Filter By:

Insurance claim made

I concur with the reviews below - they are cheats

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

Exactly the same situation as a lot of the negative reviews below, they will try everything they can to NOT pay out on claims. The whole point of having insurance is peace of mind you're covered when something goes wrong, but not with these guys, you have to satisfy every single technicality and criteria to be paid out. And with an annual excess per condition you will hardly be getting anything back for small claims if at all. Customer service is routed to god knows where and does not even attempt to resolve the situation, they're basically reading out of a script. AVOID!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Will, I am sorry you feel this way. In terms of the excess, we do provide the option of choosing a lower or Nil excess. The benefit of a higher excess is a lower premium so this is something tha... read more »

Highly Recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Highly recommend BWM Pet Insurance. Great value, easy to set up and very easy to make a claim. All my claims have been paid within 3 working days!! Amazing!! Thank you

Unethical and poor communication

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Renewed my policy without any communication, one month later the company send out renewal for contract for in excess of $860, and informed I have 21 days to cancel the contract. Letter is also not dated.
I have spoken to 3 people from the company to cancel the contract , and everyone will supposedly call me back. Apparently the renewal price on the letter was a typo????? Contract i# $476, however when I put same information for an online quote it is $80 -$100cheaper????
Still waiting on a call from last Thursday to cancel the contract.
Very poor customer service and fail to return a simple phone call.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi JV1, we have received your communications and we are currently investigating. Sincere apologies. We will get back to you ASAP.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

We could not have provided so much care for our little girl without this insurance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

I feel the policy premiums were affordable in most budgets.
The policy was extremely easy to set up - even for me!
The Customer Support was the best part of the whole experience. The team are kind, helpful,caring & take the time you need to understand any answers to questions you may have. They are also so easy to understand at a time where you could be very stressed &/or sad.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Michelle. We are glad that we met or exceeded expectations.

Recommeneded

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

Policy is good value, particularly, if you have an unlucky dog like mine (bee sting, grass seed up nose, broken tail), that's over $1200 refunded. The customer service is excellent. I recommend speaking to someone when signing up to clarify caveats in the policy (if like me you can't be bothered to read the Product disclosure statement), they are very upfront with this information, and it's important to know.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Becky, thank you for the review. Glad we could assist.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 1 comment
  • 11 helpful votes
Private message

Insurance claim made

No problem when making claims, recommended !

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

Easy to deal with, paid claims reasonably quick Would have given 5 stars but was given incorrect information by a person over the phone. This was corrected when dealing with another person at the insurer via email. Overall would recommend this insurer.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Efficient online claim service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

The online claim service was simple, clear to follow, and addressed in a timely manner.
Past interactions with Customer Service were of an acceptable standard.
The policy was set up many years ago and so no comment is relevant in this review.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Insurance claim made

Quick responses and always easy to deal with!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

Our puppy broke his leg within a few weeks of our policy being confirmed and Bow Wow Meow made a very stressful process incredibly simple. The prompt response time with refunds and claims was HUGELY appreciated and support were always very easy to deal with. Thanks Bow Wow Meow!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

You are welcome Daniela. Thank you for the review. Glad we could assist! We wish your pup a speedy recovery.

Cheats

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

Terrible company. Avoid at all costs. Had no trouble taking my payments for four years but found every excuse not to pay when I needed to claim. They are thieves and cheats and one to stay away. Have had more reputable companies recommended by my vet and have changed to a more honest company. Don't let yourself be cheated, stay away from bow wow meow. Trust someone who has been ripped off by these thieves.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Mrs Taylor, I am sorry you feel this way. We do pay out many millions of eligible claims (as you can see from the multitude of positive reviews), so we would be happy to investigate this for you... read more »

• 17 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 11 answers
  • 92 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Very happy with turnaround times during festive season

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

Submitted a claim during peak season as my dog was ill. I was so shocked on how quick and easy the process was. Completed the form and had Vet sign it and wallah within a week the money was refunded. I honestly didn’t think it was going to be straightforward and so quick. Please do not think twice and select this company, I’m glad I did.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Unhappy66, we are really happy that we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the feedback. Have a great New Year.

Call centre run around

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

I recently tried to cancel my policy as I just did not feel it was good value for money. On calling the 1800 number to cancel my policy I was told by the lady I was speaking to that she was unable to cancel my policy and I would be put through to the 'cancellation department'- surprise surprise, after over 10 minutes on hold I was told no one was available, and someone would call me back within the next 2 business day. Call back never happened, so I rang again- same silly run around with the - " I can not cancel this claim, need to transfer you- no one available etc" More time on hold. Then I was asked if I wanted to lower my insurance instead of cancel. When I said no I want to cancel, I got the same- deal back onto hold, no- one available. In the end when I told the operator that I wanted the policy cancelled today, and if he could not help me I wanted to be transferred immediately to someone who could or my next phone call would be to consumer affairs. Amazingly suddenly that very same operator was able to cancel my policy on the spot.
Poor customer service Bow Wow Meow and very poor business management.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi AliS, I am sorry to hear this. It is disappointing. For the purposes of training and service improvement, please can you e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that we can inves... read more »

BEWARE!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

I do not recommend this company, when i joined i was paying $20 a pet per month and no excess per condition, now i pay $55 per pet a month and $100 excess. Im also on the top cover covered for $12000 and my dog developed Cranial Cruitate Ligament disease and i was told that they would only cover $2600 for the surgery despite being covered for $12000. I was told that i would be covered for everything to do with her disease under the $12000 and that it was just the surgery that it would be a limit of $2600 for. I then got the surgery done and now they are telling me that everything to do with the disease is only in that limit of $2600!! what a joke! With every claim there is a problem and they dont pay out until i query it and then they realise they were in the wrong!!! I also cant change insurers as no other insurers except previous existing conditions. BEWARE!!!!!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Lauren, my apologies for the poor experience. This is currently with our resolutions team. We will update you as soon as we have a response.

Insurance claim made

Excellent service - couldn't fault them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

Have been a member for 5.5 years and never had an issue with claiming. Recently had a $2500 bill and received $2000 back within 4 days. Couldn't recommend more highly!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Rachel. Good to see that it went smoothly and quickly.

Personal Profile lacks claim information

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

My claims were processed within a reasonable time period. Although I'm able to view the process status of my claims, I am unable to view the vet documents that I submitted. Making it hard to track what I have, and haven't claimed hard.
Still a great insurance company, and I recommended it to friends.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks Shilo. Good feedback regarding the portal. We are currently working on upgrading this. We wanted to launch this 1st Q 2018. However, it has been delayed for the 2nd half of 2018.

Pet Insurance - well worth the investment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

Up until now we have not had any health issues with our dog but as he is getting older there are some health concerns. This has resulted in our using our health insurance and Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance has been very helpful, prompt and provided good communication. I am not the most technically savvy person but the online claim process is easy to follow and it was all done in a matter of minutes. I thank them for being there when we needed them the most (to steal another insurance company's mantra!!)

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Felicity. It is great to hear that the online portal made it easy and that we were there for you.

Insurance claim made

Slow with claims but you get there in the end

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

I am dissatisfied with the communication process for claims.
Steps I have encountered...
Surgery on my dog
Claim sent in by vet to Bow Wow
A letter posted to myself saying you are unable to process the claim
I call the vet to ask them to send more info
I call Bow Wow who tells me they need more information
I call the vet again
I am still waiting for my 2nd claim to be processed

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Annie, this is disappointing. Please can you e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that we can investigate and expedite the claim. Many thanks

Insurance claim made

Bow Wow is a great pet insurance company.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

I have recently made my firstclaim with BowWow , Once l provided all of my pets vet history my claim was processed very quickly. I am very happy with my policy and have recommended it to friends.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Great to hear Vic s. Appreciate the review and the recommendations.

Pain free claim process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

Setting up the policy with Bow Wow Meow originally was quick and simple but I was a little nervous when I recently had to make my first claim. I was pleasantly surprise however when the claim portal was straight forward and stepped me through the process in no time. I received confirmation that my claim was being evaluated and approx. 2 weeks later received the reimbursement in the mail. Quicker than I thought!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Great Sue. Thank you for the review.

Insurance claim made

Excellent Pet Insurance Provider.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

My pet insurance policy has provided excellent value over the past 12 months.When I set up my Policy many years ago it was super easy process.
Excellent support has always been given when required
Highly recommend this Insurer.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Brock, appreciate the review and glad your claims experience was a good one.

Great insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

My dog got very sick at 12 months of age. Bow Wow Meow were great in processing claims in a prompt manner. Great customer service and I would highly recommend them.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Always good to get a recommendation for good service. Thanks Sarah

1 of 60 pages