Ziegler & Brown Portable Grill

Ziegler & Brown Portable Grill

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (9) · No (4)
  • Safety

Shezzie

ShezzieMid North Coast, NSW

Awsome BBQ! Sturdy and great quality!

Love our new BBQ, after looking into Webers and not being happy with the build quality or the material used (seemed very flimsy) we decided to go with a Zeigler & Brown.
It has great flame settings and you can cook a roast in it easily, also has a temp gage.
comes standard with the grill plates but in our package deal we got a bag, smoking chips and a flat plate - which is great for things like saucy kebabs etc.

Things i loved...

*Does not use alot of gas!
*Looks great
*Cooks great
*The whole product is made well and is very sturdy!
*Portable

Purchased in October 2019 at Barbeques Galore for $349.00.

Lorro

LorroSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a way to cook,versatility at it’s best

Although only purchased a week ago I have done roast lamb(medium)with roasted vegetables,2”thick porterhouse medium rare and Balmain bugs with marinated green prawns all of which have been great.I’m amazed at how quick the food cooks and cleaning is a breeze.
Thanks to BBQ’S Galore at Aspley for your service and advice.

Purchased in December 2019 for $280.00.

Robyn5New South Wales

Loving my Ziggy single burner

Bought this bbq from our local Barbeques Galore, for home use mainly. (Great service given by Sam) Have cooked cakes, roast and many different meats including salmon. I have not had one failure yet. This bbq heats up quickly if you are wanting to roast and clean up is a breeze. I have not cooked meat inside on the stove top since purchasing my ziggy. Love it

Purchased in October 2019 at Barbeques Galore.

Mark Benjamin K.

Mark Benjamin K.Far North Queensland, QLD

Below Average

Purchased from BBQ Galore; unpacked and noticed manufacturing defect on Base. Didn't have much time due leaving on extended trip in Caravan. Returned it - got another (difficult process). Opened in shop- top was faulty. They got us a third and hit the road. Tried a roast chicken first up - temp gauge didn't work. so cooked on smell and skewers. Got sent a replacement gauge- will try today. This was only unit to fit in van boot so not too many options. The ring clips that hold cooker unit to base also failed 1st go - that is 4 of them. I think even the manufacturers would be ashamed. Cooking requires heat- not too difficult. I'd look for better options than this.

Purchased in September 2019 at Barbeques Galore for $320.00.

T dani

T dani

Best BBQ Ever

Have owned other BBQS but none of them can compete with the Ziggy. Easy to clean and cooks perfectly every time. There is even a Facebook page to share recipes and hints.

Purchased in November 2018 at Barbeques Galore for $439.00.

Damian

DamianHobart, TAS

I purchased one after discovering how good my friends one was

My girlfriends parents have a ziggy portable and I wouldn't purchase anything else in that segment. I was so impressed how well it cooked both roasting and grilling.
I purchased one and it did have an issue with it however it was fixed under warranty no questions asked which was a real credit to them.
I highly recommend ziggy barbeques particularly for use in a vehicle as the plate is one piece and doesn't fall out like the two piece ones competitors offer..

Purchased at Barbeques Galore for $350.00.

JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Gift, Terrible BBQ! *Glad I didn’t pay for it*

• +4

Purchased in November 2018 at Barbeques Galore.

koos

koosSydney Surrounds, NSW

Gone back to Weber. The Zig just can't compete.

With the Ziggy:
The temperature knob on its own can't regulate to a perfect 180 - you need to fiddle with drip tray setting to get it right.
Cold spot near the front of the grill.
Cleaning under the hood is impossible. I decided to take out the screws holding the lid on. Snapped the first stud as it was too tight. Asked BBQ's Galore for advice, offered to send a tech out for a fee. Ended up removing and replacing the stud myself and put the thing on Gumtree. Condition almost like new and not a scratch, accessories include new cart, carry bag, full hotplate never used and pizza stone. No one wants it at $320. Half of what I paid for it. Might have to give it away, but maybe I'd prefer to trash it rather than give someone else the problem.

Can't clean it properly

the cleaning is the problem How do you clean the underside of the lid it is impossibleif you have the lid open you can only clean about 20% of it and of course if it is closed you can't clean it at all it is easy to clean under the burners etc but not under the lid

Purchased at Barbeques Galore for $588.00.

Spurwing

SpurwingNortheast, VIC

The perfect Barby

Great for cooking roasts, baking, grilling,.
The BBQ is easy to clean, plates are easy to remove, has a great drip tray system.
We use it while caravaning travels well, can use it in any weather, great wind resistance.
Cooks evenly, with lid open or closed, great rig.

Purchased in March 2018 at Barbeques Galore for $450.00.

Tim

TimMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best portable BBQ I have owned!

The heat on the full cast iron plate is perfect no hot spots or cold spots!
Windproof too which is great when camping and hot enough to cook with the lid up like a hotplate or when on low shut the lid for the most tender succulent meats.
The perfect BBQ for cooking with such versatility either fast for a quick bite or nice and slow for a treat.
Had a webber before, The Ziggy is so much better quality and more versatile!
10 stars.
Now I will be buying the 3 burner for home!!!!

Purchased in March 2019 at Barbeques Galore for $399.00.

pebble

pebbleWA, 6530

Great for camping

Purchased in October 2017 at Barbeques Galore for $322.95.

Wary

Wary

Disappointing

Not hot enough, steaks cook too slowly, the wok doesn't get hot enough and is only good for stewing. We spent $430 on the trivet, half hot plate etc....wasted our dough. DON'T buy one.

Purchased in January 2019 at Barbeques Galore for $430.00.

Can live with out it

Bought a baby ziggy four months ago and not impressed poorly made and a problem to clean never been so disappointed with a BBQ before can not get the grease trap off and a screw which keeps the thermostat in place fell out while cleaning not a happy customer stay clear.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Bakpakka

BakpakkaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Build quality, range of accessories and purchase price were the standout features.

I love how portable this BBQ is for the limited space of our camper trailer. I bought the kit version with the carry bag, trivets and half grill plate. This version is great value for money. Set up is quick and easy and it's even heat and ability to cook with the hood down or up has produced great results with the meat we've cooked on it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Marty Cummins

Marty CumminsNSW, 2330

Brother has Webber. Heaps better than Ziegler

Very slow , poor heat distribution. Included flat flat sits on top of the grill. Anything on the flat plate takes forever to cook. Side wings are not on hinges and need to be removed with a screwdriver to fit the cover. I bought this on BBQ galores recommendation only to find out they don’t stock the Webber. Salesman said these were better. Why wouldn’t he? Get a Webber.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Julie

JuliePARKDALE

Great Home Cooking the easy less mess way.

I bought my portable grill because after moving from a house to a unit I found my big barbeque to big.
So this little one is perfect I had it put on wheels and the webber type top I can do great roasts for the family.
Then I can push it into the garage because it is on wheels and preserve it from the weather.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Thermometer does not work

Have had the thermometer replaced 5 times. Just received another thermometer & is the same. After 15 mins will only reach 140 degrees C Should be up to 220 C One replacement was on a new BBQ but still no good. One was sent from Head Office. Told that all had been tested. Wish I had gone for Webber. So frustrating. BBQ works well
Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

akg

akg

Zeigler & Brown the portable BBQ Advantage

I bought this bbq few weeks and have used this multiple times over this summer. This is a really portable bbq which is easy to carry anywhere (especially in its specially designed bag), it is easy to set-up, gets cool quickly and easy to clean. One can set it up on any small fixed and sturdy table.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Jason N

Jason NSt clair

Great BBQ does the job

Have had this BBQ over the christmas, New year and Aus day celebrations. Performed as expected. The design could have been optimised a little as the oil drip tray can hit the lid (on full open) if not screwed on all the way which reduces the amount of air intake. Steam can also find its way into the thermometer housing if you are not careful.

Worth it for the month but you get what you pay for.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Andrea B.asked

hello, we have just bought the single burner smallest ziggy.
we put the solid cast iron plate in, and put one of alsis split chooks in. normally I bake that at 180 for 45 mins in a small oven in a ceramic dish.
I used the same ceramic dish in bbq, on a low raised cake airer, so as not to burn.
I cooked with a closed lid.
could not get it lower than 180

however on the ziggy it took nearly an hour and was raw on the upper side and dry on the underside.
Q - would a bowl of water make the heating more even. and lower the temp?
Q - perhaps cooking with the solid cast iron plate was a problem closed lid?
although we do this with our other bbq with great results.
Q - I am concerned that I cannot get the bbq lower than 170 without turning off the heat.
thinking maybe I should hae purchased a baby q, less drama and fiddling.

Robyn5

Andrea B. I have been using my Ziggy (single burner) since October'19 and love it. I do not have a solid cast iron plate so do all my cooking on the grill it comes with. I have cooked cakes, roasts, Christmas turkey roll and they have all been cooked beautifully. I think the trick is to place what you are cooking on a rack, sit it in a roasting dish and add water to the roaster. keep adding water during the cooking time. I have not had a problem with the thermometer but it takes a little bit of monitoring to keep the temperature at the constant heat required. I think you will fill it will be easier to control by using the grill plate instead of the solid cast iron plate. Hope this helps. I could not be happier with my ziggy.

Rexhed

Rexhedasked

I have one of these in the box and want to know whether i should open it or take it back to the store

Joe R

Joe Rasked

We've just bought a Ziggy portable BBQ & am having a problem in that the bottom of what we're cooking is cooking too fast (turning to charcoal) but the rest of the meal is almost rare. Any suggestions?

James

This happens when cooking butterfly chickens, etc. It's practically impossible because the heat adjustment on the Ziggy hardly works, it's either hot or hot. I used to turn the gas bottle down a bit which is very difficult and I don't think you're technically supposed to do that. A great product concept but lacks enough testing to make it a great product.

Andrea B.

h dear. yes i just posted the same comment. dry on the bottom, raw on the top after 55mins. and couldn't regulate the temp.

Get an answer from our members and Ziegler & Brown representatives