Zodiac MX8

• Pool Size
    • Average (8)
    • Large (3)
    • Small (3)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Rowan

RowanHunter Region, NSW

Good cleaner shame it doesn't work

I have just purchased mx8 and find that is gets caught on convex corners and the whole unit stops as the sweepers cant move. Doesn't matter what i do it keeps happening.

Purchased in November 2019 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for $449.00.

MattPerth, WA

So far seems to be doing the job well

Purchased at Pool and Spa Warehouse for $600.00.

Fluidra AustraliaZodiac

Would work well if there is no dirt in the pool

Bought this cause my normal Creepy got jammed in corners. The MX 8 didn't get jammed in corners but was almost permanently clogged. Going back to normal Creepy as it's better

Purchased in November 2019 for $200.00.

Ray W.

Ray W.South East Queensland, QLD

Useless around palms, apart from that works ok

I've had it for around 9 months now. I have a few trees nearby including palms. When the palms drop stringy bits the cleaner immediately clogs and doesn't work. I have to pull it out of the pool daily to removed the palm frond stringers. I have had to dissassemble the gearbox 3 times since owning to remove contaminents clogging the internal gears. Do not buy if you have any palm litter falling in your pool. Works great on standard little leaves. Clogs immediately with anything long or stringy. Very disappointing, feel like Zodiac should annotate the limitations correctly. Box should read "Do not use around Palms".

Purchased in April 2019 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for $600.00.

mrdantheman

mrdanthemanIllawarra, NSW

my pool is so clean!

I once had a barracuda cleaner and it was ok. This cleaner is so much better, it never goes above the waterline, does not miss any areas, it operates on low water pressure and it is silent. I am really happy with it. The only negative is it does not like sand as it causes the gears to jam. We recently got new paving done around the pool and lots of sand got blown into the pool. Now that the sand is removed it works perfectly.

Purchased in October 2019.

Fluidra AustraliaZodiac

Thank you for your review of our product, we work hard to ensure that our customers are happy and we appreciate your feedback.

Zodiac Pools Australia

Rubbish

Bought this last year. Totally useless. It is constantly getting jammed by leaves or anything bigger than a bit of dust. Hardly picks up any debris, absolutely do not waste your money on this.

Purchased in January 2018 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Physical store for $800.00.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Sorry to hear about these issues. May I ask if you have spoken to our Customer Care team or would like some assistance? Thanks.

Sure, havent contacted the CC team, theyre not open when I need help. Happy to hear any suggestions.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, We are now open from 8.30am to 7pm - Monday to Friday EST. If you would like to provide an email address, I can get the team to email and help you that way if that would be easier? Thanks.

Scott K

Scott KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Potential 5 star, reality Junk star..

Just stops.Lucky to have 30hrs of operation. 25k ltr pool,square, pebble crete with straight sides. Mechanically clean, suction set as per recommendations. Bought service kit and installed so the machine is clean of debris, wheels still seem to get stuck.. Needs a pro to look at it. Who in Brisbane fixes these things ?

Purchased in March 2019.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Scott. Your Unit would be covered under warranty. Our Customer Care team would be able to assist. Please email your details to apac.aftersales@zodiac.com - Thanks.

Evan V

Evan VGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fairly good.

I've had my MX8 for about 4 years now, had no major problems with it and it does a fair job. The only two issues I have with it are that it annoyingly climbs up the side of the pool and pops out of the water and gets air in the system almost constantly. And it gets jammed with larger leaves and debris. Other than that, it works fine. What I really like is the leaf catcher. Judging by what others have said on this forum, long may it last!

Purchased at Best Pool Supplies for $499.00.

Fluidra AustraliaZodiac

Thank you for your kind words, we welcome all feedback and are always happy to receive a positive product review. Have a great day!

deon

deonSydney, NSW

absolute junk should not be on the market

zodiac have yet again released a piece of rubbish product on the market which will constantly break down and cost a fortune at your pool shop to get fixed. my cleaner has now been repaired for the 5 times in and out of warranty and zodiac offer no answer or replacement for such a piece of junk. i have now paid more in repairs than the cleaner itself.
BUYER BEWARE this is another non quality zodiac product released on the market when it should have been scrapped on the design table.
Try and ring zodiac for a question or an answer... thats even worse

Purchased in February 2017 for $595.00.

SRM

SRMPenrith

Wouldn’t buy again

Not even 4 years old and I’ve had to replace the internals twice already at approx $120 a pop, I’ve also just had to replace the tracks again. When it’s working it’s great, but when it stops it just stops dead.

Purchased in October 2015 for $600.00.

Sue

SueTerrigal

Best Pool Cleaner we have had !!

We have had this now for maybe about 4-5 years ( i don't recall exactly when we bought it) it is the best cleaner we have had so far. The pool is the cleanest it has been for years. Occasional sticks will get stuck in it , but that is normal for any cleaner that we have had. The only down side is the tracks wear out every 12-18 months and we have to replace them at a cost of about $50 , we have also replaced both motors and bearing etc...but compared to buying a new cleaner its a small price to pay

Purchased in January 2015.

Zodiac MX8 Skimmer connection fix

First of all, this is the best pool vacuum I have ever had. Yes, it does climb slightly out of the water which cleans the water tiles It beats the Great White by Pentair I owned period.
The problem I had with my MX8 is that the skimmer connection does not fit into the skimmer. I called Zodiac but to no avail. So I used the Great White's funnel type attachment which resolved my issue. I did purchase a new adapter.I would re-purchase an MX8 without a second thought.

Purchased in April 2019 at Pinch a Penny for $600.00.

Large Debris Cleaning

Do not buy this "cleaner".

This cleaner worked for five seasons in a somewhat satisfactory manner, but this year stopped and stopped cold. No amount of fussing, taking apart twice, replacement of a gearbox on the right side could move this piece of junk. It is completely gone and Zodiac should not be selling this junk to people. I invested over $110 in parts and replacement and it still would not function.

Purchased in April 2013.

Kurt

Kurt

It's early days, but great so far.

I've used it now for two weeks and my pool has never looked cleaner. Doesn't miss any areas like previous suction cleaners and cleans around the top perimeter also. Two minor issues, it beached itself a couple of times and got hang up on the centre of a short radius step, but no big deal. All in all it's a very good cleaner for the cost and in conjunction with the cyclonic leaf catcher it makes my maintenance chores a bit easier. The leaves don't clod up the skimmer like before and I can see when it's full. Very happy with it.

Purchased in January 2019 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for $619.00.

Don't buy one

Had two mx8.. one older modeland one newer model.. when it works its works and move to nice.. but the other 80% of the time u go to strip and clean or throw money to fix it.. my opinion is that less moving parts will be more efficient.. the mx8 has too many moving parts.. and needs to much vacuum to push though if it's too dirty..

Date PurchasedJun 2018
John

JohnMelbourne

When it works as it is designed to, it is a good cleaner.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Only worked for first day, then parts keep falling off!

Hired a pool guy to set up the machine for me just in case I messed up the connections. The MX8 worked fine for the first day, then second day it stucked in the centre of the pool. Pool him out found out one of the wheel fell apart!
Put them back on placed in the pool again, less than 15min broken again!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Denny. Sorry to hear this. May I asked if you have called our Customer Care team? We can get this sorted for you. Thanks.

LOVE mx8

I have a large free formed concrete pool. I started with baracuda's each one clapped out within 12 months and would constantly get stuck. I have had my MX8 for approx 13 years and love it. I now need to replace the old girl and would buy nothing else. Loyalty rewards would be a great idea.

Date PurchasedJun 2005
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Chris. Thank you for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

This is my 2nd MX8

The 1st MX8 lasted 5 years, i didnt replace any parts, no tune up kits in that time. It did start looking a bit faded and old. Eventually it just stopped all together.
I decided on a brand new one given it comes with new hoses and within 2hrs of it back in my pool, it had my pool back to its normal clean condition. That familiar lapping of water as it cleans to the waterline.
Mine is a fibreglass pool which i think the MX8 is well suited.
Zodiac should introduce a Loyalty Bonus :)

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Phil. Thank you for your 5 star review! Happy Swimming!

Linda

LindaSantaRosa Ca

two Strikes....not going in for third

Bought the first mx8 elite ten days ago. Worked great for first hour. Then it just stopped working. The spinners were stuck, and the wheels wouldn’t turn. I immediately took it back to Leslie’s Pool and she said that it was a very big seller for them and hadn’t had any returned or heard anything bad about them. Leslie’s checked the unit and agreed that for an unknown reason the spinners were definitely stuck! Because of her experience with other pool owners loving this machine, I exchanged it...hoping it was a fluke. I got it home..... it ran well for about two hours.....then...same issue! It just stopped working. Checked for a plug...etc. I am returning this product tomorrow and will not be exchanging it for the same product.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Linda, this the Australia version of Product review. If you are able to place this review on the US version, the Customer Care team will be happy to help you. Thanks.