Zoom Travel Insurance

Comprehensive, Domestic, Frequent Traveller, etc...
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Zoom Travel Insurance

4.1
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (9) · No (3)
SandyH
SandyHSydney, NSW

Zoom was one of the cheapest quotes for our domestic trip, but I really purchased based on their positive Google comments. I'm so glad I did.

We had our trip to Noosa cancelled due to the travel restrictions and even though we were outside of the cooling-off period, Zoom allowed us to change our dates or take a credit towards a future policy.

Sia was such a pleasure to deal with. So friendly and understanding of our circumstances. I'd definitely recommend Zoom to others.

Fed up
Fed up

Customer service claim process

Dave from OZ
Dave from OZPerth

Excellent Public Relations

Took out a 1 year FT ZOOM Policy for all of 2020, International travel was banned from Australia 18th March 2020. Contacted ZOOM 2 days ago and Zoom gave us a $498 pro-rata Credit Voucher for portion of unused policy, very happy outcome, more than what Princess Cruises did for us! Highly recommend ZOOM.

Bee
BeeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Such great service!

So disappointed that COVID caused my trip to be cancelled! But very grateful to have taken out insurance with Zoom. Being able to get a credit means I can use it for my next trip...hopefully in the not-too-distant fe!

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Hi Bee, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your Zoom experience, we really appreciate it. We hope that we can all begin to travel soon too and look forward to covering you when you can. Warm regards, Eva | Customer Service

Triple Reader
Triple ReaderSouth Australia

A quick and helpful response!

Had so many complications with my travel bookings due to Covid.
But Zoom got back to me immediately and offered a credit for future travel. Really relieved not to me messed around. Big thanks!

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Sue C
Sue CTolmie

A great company to work with.

This is our second time of using zoom for overseas travel. Because of coronavirus this time our trip has been cancelled. Contacted Zoom and they have given us a credit voucher which actually works out to have about 2 1/2 years to complete our next trip. Many thanks Zoom and we will continue to recommend you to others!

AnnetteGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor customer service

Whilst holidaying in NZ in January, I sustained a serious injury. I was impressed with the service I received whilst OS. Since returning the service I have received has been subpar. I have sent them my medical certificate to receive my income supplement payment. It has now been 6 weeks and numerous emails.

I have requested a phone call and have not yet receive such.

Annette

Thank you for calling to me and offer your apologies

Joanne
JoanneNortheast, VIC

Timely solution

I emailed Zoom for a refund or credit as unable to travel due to Covid19. They immediately offered a credit voucher for the total amount, valid for 18 months. And if my new travel dates are after the voucher expiry date, I can still redeem my voucher within 548 days. Excellent service, highly recommended!

Rachael P.
Rachael P.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

Excellent service. Reached out about possibly getting a refund for our travel insurance due to COVID19 and having to cancel our trip. Although they couldnt offer a refund (which we completely understand) they went out of their way to offer a credit voucher for the amount we paid valid for 18 months we cant wait to be able to travel again and will definately be using zoom again for our holidays.

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us Rachael. It’s been a challenging few months to say the least and your five star rating is much appreciated. We look forward to covering you when the time is right.

Warm regards,
Eva | Customer Service

Sim
SimSydney, NSW

No refund but travel voucher given instead

After booking a comprehensive policy a while back and then not being able to travel due to the pandemic I was hoping to get a refund for the policy as some other companies are offering. Zoom offered a travel voucher instead which is valid for 18 months. I'm reasonably happy with that and hope we get to use it in time though I would have preferred a refund. I think the 14 day cooling off period shouldn't be applied when you have no option to complete your travel arrangements due to a government shutdown. I appreciate the company doesn't want to lose money but we have lost a lot on this trip, a good option would be to offer a refund if the travel voucher cannot be used in time in my opinion.

Lyn
LynGippsland, VIC

Excellent and highly recommended

We have used Zoom now for three overseas trips; touch wood we have not had to claim, however each time the online booking process has been easy, so I would guess a claim would be satisfactory.

The latest trip was postponed by our Tour Operator due to COVID-19 and Zoom was terrific in providing a travel voucher for 18 months for when we can to travel again. The response to our email was prompt and the service certainly better than we have wished. Thank you.

researchFirstNortheast, VIC

Do you want an insurer you can rely on & has your back ALL the way?

Zoom, without a doubt, will be our go to insurers! Throughout our dealings with Zoom, they have been professional, understanding and CARING! In current times of hardship, our claim was processed with complete compassion and made us feel valued throughout. It's this personal service that certainly goes a long way when in need of empathy and understanding. Knowing you have chosen an insurer who truly provides full support and comfort all the way is a great piece of mind! Thank you, Harriet and Eva for such a smooth (and caring) process of our claim. We look forward to future dealings with Zoom.

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Thanks for choosing Zoom and taking the time to leave us such a wonderful detailed review. It’s been a challenging few months for many Australians and the travel industry, so we really appreciate it.

researchFirst

Hang in there! When we get through this pandemic, we will be sure to reach out to Zoom Insurance again for our travel needs.

Glenn Goh
Glenn GohSydney

Excellent Service

It was a pleasure dealing with Zoom Insurance who has been very understanding during this difficult times. My wife and i were pleasantly surprised when Harriet replied to us that we can't have the premium refunded but a credit voucher can be given to us for future use. This is my first time using Zoom and won't be the last. You have won our confidence in your display of great customer service. Well done!

Chris W.
Chris W.South East Queensland, QLD

Can’t get a refund

Tried to get a refund, instead was given a voucher which I can’t use due to illness. So advice to anyone thinking about taking out travel insurance with Zoom or any other insurance company, (read the policy fine print).To there credit zoom did give me a refund, thank you for showing empathy to my situation.

DestinationAustralia
Claim Made No
WJS
WJSPerth, WA

Most prompt and helpful

We are delighted with the way ZoomZoom dealt with us at this difficult time. They cancelled the existing policy to provide us a credit voucher. Well done Harriet and ZoomZoom. You have won us!

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

This is awesome to hear WJS, we really appreciate the feedback. We look forward to covering you in better travel times. Warm regards, Eva | Customer Service

Read more reviews - page 2

Jennifer Cashel
Jennifer Cashelasked
Zoom Travel Insurance

I had a trip overseas booked for 7 of September 2020 to the 5th of October 2020 it was canceled due to the COVID I have been trying to get in touch with zoom travel insurance for months by phone and by email to my refund and they have not replied my email is busman366@outlook.com my policy number is z-c125615 it was issued 4/2/2020for $492.70
I really wish they would get in touch with me because I am beginning to think that they are not reliable?
Raymond Cashel

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Hi Raymond (or Jennifer), Thanks for your query.

Sorry to hear about your trip being cancelled. During these challenging times and the extraordinary circumstances of the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic and travel bans, we are offering flexible options for our customers.

You can change the dates or amend your policy start date to be up to 12 months (365 days) in advance of your policy issue date. If you're unable to travel within this timeframe, or you are unsure when you may travel again, you may be eligible for a travel insurance credit so that you can buy a policy when the time is right for travel and you've confirmed your new details.

You can learn more about the credit voucher terms here: https://www.zoomtravelinsurance.com.au/coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic/covid-19-credit-voucher-terms

I have looked up your policy and our email communications and we don't seem to have received any emails from you. I will have have someone from our customer service team contact you within the next few days.

Warm regards, Natalie | Social Media Team

Patrick
Patrickasked
Zoom Travel Insurance

Is zoom travel insurance still operating since their website is down and telephone is playing a message that call can not be answered due to technical dificulties.

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Hi Patrick, Yes we are still operating. Unfortunately, we're experiencing some technical difficulties this morning. Our development team are working their socks off to fix it. Bear with us and we should be back online within the hour.

Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we're experiencing a very high volume of enquiries so the best way to reach us at the moment is via email info@zoomtravelinsurance.com.au.

Warmest regards,
Natalie

Jim Lee
Jim Leeasked
Zoom Travel Insurance

Do your travel insurance cover overseas visitors to Australia?

Hi Jim,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this. As you can imagine, we have been experiencing an extremely high volume of enquiries in relation to covid-19, the resultant travel bans and the impact that this is having on many Australians travel plans.

The best way to reach us is via our customer service team directly, rather than a third party website. You can find our contact details here: https://www.zoomtravelinsurance.com.au/contact-us

To answer your question, unfortunately not. We only provide cover for Australian residents.

I hope you managed to find the cover that you were looking for.

Warm regards,

Emergency Dental$500$500$500Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not Included$3,000$3,000$3,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot Included$50 per day, up to $2,500$5,000Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot Included$10,400Not Included
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot Included$25,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot Included$250Not Included
Delayed Luggage Not IncludedNot Included$250Not Included
Credit Card FraudNot Included$2,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$5,000 as part of Travel Documents coverNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not Included$2,000$5,000Not Included
Maximum Single Item Limit Not Included$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not Included$7,500$7,500$7,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000$2,500,000$5,000,000$5,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Not IncludedOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any size
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included