Couples Mattress Saved My Life!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

We are now three times return customers to Beds For Backs over the past 15 years. Currently sleeping on a Couples mattress. Bought it five years ago after I went to my GP and cried in her office (and I'm not a crier normally) from the debilitating shoulder pain I was experiencing post arrival of third baby. Peter recommended a Couples mattress with Shoulder Zone, it sounded like just what I needed. Shoulder pain resolved within a week of sleeping on new mattress (and a MediRest Pillow), plus was able to get hours of good quality sleep, so literally changed my life! Peter came out to the home and fitted supports to give me best results. Where else do you get this kind of service? Deserve more than 5 stars. Have just gone back to buy a mattress for our now 10 year old son as he's growing up fast and I don't trust any other mattress to support his growing body.

Good customer service/ Reza

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

We went south melbourne shop and we could find best mattress for our problem that is lower back problem, Reza is knowledgeable and amazing person, I RECOMMEND TO MY ALL FRIENDS AND FAMILY, BEDS FOR BACKS IS REAL MATTRESS COMPANY.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Sang it is good to hear that you were able to find the right mattress for yourself. All our consultants are knowledgeable and provide excellent customer service, however I will personally acknowledge who you dealt with.

Good service from Rick at Nunawading

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Bought a mattress and back support 6 months ago and when it was time to flip, Rick came to assist. He reset the back support for us as well to allow for the mattress settling. When I got up the next morning, I felt two inches taller - my back was straighter and my spine felt more balanced that usual. Very nice & thanks!

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Manny it is good to hear you feel taller, straight and balanced, that's what a proper nights sleep can do for you. As to the service received it comes as part of the package to ensure you get the best out of your investment.

Reza

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

Went to the Northland store. Reza was very informative and made sure we had the right bed and the right price bracket. We were remommended by a friend to the store.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Hi Daniel and thanks for your comments. A recommendation is a great place to start and I am pleased to hear we lived up to it.

Rick thank you so much

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2018

I went to the Nunawading store and met Rick. The introduction was relaxed and friendly. Rick spent over an hour assessing my needs and as a chronic back pain sufferer I was super impressed. His knowledge is surprising, not just a sales person !!
The purchase was not pushy but informed along with my cervical spine, lumbar and thoracic problems.
I purchased the ergolite with a firm mattress. After delivery Rick arrived on the day of delivery and adjusted the bed.
The first week required further adjustment and now I am not in pain when i get out of bed
Rick believes that I will require further adjustment, he is passionate about making a difference with the purchase

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Nurses Back, thank you for your review explaining all your needs. Our Ergolife range of beds are the only ones on the market today that can be adjusted to suit your particular needs. I am sure you... read more »

Exceptional customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

Reza, the consultant who assisted me was excellent. His knowledge and assistance was a key aspect in my decision making. I will be referring my friends and family to Bed for Backs.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Wendy it is pleasing to hear about great customer experiences and the work of our Consultants. Thank you for your review and I will be acknowledging the staff member concerned personally.
Regards Wal Maguire CEO

No better service when purchasing beds and pillows

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I was uncomfortable sleeping on my 3-y-o B4B mattress, and had accumulated a pillow warehouse in trying to find one that would give me a good night's sleep. After reading the reviews on this page, I phoned Rick at the Nunawading store and explained my dilemma. He promptly visited, checked my horizontal posture and confirmed the support was there in the right places. We then proceeded to try out different level pillows - at the time and in my subsequent visits to the shop. My issue has involved a lot of trial and error and required professional practitioners (physio, myo) but I believe I'm on the right track now. What is significant is the time taken by Rick to find a solution. At so many places, the service stops with the sale, but if you have issues down the track - and beds and bodies do 'shift' over time - B4B will continue to help 'fix' your sleep. Highly recommended.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Mirawise what a great outcome for you in that we were able to work together to resolve your issues. As always I will acknowledge our staff member direct.
Regards Wal Maguire CEO

A pleasure to do business with Beds4Backs an all Australian winner.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

We purchased a queen bed and base from Moorabbin and two single mattresses from South Melbourne. All staff, Rob and Vincent, Moorabbin and Peter, South Melbourne pitched in to help co ordinate delivery. They did not go the proverbial extra yard they went the whole mile. Impeccable service. All promises honoured. All product questions answered. Efficient, and polite.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

George and Sybil as we are a local manufacturer we are able to coordinate to meet the customers needs. We are also proud of the high standard of service all our Consultants deliver. I will persona... read more »

Verified Customer

Unbelievable bed and after sale support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

In 2012 we purchased a Queen size Ergo-Flex bed and mattress from Beds for Back in Nunawading because of my osteoporosis and Ankylosing Spondylitis and were delighted with our purchase. Because of my changing back conditions, the bed requires to be adjusted to suit my current spine dynamics and yesterday, (January 2018) Rick Morris came once again to realign the ergo dynamics to suit my current needs as well as my wife’s side of the bed. Last night I had a perfect night’s sleep once again. The cost nothing – it all comes with the guarantee the company offers to its customers of ongoing customer satisfaction with their purchase. I am not aware of any other company that offers this amazing service. GE Doncaster East.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Max thanks for your review it is great to hear from one of our long time customers. Yes our fully adjustable beds can change with your changing needs, no other bed can do that.

Awesome Bed - Exceptional Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

Peter S at the South Melbourne store was exceptional. He has a wealth of knowledge, and was extremely patient, helpful and kind with my mum - explaining the options and encouraging her to experiment with the variety of options available. She really loves her KS Getha latex mattress and ergolife zero stress adj base. She reports always having a great night's sleep. Thanks again Peter. We'll be lifelong customers!

Excellent service; great bed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

We bought our mattress from Beds4Backs in 2004. It is a queen size double-pillow-top model that is designed to go on a slat base and uses foam inserts for mid-body support. It has been terrific and is still almost like new. After 13 years I needed some new foam inserts (those on my wife's side are still fine) so I visited the Nunawading store to buy some and I was both amazed and pleased when Kevin gave them to me for free. Both Kevin and Rick were keen to take a few minutes to talk about my experience in owning the mattress which has been excellent - a very worthwhile purchase. I highly recommend both the product and the service.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

DavidE a purchase in 2014, bed still going strong and free replacement inserts for your Ergolife bed, could you get that anywhere else? David thank you for your feedback it is most appreciated and ... read more »

Incredible service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

We were greeted by Rick at the Nunawading Store, an extremely knowledgeable and pleasant sales person he took the time to work out what we needed v what we thought we needed. It was like a breath of fresh air to go somewhere with good old fashioned service and end up spending much less money than we had previously been quoted for a bed that wouldn't have worked for our needs.good on you Rick we highly recommend you and Beds for Backs we couldn't go anywhere else now..

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

JAC thank you for your comments regarding our customer service, pricing and what our ergonomic beds can do. We are not just here to sell a bed we want to provide a solution and it appears our consultant has done just that.

Life time warranty

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

Purchased our king sized bed back in Jan 2012 service was excellent and thorough. Recently (Oct 2017) one of the bases had a crossbeam piece of timber crack, we called to see if we could at the very least get it repaired. Gobsmacked by the offer to replace the base ie both bases as our original fabric is not used any more. We upgraded to having drawers inserted. Fantastic service and the bed is great, they keep my lower back problems away.
Absolutely recommend Beds for Backs and Rick from Nunawading and Lisa from Head Office for both the initial service back in 2012 and the follow-up service in 2017.

Get yourselves a bed from here.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Michelle our Zero Stress bases come with a lifetime guarantee and we stand by that. It is rare we have an issue such as yours and as such it was best the whole unit was replaced and to upgrade it w... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

Fabulous service from Rick at the Nunawading store.The bed is firm but comfortable a great help with my back pain.
If your looking for a great bed and exceptional service you won’t do any better than Rick at Nunawading.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Sue thank you for taking the time to do a Product Review and share your experience with others. Yes I will acknowledge the consultant personally.

• 1 answer
Private message

Great service for an excellent product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2017

Second purchase after 12 years, and once again the the service was great,
Rick was very helpful, and once our mattress arrived he was only to willing to come out to give us a refresher course on the adjustments on our dialer bed settings.
Great Service Thanks Rick.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Hi Gerry, a second time customer is great to see and even more exciting is the review you have provided. Your Ergolife Zero stress dial base has a lifetime warranty and yes all you need to do is up... read more »

Five out of Five Star Service from Lisa and Alex at Campbellfield

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

Five out of five really is too small a figure – a million out of five would be more befitting. We had the very best customer service from Lisa and Alex at Campbellfield, quite possibly the best customer service we’ve ever had from anyone!

Both Lisa and Alex deserve high praise (and a pay rise!), but I must give extra special mention to Lisa, not only the best in her field but a genuinely kind, caring and compassionate person as well. She went above and beyond to help us when we had a problem with our bed purchase, beyond the call of duty and beyond what I could safely say anyone else would have done.

It’s extremely rare these days to find someone who actually cares about their job, cares about what they do and cares about helping others. Most people are rather indifferent and only go to work merely to get paid and wouldn’t bother to stir an inch beyond what they have to do in order to keep their job. The average employee, if confronted with a situation they deem too hard to resolve, would most likely just push it aside and say “sorry, can’t help,” because the effort required to solve the issue is just too much of a bother and expenditure of energy.

And so with my usually cynical outlook on ordinary human nature, the answer I expected to receive when ringing customer service was that it would immediately be thrown into the ‘too hard’ basket, and with such an expectation I was rather reluctant to ring at all, feeling like I already knew what the answer would be.
But most happily in this instance was I proved wrong (and I usually don’t like being proved wrong) when, not only finding someone willing to help, but finding in Lisa someone who actually cared – and not just the fake, artificial, well-rehearsed and falsified rhetoric in semblance of supposed ‘understanding’ that is often droned out by customer service personnel, with the words being spoken but with little to no meaning or emotion behind them, no, Lisa was in fact real, the genuine article (if I may be forgiven the expression), a person first, and she showed genuine kindness and compassion for our situation and she bent over backwards to help us.

If I had a business, I would be very much inclined to want to steal Lisa from Beds For Backs and have her come work for us, because she is absolutely the best, and you’d never find someone better anywhere, and I really hope her employers know what a truly valuable asset they have in her and the overwhelmingly positive contribution she makes for the company.

We are Lisa fans, she is awesome!!

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Robyn & Emma, thank you for feedback on your experience at Beds for Backs. We know we have wonderful staff and the best customer service you can find. I will personally acknowledge those concerned.

RICK STAR!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

4 years on and we were starting to wonder why our sleeping pains where back... with an email sent on Friday we had the chirpy face of Rick at our door step by Sunday.
With a refresher course and a few adjustments, we had a new bed! Works out it wasn't the bed, rather our pillows letting us down. Rick's straight neck talk has changed our sleeping for the better.

THANKS AGAIN RICK!

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Hi Tyson your review was as quick as our customer service. Your Zerostress base comes with a lifetime guarantee, try getting that from anyone else. Thank you for your review and feedback and I wil... read more »

Exceptional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2017

I puchased a bed from the Nunawading store in Sept & the overall experience started as soon as I entered the store. Kevin took the time to explain everything and was more than patient with me. After having my bed 4 weeks I realised it was too soft so I went back to the store where Rick took care of me like Royalty and with thanks to the happiness guarantee, swapping my mattress over for something firmer was a simple and pain free process. Today my new firm mattress arrived and the incredible service continued with the delivery guys. Not only were they on time, but so friendly and respectful.
Thank you Kevin & Rick. Your patience, understanding, knowledge and old fashioned service are all second to none. I highly recommend B4B Nunawading. Actually, I doubt I will ever go anywhere else!

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Hi Rachel thanks for your comments about our customer service and after sales service also. At B4B we pride ourselves on excellent customer service and are pleased we lived up to that.
Regards Wal Maguire CEO

Nothing too much trouble.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

Recently purchased our new mattress from the Nunawading store. My husband and I both suffer from back problems and we we’re looking for something more supportive to replace our existing mattress.
Rick Morris was a great help, providing excellent customer service with a nothing too much trouble attitude. Rick’s product knowledge was exceptional and he patiently took the time to provide us with a wide range of different options and explain the differences, all with the aim of helping us find a solution.
We did need some mattress topper adjustments post- delivery and Rick has moved very quickly to resolve in a friendly and professional manner.
Thanks for all your help Rick.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Hi Denise very nice to hear from you about your experience with the B4B team at Nunawading. It is great to hear that our customers are being looked after even when they have received their product,... read more »

Rick at Nunawading is THE MAN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

Rick made such a fabulous impression on me when I walked into the Nunawading store. He was both friendly and helpful and I wasn't even shopping for a bed! But I shall definitely call on him when we are ready to do so (we live in Sorrento, but I would travel to see Rick!) People buy from people they like and I liked Ricks approach. I dropped in as a courtesy to Beds for Backs to advise of Kwik Kopy Ringwood's new address for marketing assistance. WELL DONE Beds for Backs in employing the right people for the right job..... I will be back Rick

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Lynne thank you for your kind words and acknowledgement of our staff at Nunawading. What a surprise to get a 5 star review even though you didn't buy.
See you soon Regards Wal Maguire CEO

1 of 8 pages

Hey Beds4Backs team. I hope you're doing well. I have 2 slipped discs in my lower back which leads to back pain, cramps, and all the problems you would expect, and I am struggling to find a mattress that suits my needs. My last mattress was a Select O'Pedic which was gold, it was kind of firm but I slept nearly every night even when I first injured my back! So that speaks for itself. Sadly, all good things end, and so I just bought a Sealy which is not performing as expected. It's early days yet, but I still have some back pain and I'm not sleeping the night, and it's too firm. If I need to get another mattress, could you tell me what type of mattress you'd recommend? I have been after something that's soft, just personal preference, but I'm willing to try firmer if needed because my experience is, if the bed is good enough, you don't even notice the bed after you're asleep! I'm of course happy to come in, I live in SE suburbs VIC, but was after a rough indication before I did. Cheers

JulesIsMyNickname asked on Sep 17, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jules thank you for contacting us and presenting your issues. We would recommend you visit us instore whereby you can become fully informed about our ergonomic bed solutions that can change with your changing needs. We would also be happy to have your Occupational Therapist attend also. Depending on where in the South East you are our Dandenong or Moorabbin stores may be best.
Regards Wal Maguire CEO

Hi Wal, a follow up question. I have a slat base that I'm keen to keep. Can you just sell a mattress or must it be a mattress/base combo?

I sleep on my stomache what would you suggest in a mattress on a divan base?

Happy customer asked on Sep 16, 2017

Answer this

Hi there it is not easy answer to your question. Firstly I would not recommend a standard flat mattress on a divan as a suitable long term solution, overnight stay yes but not permanent. Front sleepers put stress on their backs, necks and shoulders. Any recommendations depends on your height, shape and weight. I recommend you visit one of our stores to receive appropriate guidance before making a decision. This is an investment in your health so become informed about ergonomic bed design and how it can assist.
Regards Wal Maguire CEO

If you buy the slat system does the mattress on top matter?

Lauren asked on Jun 27, 2017

Hi Lauren
Our slat systems are sold as a package with a mattress you choose from us. This is so we can provide the Happiness Guarantee and Warranty providing you with piece of mind. This is something no other retailer can do.

See all 4 questions about Beds for Backs