Filter By:

Verified Customer

Read your contract carefully

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

I have a service warranty. Make sure you read your contract carefully. My manufacturers handbook says get car serviced every 15,000km but apparently my warranty says I must get it done every 10,000kms. I thought I was doing the right thing until I asked about making a claim. I have been putting in the service coupons religiously during the past 18 months but not once has it been brought to my attention that I am not compliant with the rules. I guess that was a waste of money. I guess you learn from your mistakes. Trying to get through on the phone to the claims department may take you a few tries as well. Took me 10 days of waiting on the phone 20 minutes at a time before I got through. I can't comment on their service as I received none. I am taking responsibility for not reading the contract but am still upset.

Awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I have been with AWN since March 2018 and last week had to make a claim. It was very easy I made a phone call and my car was fixed and home by the next day! My only criticism would be the fact that my car broke down on Friday after 5 and I had to wait until Monday to put my claim in, a bit of an inconvenience being without a car all weekend, cars brake down out of hours to guys... but other then that fantastic customer service and as I said once the claim was in very smooth process.

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your feedback, your constructive feedback Is appreciated. We are very happy we could work with you to achieve a great outcome in having your vehicle repaired.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

CA is good but price is disclosed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I have been client for over a year. Bought the insurance from car dealer only to realize that there’s 3 type of it and I was sold the very basic one. Recently made a second claim and only covered $300 and had to pay extra $800 with my own pocket from the approved car service that was charged so pricy. Called to request to upgrade the insurance but was advised it can’t be done until my warranty is ended first and also price post cannot be revealed during this time. Feel 120% certain I got conned by the car dealer I bought this insurance from. Though, the customer service ladies are always helpful and nice in general.

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Japanese Doll, We thank you for your feedback on your most recent claim. We would like to look further into the details you outlined in your review. To help us identify you as an AWN customer... read more »

Disappointingly terrible experience!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Never have I before written a bad review on any experience, but I feel this may be the only way my case will be elevated to someone who will listen.

Purchased my warranty with my vehicle in December 2017 - experience was great!

Wednesday 11th August my car was brought to AWN's preferred repairer for works. The repairs were approved by AWN with no problem - the out of pocket for me was $388; a cost I understood not to be covered by my insurance. That was no problem! 8 weeks later...8 weeks, I finally received my car back despite minimal communication from the repairer or AWN as to when my car would be ready throughout that time. I was extremely patient with this process and had to manage my own transport for the 8 week period. Audi confirmed for that this repair SHOULD have only taken 2-2.5 weeks, maximum!

I dropped my car back to the preferred repairer again on the 8th October, for a scheduled 1/2 day check in following it's major repairs. At 4pm that day as I was on my way to collect my car, I phoned the repairer to confirm pick up, as I hadn't heard from them at lunch time as planned. It was then that I was advised further works would be required to my car. I confirmed that these works would 100% be covered by the warranty and that my car would be ready for collection Wednesday 17th October. Again, without my car during this period.

Tuesday 29th October, no correspondence from the repairer or update on my car since dropping it off on the 8th October. Keep in mind that I previously was without my car for 7-8 weeks during the main repairs. Monday 19th November, still no car. Again, I spoke to Audo who said the additional works should be complete in 2 weeks.

Here we are, MONDAY 26TH NOVEMBER, and still no car. I’ve now had use of my car 4 OUT OF THE LAST 19 WEEKS!! In this time I have had to borrow/rent cars at my own expense and inconvenience as well as pay for insurances and registrations which I haven't used.

Traditionally, I’m not one to complain however my patience with this is gone. I am extremely disappointed in this experience and am feeling very nervous about the repairs being carried out on my car. I have little to no confidence in this process, the quality of workmanship, or customer service. Despite my request to have AWN Management contact me regarding this, I have had no contact from them. Despite the request to have a full QC check of my car complete, no response. In fact, someone from AWN said to me "Better Late Than Never".

Clearly no one from AWN has experienced poor customer service, or left without their car for 15 weeks themselves, otherwise they'd understand the stress and inconvenience this has caused.

I understand businesses sometimes don't always get it right, but at least identify when you don't and rectify the situation in EVERY possible way you can. I don't write this review because the company employs bad staff, because they've been lovely, BUT no one, including Management, has actually been interested in helping me. This is why I write my review - in hope that someone will actually take my situation seriously.

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Danielle,

We would like to investigate the details of your recent review, could you please message us your name, policy number and best contact details.

Hassle free claims process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

So easy claim was processed the same day. I have only had this warranty for under a year and have claimed twice. I paid for the warranty myself and I highly recommend if you buy a car get it. They explain everything and make it so easy.

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Casey, We are very happy we could assist you and authorise your latest claim; 1. Approved Claim: Nov 2018, Authorised $855.00 for radiator repairs. 2. Approved Claim: Aug 2018, Authorised $902... read more »

Warranty Claim All Sorted

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

The warranty coverage and claim matched what was advertised and what I signed up to. The claims teams were very easy to deal with and had great communication. Understandably the value of the work required a second quote and opinion but once obtained, proceeded very well.

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Kelvin,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy we could work with you to achieve a great outcome and approve $1629.55 to repair your steering system.

Excellent Customer Service and understanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I've been with AWN just over a year now and have never had an issue with them. They were very understanding when I missed a service due to being overseas and reinstated the policy once I had completed the missed service, without any dramas. I've already had a claim that was approved instantly and they dealt direct with the mechanic, so saved me some much valuable time. Thank you AWN!

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Kym,

We are very happy we could work with you to have your vehicle successfully repaired. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Warranty refusal for tax invoice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

Hey... Just keep away from this people. Paid 1875 dollar for the extended warranty for my jeep grand cherokkee All the survives are up to date done by a licensed mechanic but he can only give me a cash receipt not a tax invoice. They just refuse the warranty for that reason. The car was just did 7000km since we bought it and did 3 services to keep the warranty which became useless at this moment. He entered the service in logbook as well as he can. Dont know what to do... Just wonder consumer law protects me or not as the mechanic is ready to give a testimony...

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Manjo, What you have stated in your post is concerning. Upon payment for a service or any repairs, a replicable licensed service centre/ workshop MUST provide a copy of the paid tax invoice/ ... read more »

Adelaide

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

A bit of a runaround,but problem fixed.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

Had a panoramic sunroof problem on my 2010 BMW X5M, ended up having to go to 3 repairers for qoates,about a 80km round trip each time. The last repairer had a month wait to look at the car and needed it for 2 days. They quoted $4200.00 which was accepted by AWN. Then another 3 week wait to get in and another 80km round trip. AWN staff were friendly and did touch base with me between quoted. Sunroof working well now and hope it continues to, for AWN and for me.

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Gavin,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy we could work with you to achieve a great outcome and approve $4940.00 to repair your vehicle sunroof.

AWN Customer Support

Cost more than I thought, thanks once again.

Queanbeyan

Reasonable service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

I have the top AWN policy. AWN have reasonably contributed towards repair costs on several occasions for my vehicle with little drama. Slight inconvenience of having to make additional calls in the first instance to AWN instead of being through our mechanic, but I can live with that. I'd suggest a change in company policy to allow our mechanic to deal directly with AWN in the first instance, as we are all busy. This year, AWN service staff were polite and friendly to deal with when the power steering unit on my vehicle required replacing and more recently when air conditioning compressor required replacing, problem resolution was fast.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Helen, We are very happy we could assist you and authorise your latest claim; 1. Approved Claim: Oct 2018, Authorised $1250.00 for air-conditioning repairs. 2. Approved Claim: July 2018, Autho... read more »

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

While renting car, there was a scratch in the car for which Rental company charged me 550$.
Glad to take this third party insurance. As soon as I received all documents from Rental company about damage, I uploaded it in insurance website. It was hassle free and got money back within a week !!
Excellent service !!!

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy we could work with you to achieve a great outcome.

perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Absolutely perfect. I put a claim through and it was approved within 3 days, no questions. Well worth the money spent

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Strawbridge,

We are very happy we could approve $694.57 for your electronic ignition repairs.
Thank you for sharing your claims experience, we appreciate your feedback.

Adelaide

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Not sure if its value for money or just jumping through hoops

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

We only have 1 car for 4 people. We are not mechanically minded. When the car plays up we need it fixed as soon as possible. We don't know at the time what the problem is and if it is covered by warranty. We have used the same mechanic for many years and trust him and he is very good with his pricing. I don't think having to find out what the problem is then ring the warranty team up to see if I can get it fixed at my repairer or if I have to get quotes is ok. This takes time we don't have. We paid for a service but apparently to get any service we need to jump through hoops to get what we paid for. Not very happy.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Mark, I see you have had two claims to date, the first claim occurred 15/06/2018, we authorised and paid the repairer direct $605.00 to supply and fit a power steering pump. In regard to ... read more »

Thanks but like I said if its not covered I've wasted my time and I'd rather take my car to my mechanic. I find this frustrating if I need the car repaired quickly
Yes 2 claims where made but to claim wasn't really easy.

No Drama!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

Having only been with AWN for 4 months I was expecting a cold reception from this warranty insurer, however, the experience was painless and without any drama.
The team at AWN Insurance were helpful from start to finish and responded immediately to resolve my mechanical breakdown with my vehicle and coordinated the repairs immediately.

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Steven,

We appreciate your feedback and are very happy we were able to approve your $690.00, claim for a fuel pump repair.

Thank you for sharing your claims experience.

Audi pcv hose

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Purchased vehicle and using stat warranty a pcv hose blew costing $500 and claimed hassle free, only downside is having to cough up the money myself before being reimbursed, thank god for credit cards, great service too!

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Ash,

satisfied with the service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Many thanks to AWN warranty i found it is very simple to claim in a few moments without any complected the staff is very friendly to discuses the mechanic service is excellent and honest all has been done for 3 claims in the last approx. 5 months without any problems i recommended AWN for my friends and relatives to joints and use it in their insurance i have 2 policy with AWN and will be with them in the future for any car insurance many thanks again for AWN and all staff
Maher William
Rego. BJ18YD

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi M Williams,

Thank you for writing a review, our customer service team members will appreciate your feedback. We are very happy we could be of assistance to you again.

Very Satisfying Thankyou

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

I have a 2006 Diesel Navara i purchased in January18. Its parked in the garage 90% of the time as im a FIFO mine worker.
I have done less than 5000km in this car since owning it, 9 months. Two weeks ago the diesel injection pump failed, it wouldnt start after just arriving home and wanting to duck out to the shops again. Mobile mechanic said fuel pump needed replacing. An expensive job.
Luckily I had an AWN policy.
So i called them, to see if i was covered for a new fuel pump. Minimum $3500 fix. They said yes it was up to $4000 pending inspection/diagnosis by their approved repairer in Medina WA. I paid for towing to that workshop immediately. A week or so later after diagnosis through process of elimination and a report being made to AWN the work was approved, then 3 days later i had my car back.
Ive never made an insurance claim before and was very nervous about wether or not AWN would cover me upto 4 grand. But fortunately they did. The whole job actually cost $4800 ,so i gladly paid the difference. The whole experience was as should be. AWN were so good to deal with and their Mechanic was great too, keeping me informed. So im very very happy that i took out an insurance policy with AWN. I had my car back in just over 2weeks, running sweet.
Make sure you keep your service schedule up to date.
Thanks to Rod at Medina Automotive and especially AWN.
Highly recommend.

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Dean,

Cheers,

Smooth claim

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

We have had a policy for 12 months and made our first claim. Can't fault the service we received. It took a few days to upload our service records but once this was done the car was repaired.

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Christine,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and sharing your claims experience.

• 2 helpful votes

Wording of policy a Joke

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

Been 4 years without a claim.. First claim ( $2500) and was surprised how much three letters would void a policy, they responded often " technically speaking " as an answer. My authorized repairer could not believe their attitude towards wording on policy, who argued on my behalf that the item replaced was on the policy with no avail. Nice company if you don't claim or item has 3 letters extra on part required. Would not recommend . All good reviews must be for standard parts without 3 letters. BYE BYE AWN...

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Jan,

Happy Camper

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

We recently did the big trip up north in our caravan and had a few problems with the van on our return home.
AWN were extremely helpful and efficient providing us with a repairer close to home(Caravan World Pakenham)who repaired the issues efficiently and communicated very well on the progress of repairs.
Thanks AWN and Caravan World.
Caravan WorId in Pakenham.

Comments
Australian Warranty Network Official

Hi Phil,

Glad to hear you returned safe and sound from your adventure!
Thank you for writing a review, we are thrilled we were able to assist you.

1 of 20 pages

Why is my Audi front door locking system not included in the warranty?

Suni asked on Nov 05, 2018

Answer this

Hi Suni,

We have a wide variety of mechanical breakdown products with different levels of claim limits and covered components. If the components that have failed in your vehicle are listed in your chosen mechanical breakdown cover, they would be covered.

If you are unsure, just give us a call on 07 38025577 and we would be happy to assist you. For more information on our products and services, visit our website: www.awninsurance.com.au

Dear

I called your 1800 number and was informed that the car door lock is not included even thought it is an electrical issue.

The car windows are included in the warranty and so is electrical shut I was informed not door electrical. How the two any difffernet?

Hi Suni,

We don't have a 1800 number, our phone number is 07 38025577.
So we can identify you as an AWN customer and the type of mechanical breakdown product you purchased, could you please email claims@awninsurance.com.au and include your name, policy number, vehicle registration number and a brief description of your claim problem.

AWN Customer Support

Hello, Doesnt AWN cover engine failures caused by timing chain issues?

Sooraj S asked on Nov 02, 2018

Good day. Who can recommend a good secondhand car exstended warrenty, like for gearbox etc Thanks Kobus

kobus asked on Oct 18, 2018

Answer this

Hi Kobus,

AWN has a wide variety of breakdown insurance products available to suit your coverage requirements and budget. The product that offers the highest level of coverage is our Extension Mechanical Breakdown Insurance; you can review this product and others by going to our website: www.awninsurance.com.au

AWN’s breakdown insurance products are only available to be purchased through our 3000 selected licensed and authorised agents; motor dealerships, caravan dealerships, motorbike dealerships, finance brokers etc. throughout Australia.

Prior to purchasing a breakdown insurance product please insure you read and understand the Product Disclosure Statement. A (PDS) contains all the information you require to make an informed decision whether the product you are considering is the right product for you.

See all 25 questions about Australian Warranty Network