Zoom Travel Insurance

Comprehensive, Frequent Traveller, Standard, etc...

4.2

Bee

BeeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Such great service!

So disappointed that COVID caused my trip to be cancelled! But very grateful to have taken out insurance with Zoom. Being able to get a credit means I can use it for my next trip...hopefully in the not-too-distant fe!

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Hi Bee, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your Zoom experience, we really appreciate it. We hope that we can all begin to travel soon too and look forward to covering you when you can. Warm regards, Eva | Customer Service

Triple Reader

Triple ReaderSouth Australia

A quick and helpful response!

Had so many complications with my travel bookings due to Covid.
But Zoom got back to me immediately and offered a credit for future travel. Really relieved not to me messed around. Big thanks!

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Sue Clutterbuck

Sue ClutterbuckTolmie

A great company to work with.

This is our second time of using zoom for overseas travel. Because of coronavirus this time our trip has been cancelled. Contacted Zoom and they have given us a credit voucher which actually works out to have about 2 1/2 years to complete our next trip. Many thanks Zoom and we will continue to recommend you to others!

AnnetteGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor customer service

Whilst holidaying in NZ in January, I sustained a serious injury. I was impressed with the service I received whilst OS. Since returning the service I have received has been subpar. I have sent them my medical certificate to receive my income supplement payment. It has now been 6 weeks and numerous emails.

I have requested a phone call and have not yet receive such.

DestinationNew Zealand
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Claim ApprovedYes
Insurance Cover ForAdult, Child and Teenager
Annette

Thank you for calling to me and offer your apologies

Joanne

JoanneNortheast, VIC

Timely solution

I emailed Zoom for a refund or credit as unable to travel due to Covid19. They immediately offered a credit voucher for the total amount, valid for 18 months. And if my new travel dates are after the voucher expiry date, I can still redeem my voucher within 548 days. Excellent service, highly recommended!

Rachael P.

Rachael P.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

Excellent service. Reached out about possibly getting a refund for our travel insurance due to COVID19 and having to cancel our trip. Although they couldnt offer a refund (which we completely understand) they went out of their way to offer a credit voucher for the amount we paid valid for 18 months we cant wait to be able to travel again and will definately be using zoom again for our holidays.

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us Rachael. It’s been a challenging few months to say the least and your five star rating is much appreciated. We look forward to covering you when the time is right.

Warm regards,
Eva | Customer Service

Sim

SimSydney, NSW

No refund but travel voucher given instead

After booking a comprehensive policy a while back and then not being able to travel due to the pandemic I was hoping to get a refund for the policy as some other companies are offering. Zoom offered a travel voucher instead which is valid for 18 months. I'm reasonably happy with that and hope we get to use it in time though I would have preferred a refund. I think the 14 day cooling off period shouldn't be applied when you have no option to complete your travel arrangements due to a government shutdown. I appreciate the company doesn't want to lose money but we have lost a lot on this trip, a good option would be to offer a refund if the travel voucher cannot be used in time in my opinion.

DestinationEurope and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Lyn

LynGippsland, VIC

Excellent and highly recommended

We have used Zoom now for three overseas trips; touch wood we have not had to claim, however each time the online booking process has been easy, so I would guess a claim would be satisfactory.

The latest trip was postponed by our Tour Operator due to COVID-19 and Zoom was terrific in providing a travel voucher for 18 months for when we can to travel again. The response to our email was prompt and the service certainly better than we have wished. Thank you.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

researchFirstNortheast, VIC

Do you want an insurer you can rely on & has your back ALL the way?

Zoom, without a doubt, will be our go to insurers! Throughout our dealings with Zoom, they have been professional, understanding and CARING! In current times of hardship, our claim was processed with complete compassion and made us feel valued throughout. It's this personal service that certainly goes a long way when in need of empathy and understanding. Knowing you have chosen an insurer who truly provides full support and comfort all the way is a great piece of mind! Thank you, Harriet and Eva for such a smooth (and caring) process of our claim. We look forward to future dealings with Zoom.

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimOther
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Thanks for choosing Zoom and taking the time to leave us such a wonderful detailed review. It’s been a challenging few months for many Australians and the travel industry, so we really appreciate it.

researchFirst

Hang in there! When we get through this pandemic, we will be sure to reach out to Zoom Insurance again for our travel needs.

Glenn Goh

Glenn GohSydney

Excellent Service

It was a pleasure dealing with Zoom Insurance who has been very understanding during this difficult times. My wife and i were pleasantly surprised when Harriet replied to us that we can't have the premium refunded but a credit voucher can be given to us for future use. This is my first time using Zoom and won't be the last. You have won our confidence in your display of great customer service. Well done!

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Chris W.

Chris W.South East Queensland, QLD

Can’t get a refund

Tried to get a refund, instead was given a voucher which I can’t use due to illness. So advice to anyone thinking about taking out travel insurance with Zoom or any other insurance company, (read the policy fine print).To there credit zoom did give me a refund, thank you for showing empathy to my situation.

WJS

WJSPerth, WA

Most prompt and helpful

We are delighted with the way ZoomZoom dealt with us at this difficult time. They cancelled the existing policy to provide us a credit voucher. Well done Harriet and ZoomZoom. You have won us!

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

This is awesome to hear WJS, we really appreciate the feedback. We look forward to covering you in better travel times. Warm regards, Eva | Customer Service

Amazing.

During these tough times, I was unable to travel. I received a travel voucher for when we are allowed to travel again, no questions asked the team was emailing me about everything I needed to know. Excellent service.

Sara

SaraCanberra 2600, ACT

Great Customer Service during COVID-19 Crisis

The customer service team were great - cancelling my travel insurance I had booked (as currently no international travel is allowed) and giving me a voucher to the full amount I can use on future travel insurance when boarders/ countries open again! GREAT

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Hi Sara, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your Zoom experience, we really appreciate it. We look forward to covering you in future. Warm regards, Eva | Customer Service

Carol Dawe

Carol DaweGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely happy

Harriet was very helpful with my request of helping me postpone my policy until 2021 due to the coved 19 virus we have had to postpone our four week holiday until then and the fact we could hold our insurance policy until we travel within an eighteen month time period is very helpful. I really appreciate this good will gesture and will certainly be using Zoom Travel Insurance in the future. Thank you once again. Regards Carol Dawe

Find out how Zoom Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Prompt replies to emails in difficult pandemic environment.

I haven’t had to make a claim but found Zoom competitive in price and easy to communicate with during the pandemic. Emails answered promptly with voucher for future use issued.

DestinationAfrica
William

WilliamSydney, NSW

Unable to travel. Received fair treatment.

My wife & I were unable to travel due to Corona Virus shut-downs, & have not been able to test Zoom with any claim. Our policy appeared to be good value, & was very easy to set up. Whilst we would have preferred pro-active comms from Zoom, & refund for service which cannot be provided, we are satisfied with the credit vouchers we were issued, & hope we can utilise them if we are able to re-organise a trip similar to the one we missed out on.

Karen J

Karen JIllawarra, NSW

Great Service in Troubled Times

COVID-19 struck and we suffered our cruise cancelled just 36 hours before embarkation. Not needing to claim on the insurance I requested a possible premium refund. While this was not possible, Zoom have provided a credit that I can use within the next 6 months. Very professional and accommodating in my dealing with Zoom. Thank you.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Lotusbud

LotusbudSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

We had bought an insurance policy to cover a very short cruise in Sept 2020.Due to the current Covid19 situation we reluctantly decided not to continue with our plans to cruise due to health concerns.I contacted Harriet at ZOOM and she was able to organize a credit to be used at a later late when it is safer to travel.Thank you ZOOM .....very much appreciated and will certainly use again when we are able to travel.

Julie

JulieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Clear Communication Great Service

Easy to have policy cancelled and get a credit for future travel. Quick response to my email and
I felt that who I dealt with understood my situation. It was great to get a credit on the policy as they
legally could have cancelled it without doing this.

Patrick

Patrickasked

Zoom Travel Insurance

Is zoom travel insurance still operating since their website is down and telephone is playing a message that call can not be answered due to technical dificulties.

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Hi Patrick, Yes we are still operating. Unfortunately, we're experiencing some technical difficulties this morning. Our development team are working their socks off to fix it. Bear with us and we should be back online within the hour.

Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we're experiencing a very high volume of enquiries so the best way to reach us at the moment is via email info@zoomtravelinsurance.com.au.

Warmest regards,
Natalie

Jim Lee

Jim Leeasked

Zoom Travel Insurance

Do your travel insurance cover overseas visitors to Australia?

Hi Jim,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this. As you can imagine, we have been experiencing an extremely high volume of enquiries in relation to covid-19, the resultant travel bans and the impact that this is having on many Australians travel plans.

The best way to reach us is via our customer service team directly, rather than a third party website. You can find our contact details here: https://www.zoomtravelinsurance.com.au/contact-us

To answer your question, unfortunately not. We only provide cover for Australian residents.

I hope you managed to find the cover that you were looking for.

Warm regards,
Eva, Customer Service

Davidasked

Zoom Travel Insurance

Several adults are going to Vietnam for holidays in 3 weeks time,and wondering if we are covered for coronavirus if we catch it.

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Hi David, The best way to have any questions about the cover offered by Zoom travel insurance answered is to contact us directly. You can contact our friendly customer service consultants via online webchat, email or phone. https://www.zoomtravelinsurance.com.au/contact-us

To answer your query, we have a general exclusion in our policy relating to epidemics and pandemics, so anything related to the coronavirus is unlikely to be covered. Having said that, all medical emergencies are referred to our 24/7 emergency medical assistance team and all claims are assessed based on individual facts and circumstances.

I am part of the marketing team and unfortunately I am unable comment on specific cases and can only offer general advice and direct you to the policy wording, sorry.

Warmest regards, Eva

David

Thank you for information.

Get an answer from our members and Zoom Travel Insurance representatives