Ziegler & Brown Triple Grill

Ziegler & Brown Triple Grill

LP Gas and Natural Gas

See the Best Gas BBQs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

The best food you will have on the Ziggy!

My husband cooks all sorts of meat on the ‘Ziggy’ everything always tastes better on there it’s easy to clean and start ignition, uses minimal gas and looks stylish! We love it even for a big family with 4 adult kids and their partners does the job!

Purchased in September 2017 at Barbeques Galore for $610.00.

Don’t go there

Worst $1000 I’ve ever spent. Just collecting dust now. Wont seer a steak. Only heat is in the centre of the plates. Seer one side of the steak then the other side on a different plate, as all the heat is gone. Ive gone back to a $160 bunnings special. Zeigler doest have the heat to cook for 3 people. As only half of the centre plate gets hot. But rappidly loses it.

Purchased in March 2015 at Barbeques Galore for $1,000.00.

Wish I had stuck with a Weber

I purchased this BBQ at Christmas time 2018, and just wish I had stuck with a Weber. When you light the BBQ, the first burner has flames that come out the front of the BBQ and burn the temperature regulator knob. I have emailed them 3 times and spoken to barbecues galore twice and have only ever received one response telling me they would forward the problem to the appropriate department. Weber has amazing post purchase support. The grilling plates are also very average quality. I wish I had never purchased a Ziegler and brown BBQ.

Purchased in December 2018 for $900.00.

Awesome BBQ

Great BBQ. Cooks Pork and Crackle to perfection!! Perfect bench top size and burner size just right for a family of 4. Nice and easy to clean. We love it :)

Purchased in December 2018.

Great BBQ

Overall this is a really cool BBQ and we love it.
Technically I probably should have a bigger BBQ, I could do with more space when entertaining large gatherings, but this BBQ has slightly more space than the biggest size WeberQ.
The grill is very chunky and has less bars, and bigger, than the WeberQ's. It also has large block-out pieces above the burners which can make it uneven but you get used to this.
The construction is thermoplastic and aluminium so it will never rust or fall apart, which is what put me off buying the old "Tin box" 6-burner barbecues that never last more than a few years.
Natural gas is great for saving money, no more $45 for 8kg of gas!

Additional notes:
I cook chicken, steak, bacon, etc on the BBQ.
I've had difficulty cleaning it in the past but mainly because I wasn't using a degreaser.
I don't know fully how it copes with weather because mine is undercover, but it's made of materials that will not rust.
Like usual, the thermometer eventually got moisture inside it, but it works perfectly.

Purchased in April 2018 for $650.00.

Hot plates deserve a 1

I’m now on my 3rd set of hot plates in 4.5 years.

I am very careful with cleaning and oiling and they just don’t last. I get the same comments from BBq galore that I need to keep oil on, which just makes me think they know about issue and are told to stay to script.

After purchasing plates today I’m thinking of taking back and replacing BBQ.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Poorly made

One of the grills falls down on its corner into bbq. Very disappointed. My first siggy and last. The grills don't cook evenly. Heats up quick and not too bad for roasts and pizza. Just collecting dust now.
Gone back to my Weber "Q"

Purchased in October 2018 at Barbeques Galore for $800.00.

Love it!

Absolutely love this BBQ, it heats up nice and hot, cooks food thoroughly and evenly, easy to clean. Just awesome! Love it! Pizzas cook really well on it. We now follow a vegan diet but that doesn’t stop us from cooking some delicious meals on it.

Purchased in January 2017 at Barbeques Galore.

Even Heat DistributionYes

Great BBQ let down by trolley

BBQ is great cooks the best steaks and is a breeze to operate and clean but the trolley is flimsy at best wheels kept falling off had to glue wheels into trolley then wheels still didn't turn its like having a sports car with the motor out of the family sedan

Date PurchasedMar 2018

So close - yet so far - CHANGE THE DAM GRATES

I am a dedicated Ziggy purchaser. I have ;the single, double, triple and the awesome Turbo. The Triple has been a serious disappointment. Bought it with all the accessories - trolley, cover, warming tray, pizza plate, the lot! The cooking grates on the Triple are the worst ever. I brought the Triple and Turbo to America. Shortly after getting the Triple up and running, I noticed the cooking grates were rusting. RUSTING! Hard to believe in today's world, but sadly yes. On a trip back to Australia I went to the BBQ Galore store and complained. Promptly provided a new set of grates with a caution to season them with "nut oil" not olive. "She'll be apples then." Ha. No amount of seasoning will fix this problem of cheap grates. Less than three months after carefully seasoning the grates with hi-temp grape seed oil, Rust conquers cheap China metal! I'm selling it, if I can and going back to Weber.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

BBQ offers good performance but grill plate quality is rubbish

Purchased my Z&B triple burner bbq about a year ago.
Really love its overall performance. Heats up well & great for pizza, steaks & Roasts, however the grill plates are really awful. They are starting to rust badly & pieces of rusted cast iron peeling off. I was told that the grills were of a superior quality & not the poor quality Chinease Bunnings crap. This is totally wrong. The grills are very poor quality. Probably outside any warranty period but I’m sharing this as a warning to other potential purchasers.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
I received a call from the retailer where I purchased this bbq. They have advised me that the cast iron hotplate & grills wil all be replaced under the Z&B warranty. Fantastic after sales service from a quality manufacturer. I now believe my rating should be changed to a 5 star rating Cheers !!

Hasn’t stood the test of time

I bought the triple grill about a year ago with high hopes, but unfortunately it’s already looking worn and tired after minimal use.

I was drawn to the aesthetics of the triple grill as much as I was to the functionality. For a barbecue that has won design awards it is very disappointing that it now looks like I picked it up from a junkyard after only a year.

I even splurged for the matching cover however the materials seems to be unsuitable as it wore a dull spot into the lid of the barbecue. This then seemed to spread and now the entire unit looks just awful. In contrast, my near 30 year old Weber kettle still shines up looking almost new.

Z&B are obviously aware of this as their warranty explicitly excludes fading or discolouration. How a known fault can be legally excluded from a warranty is beyond me. They didn’t even bother responding to my email when I contacted them regarding the poor condition of the unit.

From a cooking perspective it is quite good. Heats up fast and maintains temperature well. Although there is a large cold spot at the front.

Cleaning the inside of the unit is difficult as the triple burners make it impossible to wipe it down and are not easily removable.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Burner Bolts Dripping Oil

After using the new triple grill I noticed oil laying on the plastic cart under the BBQ area. The bolts that hold the burners in the Dome leak oil through them .The bolts don't seem to be sealed so when you start cooking the bolts drip meat and fat oil around the base. Have sent on e-mails to supplier but looks like in other product reviews these guys don't like communicating back when you have any issues.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Easy to use

Had an old bbq that was incredibly hard to use, and was hardly ever used. We recently got a ziegler and have used it many times a week. So simple to use, great quality and very easy to clean. Holds up very well against wind. Christmas is gonna be great this year!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

It's not a Weber and that is a good thing.

I had been shopping for a weber for a few months and then I came across this Z & B. I decided to with this bbq instead of the weber as I really liked that you could control the temperate and had the option to cook with the lid up. Also I really hated the weber design of folding the pastic tables into the bbq. Here they slip out and can be dropped down. I have had it now for 7 months and so here a the positives:

Quick to get to high temperate. 4 minutes and you are at 250C.
The Red hood is still in great shape and I dont use a cover and have it out in the QLD sun all day.
Knobs still working great
Fire box is easy to clean. Set it on high and let it cool down and then get a cheapo spatula and scrape it down into the drip tray. Done on 10 minutes
During this last 7 months I would bbq 2 -3 times a week on average and used 3 bottles of 9kg lpg gas.

The annoying things
-Grease tray is not large enough. It fills up fast and you have to buy this small tin containers to fit them in. At $1 each it get expensive.
-The way first time start is not working as good anymore. It not takes a few times to get it going.
-The parts of the firebox that hold up the grills have dulled down so that on the left side the grill sits lower then the other 2 grills. Only makes a big issue when setting down pans as you want an even surface.
- The cooling rack (optional accessory for $70) sits too low so you cannot slide anything bigger than 6 inch under it before it gets stuck.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Fantastic

It is a great product to use. easy and a large space to cook a whole meal.
With a custom steel plate, it can be a teppanyaki stove and can be used to cook fried rice and all the other dishes.
It has a trap to collect oils, however it often overflows easily. need to have a backup to catch spilling oils

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Cooks well but there are some problems

The 3 burner cooks steaks, roasts and even frozen items you would oven bake very well.
I have not had any heat issues although I am in the Northern Territory so evening temps have not been lower than 25 since purchase.
Cart wheels are rubbish however what do you expect from China although for $250 you would think they should be better. The rest of the cart is satisfactory and at least mostly steel.
My complaint is the center burner control knob on mine failed out of the box, second one lasted only a month or so. The small spring plate inside it breaks so the knob is loose on the spindle. Third one hasn't been used yet.
Don't bother with the trivet for fry pans as it won't get hot enough, wok may be better. I suggest to use the centre roast dish for eggs and crispy bacon although I have not used it for that purpose yet.
Roast dish is also good for cooking marinated pork ribs which I used to cook in fry pan on old BBQ with side burner.
No issues with scratching grill plates. Bloke from store suggested putting them in dishwasher to clean but I haven't. I clean before each use with hot water, detergent and a normal plastic bristle washing up brush then rinse off with hose. Seems to do the job, I use spray on olive oil on grills if cooking crumbed chicken pieces. Steaks etc don't stick if you put them on once temp hits 250. I mostly cook with lid down. The rest of the BBQ is easy enough to clean, I hose out and then use to dry it. Only time will tell on quality of remaining components to handle heat and sun.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great bbq trolley rubbish

Bbq is very good trolley is rubbish small wheels keep falling off had to drill hole and bolt through frame thought that would work but no after awhile wheels unscrew through plastic block ajd fall off that i hve bolted tricked me again will hve to glue in place it won't get me

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great BBQ/Oven

Triple Grill performs well for my style of cooking, Has great temperature control and is a miser on the gas, will have to take care of hot plates etc as quite heavy and easy to scratch/mark, as for the mobile cart............Rubbish! small castor wheels continuously fall off as they only drop in (and out) and I have come quite close to personal injury or damage to the grill on several occasions already, they will require fixing/fastening or replacing. Extra condiment rack is too large but still quite handy. All considered a good package but don't bother with the trolley it is quite dangerous.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Piece of Crap

I've used a lot of BBQ's and this one is definitely the worst I've ever had the misfortune to use.

Don't get conned by the salesmen at BBQs Galore - it's their own badly designed product - buy the Webber instead.

If you want a traditional BBQ with a hot plate, forget about buying the Ziegler - you can't get the plate hot enough to cook eggs, bacon and other food that is impossible to cook on a grill.

There must be a heap of BBQ Galore employees on here commenting, because there's no way anyone with any knowledge of BBQing would say the Ziegler is any good.

Don't buy one, you'll be severely disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2016