Zodiac AX10 Activ

Zodiac AX10 Activ

Never again, even if they paid me

Had bought the unit for my pool, it started having issues after 10 months, returned for repair three times, same issue, drive gear failure. Zodiac then looked at it and said that it had been exposed to chlorine so the warranty claim is invalid. It’s in a swimming pool, of course it’s going to be exposed to chlorine. Even though I had followed the maintenance instructions to the letter, they told me too bad. I am going back to the cheaper pool cleaner from Bunnings as the last one from there lasted four years with no issues. Save your money, do not buy this machine.

Purchased in October 2017 at pool mart for $800.00.

Noise Level
Pool Size Average
Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning

Better than most

Pretty good design and it works better than several other cleaners we have tried. I like the scrubbing action of the underside sweepers. This has helped keep our pebblecrete pool surface free of dirt and algae. Our pool catches a lot of eucalyptus leaves and some twigs, which unfortunately often choke it. On the plus side, it is easy to open and clear when this happens and to be fair, very few cleaners cope better anyway. It effortlessly climbs walls and rarely gets stuck, if it hasn't actually jammed. We've had this for about a year and haven't had to replace any parts yet, so pretty happy overall.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Thanks for the review, Mike. Happy Swimming.

Bad experience

Very bad experience I don’t recommended any one to buy this product.
Stop working all the time and staying at the bottom with out any movement
Bought from local pool shop

So be careful buying this product
Very bad very bad very bad very bad......
Very bad very bad experiences ver y bad

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi, Your Unit would be under warranty going from the date of your Review. May I ask if you have called us for help? Thanks.

Constantly jams

This pool cleaner is unfit for purpose. It jams regularly on small leaves.I have tried various pump pressures without any success. I previously had a Hayward poolvac XL, which was a much better claener but was talked into replacing it with the Zodiac when the Hayward started to wear out.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
HI Andrew. Sorry to hear you have had these issues. May I ask if you have spoken with our Customer Care team?On experiencing the regular problems with the cleaner, I jumped onto the Zodiac website to find out how to resolve the problems. The Zodiac website nominates: "Should you have a product issue your first point of contact should be the retailer that sold you the product. Many of the calls our After Sales team receives relate to installation issues that should be addressed by the retailer. If there is a genuine issue with the product and you need to make a warranty claim call Zodiac Australia Customer Service" From this it clearly apparent to me that Zodiac would not assist me unless I had exhausted options of resolving the problem with the retailer. Accordingly I have had numerous discussions with the retailer, including demonstrating to them the problems and confirming correct installation. The retailer has now accepted the cleaner as a return and arranged for another brand cleaner for me.

Excellent! I'm very happy with the AX10. Does a great job and even climbs walls!

Delighted with the AX10. I've been doing all the vacuuming myself since we bought the house, although there was a pump operated cleaner already there. It was a cleaner designed to look like a Humvee 4WD! Used a very power hungry pump and was useless as it never did a proper job. So when I put solar heating on, I decided to get one of these new suction cleaners. Never looked back! It was simple to install. I even went to the bother of checking the flow by measuring the wheel rotations as it said. Was bang on the default setting and I had it working in about 10 minutes. Does the pool beautifully and doesn't miss any corners! My only disappointment is that when I went to register it, I discovered a promotion for a potential $200 cash back. I tried it out and I won/earned? a $150 cash back, so was really excited, until a couple of days later when Zodiac came back and said mine was ineligible, as I bought the machine on line. I checked the T&Cs and the condition was there deep in the fine print. Very disillusioned. Why not have a form of cash back promotion for online purchases too?? I'm not in a city which is well endowed with bricks and mortar suppliers. Not happy. Although I am happy with the AX10. I would certainly recommend the machine, just not necessarily the promotions run by the Company!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Wombat, Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Can you please Dm your email address? Thanks.Hi, What does Dm mean please?Direct message!

I do not know what to expect next

This product has become faulty after 5 months. The exact facts are that one of the rubber bands on one of the sides is partially coming off and blocking those wheels that should turn.
I have engaged with the company, as the product carries 2 years warranty. They have asked me for proof of purchase (but I had already registered in December in their website, hence what do they do with the data????), and so I gave it to them. All of these was done by email, but never got a reply, hence I rang and managed to talk to a person, who was helpful and told me that a new set would be sent to my home.
That is fine, but I asked if in the next 5 months it will happen again. Then I was asked if the product is left constantly in the pool, Yes, I used to have a kreepy krauly and was always in, except when we used to swim in summer.
The answer was that rubber can change if left too much in water... well, why that is not stated in the manual?
Rubber and its compound will change with temperature and alkalis or acidity levels, I understand that, I am an engineer.... how was this design in the first place and why there aren't any clear caveats in the manual??? A company would design and give 2 years warranty so every 5 months you need to ring and get a spare set of rubber bands? Something does not click here...
Sadly the product is 10 out of 10 when it works, but I have lost the trust and really do not know what to expect.
I cannot be taking the thing out of water every day, had I known this was the way the product must be used, I would have never bought it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Richard. We can certainly appreciate that you would be concerned about your Product and the fault that you have experienced. We hope that the continued use and 10/10 performance can restore your faith in the product. We do recognise the question you are asking though. Water Chemistry is very important as if there are certain chemicals that are too high, they can damage or soften the parts. If you would like to discuss the issues any further, please call us on 1300 763 021, Thank you.

Best pool cleaner I’ve ever had

After reading some bad reviews, I weighed it up and went for the AX10. After setting up, I had it stop working after 5min , discovered I needed to clean the filter on the pump itself. After that the pool went from cloudy green to perfect and clear overnight. I have never had the pool look so good all the time. I wish I could upload photos before and after to show the difference. I leave the AX10 full time in the pool and only take out when we are using the pool. I believe that the most important part is to make sure you follow the instructions with setting up and you won’t have the problems that are mentioned in the bad reviews. Oh and by the way, I got my $50 back too!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi, Thanks for the 5 start review. Glad you were able to take advantage of the Cash back offer also, Happy Swimming!

Happy so far

Just purchased my AX10. I let it loose on a pool with a ton of leaves in it. I had to clear out blockages every few hours but it eventually got through it all and the pool looks great now. It was a tad expensive, but I think it is worth the money since it is getting in the corners and up the sides of my pool.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi, Thank you for stopping by and leaving this review for the AX10, Happy Swimming

Pool floor and walls have never looked so clean!

I manually cleaned the pool every weekend in summer and every fortnight in winter. After having the Zodiac AX10 in the pool for a week the pool has never looked cleaner. I am amazed at how well this works. I simply put the hose together put it in the pool and away it went. No mucking around at all. It climbs the walls and cleans them with no problems at all. It will sometimes get on to the steps but it will not climb up and onto the steps as it reaches the top of the step and then turns around.
Absolutely no complaints so far and it has certainly exceeded what I was expecting.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Thank you for your 5 star review, Happy Swimming!

Poor Promotional Offer T&C Details

Having always had a Zodiac suction cleaner, the last being the T5 (which worked well) and as it requires replacement I did my research into what Zodiac had to offer as a replacement. I decided to buy the AX10 (over the phone) which is fantastic and I could not be any happier. However, Zodiac won't honour the Cashback promotional offer saying it was "Online" purchase. When contacting Zodiac I repeatedly spoken over by the Customer Service representative who was additionally very rude. The T&C's do not reference or exclude purchases may over the phone. This is poor mis-representation on Zodiac's behalf.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Stewart, We are glad to hear that the Cleaner is working well for you. If you would like to email your concerns regarding the Cashback, we can look into this further for you. Please send your details to apac.aftersales@zodiac.com - Thanks.Please provide me with a number and name who will resolve my issue as I do not wish to get into an email debate.Hi Stewart, There a number of staff members who look at these enquiries. All you need to do is mention this conversation and that we asked you to email and we will take it from there. Our phone is 1300 763 021, Thanks.

Easy and simple to install

I have an irregular shaped pool (though basically rectangular in shape) with a swim out 'beach' area. Covers the pool well (especially the walls). Has not become stuck anywhere unlike the previous Creepy Crawly. Is quiet. Don't have many leaves in pool but it has stopped once or twice when it picked up a leaf - however, was easily restarted.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Ian, Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

AX10

A friend has had the MX8 for 6 years now, she hasn't had much trouble with it just replaced the gearbox's and tracks about a year ago so I thought I would give it a try. I found the AX10 for the same price online, Quite impressed on the size of leaves and bark it picks up, twigs are a big problem though. Lots of reviews say they are having trouble with climbing walls, if you take the time with setup ( watch YouTube ) and get the flow correct it loves to climb walls. Time will tell how good it really is, I'm quite happy so far

Good...for 5 mins!

Bought an ax10 in october, up until now I've always bought cheap cleaners but this time i thought I'd go a bit more expensive thinking i would be happier...nope. It worked for about5 mins and i had a big smile on my face but then I'd started to slow, not climb the wall and then just its just stopped in the middle of the pool. A technician came out and with it being brand new just packed it up and swapped out. The new one arrived and i plugged it in on Wednesday, again, a big smile on my face. It climbed the walls, cleaned the pool, nice and quiet, lovely!!! for about 10mins, then it proceeded to stiffen up, slow down, and stop. Very disheartened, what i paid is alot of money for me. There is very little debris or sand in the pool, the suction from the pump is good, plus the ax10 is supposedly designed to run on lower suction. I was better off with the cheap ones I've previously bought, even if they were noisy, they at least lasted more than 10mins at a time. Oh, and to top it all off, the exact same thing happened to me as the review from yesme regarding the $50 cash back.

Zodiac AX10 cash back not truthful from Zodiac

I have purchased 3 Zodiac products over 20 years with the first one suction cleaner lasting over 17 years with replacing different bits and pieces. The 2nd one a Zodiac G2 lasted 3 years with its parts not lasting very long at all in comparison to my first Zodiac cleaner.

SO this time I went for a Zodiac AX10 which they were offering a cash back on, which does not have a suction diafram.

I purchased from my local store over the phone and said I would pick up the next day, the store sent me an email and a link to pay for the AX10 which I did. I couldn't get to the store as they close at 4pm. Picked it up the next day at 10am from the store front.

Now Zodiac don't want to pay my $50 cash back because they said I did an ONLINE store purchase which is not allowed in the T & C's. Pretty bad customer service and how many customers who buy their products will be caught out.

The only thing I did online was pay via a link which they emailed me the invoice.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Yesme, Thank you for reaching out. Could you please PM your number so we can contact you and sort this out.Hi Yesme, just want to follow up regarding this post from a few weeks back. Have you installed the product since posting this review? Please kindly PM your details or email apac.aftersales@zodiac.com. Regards, Zodiac.

ZODIAC AX10

Our Zodiac G3 was 8 years old with some parts being replaced over that period,It was time to replace it and I wasn't certain about buying the same as what we have had or try something different. So far I am happy with the way the AX10 cleans , it also has better coverage over the G3 as the G3 had areas it would miss. I am aware the parts are much more expensive but I hope that they are not needed on a regular basis. At this stage being brand new I am happy to give it 5 stars. Ask in 2 years time?

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Zed, Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!!!Update, The cleaner was working great until I woke up to find 1 of the tracks had come off on the weekend, I refitted it and the following day both had come off 1 wheel on each side. It feels as though the tracks are now too loose and no longer a nice fit. 4 months old and the tracks are falling off is not a good sign for me. Speed is in the middle of the desired range and it doesn't have to clean any debris at all?HI Zed, Sorry to hear that you had this issue. We can most certainly get this sorted for you. Could we ask that you call us on 1300 763 021 and mention we asked to call? Or you can PM your details. Thanks.

Great product (just little costly to maintain)

Purchased mx8 before, used for around 2 years and swapped to few other brands thought I could get away with the expensive tune up kit, guess what? Those other brands gave me more headache than before, the Dolphin & Hayward were terrible & unreliable. In the end saw Zodiac have this newer AX10 which is same as mx8 with scrabbles at the bottom. very happy with the result. Highly recommended but just bare in mind you need to have tune up kit after a year or slightly more. (without the tune up kit my previous mx8 track kept coming off the wheels) And these tune up kits don't come cheap ($150-$300 depending on the parts)

Date PurchasedMar 2017
HI GGAJ, thank for your 4-star review, Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase. Happy Swimming.

Zodiac AX10 Pool Cleaner

I purchased a Zodiac AX10 pool cleaner in December 2016 and it is fantastic. It is a really great pool cleaner, very happy with it. I have a large above ground pool 11mtr x 5mtrs and the curve between the walls and floor is really acute, almost a right angle. The Zodiac doesn’t care and goes up the walls and down again with ease. Covers the whole pool and really does a great job. I also like the click in hoses. They don't come apart.

My pool is surrounded by trees and gets heaps of leaves so I recently purchased the in-line leaf catcher and it also does a good job.

I have had other pool cleaners before and they just haven’t been any good. Really happy with the AX10 and can recommend it to anyone.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Neil. Thank you for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

I have just purchased and installed a Zodiac AX10 pool cleaner, it works really well but how do i stop it from climbing so high on the walls as it nearly comes out the pool and starts taking in air
Unfortunately you can’t, there is no way to set it, it was part of the reason our pool pump packed in as an air pocket locked up the impeller.HI Brendon, May I ask if you have checked the suction level of the pool? Thanks.

Hi. We have just purchased the AX10 and love it so far. It cleans the bottom of our pool beautifully. The only thing is it won't climb the walls of our recently tiled kidney shaped pool. We borrowed next door neighbours Dolphin which is a robot and doesn't rely on suction to make it move and that didn't climb our walls either - even though it climbs the wall of the neighbours rectangle fibreglass pool. So it has nothing to do with lack of suction or the AX10 itself I'm thinking. It must either be the tiles and/or the curvature of our pool which is stopping the cleaners from climbing our walls. Any suggestions? I know with the Kreepy Krauly they offer a separate foot with dimpled cork inserts that help it to climb the tiled pool walls. Does the AX10 have anything like this for my issue?

I’ve had a Zodiac 10 since 2016. The rubber cleaners have stopped spinning, suction seems to be ok. I have noticed when I lift the cleaner to the surface , and the connection piece is raised out of the water it sucks in air. Is this normal or that is where I am loosing suction??

Similar listings