Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S G012

Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S G012

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Yokohama? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Off-Roading Frequency
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling

Handyman Dad
Handyman DadCentral Queensland, QLD

Nice and quiet

Purchased in November 2016 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $390.00.

Vickie
VickieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent tyre very reliable wet,dry on and off road capabilities

Have these tryes fitted to Toyota hilux Sr model, Have made numerous road trips through Outback qld and Cape York peninsula through the bloomfield track, great traction In the wet and on gravel and sand roads as well as beach driving. Have done 60000klm had no issues with them. would buy them again.

Purchased in December 2017 at Bob Jane T-Marts.

Scruffy32
Scruffy32SYDNEY

Not fit for off road

These were recommended by Bob Jane for my trip to the Gibb River Road in the Kimberleys. Despite lowering tyre pressures on gravel surfaces I got three punctures, I then went up to Cape York and got two punctures, again on gravel surfaces. They are good tyres on the sealed roads and would be good in sand however they are too soft for gravel surfaces. Each punctures was through the tread and at 70yo I'm not driving like a mad 4wd driver. Very disappointed however I have gained a higher level of fitness by changing wheels on hot dusty roads.

peter
peterHunter Region, NSW

Good tyres!!!!

Purchased in May 2016 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $230.00.

Jimbo
JimboPerth, WA

Long lasting

I have run 50,000 km and they are only half worn. I love the dry grip and the off road traction is amazing. The tyres are not as quiet as the newer GO15, but not terribly more so.

Purchased in April 2017 at Tyres & More for $250.00.

Btu
BtuLeichhardt Qld

Brilliant Tyre!

I have never felt as safe as i do when im using these tyres. They are an excellent tyre that copes in ALL conditions. This tyre feels nice and smooth when driving on or off road. They also connect well with gravel roads. The durability is amazing. All terrain tyres are as says ALL TERRAIN Perfectly! When taken care of, looked after by rotating every 10000km wheel alignments this tyre has a very good life span.
Id definitely buy this tyre again.

CarJeep CHEROKEE EXTREME SPORTS
Ben
BenQLD, 4655

Great Tyre Great Price but read the whole review.

Purchased in December 2016 at Mycar (Kmart Tyre & Auto Service).

Rach
RachNorth-East, TAS

Shocking tyre

Car2007 Nissan Patrol wagon

Thomas
ThomasAustralia

So far so good! Great on sand and rocky tracks

Currently driving a Subaru Forester SJ 2.5 L CVT
I had the Stock tyres and I've been getting unlucky with my tyres either punctured or had a gash through the sidewall when off roading. This happened 3 times to the stock tyres.
I was so fed up that I went to an all-terrain tyres.Yokohama geolanders G015 was recommended but could only fit G012 with 225/60/17

I highly recommend

Car2017 Subaru Forester 2.5L

Regret this purchase

Balancing issues with this tyre. One tyre was replaced after two weeks as it was found to be faulty. Considering the cost of these tyres it has been the worst choice. Many hours & $$ spent with suspension and tyre experts to diagnose the conclusion that the tyres are definitely the problem. E mailed Yokohama - do not want to know about it.

CarNissan NP300 4x4

Great tyre

I did a fair bit of homework and put a set of these on 200 series landcriuser and they have lasted 60,000 km's. That included an 8,000 k dirt trip through the Kimberley including Gibb River Road with a serious load, a couple of trips across Dirk Hartog etc. Havn't touched the spare. Great grip and wear to the end. Most underrated tyre I have used, going back for another set.

Car2008 200 Series Landcruiser petrol
Kay
Kay

Good and value for money

A good tyre branch made in Japan. The tyres are durable and its been so far so good. No issue on the performance. Compared with other brand we have used this brand is value for money. We even received a voucher as we have referred to another friend to purchase it from the same place.

CarHonda
ozzieconsumer
ozzieconsumerMelbourne

Great on wet road, weak sidewalls

Great tyre for everyday and great in the wet, however i kissed a kerb yesterday and blew the tyre (was running 40psi) but they are very thin. They felt good crossing the goulburn river with plenty of grip, however on a steepish moist washout they did slip fairly bad compared to my old BF goodrich which would retain their composure after a little slip. I have now purchased some kuhmo M/T for off roading but happy to keep these for everyday and occasional offroading in dry conditions ( just a little scared now of sidewall punctures)

Car2003 Subaru Forester

Noisy as it gets older.

After 30,000ks wearing well but quite noisy now. Not sure what it is has been rotated twice. Had LT version before and got 90ks from it.The P rated versions after a few Ks sound like MTs. Very good on and OK off-road for an AT only complaint is the latent noise issue.

CarPagero

jlewan
jlewanbrisbane

Can't complain

Have these on my car since new. Have done 40000 km on them so far and still have a lot of tread left. Haven't had any problems in extremely wet conditions. Cornering is also fine and hold traction well. The tyres are very quite on the freeway and can not be heard.

Carcx5

Don S
Don Sasked

I purchased a new Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk in 2014 which has Yokohama Geolander SUV 245/65R17 107H tyres fitted. I only drive on major made roads and do not drive off road. I have just ticked over 50,000kms and the rear tyres are needing replacing, how many kms should I expect? I previously had an Jeep Overlander and got over 80,000kms on the first set driving under similar conditions as I am currently doing.

brian
brian

It seems like you've been speeding around corners too often and no it doesn't seem odd to me - if the tyres need replacing them feel free to have the store replace and balance the tyres ;however, I've found Bridgestone and Goodyear tyres to be superior to the yokahama but, it also depends on the prices of the tyres

Edu
Eduasked

What is the tyre pressure for a Geolandar D91 225/60/17 on a Subaru Forester AWD?

James
James

There should be a tyre pressure placard (label) mounted on your car - mine is mounted on the drivers door frame. This will give you the Subaru recommended pressure. I run my tyres a bit higher - eg. Recommended pressure says 190kPa in my car. I don't know about the D91, but I find with the GO12 tyre 248kPa (36psi) is more appropriate for highway driving. I drop tyre pressure down for different surfaces (gravel, sand, etc). Hope that helps.

435705asked

Could you please advise as to what tyre pressures I should use on my 2014 Pajero,both for normal use,and towing a caravan?I am running on Geolander Ar G902

Ravenswood 9
Ravenswood 9

G'day....Because I live in the tropics and do a lot of highway Ks, I kept the cold pessure at 36 pound all round (empty) and 38 in the rear when fully laden (750kg). If in doubt speak with a reputable tyre dealer for clarification.

Steve W
Steve W

I run 40 lbs on bitumen towing or not. Never had a problem. My tire dealer told me that a set ago.

See all Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S G012 questions