Xe Money Transfer

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness
Tony E.

Tony E.South East Queensland, QLD

Not interested in customer service

Ben

BenSydney, NSW

Deceitfully Expensive

I signed up for an account based on the advertised exchange rates on their front page (about 5 pips from mid market), which seemed reasonable. After opening the account, and attempting to make a transfer, the actual rate they use is about 50 pips from mid market, which is about what a full commercial bank charges. Completely false advertising. Their rates are extremely expensive.

The Gadget Guys - SA

The Gadget Guys - SASouthern and Hills, SA

Useless waste of time and money.

Neeraj C.

Neeraj C.Perth, WA

Misleading information online!"no fee" transfer fee.

First timer transfer. It's written allover the internet about XE being a 'no fee' transfer fee, however there is a fee of $4 if one wishes to transfer under $500. Apparently, this only applies to new customers.

jj01

jj01Sydney, NSW

Excellent product

Best money transfer service , I have ever used. Having used many money transfer services, finally a service which offers higher rates and quick transactions. The UI is bit basic, but who cares., it gets the job done.

Ari

AriGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not make mistakes

Make sure you book in the contract at the exact amount, this does not work like a bank... As it is not a bank. If the money does not exist in your account they can amend the contract an you will not be charged. If money does exist they can charge 700usd to cancel out a contract. The app was showing more money than the website.

Terryh2cGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Couldn't make it more difficult. And couldn't take longer.

Tom

Highly unreliable with seriously bad funds tracing capabilities.

Daz

DazSydney, NSW

This is a scam

I have been using Transfer wise for ages. Dediced to give this a go. Worst experience ever. Transferred 15000 yen, my girlfriend got 9. With transfer wise, I am told of fees upfront.

Rowena E.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The best money transfer to Philippines.

Great rates, quick transfer and no fees. It sounds too good to be true but what i am saying is real. We normally use western union and remitly and just bump into Xe at google. Sent AUD12000 in the morning and received the money in Phil account in the afternoon. Exactly the same amount in Peso as stated in my confirmation receipt. I don't normally give reviews, this is the first time i gave a review for a money remittance company. Thanks heaps XE. Very happy customer here from Melbourne

Kat R.

Kat R.South East Queensland, QLD

waste of time, stay well clear of XE

I created an accouint with XE as per instruction on there website. The following day I tried to contact XE to get my account number via the phone number supplied by XE. After spending 1 hour and 10 minutes on hold, I simply give up. I have no idea how XE is conducting there business.

TomPerth, WA

Long-time customer - with no problems

SusanSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best transfer company. Great service

XE are the best transfer business I've used. They have the best rates and service. They are fast and courteous. Always extremely professional. Would reccomend XE to anyone wanting to transfer currency

Ferdi

FerdiDarwin, NT

Total Failure!!!

Do not go with them! I sent $200 equivalent to Malaysia- receiver was suppose to get around 550 in local currency but only 446 was deposited into the account. After reading other reviews I discovered that many many others also had similar issues. Iv use WU and my bank prior and always the correct amount was deposited. XE is a ripp off!!!!

sskanth

sskanthGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They give less rate and less money

I am transferring money to India for past 7 years. Used XE for first time and when I transferred 250$ (to test how it goes) as per XE I will get 11456 INR but I received only got 10630 INR almost 17$ less. Called XE and they said bank in India has charged but I never seen anything like that when I transfer from Western Union or Remit2India. Their rate is even less than Western Union and others.

Raised a complaint and didn't get any ticket no or any update after that and I am disappointed with XE.

XE is a website where everyone take reference but really disappointed with the way my transfer went and will never transfer through XE again. Luckily I was testing and didn't send more money from XE.

Find out how Xe Money Transfer compares to other Money Transfer Services

Not recommended - had to pay extra after transaction.

Beware of the No confirmation scam. When checking the rates it created a transaction or multiple transactions and contracts. Forcing you to pay multiple transfer fees for one transaction. Beware! Similar to others who has put a review here. Untrustworthy.

Tung Dang

Tung DangSydney, NSW

Cannot cancel created transaction online

When I created a transaction, the website did not tell or show anyhow and how much fee when I want to cancel the transaction. Now I have to pay a large amount of fee to cancel the transaction.

DataJack

DataJackSydney, NSW

Con Job Do Not Trust This Company.

lois k.

lois k.Sydney, NSW

WARNING!!!

Do NOT use their service. It is fraud. I tried to send USD90K to Hong Kong for business purpose, but they couldn't send the money and the money was returned to me 22days later. And they deducted $10 for fee. It was such a nightmare until the money was returned to me. One of most horrible experience in my life!

Hussam

HussamMelbourne

Don't waste your time and money

Very bad experience. The money took almost 13 days to get to the recipient and it was received 13% less than transferred amount. I used XE because I thought it is cheaper than WU but I was wrong. First and last time to use XE. Not recommended at all.

Vittorio P.asked

does all the money you send arrive?? this is the biggest dilemma that no one can answer? i assume that is because this is just another way of charging a fee and saying oh we do not charge a fee, thats another bank or intermediary bank that no one know who it is lol. Any way XE do that or not?

Tom

In my last transfer to Thailand, the amount that arrived was a bit less than what I sent (like $2 less or so).
The reason was not at all clear, but some in-Thailand transfers are subject to an in-country charge, so maybe that's got something to do with the reduction. I would imagine the Bank that XE/RIA uses in Thailand is not the same as my Bank. They wouldn't necessarily know in advance of what all the different banks in Thailand charge or (for that matter), what all the in-country banks charge, in every country. This is just my guess. Of course in many countries there is no in-country bank-to-bank transfer charge. Of course, that doesn't help you much in trying to estimate actually, what will actually be delivered.

Terryh2c

It's difficult to answer. I sent money and the whole amount was paid to the vendor I was buying from. But this will vary from bank to bank - depending on their policies around money transfer. you will need to check the specific bank you are transferring to.

Vittorio P.

Thank Terry, sounds like hit and miss, the only way to verify prior is to actual do the transfer and then you know... the full cost. lol

Bonnya

Bonnyaasked

How can send money from Aud to Bangladesh Taka currency I I

Tom

XE have been heavily criticised for applying "hidden Fees". These are usually taken by intermediaries in their transfer process , the specific amounts of which you are not advised of in advance. These hidden fees seem to be associated with transfers to just some specific counties. You should check the complains to see if Bangladesh is one of those countries. My personal experience with XE is to a particular country, and that was NOT GOOD.
I have used Instarem to Indonesia and so far they have been very reliable (but a bit slow).

Hi Bonya,
Using Xe Money transfer is the fastest and the easiest way I have experienced so far. I sent $15K on a Friday last month and it was deposited in my Philippine bank account the following day without any deduction at all. I don’t know how this was made possible but i am just really happy with the outcome. I think they get kickback depending on how the exchange rate goes.

Vittorio P.

You might be right, if they are forced to give you a good rate then the alter the intermediate fee

Markasked

From the United to UAE HOW LONG?

Susan

Hi, I'm from Australia. I have used XE many times. Never had a problem. Usually takes 24hrs. I send to the USA. You transfer to Xe and it clears to them same day or overnight. Your person gets it iwithin 24hrs

It's 24 hours now and my money has not been sent why