Zodiac MX6

MPN: NAI-ZO-RO-MX6-WC215

• Pool Size

BenSydney

Cheap piece of junk

I’ve purchased a house that came with this model pool cleaner (Zodiac mx6). It a does a marginal job of cleaning at best. Constantly becomes stuck in corners and on edges - really frustrating to watch when you pay decent money to run the pump and filter all day. Fails to clean pool walls. Seems to run over the same areas all the time and completely misses others. Every time I’m in the yard I see this heap of trash stuck on the corner of my pool. I’ve adjusted the flow settings and this makes basically no difference to the cleaner’s operation. It’s a total waste of time and money in my opinion. Would rate zero stars if that was an option.

Ben

Thank you for taking the time to reply. "my experience" and "my expectations" have got nothing to do with the review: I'm so sorry you manufacture such terrible products.

Dale

DalePerth, WA

Worked for 5 mins then stuck - Design flaw inherent

Purchased in November 2020 at eBay for A$550.00.

always stuck !!!!

It's stuck and does not fall off the stairs or any protruding lights. If you have stairs, you should not buy this product. This can be a problem if the light is protruding.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$589.00.

Find out how Zodiac MX6 compares to other Suction Pool Cleaners

Hopeless- more time consuming than manually vacuuming

Pool is long and narrow. Not quite ‘lap pool’ but one simple rectangular shape. MX6 copes well with sand and small leaves Sand will get into the mechanism so be prepared to strip it down now and then. Main issue is that it just tangles the hose continuously. Don’t believe the fable about getting the hose length right or laying the hose in the sun. None of these tricks work. You will be trying to untangle the hose every 10 minutes. It’s quicker and less frustrating just vacuuming the pool yourself.

Purchased in December 2018 at Best Pool Supplies.

Dave

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Average cleaner

Purchased in November 2017 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for A$550.00.

Windsurfing V.

Windsurfing V.South East Queensland, QLD

New pool cleaner

Great service and quick supply. Would recommend Best Pool Supplies. Will use them again and others should too. Thanks again love the cleaner. The extras help with keeping the pool clean.

Purchased in July 2020 at Best Pool Supplies for A$575.00.

Wall and Step Cleaning

Gets stuck and does not clean

This MX6 absolutely does not clean my pool at all as it only sits sideways on my steps for the full 8 hours I run my pool. I have tried adjusting the speed. Putting a dog collar. Nothing keeps it off the step except for me knocking it off every 5 minutes. So I have just shortened the hose so it cannot reach the steps and it runs around in a wheelie position. Biggest waste of money. My pool has never looked so bad. Has terrible cleaning power as well. Should have stuck with the Hayward I previously owned. Gave it two stars because I like the way the hoses connect.

Purchased in March 2020.

Hose do not last

I have had the M6 for about a year and a half. I have had to replace all the hose already as they unravel.. At approximately $25 .00 a hose. This product is not worth the investment

David M.

David M.North Queensland, QLD

Great where debris is small

Had this awesome beast for 3 yrs. It's in the pool full time. Replaced a bunch of parts, but only after a very respectable time. Will choke on big stuff

Purchased in July 2017.

Fluidra AustraliaZodiac

Thank you for your kind words, we welcome all feedback and are always happy to receive a positive product review. Have a great day!

Daniel S.

Daniel S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

zodiac mx6

i have a fiberglass pool and the zodiac mx6 can clean the floor effortlessly but... put a wall in front of it and the tracks just spin no climbing action at all

i also have a variable sped pump this also creates other issues when the pump os on high the mx6 can move freely around the floor but once it goes to low speed it stops in its tracks .

so tried to deal with zodiac but they are a waste of time

so i have a mx6 for sale 3 months old and i replaced it with a dolphin m500...its a dream

Poor Warranty Service

Machine ran well for 18 months then the impellar on my MX6 snapped. I have tried to contact their office on 4 occassins and never hear anything more than recorded information. I've tried using the call back system but this breaks down in the middle of the process. I've tried emailing them but have had no responses. I'm beginning to wonder if they have closed permanenently.

A shame, because the basic product wasn't too bad, but after this expereince I would never use them again.

Purchased at Pool and Spa Warehouse for A$529.00.

Mike

MikeBrisbane

Works very well. Low noise.

I have this product for 3 months and used it for cleaning my in ground small pool. I run it for 4 hours per day to clean the pool. It doesn't make much noise and cleans the pool very well. It cleans the walls but hardly cleans the steps.

Pros and cones:
The price is a bit high.
If you set it up correctly, it doesn't stop at corners.
It comes with a Zodiac leaf catcher. This made my life easier.
It has it's own hoses and locking system. So, you will be limited to buying Zodiac brand hoses and can't use your old hoses.
It might be a little early to talk about if it is durable. But, if you need to replace the parts, they seem expensive.

Purchased in September 2019 at Best Pool Supplies for A$515.00.

Wall and Step Cleaning

Extremely happy for 18 months!

The MX6 is the fourth pool cleaner that I have had during my pebble pool's 30 year life (Not counting me in the early years!). I have found the Zodiac MX6 to be exceptionaly good. We have a full beach pool and it cleans right to the top of the walls. However, after 18 months, I find that very small pebbles are now jamming the mechanism after a very short runtime. I have replaced the bottom sweeper brush rotor with the original rotor, thinking that the brushes could be stirring up any tiny loose pebbles, but the problem remains! I am spending so much time fishing it out, pulling it apart and cleaning it and reassembling it - It is becoming a real pain. I am not sure if a tune-up kit will fix the problem or be a waste of money?

Purchased in February 2018 at Best pool Supplies for A$349.00.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi John, If you are able to provide your email address via DM, we will get in touch with you regarding replacement parts. The MX6 has a 2 year warranty. Thanks.

John P.
John P.

Email sent today.
Thank you for your prompt response. BTW, this is our second Zodiac appliance.

no good

Gets stuck on the smallest pieces of debris
Any leaves or sticks cause this unit to jam and I spend more time managing the unit than it does cleaning
At the moment I clean my pool first and then use this cleaner to pick up the dust

Purchased in January 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$499.00.

Pool SizeLarge
ozcons

ozconsSydney Surrounds, NSW

It climbs the pool walls but does not clean them.

Ok for bottom cleaning but I have had to use my old aqua buddy to keep the walls clean in My pebblecrete pool.
Also gets caught up in corners. Mx8 with reverse would have been a better buy.
Now I use my old aqua buddy around 70 percent of the time.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

GBurnettFar North Queensland, QLD

Great cleaner

It certainly does the job, climbs walls, cleans floors, a very good product so far. I wish I had bought the MX8 now having read other reviews due to its superior cleaning quality. Only downside is I needed to buy 1 extra hose because my pool is 9mtrs so it doesn't quite reach one end of the pool.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Thank you for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

GBurnett

Can you tell me if I still need to use the provided Zodiac Flow Control with a Skimtrol MII Speed control plate?

It's perfect for 6 months and then it's totally dead....

Got this new online, worked really well for 6 months and very happy with it. Closed for winter and took it out to start cleaning again. It starts working for 1-2 mins and then it just stays there not moving. Brought it up to check for leaves jamming, there were none.
PS: I think this MX6 can't handle large leaves and gets stuck and jammed easily. It's quite costly for it to last only less than 2 years.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Dan, Your unit has a 2 year warranty. Please call us on 1300 763 021 if you would like to discuss, Thanks.

oowead2

oowead2Bellingen, New South Wales

Flow valve faults stops MX6

If your MX6 stops moving it is a good chance it is the flow valve that causes all the problems with these machines that attach to the machine it self , they sent me out a part that does not have the valve in it and it has not missed a beat since, if not when the valve is closed put super glue on the 2 yellow triangle each side to stop the valve opening up when it is attached to the MX6 and it will fix the problem and will move and climb again

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Please give us a call on 1300 763 021. We can give the advice you need. Thanks!

Constantly jamming even with minor litter

Was excited to discover the promise of a cleaner that wouldn’t leave an uncleaned area, to replace my trusty diaphragm suctioning one. What a disappointment in ensuring all the instructions well read, (something as male new to me!) and be be happy as a clam to see it running well and then stop literally in its tracks...
If your pool has any stringy type leaf material or anything longer than a leaf to pick up DONT BUY ONE!
This type of material wraps around the internal axle and jams.. After 3 clean outs in an hour, back in the box and back to an understanding supplier.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Tony

TonyCairns FNQ

First pool cleaner that can clean my pebblecrete pool properly.

I have a pebblecrete with curves and steps which is a pain in the butt to clean, I hate chasing leaves around the bottom of the pool and scrubbing algae off the walls.

I have tried all sorts of cleaners on a trial base, but just about gave up. I saw the MX6 on youtube working away and thought I would give it a go.
It exceeded my expectations, it climbs walls and even cleans them horizontally!

The fan/propeller on the bottom creates a vortex that cleans off any algae and the suction picks up leaves and grit.

It does exactly as advertised, it just does it so well and quickly. so between running the Zodiac MX6 for 4 hours a week and the normal skimmer box, I have no physical cleaning to do.

Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Appreciate your Feedback! Happy Swimming.