Filter By:

Great, efficient service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2018

I found the service to be fair and efficient. I received a good rebate on my claim and it was paid promptly. I will definitely continue to use Bow Wow in the future to help me look after my dogs

Happy overall

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2018

I used to be with another insurer who took months and months and months of me badgering them before they would pay a claim.
Whilst there have been occasions with Bow Wow Meow where I thought I would get a bigger refund than I did or did not realise that a particular treatment was capped or not eligible (did not read the fine print!) they have always processed my claims and deposited money in to my account within days. I have a dog with multiple health issues and having this insurance has made it much easier to give him the treatments he needs.
Great customer support.

Very glad i took it out

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

first claim which i'm told takes a little longer to get everything on the system. but friendly staff and got on with claim in time frame. That's all i want to say even if its less than thirty words

Very happy return customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

I am a very happy return customer.
I now have another policy with Bow Wow Meow, for my new dog.
There was no question about going with Bow Wow Meow again for my pet insurance.
I was very happy with their services when I had insurance for my first dog.
The customer service officers are very caring and helpful.
Claim submission is very easy, with the availability of an online portal, and my claims were always promptly processed.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

VERY satisfied customer!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

My Pug puppy was diagnosed with meningoencephalitis and we were so scared about all the treatment and the suffering we would go through ahead. It is a terrible disease but with the prompt help on the pre approval of Bow Wow Meow we are being able to offer the best treatment to our lovely puppy. I have no words to thanks for giving us a quick reply for all claim made it till now. I would highly recommend Bow Wow Meow to everyone :)

Good and simple process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Policy was easy to set up. Consultant was friendly and actually sounded like she cared. Very happy with my first claim with Bow Wow Meow insurance, which was processed and approved pretty quickly.

Insurance claim made

A reassessment following a review of my policy.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Policy was easy to setup.
The policy has been invaluable in the past 18 mths as my dog Monti has had a number of medical issues, most of which involved attacks by other dogs which resulted in some serious injuries to my dog.
Customer service has been very good. I have always received messages to let me know that you have received my claim and an approximate processing time.

Insurance claim made

Great insurance cover for my Dachshund

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

My Dachshund recently ate a whole block of chocolate, which is deadly for dogs to eat. We rushed him off to the emergency vet to get his stomach cleared of the chocolate, The vet submitted the insurance claim directly online and I received a cheque in the mail soon after (about a month) for most of the claim less the excess. Very satisfied customer.

Redlands Brisbane

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Okay company

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Relatively easy to set up . Customer service often difficult due to language barrier . Claims often take a long time to be processed . I would like to see a system where claims are made at the vet clinic like the Hicaps system used in human health care insurance .

Pet health insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Yes my policy is ok just last time my claim took 3 weeks to complete should be 5 days other wise very happy when you have to sick dogs thank you

Very Happy with chosen insurance

Quick
Easy to set up
Very prompt payments
Easy to process / make claims for pet
Good information on website
Vert happy with service that has been provided overall.

Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

I feel I get good value for money. The policy was easy to set up and I have never had a problem with a claim. The payment is always prompt and I have only had to wait a couple of days on each occasion. This is the first time I have ever had pet insurance but it is something I will always have.

Brilliant service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Excellent policy with good rebates and wonderful service for our very sick dog. Thank you so much for your support. It has made life a little easier for us all

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Great Cover with 80% rebate

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

I've had cover for my dog from a puppy for a couple of years and never made a claim. I hadn't realised what her insurance covered and thought it was only for major emergencies. She has recently had some skin issues with her feet the last few months and some expensive vet bills. I checked her insurance and saw it was covered and with an 80% rebate. Once I got the history from our vet it was so quick and easy to lodge the claims online and they were processed quickly and the 80% rebate deposited into my bank account within about 2-3 days. I even lodged claims from when she was a puppy and had skin issues (demodex), I thought they may have been rejected due to not submitting within 90 days however to my surprise they were all processed!!!

Stress free vet treatment

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

My policy was very easy to set up as the customer service is very good and informative. Claims are settled very quickly with no hassle and you are informed with its processing, my claim and refund was done in a few days, it certainly takes the worry out of any vet bills-

Insurance claim made

Excellent service and friendly staff.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

I’ve had few claims since I got my puppy which is unfortunate situatio but lucky I had Dash covered with BWM. The customer support team is lovely and claim process is easy, all the procedures and required docs are reasonable steps from claim perspective.

Great peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Very easy and to set up and good value for money. The only complaint is the online portal was too hard to set up, and caused us dramas and we had to call up.

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer
Private message

Reassuring Backup

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Recently made a claim for injury to our 2 year old dog. Fast processing of payment refund and very reassuring and stress free with communication .Easy to access website for submission of claim
Would recommend Bow Wow Meow to anyone thinking about pet insurance Thanks

Insurance claim made

Excellent, very quick payment!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Always a very quick turn around and payment deposited into my bank account. It’s a nice relief to know I can provide the best care for my dogs and not have to worry about money

Insurance claim made

Great service and much cheaper than other insurers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

I recently moved my dog to bow wow meow insurance after my previous insurer increased my premium ridiculously and it became unaffordable. My dog then had a life threatening condition just before Christmas time. I lodged my claim and was happy when I received a text letting me know they had received my claim. The claim was processed fairly quickly and the money deposited in my account. I recommend Bow Wow Meow to all of my friends and family now

1 of 68 pages

Hello. If i go to the vet whilst waiting say how does that work? And say if hypothetically he has a pre condirion ?

Belinda asked on Mar 23, 2018

Answer this

Hi Belinda, I am not sure I understand your first question. However, if your pet has a pre-existing condition, then we won't be able to cover it when you take out a policy. Note: if there are no signs of that condition whilst being insured with us for a period of 18 months, then you can apply to get the pre-existing condition waived.

Whats the success rate?

Hi there, is hip dysplasia covered by the policy?

Julie asked on Mar 22, 2018

In your pds it states that if after hours and the vet determines the visit was an emergency you will only pay the cost of a normal day vet clinic. How is this calculated?

Kelli asked on Feb 26, 2018

Answer this

Hi Kelli, if the Pet needs to go to an emergency Vet due to the circumstances being an emergency, we will generally cover the cost of the emergency visit. The Product Disclosure Statement says that we may not cover treatment unless the Vet believes an emergency consultation was necessary, in which case our liability is limited to the amount that would have been payable had the Treatment been provided at a Vet practice during normal consultation hours.

See all 127 questions about Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance