Filter By:
  • 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 19 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Costs less than some providers, yet offers a premium service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

Switched to ABB recently due to congestion with my previous provider. ABB actually wouldn't let me connect until they had purchased more backhaul. Which is refreshingly responsible. Fortunately there must have been sufficient demand to move this along because I was able to connect a month earlier than they initially predicted.
Easy connection instructions, helpful and competent English speaking tech support (with excellent hours). No congestion during peak hours. Ticks all the boxes.

I also got my first moth free and there was no connection fee. This was a pleasant surprise as I did not realise they were running a promotion.

Newcastle, NSW

• 3 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 24 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Fantastic Provider. Honest, Reliable, AUSSIE service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

We decided to change over to Aussie Broadband after having terrible experiences with larger providers.

We changed over our business line, and then our home line one after the other. We were nervous about moving our number - we'd had such terrible experiences, with Optus completely cutting off our business service for absolutely no reason other than a miscommunication with their retailer (i.e an internal issue and nothing to do with us!)

At first the Aussie Broadband customer service person was a little worrying. I was dealing with a TIO representative at the same time, and I asked him to confirm everything she discussed - she had alot of stuff wrong in terms of our diversion, and I suspect she was just very new to her job. At first, I wasn't sure that the transfer would happen smoothly, if at all... but it did. They even had to connect the NBN at our location, and the entire thing was switched over in a matter of minutes. It was so incredibly quick!

Since then, we have had only one small issue with connectivity to our devices at our home address, but after several phone calls, their techs got it sorted - lots of trouble-shooting involved. (Somehow we always end up with the really weird, unexplained cases). The techs were professional and very committed to sorting it out. We were impressed. And we haven't had any issues since.

I'd definitely recommend this company. They're quick, ethical (i.e. they don't sell bandwidth unless they actually have it - so they don't overwhelm their network) and you get to speak to an Aussie when you call, which is so refreshing.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi BackstageRebel thanks for the detailed review, we're happy to hear that you have made the switch to us and we have been able to exceed your expectations! Thank you for the kind words regarding ... read more »

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Smashing all round

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I’m on NBNHFC with aussiebb and have barely any issues. Consistent connection, very high close to advertised maximum speeds and excellent (actually helpful and knowledgeable!) customer support. So glad I switched from TPG

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi George thanks for the review, we're happy to hear we have been able to help and you're enjoying your service with us.

If you have further feedback please let us know as we're always looking for ways to improve - cheers, Tom

Excellent support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

Switchover to NBN went smoothly with updates and reminders on progress. Best bit was the phone service. No wait times. They understood me and I could understand them. And technical questions could be answered without referral.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi David P thanks for the review, we're glad to hear we were able to transition you smoothly and our team has been able to assist when you need. If you have further feedback please let us know as... read more »

Toowoomba

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Amazed with our nbn connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

Swapped from our previous provider over the phone and within 2 hours we were online on 100/40 reaching max speeds all day couldn't be happier and pleasant easy to understand call center operators are a blessing

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Carlos thanks for the review, we're glad we have been able to transition you so smoothly and you're enjoying the service!

If you have further feedback please let us know as we're always looking for ways to improve.

Cheers, Tom

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great speeds, finally!!!.. best NBN service ever!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

Very quick connection, service very fast and actually speak to Australians...
Couldn’t be happier. Highly recommend Aussie Broadband to anyone

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Aunty Kate thanks for the review, we're glad our team has been able to assist you and you're enjoying the service!

Great ISP.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I am on the NBN. With help from Aussie customer support, set up was easy and quick. Delighted with performance, with good speeds and no dropouts.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Dave T thanks for the review and kind words regarding our support team. We're glad we have been able to help.

Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Great thus far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

FTTKERB, NBN became active on the 8th(Friday), signed up with abb the same day. NBN connection device was mailed out the following week 14th. Slightly delayed because I had to provide my ULL Identifier for nbn. NBN device arrived on the 18th. Plugged it in and let it sync as per instructions (5-10 mins) and bingo Bango bongo 99.6mbs connection speed. Way better than my 1.2-2.8mbs ADSL2+.
Happy days.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi M.K thanks for the review, we're glad to hear we have been able to get you connected and working smoothly and you're enjoying the speeds!

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

perfect service all the time no congestion!

nbn fttn x2 100/40
easy too setup great help from support staff! quick signup!
10/10 relability!
very happy with the support staff very friendly and helpful!

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi tjoel95 thanks for the review, we're glad to hear our team has been able to assist you and you're enjoying the service!

Bella vista

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

BEST COMPANY EVER

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

This company is absolutely fantastic. I recommend them to everyone i speak to. I am using NBN and have had them for 2 years now. easy setup affordable and customisable plans. They let you know if there will be a drop out and for how long. They also will give you free months and data if suddenly there are random issues with the lines.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Exiliex thanks for the review, we're glad to hear you're enjoying our services and our new customised slider plans.

Adelaide

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Can't get any better!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

I'm currently on NBN FTTP 100/40 unlimited plan. I can say that I've been getting consistent speeds and a
reliable connection. I regularly test my speed to see if it downgrades or not. Previously with internode there was always weird speed issues and congestion so I would receive unacceptable speeds well below what I paid for.

I applied online without fully commuting to changing over to Aussie broadband. Then suddenly received a phone call from them. The staff was really REALLY friendly. Basically wanted to know if they could do anything to help make me switch over to Aussie broadband. So I asked for a free trial. But unfortunately the free trial promotion was over. Little did I know after applying they had another free trial on offer...

Anyway I decided to commit and finish my application online. It was a Sunday and within a few minutes the connection was live to my box.

So far I am very happy.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Takeru thanks for the review, that's awesome to hear that you have been getting consistent speeds and enjoying the service! Thank you for the kind words regarding our sales team, this is defini... read more »

Camden Park

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Horrible, Pathetic ... wish I had more hands so could give them 16 thumbs down !!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

Most incompetent provider, with zero pro-activeness, no accountability, constant finger pointing to NBNCo, who are even worse to deal with. Lured in by some of the positive reviews re ABB on here. In the beginning connection and speeds were as promised but after about a month or so went from near 100 mpbs to about 5 mpbs if I am lucky (still paying for the high speed plan mind you) and most frustratingly the constant dropouts. I was a million times better off with the old, slow ADSL connection. Attempts to fix speed & connection were disappointing, ABB wait for complaints and then point finger to NBN, who are even worse to deal with as they barricade themselves so you can't even speak with them and have zero proactiveness or competence, took them 4 tries to even begin to investigate the source of the issue which I still haven't been told what it is (begin to think I am being served up lies anyways). ABB always hide behind NBN and have not once taken it upon themselves as their wholesaler to get to the crux of the issue, let alone accelerate the problem solving. When I asked for refunds, it's like pulling teeth having faced unprofessional behaviour and aggressiveness for having even asked. This issue has been going on for some 4 months. I have been incredibly patient and to this day have no clear cut answer re the problem let alone how it's proposed to be fixed. ABB don't care and point to NBN, who in turn build stonewalls around themselves and have zero customer service, accountability or competence. Save your yourselves some nerves and look for much better deals & services elsewhere.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi badabingfc thanks for the review, I am sorry to hear about your experience as this is definitely not one we want our customers to have. I would like to investigate this further so will be sendin... read more »

Delighted with our NBN service with Aussie Broadband

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

We signed with Aussie Broadband NBN 3 months ago and have been delighted with our choice. Set up was simple and the information provided was easy to follow. Our connection has been excellent and there have not been any dropouts to our service. The only time there has been any disruption to our service was due to maintenance and we advised advised well in advance by the team at Aussie. This has only occurred once since we signed up and it was at mid night.
We had some minor noise problem with our telephone service when we first started using NBN but this was rectified very quickly when we contacted Aussie Support.
Customer service team was very supportive when we made our first contact and gave good advice to help us decide what NBN was best for us.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Paul S Wodonga thanks for the review, we're glad your transition to the nbn was smooth and you're enjoying the connection.

If you have further feedback please let us know as we're always for ways to improve - cheers, Tom

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Slow, charged when not using

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

I got nbn FTTN, I left it previously due to high congestion and low bandwidth, when I heard about their new policy, I decided to give them a second change. Even worse. I left to another plan at the end of the month and it took time to activate. They are making me pay $99 when I am not even using the plan. My new ISP is a lot faster and better. The support didn't seem to help and I might have to sort this out with the Ombudsman

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi xz101 sorry to hear about your experience with us, as discussed previously via private message I have investigated your account and cannot see any evidence of speed faults or tests conducted on ... read more »

You guys have very low bandwidth, making the loading of pages very slow. My new ISP purchase enough bandwidth making loading a lot faster. Last time I left AussieBB I didn’t have any due charges but now I do.

Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi xz101 we actually display all of our CVC graphs and bandwidth information on our website to show our commitment to no congestion on our networks. You can find this here (https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/cvc-graphs/)
- Regards, Tom

Brisbane

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Broadband and broad knowledge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

Been with Aussie Broadband since 2017, after withdrawing from one of the larger Telcos.
Apart from clearly being understood, their service and Technical knowledge is exemplary .
Currently on NBN FTTP with 50 down etc and connection is solid and stable.
Always happy to support local business, particularly given their approach to customers.
I wish them every success and may they remain Australian.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Basil thanks for the review we're glad to hear that you have made the switch and we have been able to help you!

if you have further feedback please let us know as we're always looking for ways to improve - cheers, Tom

AUSSIE BROADBAND REVIEW

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

Connection was smooth ( help provided was accurate and spot on). Help line fantastic..... operators live in australia and don't speak with unintelligible accents. Its a pity that we only get fibre to the node but that was a very stupid political decision by the conservative government

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Chris thanks for the review, we're happy to hear about your experience and thankyou for the awesome feedback on our customer service team (as this is something we pride ourselves on) If you hav... read more »

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Aussie Broadband is great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

I am connected to NBN with Aussie Broadband. Their service has been extremely good. When NBN was first connected It did drop out frequently. Aside Broedband were very quick to find the problem and resolve it. Their customer service is 2nd to none, in my opinion.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Val M thanks for the review, that's great to hear that our team were able to resolve your issues quickly and easily and you're enjoying the service. Please let us know if you have further feed... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Simple, fast NBN and excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Signed up with Aussie Broadband when the NBN arrived in our area. The connection process was seamless, the connection is as fast as I was expecting, and has been 100% reliable with no slow downs. Customer service has been top notch with unobtrusive follow ups to ensure all is well, and clear and timely notifications of anything that will affect our service. Very happy customer!

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Darren thanks for the review, thats great to hear about your experience and that we were able to make your transition to the nbn smooth and easy. If you have any further feedback please let us... read more »

Perfect, 10/10

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Recently switched over to Aussie BB on a 50 Unlimited NBN FTTN plan. Could not be happier with the service, speed and overall experience provided. Currently getting somewhere in the neighbourhood of 45-48 Mbps during peak times, which is unbelievable. Likely going to increase to the 100 plan soon. Overall experience has been great, customer service were super friendly when I was troubleshooting router settings etc. No dropouts so far, no "6pm slowdowns", no lock-in contract - it's fantastic.

Fantastic provider and would happily recommend to anyone.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Simon thanks for the review and thanks for making the switch to us! Glad to hear you're enjoying the speeds even during peak times which is something we strive for. If you have further feedba... read more »

Cairns

• 1 review

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Fast and reliable internet, with great service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

I transitioned to the NBN, and transitioned from a rival ISP. My old ADSL service was slow and frequently experienced issues. I found the customer service response unsatisfactory. I chose Aussie Broadband based on their reputation. From my first contact, I was impressed. Communication was swift and efficient. The switch over happened when stated and worked instantly, at the suggested speed. I have had no issues, and would definitely recommend.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Andrew L thanks for the review, that is great to hear that you have made the switch and you're now able to enjoy the speeds all the time!

1 of 52 pages

Can you please give me a breakdown of the costs of the NBN to my house. I know its late and am tired, so probably missed the page of the costs involved

PeteF asked on May 21, 2018

Answer this

Hi PeteF thanks for the question, without knowing your address I am unable to let you know of any possible connection costs but you can find our full plans and pricing here (https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/residential/residential-internet/nbn/) - Cheers, Tom

Hi just a quick question - I am with Telstra now and have Foxtel through them as well. If I use yous for NBN what happens with the Foxtel side of things?

Kevin Price asked on May 15, 2018

G'day to you,
Well what I think will happen is you will end up with 2 of the black NBN modems. I have the landline with Telstra and as you see ips with another. In total I have 4 modems one for my ISP (my modem/router) a big white modem (supplied with Telstra) and two NBN modems. It's really untidy..

Hi Kevin Price thanks for the question, you can definitely choose us as your ISP and BYO modem or choose to purchase one from us.
In regards to the Foxtel, this would be something you would need to take up with Telstra or Foxtel directly as we have no partnership with them and they are a separate service.

I have been looking into joining the NBN which is now available in our area 3691 by fixed wireless. A bit nervous as to our distance from the NBN tower and if it will work. Is there anyway i can use this out before I sign up or get a technician out?

sue asked on May 03, 2018

Answer this

Hi Sue thanks for the question, we won't be able to determine how the service will work until an nbn technician can go out and do some testing at your address before install, we don't offer any contracts on our nbn services so this would be a risk free way of trying out the nbn.

I would recommend speaking with our sales team on 1300 880 905 for further clarification though.

Regards, Tom

Hi Sue,
Tom has already answered your question.

On the upside, provided you can get a wireless service, if you don’t like the speed, then you can cancel the service with the maximum cost to you being 1 month’s payment.

See all 51 questions about Aussie Broadband