Optus Home Phone

Optus Home Phone

Laura
LauraIllawarra, NSW

Awful Company - They Lie Over the Phone & Still Send Out Bills for a Cancelled Service

Bill R
Bill RGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cant give them a minus 100 so here goes

Rosanna L.
Rosanna L.Goulburn Valley, VIC

Professionalism and compassion combined!

I very surprisingly received acknowledgment and understanding from my usual honesty about our circumstances and limitations regarding a late bill
It was a refreshing experience to have telling the truth being acknowledged

Vita
VitaSydney

If I coud give optus a negative 100 on this review I would! The most incompetent company in the universe!!!!

Travelling al
Travelling al

Optus is not capablle of getting our internet to work

We moved into our new house in June last year and we still don't have reliable internet.
I have spent hours on the phone and live chat and they keep saying they will send someone from their team or the NBN team out but they are always cancelled to so "troubleshooting" as the "back end".
It took months to get connected (sent our 5 technicians from the NBN but were all from the wrong department) and when we eventually got it connected it drops out many many times a day.

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Frank
FrankSydney, NSW

Your a joke!!

Not worth rating!! Countless phone calls to get my internet working after organising my relocation to another address prior moving and was assured there will be no issues.
STILL NOT WORKING.
Don’t ever go with Optus.

Barbara
BarbaraSydney, NSW

Too time consuming to try to talk to someone

My concern is not with the product but the service (or lack thereof). It is simply too time consuming to try to get a simple answer to a simple problem.

Lach
LachCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Too many issues to list.

Don't go with Optus, it's just not worth it.

The amount of issues we have had with Optus is obscene that I don't have the energy to list it all. The main points are having constantly been overcharged, disconnection of phone line for no reason, constant drop outs and countless hours spent dealing with their "customer service". Just don't do it.

We ended up having to go to the TIO.

Kerrik59
Kerrik59Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

NBN Nightmare

Trying to get inbound calls to home of my elderly parents. Transferred to Optus to be part of bundle arrangement with NBN. Home phone was not disconnected but not connected either. Then Telstra and Optus decided to squabble over it. Took 3 weeks to be able to make and receive calls. since the squabble can make calls but all incoming calls go straight to voice mail . My father is incapacitated so they wont check anything without seeing him, we have had technician out all he did was check that the phone rang. Sick and tired of all drama associated with this - why we have to go on to NBN God only knows! A nightmare for my parents

Coco

Optus -Ask the call centre for a call reference that you can give the telecommunications Ombudsman (180 0062 058)

Big Bad Bill
Big Bad BillSydney, NSW

Optus - simply the worst

Being forced to switch to NBN. Optus sent a nice letter with a link that asks you to commit to their NBN service BEFORE you can see what you are committing too. Only an idiot would agree to that. So forced to do everything via the phone (way to go Optus making your phone numbers to easy to find on your webpage) - chap at the call centre gets everything wrong all the time, even when you politely point out the errors he still can't amend them correctly. Never encountered a company so clueless and with such a poor approach to customer service.

Jay
JaySydney, NSW

NIGHTMARE OPTUS HOME PHONE

Frank
FrankBelmont

Hopeless

I'm pretty sure you need to take an IQ test to work on their help line and if you pass, you don't get the job. Or maybe the problem is that they can speak but not understand English. Their greatest fear seems to be that a staff member might be doing nothing for a few seconds before answering a call. That's why it usually takes at least half an hour for a call to be answered. The most you can wait is 90 mins. At that point they will just cut your call off. Why can't I give them a lower rating than one?

Jim
JimSydney Surrounds, NSW

Why can't I select no stars? Stay away from Optus!

Atina A.
Atina A.Sydney, NSW

Optus Usernames

Before you could have 14 differents emails with Optus. Now you have to submit your request and go through them, I can't delete or add usernames anymore.
Going through them is a nightmare, you wait almost one hour before they answer and then often they don't understand what you want.

Joan
Joanasked

I made an overseas call on landline yesterday. How can I find out how much it cost?

Bec
Bec

You can just call Optus and they can give you a time and a cost, don't let them tell you they can not as they can ok. But you will be suprised as I have mad calls to Croatia and it's been cheeper to phone by land line than these $10 overseas cards you can use from any phone and less numbers to enter.
Always remember if your bill is to high to ask for an extension,/ payment deal that have to honor your change in surcomstance.
Wishing you the best Bec xo

Teresaasked

i joined the phone plan yesterday but i don't want this phone anymore,can i return it and change the tariff package?

Teresa

it's a mobile plan, iPhone6s, 86 dollars per month.

If I can change the plan, what should I do and how much should I pay.

one-tel
one-tel

Are you talking about a home phone plan or mobile plan? There is a big difference between the 2, if you give me a bit more information I might be able to help you. You don't need to give any names/address/or any other details just plan type cost and what type of bundle plan you have got.

phone plan,iPhone6s,86 dollars per month