Zodiac G2

Zodiac G2

Shane

ShaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wont pickup leaves, cleans the floor well.

We live in the leafy suburb with big gums and other leaf material. We were sold this one due to it being able to pick up leaves. GREAT no more leaf pickup........However untrue. It picks up zero leaves but does a great job cleaning floors. Will need to take back and get a suitable cleaner to pickup leaf material.

Purchased in September 2019 for $399.00.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Shane, Sorry to hear of these issues. The G2 picks up most leaves and small debris. Ideal for sand and silt. Not suitable for large debris like twigs, gum nuts, eucalyptus leaves.

Adds L.South East Queensland, QLD

great product

Where can i buy a New G2 barracuda on goldcoast best ever pool cleaner lasted 8 years with a few parts added over that time. would like to get another

Pool Size Large

LawrieSouth East Queensland, QLD

The product has some serious problems

This product does a reasonable job cleaning the floor of the pool but no matter what adjustments are made to the pressure it keeps in seeking a corner and getting stick. I have rung the pool shop where I have purchased this thing twice and visited there twice and it is all to no avail. The problems continue
I would add a receipt but I am not that smart with computers. I only purchased this thing yesterday (18 July 2019)

Purchased in July 2019 at Pool Xpress Caloundra for $490.00.

Lawrie

I have used Zodiac pool cleaning products for many years without too many problems. I am afraid that this G2 is something very different. Very disappointed indeed

DissapointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

works ok but not happy with the diaphragm

Hi, i am happy with the general workings of this unit, it is my second but will not be buying again. The diaphragm keeps splitting, are so expensive to replace. Pool shop understand as they see it all the time, but don't seem to get much support from customer care. I will be searching reviews before i buy my next one. Splits in the same spot every time, and i have had the 5th one just do it again. There is a design fault here i suspect.

Purchased in March 2019 for $399.00.

Ok sounds good.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Are you able to send your details to our Facebook inbox or let me know via DM what the best email is for you, Thanks.

Gwendoline Johnson

Gwendoline JohnsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

It's great.

This is the third one in ten years, works well, this time we have a leaf catcher, so we'll see how that works, this winter with all the leaves from the neighbours trees.

Purchased in April 2019.

Doris

DorisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst pool cleaner ever!

I would give it a zero rating but the site doesn't accept anything less than one star! I spend more time repositioning the cleaner away from the steps and shallow end of the pool than the cleaner spends performing its cleaning function! If I don't reposition it, the head will stay in the same place on the steps for the whole cycle. I also have to clean out the suction end at least twice every time it is operating (which is 3-4 times a day) as all the leaves get caught in the back of the collar and block off the suction mouth. A huge waste of money. I would recommend that you only purchase this if leaf litter is not a problem ie you have NO leaf litter getting into your pool.

Purchased in December 2018.

G2 Works well for us

G2 vacuums all leaves, sand and similar debris. It provides good coverage of all pool surfaces except steps. Occasionally it gets stuck in a corner so it would be helpful to have online advice on how to sort this.
If it gets in the way when we have a swim we just detach it at the vacuum port and put it to one side.
This is our second G2 in 10 years. So we feel we have got value for money. Overall G2 provides a thorough clean of our pool and the unit is easy to maintain.

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,085.00.

Kerry

KerryPerth, WA

Worst pool cleaner ever

I have had one for 2 years this is the 3rd
It constantly unscrews itself
I have replaced every part except the skirt
I will never buy another Barracuda product to clean my pool

Purchased in October 2017 for $425.00.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Kerry, Sorry to hear of these issues. May I ask if you have spoken to our Customer Care team or you would like us to contact you. Thanks.

Dee4802Qld, 4802

Constantly getting stuck! Easier to vacuum the pool myself

I've had the Zodiac G2 for about a month and from day one it's been getting getting stuck in the corners of my (fibreglass) pool. It only cleans the deep end of the pool - even when I reposition to the shallow end, it moves away and doesn't move to that end by itself. It also doesn't clean the pool walls, only the floor, so I need to clean the sides with a brush.
For me, it's been a complete waste of money as I spend as much time repositioning it as I would manually vacuuming the pool myself.

Purchased in February 2019 for $350.00.

Hi Dee,

We are sorry you are having this issue. Can you please message us your details or via a message here or on our Facebook page and we will assist you with this.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Dee. Your product is under warranty, we can help you if you are able to provide contact details?

SteveFar North Queensland, QLD

Zodiac rubber diaphragm keeps braking

2 years old and replaced at least 10 diaphragms in that period , local dealer told us it always happens , design fault and they are not doing anything to rectify it ...great way to ruin your name Zodiac...never will recommend them nor buy one again. Poorly designed , where is your quality control? I'm reading so many complaints about the rubber diaphragm but nothing from you to rectify it?

Purchased in April 2017 for $400.00.

Pool Size Large

Peter LyonsNoosaville QLD

Happy Chappy

This is the second G2 I have purchased and I am very happy with it. I must admit I needed technical advice as to why I was going through so many diaphragms. Problem was solved as I just needed to replace the suction plate in the skimmer box. No problems since. The new one works well although it word not put up leaves. Ran for a week of so and it improved.

I would buy another again.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you so much for your review! Happy Swimming.

Zaz

ZazSydney

Very disappointing!

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Customer C.Zodiac

Review collected in partnership with Zodiac

AshBrisbane

Parts costs

I have lost count of the number of diaphragms I've replaced.

Worse, I have had to replace the yellow cylindrical bit of plastic twice @ $175 each. For a bit of 50c plastic!!

No more, getting a different brand from here on.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Ash

Sorry not yellow, it's blue.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Ash, Thank you for your Feedback and apologies for the frustration that this matter has caused you. May I ask that you send a DM with your contact details (including email) or Inbox them on Facebook, Thanks.

Willyeckerslike

WillyeckerslikePerth

Drove me mad! Good customer care on here fixed it!

Below is my reciew. We got spare parts from Zodiac and it has worked perfect since. I would recommend this product asistakes happen in manufacturing. Zodiacs customer care was great.

I work away a fair bit and bought this as a friend recommended it thinking it would be ok to leave with the family to use. It was great but after 6 months it hardly works. I have to pick it up by the nearest hose and shake it. Then it works for a bit but stops again, tried all the suggestions on YouTube but alas it doesn't work any better.

Purchased in September 2017.

Pool Size Small
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, thanks for the response! Yes I am in Perth.

Customer C.Zodiac

Great! May I ask if you can inbox your details via our Facebook Page of DM on Product Review? We can get the ball rolling and your cleaner up and running!!

Dus

DusAuckland

Useless

I spent maybe 6 hours trying different configuration to have it to stop getting stuck. At the end it costed me an extra deflector (for the price the unit could come with the different sizes deflector...). Then you can just forget about it if like me you have a concrete pool with some mosaic coming loose. It looks like Zodiac engineer made the inside diameter of the diaphragm the exact same size of the most common mosaic square. If any are coming loose they get stuck inside and the unit stop working...

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Dus, This is the Australian version of Product Review, If you are able to place your review on the correct region, they can address these issues for you, Thanks.

Steveburpengary east

Not at all happy

Bought a Zodiac G2 late 2017, for the first 6 weeks or so I couldn't fault it but now it only goes around the bottom of the pool and as soon as it tries to go up the side it sucks itself down in the corner and stays there, it will stay there for days until someone physically moves it. I've tried adjusting eyeballs, moving the weight, lengthening/shortening the hose, increasing/decreasing the flow and backwashing, nothing helps.

Steve G

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Steve, Sorry to hear that you are having these issues. May I ask if you have spoken to our Customer Care team? We would love to be able to try and get your Cleaning up and running for you. Thanks.

No I haven't

Customer C.Zodiac

Are you able to send us your details via Facebook Inbox or Private message on Product Review and we can contact you, Thanks.

TrevPerth

Good pool cleaner but let down by poor quality diaphragm

Used Zodiac pool cleaners for many years. My 1 yr old G2 works well but seriously let down by poor quality diaphragms, 3 units which has failed after about 2 months. Genuine replacements overpriced. Generic brands much cheaper and seem to last longer. Zodiac seem to know about the problem but as far as i know have done nothing to rectify it. Thus now looking for alternative.product.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Trev, Thanks for your review. We here at Zodiac take all Feedback seriously and is reported to our R&D Team. May I ask if you have spoken to or would like to speak to one of our Customer Care team? Thanks.

Trev

No I haven't spoken to customer care team.
Diaphragm fails at same location each time at circular date stamp. Can send phito if required.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Trev, Sorry to hear that you are having these issues. If you would like to speak to one of our Customer Care team, please call 1300 763 021 or you can email photos and your contact details to apac.technicalsupport@zodiac.com, Thanks.

Perhaps I'm easily pleased

I read some reviews (mostly bad) on the Zodiac G2. I had one for 13 years & in that time replaced the diaphragm twice, the skirt & foot once. It cleaned the pool perfectly, picking up the many daily gum leaves. I have just replaced it with a T5 duo because it is supposed to be.the replacement for the G2. So far, it is put putting around the pool, up the walls and doing the job just as well as the G2 - but quieter.

Date PurchasedJan 2005
Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you for your review.

A good cleaner when it is going

I have had this product for just over 3 years and when it is working it does a good job.

The issue I am currently having is that the head comes away from the hose, as there is nothing but friction holding it on.

When this happens the pump has a high chance of burning out if it starts pumping air.

So its a problem having this poor attaching system.

It also goes though diaphrams very quickly due to a design flaw of putting a production date stamp on the diaphram, and this is the point that it breaks after about 6 months.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Steve, Sorry to hear that you are having these issues. If you would like to speak to one of our Customer Care team, please call 1300 763 021, Thanks.

Not Happy

Gets stuck in certain corners of the pool and the Wheel deflector get stuck at the pool eyeballs. If no one is home to untangle it it can stay stuck all day. It is also a bit noisy. Not Happy. Not Happy.Not Happy Not Happy Not Happy Not Happy Not Happy

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Adds L.asked

Where to buy on goldcoast qld

Lawrie

This item was not purchased on the Gold Coast indeed the records of my complaints would show. It was purchased at Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast. This demonstrates the efficiency of Priduct Review and Zodiac you entire system needs an overhaul and made efficient. zodiac by their failure to contact me when I had problems also demonstrate an urgent need for their attention.

Dissapointed

I would suggest try another brand. The money now spent on replasing the diaphragm's could have purchased another cleaner. And now 2 the hoses need replacing. They are clever, they put notches on the hose so now they don't spin as much and wear and need replacing. Parts are a small fortune. I have a relatively new unit but are checking reviews, zodiac are just too expensive to keep up maintenance and I am busy keeping every single receipt for warranty. They work well but the consumable costs are killing me!

Adds L.

Thanks guys but I am immensely happy with my G2 Zodiac it is lasted 8 years with about $100 worth of parts spent on it it has gone brittle over the 8 years and it's time to buy new one I have grown up with pools with my parents for 20 years and this G2 Barracuda would outlive anything my parents had bought it is an awesome cleaner my question is 2 Zodiac where I can purchase and you G2 pool cleaner thanks for your time

jose

joseasked

what is the difference between Zodiac G1, G2 and G3 model pool cleaners

Lawrie

I have no idea of the difference. I would suggest that you look closely at the assistance as given by Zodiac and their call centre if you have problem. I had all sorts of problems and the assistance that I got from the local pool, shop was way ahead of the assistance from Zodiac.

Pamelaasked

Which is the better cleaner the G2 or the new T3 cleaner ? and why? Appreciate you answer as I need to buy a new one.

Peter Lyons

Hi Pamela when I needed a new cleaner I looked at both and decided on the G2. Why, as to me it was a proven product. The T 3 is newer cheaper and has less moving parts. However, on balance I stayed with the G2 as it has served me well.

Pamela

Thanks Peter, I have since spoken to someone from Zodiac and they told me that the G2 is bigger than the T3. I have decided to stay with the G2 model.

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives

CategorySuction Pool Cleaners