Zodiac T3 Suction

Zodiac T3 Suction

MPN: NAI-ZO-SU-T3-WC205

Steve R.

Steve R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed to say the least.

Had the unit for a few years now but am forever buying new diaphragms as they constantly break. Waste of money. Would never buy again and would highly NOT recommend it.

GregSydney, NSW

Disappointed already after 2 days.

Purchased in November 2019.

Greg

Just went through the whole checking process again, and now running again. Go figure.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Greg, Glad to hear this is up and running. Hopefully, we can bump your review up a few stars and the Cleaner provides the pool experience that you expect!

Poor quality zodiac pool hose sections

Ive had a pool for 16 years. In the last 10 months Ive had to replace more sections of the zodiac interlocking hose than all the others years combined. It is terrible quality and should be removed from sale. It pulls and spirals apart when trying to move or remove the hose and continually splits. I cannot see how it meets Australian standards. The interlocking hose forces one to buy the same type of hose and the normal hose wont attach to the cleaner or other sections of hose. The hose sections are expensive and are simply a disgraceful product

Purchased for $325.00.

Complete Rubbish

If you have a square, rectangular or other shaped pool with sharp corners or steps DO NOT BUY this product as it will get stuck and stay stuck until you manually move it. There is nothing you can do to resolve the issue, I tried in advice from pool shop moving the weight to different positions adding and removing hose sections and adding additional weights even tried it without the top wheel bumper which cost me money as I had to purchase an additional part as you cannot remove the bumper. Nothing works its rubbish as a lot of other reviews state I wish I had listed to them. Just replaced with a $89 cleaner from Aldi and its fantastic doesnt get stuck and even climbs the walls.

Purchased in October 2019 at eBay for $399.00.

Disgruntled

DisgruntledNorth Queensland, QLD

Disappointed with Zodiac T3.

Same general experience and remarks as previous reviews. Only purchased late 2018. Already needing need parts that are available at inflated prices through a retailer only. Hose lengths and other spare parts are exorbitantly priced, and often specialised to the specific model making the user experience regretful. Not a lot of R&D. A lot more marketing and legal.

Purchased in December 2018 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for $400.00.

Useless piece of crap

Do not purchase a zodiac T3 - hoses and diaphragm constantly break, paid $365 for this product, which is useless. After having numerous hoses and diaphragms replaced I finally requested a refund, which was denied. I never purchase another zodiac product! Would give zero stars if I could.

Purchased in June 2017 for $365.00.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Julie. Sorry you have had these issues. If you would like to discuss this matter again, please let me know. Thanks and sorry again.

Julie
Julie

What is the point of discussing further if both zodiac and the retailer are refusing to provide a refund? What would this discussion achieve?

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Julie. We may be able to provide some technical advice or look at the Unit under warranty for you?

northernangler

northernanglerNorth Queensland, QLD

Zodiac T3 T5 pool Cleaner? Utter garbage for the price of the initial purchase and the cost of spares.

Diaphragms in the zodiac T3 have to be replace about every six months. The quality is so bad I wonder how they ever made it to the market. Mine is a few years old and has had probably six replacement diaphragms. They are so badly made one only lasted a few weeks before the inevitable death. Another problem is, (you wont believe this) there is an internal weight to keep it on the bottom and it is enclosed in plastic and is made of plain old steel. It rusts pretty badly and is quite disgusting for a product that is used in salt water. I will never ever buy another Zodiac product. Very poor in every way. What to buy next? a minefield of crap product everywhere. I will stick to manual and clean up when time permits.

Purchased in January 2014.

SteveFar North Queensland, QLD

Barracuda get your quality control in order

Ive had the cleaner nearly 2 years and have replaced the diaphragm 10 times. When are you going to ditch this useless piece of crap. Where is your quality control? Looking elsewhere for a better quality cleaner, never recommend the Zodiac or Barra again.

Purchased in March 2017 for $300.00.

Tom M

Tom MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nothing but trouble

Purchased in November 2017.

Tracey t

Tracey tMelbourne

Terrible- nothing but trouble

We’ve had this for nearly two years and had nothing but trouble. It is constantly getting stuck in the corners, not climbing the wallls and the diaphragms need constant replacing- at $45 a pop. The click together hoses are hopeless and retain memory easily so when it actually does work it goes repeatedly over the same sections. I have spoken to poolworx a few times who said there’s nothing we can do. Very disappointed. My last zodiac lasted for 10 years, this model is a total lemon don’t waste your money.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Tracey, Sorry to hear that have had these issues. May I ask if you have spoken to our Customer Care team directly? thanks.

LindaSouth West, WA

Waste of money

This vacuum keeps going over the same area, gets stuck on the pool light and I need to replace the diaphragm too often as described in other reviews. Not happy.

Purchased in December 2017.

Jim Spittle

Jim SpittleSouth West, WA

Terrible

It only does the edges and then gets stuck in the corner. I have added more hose , less hose , left it in the sun ,changed the weights , added more weights , changed the suction , done everything!!!!

Purchased in December 2018.

Don't waste your money

Have had nothing but trouble since we bought it just before Christmas
Just goes along the edges of the pool then gets stuck in the corner
It has scrapped all along the sides of our fibreglass pool that isn't even a year old yet
I've spoken to the place I bought it from and emailed them a number of times with no reply
Not happy

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Michelle, So sorry to hear this. If we can get your details, we will sort this for you. Please send a DM or Inbox on Facebook, Thanks.

Meee01

Meee01Queensland

Would never buy another

Date PurchasedMay 2015

NeomiNorth Western Region, NSW

Twist Lock Hose - replace after 1 year & on my 4th or 5th diaphragm and replaced cup assembly

The twist lock hose that come with my T3 cleaner is very disappointing - it has only lasted a little over a year and I put it under cover in the shed for winter - which I haven't done with previous hoses which have lasted years longer. I have also had to replace the diaphragm 4 or 5 times in this time period and the cup assembly once. I really don't want to spend another $150 to replace the hose as well. I am very sorry I didn't spend more and buy a robotic cleaner instead of this. I won't be buying any more Zodiac products.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Please give us a call on 1300 763 021 if you have not already spoken with our Customer Care team. Going by the date of your review your Unit is in warranty, Thanks!

Juny

JunySouth East Queensland, QLD

Zodiac T3 pool cleaner

We purchased the Zodiac T3 pool cleaner in May 2018. Now, we have only used it for less than a year and the diaphragm has broken. Since we got it, we have started to take its nightmare every day. It doesn't surround the pool, it's very low power, and it stops so often doesn't matter how you change the power choice anyway. Now our swimming pool has grown up a lot of green algae. It has brought us so much trouble. We do not recommend anyone to purchase this item at any price.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Mike

MikeBrisbane

Diaphragm splits every 3 months

Cleaner works well until the diaphragm splits...just below the yellow reinforced section. If sounds like a common problem, costs
Almost $40 to replace each time. My recommendation is to go with a different cleaner as we have spent over $150 in the past 18 months replacing this poorly designed product. I would love it if zodiac could replace my cleaner with a different model of provide me with an alternative diaphragm that will rectify this reoccurring issue.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Mike. Your Cleaner has a 2 year Warranty. Please call us on 1300 763 021 to discuss your issues. Thanks.

TecoSydney

Twist and Lock Zodiac T3 Barracuda Pool Hoses

The twist and lock hoses that come with Zodiac T3 cleaner appear to be of very poor quality and do not meet Australian conditions as the hoses have only lasted 2 years and now are all disintegrating and need replacement.. They are very expensive to replace with prices for 10 x 1 metre ~ $150 +/-.
If I had found previous reviews of these hoses I would not have bought the Zodiac T3 pool cleaner.
These hoses are proprietary and you are stuck with using them unless you cut your costs and get a no name cleaner that uses standard hoses.
Beware of these hoses unless you want to pay through the nose to replace them every 2 years.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

HI Teco. Thank you for your review, We are sorry to hear that you have had these issues. Your Cleaner would be in warranty (2 year warranty). May I ask if you have spoken with our Customer Care team? Thanks.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Teco, Can you please inbox me your email address? Thanks.

jakiepdelaneys creek

diaphragm #6

diaphragm splits every couple of months, even with the spring on the head at the lowest suction setting would be good if the diaphragm lasted, it gets stuck in the corners too but when new the suction is good probably cheaper to just buy a generic one from bunnings instead of always replacing parts

Date PurchasedJun 2016
jakiep

funny you should say but the new one just broke as well! i have a plate on and yes i have checked the suction level the diaphragm splits in the same place every time

Very good , issue is with the diaphragm, replaced three diaphragm in two years

Cleans leaves from the pool no issues , overall happy , but needs better diaphragm , given this is where the cleaner has to work the hardest , does not get in the way when swimming , leaves pool lovely and clean when in use , shouldn’t have to replace the diaphragm on a regular basis though

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Graham, Thank you for your review. We have taken your Feedback onboard also. Happy Swimming!

Mark R

Mark Rasked

I just bought a Zodiac T3 and the hose is sucking air so that the cartridge filter is not filtering. Had almost cleared the green issue in the pool and went to clean the bottom . When I got home from work the stuff was in suspension in the water again. Is there a way to seal the joints?

Lee W.asked

Like 99% of your reviewers, I think this product is an absolute waste of money. In three years I have spent more money on replacing faulty and poorly manufactured diaphragms than the cost of the pool cleaner. I have to replace diaphragms at least every two to three months. What a disgrace and rip off. How can you put a heat stamp on a piece of rubber so that it is barely a couple of microns thick and expect it not to tear? Where did you find your design engineers? It is total common sense not to mess with integrity of the material so causing a weak spot. Or is this how you make your money? Perhaps this is intentionally poor design so the diaphragm breaks after two months. I will NEVER purchase another zodiac product or recommend them to any one. You have all this negative feedback and have done absolutely nothing to rectify the problem. This is verging on criminal. An absolute disgrace.

Steve

We have had the same issue time and time agaib, wgen will Zodiac fix a problem that they have known about for years?

Lee W.

They seem reluctant to fix a simple problem obviously because it is a money spinner for them. Purchase a better quality product at a quarter of the price on line from China. Alternatively, dump zodiac and buy another brand.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Lee. Sorry to hear of your issues. We do take the feedback given to us seriously. If you would like to lodge a warranty claim or discuss with our team, please let us know, Thanks.

Lydia H.

Lydia H.asked

We couldn’t open the cap to change the diaphragm. Please advise

Linda

I couldn’t either so I’ve taken it to Clark Rubber and they’ve done it for me.

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives