Zoom Travel Insurance
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Zoom Travel Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (9) · No (4)
Sue
Sue

Service from an Insurance company

Had previous experience with another big name travel insurance company and the experience was horrifying. Zoom was the complete opposite. We had our trip cancelled due to covid-19 so we needed to cancel our travel insurance. With Zoom it was straight forward and easy. Sure there were fees, but very reasonable and it was easy to deal with them. I will definitely use Zoom travel insurance again as we have 2 trips planned and taking a group with us on the next 2 trips so will recommend Zoom to our fellow travelers.

HowardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Contacting Zoom is impossible

I had to cancel a policy during co-vid and a credit was issued-good so far-then tried to use the credit but to uptake the credit a sales adviser has to ring you to enable you to use the credit. Bad news as difficult it is to contact them which is impossible unless you ring the USA-no one rings you back or contacts you. I have emailed them 7 times. Imagine if you were in a dire predicament-who ya gonna call-ghost busters.

• Incentivised Review No
  • DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
RadSydney, NSW

Fraud

Terrible - avoid

They don't offer any support or coverage and go out of their way to get out of taking care of any of their customers who have an emergency on their trip. The very reason why one would take out insurance in the first place. No covid disruption support and their emergency number is a recorded message - I called it several times while stuck in Zurich Airport and they flat out denied on their social media and through emails that this is the case. Just Avoid doing your insurance with this company if you are looking for protection on your travels. Will never buy travel insurance with them, once bitten forever shy.

VipKas
VipKas

Amazing Customer service

The customer service, Benjamin, was really helpful and super quick responded to our inquiries. Unfortunately the policies didn’t meet the requirements of the country we were going to so we had to cancel our insurance. The company offered a full refund without any problem at all. We got everything sorted out within a day! Thank you Benjamin:)

Great Customer Service

As a result of Covid we had our trip cancelled, we were quite upset that again our journey had been disrupted again. We spoke to Zoom and requested a call to explain our situation as it was too long to type via email ( Zoom's is email only at the moment) Spoke to one of the customer service team. He was supportive, Understandable and listened to my needs and offered us a pro-rata refund of our policy premium. I'm very very impressed with the response and level of customer service Zoom provides.

Once travel is back to normal i will be purchasing our insurance with them.

Travel Insurance ExpertZoom Travel InsuranceSend a private message

Thanks for the positive feedback Dace. We look forward to covering you in the future when the time a right.

Warm regards,
Eva | Social Media Team

Dr Maurice Curwood
Dr Maurice CurwoodGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Tour cancelled by provider, Zoom provided a credit

• DestinationNew Zealand

Travel insurance and COVID-19: what you need to know

For many, international travel is back on the cards. Getting travel insurance that covers COVID-19 related events can give you peace of mind so that you can enjoy your trip while being safe, smart, and prepared - and you should know what to look out for before you shop around.

Clara V.
Clara V.
travel-insurance-and-covid-19-what-you-need-to-know
Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020

Good support and prompt replies regarding policy queries.

Due to the uncertainty of travel it is good to have a company that understands this and gives advice and support regarding insurance policies that they offer. I found the customer support team helpful.

Great for motorcycling overseas and flexible in times of COVID

I've used Zoom a number of times now, because they cover licensed motorcyclists hiring bikes > 200cc overseas. Their conditions ( wear helmet, have appropriate Australian license etc ) are practical and sensible.

This time I've had to postpone because of Omicron Covid rates rapidly rising. Zoom customer service have been great, very responsive in cancelling my latest unused policy and giving me a voucher for the full amount, to use within a generous 18 months time-frame. This timely and flexible response by Zoom inspired me to write this review.

Brenda
BrendaCanberra 2600, ACT

Excellent customer service

The quick and positive response I received to an after-sale question has given me confidence that Zoom will be there if my son needs to make a claim. Thank you.

• Incentivised Review No
  • DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Budgie
BudgieDarwin, NT

everyone is grateful but wait

reading all the wonderful reviews regarding Zoom as they issued a credit voucher for travel that has been cancelled - well, have you tried using your credit voucher, I have been trying to use this for the last two weeks and of course you cant' ring them, and you can't apply a credit voucher number when purchasing, so what use is it??? Keep going round in circle as they reissue my quote but at full price and no voucher discount. Hate to think what it would be like to make a claim.
Might be best to stay clear of these guys.

Benjamin was fabulous

We never ended up going ahead with a Zoom policy (we booked through their sister company 1cover due to their additional COVID-19 medical cover), but I wanted to still write this to acknowledge Benjamin. He has been absolutely superb throughout the whole process of switching over. My past experience with Zoom has also been great, so I just wanted to say thanks to Ben and the whole team at Zoom for being so easy to deal with.

Great Service shoutout Eva

Booked travel insurance for 3 month trip overseas. Had to cancel my trip but Eva at Zoom was able to refund me the whole amount i'd spent almost immediately. I appreciate the clear communication and transparency from Zoom. Will be using again.

• DestinationEurope
SandyH
SandyHSydney, NSW

Zoom was one of the cheapest quotes for our domestic trip, but I really purchased based on their positive Google comments. I'm so glad I did.

We had our trip to Noosa cancelled due to the travel restrictions and even though we were outside of the cooling-off period, Zoom allowed us to change our dates or take a credit towards a future policy.

Sia was such a pleasure to deal with. So friendly and understanding of our circumstances. I'd definitely recommend Zoom to others.

Fed up