Filter By:

Disappointed....

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

4 months
I have put in two claims. First one was denied as Bow Wow Meow decided it was a pre existing condition despite the vet calling and writing a letter stating otherwise. I ask for a review and still upheld previous decision and again I asked for a review at highest level and knocked back again.
2nd claim was well handled, but spent the whole time worried they would somehow claim it was a pre existing condition. I now don’t feel like it is a safety net as i feel Bow Wow Meow has the power to label anything a pre existing condition and knock back any claim.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Renee M, we can only label it pre-existing if their are vet notes on the file and if it occurred prior to taking a policy or if it was an illness condition that occurred during the waiting perio... read more »

Mornington

• 1 answer

Insurance claim made

Under no cirumstances insure your pets with this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

We have been 1.5 years with this insurance company and one of our dogs ruptured cruciate ligaments in both knees. After a lengthy claim process which included ages on the phone we got: nothing! This insurance is a total fraud. We should have kept the monthly insurance premiums and put them in a separate account which would have at least covered some of the costs.
The call centre is based overseas and the service is substandard. The company strategy is clearly to wear claimants down with request for additional information in order for them to go away. Even our veterinary clinic is frustrated after dealing with them.... For instance how are we to provide vet history for a rescue dog that had never seen a vet? This question is then repeated (I am not kidding) 8 times! In writing.... and that after I spent an hour with some customer service person on the phone explaining the case.
If you like your animals and want their best stay away from this fraudulent bunch. Do not buy Bow Wow Meow pet insurance.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Clem, I am sincerely sorry you have had such a negative experience. You do not need to provide vet history if it is a rescue. You only need a certificate of adoption or documentation from when y... read more »

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Best of all!, Perfect, Amazing and the list goes on

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Best Insurance company to deal with. My pet is insured with Bow Wow Meow from last 10 years and we had no issues with them. I bought this policy (Comprehensive Plan) online and it was very simple and straightforward. Good Value. Claims are processed smoothly and on no occasion I have encountered any delay from their side.
Recently, my pet got pneumonia infection and had to be taken to hospital in emergency. For 5 days he was in patient during day time, was on antibiotics injection, drip (as he stopped eating), oral medication, had couple of x-ray, blood test (Stressful Situation). Claim was lodged with Bow wow and was processed in 10 working days.
This is not the first time I had to lodge claim with them. On previous occasions Bow Wow have been extremely professional. Highly Recommended.

Insurance claim made

So glad I took out pet insurance.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

I’ve been a member with Bow Wow Meow for around 8 months. I have an American Staffy and she plays rough (as they do) So I feel a lot more at ease now that if she injures herself I will have help with any bills that may arise.
She had a problem recently with constipation and spent two nights at the vets and had a minor procedure done. I was impressed with the cover Bow Wow Meow provided for that bill. I only wish I had taken the cover out earlier as she has a lot of allergies and skin problems which are not covered by the policy as they are considered prior conditions.
Overall I am pleased with the service I have received from this company and the monthly fee, I think, is quite reasonable.

Insurance claim made

Possibly the best service ever !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

I've been with BOW WOW for 10 years - their claim payments are amazingly fast - I put an online claim through on the morning of the 4th September and the funds were back in my account on afternoon of 5th ! Provided that you have all the relevant documentation their claims are always this fast. I've never had such amazing service from them and on the odd occasion I've needed to speak to someone they are so helpful. Even to the point of refunding a few extra dollars from an insurance premium after one of my dogs had passed away.
Keep up the good work - you're the best !

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

That is fantastic to hear Felicity! Appreciate the review and glad we have always provided top notch service.

Fantastic Pet Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

We have had our cat on Bow Wow for a few years, and added our new puppy in 2018. We changed insurers for our cat after two years to Bow Wow and are so happy we did.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Bex, thank you for sharing.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Good outcome but process could be streamlined

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

My dog was bitten and needed emergency surgery which I paid for in full at the time. Having been insured for approx 8 months I then completed a claim on-line after the follow up consultations (in order to submit a complete claim). That process was straightforward but when nothing had happened after 10 days I followed up. One of my receipts didn't fully show I had paid so Bow Wow "had sent me a letter" saying I needed to resubmit! As the process was fully on-line this seems simply a delay that didn't need to be included in the process - an email with receipt sorted it but better communication from Bow Wow would improve the process especially in todays world!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Gary B, thank you for the review and feedback. We completely agree with you and we are currently working on this.

Insurance claim made

Second Claim - here we go again...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Still waiting on resolution of first claim....have the resolution team looking into this but its very very slow. Submitted second claim and here we go again...they have all the information but now seeking more information. Quick to take your money but slow in processing a claim. Both claims are not from previous illness but the review process is just forever slow. Now they require history of 5 years ago....seriously guys.......frustrated beyond believe. Slow communication, slow in processing, forever wanting documentation whilst you have everything on record now. Poor Poor service and claiming.....its so slow, i cannot even give you a star. I am only clicking on one otherwise i cant submit this form.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Violetta, I am very disappointed to hear this and you have my sincere apology. Please can you send your policy number or claim number to insurance@bowwow.com.au. If I receive your e-mail to this... read more »

Insurance claim made

So grateful to Bow Wow Meow!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2018

I have been with Bow Wow Meow since January 2018. We had had our puppy for four months when I decided to take out pet insurance. I had never had pet insurance before and started shopping around. Bow Wow were the best that I found price wise. I then had to make a claim, our puppy broke her leg from a car accident. It was an extremely stressful time, and meant a three hour dive to the city for surgery (the local vet didn't have the equipment to feel confident in performing the op). To our great relief the op went well and Bow Wow Meow were so helpful! I really recommend this company, they were clear, polite and each claim went through online easily.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Rosie, we are so glad to hear it went well and hope your pup has fully recovered. Thank you for the review.

• 6 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 12 helpful votes

Very happy with Bow Wow Meow

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2018

Ive had my dog insured since a puppy 6 1/2 years ago now. Had to recently make a claim after he had an operation to remove a tumour . Everything went well. No fuss or hassle at all.
Im happy to recommend this company.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Jacquiej. Glad your claim went smoothly.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Hands down the best pet insurance out there

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2018

Bow Wow has been amazing for us - our beloved French Bulldog Marley is only 2.5 years old, and has already had surgery on her soft palate and nose, her leg and her spine - and all has been covered without any question. The process is simple, quick and easy and we have easily claimed over $10,000 for our little one. We would be broke without this insurance and are so happy we chose them over some of the others out there. Despite all we have claimed, our premium has barely increased since we started.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Sophie, sorry to hear about all Marley's complications but glad we could help out so much. Thank you for the review.

Insurance claim made

First part of a difficult journey

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

I have been with the company for around 3 years. I hadn't really had to claim before but my dog all of a sudden was diagnosed with a very aggressive bone cancer. He had to have his leg amputated within around a week or two of the diagnosis and I think I'm still in shock. So far Bow Wow have quickly paid for all his initial x-rays and tests at his local vet and provided a pre-approval for surgery and chemo with the specialist. I appreciated the assistance from the Bow Wow customer service representative that I was crying on the phone to..he did well. I expect that my surgery claim will go as smoothly as the first claim, as they did provide a pre-approval which gave me the peace of mind I needed to go ahead with confidence. I never, ever expected to need my insurance when I took it out. But there you go. So amazingly glad I did now.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Jacqui, thank you for the review. I am glad we can provide peace of mind. We wish your dog a speedy recovery following the surgery.

Insurance claim made

Would not be without it. Excellent hassle free claiming.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

Been with the company for 2 years. Excellent easy to navigate claims process. No hassle. Would not be without it now that i have it.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Alex. Glad it has been an easy process for you.

Insurance claim made

Very caring in a stressful time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

I recently made a claim and found the whole process very easy - through the new Claims Portal the vet was able to enter the details for the claim. When your pet is unwell the last thing you want to think about is paperwork so this was very welcome. Also receiving the itemised claim in the mail was good to see the breakdown of the costs and benefits back.
Even when ringing the IT department to change my details I was asked how my dog is doing and the person on the phone was very caring and understanding.
No one wants to think about their pet being hurt or unwell but knowing I had Bow Wow Meow was very much piece of mind when signing documents for thousands of dollars for vet surgery.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Carla, it is great to hear that the whole claims process went well. Thank you for the review and hope your pet is feeling better now.

Insurance claim made

excellent service especially when the vet can submit claim form

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

at least seven years, ever since the dogs were puppies. How can you write a minimum of twenty words for such a question.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review John. Glad the claims process and service has been a good experience for you.

Seamless claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

2 years with the company and have to to claim once for dental and once for a emergency stay....it was a seamless experience all claimed and paid in two weeks

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Rayne. Glad it went well.

Large claim

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

I have my three hounds insured with Bow Wow Meow. I have had them insured there for 8 + years.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

Claimed without question and reimbursed quickly. What more can you ask for? I was actually nervous as to the outcome but very happy

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Glad it went well Sandie. Thanks for the review.

Insurance claim made

Really good. Had initial back and forth to get to a great result

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

I’ve been with Bow Wow for almost a year and only made the one claim. I had initial issues with my vet getting the required information to Bow Wow and some back and forth between Bow Wow, myself and the vet, but once all information was provided Bow Wow was great and really timely. Thank you!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Courtney. The first claim is usually the hardest as we require a full vet history. It should be easier if the need arises again. Glad it was sorted in the end though.

Insurance claim made

So easy and hassle free!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

I have been with Bow Wow since my pup was born 7.5 years ago.
2 years ago she developed a Mast Cell Tumour which had to be removed. Bow Wow were incredible throughout the whole situation.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Josh L, it is good to hear that it was easy and hassle free. Thank you for the review.

1 of 75 pages

Hi do your policy cover blocked gland? consult at a vet where the vet manually expresses and may have to do this regularly thanks Gary

Gary asked on Sep 12, 2018

Answer this

Hi Gary, if the glands are being routinely expressed or expressed as a preventative procedure or Elective Treatment by a vet or nurse, this will not be covered. This exclusion is listed under ‘Day to Day’ care in section 6 of the PDS. “preventative procedures and treatment (including, but not limited to, vaccinations, routine gland expression, flea/tick/worm control)”, as well as preventable procedures and Elective Treatments.
In cases where the pet requires medical treatment for the gland due to impaction, infection, abscess or rupture, we may cover the Treatment under Illness Cover provided the Condition is not Pre-existing.

Never made a claim until our beloved dog Henry died aged 9. Phoned Bow Wow Meow who said no need to put extra details in only the most recent treatment that we are making our claim for. Followed all the online prompts only to have a request for ALL vet treatment during his lifetime, pathology reports and X ray results. How come other owners have their claims paid out immediately? Very disappointed!

Henry asked on Aug 21, 2018

Answer this

Hi Henry, I am sorry you are disappointed - my apologies. Please can you e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that we can investigate and sort out for you. Thanks

Hello. Why are excesses payable every year after renewal of a policy? Once paid they should at leat last 12 months as long as the policy is renewed annually. Case in point! Dog diagnosed 2 x lifelong ilnesses requiring lifelong medication and testing in February. Insurance renewed in June. $1000 excess payable before claiming in Feb. Then $1000 payable again in June on top of the premium. Is that fair?? Thanks

Shane asked on Aug 17, 2018

Answer this

Hi Shane, thanks for your enquiry. I am a little confused here as we do not have excesses of $1,000 on any of our policies? The highest excess is on the Major Medical Plan which is $500. In addition, it is a per condition excess. This means that you only need to pay the excess once per year for a particular condition. Once paid for that condition, there is no need to pay again in the policy period UNLESS there is another type of condition you are claiming for. If you would like us to investigate, please send an e-mail with your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au. Thanks

See all 133 questions about Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance