Filter By:

Compassionate Staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

Great value.Bow wow were very helpful. Paid most of the fees when Milly was hit by a car and had a broken leg.
Staff were very compassionate and I would definitely recommend.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Sarah, good to hear we are what is to be expected form a good pet insurance company. Thank you.

Great value!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

Very satisfied with the service we received when our beautiful pet was ill, the team were helpful with our questions and the payment of the rebate was prompt. We have been with BWM for 9 years and can't complain.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thank you for the positive review Dawn.

Promt and satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

The policy is great value and wasy to set up. Customer support have always been informative and friendly. I would recommend Bow Wow Meow pet insurace to anyone. We have recently added some more fur babies to our policy we are that happy with it

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Bennie, glad to hear you are happy with our service. Thank you for the review.

Phone conversation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

the person I spoke to was knowledgable, patient, interested in my questions and needs. I had done a lot of research before getting insurance with bow wow meow and believe it is the most value for money one for me and my puppy.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Jacinta. Glad to hear we could assist with any queries you may have had.

Insurance claim made

Poor customer service, refusal to pay out claims

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

Worst policy ever!!!
I will never refer anyone to BWM. They withold claims and payouts to suit them even if you qualify. Realy bad customer service even worst communication.
We have a 6 month old puppy and at 3 months they tried to tell us we had a pre existing skin condition.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Tina, I am sorry you received poor customer service and that you feel this way. I am happy to investigate this further for you. If you would like me to do this, please e-mail your policy number to [email protected] Many thanks.

Ashburton, Victoria

Verified Customer

Website forms are awkward and buggy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

After reading widespread positive reviews, I signed up and am already disappointed with the functionality of their website. Attempting to register for the online portal returns errors, and wipes all the details I typed in! Called for support and was transferred to another area, call cut off, now their call centre is closed...
Please fix the entry of dates on your application forms which is unnecessarily difficult.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi formidable_humanoid's, I am sorry to hear this. We are currently in the process of making the portal more user friendly. Please e-mail your policy number to [email protected] and I will ge... read more »

Melbourne

Insurance claim made

Very impressed with this pet insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I choose this provider based on price, they had a competitive price for comprehensive dog cover and covered 80% on claims.
I have made two claims for my puppy in the last year, and was pleasantly surprised when they were processed very quickly via their online claim service. I just had to attached the vet invoice, payment receipt and ask the vet for the consultation notes, so it was pretty straight forward. I have peace of mind that this provider will actually pay out if anything unfortunate happens to my beloved dog.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thank you for sharing Tse. Glad it all went smoothly.

Insurance claim made

Pet insurance is a must with the ever increasing services vets can now offer for our pets.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

The claim process is easy to do. I think over all cost per dog is fair. Rebate could be a little faster as the immediate outlay can be hefty when you are on a budget.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Jacquie, thank you for your feedback. It is good to hear the claims process was easy.

Excellent pet insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2017

We've had our pet insurance with Bow Wow Meow Pet insurance for over six years and only this year had to make a claim. We were very glad we had the cover for our dog. The claim was processed quickly and the customer service is good. We would highly recommend this insurance.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Eons. Glad customer service was good and the claim was processed quickly.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

So great to claim with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

I have had my pet insurance with Bow Wow Meow for 9 years and never had to claim up until my dog was diagnosed with cancer. The claims process is easy once underway, the staff have been great when I've called and been very informative. Claims are paid pretty fast, the larger claims take a little longer however are still paid in 10 business days.
I have been really impressed how easy it has been which is exactly what you want in a time where your fur baby is unwell and life is so busy.
Would highly recommend Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance and have referred a few people on.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Lauren. We appreciate the feedback and wish your dog a speedy recovery.

Perth

• 1 answer

Insurance claim made

"Bow Wow Meow" - an EXCELLENT pet insurance company..!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2017

Customer service to set up (and to further renew) our pet insurance policies - 10 out of 10 rating.
Policy value and broadness of coverage - 10 out of 10 rating.
Customer service regarding our recent pet insurance claim for our puppy dogs broken leg - 10 of of 10 rating.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Ainslie. We are super happy it went so well.

Not bad! Could be better

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2017

Policy was a little high but still reasonable if you have spare money (not that anyone does but needs insurance for dogs)
Policy wasn't easily set up
The support over the phone was good.
For what we claimed we feel we should have been reimbursed more than we were

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Jemma, thank you for the feedback. Glad we were good in some areas, however, we are always working hard to improve where we fall short. If you would like to review excess levels etc on your pol... read more »

Really good product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

Customer service has always been very good. Easy to use the online service quick claim processing. Competitive rates for all the animals I insure. Yearly birthday emails are nice to receive

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thank you for sharing Budklay. Glad all went well.

Insurance claim made

Quick and easy claim process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

When my puppy broke his knee I was expecting a long and lengthy claim process but everything ran so smoothly. I was very happy with the service and quick claim process. I would highly recommend Bow Wow pet insurance.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Great to hear. Thank you Susan

Helena Valley

Terrible! Terrible! Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Buyer beware!! Don't cancel your policy before the roll over date. If you do they will make you pay back any claims you have had for that period but will keep the money you paid. I have had to cancel my policy early and they have advised I have to pay back all the claims I made as my policy has not rolled over. So they kept all the money I paid on the policy and took back the money they had paid for my claims. I fail to see how this is ok or right and will be taking it further.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Michelle D, I think there is confusion here. Our pet insurance premiums are annual policies. However, we give policyholders the option of paying monthly or fortnightly. If you are paying this wa... read more »

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Great peace of mind! Wouldnt be without it!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

I feel my policy is good value. My airedale has had a number of claims recently and they have been paid out exactly as the policy says and promptly. My policy was very easy to set up for both of my dogs and when renewal came up late last year all my questions were answered and possible changes to my policy were discussed. I have found the customer support team to be very helpful and knowledgeable about the policies. Have recommended to others.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Jenny, I am glad to see that everything has gone smoothly. Thank you for the review and the recommendations too :-)

Much better

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Previously we made a claim and it was rediculous what they decided to pay, not pay and what we had to fight for. My vet did multiple procedure at one, one was not cover. i spend many phone calls explaining a dogs anatomy to them and did get through to them eventually.
Recently we made another claim and Bow Wow Meaw were brilliant. My vet sent in the form, they kept us updated on the process and paid us in a timely matter. We did not have to call them or argue anything. It was a stress a free process. A huge improvement in the quality of service.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Angela. I am happy you received a much better experience this time and apologise or the poor service previously.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

Great for peace of mind.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

Peace of mind for my epileptic dog. I definitely would have struggled with his care without the policy. Payments are processed quickly. I would however like to see settled claim details on the pet portal rather than waiting for a letter through the post.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the feedback Zoe. We are actually working on exactly that. It will be a quicker digital experience and everything will be visible from the portal. We are hoping this will be rolled out towards the end of the year.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

yes to all of the above. I have my policy for 6 years now and are greatful for the prompt payment I have recieve in the passed. without Bow Wow Meow I wouldn't of been able to give my baby a great service from my pet.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Quick and easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

I was very impressed with how easy and quick it was to make a claim using the app. I was also grateful for the speedy processing of our claim and prompt payment.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

1 of 48 pages

Hi, my dog was recently bitten on the ear by another dog and received surgery for her injury. The vet bill came to $609.80 but I was only paid $287. I pay for the comprehensive plan of 80% benefit and $200 excess. How come I did not recieve the full 80% back? Thank-you.

Sonia asked on Aug 01, 2017

Answer this

Hi Sonia, it is the excess that took a fair chunk of the proceeds so it may be better to change to a lower excess (maybe $100)?
The calculation goes like this:
$609.8 x 80% = $487.84
$487.84 less the excess of $200 = $287.84
Kind regards
Greg

Is this true that if you cancel the cover partway through and you have made claims during that period that you ask for all the claim money to be returned??? There are so many BAD reviews and you don't put on here if you sorted the complaints out or not - Guess I wont be using you for insurance.

Philphy asked on Jul 21, 2017

Answer this

If the supporting insurance company has PAID for your pet injury / sickness claims - why on earth would you want to be cancelling your pet insurance policy mid-term?
It should be looked at as a long term business relationship partnership - between the insurance company and the client.

Hi Philphy, we do not ask for the CLAIM money to be returned this it definitely NOT true. I think there is confusion surrounding this. This is how it works: Our pet insurance premiums are annual policies. However, we give policyholders the option of paying monthly or fortnightly. If you are paying this way and you get a claim payout in the policy period and your pet dies, we do not ask for the balance of premiums owing for that policy period, even though a claim was paid out. However, if your pet does not die but you decide to cancel the policy after receiving claim proceeds, we definitely do ask you to pay the full annual policy. I can compare this to a car insurance policy. If your claim is paid out for a car that is written off, the insurer, will payout the claim less the balance owing for the whole annual policy. I hope this makes sense. This is how all the policies underwritten by Hollard Insurance work.

I have a French bull dog puppy who the vet has just advised will need soft palate and nose opening surgery in the future- can you tell me if this would be covered? I have your premium insurance

Briony95 asked on Jul 10, 2017

Answer this

Hi Briony, it is difficult to comment without seeing the actual case history. I would recommend calling 1800 668 502 so that you can find out more details.

See all 113 questions about Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance