Gold Coast

OMG Don't DO IT.. Im going back to Click

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

The worst support ever, Over charging for guessing usage for small households in the 1000's. And refusing to correct the matter and only offering support to the fact we have to pay for service if someone needs to correct it etc. There phone support is as good as me calling my young ones Kindy and asking her friends for support,, Yes 3 Year olds.. I am going back to Click. I was sill changing as Click was really good.. Lesson learnt.

Currently hearing of similar or worse stories from Work Colleagues and friends

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi D3FCON, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Alinta. We aim to give our customers a positive experience so I do apologise if you feel we have failed you here. I will PM you to get some m... read more »

Connecting power

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I have a credit history with no defaults. I signed up to alinta and was told that I would have someone come out between. 1 and 6. After waiting several hours i decided to call. They could not find any account details for me. After 2 hrs I was told that I was denied credit. I have just brought a house so know it was not bad credit history. My family tonight is now without power for an entire 3 days and I have a baby. We are now out of pocket for temporary accommodation whilst we wait for the power to be connected on Monday. Very very angry and do not recommend this company at all. All they want is you to sign up then dont provide you with the
service as promised.

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi Gemma, we take these complaints very seriously. I would like to follow this up for you and find out why this delay has happened and how we can resolve this issue for you.
I will PM you now to get some more details. Thanks, Lou

Fraud company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Give you a bill without any confirmation of you sign or paper , they just send bill .
That’s a stupid things i ever seen .
When I call them for why did you send bill for what they have no answer on phone said that I don’t know you are not in system.

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi Ankit, sorry for the confusion. I'm happy to follow this up for you and will PM you now to get more details. Thanks, Lou

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Do not ever go with this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I hope you never have the misfortune of signing up with this company. Initially they offer this great discount and then they charge you monthly, my bills have never been so expensive. We changed over from gas to electricity in our home. The only thing we had on gas was our ducted heating which we only used on very cold days. This was the same heating we have had for years and was never expensive. But for one item our quarterly bill worked out to approximately $900. PLEASE, PLEASE do not ever go with this company.

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi Dee, I'm sorry to hear of your experience with us. I'd really like to investigate this further for you, as we aim to make every customer experience a positive one. I will PM you to get more details. Thanks, Lou

Dawn Sherlock Morley crt Frankston Vic. Hi As I said in my comment I am very disappointed. I did phone up and query the bill as only having the heater the bill was astronomical. But the response wa... read more »

They over charge people for unused energy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I just had been with them for 6 months, for my business and residential power. I am glad that pulled out from their contract. They have charged me double of what i used to pay to my previous supplier. The worst thing is, I got back to my previous supplier and disconnected from alinta before we move the house on 04/11/2018 and Alinta has charged me continuously up to 23/11/2018. This is an absolutely robbery. I will notify every one to be cautious to join this company. They should be reported to consumer affairs in Australia and I will be the one will do it. I am not going to pay the company one more penny as they have to compensate me for all stress and hassle they have been giving me. In six months dealing with them, i remember that called them several times and they couldn't realize that I have two accounts with them and mostly i had to stay on line up to 15 minutes until they sort that out which account i'm talking about. I dont recommend them at all.

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi Shabnam, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with us. This seems very unusual to continue to bill you after you have disconnected with us. Please let me investigate this for you, as we ... read more »

Very poor customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Mistakenly decided to switch over to them months ago. Then when I learned it was going to take 4 months from the date of application to even be transferred over because of an administrative error on their end or pay for an expedited transfer I cancelled my request to transfer but they managed to even botch that up and still transferred me. Several frustrating phone calls. Promises made by customer service reps that weren’t met and blatantly false notes of previous conversations I had with them. Appalling service. Not worth the few pennies they may be cheaper than the others.

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi NWM, i'm sorry to hear of your experience with Alinta. We take this feedback very seriously, I would like to investigate this matter for you. I will PM you now to get some more information. Thanks, Lou

ACCC

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Found my bill went from being in front to owing more then 800 for a quarterly bill in a bedsitter. Would suggest any other's been ripped of contact ACCC or visit there website.

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi Jason, I'm sorry to hear this. There maybe many factors into why this has happened which i'm more than happy to investigate for you. I will PM you know to get more information. Thanks,Tigi

• 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

No bill sent - just a late notice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Signed up with Alinta and was offered a pay on time discount which was impossible to redeem when they didn't send a bill - only a late notice. Feels like a scam. Getting ready to switch back to Origin if it happens again.

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi SB, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles receiving the bill. This is definitely something I'd like to look into for you as it does seem a little odd that a bill was not received. I'll PM you now. Thanks,Tigi.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

This company has destroyed my credit score, and reduced back down after making appropriate payments on my previous agl bills, i haven’t applied for a line of credit for so long and went to check my updated score and sure enough it had been reduced by almost 50 points putting me back into below average. So not even getting a chance with Alinta energy just a disheartening letter saying they take into account my credit history. Which was absolutely fine till this MOB moved in. If anyone was half smart do not go for a company that does not deliver. Stay with the AGL and ORIGIN everyone knows them but they get the job done.

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi Shane, thanks for making us aware of this. Upon applying for one of our plans, you would of been informed that a credit check needed to take place. We do apologise if this has impacted your cred... read more »

Australind

Double charged

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Never going back to Alinta energy.
They charged me twice every bill. I only noticed after six months of paying hundreds of dollars extra

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi Sam, very sorry to hear of your troubles. I would like to have this resolved for you if it has not been done already. I will send you a pm to get more information off you. We do hope to keep our... read more »

They refunded me the money and apologiesed.
That is why I again took the alinta connection for my new house.
Unfortunately it happened again.
I had enough.

Unable to correct mistakenly transferring my account without 3 hours of phone calls from me.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Alinta transferred my account from my provider without any authorisation from me. I called on a Thursday morning and they claimed someone in a different unit but in the same block has requested this. It appeared Alinta had the wrong meter number, they disputed this when I told them it was my meter, but would look into it. On Saturday morning I had a final bill from my provider, obviously Alinta had not resolved this. After over 3 hours of phone calls Alinta finally conceded it was their mistake, they had made a mistake with the address. Ok I can understand that clerical mistakes happen, but there was no follow up on Thursday when I first brought this to their attention. And trying to get through to a customer service rep who would/could deal with this was a Nightmare. I had one rep even tell me my identification number and address was not on their database - it was. Even though they admit their mistake they cannot stop this happening again and only suggestion was that I now resign back up with my provider.

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi, I am so sorry to hear this. We should be able to organise a retroactive transfer. If you wouldn't mind sending me your name and property address in a private message to I can have my team follo... read more »

Brisbane

• 2 comments
Private message

Dishonest. No credit for Feed-in tariff.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Being a residential customer with a solar system on roof, Alinta offer me $0.11/kwh FIT and I have been a customer since 12/2017. A bit low compared to others but coupled with 28% off the electricity bills paid on time so that is cool by me. It has been 4 quarters with them and like other average customers the only thing I checked was how much I have to pay each for each bill. Had some time for myself going through all the bills yesterday and I realised that Alinta have never credited my solar feed-in for the last 4 quarters (since the contract starts). I rang them and the customer service agent could not explain to me what went wrong. I pressed on the matter and she advised that they are going to review all the bills and get back to me within 5 days. Lets wait and see. What if I did not review my last bills? What about other customers who probably set automatic payments and never look at their bills in detail. I am tempted to contact Australian Competition and Consumer Commission if this issue is not resolved satisfactorily. Will keep you posted.

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi Quang, Thank you for getting in touch. This is extremely concerning. We'd really like to look into this further and ensure you your problem is sorted ASAP. Could you please PM us your account de... read more »

Hi Kez, I am not sure how to send PMs here. I was advised that your customer service team is on the case (I hope). I can send you the details via email if you like. I can only hope this is a genuin... read more »

Alinta Official

Hi Quang, I have sent you a message that you should be able to respond to with the information we need to look into this billing situation for your. Thanks, Kez

Rude door knocking representatives

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Alinta should train their door knockers to take NO for an answer. I said five times not interested thanks, and he kept on talking at me!!! Really rude......

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi Rmt, I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience are concerned to get this feedback. Would be keen to understand what happened in more detail. Do you mind, PM’ing your details so we can work on improving future customer experiences? Thanks Kez.

Blatant lying by ALINTA ENERGY to get new customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

We recently moved into a house with a solar system in Qld. The previous owner had used ALINTA ENERGY so I thought I would try them first. The rates they quoted were essentially the same as other providers, except they offered me a 55c Feed In Tariff (FIT). This seemed to good to be true, so I asked for this to be confirmed. I then rang back the next day and another salesperson checked my account - still 55c FIT and was told that it would not be changed for at least 6 months.

On the day before we moved in (3 days after I spoke with them) we received a letter saying the tariffs had changed. I rang to enquire and they told me it would be 11c FIT. I will refer this to the Energy & Water Ombudsman Qld (https://www.ewoq.com.au/how-we-can-help/), but just wanted to warn people to be very sceptical of anything ALINTA ENERGY says if they are trying to get your business.

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi Bts, Thanks for getting in touch. We’re concerned to hear this and would really appreciate the opportunity to investigate further. So we can have our team look into this and get back in touch wi... read more »

will sign out after one month

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2018

When I received my first bill from alinta, I was totally shocked... expensive then any other company I have compare which I don't know why alinta isn't on the compare list. But now I know...I use alinta cuz last resident use it and It's my first time to rent a house connect to the supplier. I made lots of phone calls to make sure if there is any other fee except supply and usage. Every time they told me no. But now, I was charged $90 for reconnection which is ridiculous and beyond the normal range! Now, I have to make more phone calls to argue with them and change to other supplier...Time waster...I wish I see these reviews first...

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi Jean, I am sorry to hear about the shock of your bill. I'd be happy to look into this for you if you wouldn't mind responding to the message I have sent with some of your details. Thank you Kez.

Customer service is extremely poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

I applied for power to be connected to my property on the day I moved in which happened to be a Friday. When I applied I was told that they do a credit check. I told them that my credit is not that great and was told they would do the check and get back to me asap. Comes to the day before I am due to move in (Thursday at 12 noon.) and they ring me to say that I have been rejected. This left me with absolutely no time to go through another provider before move in date and either have to pay a ridiculous amount to get connected or wait until Monday. Absolute joke. Wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy!.

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi Trav, Thank you for reaching out, I am so sorry to hear you feel the communication was less then satisfactory. We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways we can improve custom... read more »

I'm happy!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

I'm surprised with all the bad reviews on Alinta. I switched to Alinta for my electricity 12 months ago and am really happy with them. I am saving and if it did get more expensive than Origin, I would simply switch again. I don't see any problems Thank you.

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi Justme, thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share this experience. If you have any queries or need help in the future, just let us know or don't hesitate to give us a message. Thanks Kez

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Want to be frustrated, angry,helpless!!! Sign up nowww with Alinta

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

1.5 months ago I moved to a new property and sign up with Alinta for gas and electricity. Then I discovered my meter was registered to a wrong address. It takes me >20 phone calls, several emails to correct meter number. Every time I call I have to tell the whole story and after 20 minutes the agent will say I have to transfer your call to another department. After talking with them for about an hour finally, the agent says everything is sorted out. The information will be updated in the next 6 business days. You might think you can relax now.

When you don't get any confirmation email and call them after 6 days, surprisingly history repeats. It's like you are beginning from the start. Its a never ending story.

I call them today (22 November 2018). Talk for 30 minutes. (Not) surprisingly I have to tell them the whole story. The agent told me I have to wait for 6 business days and after that, they can get billing right and then they can proceed with my solar application. When I tell them last week you send me the application form and I replied to your email. Suddenly they say now you need to wait for 2 weeks to get a call to install Smart meter.

23 November 2018: They call me and ask me to send a new SEG number. I send them on the same date.

27 November 2018: I call them and repeat the whole story. Ask them to give me some update on my account. They ask me for the SEG number. I told them I send it on 23 November. The agent told me she didn't check my email. She asks me to call on 3 December. On this day they will raise me Service Order.

Very confusing and frustrating customer service. I signed with theem almost 2 months ago and already thinking of running away from them!!!

(Note: This soap opera hasn't finished yet. Follow me to see the end of this drama)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi Zaheed, I am currently working on this case for you after your message on the 22nd. The head of our on boarding team based in Melbourne is following your case and organising the resolution for y... read more »

Hi Jay, today the agent ask me to call on 3 December (the magic 6 days) to raise the Service Order. I ask her why I should call. Do I need to give any info or fill up a form or a signature? She rep... read more »

Alinta Official

My onboarding manager has tried to contact you already today. He has assured me he will attempt to call you again after his next meeting. Jay

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Terrible prices even with “discount”

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

Got tricked by a door knocker into switching to alinta for gas after he promised I wouldn’t possibly get a better price anywhere and with the “discount” on top it sounded great! Until we got the first bill which was a lot higher than any other we’d received before. Finally after 6 months and $1,400 in just gas bills (for a couple in a small house, both working 8-10hr days) we’d had enough, and cancelled our account. Stay away, I wish I’d read the reviews before signing up what a big mistake it was to let this company into our home. Now we are back to paying $60 a month fixed through DODO (highly recommend DODO). They can say I’m just a customer with a bad experience but read the countless other reviews on here, we can’t all be wrong? If this stops just one person from being ripped off from this company then I’ll be happy.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi Jeff, Thank you for getting in touch. We understand that high bills can be really frustrating. Please do keep in mind that in winter some bills can be higher then you would usually expect, due t... read more »

Condsidering we’ve lived in the same house same circumstances for 3yrs previous to switching to alinta and the fact that your “discounted” rates were not even close to our costs previously, I find ... read more »

Alinta Official

Than you for the feedback Jeff, I honestly understand the difficulty of receiving a bill that is completely unforeseen. If you don't mind, I know you mentioned you don't want to take anything furth... read more »

Kandos, NSW

• 6 comments
  • 12 helpful votes

Appalling experience with Alinta

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

I recently purchased a new home and the energy deal Alinta was offering looked pretty good, so I filled in all the details online to organise a connection over a week before I was due to move in. When I arrived at the house a week later - a few days prior to moving - the electricity had not been connected on the day arranged. I rang Alinta, who have their reps situated overseas (very hard to understand what they were saying and they were completely out of touch with Australian culture) and they said to check the metre box (situated on the front porch - easy access) to check the digital readout, metre number and the switches. I did this, noting that the boxes were in excellent condition and quite new looking) I told them the readout said 'disconnected' and they said to ensure the switches were in the 'off' position, which they were. I was told that someone would be there in the next 4 hours to connect the service, and I would receive a phone call from Alinta once it was connected. I then received another phone call from them 2 hours later going over the same details and no further information from them - left me feeling a little bewildered as to the purpose of the call. I didn't hear back from them until around 4.30pm the following day (the day prior to moving day) to advise me that they couldn't connect due to problems with access. They said their system showed two attempts to access the property but there was a problem. There couldn't be a simpler access to the metre on this property - there is no front fence or gate, a direct path to the front porch where the metres are staring you in the face by the front door. I told them that I didn't understand how there was an access problem and pressed them for details on why it was a problem, yet they couldn't supply any further information as to why. I was then put on hold several times and then put through to different departments, each time having to state my full name, DOB, phone number and email address, and each time having to explain my situation as the previous department didn't explain anything to the dept they transferred me to. I was then told that Alinta were unable to connect the power supply as I would have to arrange for an electrician to supply a certificate to say the electrical system in the house was ok before they would connect the electricity because as far as they were concerned they didn't know if the electricity had been disconnected for 12 months or more. By this stage, my blood was boiling. I told them the electricity had been disconnected from the prior owners only a few days prior - I know this because I was there with the previous owners having a cuppa with them before they left! I have moved house several times over the years and have never once experienced any problems getting power connected. I am absolutely appalled by Alinta Energy's handling of this and for leaving me in the lurch at the worst possible time with no power. I told them I want to withdraw my application for their 'service' and the Alinta rep asked if I wouldn't like to reconsider and she started reeling off all the benefits and discounts available if I proceeded. There was no empathy, no understanding of my situation, and no care whatsoever - it was like talking to a robot. After being transferred to yet another department, I finally managed to withdraw my application, and was told that they would be delighted to have me back as a customer in the future. Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh.

Comments
Alinta Official

Hi Moolishus. Thank you for reaching out, I am so sorry to hear about your issues with connections. Without more information I can't look directly into your specific situation however as a general ... read more »

Alinta Official

If you need help sending a message, I have sent you one to respond to as well. Jay

Update: I contacted AustNet today who advised there is nothing wrong with the electrical set up for the property and no electricians' certificate is necessary. They told me that to proceed with c... read more »

1 of 44 pages