Zodiac MX8

Zodiac MX8

MPN: R0682000

deon

deonSydney, NSW

absolute junk should not be on the market

zodiac have yet again released a piece of rubbish product on the market which will constantly break down and cost a fortune at your pool shop to get fixed. my cleaner has now been repaired for the 5 times in and out of warranty and zodiac offer no answer or replacement for such a piece of junk. i have now paid more in repairs than the cleaner itself.
BUYER BEWARE this is another non quality zodiac product released on the market when it should have been scrapped on the design table.
Try and ring zodiac for a question or an answer... thats even worse

Purchased in February 2017 for $595.00.

SRM

SRMPenrith

Wouldn’t buy again

Not even 4 years old and I’ve had to replace the internals twice already at approx $120 a pop, I’ve also just had to replace the tracks again. When it’s working it’s great, but when it stops it just stops dead.

Purchased in October 2015 for $600.00.

Sue

SueTerrigal

Best Pool Cleaner we have had !!

We have had this now for maybe about 4-5 years ( i don't recall exactly when we bought it) it is the best cleaner we have had so far. The pool is the cleanest it has been for years. Occasional sticks will get stuck in it , but that is normal for any cleaner that we have had. The only down side is the tracks wear out every 12-18 months and we have to replace them at a cost of about $50 , we have also replaced both motors and bearing etc...but compared to buying a new cleaner its a small price to pay

Purchased in January 2015.

Pool Size Large

Zodiac MX8 Skimmer connection fix

First of all, this is the best pool vacuum I have ever had. Yes, it does climb slightly out of the water which cleans the water tiles It beats the Great White by Pentair I owned period.
The problem I had with my MX8 is that the skimmer connection does not fit into the skimmer. I called Zodiac but to no avail. So I used the Great White's funnel type attachment which resolved my issue. I did purchase a new adapter.I would re-purchase an MX8 without a second thought.

Purchased in April 2019 at Pinch a Penny for $600.00.

Large Debris Cleaning

Do not buy this "cleaner".

This cleaner worked for five seasons in a somewhat satisfactory manner, but this year stopped and stopped cold. No amount of fussing, taking apart twice, replacement of a gearbox on the right side could move this piece of junk. It is completely gone and Zodiac should not be selling this junk to people. I invested over $110 in parts and replacement and it still would not function.

Purchased in April 2013.

Pool Size Small

Kurt

Kurt

It's early days, but great so far.

I've used it now for two weeks and my pool has never looked cleaner. Doesn't miss any areas like previous suction cleaners and cleans around the top perimeter also. Two minor issues, it beached itself a couple of times and got hang up on the centre of a short radius step, but no big deal. All in all it's a very good cleaner for the cost and in conjunction with the cyclonic leaf catcher it makes my maintenance chores a bit easier. The leaves don't clod up the skimmer like before and I can see when it's full. Very happy with it.

Purchased in January 2019 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for $619.00.

Pool Size Large

Don't buy one

Had two mx8.. one older modeland one newer model.. when it works its works and move to nice.. but the other 80% of the time u go to strip and clean or throw money to fix it.. my opinion is that less moving parts will be more efficient.. the mx8 has too many moving parts.. and needs to much vacuum to push though if it's too dirty..

Date PurchasedJun 2018

John

JohnMelbourne

When it works as it is designed to, it is a good cleaner.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Only worked for first day, then parts keep falling off!

Hired a pool guy to set up the machine for me just in case I messed up the connections. The MX8 worked fine for the first day, then second day it stucked in the centre of the pool. Pool him out found out one of the wheel fell apart!
Put them back on placed in the pool again, less than 15min broken again!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Denny. Sorry to hear this. May I asked if you have called our Customer Care team? We can get this sorted for you. Thanks.

LOVE mx8

I have a large free formed concrete pool. I started with baracuda's each one clapped out within 12 months and would constantly get stuck. I have had my MX8 for approx 13 years and love it. I now need to replace the old girl and would buy nothing else. Loyalty rewards would be a great idea.

Date PurchasedJun 2005
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Chris. Thank you for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

This is my 2nd MX8

The 1st MX8 lasted 5 years, i didnt replace any parts, no tune up kits in that time. It did start looking a bit faded and old. Eventually it just stopped all together.
I decided on a brand new one given it comes with new hoses and within 2hrs of it back in my pool, it had my pool back to its normal clean condition. That familiar lapping of water as it cleans to the waterline.
Mine is a fibreglass pool which i think the MX8 is well suited.
Zodiac should introduce a Loyalty Bonus :)

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Phil. Thank you for your 5 star review! Happy Swimming!

Linda

LindaSantaRosa Ca

two Strikes....not going in for third

Bought the first mx8 elite ten days ago. Worked great for first hour. Then it just stopped working. The spinners were stuck, and the wheels wouldn’t turn. I immediately took it back to Leslie’s Pool and she said that it was a very big seller for them and hadn’t had any returned or heard anything bad about them. Leslie’s checked the unit and agreed that for an unknown reason the spinners were definitely stuck! Because of her experience with other pool owners loving this machine, I exchanged it...hoping it was a fluke. I got it home..... it ran well for about two hours.....then...same issue! It just stopped working. Checked for a plug...etc. I am returning this product tomorrow and will not be exchanging it for the same product.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Linda, this the Australia version of Product review. If you are able to place this review on the US version, the Customer Care team will be happy to help you. Thanks.

FEV

FEV

excellent for 1st year

We rarely have leaves , so initially the cleaner was excellent. Worked well and fast for about 2 yrs. Gears wore out after 2 years, had it serviced. constantly needs new tracks which are expensive. Now it doesn't work at all again It's an expensive unit with a short life. Too much to go wrong!

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Fev, Sorry to hear that you had these issues. Could you DM your details? Thanks!

Iwasduped

Iwasduped

Good job but limited life

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Thank you for your review. We have noted your Feedback and appreciate taking the time to let us know. Thanks.

Pete VNewcastle

Can’t handle Leaves or Twigs

We have had this pool cleaner for about 5 years now. 2 full rebuilds and it still doesn’t work. We live in a leafy area and our pool gets lots of leaves. Gum leaves. Green and brown. If they are any longer than a few centimetres then they get stuck and the whole unit stops. If a small twig lands in the pool, it will clog the cleaner. I have had enough. I want something I can pretty much set and forget, not something I have to check all the time and pull stuff out of. I litterally have to unclog it every hour at least. It really is an awful cleaner. It makes me rethink buying anything from Zodiac. It’s just not fit for purpose.

Date PurchasedOct 2012
mars0903

mars0903

Constantly have to watch unit

This is probably good if you have no twigs or leaves larger than 10mm. Anything bigger and it gets jammed in the track or impeller so you have to constantly clean the unit. That means removing leaves jamed in the impeller unit and leaves or small twigs caught in the track. Re-priming the unit etc etc. If you try to leave the unit unattended it will pick up somehting and just stop moving. It just cannot be used where there are trees or leaves that land in the pool. The review on the net is unbelieveale when the person says it can handle twigs. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. This unit is definitely not fit for it's purpose and Zodiac should stop making claims that are rubbish.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Cleaner. May I ask if you have spoken with our Customer Care team? Thanks.

Third set of tracks in 6 months

I have just been advised by customer support that I should take the cleaner out of the pool twice a week and wash it, leave it out for a while and put it back. It has one job.. to clean the pool! my last zodiac lasted 10 years - there has to be a design fault with the tracks which zodiac need to own up to, fix, put out a recall to all users and replace.
On a positive note, when the tracks stay on, it works well.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Helen, sorry to hear that you are having these issues. Can we get your contact details and give you a call to assist? Thanks.

EviePinjarra

Waste of money

MX8, Every day I have to put the tracks back on and it only cleans one end of the pool. I have to guide it. $799 A$ - never again. My pool supplier has given up on it. You seem to have a lot of bad reviews. Back to a manual operation.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Evie, Sorry to hear that you have had these issues. May I ask if you have spoken with our Customer Care team directly? thank you

No but I will, thanks

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Evie, If you would like to send your contact details either by Inbox on our FB Page or PM on Product review, we can call you. Please let me know, Thanks.

BruceGold Coast

Zodiac MX 8 is an expensive overpriced Lemon !

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Bruce

I was told by Zodiac on the phone that you have had a lot of trouble with the gears and moving parts in the MX8 and the Tune up kits is to replace the old ones with much better quality ones, but they too are now failing, so it is a Lemon after all !

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Bruce. The description as above is the reason as to why we have provided the Tune Up Kit. If you would like us to help you further please advise. Sorry you have not been happy with your Cleaner.

Jim F

Jim FSydney

Very pleased with Zodiac MX8

I have been very pleased with the Zodiac MX8 recently introduced to my fibreglass in-ground pool. It was easy to install and went to work wandering around the pool immediately, producing a spotless pool within hours. It handles leaves and all other debris which blows into the pool without difficulty. Based on my experience I recommend it for similar applications.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Jim, Thank you so much for your 5 star review!! Happy Swimming.