Optus Mobile

Optus Mobile

Brand Manager for Optus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Fair
Fair

Scammers

I had a mobile account with Optus which I didn't use for many years, I tried to close it but Optus kept it open till I took the matter to the TIO, then eventually they closed it and gave me a refund as the account was in credit, but 10 months later Optus reported me to a credit agency, I am reopening the case with the TIO, don't know what these scammers are up to, never trust any telecommunications company.

Brett
Brett

Try another carrier

After nearly seven hours on messaging and numerous phone calls the only solution that Optus has for my internet speed (modem 1.6mbs) is for me to buy another one of the piece of crap modem they supplied me with and hopefully get a refund (account credit). They also cannot/or will not understand that I do not have a smart phone so texting me links is useless. I also waited on line for 30 minutes for an Optus person to change my contact phone number. Today I was finally able to get into my account (it kept dropping out trying to log in) and I changed it myself. They do not or will not understand "contact me by e-mail".

Phil
PhilSydney, NSW

eSIM disaster

As an Optus mobile customer of 11 years I upgraded my iPhone 11 to the iPhone13 online. Optus recommends using an eSim now, so I went with that option. My new phone arrived the next day but the eSIM set up isn't working and their technical helpdesk (chat - very frustrating) can't fix it. Their remedy is to say to go to the nearest Optus store for further help. Meanwhile I don't have a working phone. I do not recommend Optus.

Internet drops out

Internet drops out especially on holidays. Cannot reach them to talk. I run an online business but will have to change internet provider as it is not up to scratch. I want to discuss this but can’t get through

Ken
KenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible customer experience, live chat very rude

I decided to try Optus for the first time yesterday. After a day, they emailed me that they could not verify my details and that my order has been cancelled. I would at least expect them to give me a call and seek any additional details they may need. Afterwards I started a live chat with their orders team/[Name Removed] (as advised on their email), and the experience was just... terrible. I could have chatted with a bot instead - all canned responses, and in general very rude staff.

Optus has lost a customer for life - I suggest bring your business with other providers. The world has enough crap businesses that we should not support.

Elmo
ElmoSydney, NSW

Very poor - to be avoided.

Network coverage unreliable, even in Sydney metro area. Customer service staff unhelpful and rude when you eventually get in touch with a person onshore. Don’t believe Optus coverage maps or network guarantee promises as they are not accurate and will do everything in their power not to honour.

I had to early terminate two services, calls would not connect 1st time, voice quality poor and 5G is nonexistent, even in Sydney CBD. Optus refuses to acknowledge issues or to accept responsibility for this.

Very poor experience on all fronts and strongly advise against using Optus. Bottom line is their network coverage and quality is poor.

The other reviews on here are inline with my experience.

bliss
blissSouth East Queensland, QLD

bad customer service

I have been with Optus for many years but I decided to switch to TPG today as TPG offers much more for less monthly payment. Why your customer staff in Melbourne so rude! Also stop treating long time customers like sh*t. Otherwise you do not deserve customer loyalty

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Huss
HussVictoria

Bad service

Optus has experience to increase payment bills by double and build a good team like [Name Removed] and no one can talk to them and whatever they is right and we are always wrong. My advise is not to go to Optus because they have bad service and they just take money from the people

Cannot send MMS

I have been with Optus for a couple of years with no issues. Now I cannot send MMS and have wasted hours of my life on the phone to sort this out. Each time they "fix it" it works for that one test message and then will not work again. I cannot spend my life calling them each time I want to send a picture to someone. They also cannot explain why it worked 2 weeks ago and now it does not. The guy yesterday assured me he had fixed it for good. The next text message I sent without picture was sent encrypted. WTH??

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

Shane D.
Shane D.Great Southern, WA

Dissapointing. Don't get sucked in

Coverage is terrible. Both phone and internet is rubbish. Have been conned twice by Harvey Norman staff when purchasing new phones that Optus had good coverage in my area but 5 to 10 kms from town in any direction I have no service. Even in areas with several bars of signal the internet does not work . Dissapointed in this provider and will be changing asap.

san
sanSydney, NSW

Worst Company ever

Wow Optus is trying to promote this however they are the worst. They took 6months to post my a satchel to return my handset and then put me on the credit listing and now all my credit card is frozen and I can't feed my children

Plan TypePost-Paid Sim Only
Concerned
ConcernedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Omg wow

I was disputing some issues with them 1:28am today and wanted to go to bed. 2 hours later they stopped messaging me. They gave me a reference number. I just started a chat with them and I gave them the reference number and they said "what is the reference number for?". Incompetent

ali k.
ali k.South East Queensland, QLD

Horrible experience

There is no 5G and I live in the heart of the city. No matter where I m in Brisbane. My phone is the lastest iPhone 13. I have reached to them tens of times and they seem to be wasting time. Their tech support are in other countries and even one of them was trying to sell me more services while I was trying to sort out the problem with the current one! Pathetic. After two weeks still there is no 5G. Gonna change it at the end of the month to another provider.

Oscar
OscarGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Be AWARE they sale lies

Local Reception
Ann
AnnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst service, worst customer service

Returned modem. Called very rude staff who even disconnected my call after waiting for hours. Message chat staff have been a bit helpful. Returned modem due to poor service, confirmed by Optus expert, been told the fee will be waived twice and now just got the bill again. Please DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE TERRIBLE or WORST SERVICE EVER.