Zodiac AX10 Activ

• Pool Size
    • Average (9)
    • Large (3)

John P.Perth, WA

Keep your pool perfect and buy NO chemicals. My Zodiac AX10 is fantastic.

Purchased in January 2018 at Best Pool Supplies for $630.00.

Azztrix

Azztrix

The real deal. Works just as it should.

Purchased in September 2019 for $650.00.

ChristerSydney, NSW

After 25 years and half a dozen cleaners, this one is completey useless

Bought this yesterday and have adjusted the speed correctly. Today alone it has stopped 7 times due to average size gum leaves blocking the mechanism. Even when not blocked it runs right over small leaves without sucking them up. It seems like the spinning brushes actually pushed the debris away from the suction hole. With my old Barracuda the skimmer basket would fill up completely about once a day. The AX10 has been running all day (with me clearing the blockages several times) and the skimmer basket in only about a quarter full. It picks up almost nothing. I will call Zodiac tomorrow and demand a full refund

Purchased in January 2020 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Physical store for $699.00.

Terrible for long leaves

Jams up four to five times a week this cleaner won't work with long leaves as they jam the internal roater it works great on gum leaves small debris. This is a major flaw and I dont think Zodiac tested with all debris types so save your money and buy a cheaper suction unit. Make sure you tell the sales people what type of leaves are in your pool this will make or break the unit.

Purchased in April 2019 for $800.00.

Jay Lee

Jay LeePerth, WA

Much better than all previous cleaners

Having used more than 5 different pool cleaners over the past 10 years I am blown away at how much better this unit performs. I have had this unit for 2 years and it has not skipped a beat.

This doesn't clean 100% of the pool but covers far more than my previous T5 and Kreepy Krauly.

Purchased in October 2017 for $750.00.

Hopper

HopperSydney, NSW

Starts off good then turns to crap

Rubber tracks come off all the time, now doesn't climb walls. Avoid...still working through warranty claim. Overall a risky proposition. Body also is scratched up loads in a short period. Doubt it will last 5 years

Purchased in November 2018.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Hopper. Sorry to hear that you have had issues. May I ask if you would like our help with getting this sorted for you. Thanks.

Justin West

Justin WestGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Weak Tracks

Boutht a AX10 for about only 7 month, Normall use twice a week. The tracks started to Mis-located 3 weeks ago, both tracks came out of wheels when it started working, then the cleaner would spinning around in the pool.
Then after 2 weeks waiting, got a replacement track from retailer.

Purchased in October 2018.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Justin. Sorry to hear that you have had these issues. May I ask if you lodged a warranty claim with us?

Scott

ScottNorth Queensland, QLD

Good cleaner, not so good warrant claim

Purchased in October 2017 for $650.00.

Nic

Nicbrisbane

Finally - A Cleaner That Works

Purchased in February 2019.

Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!!!

The best pool cleaner I have used. Early days, couldn’t be happier, great unit.

Picks up everything that it should, small tree twigs, leaves and debris. Small palm font bits as well. The pool is 100% clean in a couple of hours. Nothing has got stuck inside the brush gear and mechanism

Purchased in April 2019 for $700.00.

Angela

Angela

Positive Warranty Request

Requested replacement tracks under warranty via. email. After providing the receipt and other details I was contacted by the staff the next day to clarify some details and my address. The parts arrived the next day via courier. Couldn't have been. easier. Thank you zodiac. Fabulous cleaner that keeps a pool surrounded by trees exceptionally clean.

Purchased in September 2017.

Splitmore

SplitmoreSydney, NSW

Brilliant! replaced my expensive polaris with this

After 4 years of total frustration with a polaris 280 pressure cleaner, I purchased one of these a few months ago. Super impressed so far, completely cleans the entire pool, including all silt and sediment from the bottom. Would highly recommend, especially for the price

Purchased in February 2019 for $620.00.

Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Jfw

JfwPerth, WA

Never again, even if they paid me

Had bought the unit for my pool, it started having issues after 10 months, returned for repair three times, same issue, drive gear failure. Zodiac then looked at it and said that it had been exposed to chlorine so the warranty claim is invalid. It’s in a swimming pool, of course it’s going to be exposed to chlorine. Even though I had followed the maintenance instructions to the letter, they told me too bad. I am going back to the cheaper pool cleaner from Bunnings as the last one from there lasted four years with no issues. Save your money, do not buy this machine.

Purchased in October 2017 at pool mart for $800.00.

MikeS

MikeS

Better than most

Pretty good design and it works better than several other cleaners we have tried. I like the scrubbing action of the underside sweepers. This has helped keep our pebblecrete pool surface free of dirt and algae. Our pool catches a lot of eucalyptus leaves and some twigs, which unfortunately often choke it. On the plus side, it is easy to open and clear when this happens and to be fair, very few cleaners cope better anyway. It effortlessly climbs walls and rarely gets stuck, if it hasn't actually jammed. We've had this for about a year and haven't had to replace any parts yet, so pretty happy overall.

Customer C.Zodiac

Thanks for the review, Mike. Happy Swimming.

Name

NameBli bli

Bad experience

Very bad experience I don’t recommended any one to buy this product.
Stop working all the time and staying at the bottom with out any movement
Bought from local pool shop

So be careful buying this product
Very bad very bad very bad very bad......
Very bad very bad experiences ver y bad

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Your Unit would be under warranty going from the date of your Review. May I ask if you have called us for help? Thanks.

Constantly jams

This pool cleaner is unfit for purpose. It jams regularly on small leaves.I have tried various pump pressures without any success. I previously had a Hayward poolvac XL, which was a much better claener but was talked into replacing it with the Zodiac when the Hayward started to wear out.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

HI Andrew. Sorry to hear you have had these issues. May I ask if you have spoken with our Customer Care team?

WombatCanberra

Excellent! I'm very happy with the AX10. Does a great job and even climbs walls!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Wombat, Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Can you please Dm your email address? Thanks.

Wombat

Hi, What does Dm mean please?

Direct message!

Richard Benfatto

Richard BenfattoSydney

I do not know what to expect next

Customer C.Zodiac

Best pool cleaner I’ve ever had

After reading some bad reviews, I weighed it up and went for the AX10. After setting up, I had it stop working after 5min , discovered I needed to clean the filter on the pump itself. After that the pool went from cloudy green to perfect and clear overnight. I have never had the pool look so good all the time. I wish I could upload photos before and after to show the difference. I leave the AX10 full time in the pool and only take out when we are using the pool. I believe that the most important part is to make sure you follow the instructions with setting up and you won’t have the problems that are mentioned in the bad reviews. Oh and by the way, I got my $50 back too!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Thanks for the 5 start review. Glad you were able to take advantage of the Cash back offer also, Happy Swimming!

Gargoyle

GargoyleSydney

Happy so far

Just purchased my AX10. I let it loose on a pool with a ton of leaves in it. I had to clear out blockages every few hours but it eventually got through it all and the pool looks great now. It was a tad expensive, but I think it is worth the money since it is getting in the corners and up the sides of my pool.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Thank you for stopping by and leaving this review for the AX10, Happy Swimming

John P.asked

I bought my AX10 two years ago and it has been great. Used in a 70,000 litre salt pool with vinyl liner, the AX10 has climbed the walls and cleaned the entire pool surface every day in a couple of hours. I never take it out of the water and just run every day for about three hours. Recently, it had to have new tracks (under warranty) when it suddenly stripped them out of the blue. A couple of months have gone by and now the unit won't climb a wall anymore. After watching an online video, I stripped it down, cleaned the whole system and re-assembled it. It cleans across the pool but will no longer climbs the vertical surfaces even with new tracks. The pH has been perfect every time it has been tested. Importantly, I have not had to add chemicals to my pool since getting the unit over two years ago, winter or summer. I need to fix this issue now. If I put the cleaner on a vertical surface, it works perfectly but may eventually drive to the bottom of the pool and remain stuck indefinitely as it can't climb or gain enough traction to make the change from horizontal to vertical or back. Also, if you go underwater with the unit, you can hear that it is "chattering" a lot when it is trying to change from horizontal to vertical. If the issue is the surfaces have become slippery then I am permanently in trouble as I can't imagine there is anything I can do about that. More likely, the tracks are either too hard or are being contaminated with chlorine/salt from the pool and then becoming useless. There must be an answer. Also, for those commenting about "corners" the AX10 doesn't really handle them that well and can become lodged in a manner where both tracks are not touching the pool sides stranding the unit permanently. I love my AX10 so it would be good to get the right answer from someone.

Bill

Billasked

I have just purchased an AX 10, and I am unable to get it to run within the times on the installation sheet. the slowest time I can get it to run for 10 revolutions is 7 seconds, even with the skimmer box elbow set at 1. Do you have a suggestion or me. Thanks Bill

John P.

Hey Bill, don't worry about the timing I suggest. Reduce your pool cleaning time to say 2 hours per day and take a punt on it. My pool has stayed perfectly clean on a three hour cycle running every day , summer and winter, and now needs no chemicals to remain balanced at all times. My local pool shop suggested that this would never work but it has been going for two plus years now without any added chemicals (salt pool) with the pH being absolutely spot on every time I get it tested.

IanC

IanCasked

I have an AX10 ACTIV which is only about 4-6 weeks old. I have only used it a couple of times. This is because the manual vacuuming does a much much better job. The unit has NEVER covered the whole of the pool surface but more importantly just simply stops working - this can be in the middle of the pool or at a step riser. It does climb the walls to the water line.
As I purchased this new with a new pool I have gone through the pool installer for assistance. They have said they have gotten onto Zodiac Customer Support but that seems to have stalled.
Basically I think the unit is defective as it has never operated all that well. I would love to get some assistance with this please.

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives

Download manual