Filter By:

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Amazing service, just can't live without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

I have been with Bow Wow since my dog was a puppy, he is now 5 years old. I have found Bow Wow to be such an easy Insurance company to be with. Now the claims process is all online, it's made it even easier to submit a claim! Unfortunately, we have had to make a claim every year for Harvey and the last thing you want to worry about is getting your money back. Bow Wow has always made the process stress free and they're so quick to transfer your money back into your account. Thank you for such amazing service every time!

Highly recommended,Very reliable.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

I have been with Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance for approximately three and a half years now and found them to be very reliable in their assistance. Very reassuring to know there is help available in case of an unexpected accident
to a pet that is like a member of our family.

Happy with latest outcome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

two years and so far so good. i was skeptical but after latest claim I'm convince I got good cover for my dog Thank you

Insurance claim made

Never expected to use it but have needed to use it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

2 years, Its a lot of money to pay on a regular basis, but when required it is a god sent.
Very happy with the claims and portion of refund.

Easy as!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

My dog has been insured with Bow Wow Meow for over 5 years. We have claimed many times. Pet insurance claims are an easy process. So convenient. Hassle free. Thank you.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

You are welcome! And great to hear we have matched or exceeded expectations. Thanks for the review Evette.

Easy seamless coverage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

My dog hasn’t been insured with Bow wow meow for 6 years and we have always had easy straight forward claims experiences. Coverage is wide and staff are easy to deal with. Highly recommended!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Bunny. Good to hear it was a smooth claim process.

Operation for pet dog

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

I have been member for 9 years. Recently my dog needed to have very large tumor removed. The cost was around $1400. The claim was handled by the vet and I promptly received a large portion back. I'm very happy with the service and am considering geeting insurance for other animals

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Good to hear we were able to assist Ric. Thank you for the review.

Insurance claim made

Good ASSURANCE for Elvis and his owners!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

Being insured with you for 3 years, our first recent claim has been very satisfactorily dealt with by you. Thank you very much.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

prompt and no issues

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

2 years - I was pleased that my emergency vet care was paid promptly and through our vet. no issues.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Rosa

What a relief!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

Since April 2018 .. this is the first time I had pet insurance and thank goodness I did .. not sure how I’d have afforded treatment otherwise!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Ivon, glad we could assist and thank you for the review

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Awesome Policy saved my dogs life !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I've been with Bow Wow Meow for 7+ years the experience has been amazing along with the support. Thank you Bow Wow Meow.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

That's great to hear KGS! You are welcome and thank you for the review.

Well Worth It!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

If you have big dogs that can mean big issues at times. Swallowing things etc. In my case my 1yo RR x Bullmastiff developed Shoulder OCD. Bow Wow laid 80% of the approx $4000 bill within a fortnight after the surgery. Excellent response time and remittance!

You get a rebate on some yearly Vaccines and Flea & Tick treatments if you buy them through the vet!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for review Eranda and glad we could assist. Wishing your Bullmastiff a speedy recovery.

Insurance claim made

Do not get this pet insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Chose other pet insurance providers other than Bow Wow Meow, worst customer service, wouldn't accept claims, really frustrating experience with them.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi xlh1030, I am sorry to hear you had negative experience with us. We would be happy to investigate this for you. In order to do this, please e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au with an explanation of what occurred. Many thanks.

Quick, Professional and Peace of Mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

I have had small pets for over 40 years and insured all of them as soon as pet insurance became available. I only recently in the last two years joined up with Bow Wow. I can honestly say without any hesitation that Bow Wow is the most professional pet insurance company I have ever dealt with. The online claim process is very simple and quick, the pricing for my two pets beat every other quote I received from every other company. I highly recommend Bow Wow for all your pet insurance, you will not be disappointed. You can rest assured that your dogs are covered and will, if ever necessary receive the best attention and care they can get giving you peace of mind knowing you’re out of pocket expenses will be minimal.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thank you for this review Valerie! It is great to hear we have been so much help to you over the last 2 years and that you received our service in such a professional manner.

Insurance claim made

Excellent - Wouldn't Be Without It!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

We have been with Bow Wow Meow for almost one year and it has proved to have been the best decision we made when purchasing our dog. Prompt reimbursement of large veterinary bills was especially appreciated during a very stressful time when our dog was very sick. Also many practices are now submitting the claim directly with Bow Wow Meow which saves time not having to make an online claim. Thank you Bow Wow Meow!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Ceri, you are welcome...and glad the claim process is quick and easy. Thank you for the review.

Claim settled quickly.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

The claim process is now so easy, our vet uploads everything and we don’t have to lift a finger. Prior to our pets recent surgery we applied for pre-approval to ensure the procedure was covered, this was approved which put our minds at ease knowing we’d receive 80% rebate. The portal has finally been upgraded, great for tracking claims. The only reason we didn’t give 5 star rating... it’s not that easy to find what your pet is actually covered for, the PDS is long winded. A simplified table of what’s covered would be excellent.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi HannaC, thanks for the review and the feedback regarding the PDS. We will look into providing a more simplified summary of cover.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Insurance claim made

They made the claiming procedure easier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Been using BOW WOW for about 2-3 years, they have been improving their services. Now for one case, you can lodge more than one claim, they only charge you one access, which is good

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Jaden, thanks for the review. Just to clarify...it is a per condition excess. This means that if you have lodged multiple claims in the same policy period for the SAME condition, then only one e... read more »

Insurance claim made

very glad I took the insurance out. I've had a great expereince with Bow Wow Meow

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Ive been with Bow Wow for over 6 years and have had a great experience with each claim I've made.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Kate. Glad we have been able to consistently help over that time.

Sydney

• 3 comments
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

Insurance claim made

I'm in awe how bad they are...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

I dont know what happened but dealing with claims is a joke now. I've had to raise an ombudsman case to try and get some action. They are doing ALL they can get get out of paying when they are meant to. This is becoming stressful. All i want is for them to pay like they are supposed to pay! Constant emails saying another 15 days is required to review your claim, this has happened 3 times. The system is a riggered because you can't go elsewhere otherwise its pre existing for the new insurance company. Beware of BOW WOW.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Kris, I am sincerely sorry to hear this. Please can you e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that our resolutions team can investigate ASAP. Please include your review in the... read more »

Hello, I've emailed as you've suggested. To make it worse, My frenchie now needs surgery for her nose/pallete so I did the right thing and submitted a preapproval claim only to be told that non el... read more »

Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Kris, your e-mail has been received and our resolutions team will be investigating shortly. We will come back to you A.S.A.P.

Insurance claim made

Easier than claiming health insurance for the children !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Unfortunately it has been necessary for us to make two large claims over the past two years . As you can imagine Any time your pet has to have an operation it’s very traumatic it was made so much easier by the beautiful staff who were not only caring but efficient with our claims!! The claim process was easier than claiming for our human children . We are extremely happy with Bow Wow Meow !!

1 of 79 pages

I am considering starting a policy for our 2 dogs. I'm concerned that the premiums will skyrocket each time the policy is renewed. My dogs are 7 and 8. What annual % increase can I expect? If I make a claim, does that result in premium increasing? If so, by how much? Also, with the 10% for second dog, do I get that discount each time the policy is renewed? Thanks.

Jenny asked on Oct 13, 2018

Answer this

Hi Jenny, these are all great questions. It is difficult to answer though as premiums are also dependent on variables that are not known such as vet inflation and the claim frequency of our book. Your claim history does have a small impact on premium. The 10% multi pet discount, is a discount that is applied through the life of the policy so you do retain it on renewal. With older pets, premiums do increase. We try limit this to a cap of 15% as we like to avoid raising prices by huge amounts (it is important to note that there is no pricing guarantee and we reserve the right to increase if need be though). Hope this helps answer your questions.

Hi do your policy cover blocked gland? consult at a vet where the vet manually expresses and may have to do this regularly thanks Gary

Gary asked on Sep 12, 2018

Answer this

Hi Gary, if the glands are being routinely expressed or expressed as a preventative procedure or Elective Treatment by a vet or nurse, this will not be covered. This exclusion is listed under ‘Day to Day’ care in section 6 of the PDS. “preventative procedures and treatment (including, but not limited to, vaccinations, routine gland expression, flea/tick/worm control)”, as well as preventable procedures and Elective Treatments.
In cases where the pet requires medical treatment for the gland due to impaction, infection, abscess or rupture, we may cover the Treatment under Illness Cover provided the Condition is not Pre-existing.

Never made a claim until our beloved dog Henry died aged 9. Phoned Bow Wow Meow who said no need to put extra details in only the most recent treatment that we are making our claim for. Followed all the online prompts only to have a request for ALL vet treatment during his lifetime, pathology reports and X ray results. How come other owners have their claims paid out immediately? Very disappointed!

Henry asked on Aug 21, 2018

Answer this

Hi Henry, I am sorry you are disappointed - my apologies. Please can you e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that we can investigate and sort out for you. Thanks

See all 134 questions about Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance