Filter By:

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Signed up at work, got home and went online. What sorcery is this?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

Churned my HFC service today. Signed up at 12, got a bunch of emails with very clear information and next steps.

Got a text at 3pm saying connection is completed and may take up to 24 hours.

Got home, plugged in, Interwebs activated in 94Mbps glory - in peak hour.

Just pure awesomeness. Bravo ABB, bravo..

• 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Researched my NBN provider at a new residence after previous issues with Optus

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

I wasn't too sure what speeds I could expect from the NBN through HFC. Received a date when NBN was going live so did some serious research and came up with Aussie Broadband. Put in an early connection request then had 5 updates from Aussie leading up to connection. Once connection was live I got a text saying NBN tech would attend in two weeks. Plenty of texts leading up to the day. NBN guy attended, had some problems initially but ended up getting me connected. Well pleased with NBN's service. Soon as the tech left I connected my modem and bang I was on with a speed of 70 Mbps! This was going from 1.4 Mbps on ADSL2 so was pretty damn pleased! I elected the 100 Mbps plan knowing full well if HFC was not capable of supplying this speed I could downgrade my plan.

Now the important part. During peak times I get speeds of 65 to 75 Mbps which rise to a so far maximum of 98 Mbps in the wee small hours. In a previous residence with FTTP my speed was at times 4 Mbps at peak periods on a 50 Mbps plan with Optus. Late night worked fine but not when everyone was online.

Negatives - Well I'm happy to say nothing much but it's not been perfect. 1. Didn't get my account logon for over a month. 2. Some sort of billing mix up - got a message saying hadn't paid my account but hadn't been sent anything to pay - just a receipt that I'd paid. All sorted easily by phone. 3. Elected to have my phone ported and pay the $10 for unlimited calls but for some reason this hasn't happened. Not too fussed and will follow up soon.

Positives - Very quick Internet! After that little things don't really matter. One thing I've also really enjoyed has been the Australian call centre. Staff that are easy to understand and don't work off a script. I'd happily pay extra to keep jobs here and receive a superior support service but with Aussie it's just part of the deal! Compared to the dramas I previously had with Optus and their overseas call centre's this has been a dream!!!

Bumpy Start proved its Worth

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Had a few calls asking for our landline number which our previous ISP never gave us. After that was sorted connection was done within a week unlike the 6 weeks Belong took.

I live over 700m from the node so 100/40 was impossible but I wanted to check sync speeds anyway. Very impressed with 60/35 but not as much I'd hoped for. I put all blame on NBNCo for that with outdated technology but maintaining 50/20 sync speeds constantly after a plan swap was a 2 minute phone call.

I've had one issue with VLAN ID being lost every once in a while causing the VDSL connection to be lost completely. Again I believe this to be NBNCo as I'm using a modem that's not 100% "NBN Certified" and not provided by an ISP. Maybe if you guys had your modems for cheaper I would've considered ;). Anyway, called up about the issue and it lasted 15 mins total, absolutely amazing. We've been put on the stability profile and checking the logs there hasn't been a VLAN or VDSL connection issue since. Only downside is sync speeds have fallen to 39/18 but it's something we have to live with. Again I place the blame on NBNCo for using technologies that are new to us, but outdated by many years to the rest of the world.

I know you guys are doing the best you can with what you've got, just one question. How does your business model work? Having a setup in every POI in Australia and maintaining all of our bandwidth with backup bandwidth to spare would cost heaps if you look at the bandwidth costs set by NBN. Will you guys be able to sustain this model with ever increasing users on your network?

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Jonathan, thanks for the review, much appreciated! Actually, our business model works better with more users - we get better economies of scale then, and usage patterns are more mature and easi... read more »

Perth

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

The best internet provider in Australia

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I changed to Aussies Broadband on NBN, 2 weeks ago and never regretted the decision. I subscribed to their 50Mbps plan & I am constantly getting above 45Mbps.Their customer service is locally based in Australia & they have an excellent response as well as very good knowledge. The whole experience of getting the change over from my old ADSL byTPG to nbn/FTTN with Aussie broadband was a breeze and they kept me updated by sending a text message & an email every day.

In short, they have everything which I was missing with my old multinational broadband provider (Local support, friendly customer service, kept the client updated, internet speed as promised)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Ezy, thanks for the review, very much appreciated! Glad to hear you're enjoying the service. Don't hesitate to let us know if you ever find something you think we could improve. cheers, Janet.

Mount Gambier

Love Aussie

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

been with Aussie many many years always had quick friendly service no matter what have had a quick connection to nbn very happy with it s speed as promised

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi J, thanks for the review, it's very much appreciated (and you are our 500th review!!!). If you ever do find something you think we could improve, don't hesitate to let us know. cheers, Janet.

Adelaide

Best internet provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Easy set up when connecting internet to Aussie Broadband. Called twice within a week for technical support (we had to wrong chords in the router!) but staff were so friendly and patient, knew what they were doing!! Had documents sent to NBN whilst on the phone and the problem was fixed within 10 minutes. No long waits on the phone to speak to someone. Would definitely recommend Aussie broadband to anyone looking at changing providers. Getting very good speeds for what we are paying for. couldn't be happier.

have previously been with Telstra and TPG and to say the least it was a nightmare we experienced nothing but trouble after trouble with both providers loosing internet for days to weeks without discounted bills, and 10 different routers because the staff had no idea what they were doing.

Aussie Broadband has been a lifesaver!! thank you for being genuinely good internet company and good people

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Tayla, thank you for the review, so glad we've been able to help. If you ever do find something you think we could improve, don't hesitate to let us know. cheers, Janet.

Sydney

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Best choice I ever made!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Where do I start? I was having congestion issues with iiNet, Optus and most recently with Skymesh. I then tried switching to Amaysim, but their 2 day activation has turned into a week of technical support requests.I applied with Aussie broadband this morning at 8am, and literally within 90mins my service was active and running. First month free too!! Highly highly recommended. Very happy. Aussie Aussie Aussie.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Nabeel, thanks for the review! We have some clever smarts in the system which means if you're already on NBN, the churn across can be pretty fast. Welcome aboard, and please let us know if you... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Go Aussie !!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

cant be happier with Aussie Broadband. Spoke to a customer Representative in Australia each time and the same person as well. Did everything they said they would and on time. Our NBN FTTN has never given us a problem in the few months we have had it

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Jiml, thanks for the review, it's very much appreciated! All our staff are based in Australia (our MD has an "over my dead body" approach to overseas call centres). Please let us know if you e... read more »

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

You get what you expect, good service and reliable speeds.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

Our family are heavy content users. We signed up for 1TB/month @ 100/40 connection speed.
We consistently get 92Mbps / 37Mbps regardless of time of use. We are < 200m from the node as well.

I have called Aussie probably 5 times, been on hold no longer than 15min each time and spoke with someone in country who actually knew what they were talking about (As an electrical engineer, I don't appreciate 'sales people' with little to no knowledge)

Quantity and quality are mutually exclusive unless you're paying top dollar.
Beware of 'unlimited data' at fixed price deals. Ask your friends who have accepted such offers, their connection usually suffers.

With Aussie, everything is quantified, you get 'X' amount of data @ a specified speed (depends on your distance to node) for a defined price.
overall, I recommend Aussie to my friends as they have offered just what I expected. Sometimes no surprises are better than disappointments.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Baldric, thank you for the thorough review, it's very much appreciated. Please drop us a line if you ever do find something you think we could improve - we're always using customer feedback to tweak things. cheers, Janet.

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Want Aussie Broadband that's fast and reliable? Get Aussie Broadband!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2017

I did my homework and narrowed down my choices and it came to AussieBB.

I have an older HFC connection at my place but AussieBB talked me through the whole thing: What that meant, what hardware I was getting and how it'd hook up with my existing modem.

There were delays because of NBN Co but these were all explained and once it was all hooked up it just worked!

I get exactly what I pay for with the speeds being excellent.

I referred a friend the other day and even got a free months access for doing that! Unreal!!

If you want a reliable service with the ability to call an Aussie call centre that picks up within a few rings go with Aussie Broadband!!

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi ledbye, thanks so much for the review and the recommendation! Glad to hear that you're enjoying the service. If you ever do find something you think we could improve, please let us know. cheers, janet.

• 3 answers

Excellent in every way

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2017

I have just changed to Aussie Broad Band NBN, from Telstra ADSL 2 . Not only did they swap my service over without any fuss, but exactly when they said they would. They kept me informed every step of the way. The reason I chose Aussie BB was because there packages were the best available. Most companies offer big downloads, what they don't tell you is that there speeds are often rubbish. For $75.00 I get 50 megabyte downloads and 20 megabyte uploads. 500 Gigabytes a month. I have checked these speeds with a Speed test you can download from the internet called: Ookla. It's close enough to be called 50/20 as Aussie BB calls it. My connection was "Fibre to the Node", so no one had to come to the house. This will depend on where you live and what type of connection is offered in your area. For another $5.00 I have my phone connected (VOIP). This plan is called casual. It's great because I mostly use my mobile, but for calls that are going to take a long time, the land line is more practical. "Aussie BB only charges .15 cents per call, where as Telstra charged me .50 cents a call !!! Changing over to Aussie BB was the best thing I've ever done. Terrific internet speeds and cheap calls. And if you're wondering if I work for them, No I don't. It's just great to get a bargain and I just want to tell everyone about it. If you sign up with them and don't like them, just give them the flick. They don't make you sign up to some crappy contract your stuck with. (No contracts at all). That means they have got to give good service or people will just go else where. Aussie company, Aussie customer service. (Good grief, I didn't think that was still possible to get. LOL :)

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Dexxa, thanks for such a lovely review! Aussie company, Aussie customer service is what we're all about. If you ever do find something you think we could improve, please don't hesitate to let us know. cheers, Janet.

Super Quick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Switch from another Provider. Aussie Broadband was super quick and helpful. They are maybe $10 too expensive but support has been great to date.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Right Choice - thanks for the review, it's much appreciated! We need that extra $10 to be able to support Aussie jobs and run a congestion-free network (but if the NBN charging ever changes, we... read more »

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Outstanding customer service, amazing speeds

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

I never write reviews but Aussie Broadband much exceeded my expectations and I made this account just to say how good they are. Placed an order at night and got connected in less than an hour after open of business the next day. Plenty of emails to make sure you're on track and even got a call to check everything was working. I simply plugged a cable from the NBN box into my existing router and it worked perfectly at constant 98/40. Could not be happier changing to this company. If you're reading this, just sign up, you won't regret it, they definitely take care of their customers!

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Vinnie, that's an awesome review and we appreciate that you wrote one for us! If you ever do find something you think we could improve, don't hesitate to let us know. Have an awesome weekend, cheers, Janet.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Absolutely then best provider i have ever had

nb 500gb fastest
setup was one day
i have never suffered any congestion at all
guess i am lucky but i am getting 96mps consistantly
i am so pleased i have joined them

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi alanweir, thanks for the review, much appreciated! 96 is a great speed on FTTN. Please drop us a line if you ever find something you think we could improve. And have a great weekend! cheers, Janet.

Quick and easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Called and requested to be setup on FTTN, connected to their network in 1 week and almost getting 95\35 for FTTN. Love their service and when you call their support line you get someone in Australia!

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Snowy808, thanks for the review! Sounds like you have a good FTTN line as well. If you ever do find something you think we could improve, please drop us a line. cheers, Janet.

Adelaide

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

The Customer Service Company.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

I was on an old Wimax system which was getting progressively slower. (Usually around 1.5mbps download speed.) Having read so many bad stories about the NBN I was reluctant to change as I also had to put in a phone line. With many companies getting very bad reviews (especially for lack of customer service) I did some research and was amazed to see how many 5 star rating reviews that Aussie Broadband was receiving from customers so I decided to give them a try. From the time I phoned up nothing could have been easier, and better explained by the sales staff. Even when I discovered that there were no spare phone lines available when the time came to hook up the NBN, ( which had nothing to do with Aussie Broadband,) they went out of their way to keep me informed. Ongoing e-mails and sms messages all the way with updates. The tradesmen arrived exactly on time, and were quick and professional. As soon as I was connected, everything worked perfectly. I signed on for a 50mbps plan and have had constant download speeds of around 43mbps downloads with very little variance no matter what time of the day and with no dropouts. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Aussie Broadband and would recommend them to anyone.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Auntie Jack, thanks so much for the review, and the recommendation - we very much appreciate it! (we can't take credit for the tradesman though - he's from NBN). Jumping from 1.5 to 43 must be... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

The new IINET & Internode - Amazing.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

I signed up with Aussie in September, I asked them to connect me by the time I moved house. To my shock, I opened the door, plugged my router in and everything was connected 8 am the morning I requested. No follow up phone calls, no issues.

This company may not offer you unlimited downloads, but if youre after a company that offers you steady and predictable, fast speeds and a company who backs themselves and looks after and maintains their network instead of blaming someone else, choose Aussie.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Michael, for some reason we missed this review but thanks so much, we love this. If you ever do find something you think we can improve, please let us know! cheers, Janet.

Constant drop out

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

I was using AUSBBS for two years and I only had 2 times drop out. The reason I switch to Aussie Broadband was for faster speed 100mbps and easier to access to technical support. For AUSBSS,the technical take at least a day to return to my call. I had only use Aussiebroad for few months but the number of drop out was more than my two years with ausbbs. It always happened around midnight. Although they always update me about what is happening,but frequent drop out is not acceptable. Kind of regret to make this switch.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Bong, thanks for the review and the feedback. Sorry to hear about the dropout issue - I would encourage you to keep working with the tech support team to get to the cause of the problem; they're very persistent. cheers, Janet.

Sydney

Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Just a simple process.....

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

Aussie, is what iinet and internode once were, customer focussed, and all about making the experience easy & streamlined, connecting to the nbn should be a moment of enjoyment, and aussie delivers no doubt. 6pm slowdown is non existent. Screaming speed all the time,

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Jamie, thanks so much for the review, we're all having a chuckle at the term "screaming speed" (love it!). If you ever do find something you think we could improve, please don't hesitate to let us know. cheers, Janet.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Great NBN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

Super easy and super fast. Love it. Was a cinch to set up and delivers the speed i was promised, not like Telstra and Skymesh who have me about half what i contracted for.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Ray - thanks for the review, glad to hear you're enjoying the service! Don't hesitate to let us know if you ever find something you think we could improve. cheers, Janet.

1 of 26 pages

Hi team. Great reviews! I have signed online for a new NBN (HFC) service and the appointment is set for 29th Nov., 8am-12pm I have a couple of questions - 1. I currently have the Billion 7800nxl Modem/router. Will this work with your service/connection? 2. Is it possible to connect before 29th? (just so excited after reading all the positive reviews) Thanks and look forward to your reply. Gank

Mrigank asked on Nov 17, 2017

Answer this

Hi Gank - thanks for the questions! I don't think you'd be able to change the connection date, the team would usually go for the first available date for you, but it would be worth ringing them to have a chat. Re the router, I'd advise you also give the team a call to check that one - best number to catch them on is 1300 880 905. cheers, Janet.

Is Aussie available in West Australia?

Joe Lamhut asked on Nov 07, 2017

Answer this

I would say so mate. But best idea would be to flick them an email to check

Yes should be. Give them a call on 1300880905 to check.

Hi Joe - are you talking for NBN, or for ADSL services? cheers, Janet.

Hi Aussie Broadband, Notice you have some great reviews, do you have some kind of system to ensure that they are genuine? I’m at Coolum Beach, Qld 4573, NBN ready in my area and trying to decide who to go with. I’d prefer no contract, 100gb available anytime, ( ie don’t want it split between peak and off peak), probably just basic speed and would like to keep my home phone and do want to keep my current phone no, I’d like just PAYG with my home phone. I currently have ADSL and home phone with Telstra. Do you have many customers in my area?, also concerned if I sign up to a provider and then find that they have insufficient band width ( either initially or down the track as they get more customers). Would be great to get your advice, thanks, Margaret

Margaret L asked on Nov 04, 2017

Answer this

Hi Margaret, thanks for the queries!
We can't ever know whether reviews on Product Review are genuine as people can use any name they wish. However, if we ever become aware of something that's not genuine, or if it's offensive, we always request to Product Review that it be taken down. We have done this for both one star and five star reviews.
We don't do contracts and we don't do peak/off peak splits, plus we also have a range of home phone options. If you do sign up with us, just let the team know that you want to keep your current number.
We have lots of customers in your area. We completely understand the concern about bandwidth - we carefully manage our network and bandwidth to avoid congestion (one of the reasons why we won't sell unlimited plans is that they can make it hard to predict bandwidth use) - and actually, more customers make this easier to do, not harder.
Hope this all helps. If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ring our sales team on 1300 880 905. They're all Aussies, and lovely people.
cheers