Ziegler & Brown Portable Grill

Ziegler & Brown Portable Grill

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

A gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But would you prefer a portable bbq or a freestanding one? What about LPG or natural gas? This buying guide will help answer your burning questions.

Read now

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (11) · No (7)
  • Safety

DannyC123

DannyC123Brisbane

Overrated, underheated

Have had this BBQ as part of our caravan outdoor set-up over the year - our only oven.
Regularly turns itself off, particularly when the lid is down and fails to get above 160 degrees.
Have managed to cook a handful of decent meals but overall certainly not worth the money

Purchased in December 2019 for A$350.00.

JulieC

JulieCCentral Queensland, QLD

Awesome bbq

Purchased the portable version with folding stand as it is used for camping. Best portable bbq I have owned and the way it can be secured on the stand is great when you gave little kids around. Highly recommend this brand

Purchased in August 2020.

Very disappointed

Purchased in February 2020 at Barbeques Galore for A$300.00.

Neil C

Neil CAU

Average BQ

Good to do roasts, but to cook steak unless ,you can't get enough heat on the grill plate by the time the steak has cooler on the outside its over done.

Purchased in September 2020 at Barbeques Galore.

Lee21Sydney, NSW

Poor Design and Quality

First one had manufacturing fault - BBQ Galore insisted on warranty claim even though still in box..
the Gease trap is poor design - seal continually falls off and when you open up the grease trap - the dome lid hits the grease trap, each time you open the dome.
Temperature guage has never worked.
Grill plate is one whole piece. We bought the flat half plate however, you can only sit it on top off the full grill plate and it doens't get hot enough - so that was a waste of money.
You can't clean inside the dome - as it wraps around the base/burner and you can't get to it.
We bought the legs. Lucky we had tools at home because they didn't quite fit and we had to bend the metal to make them fit.
I wouldn't recommend this product.

Purchased in February 2020 at Barbeques Galore for A$450.00.

Shezzie

ShezzieMid North Coast, NSW

Awsome BBQ! Sturdy and great quality!

Love our new BBQ, after looking into Webers and not being happy with the build quality or the material used (seemed very flimsy) we decided to go with a Zeigler & Brown.
It has great flame settings and you can cook a roast in it easily, also has a temp gage.
comes standard with the grill plates but in our package deal we got a bag, smoking chips and a flat plate - which is great for things like saucy kebabs etc.

Things i loved...

*Does not use alot of gas!
*Looks great
*Cooks great
*The whole product is made well and is very sturdy!
*Portable

Purchased in October 2019 at Barbeques Galore for A$349.00.

LorroSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a way to cook,versatility at it’s best

Although only purchased a week ago I have done roast lamb(medium)with roasted vegetables,2”thick porterhouse medium rare and Balmain bugs with marinated green prawns all of which have been great.I’m amazed at how quick the food cooks and cleaning is a breeze.
Thanks to BBQ’S Galore at Aspley for your service and advice.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$280.00.

Robyn5New South Wales

Loving my Ziggy single burner

Bought this bbq from our local Barbeques Galore, for home use mainly. (Great service given by Sam) Have cooked cakes, roast and many different meats including salmon. I have not had one failure yet. This bbq heats up quickly if you are wanting to roast and clean up is a breeze. I have not cooked meat inside on the stove top since purchasing my ziggy. Love it

Purchased in October 2019 at Barbeques Galore.

Mark Benjamin K.

Mark Benjamin K.Far North Queensland, QLD

Below Average

Purchased from BBQ Galore; unpacked and noticed manufacturing defect on Base. Didn't have much time due leaving on extended trip in Caravan. Returned it - got another (difficult process). Opened in shop- top was faulty. They got us a third and hit the road. Tried a roast chicken first up - temp gauge didn't work. so cooked on smell and skewers. Got sent a replacement gauge- will try today. This was only unit to fit in van boot so not too many options. The ring clips that hold cooker unit to base also failed 1st go - that is 4 of them. I think even the manufacturers would be ashamed. Cooking requires heat- not too difficult. I'd look for better options than this.

Purchased in September 2019 at Barbeques Galore for A$320.00.

T dani

T dani

Best BBQ Ever

Have owned other BBQS but none of them can compete with the Ziggy. Easy to clean and cooks perfectly every time. There is even a Facebook page to share recipes and hints.

Purchased in November 2018 at Barbeques Galore for A$439.00.

Damian

DamianHobart, TAS

I purchased one after discovering how good my friends one was

My girlfriends parents have a ziggy portable and I wouldn't purchase anything else in that segment. I was so impressed how well it cooked both roasting and grilling.
I purchased one and it did have an issue with it however it was fixed under warranty no questions asked which was a real credit to them.
I highly recommend ziggy barbeques particularly for use in a vehicle as the plate is one piece and doesn't fall out like the two piece ones competitors offer..

Purchased at Barbeques Galore for A$350.00.

James

JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Gift, Terrible BBQ! *Glad I didn’t pay for it*

• +4

Purchased in November 2018 at Barbeques Galore.

koos

koosSydney Surrounds, NSW

Gone back to Weber. The Zig just can't compete.

With the Ziggy:
The temperature knob on its own can't regulate to a perfect 180 - you need to fiddle with drip tray setting to get it right.
Cold spot near the front of the grill.
Cleaning under the hood is impossible. I decided to take out the screws holding the lid on. Snapped the first stud as it was too tight. Asked BBQ's Galore for advice, offered to send a tech out for a fee. Ended up removing and replacing the stud myself and put the thing on Gumtree. Condition almost like new and not a scratch, accessories include new cart, carry bag, full hotplate never used and pizza stone. No one wants it at $320. Half of what I paid for it. Might have to give it away, but maybe I'd prefer to trash it rather than give someone else the problem.

Can't clean it properly

the cleaning is the problem How do you clean the underside of the lid it is impossibleif you have the lid open you can only clean about 20% of it and of course if it is closed you can't clean it at all it is easy to clean under the burners etc but not under the lid

Purchased at Barbeques Galore for A$588.00.

Spurwing

SpurwingNortheast, VIC

The perfect Barby

Great for cooking roasts, baking, grilling,.
The BBQ is easy to clean, plates are easy to remove, has a great drip tray system.
We use it while caravaning travels well, can use it in any weather, great wind resistance.
Cooks evenly, with lid open or closed, great rig.

Purchased in March 2018 at Barbeques Galore for A$450.00.

Tim

TimMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best portable BBQ I have owned!

The heat on the full cast iron plate is perfect no hot spots or cold spots!
Windproof too which is great when camping and hot enough to cook with the lid up like a hotplate or when on low shut the lid for the most tender succulent meats.
The perfect BBQ for cooking with such versatility either fast for a quick bite or nice and slow for a treat.
Had a webber before, The Ziggy is so much better quality and more versatile!
10 stars.
Now I will be buying the 3 burner for home!!!!

Purchased in March 2019 at Barbeques Galore for A$399.00.

pebble

pebbleWA, 6530

Great for camping

Purchased in October 2017 at Barbeques Galore for A$322.95.

Wary

Wary

Disappointing

Not hot enough, steaks cook too slowly, the wok doesn't get hot enough and is only good for stewing. We spent $430 on the trivet, half hot plate etc....wasted our dough. DON'T buy one.

Purchased in January 2019 at Barbeques Galore for A$430.00.

Can live with out it

Bought a baby ziggy four months ago and not impressed poorly made and a problem to clean never been so disappointed with a BBQ before can not get the grease trap off and a screw which keeps the thermostat in place fell out while cleaning not a happy customer stay clear.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Bakpakka

BakpakkaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Build quality, range of accessories and purchase price were the standout features.

I love how portable this BBQ is for the limited space of our camper trailer. I bought the kit version with the carry bag, trivets and half grill plate. This version is great value for money. Set up is quick and easy and it's even heat and ability to cook with the hood down or up has produced great results with the meat we've cooked on it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

MTW

MTWasked

I’m having trouble screwing in the grease cup for the first time. It seems ultra tight and I don’t want to crash tread. Any advice?

Lorro

Have no issues with it,just do it slowly.

Lee21

We had to take the first bbq back due manufacturing error with grease trap/cup. It shouldn't be hard. When we finally got complete unit, grease cup screwed on easily. My advice is go to store and play with floor stock so you can see if your bbq is faulty- was only way we could work it out.

Andrea B.

Andrea B.asked

hello, we have just bought the single burner smallest ziggy.
we put the solid cast iron plate in, and put one of alsis split chooks in. normally I bake that at 180 for 45 mins in a small oven in a ceramic dish.
I used the same ceramic dish in bbq, on a low raised cake airer, so as not to burn.
I cooked with a closed lid.
could not get it lower than 180

however on the ziggy it took nearly an hour and was raw on the upper side and dry on the underside.
Q - would a bowl of water make the heating more even. and lower the temp?
Q - perhaps cooking with the solid cast iron plate was a problem closed lid?
although we do this with our other bbq with great results.
Q - I am concerned that I cannot get the bbq lower than 170 without turning off the heat.
thinking maybe I should hae purchased a baby q, less drama and fiddling.

Robyn5

Andrea B. I have been using my Ziggy (single burner) since October'19 and love it. I do not have a solid cast iron plate so do all my cooking on the grill it comes with. I have cooked cakes, roasts, Christmas turkey roll and they have all been cooked beautifully. I think the trick is to place what you are cooking on a rack, sit it in a roasting dish and add water to the roaster. keep adding water during the cooking time. I have not had a problem with the thermometer but it takes a little bit of monitoring to keep the temperature at the constant heat required. I think you will fill it will be easier to control by using the grill plate instead of the solid cast iron plate. Hope this helps. I could not be happier with my ziggy.

Rexhed

Rexhedasked

I have one of these in the box and want to know whether i should open it or take it back to the store

CategoryGas BBQs
Price (RRP) A$349.00
TypePortable
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast Iron
FeaturesGrill, Hooded, Rotisserie Compatible, Temperature Gauge and Warming Rack
Colour / FinishRed
Dimensions 415 x 675 x 460 mm
Gas TypeLPG and Natural Gas (conversion kit)
Number of Burners/Zones 1