Zodiac AX10 Activ

• Large (5)
Gary

GarySouth East Queensland, QLD

Adequate but not reliable

Over the more than 2 years I have had brushes wear out, rubber tracks wear out and now one side will not rotate. I assume gears or bearing wear. I cannot find where I can get information on how best to repair without getting into excessive cost.

Purchased at Dad's Pool Shop.

Hi Gary,

If you'd like us to get in touch, could you please paste your review into an email and send it to productsupport.au@fluidra.com? I'll allocate your case and we'll contact you within 24 hours. Thanks!

Pool has never been so clean.

Purchased the Zodiac AX10 about a month ago so early days however I’m wrapt. After pissing around with crappy creepy crawlys from Bunnings that didn’t clean I decided to spend a bit extra on the Zodiac. It picks up leaves etc no problems and scrubs to pool surface walls etc as it goes. Highly recommend.

Purchased in January 2020 for $700.00.

Chris RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Started great, now next to no good

Purchased in May 2018 the AX10 was fantastic, best pool cleaner I had purchased. Now I have had to replace the tracks, the unit keeps turning to the left, will not climb the walls and the under body cleaning fins are not the best. I had a few issues attempting to contact supplier, however once contact made, the issues were resolved and the pool is clean again. It is a great pool cleaner.

Purchased in May 2018.

Chris R

Have spoken with company and technician sent to look at cleaner - problem resolved and pool is clean again. Thanks very much, great after sales service with this.

John P.Perth, WA

Keep your pool perfect and buy NO chemicals. My Zodiac AX10 is fantastic.

Purchased in January 2018 at Best Pool Supplies for $630.00.

Azztrix

The real deal. Works just as it should.

Purchased in September 2019 for $650.00.

ChristerSydney, NSW

After 25 years and half a dozen cleaners, this one is completey useless

Bought this yesterday and have adjusted the speed correctly. Today alone it has stopped 7 times due to average size gum leaves blocking the mechanism. Even when not blocked it runs right over small leaves without sucking them up. It seems like the spinning brushes actually pushed the debris away from the suction hole. With my old Barracuda the skimmer basket would fill up completely about once a day. The AX10 has been running all day (with me clearing the blockages several times) and the skimmer basket in only about a quarter full. It picks up almost nothing. I will call Zodiac tomorrow and demand a full refund

Purchased in January 2020 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Physical store for $699.00.

Terrible for long leaves

Jams up four to five times a week this cleaner won't work with long leaves as they jam the internal roater it works great on gum leaves small debris. This is a major flaw and I dont think Zodiac tested with all debris types so save your money and buy a cheaper suction unit. Make sure you tell the sales people what type of leaves are in your pool this will make or break the unit.

Purchased in April 2019 for $800.00.

Jay Lee

Jay LeePerth, WA

Much better than all previous cleaners

Having used more than 5 different pool cleaners over the past 10 years I am blown away at how much better this unit performs. I have had this unit for 2 years and it has not skipped a beat.

This doesn't clean 100% of the pool but covers far more than my previous T5 and Kreepy Krauly.

Purchased in October 2017 for $750.00.

Hopper

HopperSydney, NSW

Starts off good then turns to crap

Rubber tracks come off all the time, now doesn't climb walls. Avoid...still working through warranty claim. Overall a risky proposition. Body also is scratched up loads in a short period. Doubt it will last 5 years

Purchased in November 2018.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Hopper. Sorry to hear that you have had issues. May I ask if you would like our help with getting this sorted for you. Thanks.

Justin West

Justin WestGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Weak Tracks

Boutht a AX10 for about only 7 month, Normall use twice a week. The tracks started to Mis-located 3 weeks ago, both tracks came out of wheels when it started working, then the cleaner would spinning around in the pool.
Then after 2 weeks waiting, got a replacement track from retailer.

Purchased in October 2018.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Justin. Sorry to hear that you have had these issues. May I ask if you lodged a warranty claim with us?

Scott

ScottNorth Queensland, QLD

Good cleaner, not so good warrant claim

Purchased in October 2017 for $650.00.

Nic

Nicbrisbane

Finally - A Cleaner That Works

Purchased in February 2019.

Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!!!

The best pool cleaner I have used. Early days, couldn’t be happier, great unit.

Picks up everything that it should, small tree twigs, leaves and debris. Small palm font bits as well. The pool is 100% clean in a couple of hours. Nothing has got stuck inside the brush gear and mechanism

Purchased in April 2019 for $700.00.

Angela

Angela

Positive Warranty Request

Requested replacement tracks under warranty via. email. After providing the receipt and other details I was contacted by the staff the next day to clarify some details and my address. The parts arrived the next day via courier. Couldn't have been. easier. Thank you zodiac. Fabulous cleaner that keeps a pool surrounded by trees exceptionally clean.

Purchased in September 2017.

Splitmore

SplitmoreSydney, NSW

Brilliant! replaced my expensive polaris with this

After 4 years of total frustration with a polaris 280 pressure cleaner, I purchased one of these a few months ago. Super impressed so far, completely cleans the entire pool, including all silt and sediment from the bottom. Would highly recommend, especially for the price

Purchased in February 2019 for $620.00.

Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Jfw

JfwPerth, WA

Never again, even if they paid me

Had bought the unit for my pool, it started having issues after 10 months, returned for repair three times, same issue, drive gear failure. Zodiac then looked at it and said that it had been exposed to chlorine so the warranty claim is invalid. It’s in a swimming pool, of course it’s going to be exposed to chlorine. Even though I had followed the maintenance instructions to the letter, they told me too bad. I am going back to the cheaper pool cleaner from Bunnings as the last one from there lasted four years with no issues. Save your money, do not buy this machine.

Purchased in October 2017 at pool mart for $800.00.

MikeS

MikeS

Better than most

Pretty good design and it works better than several other cleaners we have tried. I like the scrubbing action of the underside sweepers. This has helped keep our pebblecrete pool surface free of dirt and algae. Our pool catches a lot of eucalyptus leaves and some twigs, which unfortunately often choke it. On the plus side, it is easy to open and clear when this happens and to be fair, very few cleaners cope better anyway. It effortlessly climbs walls and rarely gets stuck, if it hasn't actually jammed. We've had this for about a year and haven't had to replace any parts yet, so pretty happy overall.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Thanks for the review, Mike. Happy Swimming.

Name

NameBli bli

Bad experience

Very bad experience I don’t recommended any one to buy this product.
Stop working all the time and staying at the bottom with out any movement
Bought from local pool shop

So be careful buying this product
Very bad very bad very bad very bad......
Very bad very bad experiences ver y bad

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Your Unit would be under warranty going from the date of your Review. May I ask if you have called us for help? Thanks.

Constantly jams

This pool cleaner is unfit for purpose. It jams regularly on small leaves.I have tried various pump pressures without any success. I previously had a Hayward poolvac XL, which was a much better claener but was talked into replacing it with the Zodiac when the Hayward started to wear out.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

HI Andrew. Sorry to hear you have had these issues. May I ask if you have spoken with our Customer Care team?

WombatCanberra

Excellent! I'm very happy with the AX10. Does a great job and even climbs walls!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Wombat, Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Can you please Dm your email address? Thanks.

Wombat

Hi, What does Dm mean please?

Direct message!

Garryasked

I have an AX10 and have recently replaced my pool pump - the replacement is the same brand and HP as the broken one (Hayward and 1.5 HP) - there seems to be slightly more suction with the new pump
The AX10 starts off at full speed, but after about 10 secs it stalls and won't move - no change of direction.
Is there a WA agent for Zodiac? I live in postcode 6166

I

John P.

Hi Garry, generally such a failure is gearbox related and if you still are under warranty then it should be fixed for free...but it won't be quick. Alternatively, I can look at it, test it in my pool and offer some immediate support. Call me on 0451786654 if it isn't sorted yet or just want to talk about it. I can come to you for a modest fee. Kind regards, John

Garry

Hi John, Thank you for your answer - I suspected that it was gear box related.
I have bought a kit on line, so perhaps I could get your help with installing when it arrives?

John P.

No worries. I can show you how to take it apart and put it back together...and we can hope the problem is solved.

Jenni T.

Jenni T.asked

Seems to suck air from somewhere. Starts off ok but after a hour or so the filter is full of air and nothing’s working. It used to work ok

Azztrix

Had the same problem at first it was the hose connection not properly connected. Just double check all the connections to hose links.

Christer

AX10 completely useless. I returned it after a week for a full refund. Bought a Kreepy Krauly instead. Fantastic. The pool has never been so clean before

Hi Jenni,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles! Although, this sounds like a suction issue that is likely pump basket or skimmer box related. Unfortunately, the only way to determine where the problem lies is by disconnecting the cleaner and assessing water flow and the sound of each piece of equipment in your system, then plugging the cleaner back in and doing the same.

Either way, feel free to email productsupport.au@fluidra.com and we'll be in touch to see how we can help!

Thanks,

John P.asked

I bought my AX10 two years ago and it has been great. Used in a 70,000 litre salt pool with vinyl liner, the AX10 has climbed the walls and cleaned the entire pool surface every day in a couple of hours. I never take it out of the water and just run every day for about three hours. Recently, it had to have new tracks (under warranty) when it suddenly stripped them out of the blue. A couple of months have gone by and now the unit won't climb a wall anymore. After watching an online video, I stripped it down, cleaned the whole system and re-assembled it. It cleans across the pool but will no longer climbs the vertical surfaces even with new tracks. The pH has been perfect every time it has been tested. Importantly, I have not had to add chemicals to my pool since getting the unit over two years ago, winter or summer. I need to fix this issue now. If I put the cleaner on a vertical surface, it works perfectly but may eventually drive to the bottom of the pool and remain stuck indefinitely as it can't climb or gain enough traction to make the change from horizontal to vertical or back. Also, if you go underwater with the unit, you can hear that it is "chattering" a lot when it is trying to change from horizontal to vertical. If the issue is the surfaces have become slippery then I am permanently in trouble as I can't imagine there is anything I can do about that. More likely, the tracks are either too hard or are being contaminated with chlorine/salt from the pool and then becoming useless. There must be an answer. Also, for those commenting about "corners" the AX10 doesn't really handle them that well and can become lodged in a manner where both tracks are not touching the pool sides stranding the unit permanently. I love my AX10 so it would be good to get the right answer from someone.

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives

Download manual