Filter By:

Brisbane

• 3 comments
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Amazing service - no call centre outside of Australian and set me up on a Saturday within an hour i

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

I was with Amayism up until October until they decided to stop providinig NBN. They handed all my details to another company called Southern Phone. I have unsuccessfully tried to call Southern Phone 4 x times - each time I have been on hold for at least 60 minutes. I gave up trying to talk to someone. So I blocked Southern Phone from my bank so they can't charge me anymore. I joined Aussie Broadband who setup me up within 1 hr. I was able to use my Amayism 'NetComm Wireless' modem. An Aussie Broadband technician took me through step by step on how to setup my modem so I did not have to purchase another modem. Plus they answered the phone in under 5 minutes. It's after midday on a Saturday and there is someone you can talk to. Amazing service. No contract no setup fee.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

By far the worst internet ive ever had

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

This is the worst internet I've ever had, it drops out every 5 minutes and also cuts out when the micowave turns on, I cant stay in a playstation party for longer than 2 minutes without dropping out of it. Terrible internet and service would not recommend i wish i could give this piece of crap company -50 stars but i cant. Thanks

Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Much much better than Telstra rubbish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

After being with Telstra for ages and their poor service, Aussie Broadband has showed them up buy getting what I pay for and they provide a great service. I am very happy with Aussie!

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

have been with aussie bb for over 3 years and am very satisfied. maintenance is regularly done, always in early a.m. hours, so no disruption. have lost connection only 4-5 times over this period, and this only because there were severe storms at the time. amazed at some weather conditions during which no drop outs. voip is cheap and reliable too. receive regular updates/ info from aussie. I live out in the sticks- so was surprised at high level of service

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Hands down best isp in Australia

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

I have been with Ausse Broadband for almost a year now and I have an extremely reliable 250mb connection at an affordable price and extremely good customer service.

Fantastic Experience Thus Far

100mb plan, FTTN

Not gonna lie, being a first time customer I was hesitant that there were ONLY good reviews, in fact if it wasn't for all the constant praise on reddit I would have believed it to be bot accounts spamming 5 stars. After getting everything setup I was very happy to discover that Aussie Broadband live up to their fantastic reputation.

The second we got the router in the mail we had it up and running in under 10 minutes, and that was with us stuffing around while we set it up. I like that it was so easy.

So far we've had extremely reliable service, even with all of us downloading massive steam games simultaneously we still had no buffering on 1080p YouTube throughout all of this.

I'd say 90+ percent of the time we're getting the max possible sync speed (on both UP/DL), no matter what time of day. In fact, you can expect it to be max speed at any time, since it's really only dipped to 90/100 once or twice since we got it.

The latency has been really good too, a stable 60ms on the MOBAs I play (LoL etc), the servers of which are across the other side of the country from me, so I'm extremely happy to have this internet since it shaved 20ms off my ping. It also connects well to NA servers, I get about 200 ping (I used to play on 450-600ms on my old internet so this has made my gaming experience so much better and I don't need a VPN anymore just to connect to them)

We even got a 6 month discount since we're new customers.

Kellyville Ridge, NSW

• 9 comments
  • 12 answers
  • 17 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Every ISP should aspire to be more like Aussie Broadband- These guys do what they say and they do it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

I am not one to throw away 5 star reviews- but if you are on the lookout for stable, quick internet services, new service provision in light speed, excellent customer service, techs that actually know what they are talking about and no nonsense then look no further.

The customer service people are actually capable of problem solving as opposed to reading a ridiculous script. The managers provide solutions when a commitment has been missed. They will stand by their NO nonsense guarantee, no questions asked.

It's not the cheapest, but at a $10 premium to the likes of TPG (whose service is horrendous) I know what I am getting and I really like it.

Great Job Aussie Broadband!

If you have any doubts about whether or not to sign up with these guys, stop thinking and just do it!

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Thanks Vic, how lovely is that feedback? We very much appreciate you taking the time to write it. If you ever find something you think we can improve, don't hesitate to let us know. Have a great weekend! cheers, Janet.

Boonah, QLD

• 1 answer

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Excellent Aussie ISP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Had a few issues when trying to set up my service with them due to still being connected to my old ISP. Aussie kept in contact via phone and email till problems fixed.
Very happy with the level of service provided by Aussie Broadband.
Also great to be able to talk to an aussie when contacting them :)

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

thanks Kal, we very much appreciate the feedback! If you do find anything we can improve please drop us a line. cheers, Janet.

Burpengary

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Truly deserving of my hard-earned money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

What a breath of fresh air to be away from RUBBISH deActivateme,and experiencing a reliable connection, typically 45/16mb/s on 50/20 plan. Reliable connection also with few if any dropouts. Staff are first class, respectful and efficient. All in all I think Aussiebroadband runs like a well-oiled machine. It's great to be aboard with AussieBB, who are ticking ALL the right boxes! Couldn't be happier! Keep up the high level of service guys!

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Thanks Luke, that's lovely feedback! If you ever spot something that you think might interrupt the well-oiled machine please let us know. cheers, Janet.

Fern Tree, Tasmania

• 3 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 1 answer
  • 23 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

These guys deserve ten stars, not five!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

For 12 months I was with Boom Broadband and more than satisfied. They were reliable and delivered speeds around 20 mbps consistently. Then Activ8me took them over and my world collapsed!! Dropouts 2 or 3 times a day, constant buffering with Fetch TV, and lucky if download speeds reached double figures.

I escaped from them and switched to Aussie Broadband. Wow, wow, wow! Excellent customer services, support staff really helpful, and fast reliable downloads I'd only dreamed of - typically 30 to 40 mbps. So far not a single dropout! Oh, and all for $10 less a month than I was paying those other clowns.

Can't recommend them too highly!

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

HI glazfolk, thanks so much for the feedback, we very much appreciate it. If you ever do find something you think we can improve, just let us know! cheers, Janet

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Finally a 5* NBN Provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Amazing staff that always help.
Speeds are actually what they advertise unlike other brands. Couldn't be happier with Aussie BB.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Awesome to hear, Gfunk! Thanks so much for the review. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Dani

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

great customer and overall service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

The switch from my previous telco provider to AussieBB was seamless. Aussie BB were easy to deal with and provided exactly what they offered. I have had no problems with my connection, billing or any part of the service. I cant say that about any other telco I have ever used.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hey Adam, thanks so much for the review, it's very much appreciated. Seamless is what we aim for! If you ever do have any feedback on what we can improve, don't hesitate to drop us a line. cheers, Janet.

Baulkham Hills

Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

change was as good as a holiday for a tired old dragon

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

Changed to Aussie after multiple problems with another provider with a similar name .The whole process setting up account,router,voip etc was amazingly easy,early days but not having to wait an hour plus every time I needed help as was the case with the former provider and then being connected to a non English speaking tech assistant is a vast improvement. Still not happy with speed but I believe this has more to do with the NBN calamity than with Aussie,we are on HFC and maybe thats as good as it gets.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Well, we are very happy to have you with us. Thanks for the review. I'd love to help improve your speeds so I'll be in touch shortly to see if I can arrange a technician to give you a call. Cheers, Dani

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great speed and the best aussie service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Connection extremely reliable. No issues with the service. Aussie have been excellent from first contact right through to connection. Sent me texts to keep me updated and had me connected on the day they promised. Love Aussie Broadband. Just go with Aussie, you won't regret it.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Thanks so much Red Dog. We're happy that you enjoy our level of communication and our services. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Great so far!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

One very happy customer here. Have been with ABB since I was connected to the NBN 2 or 3 months ago. My speed is excellent, without dropouts except for one, which was handled quickly and efficiently. Service calls don't have a long wait time and they appear to be handled in Australia. I left my former internet provider because you had to wait for a long time and the staff in service often had such heavy accents I couldn't decipher what they were saying (I do have a hearing problem).

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

We're happy to have you on board! Thanks for your review and glad to hear that you're enjoying our service and support. Cheers, Dani

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Best support, stable and fast connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

My partner and I are heavy broadband users. We download a lot, game a lot, stream video a lot.
Very few dropouts, feels like once a month. ABB are great at communicating what the issue is, and how they are resolving it.
They send emails in advance when they expect a hiccup.
They recently expanded their tech support opening hours.
Tech guys are friendly and patient and great at communicating crap.
Saturday I had an issue and expected a 30min+ hold time but they picked up instantly.

Typically getting 80-90mb speeds on the FTTN to my strata. My old ADSL2 was barely 3mb because of the crap copper.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Fantastic speeds! It's great to hear, thanks for your feedback. We initially had higher hold times when Mungi ISP collapsed and we tried to help out their customers. We weren't prepared for all of ... read more »

Wow!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I made the move from My Republic a few months ago and I haven’t looked back, my connection is more stable and faster. The sign up experience was outstanding and it made me feel welcome and excited to join Aussie Broadband. Thank you!

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

That's superb to hear! We're happy that your service has been great so far. If you ever find anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Great Service - Hassle free internet connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

After putting up with My republics continual peak period slow downs i transferred to Aussie Broadband. I was connected within 15 mins of calling them and have not experienced any slow down during peak period. Very happy with their service.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Fantastic to hear. Thanks for the review. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to improve our services. Cheers, Mel

Nanango

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Fantastic!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

We first signed up for NBN fixed wireless 25/5 with Boom Broadband as our provider early last year and straight away had terrible download speed. We contacted Boom immediately, but had to put up with it for nearly 2 months until the problem was corrected. Then early this year we upgraded to 50/20 and ended up with worse download speeds than on the 25/5 plan. We contacted Boom a number of times, did speed tests only to be told by NBN (according to Boom) that it was the nature of fixed wireless and our tower was only capable of 38 mbps download so nothing could be done to help us. Over time the download speed got much worse, 4, 5, 6, mbps. Just when we were about to phone Aussie Broadband to change over to them, we received an email from Boom to say they'd sold to Activ8me and they had taken over our account. The download speed dropped to 1.8 mpbs. After contacting Activ8me and told to do speed tests once again, we'd had enough and phoned Aussie Broadband. The person we spoke to was wonderful. She said to try one month connected to Aussie Broadband as a trial and see if our download speed improved. We signed up for 50 gigs a month on 25/5 and were connected within a couple of hours and did a speed test straight away - 23mbps download! Couldn't believe it! Kept checking and kept getting great results. We cancelled Activ8me the following day and upgraded our plan with Aussie Broadband to Unlimited 25/5. After a couple of months the download speeds are still great. We never had a problem with upload speeds at any time with the three providers, it's always been a download problem. With Boom and Activ8me we could never watch a movie on Fetch TV because there was always buffering and freezes, it was agony. With Aussie Broadband we have no problems watching them at all. Wish we'd signed up with Aussie Broadband at the beginning. Their customer service is excellent and they recently sent an email letting us know NBN was going to be working on the tower and we might experience an outage. Can't recommend Aussie Broadband highly enough. They are fantastic!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Wonderful to hear! We're so happy to have you on board with us. Thanks for the review. If you see anything that we can improve, please let me know. Cheers, Mel

Port Melbourne, VIC

• 21 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 30 helpful votes

DROPOUTS AND KEEP PAYING FOR A TERRIBLE SERVICE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Signed up with Aussie Broadband as I run a small business which is reliant on NBN. Constant apologies but there are dropouts or no internet at all. Ongoing issue with no resolution. Told to install a new phone line but had no dropouts with Telstra so how is that going to assist me? They troubleshoot with people who is disinterested in their job and work off a checklist. This is unsatisfactory.

Keep asking for the monthly payment for a service which is unsatisfactory.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi, I'd love to follow this up with you to see if we can get it resolved more satisfactorily. Unfortunately, the checklist is an nbn mandate. Since they send out the technicians, we check off a set... read more »

Mel I have had an Aussie Broadband staff member read through a checklist to ascertain the issue and she was not the least bit interested. Undertaking tests after tests and still no resolution but ... read more »

Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

As I said, I'd love to help you but I cannot do so unless you respond to my message so I can investigate if that's what you would like, but so far you've refused to let me assist. I'm really sorry ... read more »

1 of 79 pages

Will my Archer D9 be compatible with this provider?

Eddie H asked on Dec 08, 2018

Hi. I am wondering if I sign up to your nbn and phone bundle if caller display and message bank are included in the cost. I spoke to a lady on customer service and she said yes but on your website it says they are $6 for each service.

doonaegg asked on Nov 26, 2018

Answer this

Hi, there is no cost for message bank and caller display on a nbn VoIP home phone. Those fees apply to fixed line services, which we no longer sell to new customers. The difference between the two is most nbn connections now require the phone to be used over the internet (plugged into the router) and not on an actual phone line into the home.

Are Aussie Broadband modems suitable for a large house (5bdr)? Are they any good, or is it better finding one separately for FTTN?

Dave M asked on Nov 16, 2018

Answer this

The wireless connectionwith the new modem/router does not seem to be quite as good as the d-link one we were using before the change to nbn when I am using my ipad. However, it is located in a different place because of where the 'phone base station is. The speed through the modem using a cable is about twice as fast on now. Not sure about the wireless speed, but using my new mac computer wirelessly, everything quick. As it so happens the d-link should work with nbn, but there is no 'phone output. At some point I might try moving the new one to the old position, to see if this makes any difference. If it does, then just use the new one for the phone.

The NF18ACV's are great for small to medium houses. Large houses and houses with thick cement walls may require an extra feature like a WiFi extender. We have WiFi interference in the furthest bedroom in our house, so we have the Netcomm set up in bridged mode and have connected the Google router with the three points to create a strong WiFi net. It now works beautifully. This is just my personal setup, but if you live in a very built up area, or have a large house, the Aussie modem and then an additional router may be the way to go. I'm afraid I have not personally tested other modem routers to compare. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to email or even call our customer service team. Cheers, Mel.

See all 71 questions about Aussie Broadband