Filter By:

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

NBN connected today after I had delayed the progress due to stress in the past with other suppliers.Excellent prior service with Aussie informing me of the process we would follow. Called Aussie re connection to our air printer and a second computer soon afterward installation , phone answered within a few minutes both times. Support was always very understanding with clear Australian support . Issues resolved efficiently with no stress as in the past with Telstra. NBN a faster service than in the past ! Highly recommend this company !

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Amazing Customer Service, Download/Upload Speeds and great consistent ping for gamers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

When I say this, I mean it. I have a bad impression of all telco's until I gave Aussie Broadband a go. Their customer service is terrific. My NBN connection (FTTN) just got connected today and all seems well. Hopefully these speeds won't gradually decrease or continually drop out like my previous connection with Optus Cable Broadband in addition to their horrific customer service team.

The customer service team helps you as much as they can, and it actually feels like a conversation between your mate trying to help you rather than a monotone voice following a script.

Easy NBN Migration

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

I switched to Aussie Broadband since Mungi had discontinued their nbn100 plan. I was connected same day and the provisioning team went out of their way to make sure that they reached back out to me once the connection was completed since there was initially a clash on the order from the NBN side. Speeds are also really good, as good if not better than what I was getting on Mungi.

This is on a FTTP connection, so your mileage may vary on a FTTN or lower grade connection.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

NBN connection. Set up process was great, was kept informed throughout the process. My connection has been reliable, no dropouts, speed is great. Technical and customer support is wonderful, friendly and really helpful.

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Without a doubt, Australia's very best telecommunications company...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Many, many months before NBN became available in our suburb, I had decided that it would be a no-brainer to sign up with Aussie Broadband when NBN FTTC connection time arrived.

The factors before signup that were important to me included:

- a productreview.com.au rating of 4.6 of 5 (compared to 1.5 for the likes of TPG, Telstra and Optus, who are all impossible to deal with)

- very polite, pleasant and technically competent local call centre people that you can actually understand, and who are not simply reading from a script sheet

- the ability to bring your own equipment (so you're not forced to use potentially inferior quality modems and/or wifi routers)

- no lock-in contracts, because they are confident that you actually won't want to leave them

- highly flexible plans that allowed me to tailor connection speed, monthly download capacity and VOIP options to suit my requirements, and at a very competitive price

Since getting my 100/40 NBN service connected several weeks ago, Aussie Broadband's performance has been exemplary, with:

- easy and quick signup process (with frequent sms & emailed status updates)

- virtually full speed upload & download rates

- zero FTTC modem or service dropouts at all since connection 6 weeks ago

Many people complain about their ISP but they don't understand that there can be many other system limitations, including their device wifi connection speed, router bottlenecks, VDSL sync rate limits (based on copper length), NBN infrastructure limitations, general internet infrastructure delays, and finally, remote server capacity limitations.

I've lost track of the number of times I've recommended Aussie Broadband to other people, because I can't imagine that there is a better ISP in Australia at the moment.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi tony_sa thanks for the incredible review detailed feedback. We also are happy to hear that our team has been able to assist you and rectify any issues you have had as this is something we most... read more »

HIGHETT

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Moved from Optus Nbn to Aussie Nbn. Since doing so i have not had a single dropout, and the speed is fantastic. Customer service is fantastic. Highly recommend Aussie to anyone looking for a Real ISP.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Brad thanks for the review and making the switch to us. We're happy to hear that we have been able to improve your nbn experience and you're enjoying the service! If you have further feedback... read more »

Taylors Lakes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Easy to deal with and Very good techical support, always calling back to make sure everything is ok

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

NBN fttp 100mb, I am having average 93mb/s that was fantastic/. Support call back was quick and easy process,
I Work for one of the biggest computer companies in the world and I use network 24/7.

Very happy with outcome, coming from Telstra adsl+, I had some doubts of the quality of the service before join and read some reviews about Aussie Broadband, I was happy to pay high price but ensure that i will have top quality in service. yes I got it. 100% happy.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi ozrrangel thanks for the review, that's awesome to hear that you're getting the speeds you need to get everything done.

If you have further feedback please let us know as we're always looking for ways to improve. - Cheers, Tom

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Service is a breath of fresh air

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

All staff I have spoken to are knowledgeable and helpful. My connection is poor but this is not anyone's fault but the government for using rubbish tech like fttn. It is great taking with Aussie people about local problems, something that has been lost with company profit margins and outsourcing, good job.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Old man yamamoto thanks for getting in touch, we're happy to hear that our team has been able to assist you and you're enjoying the service we provide. if you have further feedback please let ... read more »

Happy Customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

I moved to Aussie Broadband for the NBN service and was blown away by the ease of transferring. AB were extremely good at communications and support everything went exactly as scheduled without a hitch. I live in a dodgy area where internet has always been a problem for us so I was very reluctant to change .. after a LOT of research a friend recommended AB and I was so happy it all went so smoothly !!! highly recommend !!!!! I live on Sunshine Coast

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi HelenD thanks for getting in touch, that is great to hear that your transition to the nbn went smoothly and you're now able to enjoy the service. If you have further feedback please let us know... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Nbn constantly drops out.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

My nbn drops out all day every day, I am not happy with it. I've gone over my data on my phone due to my service never working, I have a year left on my plan and when it's up I'm going else where.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Teleah thanks for taking the time to review our services, we do not offer contracts/plans on our services so I would certainly like to investigate this one and will be sending you a PM shortly - cheers, Tom

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

No idea of details, but all connection went without a hitch and I couldn't be more satisfied.Service was spot on

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Too hard thanks for the review, glad to hear your transition to the nbn has gone smoothly and you're enjoying the service.

Fabulous Telco

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

NBN connection with the smoothest set-up I've ever experienced.
Communication on the status was constant.
No dropouts as yet & extremely happy with the Service & Support.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Sue J thanks for the review, glad to hear the connection went smoothly and you're enjoying the service and communication we offer.

Best provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

I have been with Aussie broadband for almost 5 months now. I have tried too many internet providers in Australia and Aussie broadband was the best internet provider I have been with in Australia. However, they may have some breakdowns in gaming ping but it happens rarely. Great service.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi User thanks for the review, it's great to hear you've stuck with us and you're enjoying the service!

Bayswater

• 2 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

A good example of how to do business

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

We were on ADSL until NBN became an option. Lucky enough to get FTTP at our factory. Got lots of recommendations on who to go with. Read about AussieBroadband on Ozbargain while looking for something else.

I wanted a 100/40 connection and AB's reputation was that their speeds pretty well matched what was being sold. We routinely get around 95/35. Very happy. Only use their services for our internet connection as we have a separate phone solution in place.

Their people have been easy to deal with. Calls to support are answered quickly. I've never ended up having to speak to 6 people in the course of one phone call - something I've experienced elsewhere. During the wait to get connected there were timely updates on where things were at.

Not the cheapest provider, however the balance of service, price and 'real world' internet speed is excellent. Highly recommended.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Ian s thanks for the review, that is great to hear that you have been getting awesome speeds and you're enjoying the service form our customer support team. If you have further feedback please ... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Impressive set-up service and speeds

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

We began the process by signing up online on a Tuesday. One week later we had received our router, had the installation complete, had an NBN contractor (successfully) troubleshoot the speed issues resulting from the NBN Co's equipment (within an hour of reporting it with a team member from Aussie Broadband). They also made arrangements for a bit of extra time to pay our first invoice. The service was efficient and we were set up with 95 down and 35 up within a week. Couldn’t be happier with the service and speeds so far!

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Megellin thanks for taking the time ot review our services, we're happy to hear that the connection went smoothly and our team has been able to resolve any issues you have had. If you have fur... read more »

Queensland

• 10 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 46 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Top notch customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

I signed up online and BAM! it took them less than 2hrs to connect my nbn service. Downloads are very fast with no congestion and lag times. I spoke to one of their lovely ladies over the phone and she was more than happy to answer any of my questions. The big telcos can learn from this company. Please keep your call centres in oz.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Rod thanks for the review, we're happy to hear we were able to get you connected smoothly and easily and you're now able to enjoy the service. If you have further feedback please let us know as... read more »

Hi Tom I don't believe your company requires improvement. Your people highly impressed me from the first phone call, they were nice, knowledgeable and spoke our language unlike other telcos moving ... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Best Telco I've been with to date.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

I just wanted to let people who are interested know that, I was indeed very fortunate to have almost stumbled upon Aussie Broadband's services. After having had worse than truly woeful experiences with other Telcos (Telstra, Optus, and probably the worst of all, TPG), both in customer service and amount of money lost, I feel lucky indeed, to have had the option to try Aussie Broadband's services. When I heard about them, and then researched them online and read all the excellent reviews, I felt like Aussie BB was the one last option left for me. Well, a few months on and I can truly say that, it's the first time that I have never had to stress about my Telco provider. Everything about Aussie Broadband and its services has been positive: The different deals they have across the board, the best value for money I've ever come across, the best customer service I've also ever come across, as far as Telcos go.

They also live up to the promises they make on the site, including NO lag-time during peak-time! a first, in my experience.

The best part is that, they are local, who - from my experience again - are always there to help with any question and issues I may have. I initially signed up with Aussie BB, for my internet (via the NBN) and recently also added our household's landline with Aussie BB as well. Everything ran smoothly, and again, it's the first time I have never had to stress over any aspect of, either my internet service or landline connection.

Yes, this is a bit of a lengthy review, because Aussie Broadband deserve it! I can't encourage anyone strongly enough, who has been looking to find excellent service and real value for money, to give Aussie BB a go. You will not be disappointed! not from my experience!

Finally, I really hope that Aussie Broadband keep doing what they're doing, and they stick around for a long time to come; because, if you guys don't, then, well, we're screwed.

Thank you again so much!

A. Iona, Lilyfield, NSW

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Andia thanks for the review and making the switch to Aussie Broadband, we appreciate all of your kind feedback. We're happy to hear our team has been able to assist and making your transition ... read more »

Thanks Tom; and you're most welcome!
Andia I.

perth

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Easy Set sup and great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

By far the best internet provider i've come across. I had a horrible time with both optus and iinet hence prompting me to pursue another provider. Amazing customer service and very fast setup. I would highly recommend Aussie Broadband to anyone looking for a reliable and fast NBN provider.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Raf thanks for the review and making the switch to Aussie Broadband. We're happy to hear that our team has been able to assist and you're enjoying the service! If you have further feedback plea... read more »

The Ponds

• 1 comment
  • 8 helpful votes

Best Value for Money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

Very reliable and business grade service for home users. Consistent speeds throughout the week. Any scheduled outages are notified in advance. After a bad experience with My Republic happy to be with a company which gives me service and value for my money. If Aussie Broadband continues providing quality service I will remain their customer for a long time to come.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Hasan Rizvi thanks for the review, that's great to hear that you're enjoying the speeds and communication we provide.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Local and easy to deal with.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

I have NBN with Aussie broadband. They are a local company so are more friendly and personal than some others. I have no dropout problems. Occasionally there is a notification of upcoming outage events for maintenance, but these are at night and have never affected me. I am very happy with the cost too. I strongly recommend them.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Dave F thanks for the review, we're happy to hear our team has been able to help and you're enjoying the service and communications.

1 of 61 pages

Are there any reviews for fixed wireless customers?

Jilly L asked on Aug 14, 2018

Answer this

Hi Jilly L, a number of our reviews are from Fixed Wireless services, these are normally listed in the review which product type they are. - Cheers, Tom

Hi - Just wondering why the cost of your plans went up $10 over the weekend? most providers over time appear to slowly lower their price plans. The main reason I ask, is that on Thursday last week my daughter and myself attempted to sign her up at her address (and we are experiencing some issues - Invoice has wrong address and so not sure if the modem is now going to another state etc)... and tonight I was looking at the plans again with the anticipation of everything going well with my daughter and as such changing my ISP who I have been with for many years..... however a $10 rise in your plans now puts you a little behind other offers including my current ISP. This all said, this doesn't mean that I am still not considering (as my current ISP's performance has gone down hill ), it was just unusual to see such a hike. ie. last week ABB plans were NBN 50 was $69.95 (discount 59.95 6 months) is now showing as $79 and NBN100 was $89.95 (discounted to $79.95 6 months) now showing $99.

Drew asked on Aug 12, 2018

Answer this

Hi Drew thanks for the question.
We haven't made any changes to our plans in the past few months.
In short, the plans are normally priced at $79/$99 for the unlimited 50/20mbps speed tiers.

We do have a number of promotional codes currently which apply the relevant discount in the checkout.

Cheers, Tom

Morning Aussie Broadband, Before on MY DSL connection my IPTV box is working fine. After i transfer to NBN Aussie broadband the videos are playing. WHY?

clark asked on Aug 09, 2018

Answer this

I’m sorry you may want to re read your question.

Hi Clark thanks for the question, if you're having issues with your connection I would recommend speaking with our tech support team to investigate by calling 1300 880 905 - cheers, Tom

See all 61 questions about Aussie Broadband