Zodiac AX10 Activ

3.5

• Pool Size

LucyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Not Happy Jan

We purchased this cleaner in April 2019. In early 2020 we had to replace the treads as they kept coming off and the cleaner would not run. This cost us about $60 as the product was out of warranty already. The problem is still occurring at least once a day and sometimes more than once a day. I have contacted Zodiac so am waiting to hear back from them. Considering the price of this pool cleaner I don't think this issue is acceptable. At this stage I wouldn't recommend this pool cleaner to anyone.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$1,000.00.

Money Pit

Money PitMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Clean Pool when it works properly.

Cleans brilliantly when the rubber tracks stay on. Picks up dirt, leaves and small twigs. If we leave in pool when we use it there are usually no problems encountered. Sent it back under warranty but still was charged about $200 as they would not accept liability. Would not have got it back If I did not pay. Was sent new rubber tracks but problem has returned. Now I need to supervise when it is running.

Purchased at Pool Supermarket.

Gary

GarySouth East Queensland, QLD

Adequate but not reliable

Over the more than 2 years I have had brushes wear out, rubber tracks wear out and now one side will not rotate. I assume gears or bearing wear. I cannot find where I can get information on how best to repair without getting into excessive cost.

Purchased at Dad's Pool Shop.

Hi Gary,

If you'd like us to get in touch, could you please paste your review into an email and send it to productsupport.au@fluidra.com? I'll allocate your case and we'll contact you within 24 hours. Thanks!

Find out how Zodiac AX10 Activ compares to other Suction Pool Cleaners

Pool has never been so clean.

Purchased the Zodiac AX10 about a month ago so early days however I’m wrapt. After pissing around with crappy creepy crawlys from Bunnings that didn’t clean I decided to spend a bit extra on the Zodiac. It picks up leaves etc no problems and scrubs to pool surface walls etc as it goes. Highly recommend.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$700.00.

Chris RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Started great, now next to no good

Purchased in May 2018 the AX10 was fantastic, best pool cleaner I had purchased. Now I have had to replace the tracks, the unit keeps turning to the left, will not climb the walls and the under body cleaning fins are not the best. I had a few issues attempting to contact supplier, however once contact made, the issues were resolved and the pool is clean again. It is a great pool cleaner.

Purchased in May 2018.

Chris R

Have spoken with company and technician sent to look at cleaner - problem resolved and pool is clean again. Thanks very much, great after sales service with this.

John P.Perth, WA

Keep your pool perfect and buy NO chemicals. My Zodiac AX10 is fantastic.

Purchased in January 2018 at Best Pool Supplies for A$630.00.

Azztrix

Azztrix

The real deal. Works just as it should.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$650.00.

ChristerSydney, NSW

After 25 years and half a dozen cleaners, this one is completey useless

Bought this yesterday and have adjusted the speed correctly. Today alone it has stopped 7 times due to average size gum leaves blocking the mechanism. Even when not blocked it runs right over small leaves without sucking them up. It seems like the spinning brushes actually pushed the debris away from the suction hole. With my old Barracuda the skimmer basket would fill up completely about once a day. The AX10 has been running all day (with me clearing the blockages several times) and the skimmer basket in only about a quarter full. It picks up almost nothing. I will call Zodiac tomorrow and demand a full refund

Purchased in January 2020 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Physical store for A$699.00.

Terrible for long leaves

Jams up four to five times a week this cleaner won't work with long leaves as they jam the internal roater it works great on gum leaves small debris. This is a major flaw and I dont think Zodiac tested with all debris types so save your money and buy a cheaper suction unit. Make sure you tell the sales people what type of leaves are in your pool this will make or break the unit.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$800.00.

Jay Lee

Jay LeePerth, WA

Much better than all previous cleaners

Having used more than 5 different pool cleaners over the past 10 years I am blown away at how much better this unit performs. I have had this unit for 2 years and it has not skipped a beat.

This doesn't clean 100% of the pool but covers far more than my previous T5 and Kreepy Krauly.

Purchased in October 2017 for A$750.00.

Hopper

HopperSydney, NSW

Starts off good then turns to crap

Rubber tracks come off all the time, now doesn't climb walls. Avoid...still working through warranty claim. Overall a risky proposition. Body also is scratched up loads in a short period. Doubt it will last 5 years

Purchased in November 2018.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Hopper. Sorry to hear that you have had issues. May I ask if you would like our help with getting this sorted for you. Thanks.

Justin West

Justin WestGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Weak Tracks

Boutht a AX10 for about only 7 month, Normall use twice a week. The tracks started to Mis-located 3 weeks ago, both tracks came out of wheels when it started working, then the cleaner would spinning around in the pool.
Then after 2 weeks waiting, got a replacement track from retailer.

Purchased in October 2018.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Justin. Sorry to hear that you have had these issues. May I ask if you lodged a warranty claim with us?

Scott

ScottNorth Queensland, QLD

Good cleaner, not so good warrant claim

Purchased in October 2017 for A$650.00.

Nic

Nicbrisbane

Finally - A Cleaner That Works

Purchased in February 2019.

Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!!!

The best pool cleaner I have used. Early days, couldn’t be happier, great unit.

Picks up everything that it should, small tree twigs, leaves and debris. Small palm font bits as well. The pool is 100% clean in a couple of hours. Nothing has got stuck inside the brush gear and mechanism

Purchased in April 2019 for A$700.00.

Angela

Angela

Positive Warranty Request

Requested replacement tracks under warranty via. email. After providing the receipt and other details I was contacted by the staff the next day to clarify some details and my address. The parts arrived the next day via courier. Couldn't have been. easier. Thank you zodiac. Fabulous cleaner that keeps a pool surrounded by trees exceptionally clean.

Purchased in September 2017.

Splitmore

SplitmoreSydney, NSW

Brilliant! replaced my expensive polaris with this

After 4 years of total frustration with a polaris 280 pressure cleaner, I purchased one of these a few months ago. Super impressed so far, completely cleans the entire pool, including all silt and sediment from the bottom. Would highly recommend, especially for the price

Purchased in February 2019 for A$620.00.

Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Jfw

JfwPerth, WA

Never again, even if they paid me

Had bought the unit for my pool, it started having issues after 10 months, returned for repair three times, same issue, drive gear failure. Zodiac then looked at it and said that it had been exposed to chlorine so the warranty claim is invalid. It’s in a swimming pool, of course it’s going to be exposed to chlorine. Even though I had followed the maintenance instructions to the letter, they told me too bad. I am going back to the cheaper pool cleaner from Bunnings as the last one from there lasted four years with no issues. Save your money, do not buy this machine.

Purchased in October 2017 at pool mart for A$800.00.

MikeS

MikeS

Better than most

Pretty good design and it works better than several other cleaners we have tried. I like the scrubbing action of the underside sweepers. This has helped keep our pebblecrete pool surface free of dirt and algae. Our pool catches a lot of eucalyptus leaves and some twigs, which unfortunately often choke it. On the plus side, it is easy to open and clear when this happens and to be fair, very few cleaners cope better anyway. It effortlessly climbs walls and rarely gets stuck, if it hasn't actually jammed. We've had this for about a year and haven't had to replace any parts yet, so pretty happy overall.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Thanks for the review, Mike. Happy Swimming.

Name

NameBli bli

Bad experience

Very bad experience I don’t recommended any one to buy this product.
Stop working all the time and staying at the bottom with out any movement
Bought from local pool shop

So be careful buying this product
Very bad very bad very bad very bad......
Very bad very bad experiences ver y bad

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Your Unit would be under warranty going from the date of your Review. May I ask if you have called us for help? Thanks.

Dean J.asked

I have an Ax10 which is about 3 months off it’s warranty period of 2 years. It has been fully rebuilt in Jan this year. Now it is moving very very slowly, gets stuck constantly on steps, won’t climb walls. I have a variable speed pump that starts up at 2850rpm then will slow down to clean mode which runs at 1850rpm.
When I put the pump in boost the cleaner works fine, however when Pump in clean mode it hardly moves. It used to work but now wont. Any ideas?

Lucy

We had a similar problem and found that replacing the tracks fixed the problem.

Dean J.

Hi Lucy, the tracks were pretty much brand new, I have found the answer though. There is a yellow throat adapter under the cleaner that can be removed to allow more water through, I removed that and it made a little bit of difference to the speed, but my main problem was the variable speed pump rpm was too low when it was in normal run mode. The increased the speed to the manufacturer settings of 2150rpm and now its way better. The timing of the tracks is about 28 seconds, which is a bit slow, but I don’t want to speed the pump up anymore, kind of defeats having a variable speed pump.

Terrence

Terrenceasked

Hi. Please can you tell me why the machine only moves in a circle ?

Anna F.

Anna F.asked

I have an MX8, it stopped moving. I have checked for blokages, and also suction pressure. Decided it may need a service kit as one of the gears was loose and moving side to side. I open the service kit and noticed that one of the new gears also had movement so assumed that that how it was meant to be. I replaced all
Parts, motor , gears and treads . Still not moving. Can you help
Please

John P.

Hi Anna, call me to discuss in more detail. John 0451786544. If you live in Perth then I can be of more assistance or show you how to fix if yourself.

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives