an online scam company. Save yourself and take your business elsewhere if you don't want headache and stress.

Alan B

Alan BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Reliable and trustworthy

We have been using World Remit to send money to the Philippines and Bolivia since January 2019 and have been very happy with their service. Others may have slightly better transfer rates but at least with World Remit I am confident the money will arrive safely.

Ali L.

Ali L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Extremely Disappointed. Funds deducted from my account but never received by recipient

I sent some fund from New Zealand to Dubai (bank transfer).. They mentioned 2 days, its been 2 weeks.. Recipient has not received money in his account and WorldRemit says they've paid.. So my funds perhaps disappeared in the thin air? No tracking? No responsibility? No ownership?

P.S. I have provided the support team with recipient's updated bank statement to show that there's been no funds transferred in that account. No results so far. Extremely disappointed.

Veeeeeeery disappointed

Veeeery disappointed! And angry infact !
Sent mobile money via these guyz yesterday,, upto today NOTHING has happened neither is anything happening. Where is my little money?
The recipients{ KIDS} slept hungry .
Tried reaching them and there’s no help other than asking me what else they could do for me !
Been their customer several years and was happy but today , got me really upset .Could have rated them as ZERO . Embarrassing me to the recipient.

Lokesh G.

Lokesh G.Sydney, NSW

Pathetic service Never use it

Such a bad experience, I tried to transfer to India a big amount. My local bank says the amount is debited, I need to ring them every now and then to check what is happening with my transfer as I had not received the money on another side. So bad with service and finally they had to refund and not offer a transfer

Unconscionable Conduct Worldremit

Tanjeet

Tanjeet asked

I send money on 16 of feb. The transaction is not shown in activity in my worldremit app and didn't receive any message from worldremit successfully done or not. Money is also pending in my bank account

Aanuoluwapo O.
Aanuoluwapo O.

Experiencing the same problem. Money was sent last week which was successful and I'm yet to receive it.

Francis N.
Francis N.

Did you guys get help?have the same problem. Money deducted from my bank account but nothing reflected on the app and neither have I received any text nor email.

brayton1

brayton1asked

Hi there i sent money from Germany to Kenya and I keep seeing waiting authorization on my page and I even had to upload my ID on it I received an email it’s verified.my bank account shows money has been transferred to WorldRemit but in Kenya there is no amount received or sms on the phone..why is this happening I have been using WorldRemit always and now I am not okay with this service please explain further what’s happening.

Johan P.

Johan P.asked

I need to send 200 AUD to Call Australia Home, and tried it using WorldRemit, but I am limited to 409 AUD. Is there a way to send it all in one transaction or can I send 400AUD five times? Will it be allowed?

Get an answer from our members and WorldRemit representatives

Other Money Transfer Services