Filter By:

Best pet insurers.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2019

I have been with BWM for 5 years. We have always had swift, caring, fair responses and claims processes and can highly recommend using this company for your pet insurance.

Insurance claim made

How pet insurance should be!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2019

4 years we've had our dog insured with BWM after researching reviews for a decent insurance company with good service and insurance coverage that was not too expensive. We made 1 claim a couple of years ago when he was bitten by a snake and I actually just made a second claim today as he was bitten by a dog as he was walking past a gate! You just never know what can happen. The multi-antivenom is not cheap nor the VET bills, within a week we received a text on our mobile that the claim was processed. This time round I just uploaded the forms on the website for his dog bite, so easy to do in less than 5mins. Knowing we have good pet insurance allows us to give him the treatment he needs, when he needs it- not watered down by what we can afford at the time. Now we can get back to caring for our furry family member while he recovers across the next few weeks rather than worrying about finances. How pet insurance should be- cheap, great coverage for the unexpected, great customer service, easy online application, highly recommended.

If I could give Zero stars, I would

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

5 1/2 years. Made one claim. Awarded tiny amount. Seems most things aren't eligible for claim & the few things that are are lost in excess fees and ambiguous language used against any attempt to claim. Today they lost one long-term, highly dissatisfied customer who will be advising all other known pet owners to simply pop what would be premium fees into a separate account for use when needed. Bow Wow Meow were a valuable waste of time & money.

Insurance claim made

Hassel free claims for ky pets

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

I changed insurance companies to BW approx six months ago because they were dreadful to deal with...then Brutus was diagnosed with epilepsy. Hassel free claims, kind and understanding to speak with.

Melbourne

Great customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

I haven't needed to make a claim. However, anytime I have rung to ask questions etc , the staff have been really lovely and helpful.

The best pet insurance Bow Wow Meow

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

I have been with BWM for more than 3 years now. Excellent service , I will highly recommend it with pleasure to everyone .

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the review and recommendation Ana. It is appreciated.

Insurance claim made

Great service giving peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

My golden retriever has been insured with Bow Wow Meow for nearly six years. During this time I have been impressed firstly with the speed of the processing of any claims I have made, and secondly with the service I have received whenever I have had reason to contact the organisation. As my dog has aged, there have been more regular claims made and I have never experienced any problems. I highly recommend Bow Wow Meow insurance

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Anne, thanks for the review. Glad the claims process was a smooth one.

Insurance claim made

Very good, do what they say they will

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Six years. Customer service has been very good, polite and answered all my questions when I have rung, and it was easy to set up. I recommend Bow Wow Meow highly

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Brown dogs.

Insurance claim made

Be sure you fully understand how the excess works. Claims processed promptly.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2019

I have been with BWM Pet Insurance for 1 year and have made 2 previous claims for an eye issue but as the total of the two bills were not greater than the excess we received no refund, (no problem with that). We are now almost at the end of our 12 month policy. Unfortunately our dog needed to have a Laparotomy Operation for a bowel blockage. Making claims is extremely easy and I felt they were processed very promptly with no hesitation. I am really just disappointed with myself for not fully understanding that there is a seperate excess for each issue not just an annual excess like for humans. I am not sure how I missed this information prior to paying my premium, its possibly lost in amongst the brain numbing jargon you have to read through. May be it needs to be made more clear for the average person. So needless to say I am very confused as to whether it is worth having pet insurance unless my dog is having major surgery every year as I can not see that I would be receiving many reimbursements. My previous 2 dogs that I owned at seperate times lived for 16 years each. Their vet bills consisted of their normal vaccinations which you are not covered for anyway and of course when the time came that they had to be euthanised. I had no insurance for either of them so for 32 years I wouldn't of made a claim yet would of been paying my premium for nothing. Very unsure, to renew or not......?

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Vicky, thanks for your feedback, I do understand where you are coming from. Like all insurances, it only becomes worthwhile if something happens and you need to find a large amount of funds. Pet... read more »

Faultless service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2019

Claims were communicated via text immediately and payment made seamlessly. Excellent service would highly recommend. We were going through a tough time with our dog having an aggressive tumour removed followed by radiation and Bow Wow held our hand the whole way. We didn’t have to think about making a claim and checking whether the claim had been paid or not. Thank you Bow Wow

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

You are welcome Adelle. Thank you for the review.

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Waiting a month for a claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

We’ve been with Bow Wow since Sept I think. Our dog became very ill suddenly and was diagnosed with an inoperable tumour. We had to euthanise her much to our great sorrow. Our vet and vet specialist kindly made the claim for us. Bow Wow contacted us for more info and this was sent. The vets sent the claims on 10/11 December and even allowing time for Christmas holidays this is a long wait. I’ve sent them a message asking what the hold up is. They are still taking our premiums. She has no history of any health problems.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Carole, I am so sorry to hear this. This is definitely not the service we strive for. Please e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au with the above review so that we can investigate ASAP. Many thanks.

I actually did not mean to submit this comment. I did not click submit. I did send you an email very much the same as this review and by coincidence, maybe, you put some of the monies in to our acc... read more »

Since sending the above comment I have received all the monies due apart from the three premiums after 30/11/1918.

quick claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

been with bow wow for 3 months and when i made a claim, i got my money back within 10 days of the claim.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the review CGK

Highly Reccomend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Policy member for 4 months when our dog needed surgery. Bow Wow Meow liased with our vet directly, kept us up to date throughout the process through their messaging service and the claim was handled before i even thought "i should follow that up soon." Gave us time to focus on our dogs recovery. For the peace of mind and level of service and care. Id highly recommend.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the review and he recommendation Luke. Glad we could assist in such a timely manner.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Pet Insurance - Definitely Worth It

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Having been with Bow Wow less than 2 years I have discovered this is the best policy to have for pet insurance. Unfortunately, I have had to make multiple claims on an adopted dog on an emergency basis with one claim resulting in significant surgery requiring tumours having to be removed from the spleen and bowl. All these claims have been fairly treated and processed quickly and I have always been kept fully informed as to what stage the claims had reached at all times and what information is required. The people are easy to talk to and sympathetic.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Andy, thank you for the review. Glad we have been able to assist with all your claims.

Insurance claim made

Super amazing. Helpful staff.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

I insured my dog Heidi when she was 16 weeks. Since then she has had knee surgery, multiple xrays, vet visits etc. all of which bow wow meow has made possible. When I have needed to contact someone to see if the surgery was covered they where more than happy to help and the process was easy. Claims are processed within an appropriate time frame. Vets can easily make the claim for you. I receive text messages about my claim updates, which I appreciate. Overall very happy dog owner !

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Great to hear. Thanks for the review Bree.

No One Else Can Beat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Over 10years and with having best policy and prices their is no other pet insurance around nor today can beat Bow Wow. Easy to deal and talk too.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Rob! Appreciate it.

Pays for itself

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

I've been a member since September 2018, since then I've made two claims in regards to skin issues for my puppy. I got 80% back on both times, which is great! However the part that we found frustrating is the first claim was VERY drawn out (took just over a month), Bow Wow Meow needed to get our puppy's full vet history (which was no issue) however between them and the clinic they kept saying they were awaiting further information while the clinic said they'd sent the info through. The positive is that the staff at Bow Wow Meow were easy to talk to and were helpful in trying to follow our claim up. The second claim was far less hassle and was processed in a few days. As the owner of a young pet, pet insurance is already paying for itself!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the feedback Nicole. We noticed that many of our policy holders felt the same way with their first claim which is why we put a team together a team to now manage the process of collectin... read more »

Best ever Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

over 4 year, had nothing but a good experience with Bow Wow they were very helpful and will not be changing insurance any time soon

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Beatrice - glad we have met or exceeded expectations

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Fantastic service and communication

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

I’ve been with Bow Wow for 6 months after waiting from another insurer, and am very please I made the switch. Bow wow are easy to deal with and their online portal is fantastic from keeping everything digital and making it easy to track.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Shanneld, I am happy the new portal is working well. Thanks for the review.

Quick and responsive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Our claim was quickly reviewed and paid. Communication was good throughout and their new web site was pretty easy to use. We have had a few other minor claims but this one was much larger (Snake bite)

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Chris

1 of 81 pages

I have 2 dogs aged 6.I have been researching pet insurance. My elderly parents( both in 90's) have asked me to take their dog ( aged 7)when they passover. Non of the dogs have any pre existing conditions and are healthy.No hesitation here but can I get a policy to cover my dogs and theirs under MY name as they are pensioners. If no, then when I do take on their dog it maybe over the age of 9. What then?

Ella asked on Dec 12, 2018

Answer this

You will need a full vet history from birth for the dog or the pet insurance will be a waste of time. So if the dog has only been to the one vet should be easy enough but if not, any pet insurance will not allow you to claim and it would be a waste of money. Generally you cannot insure a pet for first time over 9 years of age but check insurance PDS.

I am considering starting a policy for our 2 dogs. I'm concerned that the premiums will skyrocket each time the policy is renewed. My dogs are 7 and 8. What annual % increase can I expect? If I make a claim, does that result in premium increasing? If so, by how much? Also, with the 10% for second dog, do I get that discount each time the policy is renewed? Thanks.

Jenny asked on Oct 13, 2018

Answer this

Hi Jenny, these are all great questions. It is difficult to answer though as premiums are also dependent on variables that are not known such as vet inflation and the claim frequency of our book. Your claim history does have a small impact on premium. The 10% multi pet discount, is a discount that is applied through the life of the policy so you do retain it on renewal. With older pets, premiums do increase. We try limit this to a cap of 15% as we like to avoid raising prices by huge amounts (it is important to note that there is no pricing guarantee and we reserve the right to increase if need be though). Hope this helps answer your questions.

I can guarantee that your premiums will skyrocket with this company which is why I cancelled the 3 policies I had with them many years ago which cost me far more than I ever got back. Also 2 policies increased with no claims as much as one policy with claims so don't believe them when they say claim history impacts premiums. Your premiums will increase to cover the cost of the many morons having expensive, unnecessary treatment just because they have insurance not because their pets need it. Take out accident only insurance elsewhere, find a great homeopathic vet who will keep your dogs healthy & you will find that costs far less.

Hello I have to agree with this policy holder .. I too have just received my policy renewal for our dog who is just over one year old. Only made one small claim and my policy has increased $276 I could not believe that my policy increased by so much I have only had the policy for 1 year so I can only imagine how much it will increase next year and so on .
I am now in the process of looking elsewhere for my pet insurance and cancelling this policy ( hence how I have stumbled across these reviews ) I called bow wow meow and got someone who gave me the same ridiculous response as above... excuses

My opinion read all the reviews and carefully read the insurance covers and exclusions too And I agree I too have found a great homeopathic vet

Hi do your policy cover blocked gland? consult at a vet where the vet manually expresses and may have to do this regularly thanks Gary

Gary asked on Sep 12, 2018

Answer this

Hi Gary, if the glands are being routinely expressed or expressed as a preventative procedure or Elective Treatment by a vet or nurse, this will not be covered. This exclusion is listed under ‘Day to Day’ care in section 6 of the PDS. “preventative procedures and treatment (including, but not limited to, vaccinations, routine gland expression, flea/tick/worm control)”, as well as preventable procedures and Elective Treatments.
In cases where the pet requires medical treatment for the gland due to impaction, infection, abscess or rupture, we may cover the Treatment under Illness Cover provided the Condition is not Pre-existing.

Take your dog to somewhere like city farmers or pet barn where they groom animals, they charge one third of what the vets charge ie $15 compared to $40 or learn to do it yourself, fingers at 5 and 7 using a glove

See all 135 questions about Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance