Filter By:

Central Coast

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Had a nightmare run with Telstra nighthawk netgear modem. Sent it back to them. moved over to broadband modem with Aussie BB instead... haven’t had a single problem so far. I like them. good value internet for us, at $55 a month.

Excellent service and support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Can’t recommend Aussie Broadband enough we have had a few issues in the last 6 weeks and Aussie have gone out of there way to help get the issues sorted.
We had to go on a waiting list to join Aussie as they didn’t have enough bandwidth to sign any new customers, but it has been worth the wait. You get exactly what you sign up for. once we logged our issue with them we have been kept up dated with what was going on behind the scene, we always had follow up emails and calls to make sure that NBN we’re doing what was required.
Its a pleasure to deal with a ISP that doesn’t force there customers to ring them and to wait on hold for some one to answer your call just to find out what’s going on.
Great service in every aspect thanks Aussie.
Give them a try you won’t be disappointed

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Andrew, thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely pass that onto the team.We're happy to hear that you're having a wonderful experience with us. If you ever find something that you think could be improved, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

fast nbn at last

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

signed with aussie when boom sold out,connected in no time a teething issue quickly solved excellent service keep it up

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Great to hear! Thank you so much for the feedback. Cheers, Mel

sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Starts off great, turns to crap!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I joined ABB after hearing about all the great reviews for it on forums and from friends. I started with them when my area got a rollout of FTTN on the 50/20 plan, my speeds at the time were great, always managed to get 40+ download and 10+ upload. Two months in, my speeds are a mess, speeds drop to less than 5 Mbps and are always fluctuating, making me result to using my mobile hotspot for a reliable connection. I'm not sure if this is ABB fault or the terrible FTTN connection implemented by the Liberals, either way, Australia deserves better internet and our ISPs can only do so much if our infrastructure is terrible.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi JK. we're sorry to hear that you're having a bad experience. Have you contacted our customer service team to try to troubleshoot the connection? I'd very much like to help you get back to the speeds that you were enjoying. Cheers, Mel

Caloundra West, Queensland

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Exellent NBN service!! FTTC

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

"New to NBN" Signed up 5/10/18 was connected by the 10/10/18 FTTC connection currently getting an average of 94/36mb speeds via speedtest.net very happy with the service and the customer support is the best and I've been with almost all the bigger isp's over the years and none have come close to the support and service offered by Aussie Broadband!

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

That's wonderful to hear, Daemon. We're happy to hear that you're having a fantastic experience and great speeds. All the best!

• 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Great all Aussie Company. Get with them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I just want people to know these guys are great. Broad band has never been better. They wont sign you up if they cant offer you good reliable speeds. Great All Aussie company.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Thanks so much for the review and feedback. We're glad you're having a great experience with our service. Have a wonderful weekend! Cheers.

Shepparton

Connection Type: I don't know

refer afriend

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

we signed up with aussie referred to us by our sun who is sure he ticked the refer a friend box and did not get any credit, then we signed up another property and did not get the bonus because it was in the same name while it is a different account and different address,aussie states in the refer a friend box that you can sign up a family member,should have put my wife`s name instead,would not come to the party , will loose 3 customers,petty policy
joseph

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Thanks for your feedback on our refer a friend program. The refer a "friend" program does not apply to adding multiple services on one account. As for your son, if he has his own account and used y... read more »

Canberra

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Don't trust them at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I was with them and as I was going to move I called to cancel all of the internet services for the reasons stated. They asked me about the Voip and if I wanted to keep the number I replied that I would ask my house mate and if they wanted it I would let them know. I told them that I wanted all service terminated as I was moving on a certain date, to this I was told it would not be a problem thanks for calling. Great you would think yes? WRONG! Without any warning I get a receipt for payment on a account that I had closed, for a service that I had canceled. They had without my Authority or Authorization directly debited my account for a payment they never sent a invoice or request for so I had no notification or knowledge of what they where going to do, or any chance to query the invoice. They turned their question about keeping the Voip Number into some kind of imaginary agreement when I got upset and changed them over it demanding my money back! See their reply below...

"As mentioned, the call had been listened to and it had been discussed to leave
the VoIP service active. As charges were not specifically discussed, they were
implied as you agreed to keep an active service with us."

I never "Agree to keep any service active!" we had only discussed if I wanted to keep a phone number nothing more! never any part of any service that I had just terminated open for any reason, for god sake I was just closing them all. I thought at the time they were just being considerate by offering me the opportunity to keep the Voip Number if we wanted to. In my emails over this issue I have told them that I want a refund and that I had already canceled this service over a month ago so I am not paying for this, their reply is below....

"Thank you for your email.
This payment was taken for the owing balance on your VoIP service, this was
not closed off at the time along with the nbn service due to you advising us
you didn't know if you were going to keep the number or not for porting to
another provider.

You will need to give us a call on 1300 880 905 to close the VoIP service off
if you no longer require this."

You see what you will be dealing with! I hope you understand that you cannot cancel anything with them! I have told them I have canceled this service, via email the same email address that I opened the account with but they still are REFUSING to cancel or except that it is canceled via email. See how they keep trying to make it like they are doing me some great service that I authorized them to do, and how they are totally free of any blame in this scam???

Stay clear you will be ripped off some how with their deceptive language and offers to let you think about some think that sounds like they are only trying to be helpful and considerate! Don't trust them it is a scam trap!

Noel

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Noel, It sounds like you asked to leave the VoIP service open. You would then need to close it by calling us when you did not need it open any longer unless you had set it to close automatically... read more »

Really you still claim that you so sweet and faultless? You are really the most two-faced group people I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with, your company has been in touch with me a c... read more »

Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

I spoke to our Customer Service Manager. It appears that you've been refunded the $5.65 as of 10/09/2018 and you also confirmed with the complaints manager that this had been resolved. It may take ... read more »

Sydney

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Customer service is a joke!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

I don't usually write a review but I'm beyond disappointed by them! I was invoiced incorrectly because of their incompetence and they are not acknowledging it. they will deny whatever record/screenshot/information that you gave them and only demanding payment of whatever is invoiced.

Yup, payment, revenue, and money. Thats all they care, not customers or loyalty. Don't believe all the good reviews out there, it's probably paid or written by their own people anyway.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

I'm sorry to hear that you have have unresolved issues with your invoice. I would like to follow this up and will message you shortly. Cheers, Mel

I spoke countless times to your customer service and the message that I receive is always the same: don't trust the customers, they lie. If a resolution can only come after a bad review has been wr... read more »

Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'd be happy to investigate so that we can improve our customer service experience, but I can't unless you respond to the message. We do care and if it's requested, we ... read more »

Best Broadband

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

They are proactive and helpful.
Clean plans, No plan contract when purchasing modem outright from them or third party, no connection fee.
Bought 50/20 Mbps plan and getting 48/17 Mbps in peak hours. Excellent when compared to
Highly recommend them.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

We're happy to hear that you're having a wonderful experience with our service. Thanks so much for your feedback! Cheers, Mel

Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

So far so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Had it for 4 months now. Better speeds that my last provider.
I like that they try to aim for better bandwidth for customers rather than just getting max customers.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Thanks so much for your feedback. We definitely believe that quality is better than quantity. Have a great day! Cheers, Mel

Smithfield

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Fantastic customer support - everyone switched on and helpful.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

I have had problems with the NBN, nothing to do with Aussie Broadband, who's support service is absolutely brilliant. Everyone I have contacted has been switched on and helpful, with some going a bit above and beyond to sort out the problem. It's so refreshing to speak with support people who understand your problem and are 100% committed to resolving the issue. Thankfully the service is very reliable and I haven't experienced any dropouts.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Bill, thanks so much for the review (sorry we missed it, we've had a changeover in staff). If you ever do find something you think we could improve please don't hesitate to let us know. cheers, Janet.

Mornington, Vic

• 8 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

A shining light in the internet field!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I connected to the NBN using Aussie Broadband in May 2018. What a welcome business this is! They made it very easy. I had to purchase a new modem as my old one was - well - very old. The modem arrived within a couple of days. The installation/connection was seamless and occurred on the day they advised it would be. I have had almost perfect service since then...only a couple of little hiccups downloading heavy files in the beginning, but no problems for months. I have referred other people to this business with confidence. I am so grateful to not have to worry about my internet connection! I am only using a low end plan and it has been great.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're happy to hear everything is now going smoothly. Have a great day! Cheers, Mel

• 2 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Don't use anyone else. These guys are brilliant!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

We have had the NBN now for three days. We were with our other provider for 20 years and had become quite disillusioned from there tumbling customer service quality. I had read the wonderful reviews about Aussie Broadband, crossed my fingers, and instigated the change.
From the initial talking to a sales team member, to another in the provisioning section to the technical assistance post installation, all experiences have been 5 star.
What a fabulous decision and wonderful experience! These guys are without doubt one of the best companies I have dealt with in a very long time.
The activation was done and dusted on the day they said it would happen and we only went off line for an hour or so during the change over. I had a self inflicted problem during the setting up stage for some of our devices and called them. I waited on hold for about 5 minutes, spoke to a lovely local chap (Jeremy) who solved everything for me.
We are not huge users of the internet but coming from a terribly slow (at times) ADSL2 connection to this has been a treat.
I cannot recommend these guys highly enough and we cross our fingers that they are not eventually sold onto another company with low customer service.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Maryanne, we are so happy to hear that you've had a fantastic experience. I will pass on your feedback to Jeremy and the customer service team. Thanks!

Cheers,
Mel

Warrnambool

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Whole Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Peak time usage is ridiculously low to almost zilch. Email is a joke. Been with ABB for years, seriously Pd Off and totally unimpressed. What they offer isn’t what they deliver/ you get. To me i’de leave but everyone else is so expensive.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

We're very sorry to hear about your fixed wireless speeds. Unfortunately, the problem is usually nbn fixed wireless congestion which affects all ISP's across the board as it occurs prior to going t... read more »

Brookvale

Great Service from ABB hope they keep it up

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

I was with Dodo on NBN 100/40 plan and with no issues for around 17 months but then problems during the peak time started and speeds dicrised to 40/25 or worse. After complaining I got out of contract and signed with ABB and at moment very happy with speeds at peak times with average 90-92Down/31-36UP. Transfer of service from Dodo was fast took 4 hours with 30 min downtime. So very happy customer :-)))

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

We are so glad to hear that you had an easy transition and are happy with your service. Thanks for the feedback. Cheers, Mel

Australia

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

AVOID! Bad customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Called AussieBB 1 day before invoice generation date to cancel my account. AussieBB said that they will cancel my account and invoice for the next period will be not generated.

Turns out they didn't cancel my account correctly!!! the next day invoice was generated, I called them again and they cancelled my account on that day but said that since invoice is already generated I still have to pay. Seriously, AussieBB????!!!
1. It is your fault that my account was not cancelled on time although I already called you before invoice was generated
2. You expect me to pay for a service that I didn't use??
3. You said you can't track any record of me calling to close the account - how is that my problem?? This is a fault in your system and why should I pay the price?

AVOID AT ALL COSTS! They are sneaky enough and only care about making profit.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Barbara, we're very sorry if this has happened. If you canceled your account on the last day of the billing cycle then you should not have been invoiced. I would like to follow this up with you ... read more »

• 2 comments
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

After the troubles with my previous ISP, Aussie Broadband have been the complete opposite. With the exception of 1 unplanned country wide outage, the service, connection and stability have been perfect. Speed could be slightly better but that might be influenced by other factors.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Paul. Thanks for the feedback. We're glad you're enjoying our service, if you'd like, call our customer service team and we will investigate the speed issues to see if we can improve that at all. Cheers, Mel

Gold Coast

• 5 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 39 helpful votes

Buyer beware

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Just an update I have been with AB for a while now. I originally gave them 5 star review, but slowly but shorly my speeds have been decreasing. I am on the 100/50 plan and my premises can achieve over 100. I was getting close to this figure when I joined AB. Now it’s so up and down it can go down to 6/30. Upload always pretty good but download pathetic. I have spoken to AB support on multiple occasions and have reset my modem. They either blame the modem or NBN CO. Modem has been tested and works, NBN blames AB. But after I have spoken to AB the speed shoots up again. So I believe it’s on their end. They pride themselves on great customer service but as I have rang to cancel due to crap speeds they are still going to charge me. ACCC have been investigating and have told providers to stop false advertings speeds but yet I’m paying for 100/50 and getting much less. AB you have lost me as a customer and will have lost many more customers. I have tried to have this rectified many times but you have dropped the ball on this one.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Leigh thanks for taking the time to review our services and I am sorry to hear about your experience as this is not one we want our customers to have. I would most certainly like to investigat... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

They live up to their promise of congestion free NBN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

A while ago I was connected to iiNet NBN FTTN and I it was fantastic when I first connected and I was receiving speeds of 42 Mbps down but as time went by my connection would slowly decrease to 30Mbps sometimes and even drop to 20Mbps down during prak and drop out 2-3 times a week then I finally decided enough was enough and called up Aussie Broadband and they were nice enough to even before I signed up did a line test to determine the maximum speeds I would be able to receive and to my expectation I was able to receive 50Mbps max. So I decided to connect to Aussie Broadband and sure it took a few months but when I finally connected oh boy did I actually connect. All day everyday there is no peak slowdown as they live up to their hype abd promise of congestion free NBN and even when my net is slower it still pumps out 45Mbps down.

Word of advice if you’re ever thinking of connecting to any Fibre NBN go with the ISP that actually care about their customers and actually care about their customer service and providing the best customer service. You need to connect to Aussie Broadband ASAP!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Pill Cosby thanks for taking the time to review our services and making the switch! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the speeds and we have been able to improve the nbn experience for you. ... read more »

1 of 68 pages