Optus Mobile

Optus Mobile

Brand Manager for Optus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Jason D
Jason DSydney, NSW

Absolutely atrocious!!

Have been waiting multiple weeks for a resolution, no adequate response has been provided. They have not called me back, nor responded to my messages. The reception in a Liverpool is disgusting. They advised the Tower would be fixed on the 5th of October then advised it will be the 19th. The reception is still disgusting and I barely have one bar to make calls that succeed with a full conversation. Regret coming back to this company and providing my trust to them. This review is both for my phone and home internet of $100 plan. In other words, supposedly the fastest internet they have.

Joshua A.
Joshua A.Sydney, NSW

It is the worst service ever , don’t trust them guys

It is really rude and rubbish service especially George st branch and you can’t trust them at all , make sure you have to check your bills and plans so carefully don’t do any plan with them

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone

Ravi
RaviGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Received a Credit file for their system fault

most Worst mobile service in Australia is optus service i’m not recommend to anyone it’s the most worst and cheating service I’m ever seen . They put me in to a debt recovery while paying monthly bills continuously and when calling to them it’s their system fault and taking it back even not apologising because of this it effect to my credit score too. So I’m really angry and would never use it anymore and not recommend to anyone please don’t buy any plans from this cheating service

Local Reception
Pradeep
Pradeep

Unsatisfactory network coverage

I am with Optus postpaid mobile and fixed line connection (NBN) and I have no network coverage when I move to a new place (Box Hill) both for nbn and mobile network. This is the same case when you travel to a new place too.
I regret to be with Optus as a contract term. They entice customers with a little cheaper plan but you will end up regretting some day.
My best advise is to go for a reliable (though little more expensive plan) but to tolerate Optus network.

Crappy customer service

Just plain bad

They try and make you buy extra iPhones and iPads then they lie to you saying we will give you extra data when they really won't in realty

Katiec
KatiecThe Mallee, VIC

Buyers beware

Future customers beware. If you like poor customer service, feelings of frustration trying to cancel a service. Ongoing charges even when the service is finally cancelled then Optus is the company for you. Not even worth 1 star rating. Never go Optus

Fair
Fair

Scammers

I had a mobile account with Optus which I didn't use for many years, I tried to close it but Optus kept it open till I took the matter to the TIO, then eventually they closed it and gave me a refund as the account was in credit, but 10 months later Optus reported me to a credit agency, I am reopening the case with the TIO, don't know what these scammers are up to, never trust any telecommunications company.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Brett
Brett

Try another carrier

After nearly seven hours on messaging and numerous phone calls the only solution that Optus has for my internet speed (modem 1.6mbs) is for me to buy another one of the piece of crap modem they supplied me with and hopefully get a refund (account credit). They also cannot/or will not understand that I do not have a smart phone so texting me links is useless. I also waited on line for 30 minutes for an Optus person to change my contact phone number. Today I was finally able to get into my account (it kept dropping out trying to log in) and I changed it myself. They do not or will not understand "contact me by e-mail".

Phil
PhilSydney, NSW

eSIM disaster

As an Optus mobile customer of 11 years I upgraded my iPhone 11 to the iPhone13 online. Optus recommends using an eSim now, so I went with that option. My new phone arrived the next day but the eSIM set up isn't working and their technical helpdesk (chat - very frustrating) can't fix it. Their remedy is to say to go to the nearest Optus store for further help. Meanwhile I don't have a working phone. I do not recommend Optus.

Internet drops out

Internet drops out especially on holidays. Cannot reach them to talk. I run an online business but will have to change internet provider as it is not up to scratch. I want to discuss this but can’t get through

Ken
KenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible customer experience, live chat very rude

I decided to try Optus for the first time yesterday. After a day, they emailed me that they could not verify my details and that my order has been cancelled. I would at least expect them to give me a call and seek any additional details they may need. Afterwards I started a live chat with their orders team/[Name Removed] (as advised on their email), and the experience was just... terrible. I could have chatted with a bot instead - all canned responses, and in general very rude staff.

Optus has lost a customer for life - I suggest bring your business with other providers. The world has enough crap businesses that we should not support.

Elmo
ElmoSydney, NSW

Very poor - to be avoided.

Network coverage unreliable, even in Sydney metro area. Customer service staff unhelpful and rude when you eventually get in touch with a person onshore. Don’t believe Optus coverage maps or network guarantee promises as they are not accurate and will do everything in their power not to honour.

I had to early terminate two services, calls would not connect 1st time, voice quality poor and 5G is nonexistent, even in Sydney CBD. Optus refuses to acknowledge issues or to accept responsibility for this.

Very poor experience on all fronts and strongly advise against using Optus. Bottom line is their network coverage and quality is poor.

The other reviews on here are inline with my experience.

bliss
blissSouth East Queensland, QLD

bad customer service

I have been with Optus for many years but I decided to switch to TPG today as TPG offers much more for less monthly payment. Why your customer staff in Melbourne so rude! Also stop treating long time customers like sh*t. Otherwise you do not deserve customer loyalty

Huss
HussVictoria

Bad service

Optus has experience to increase payment bills by double and build a good team like [Name Removed] and no one can talk to them and whatever they is right and we are always wrong. My advise is not to go to Optus because they have bad service and they just take money from the people

Cannot send MMS

I have been with Optus for a couple of years with no issues. Now I cannot send MMS and have wasted hours of my life on the phone to sort this out. Each time they "fix it" it works for that one test message and then will not work again. I cannot spend my life calling them each time I want to send a picture to someone. They also cannot explain why it worked 2 weeks ago and now it does not. The guy yesterday assured me he had fixed it for good. The next text message I sent without picture was sent encrypted. WTH??

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only