Filter By:

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Very pleased with aussiebb

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

From first phone call for connection to NBN to current (2 months) cannot fault service. Staff easily accessible and helpful. Would thoroughly recommend. Glad we made the switch from Telstra. A.H. Adelaide

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

SERVICE ABOVE AND BEYOND EXPECTED.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

My experience is similar to Maureen Feb 16,2018. I live in an Aged Care Facility. I changed to Aussie for NBN by recommendation from friends and other residents.. Surprised at the communication from Aussie at each step advising when modem was dispatched, what day it will be received what day connection then another email what time etc., All being correct. A bit over the top I thought but appreciated. Not being very computer literate I contacted their tech. several times for what to them must have been a simple problem. Surprised at the short wait time on the phone on each occasion and the clarity of the tech. without a strong foreign accent then the unexpected follow up next day. NBN was disconnected for a couple of days last week but Aussie kept me informed of progress and reason several times. Advised a contractor had dug up a cable with a machine. For the inconvenience (which was not their fault) Aussie advised a free months service with double data. Service, speed and especially communication all that could possibly be expected to-date. John Tweed Heads

• 10 answers
  • 11 helpful votes

Brilliant communication

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

I have recently (Dec 2017) signed up with Aussie BB for NBN. I had ADSL before so this is my first NBN provider.
The signup was easy and with good communication around the appointment date etc.

Their plans were way more suited to my usage pattern than most other providers - I wanted a reasonable speed but did not need very much bandwidth

The speed I got on my line was fantastic and for me there are no slow downs at peak times which is good.

It seems due to politics etc around the NBN rollout, that NBN currently isn't as reliable as ADSL. Unfortunately this means that you are more likely to get dropouts on NBN no matter which provider you go with. (It's mostly not the provider's fault - can be issue with NBN itself, or Telstra cables getting cut etc)

The great thing with Aussie BB though is that if there are any outages they let you know via an SMS so you don't need to ring to find out what's going on. Then you get another SMS when the service is back on. They also have a message on their support page that they keep updated with the progress of any outages

Assistance setting up NBN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Have been with Aussiebroadband for many years, changed from ADSL to NBN with Aussie on 13/2/2018. I was unsure how to set up. I rang through and didn’t wait too long to get through. Due to issues telstra had created with our landline and what they had done with the wiring, it took about an hour to set up. Riley was the person assisting me and I would like to commend his patience in assisting me. Great service. Today I rang to finalise our ADSL Account Dayna assisted and again great friendly service. A few dropouts the first night but none since then. I wouldn’t think the dropouts are Aussies issue. Great service friendly staff. Brenda Sale Victoria

New nbn? No hassle

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

I’ve only been connected for a couple of months and if I had to do it all again I’d still choose Aussie Broadband. After the stresses of moving out of the old family home into a small homette, the last thing this old woman needed was yet another hassle. I needn’t have worried. Aussie arranged everything, they asked me what I wanted, no pressure, and in just two weeks I had nbn! Their staff are friendly, polite, accommodating, patient, and know what they’re talking about! Response is always rapid. I’ve had no dropouts at all touch wood, and seldom any slower connection. Sorry for the ramble but at my age every hassle-free deal is truly appreciated and Aussie came through with flying colours. To anyone thinking of choosing a new ISP, choose Aussie Broadband ... from my experience you won’t be sorry.

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Reliable speed with good customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Switched to aussie broadband from Belong a few months ago when there was free month promotion, so far I've really been very happy and I've had no complaints about the speed, it's very stable even in the evening. The only negative I can think of is the price that's no really competitive.

• 2 helpful votes

Money hungry

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

So i called to cancel with AB and they said they will bill me another month because i didn't give them 30 days notice. I wasn't on a contract why should i pay another month. Anyway i had to pay another month while i already had another provider. I called a few times before to cancel but the wait time was 30-40 min which i told them and some days i just cant wait that long on the phone. Stay away their prices are high customer service is bad.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Dean thanks for the review we're sorry to hear about your experience, unfortunately as per our terms and conditions we do need 30 days notice prior to your cancellation date. If you are unable... read more »

Traralgon

• 1 helpful vote

Changeover to NBN with Aussie Broadband so easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I live in Traralgon and was on ADSL with Belong. I chose Aussie Broadband for NBN because of the great reviews of quality of service. I bought my own VDSL modem of the prescribed model (Netcomm NF17AC) and set it up while still on ADSL to make sure my home network would still work fine. Then I signed up with Aussie Broadband for NBN. I expected to have to make calls to their help desk to get my NBN connection working on the changeover, but my fears were unwarranted. Aussie Broadband kept me fully informed at each stage of the changeover of my internet and home phone line, including the reconfiguration of my gateway. I haven't had to make any calls to their help desk, and I am getting the internet speeds that I signed up to. Thoroughly recommended.

• 12 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Customer Service as fast as Internet!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I called these guys one Saturday afternoon about a month ago then logged a new connection request. I kid you not, 2 hours later I was connected. I didn't think that was possible, letalone on a Saturday afternoon.
About 2 weeks later I purchased a new modem myself (not one of theirs) and had trouble connecting it. So at 9pm I called them, expecting to be on hold for ages and have it 'escalated' til someone was really in the office. I was on hold for 2 minutes, the guy on the other end of the line was clearly understandable and knew exactly what to do and 3 minutes later I was using the new modem.
I've been connected for a month and *might* have dropped out once (though I think it was my modem, not them), my speed barely ever drops below what I paid for and it is absolutely reliable.
The price is better than many pathetic providers including one I used to be with who did absolutely none of the above.

• 5 helpful votes

good when running

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

last night happened again.no connection,not happy at all. nbn is good ,but outage is more than frequent,ready to move on

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi bernie thanks for your review, we're sorry to hear about your experiences - we're not happy with the outages either, our network team is rolling out a program of redundant links over the next fe... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 answer

Aussie Broadband the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

We just switched from the big telco to Aussie Broadband as we got mucked around on our NBN install. What a contrast I thought companies had forgotten how to run their businesses properly, not Aussie. Great knowledgeable friendly service. They handle every part of dealing with them so efficiently and quickly. This is what service used be like. Go Aussie we love you.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Greig thanks for the review, we're glad to hear that we have been able to help you and you are now able to enjoy your nbn service!

If you have further feedback please let us know as we're always looking at ways to improve - cheers, Tom

Pleasures been all mine keep up the good work Tom.

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Good nbn service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Been with ABB for 3 months, so for the service is good with good speed. The service was easy to set up and good customer support.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Cirah thanks for the review, we're glad to hear you're enjoying the speeds on your service and everything was simple to setup.

Please let us know if you have further feedback as we're always looking at ways to improve - cheers, Tom

Flawless Performance on FTTN NBN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

We moved into our new house and after doing some online reviews decided to go with Aussie BB. They could not have been better at communicating and make no the process as easy as possible. Their help desk people are knowledgeable and courteous, and their pricing and speed are very good too. I have been with Telstra, Eftel, Netcall and others, and Aussie BB leaves them all for dead.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Rob_Eagle thanks for the review, we're glad to hear that we were able to make your nbn connection simple and easy, and our team have been able to assist. If you have further feedback please le... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

For once an ISP that is really good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

I don't normally leave reviews for things but thought I'd make the effort for Aussie Broadband. My house is on NBN HFC and I ordered a 50MBps plan. It took about 3 days to be connected from first placing the order and I got the first month for free. The connection worked first time, zero calls to support line needed. I simply plugged the NBN box into my router and that was it. The connection is incredible - super fast compared to what I've been used to (ADSL 2+ then Optus Cable). I was concerned about the dreaded NBN 'congestion' and went with Aussie BB because of the claims they make about running their own network to avoid it. It works - I've never seen any noticeable slowdown. For my plan they advertise typical evening speed of 42mps and I don't think I've ever seen it drop below this, in fact it's usually above it.
I blew through my data limit towards the end of the first month (we've started binging on Netflix now that it actually works instantaneously) and it was easy and cheap enough to add a bit more data to get us through the end of the month, then tweak the plan to double the data next month.
The cost is no more expensive than any other ISP I checked out - cheaper than Optus and Telstra for a much, much better service. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Aussie BB ....

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi JamesJ thanks for the review we're glad to hear you have enjoyed the service and your connection went smoothly.

If you have further feedback please let us know as we're always looking to improve - cheers, Tom

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Excellent service and internet that runs at advertised speeds

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

We have NBN fibre to the building, and while we've only been with these guys for a couple of months, are yet to experience dropouts. The connection is fast, and the customer service is top notch, and local. Would definitely recommend.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Robbie thanks for the review, we're glad to hear we have been able to help and you're enjoying the speeds and our Australian based customer service. If you have further feedback please let me ... read more »

Melton south

• 3 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Dissapointing cost vs actual data provision

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

As a NBN customer i thank you for NBN service of 50gb @$45 p/m @25/5 speed with this 'bonus peroid of 50gb more (total 100gb)' which for me has now ended. I am quite stunned to find this bonus is really quite fake. For $55 a month I can get 200gb at same speed via spintel. That equates to 4 times better than even your so called bonus?!!! Who you trying to fool? Then theirs unlimited data providers that still beat you. Now you decide to add a slider system which is clearly more expencive than other NBN providers, promoted as better for customers? Not true.
I am extreamly disapointed what i am now getting for $45 p/m which forces me to find another provider! I have no doubt others will follow suit.

• 3 helpful votes

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

It's Telstra in a shiny suit

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

Absolutely hopeless. Really really REALLY bad just like Telstra but worse because they make you call Telstra directly to resolve even the slightest technical difficulty. Unwilling to offer fair compensation when things go wrong. Wasn't expecting all the headaches and dramas.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi gyrognome3 thanks for taking the time to review our services, I am sorry to hear about your experience here and I would definitely like to help resolve this one for you. I will be sending you a... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

It just works like it is meant to

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

We have been extremely happy with our Assuie BB FTTN connection. It worked first time without any issues. They connected on the time and day they promised. No drop in performance in the evenings. Everything works just as they promised and they keeper is fully informed at all stages during the signup and installation process which was very simple. We are 512 metres from the node and am getting speeds of 24 mbps on a 25 mbps plan.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Paul T thanks for the review, we're glad to hear everything just worked, and you're enjoying the service and speed around the clock.

If you ever have further feedback please let us know as we're always looking at ways to improve - cheers, Tom

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great connection and service, just too pricey

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

Overall Aussie Broadband has excellent customer service and an almost unbeatable NBN FTTP quality, they clearly focus on having a solid infrastructure, enough back haul to minimise any connection problems and provide a great customer experience. The problem is that this obviously comes at a premium price and in the end I moved onto a cheaper alternative (Telecube).

If you are looking for the best possible connection quality and are not worried about your budget, look no further. If you are on a budget there are cheaper alternatives with only a very slight drop in quality.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Pez thanks for the review, thank you for the kind words regarding our customer service team and infrastructure, this is definitely something we pride ourselves on. If you have further feedback ... read more »

Cranbourne

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Reliable ISP with great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2018

The service received from ABB, from both performance and support factors, is refreshing after being with other ISPs which will not be named here.

Their plans are not the cheapest among others, but it's piece of mind you're paying for.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Chris D thanks for the review, we're glad to hear things have gone smoothly and you're enjoying the service.

1 of 39 pages