Filter By:

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

I shopped around, which got me a great product that's cheaper than the big Telco's

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

I moved away from a big Telco to Aussie when NBN came to town a couple of years ago. I chose a 25Mbps plan, which I've found suitably fast and reliable watching a lot of Youtube and live sport streams. The longest I've waited to get through to customer support is a few minutes but usually it's very quick, and without a series of recorded messages to press this for that and that for this! The staff are very helpful, and local, which brings that community feel, as well as being able to clearly understand their words when they speak. The only thing I am disappointed with is that they didn't advise that I had email address options of [email protected] or [email protected], so now I am stuck with the lengthy [email protected] for logins, etc. Their account page is pleasantly well laid out, straight forward and very easy to use to view usage, change plan or purchase datablocks, plus all the other useful reporting and support tools. I added a voip phone service which is cheap and the voip works well for me.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Wireless Broadband Connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

After a few hiccups with the NBN service being connected to the house, nothing to do with AB was amazed at how quickly the Wireless Broadband was up & going by AB. Have told a couple of friends & they are very interested however they have locked themselves into plans with other telcos & have to wait for their contracts to expire. So far no drop outs all equipment working well am a very happy customer so far, keep up the good work.

Denmark

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Excellent responsive NBN service provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Swapped to Aussie Broadband NBN fixed wireless service from another provider (also NBN fixed wireless) about 3 months ago. Very quick and easy change over with very helpful staff. We now get consistent fast speeds any time of the day or night, whereas our previous provider's service slowed to almost no service in evenings and almost all day on weekends. Aussie Broadband also has an excellent email notification service for outages.

Melbourne

Review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Went with Aussie Broadband for their NBN. The setup process was quick and easy. Had some accounting issues early on but they were resolved quickly. Customer service and support has been great; always friendly and helpful. Only issue is the speed; I was told my address/connection would get between 67-100mbps so I signed up to their 100mbps plan - however I'm only getting 55-60mbps :/

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Excellent service, always willing to solve any issues you may encounter.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

My connection is: NBN FTTN. The setup process was good. Had some accounting issues but they were solved quickly. At the beginning the VoIP phone had some issues but they have settled down. The customer service and support has been excellent always friendly, helpful and very patient.

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Quality service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Moved to AussieBB after frustrations with iiNet (who used to be good years ago, but not anymore). Wanted NBN with fast speeds (25 or 50Mbps download) without need for huge amounts of monthly quotas. iiNet didn't have such plans and required signing long term contracts. Looked at Skymesh and AussieBB for alternatives. Both looked good, but Skymesh customers were having issues at the time I was looking to sign up. AussieBB also had a Whirlpool double-data and free trial month offer, so the choice was easy.

Sign up process was a bit tricky but only due to iiNet's end. AussieBB were very helpful in trying to sort everything out. Their online chat system was very useful and when I did call once or twice, the level of service was very good and they were actually helpful. It was about 2 weeks between signing up and my appointment date, on which I was connected. Everything has been great so far. I get close to the 50/20Mbps download/upload speeds. Haven't noticed any dropouts so far.

The Whirlpool double-data offer I got ends after 6 months, so I'll have to re-assess whether to drop down to a slower plan (25/5Mbps) or pay a bit more to keep the current speeds.

NA

• 4 helpful votes

Sudden price change

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

It is very difficult to find good isp.
They have priced up $5 without notice
(This is separate with $10 discount trial period)

My first contract letter said $60 p/m

After used couple of month suddenly price was $65!!!!!
Haven't got any notice or anything

Is it okay to do without notice??

Ummmm
ISP choice is one of the hardest....

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi comstomer bb, thanks for the review and feedback, and we're sorry the price rise upset you. We did put through a rise early this year for customers who were not on contract (and now we don't of... read more »

Sydney

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

A quality ISP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

I switched to Aussie Broadband because of all the bad publicity about NBN congestion with the big ISPs. I've been very happy with the speeds. We are on the 50/20 plan and get close to the theoretical maximum consistently throughout the day.

There was a glitch for a couple of days where the connection dropped out periodically due to a hardware fault at the local Telstra exchange, but that was fixed and the connection has been problem free since then.

Support is generally good. It is easy to get on to and the staff are friendly.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi John, thanks for the review, we very much appreciate it. Glad to hear you're enjoying the speeds and service. If you ever find something you think we could improve, please let us know! cheers, Janet.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Fast NBN

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

NBN 100/40.
Speed is as good as it is going to get with VDSL at this distance. Effective speed is 87/37. Support is excellent, not you average call centre. Sounds like you get in contact with the actual engineers and technicians when you call as they know their stuff and are not just reading from a script. Have had semi regular dropouts which are 3 or so minutes due to VDSL restraining times, but I suspect that is more to do with the NBN equipment than ABB.

Would recommend.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Bill, thanks for the review, very much appreciated. You may have already had a chat to the tech support team about the semi-regular dropouts but if you haven't, I'd suggest giving them a call t... read more »

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 11 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Refuse to replace my faulty NetComm NF8AC

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

Since connecting to the NBN (on HFC) with Aussie Broadband in June this year, I have experienced at least 25 random dropouts.

I already have 4 fault reference numbers (3593563, 3613650, 3727732 and 3732245) and 2 support ticket numbers (2017070610016081 and 2017072610013652) for this ongoing issue. The last dropout occurred early this morning.

The Tech Support people I've spoken to think the router (NetComm NF8AC I purchased from Aussie BB) is the most likely cause of the dropouts, yet they refuse to send me a replacement as the “WWW” and “WAN” lights still remain on during the dropouts and I am still able to re-connect to the net (specifically by power-cycling the NBN Arris modem followed by a reboot of the router).

Instead, I was only given the option of having them loan me a router (for a refundable deposit of $80) to use, in place of the NetComm, for a period of 10 days. As I have gone for 10 days without a dropout in the past, I am unable to see how not having a dropout with this loan router proves that my NetComm is faulty. If this suspected faulty NetComm router had been purchased from Officeworks instead of Aussie BB, Officeworks would have given me a refund or exchanged it, no questions asked.

Aussie Broadband's handling of this matter has left me very frustrated and very dissatisfied. I have written a letter of complaint to Aussie Broadband via their online contact form and via fax, and have also just lodged a complaint with TIO (TIO reference 2017/09/08430) tonight. I won't hesitate to leave them for another provider if this matter is not resolved soon.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

HI Slaboday - thanks for providing the feedback, that sounds frustrating. Our tech support manager is looking at your case at the moment and I understand a loan router is on its way to see if the ... read more »

Thanks for your reply, Janet. To update you, I disconnected the NetComm router at 8.49pm on 16 September and connected my Mac directly to the NBN Arris modem instead. Since then, for the past 41... read more »

Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Thanks Slaboday, that's good news! Keep in touch with the tech team; as mentioned, if the issue is definitely the router we'll replace it free of charge. cheers, Janet

Beresfield

Excellent choice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

FTTN NBN 100 down 40 up service on Maitland exchange. I'm synced over spec and have yet to experience any congestion slowdown. Over spec sync was achieved after removing my additional internal star chained phone sockets (i.e., now only have the main entry socket from the street and didn't need the additional sockets).
Would highly recommend Aussiebroadband to anyone and already have.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Wayne, thanks for the review and thanks for the advice on how you changed your internal wiring - it can be an issue that interferes with speeds. Glad to hear you're enjoying the service! Pleas... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Good set-up, good speeds, good service, very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

Got onto the NBN recently, and moved to AussieBB. Set-up was a good and easy, and the speeds have been great. Very happy so far, a couple of months in. Thanks AussieBB, glad there's someone out there offering a decent and Australian based service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Jonathan, thanks for the review and thanks for choosing us as your service provider. Let us know if you ever find something you think we could improve. cheers, Janet.

Wagga Wagga

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Amazing so far. If this keeps up I'll never change ISP again.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

I've had FTTN with 2 ISP's before, myrepublic and internode. My area was suffering terrible congestion and lag making online games unplayable. Last night I was so frustrated I decided to fill out an order at midnight after only being with myrepublic for 1 month. I was getting fluctuating ping from 50 to 1000 constantly and like 150kb/sec download.
I went to bed, loaded up my pc the next day and my connection had already transferred. It's now 5pm and I haven't had a single sign of congestion so far. Games are so smooth now. Downloading at faster speeds in peak hours than my previous ISP's in off peak hours.
I also appreciate the Australian owned company and call center.
If you're struggling with high ping in games and peak hour congestion give Aussie Broadband a go. There's currently a free month trial with double data if look up Aussie Broadband whirlpool and read the forum post.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Sam, welcome aboard and thanks for the great review! Our transfer system can be pretty quick (we think the fastest is about 15 minutes). Don't forget to let us know if you find something you think we could improve. cheers, Janet.

Currimundi

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Aussie Broadband is number 1!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

It tried two other ISP's (IiNet & MyRepublic) on a FTTN NBN connection. Only Aussie Broadband has been able to deliver a perfect service with high speeds and zero crippling peak hour congestion. I previously had trouble with lag in video games such as PUBG however these issues went away with my Aussie Broadband connection. With low monthly fees and no lock in contract I am very happy! I recommend anyone take them up on their trial To see how they can help.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Nick, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review on us, we very much appreciate it! And thanks for choosing us as your service provider (and happy to hear your lag issues have gone aw... read more »

• 6 helpful votes

Great Australian based RSP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

Have been with Aussie for 3 months now and have found their NBN FTTN offering to be great value and very reliable. The switch over from my old provider took less than 24 hours and whilst I haven't needed to call support, it's nice to know that they are Australian based and keeping jobs local, you'll appreciate this if you have ever had to deal with and overseas call centre before. So far haven't experienced any congestion in the evenings and hope they can maintain that level of service as I work from home a lot at night and there is nothing worse that a slow connection when you need it most.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi mrsnrub1, thank you for the review and for choosing us as your service provider! We heartily agree about the slow connection; we're working hard to make sure we're running a congestion-free net... read more »

• 20 helpful votes

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

Signed up for Aussie Broadband online, the whole process has been seamless. Received notification in 15 minutes of the connection date (about a week later) and my service was up and running on that day.
Speeds so far have been good (anywhere between 60-70mbps down during peak), really hope they remain that way as more people connect in my area.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Twisti, thanks for the review, much appreciated! Glad to hear you're enjoying the service. We're constantly upgrading areas where we have more customers on (we're hoping to start publishing ou... read more »

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Excellent service, hardware and speed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

We are so happy to be back with an Australian company, with locally based customer service from people who seem to enjoy their job. I did have an issue with the NBN contractor and Aussiebroadband did their very best to keep me updated and help me work it out. Now that I'm connected, its working flawlessly and at the full advertised speed. No slow downs and no drop outs - unlike my former ADSL connection with one of the big overseas telco's. Glad I purchased the more expensive router - it's blazing along with all my wired and wireless devices connected - even with multiple streams of video and the computer backing up it just works, finally, as the internet should. Good quality and service is getting rarer, so these guys deserve a shout out.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi MarkMelbourne, thanks for the review - we're happy you're with us too! Thanks also for the advice about the router, it can make a big difference. Please let us know if you ever find something you think we can improve. cheers, janet.

Sydney

Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Smart business. Rock and roll service. Keep it up

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

NBN HFC 100/40. Consistently 96-98 down and a rock solid 39 up.

I asked Aussie to call me when the connection was available in my area. They did.
They booked a tech. He turned up on time and connected me.
24hrs later I was four green lights.

Since then, I've not noticed a drop out. The service has been rock solid.

It's a no brainer - Aussie are ZERO risk on NBN. Great local tech support. If you don't like them, move to another RSP. I've referred family and fiends.

Get behind a great local company taking it to the BIG guys.

Happy Days.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi ROS49, thanks for such a great review! We should add a proviso that the tech who connected you was an NBN contractor, not ours, but great to hear that your connection process went so smoothly a... read more »

ballarat

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Best NBN service out there !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

We went with Aussie BB after 2 years of poor service with one of the big telco's , these guys run rings around them ! No congestion for us at peak times now , great people to deal with over the phone too.....and it's all Australian based !!
l've recommended them to people when asked and they did a great job on my inlaws helping them out

Highly recommend !!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi ken s, thanks for the kind comments and thanks for choosing us as your provider as well. Please drop us a line if you think there's anything we could improve - we're always using customer feedback to tweak things. cheers, Janet.

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Smooth running connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Excellent, smooth running connection to NBN, set up process very efficient with informative emails, any calls made to Aussie were dealt with quickly. No problems since connection

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Sam C, thankyou for the review, it's much appreciated. Glad to hear you're enjoying the service. If you ever find something you think we could improve, don't hesitate to let us know. cheers, Janet.

1 of 17 pages

Where is Aussie broadband based?

Susi W asked on Sep 13, 2017

Answer this

Hi Susi, thanks for the question! We're based in Australia. Our head office is in the Latrobe Valley in Gippsland, Victoria, our call centres are based in Morwell, Warrnambool and Adelaide, and we also have staff in most capital cities. cheers, Janet

Apparently they have 2 offices in country Victoria, when seeking info from them leading up to connection, they were quick to answer and efficient

Not a question specific to this company but I've tried searching with no precise answers so I'm hoping someone here knows. The NBN (HFC) was recently rolled out in my area but from what I understand I still need someone to come out and set up my connection once I sign up with a provider. With things how they are at work right now I don't think I can take time off to wait for someone to show up (or not according to some stories). Does anyone know if it's possible to get it done after hours or on the weekend? Can you specify a time/date or do they just tell you when they're coming?

hoder asked on Sep 08, 2017

Answer this

Hi hoder, the nbn technicians do offer Saturday appointments but only in limited areas. Once you pick an internet service provider, they'll be able to tell you whether they are available where you live. Cheers Janet.

I was wondering do you match other providers so we don't change to a new provider? We have been offered unlimited for $59.90 per month. We are currently on 500 gig for $65 per month. We are happy with Aussie service but what better offer. Thanks Dani

Dani asked on Aug 17, 2017

Answer this

HI Dani, thanks for your query! We don't offer unlimited plans because they affect the quality of our network and are one of the factors that lead to peak hour slowdowns (there's a good article that explains it here: https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/blog/unlimited-broadband-cracked/). We also don't price match because we're concentrating on providing quality service. Hope this helps - if you have any other questions, just let me know. cheers, Janet.

See all 20 questions about Aussie Broadband