Filter By:

Insurance claim made

After 3 years, we can't make a small claim and they can't let us know why, it's like a scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

We have our dog insurance with Bow Wow Meow insurance since 3 years ago. We pay $55 every month. We were trying to make a small claim under $150 about 2 months ago, and we were told to provide them all the medical reports and paperwork from since the dog was a puppy before we took the insurance policy. Shouldn't they ask for the papers before we signed up?

So we collected all the information and paperwork from the vet and resubmitted the claim. After a long few weeks later, we got a letter saying we were not able to make a claim. We called them to ask why but no one can give us an answer of why the claim is unsuccessful, and no one could give us their name but a case number.

They are not helpful, it's very difficult to make a claim. We are only asking for a small claim under $150, imagine if we wanted to make a big claim of few thousand dollars after so many years paying for the insurance policy? It feels like a scam!

The 5 star reviews on the page were not consistent, they all happened 12-13 of July. I urge people do not go for this insurance company. After 5 years of paying the insurance policy, they only asked for the medical report and paperwork when you want to get a claim. They could reject your claim for whatever reason after that. It's a scam!

Insurance claim made

Could not manage with out the insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

Yes my policy is good value & when I set it up the customer support group were really helpful .
I would recommend Bow Wow Meow insurance to anyone who asked.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Appreciate the review and recommendation Karen. Glad it has been good value for you.

• 1 review
  • 1 question

EASY AS PET INSURANCE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

From the time I first took out this policy it was easy. When I have spoken to somebody on the phone the issue has always been sorted quickly and without hassle. I love the online claim portal. This process is very easy and the claims are processed very quickly. I will be staying with Bow Wow for a long time and will always have Pet Insurance for all future dogs.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

This is excellent to hear Lennie. Thank you the review and hope you have a great weekend.

Very simple to claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

My 6 year old dog became constipated and required a sedative enema, in total it was over $900. The claim process was easy; just gather all of my dogs vet history and send it off with a claim form (my dog hadn’t been to the vet for a good 2-3 years so there was a gap in her history). About 2-3 weeks later I received payment ($600ish) directly in my bank account.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing rayv36. Glad it was an easy process. Have a great weekend.

Excellent insurance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

I do appreciate that Bow Wow Meow makes it so easy to lodge a claim. When our animals are sick the last thing you want is extra hassle... And Bow Wow Meow understands that. Easy to deal with, straight forward and super easy to interact with! Couldn’t wish for a better insurer for our animals! Thank you!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Pippi and Buster, it is nice to hear that we met or exceeded expectations. Thanks for the review.

Insurance claim made

Essential for responsible pet owners

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

Our premium has increased over time however we have spend a lot of money and claimed a lot in return. It is competitively priced and affordable. The process is simple and quick. Excellent customer service.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks Sarah for sharing your experience with us. Have a lovely day.

Great piece of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

The policy is has been great and worth the investment. The setup was easy to complete and when I had a my pet going in for a major operation the staff member I spoke with was extremely knowledgeable and helpful through the process

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Mick, glad it went smoothly.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Good insurance for my Jaxon!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

My policy for Jaxon who is now 8, has always been reliable and fair. If I have any queries about the policy, Bow Wow Customer Support representatives, are always courteous and professional. A great Pet Insurance.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Carla, glad we have met expectations. Thank you for the review.

Best investment ever,

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

So far the policy is good value. Depending on the price increase we might have to change, the policy was really interesting at the start but is getting a bit pricy.
Easy to set up appart for the online claim which took almost a year to work
Good customer support

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Speedy payouts

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

The policy was good value, compared with others I had had in the past. Easy to setup and customer service was helpful and responsive.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Sharyn. Glad it went well.

Insurance claim made

Bubbles is 9 and earning back her nine years of premiums.

Yes - over 15 years
Yes - over three pups
Lovely - specially birthday greetings - needed at the time when she had a fall off her bed when she wanted a tummy rub..

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Bubbles

Great for Frenchies

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Yes it was ok but the real value lies in the claims. The initial communication when I queried clarity in what is/what isn’t covered, was a little officious (ie read the PDS), when all I wanted was a simple Yes or No. But once we were over that hurdle, the claiming process is easy and simple. Would be nice to have a history of Claims on the site rather than a paper remittance though. Thank you

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks Vera. Our new claim portal soon to be launched will do a better job of breaking down the claim history. We are hoping this will be up and running by September.

Excellent reimbursement

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Excellent claim service and reimbursement for our insurance. Currently have 3 separate claims going and they break the bills up for each claim. Never had to claim in last 10 years like we have now. Instant remittances via email when money reimbursement would be better especially when multiple claims are happening instead of waiting up to 10 days for breakdown, otherwise great service.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Donna. Feedback definitely taken on board...we are working on a more electronic process.

Insurance claim made

All good service was good in the end and they paid what they said they would very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Took a few phone calls but all good in the end. Very satisfied thank you. Will tell my friends to go with you.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Liz

saved us a fortune

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Had the policy for a few years and although it felt a lot of money each month when we had to make a large claim I realised it is worth its weight in gold,

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Michelle. It is always a relief when you know your claim is covered, particularly when it is a large one. Glad we could assist.

Very happy with them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Simple pds and happy with premium
Customer support is great, happy to explain policy and clarify any questions.
Claim handling is very swift and kept up to date. Even rang my vets to chase outstanding paperwork instead of me having to jeep following up.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Paula. Glad your claim went well.

Great piece of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

We have been with BWM for 18 months and are very pleased with how easy it is to claim on line and how quick the claim is returned. We recommend BWM to everyone we know as well as Facebook pages.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review and the recommendations Stuart. We are pleased it all went smoothly.

Sydney

• 1 comment

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Called several times to have 4 policies cancelled. Took 6 days to receive email confirmation of cancellation. Only to have them take money out of my account AGAIN. DISGRACEFUL.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Yuri, my sincere apologies. Please can you e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au and I will ensure that this is looked at ASAP.

I have now been debited twice and all the company can say is sorry.

Newcastle

• 2 comments

Insurance claim made

Don't pay claims and awful customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

Our dog got a very minor illness that was quickly fixed by some medication and a follow up consultation. It cost about $200. This was our first ever claim with Bow Wow. That was weeks ago. Have we received any money? No. We've contacted them more than 20 times, both email and phone. They are useless. Their phone contact centre is offshore, and rather than answering questions about why the claim hadn't been processed, they kept repeating things I already knew. The email customer service team just kept sending an email replying with "just submit a full vet history." Helpful. We have asked our vet 3 times to send a full history through. Not only are they wasting our time, they're wasting our vet's time. At best Bow Wow is hopelessly incompetent, at worst they are simply refusing to pay claims to profit. Absolute rip off and a waste of money.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Jesse, I am sorry to hear you have had a poor experience with us. This is disappointing and I can understand your frustration. We would like to fix this ASAP. Please can you e-mail insurance@bow... read more »

Update: Completely inadequate response from Bow Wow. Haven't addressed any of my concerns. Considering contacting the Financial Services Ombudsmen. Don't make the mistake of going with Bow Wow.

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Jesse, our resolutions team advised that they are e-mailing details to you this morning. From my understanding, the claim benefit has been authorised but we have failed to collect premium, so it looks like this is close to being finalised.

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

I would recommend Bow Wow Meow to everyone!
My husband was not keen to take out pet insurance when we got our fur baby Ned as we have had dogs all our lives and have been lucky to not have any major health problems with any of them. I insisted and lucky I did because Ned had to have surgery on a luxating patellar ! It takes any financial worry out of an already stressful situation. It was easy and quick to claim and meant I could just focus on making sure Ned was ok ... I am happy to say he is fully recovered

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Lisa, appreciate the recommendation and thank you fro the review. Glad to hear Ned has fully recovered.

1 of 72 pages

Hi, my puppy is 1 years old and we are covered under the Accident & Illness policy. We took her to the vet as she was really struggling to breath when we were walking her. The vet told us she has an elongated soft palate which makes it really difficult for her to breath when she exercises. The vet also noticed she was standing funny and checked her back legs and she has luxating patellas in both her back legs requiring surgery. Will we be covered for surgery on her soft palate and will she be covered for surgery on both her back legs?

Nicole asked on Jun 27, 2018

Answer this

Hi Nicole, I am sorry to hear that. These do fall under the policy cover. However, each claim is assessed on a case by case basis as the Underwriter needs to look at vet history, pre-existing conditions etc. I recommend calling 1800 668 502 to get more clarity. There is also an option to ask for pre-approval - I suggest asking about that too. Wishing your pup a speedy recovery.

If my dog has had an operation previously for a burst disc, will it still be covered? It was not degenerative, but another dog fell on him.

Karen E asked on Jun 13, 2018

Answer this

Hi Karen, your dog will be covered for everything in the PDS, except for conditions that relate back to the burst disc (as this would be deemed a pre-existing condition).

Hello. If i go to the vet whilst waiting say how does that work? And say if hypothetically he has a pre condirion ?

Belinda asked on Mar 23, 2018

Answer this

Hi Belinda, I am not sure I understand your first question. However, if your pet has a pre-existing condition, then we won't be able to cover it when you take out a policy. Note: if there are no signs of that condition whilst being insured with us for a period of 18 months, then you can apply to get the pre-existing condition waived.

Whats the success rate?