Zodiac AX10 Activ

Zodiac AX10 Activ

See the Best Suction Pool Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Zodiac

• Pool Size

In the bin warning do not buy this item

Purchased in July 2019 for $700.00.

Mrs H
Mrs HSydney, NSW

Glad found this

Thankyou every one,
I was prepared to go purchase this week AX10 so glad I read reviews...
Will definitely NOT WASTE my hard earned $$$.
My Zodiac G2 has worn out and not sure what to purchase as that always had troubles , cleaning corners and steps and has stopped sucking, changed hoses, diaphragm etc.
Any advise on what to purchase would be great

Pool Size Large
Jon BSouth East Queensland, QLD

It does not get stuck - but does need more consumables.

Purchased in January 2019.

Jon B

Thank you for that suggestion - I did actually claim my first set of tracks on warranty and I did not find this process too bad.

Linz

Very average cleaner for the price

Purchased in April 2019 for $795.00.

Diane H.
Diane H.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Crap product keeps breaking down

Purchased in May 2019 for $750.00.

Mike S
Mike SPerth, WA

Very effective, needs regular refurbishment.

Keeps our pool very clean, does ledges, walls and the first couple of steps. Works well on medium and high pump speeds. Haven't had problems with leaves and small twigs, bigger stuff will get stuck as with most suction cleaners. The pool is cleaner (walls scrubbed etc.) than with our previous Hayward Pool Vac. suction cleaner

Tracks last 12 months on high pump speed, more on medium (fibreglass pool). You need to buy a tune-up kit (which includes tracks, gears etc) every 12-24 months depending on use @ $120, so do your own sums. I'm very happy with it, given that all pool cleaners are flawed in one way or another.

Purchased in November 2019.

ChedoSydney, NSW

Very average

This cleaner is only good for tiny leaves and dirt. It jams up the minute a large leaf gets in its way. It doesn’t do any steps or ledges which means they all need to be done by hand. Also after just 2 years of ownership, it has now broken. I will not be replacing with the same.

Purchased in September 2018.

Hi,
This unit is approx 4-6months out of warranty as it came bundled with our pool. I would’ve hoped it lasted longer than 2.5years

Russell Hughes
Russell HughesWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Not working after 6 months

Absolute rubbish, after 6 months the drive lugs on the tracks and the gears were worn out. Cleaner is only good for removing dust any other leafy material becomes stuck and requires cleaning. I phoned Zodiac to ask some advice after a 45 minute wait they answered and than I was cut off. So I decided to send an email,could not find their contact details on the web so next was live chat. I asked for a rep to give me a call and for their email address .Sent an email asking for a phone call and outlined my problem. This was 3 days ago i have not been contacted by Zodiac.I have had pools for over 30 years and this AX10 is by far the biggest waste of money I have ever had.

Purchased in June 2020.

Gavin stubbs
Gavin stubbsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolute rubbish

Absolute piece of rubbish. For this to work well your pool will need to have no steps or benches, seats of any kind and have no trees anywhere nearby. Flow controller was the same on all settings hose curls up and machine spends more time spinning around than actually moving around the pool. Just my opinion

Purchased in December 2020 at Clark Rubber for $799.00.

Coast PHGold Coast

Good but Flawed Machine

Have been using the AX10 for nearly 2 years without any mechanical issues. It works at all 3 pump speeds, climbing the walls on the 2 higher speed settings. It cleans the dust and small leaves effectively, but it gets clogged fairly regularly by anything larger. We have foxtail palms near the pool and the longer bits of frond that blow into the pool often result in the cleaner stopping. Easy enough to pull the offending debris from the workings without having to dismantle, but still a nuisance. So... a good cleaner if you only have bushes near your pool, but will likely require regular attention if there are palms nearby, for example.

Purchased in January 2019.

Fluidra AustraliaZodiac

Not a problem Coast thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Regards,
Fluidra Case Management Team

Dawne
DawneSydney, NSW

Gets clogged up all the time!!

I bought this cleaner a few weeks ago. Recommended by salesman. Gets clogged with gum leaves several times EVERY day. Disappointed. Track also fell off day 2. When working well it scoots around the pool but the silly paddles in the mechanism do not let some gum leaves through. Would not have bought it if honestly advised.

Purchased in October 2020 for $800.00.

AnthonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Only cleans dust

I purchased this cleaner just after I purchased a variable rpm pump. The pool shop guy never advised me on any issues with running this cleaner with a variable rpm pump. But its useless, unless the pump is running at high rpm (using more power) the cleaner hardly moves. Then as soon as it (tries) to pick up gum leaves, it clogs up. Is there a pool cleaner on the market, that picks up gum leaves?

Purchased in June 2019.

Hello

Anthony

Is there anyone there to assist?

David
DavidSydney, NSW

Good for clean pools.............

This device does a good job picking up dust, jacaranda leaves and grit from the pool floor, but easily clogs with even small eucalyptus leaves. With my variable speed pump it will only work on the high speed which is OK as the cleaner clogs every 30 minutes or so , hence I only run it supervised when the sun is out and the power is free.

Purchased in January 2020 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for $649.00.

Dean J.North Queensland, QLD

Not very good if you have a Variable speed pump

Purchased in December 2018 at Twin Cities Pool Supplies for $700.00.

LucyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Not Happy Jan

We purchased this cleaner in April 2019. In early 2020 we had to replace the treads as they kept coming off and the cleaner would not run. This cost us about $60 as the product was out of warranty already. The problem is still occurring at least once a day and sometimes more than once a day. I have contacted Zodiac so am waiting to hear back from them. Considering the price of this pool cleaner I don't think this issue is acceptable. At this stage I wouldn't recommend this pool cleaner to anyone.

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,000.00.

Derek S.asked

I have had the AX10 just over 5 months and noticed the tracks had become dislodged, I re-aligned them but after a couple of weeks they came off again and I have noticed that on one side of the rubber tracks they are worn. Are the tracks still covered under the warranty?

Linz

Hi Derek. I’ve replaced my rubber tracks several times as they frequently wear out. I’ve noticed the unit starts to climb the walls then when it can’t go any higher, the tracks just spin against the wall wearing them down. I don’t think this is how it’s designed to operate. I’d contact Zodiac and ask them for some new tracks, and also an explanation as to why they need replacing after 5 months. Nothing of that magnitude on a brand new appliance should need replacing so quickly. It’s an issue of merchantable quality under the National Consumer Law.

Derek S.

Thanks Linz, just got in touch with them on line and their customer service was fantastic, thanks for your advice.

Hey Derek,

If you're happy with our service, we would be incredibly grateful if you could also take a couple of minutes to write a quick Google review for us. This will allow us to improve our service and let others recognise the value we provide (also you would make our customer service agent very happy ). To submit your review, simply click the link below: https://g.page/r/Cb5XiFcjXZbBEAE/review

Also, just some helpful tips if in the future this re-occurs:
Tracks coming off are generally a result of suction being too high. You can easily check if the cleaner is receiving the correct amount of suction by counting how long it takes for 10 revolutions of the wheels. One of the wheels will have a yellow indicator to make counting this easy. Ideally, 10 revolutions should take 20 to 25 seconds. If it takes less than 20 seconds it indicates the flow is too high and should be reduced. If it takes more than 26 seconds, increase the flow to the cleaner. You can adjust the flow to the cleaner through the use of the included AD valve. if the tracks have only recently begun to come off they may be worn and require replacing. you can check the tongue underneath the track, if this has worn away then it is likely they will need replacing.

Many thanks,
Zodiac & Astral Pool/Fluidra Support

Gary E
Gary Easked

HI I have just bought a AX10 we seem to have the pump flow right but it is unable to climb the walls very much can you give me any ideas to get it climbing
Garry E

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your inquiry. First you have to ensure the flow is correct by counting wheel speed. Count how long 10 rotations take (while submerged with the pump on). You can use the indicator on one of the wheels to help keep track of position. if flow is too low, the cleaner will not have enough suction and traction to continue to climb the walls. change the AD flow valve to setting 3 to increase flow. (this is a balancing act) too much flow will cause it to operate too fast. Also, ensure the pools surface is not covered in algae as this slippery surface will affect the cleaner’s traction.

If you need further assistance, we can be reached at the live chat located on this page during 9am-5pm Mon to Fri: https://www.zodiac.com.au/service-my-product

Regards,
Zodiac & Astral Pool/Fluidra Support

Dean J.asked

I have an Ax10 which is about 3 months off it’s warranty period of 2 years. It has been fully rebuilt in Jan this year. Now it is moving very very slowly, gets stuck constantly on steps, won’t climb walls. I have a variable speed pump that starts up at 2850rpm then will slow down to clean mode which runs at 1850rpm.
When I put the pump in boost the cleaner works fine, however when Pump in clean mode it hardly moves. It used to work but now wont. Any ideas?

Lucy

We had a similar problem and found that replacing the tracks fixed the problem.

Dean J.

Hi Lucy, the tracks were pretty much brand new, I have found the answer though. There is a yellow throat adapter under the cleaner that can be removed to allow more water through, I removed that and it made a little bit of difference to the speed, but my main problem was the variable speed pump rpm was too low when it was in normal run mode. The increased the speed to the manufacturer settings of 2150rpm and now its way better. The timing of the tracks is about 28 seconds, which is a bit slow, but I don’t want to speed the pump up anymore, kind of defeats having a variable speed pump.

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives

CategorySuction Pool Cleaners