Wotif

Wotif

• Trip Completed Yes (57) · No (135)
  • Ease of Booking

Pathetic service

Wotif is not able to get our ticket booked for the flight credit we received neither the refund. Very poor knowledge people have there also the pathetic customer service.

Again and again every wotif person is giving us different theory.First they book our flight and then we get confirmation its cancelled. Can someone please provide me the contact if their higher authority?

Itenary number: 7512075667739

Booking TypeAccommodation and Flights
Rebekah

RebekahCanberra Central 2601, ACT

After 15 years I am jumping ship. Terrible now

This company is now very far from the origins and principles upon which it was founded. It is in bed with a number of dodgy partners ( ieHotelBeds) none of whom Are meritorious and trying to get some kind of restitution when things go wrong i.e. can’t get your money back is so time-consuming that I have given up. Avoid this company at all costs. The price gouging is also extreme when you actually ring the hotel and compare rates. Rebekah

Brigid

BrigidMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What did I do before Wotif arrived

I book approximately 50 hotel trips a year. I have always found the best price and the most convenient service through Wotif. I know other platforms exist, just cannot fault Wotif.

Tom Langley

Tom LangleyNorthcote, Victoria

Terrible customer service

Have spent over 2 hours to try and change a hotel booking. Still hasn't been done. App keeps dropping out and having to start the whole process from the start.

Booking TypeAccommodation

Absolutely terrible. Ripped us off and stole our money

We paid $400 to add buffet breakfast, after arriving to our hotel they said there was no buffet breakfast on the booking through Wotif. We spent hours on the phone with wotif to rectif and we were repeatedly told by wotif "We cant help you". No refund they took our money and hung up on us.

Unfair/Poor Customer Service for Covid

Circumstances changed due to Covid Travel restrictions. Hotel willing to help and offered flexibility but Wotif gave no options or flexibility and required us to cancel with no refund or credit offered.
Poor commercial practices Wotif where most other businesses have shown fairness and flexibility. DO NOT use WOTIF and book directly with hotel instead!

Overpriced and ill-equipped

Cancelled my entire flight back home, overcharged me for shuttle service, and unable to offer a refund for 8-12 weeks. Will not be using them again. My shuttle would have only cost $10 each way, but Wotif charged me nearly $32. Instead of refunding me for part of a flight which was cancelled, Wotif cancelled all flights, and issued a refund which will take between 8-12 weeks to return to me (this put me in a real financial bind). I will not be using them again to book for anything.

Booking TypeAccommodation and Flights
John Scott

John ScottPerth, WA

Terrible Service.. Avoid at all costs!!!!!!!

Made a booking with Wotif for last Wednesday the 23rd of December. And had to cancel the booking on the same day. Rang Wotif and they cancelled the booking. 48 hours they told me and assured me that my refund would take to hit my bank account. 1 week on and after countless calls to them, I am still waiting for my refund. They keep saying the same thing and that is, that they have processed my refund and now my bank is withholding it, which is utter rubbish. I have found them to be unhelpful, misleading and a company that I would never do business with again

Booking TypeAccommodation

Bad experience. Did not do as requested. Zero understanding.

In the recent covid changes in NSW we had to rush back to Victoria. I had booked accomadation for a Monday when we planned on leaving, but when we got the news we packed up, booked a new hotel and then attempted to cancel the previously booked one.

Although wotif said they would contact the hotel and cancel with an email confirmation for me this never occurred and then I was charged full price. Once I contacted them a week later, apparently I should have attempted to cancel earlier?!?

Horrible service, app is terrible and not use friendly also.

Horrible Experience

A complex booking system and their app spat out the wrong dates. They would’t refund my money for 7-10 days and said they wouldn’t start the process for 48 hours

Hopeless customer service

Neale M.

Neale M.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Hidden Cancellation Policies

Jeanie C.

Jeanie C.South East Queensland, QLD

Booking Glitch

Booking TypeAccommodation

Will not use again - do not recommend.

Kevin

KevinCanberra 2600, ACT

Wont honor refund

I booked a hotel on Kangaroo then cancelled as the ferry was booked out. The cancellation was within 15 minutes and was also agreed to by the vedor of the hotel
Wotif have failed to honor a refund..all this is via some automted 'chat' online service..how do you even get a person to person phone call????

Narelle Sneddon

Narelle SneddonSouth Australia

Discussed with wotif

I would not recommend wotif at all when it comes to booking flights I’m entitled to credits and or a full refund due to COVID 19 they refunded my hotel and told me the 6 flights I will get a credit which was then placed as individual credits on each child it’s a joke and I’m still fighting for my refund I’m looking to loose $2100 as we will never get the chance to take the trip or use the tickets again I’m so disappointed in WOTIF I spent hours at a time on the phone crying

Booking TypeAccommodation, Car Hire, Flights and Tour

Don't do it!

They are the worst. They have taken my money but not given us the booking. We phoned them and they didn't care at all that we were stuck in the gold coast with no accommodation. We wanted our money back and they said that we need to go through the bank. We had to drive all the way back to the sunshine coast because we had no where to stay. It was devastating. The worst part is, this has happened before through wotif with our first booking and we spent nearly a month trying to get our money back. Never again and we can't encourage people enough to avoid making the same mistake we did. Try calling the hotel directly and making a booking instead or use another booking platform.

Kathy H.

Kathy H.Mid North Coast, NSW

Ripped Off

We made a hotel booking in Brisbane but due to Covid 19 and the Qld borders being closed we were issued with a rebook voucher. We rebooked the same hotel (free cancellation) using the rebook voucher in July to then find out that they were closing the borders a second time before our booking date. This caused us to cancel a second time. Wotif will not reinstate the rebook voucher saying it's single use only so they have just made off with $520. Will never use Wotif again

Arshi K.

Arshi K.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not to be trusted

My flight booked on 13 March 2020 with Thai airlines was cancelled due to COVID-19 and I was promised to be refunded in 6 weeks time They keep saying your application is in process and finally they said to go to Thai airlines for refund. I made number of calls but they keep giving false hopes but did nothing. Very unethical approach

Booking TypeFlights
Dylan P.

Dylan P.Perth, WA

Just Awful

Booked a hotel last minute and was given a number to check in. No one answered. They keep promising they’ll look into issuing a refund but never get back to me. Wotif your company actually respected its customers? You might have better reviews for a start. They own Expedia too so avoid that company too.