Xe Money Transfer

Xe Money Transfer

Poor Service

I have used Currency Online for several years, unfortunately they have been taken over by XE. With Currency Online, I created a Rate Alert. This alert expired in Feb and I thought nothing more of it until I received an order from XE. Having explained my reasoning about the fact it was a now expired rate alert, they suspended my account with the terse comment - Please note these are legally binding contracts and you are required to settle in full.
Really disappointed with the attitude. Mu business is not important to them, so I will take it elsewhere.

Rates are Good, No fees when sending but receiving end charges fees, 3/4 days transaction

Performed several transfers from Australia to Thailand Accounts, using different companies to same bank accounts.
Best rates change from company to company each day. So I now check and use the better offer but include an additional % deduction against XE because of fees at receiving end . Beware there may be fees even though XE state "no fees" within their transactions. They do state this in the fine print that they have no control of the bank fees at the receiving end.
XE takes 3/4 days. With other institutes, I get guaranteed transfers within the same day. Some within 3 hours.
XE contracted price is not what I finally got in my Thai Bank accounts. I incurred banks charges at the receiving end.
To check, I also transferred same amount of money from other institutes into same Thai bank accounts, on the same day and got no fees deducted. I also noted that the Thai bank statement does not show what fees are charged and so who knows if its real. It just shows the amount going in.

Excellent service

Easy to set up account.excellent rates.you can also lock your exchange rate.money transfer is fast.better than Torfx.i have use this for transfer the money from nz to aus.will recommend to others to use their service for expierence.

Blocked me on FB after I complained about unethical tactics

Tried to make a transfer after signing up. Company then held my money ad refused to go ahead with the transfer unless I divulged sensitive information. For security reasons, I was not prepared to provide this information which was unusually invasive and posed a clear security risk to me personally. The company leads you to believe they will make the transfer but it's only a hook to harvest more data from you. Once they are holding your money, most people would be intimidated in giving them whatever data they are demanding but not me

Thankfully I had the foresight to do a small test transaction - otherwise would have lost thousands through this scam.

I then closed my account and cancelled my card as a security precaution. Company claimed publicly to have refunded me but i never received the refund ie. they lied. After I called them out for lying, they stopped answering my emails and blocked me on Facebook!

I will now report this dodgy outfit to the Financial Services Ombudsman. Amazed they are allowed to operate. The regulators need to be taking a close look at this outfit.

This is worst service, better not to use

I was using first time and asked me to transfer funds to their account, after transfer 4 days till my payment not send, i was using Westron Union and World remit, they were much better and transfer were immediately,

Exceptional exchange rate and no fees!

I must recommend Xe for currency transfer. I was a bit shaky at first, not having used their services before, but the transaction went super smoothly. The representative over the phone was super kind and helpful, setup the account in a few minutes. Then the transfer took about 3 days from Europe and the rate was really good. To give an idea at the time of my transfer the interbank price for Euros was $1.58, NAB was buying my Euros at $1.52 when XE bought them at $1.573 which, if you transfer large sums, means a lot of money. No fees whatsoever were charged.
Perfect! I'll deal with XE again and I surely recommend it!

Excellent service and no sneaky rip off bank charges

Easy to set up an account. The transaction was upfront and honest, no hidden fees anywhere unlike the Commonwealth Bank who sneakily charged me $30 claiming this was by 'an interim bank'. The transfer rates are also better than the banks. The transfer went very smoothly and I am really happy with this service and have used them again since. Happy to recommend them.

Very helpful and good rate

I needed to move an inheritance from the UK to Australia. Unfortunately my UK bank is TSB and they have completely wrecked their online banking in a change of system. This meant I could not fulfil the UK side of the transaction within the time frame. XE were so helpful and cancelled the transaction at no charge and helped me through with completing several transactions over the following weeks. I can not recommend the team in Auckland highly enough. I will definitely use them again. Even for transactions below the free limit, they are still cheaper than bank to bank and at a better rate.

Effective, and good service

First time using a non bank money transfer service. Very happy with XE money. I felt the system was very secure. Only took 2 days to get money from A to B. ( 4 days is their guideline)
Rates on offer were approximately 2.5% better than the big 4 Aussie banks. Would definitely use again.

Smooth Transfer

I have made my first transfer with XE Money Transfer and it was smooth, painless, and relatively fast for an overseas transfer. I won't often need this type of service, but I will use them next time I do. Yes, the questions may seem intrusive, but in today's world these are necessary and dictated by governments worldwide. There was no fee and a pretty good exchange rate so I was happy with the service.

A stupid system

Too hard to set up as they ask lots of questions and verification where we are the one should worry if we can trust our money with them. Never use this system people!!!

very good service once you've set it up

cheap way to transfer money overseas ... although there have been a few changes since I set this up it has been useful, the latest changes have been that there is another department or company running the currency transfers, but this so far seems to be ok

minimum amount to transfer is lifted to $10

but that's ok...

Hi I am going to NZ in a few months. Was just wondering how I transfer my funds for my holiday from my NAB account & set up a new debit account? Are there any hidden fees & how long does it take?
Well my money never arrived so I would not use this company. There are plenty of others though so I hope you can find a reputable company. TransferGo is poor as well, my money disappeared when i used them - they even sent me a fraudulent receipt claiming the money had arrived so plenty of dodgy companies in the money transfer business

We are currently using TorFX and wanted to talk further about deals available. Anyone to talk to? Regards, Andrew

Similar listings