Xe Money Transfer

Xe Money Transfer

Brand Manager for Xe Money Transfer? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Took too long unnecessary delay

Philip C.
Philip C.Tasmania

Sending money to Mozambique takes for ever

I live in Australia and want to send money for a computer to my friend in Mozambique.
This process is supposed to take 1 to 4 day max...but 7 working days later, still no money for the poor little fellow. He needs money for food and to pay bills. Why the delay?

Champagne E.
Champagne E.

Suprised how quick it was

I set up my account on Saturday and arranged a transfer. I received an email to advise it will be actioned on Monday. 8am Monday I recieved an email to say Xe have recieved the funds. An hour later I received an email to say the funds have cleared and it's been deposited into my AU account. By lunchtime the funds had cleared into my Australian bank account. It was so easy.

murray
murrayHunter Region, NSW

Unstable website and app - nearly impossible to make a transfer

These people are just hopeless. Their website and app are unstable, meaning that it's almost impossible to complete a transaction. You end up on the phone for hours. Their compliance team also takes an imperious view and clearly lacks any kind of commercial or life experience.
Go anywhere but to XE!

ChrisG
ChrisGSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute shambles

Sent AUD to exchange into USD and further be sent to an USA brokerage. More than 10 days, nothing happened, nobody knows where the money is. Customer Service useless, non-existing.
Because didn't know where the money is, I did cancel a further EUR to USD. even though they acknowledge cancelation, still sending me reminders take a look at their statement. Crazy, they don't have a clue od what they doing. NEVER AGAIN

Rates and Fees

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
John--
John--Northeast, VIC

Scam. Money is reduced significantly at the other end.

Sent money in Euros to a bank in France.
Amount shown on my transfer this end was reduced by 20 euros when it arrived.
When I use OFX the amount I send and what arrives is always the same.
I think they are falsely advertising an exchange rate and not disclosing what they are skimming off.
Find another company that is honest.
Poor customer service too!

harpbelle
harpbelleSydney

Recipient was charged for receiving money and not stated upfront

As per title, this cost was not made transparent. I transferred a sum from AUD to EUR and the bank charged the recipient not to my knowledge until the recipient told me. I thought that they would have a domestic EUR account to make the transfer but no, they use SWIFT. To avoid beneficiary bank processing fees SWIFT payments should be avoided.

Warning against going with XE

jaynagta
jaynagtaPerth, WA

It is very clear in what you get on the other end

I have been using for 11 years no regret at all. Money went on time and also got the best rate available at the time of transfer.

Can they give better rates definetly there is room for improvement.

Kimbo
KimboPerth, WA

Clunky but better than banks.

Possibly the pay into their account then they pay the recipients account is a way around charges I dont know. Although clunky you do save a substabcial amount compared to the gouging you get from banks.

Van T.
Van T.Perth, WA

Don't use this crap

Crap of service , don't use this crap, waste time and useless. It made fail and I can't send money to my aunty in U.S to buy a house on time.

Tony E.
Tony E.South East Queensland, QLD

Not interested in customer service

Ben
BenSydney, NSW

Deceitfully Expensive

I signed up for an account based on the advertised exchange rates on their front page (about 5 pips from mid market), which seemed reasonable. After opening the account, and attempting to make a transfer, the actual rate they use is about 50 pips from mid market, which is about what a full commercial bank charges. Completely false advertising. Their rates are extremely expensive.

The Gadget Guys - SA
The Gadget Guys - SASouthern and Hills, SA

Useless waste of time and money.

Neeraj C.
Neeraj C.Perth, WA

Misleading information online!"no fee" transfer fee.

First timer transfer. It's written allover the internet about XE being a 'no fee' transfer fee, however there is a fee of $4 if one wishes to transfer under $500. Apparently, this only applies to new customers.

Read more reviews - page 2

Shyam Sunder
Shyam Sunderasked

I would be glad to know if money transfer service are available at Thailand to transfer money from Thailand to India

Vittorio P.asked

does all the money you send arrive?? this is the biggest dilemma that no one can answer? i assume that is because this is just another way of charging a fee and saying oh we do not charge a fee, thats another bank or intermediary bank that no one know who it is lol. Any way XE do that or not?

Tom

In my last transfer to Thailand, the amount that arrived was a bit less than what I sent (like $2 less or so).
The reason was not at all clear, but some in-Thailand transfers are subject to an in-country charge, so maybe that's got something to do with the reduction. I would imagine the Bank that XE/RIA uses in Thailand is not the same as my Bank. They wouldn't necessarily know in advance of what all the different banks in Thailand charge or (for that matter), what all the in-country banks charge, in every country. This is just my guess. Of course in many countries there is no in-country bank-to-bank transfer charge. Of course, that doesn't help you much in trying to estimate actually, what will actually be delivered.

Terryh2c
Terryh2c

It's difficult to answer. I sent money and the whole amount was paid to the vendor I was buying from. But this will vary from bank to bank - depending on their policies around money transfer. you will need to check the specific bank you are transferring to.

Vittorio P.

Thank Terry, sounds like hit and miss, the only way to verify prior is to actual do the transfer and then you know... the full cost. lol

Bonnya
Bonnyaasked

How can send money from Aud to Bangladesh Taka currency I I

Tom

XE have been heavily criticised for applying "hidden Fees". These are usually taken by intermediaries in their transfer process , the specific amounts of which you are not advised of in advance. These hidden fees seem to be associated with transfers to just some specific counties. You should check the complains to see if Bangladesh is one of those countries. My personal experience with XE is to a particular country, and that was NOT GOOD.
I have used Instarem to Indonesia and so far they have been very reliable (but a bit slow).

Rowena E.
Rowena E.

Hi Bonya,
Using Xe Money transfer is the fastest and the easiest way I have experienced so far. I sent $15K on a Friday last month and it was deposited in my Philippine bank account the following day without any deduction at all. I don’t know how this was made possible but i am just really happy with the outcome. I think they get kickback depending on how the exchange rate goes.

Vittorio P.

You might be right, if they are forced to give you a good rate then the alter the intermediate fee

Other Money Transfer Services