Melton South

• 4 comments

Poor for chronic pain

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Purchased in store. I suffer chronic pain, didn't notice how bad their bed was until I started reducing morphine after sleeping on a much cheaper & better bed. Total Waste of money. When we suffer chronic pain we will try anything. I noted some of the staff say Oh yes I suffer back pain too. Look underneath the base as its just slats that go up & down NOT what we see on their advert. Also was told by sales person how great a partners bed is for couples. Try laying in the middle of the bed, it induces pain. DON'T waste your money. Bed for backs talk the talk to sell beds.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Hi Michelle have sent you a private message and look forward to hearing from you.
Regards Wal Maguire CEO

I have replied to your private message & again I would not recommend a bed for backs for chronic pain sufferer's

Beds for Backs Official

Hi Michelle, also replied to your message.

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

I am a repeat customer. I saw Rex’s st the Armadale store- outstanding customer service by both him and the company. Attention to my physiology and comfort. Without a doubt the best beds I have ever had, my disc problems hugely improved.
Jenny

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Jenny thank you for your comments and being a return customer of ours. It's pleasing to hear from our past customers that we are able to achieve the desired outcomes for them.

Love my new mattress!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

I love my new mattress! I’ve been having the best nights sleep. Alex, Lisa and the guys at Campbellfield have been fantastic- I visited the store a couple of times before choosing my new mattress and the knowledge and customer service has been 5 star. My back has never felt better

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Hello Mel, great to hear that you are loving your new mattress. I will personally acknowledge all staff at Campbellfield on the service they have provided to you.

Fantastic Friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

Reza at Armadale fantastic friendly service. Will recommend to friends and family Reza connected my mattress to my sleeping requirements.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Hi James making sure your mattress suits your needs is number one in our eyes. It's not just about a sale and if the mattress feels good, it's making sure it is right for you. Thank you for your comments.
Regards Wal Maguire CEO

Excellent bed. Money worth paying for.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2018

I went Armadale store and Reza provided me with good knowledge for a bed that’s good for me and my partner.
Really happy with the bed and service.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Sue thank you for your comments in relation to service and your bed. Our aim is to ensure you make an informed choice and our Consultant appears to have done this, I will acknowledge him personally.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

An amazing experience. Rick Morris is the real deal I was not only satisfied with tjhe back. I fel
Wonderful .....rick Morris is the real deal. I am very surprised my back feel better already. Rick Morris is very relaxing it’s nice ,in these times to find someone who takes time to explain. I had aiready purchased the bed. He didn’t have to sell me anything he helped me purchase. I am very great full, thank you rick. Chuck

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Hi Chuck great hearing about your experience at Beds for Backs and the support you got from our staff. I will certainly acknowledge the Consultant personally.

Happy customer.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2018

Reza at Armadale was most knowledgeable and helpful. A friendly welcoming attitude which made us comfortable as soon as we walked in. We look forward to receiving our bed.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Dawn our aim is to ensure you have an experience not just a sales pitch. Thank you for your kind words and I will acknowledge the Consultant concerned personally.

Exceptional Customer Service & After Sales Care

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

We are long standing customers of Peter Scroggie who provides outstanding after-sales service. Have bought 2 beds from him over the past 10 years and are extremely satisfied with both the beds and his exceptional after sales service. Would not go to anyone else!

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Kathi, Peter our Consultant has been with us for over 17 years now and it is great to see him getting return customers. I am pleased that our mattresses and customer service has met your expectations over the years.

Very personable sales person 5 stars

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Saw Reza at Armadale showroom, had a lot of time to look at my back properly. The only place I have been to that has really cared and showed an interest in the best outcome. Very professional salesperson.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Hi Ben our focus is to ensure that you choose the right mattress to suit your needs. I will personally acknowledge our Consultant who assisted you on this.

melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Ergo Flex Dial bed for backs is one big very expensive gimmick

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Late 2011 we spent $3900 on a Bed-for-Backs queen size Body Alignment Base Ergo Flex Dial Bed plus $2900 for a queen size full latex Natura Deluxe 270mm mattress plus $170 for a special mattress cover so all up almost $7000. After less than 7 years, I can say in full honesty its the most expensive gimmick I have experienced for several reasons. Firstly, the concept of dial-up-adjustments is flawed. What they don't tell you is that people move about while sleeping, thereby making the " adjustments" essentially useless. Its fine to lay straight or on your side and make the adjustments to push here and lower there and get comfortable in that position but while sleeping, you move about and those adjustments don't matter anymore in different positions. My wife tried all sorts of dial up combinations and nothing was satisfactory.The construction of the bed is basically from stapled pine boards, some ply bands and some plastic. Quality is average and would definitely only take a few hours to assemble, yet they charge nearly $4K for this. Profit on this bed has to be enormous. Secondly, beds for 2 people are actually 2 single beds stuck together which is OK in principle and has to be that way if each person wants to have individual adjustments, but the borders in the middle eventually create a very uncomfortable hump. Even with flipping the mattress over and around as recommended, the mattress develops depressions and you simply roll back into the depressions. Since the dials for us were useless, I fitted flat slats across the bed to convert it to a flat bed. This made no difference to the mattress - the hump in the middle stayed regardless of how often the mattress was flipped. The other issue with the mattress was its weight. A queens size full latex mattress weights a ton and I as 95 kg solid man cannot easily move this thing around and my wife had alot of trouble lifting the corners when making the bed. So this month I got rid of this super heavy 270mm latex mattress and got a ( second hand) firm inner spring mattress with a 50mm latex topper and the difference in comfort ( and weight) was huge. So, for us, full latex mattresses are out forever - way too heavy and the depressions remain permanent ( in less than 7 years!!!) and way, way too expensive and the dial up beds are a complete gimmick- sound good in theory but doesnt work and really, really overpriced.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Hi Andrew, have reached out with a Private Message to you without response. Would like to hear from you so we could discuss your concerns.

Beds for Backs Official

Hi Andrew haven't heard from you but would really like to hear from you.

Beds for Backs Official

Hi Andrew, it's been quite some time since I tried to contact you by Private Message and again I reach out to see if we can have some dialogue on this.

Excellent customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

I came into the Armadale store a few weeks ago, needing a new bed for my aching back. I was served by Reza who went above and beyond to see that myself and my partner got the best bed for both of us.
Thank you Reza for your excellent service!

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Hi Jayne, thank you for your kind words about the service you have received. I will acknowledge the Consultant personally for his great work.

The perfect Bed Head

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2018

Thanks Rick from the Nunawading store, you were extremely helpful and we really appreciate your commitment to helping us find the perfect bedroom furniture and helping us load the trailer.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Glenn thanks for letting us know about the support that you received from our Consultant. These are the things we do not see so your review has reminded us that our staff do the extra yard.

Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

I found a wonderful person in Kevin at the Nunawading store recently. I had been caring for my lovely man for a number of years and he had almost become bedridden. As a result the bed was sagging and I needed to replace the bed.
I came across Kevin who went above and beyond to assist me when I was at my most vulnerable. Nature intervened (My man went to God) and I did not purchase a bed, but in my hour of desperation, I found Kevin to be the most knowledgable and understanding sales person. There was no pressure and I left the store to compare other beds before making the decision.
I would recommend the company and Kevin so, so highly and I am so grateful to him for trying to assist me in every single aspect of my difficulties. Best wishes. Karen

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Hello Kaz,
So sorry to hear about your loss and hope you are coping ok. Thank you for telling us about the support and care shown by our Consultant and I will acknowledge him personally. Take care and all the best,
Wal Maguire CEO

Williamstown

Excellent visit by Rick.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Excellent service visit by Rick, sorted out where my mattress was at, what my use options were, with easy practical friendly manner/language.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Hi Persiflage thank you for your feedback on the service you received from us and how we were able to point you in the right direction. I will personally acknowledge the staff member involved.

Melbourne, Victoria

• 2 comments

After all these years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2018

Ok. So we have had our mattress and Beds for Backs system for probably 7-8 years now. It's time for a new mattress after 15 billion flips turns rolls. Basically it's lasted well but given way as all mattresses eventually do.

What I can say is people fly blind when it comes to beds and have no idea how important the right one is or how important it is to know to get the right one.

When I rang B4Bs I was naiively ringing around stores asking for particular brands. I was affronted when told the known brands weren't part of their retail and asked why I was seeking these. It turned out to be less of a retail question than it was a philosophical question. I didn't really have the answer which made it clear I'd never really thought about the bed properly. I had poor sleep, woke up sore and tired daily, had multiple points of joint pain and just presumed I was arthritic on a background of 2 parents with osteo and rheumatoid arthritis and having been in 3 car accidents with injury as a passenger.

I thought I'm getting older, I have bad postural habits, my work involves a lot of desk work, I have injury history, it's inevitable. I've finally developed the arthritis. It turns out, I hadn't. I'd just never thought about my bed.

Peter, a physiotherapist, invited myself and my husband in to the Essendon Fields store to talk about beds, backs, physiology and the science and engineering behind the systems and explore and review their range after being extensively assessed on different beds, systems. At that stage B4Bs were awaiting outcome on submission for their product to qualify as a medical aid.

Peter was extremely knowledgeable about his work. I should know, I am also in healthcare a lifetime and knew he wasnt making information up during the assessment. It lent an extra level of validation and assurance to the assessment which resulted in us purchasing a King size mattress and adjustable base system (slats) which changed everything from that day forth.

My spine and posture alignment actually readjusted over a period of 3 months. I was shocked. Every pain and ache I'd ever had disappeared. It took a long time to comprehend. I stopped transferring and ambulating like I was crippled, in short, I experienced immediate relief and changes as result of an individualised system design. As did my husband. I will never give up this system. But it is time for a new mattress which I'm looking forward to.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

EveB thank you for you review and comments in relation how our bed system has helped you over the years. If you are up for a new mattress please visit one of our stores and as a returning customer ... read more »

Thank you Wal, it really has been a wonderful bed system for us, and I know that it will continue to be in the future as we intend to maintain our loyalty to Bed for Backs. Eve

Verified Customer

Great service, Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

I recently purchased a new bed from Atallah at the Preston store. My initial choice I found to be too firm and got back in contact with the store and used the Happiness Guarantee. I consulted with Atallah again and found a new bed that I have since found to be the best bed i’ve ever owned. The service I received from not only from Atallah (which was excellent) but everyone at Beds for Backs was great and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Jules our Happiness Guarantee provides the opportunity for the customer to choose again if they didn't quite get their first choice right. Sounds like a great call by you and the service you receiv... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Amazing after sales service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

In 2014 we bought a bed from Beds for Backs and have been very happy with the comfort it has provided. However, a couple of days ago we needed to drop the height of the bed to better fit in with the smaller room the bed is now in. My wife called the Nunawadding store and spoke to Kevin about getting shorter legs for the base. Kevin immediately offered to swap over the legs for shorter ones at no charge - he even offered to come and do that for us if we couldn't manage it ourselves. We dropped in to the Nunnawadding store this morning and he not only swapped over the legs but also provided the spanners needed for the short feet and gave some useful advice on installing the new feet.
I can thoroughly recommend Beds for Backs products or services. Just ask for Kevin when you drop into the Nunnawadding store.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Ian we always like to help our existing customers and as you found there was no issue in getting the right height bed legs, even after 4 years since buying. Our staff are always willing to provide that extra service.

• 1 answer

Excellent service

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Yesterday, I visited Beds for Backs, which has just opened on High Street, Armadale; for me, it's very convenient to get to. I was assisted by a very nice man called Reza, who was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the products, and how to look after my back. I really appreciated it when he said that he wasn't there to sell me an expensive mattress, but to help me find one that was just right for me. After talking through all the options, and taking my time lying on assorted mattresses, I have ordered a QS ErgoLife Contour Select with a plush latex comfort layer. I am really looking forward to delivery day!

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Hello Hel-Mel thank you for taking the time to post on Product Review. Our hole focus is on the customer experience and ensuring when you make a choice it is one that is well informed.

Wangaratta

• 1 question

Gold Service for bed problem

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

Following falling off a roof and suffering multiple spinal fractures which resulted in 8 months in hospital in Melbourne.We decided to get the best bed suitable for my situation
This led to the purchase of a top of the range Ergo-life-Slat Dial Supreme bed and the best couples mattress at a cost of around $8500.
For the first 2 years the mattress was excellent, the mattress then started to develop depressions and finally got to the stage I was unable to sleep on the bed due to back pain. Our weights were not extreme a 90 kgs and 60 kgs so I was disappointed and sent an email to the manager expressing our situation.
I was surprised to receive a call from the manager of Beds For Backs Alex who asked if he could visit our home in Wangaratta when next in our area which I thought was excellent. After the visit Alex also expressed concern at the condition of the mattress after 3 and a half years of use he suggested we visit the factory and sales centre at Broadmeadows when in Melbourne. When we visited he suggested we go through the range of mattress*s and select one. We selected a mattress that was even better the first mattress we purchased, this mattress was not available 3 years earlier.
We then received an email with the offer of Beds For Backs replacing the first mattress with the one we selected.
Beds For Backs then manufactured the new mattress and arranged transport to Wangaratta for the new mattress and to pick up the first mattress.
I expected to receive an account on a Pro Rata basis for the new mattress plus a share of the transport. We then received an email after a few weeks to see if it was suitable, it was excellent and at last I was able to sleep in our bed again. We also received an email from Alex saying that Beds For Backs were covering cost of the new mattress and the delivery cost.

I could not recommend Beds For Backs highly enough for their after sales service and guarantee. After years of running a business I have never had a better experience with a supplier of product than BEDS FOR BACKS.
Thanks Alex
Albert McIlroy
Wangaratta

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Albert thank you for explaining your experience with Beds for Backs. Yes this was an exceptional situation and one we do not face very often. The actions taken by our staff are over and above and I... read more »

Top level customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

In the market for a mattress, Rick Morris from the Nunawading store was excellent in highlighting the important things to look for. Informative, knowledgeable and professional, it is clear that Rick enjoys his field and genuinely knows how to best work with the customer.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Mark, thank you for your comments on your experience with Beds for Backs. It is our focus to inform and educate people about the right support so that they can make an informed decision.

1 of 10 pages

Hi I am online now wanting to investigate a Queen size electric bed which will not disturb my partner what can I view online until I visitArmadale store?

Unamused asked on Jun 18, 2018

Answer this

Hi there we are presently introducing our new electric bed range and just completed a photo shoot last Friday at our Armadale store. These are yet to be uploaded to the website but the full range is on display at Armadale.
If required our Consultant can also advise you on what's still available from our run out stock. If you are after a good deal get in quick for the run out stock.
Regards Wal Maguire CEO

Hey Beds4Backs team. I hope you're doing well. I have 2 slipped discs in my lower back which leads to back pain, cramps, and all the problems you would expect, and I am struggling to find a mattress that suits my needs. My last mattress was a Select O'Pedic which was gold, it was kind of firm but I slept nearly every night even when I first injured my back! So that speaks for itself. Sadly, all good things end, and so I just bought a Sealy which is not performing as expected. It's early days yet, but I still have some back pain and I'm not sleeping the night, and it's too firm. If I need to get another mattress, could you tell me what type of mattress you'd recommend? I have been after something that's soft, just personal preference, but I'm willing to try firmer if needed because my experience is, if the bed is good enough, you don't even notice the bed after you're asleep! I'm of course happy to come in, I live in SE suburbs VIC, but was after a rough indication before I did. Cheers

JulesIsMyNickname asked on Sep 17, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jules thank you for contacting us and presenting your issues. We would recommend you visit us instore whereby you can become fully informed about our ergonomic bed solutions that can change with your changing needs. We would also be happy to have your Occupational Therapist attend also. Depending on where in the South East you are our Dandenong or Moorabbin stores may be best.
Regards Wal Maguire CEO

Hi Wal, a follow up question. I have a slat base that I'm keen to keep. Can you just sell a mattress or must it be a mattress/base combo?

I've got a sore back as well and let me tell you now - You need to spend roughly close to 1 and half to 2 grand for the mattress itself to get a good sleeping setup. I used to use the slumberzone ultimate setup

I sleep on my stomache what would you suggest in a mattress on a divan base?

Happy customer asked on Sep 16, 2017

Answer this

Hi there it is not easy answer to your question. Firstly I would not recommend a standard flat mattress on a divan as a suitable long term solution, overnight stay yes but not permanent. Front sleepers put stress on their backs, necks and shoulders. Any recommendations depends on your height, shape and weight. I recommend you visit one of our stores to receive appropriate guidance before making a decision. This is an investment in your health so become informed about ergonomic bed design and how it can assist.

See all 5 questions about Beds for Backs