Wotif

Wotif

Listing monitored by Wotif

• Trip Completed Yes (83) · No (221)
  • Ease of Booking

Adibabi
AdibabiWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

SYSTEM MODEL IS FAULTY

Voucher never received

I don’t understand how Wotif are still operating.
The numbers listed within Australia are disconnected.
The email addresses to contact bounce back.
Eg rooms@wotif.com comes back as undeliverable
Facebook chat doesn’t respond.
Instagram chat doesn’t respond
I just got through on a 1800 complaints line..
I spoke to a young girl in the Philippines and could literally hear roosters in the background.
She admitted she is trained to tell people the specialised team will call and that it probably won’t happen. I’m beyond appalled

Worst company I have ever dealt

Accepted our booking then cancelled it with no reason. This was during Xmas and they could not find us any alternative accommodation leaving us with no where to stay.

Poor communication and when they did call we could not understand them. They have not responded to any emails since.

Pakenham T.
Pakenham T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If I could go lower in my star rating I would. Don't go near wotif or expedia. They are shockingly bad!!

Bradley
BradleySouth East Queensland, QLD

A joke of a business,

Please do not even log into the site, quick to take your money and a joke to even look at changing a booking, a customer service disgrace. First and last time that I will ever log on the site.

Never Book Through Wotif

I booked through wotif and the Victoria called a lock down so I couldn't come go. The hotel said I could have a full refund but wotif would only give one night back. My recommendation is never book through Wotif. Always go through the hotel. You will get a better deal and only have to deal with one lot of bureaucracy. Visa have an agreement with travel sites that : Under Visa scheme rules, we cannot dispute the amount charged from Travel and Entertainment merchants.

Terrible experience

Bad experience with wotif.com. disappointed. not recommend wotif.com

Bad experience booking with wotif.com. I booked the hotel for 7 days over $1800. I got a covid positive. Want to cancel my booking. They would not give me refund money back. Virtual agent is not very useful, not giving you option or helping us much. Then talked supervisor, he lied to us about the hotel policy. Because I called to the hotel direct. They said it's wotif policy. The hotel didn't get my money. Wotif.com is held my money n not give me money back. I am very disappointed. I would not recommend wotif.com to anyone else. Non refundable and Non changeable policy is so wrong

terry moloney
terry moloneyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No Stay

I booked Tranquility Cottages in Ballarat for weekend of 10 and 11th of December. At arriving at the site, the occupants said they had not been open for two years! Having contacted Wotif awaiting the refund!

Loop
LoopCanberra Central 2601, ACT

WOT everyone else is saying…terrible terrible people

Just cannot contact

Tried to cancel website was not working NOW I get no refund thanks WOTIF NEVER again and now you want 30 words at least to leave a bad review bad and nad bad. Hows that !!!!!!!!

Yasin
YasinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst company ever - Itinerary #72201350184490

This company is a complete mess and disgrace to any holiday makers in the world!

My first and last experience ever! I wanted to delay my check in for 2 days and i was told they needed to contact the accommodation and an outcome will be concluded in 10 business days. After several calls, and 3 weeks later, they never contacted the hotel and the cut-off date was passed. They refused to give me a full refund, and charge me a further $500 for a lesser stay. WTH?

Disgraceful!!!

Find out how Wotif compares to other Booking Services

If i could give zero stars i would, terrible, just stay away

I was refunded by a hotel that would not allow me to check in and the staff at mantra Parramatta were very reasonable about it. However after a dozen calls and emails wotif kept telling me that it was the hotel who had the funds which I have since found out is not correct. Wotif have closed my case and I have no options to get my refund even though it was approved by mantra. Happy to post my booking details if I see a reply to this. Shame on you wotif, you should treat your customers better than this
Brendan rice

Oh No! A disaster!

Wotif website says that you have 24hrs to edit your feedback. But then you never see your feedback again. Online chat advisor was rude and stated several times I should talk to the hotel instead. Wait? What? Who owns the website?

Malcolmc
MalcolmcGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

misleading pricing

Alanasked

I have reserved accommodation for 16-22 December. The Wotif system required a deposit, the amount of which was not declared prior to taking payment. I took a chance (foolishly in hindsight) and found the deposit was not the usual first nights accommodation but almost of third of the total charges). I now have conflicting emails: one from Wotif indicating balance due on check-in or check-out; the second email from VRBO host requiring balance by 18 November. This is obscene on at least three counts: a deposit that is more a part payment than a deposit; want of prior advice of the deposit amount; thirdly, the conflict. Obviously I have no intention of paying any more until at least check-in. Wotif chat only provided me with telephone contact numbers, the first of which was disconnected and then a number which corresponded to the 1800 help number which only dead-ends my calls. Anyone else have this problem? I am unable to find any contact number that gets me to a human, or any email address which responds.

Michelle
Michelle

The only contact I have been able to get is through their live chat which is equally unhelpful. You get some person in india who's job it is to lie to you and tell you and email be coming from their back of house. This email arrives 2 days later thanking you for your call and advising you that your problem has been fixed - which it never is. I now know this is an offshore company who does not play by Australian rules. You can't even get a tax invoice as they are not registered for GST. It seems you are learning the same lesson I did - they gave me two phone numbers on the chat both of which I rang while I was on there and they were both dead end numbers so they obviously give these out on purpose. When I questioned this I was told it must be a 'system error' and to try again later. I've tried numerous times with the same result. I'm sorry but I think they are a dodgy operator who is happy to take a lot of money from people with no responsibility afterwards. They should be illegal

Alan

Update. Someone genius from Wotif thought it was an answer to my query to telephone me at 12:01am last night and... terminate the call before I could answer from my sleep. They then had the gall to send an email (at 12:03am) telling me of their efforts and that their call went unanswered. Obviously I replied to the email advising that they not start their mischief with me and telephone during daylight in Australia and to keep trying until I answer. On the upside, found a VRBO support number that a human could be encouraged to answer. They are going to "follow it up and send it to the [appropriate] team". We shall see... At least I now have a VRBO case number and an email address (from the support agent). This doesn't however let Wotif off the hook for their failures.

Susan M.
Susan M.

Hello, did you get a response? Did you get an actual personal email address from them?

Steve B
Steve Basked

We are in a similar position with airfares to the UK. Has anyone looked at filing a class action with a law firm?

John J.
John J.asked

Can someone please tell me what has happened to this Company and what to do. I was promised refund of hotel accommodation costs which I fully prepaid, and I cancelled mid July 2021 which was 1 month before arrival dates, within hotel cancellation policy. Even received refund receipt number from Wotif. BUT NEVER RECEIVED REFUND. Any suggestions?

Get an answer from our members and Wotif representatives