Miranda

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

A sound choice at this price range.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

I researched carefully before i bought this machine and didn't regret it. It makes a lovely cuppa (if you know what you're doing). I'd dare say some of the bad reviews are by people who have never used an espresso machine before. I think it has everything I need to make whatever kind of coffee i want. Very much recommended. This is the minimum you can pay for a good espresso machine.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Blacktown, NSW

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Love my Breville Duo-Temp Pro

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

When it was time for a new coffee machine i had no hesitation looking into the Breville range after an amazing 10 year run with my last machine.
I highly recommend the Breville Duo-Temp Pro. Nice design, not bulky, easy to use, easy to maintain, reasonably priced and makes the perfect coffee.

Seven Hills, NSW

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

My first and most amazing coffee machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

First espresso machine my bought after much research. Makes amazing coffee. I am trained barista so the fact that dosing and tamping was going to be manual was not an issue. For people who want that to be automatic, a good grinder can do that. I got a manual grinder with my machine that works beautifully too. Using fresh roasted beans makes the absolute best coffee obviously but even using regular supermarket beans also gives a great coffee. Most times even if i have not been perfect in the grinding dosing tamping or extracting, the coffee ends up good. The milk frother works amazingly well and gives very good control. The milk can be made very smooth and silky.
Cleaning the coffee machine is quite easy so maintenance is a breeze.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

• 7 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Good Value, Great Coffee

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Very happy with this machine. We previously had a much more expensive machine that ground coffee beans but after the grinder went caput in it (which cost a fortune to repair only to cark it again), we decided we wanted to buy something much more simple where less could go wrong. Enter the Breville Duo temp. Totally simple to use and clean. Makes great coffee every time. No complaints on this one.

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Great Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

We have had this one for 6 months. It works excellent. We make lattes every morning. The heat-up period is extremely short, and the pressure for frothing is perfect. Our lattes are perfect, and my wife is spoiled so that she usually comments that they are better than what we get when we're out. I have had no problems at all, so far. The water filter is a good plus, and you can get filters online cheaper than through Breville. You only need 6 per year, so the cost is trivial anyway. The tamper is pro-style and excellent. The baskets are great, and its nice to have 2 (single and double) pressurized and two non-pressurized. We grind our own beans, but have been happy using the pressurized baskets. Overall, it is an amazing value for the cost. It seems like a pro-style machine.

Sydney, NSW

• 3 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great ......heres how to get great coffee from this machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

I'm loving this machine . Previously had a Breville Roma for many years...time to upgrade....coffee was bitter at first but after a month of research and trial I'm finally getting superb coffee every time. Heres what you need to do. Use the double non pressurized basket to make a single coffee. Make sure you have a decent grinder. Weigh 15-16 gms of coffee beans into grinder per coffee you are making and grind each one fresh. Firm even tamp. Express 25-30 mls of coffee ...I like to express into a pre heated shot glass that has measurements on the side then pour this into preheated coffee cup. . if you weigh each grind and measure each pour you will get great coffee.

Shoalhaven

OK, but nothing special

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

I've reviewed the Sunbeam Cafe Crema II (no longer available) and loved it's functionality but not the reliability. Bought this (double the price) for reliability and PID temp control (engineer). It certainly makes coffee well but no better than the Cafe Crema II. We've had it for about 7 months and it has proved reliable so far.

Things I don't like:
After steaming milk (6 seconds) it goes through a purge sequence which drains water into the collection tray - this means the tray fills up after about 3 or 4 uses.
The storage tray behind the bottom collection tray can be pushed back into the machine and be difficult to get out, it also gets water in it (I have removed it and stored accessories elsewhere).
Water filters need to be replaced every 3 months and they are reasonably expensive.

Ease of use and cleaning are similar to other manual coffee machines.

Purchased at: Joyce Mayne

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Date Purchased: May 2016

Amazingggg!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

WOW! This machine has easily become part of my every day routine. Our friends always comment that they love coming over for our amazing coffee!

It has absolutely everything you need to make a quality cup of coffee! Every thing I needed for my home cafe.(The steaming wand is a huge plus! )

Brisbane

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: May 2018

Love it!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

Even though it’s only small, it seriously makes great coffee. I have had Nespresso for years and decided to make the change a few months ago, and I am so glad that I did. It makes cafe quality coffee and is so easy to use. Of course it also depends on the coffee you buy and the grind as well.

I recommend buying a thermometer for the milk as I burnt it a few times (can tolerate the heat in my hands) and I don’t think you need to hold the milk jug on an angle as it suggests

Purchased at: Big W

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2018

Nothing fantastic it depends on the coffee beans not the machine

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2018

Nothing fantastic . It stopped working after 2 mnths luckily I got my money back by taking it back to the store . Unluckily for me I did not
Not even purchase any extra warranty .its always better to buy such things from jbi hifi / Harvey Norman etc as one can buy extra warranty

South Perth

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Perfect: Simplicity at its BEST

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Love this machine. The thought of this machine being discontinued at one point really troubled me. I had previously bought this as a present, for my then, coffee crazy partner. Life as we know doesn't always venture the way we might have planned it. Although an English good cup of tea can often serve to soothe through many a sad time, I came to discover at the end of our defacto relationship and the 50/50 selling of my house. I equally had came addicted to coffee. Three years on and this little machine still going strong.

Thank You Breville. I don't need all the bells & whistle's some folk desire. I just need simplicity and perfection at it's best. Only Con: I would have enjoyed seeing a stainless steel warming plate. Easy to use and a doddle to clean. For those that don't enjoy bitter tasting coffee, you might wanna switch from using Arabic coffee to Colombian. ;)

Glen Waverly

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Really Delicious Cofee

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

I love this machine. It keeps it simple and concentrates on decent pressure and ergonomic design. I can to the process in my sleep of loading up the coffee now and dialing it in just right. I get perfect results almost every time (some user error lol) . I am more than satisfied with this, I am delighted and hope it keeps running for many years.

Noarlunga, South Australia, Australia

• 6 comments
  • 32 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Delivers perfect coffee & Clever Design

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

Had this BES810 machine a few weeks. As my 4th coffee machine (including 1 capsule, 1 Fully Auto and another Semi Auto) this produces by far the best tasting coffee with consistent results. (Of course what you start with affects what you get out... so a good dosing grinder is also a great investment.. mine is a Breville Smart Grinder Pro. See seperate review.) As for clever design there's attention to detail that makes things work better, such as the extra tools tray that also acts as a spare water catcher when you empty the main drainage tray as the roll tray is automatically brought forward and can be left under drainage pipes. Then there's the very clever design of the water tank lid mechanism. Then there's the inclusion of the perfect coffee tamper that lives in a magnetic recess on the machine to prevent losing it, and the Razor coffee dosing measure tool that ensures you get as close as possible to the correct amount of coffee (until or unless you already know). To make the process faster the system dumps steam from the milk steaming side to allow coffee to be made at the perfect PID controlled temperature within a couple of seconds of steaming milk. It's care with the little things and quality of materials that seems to raise Breville above other makers. It's like Breville engineers actually think like product users. As a 4-5 coffees per day drinker the quality and ease of making a cup is important to me and this machine meets that need very well indeed. VERY IMPRESSED.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Aldgate

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

I drink long blacks! oh the perfect machine!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Consistent great shots poured.
I bought this machine because my Sunbeam was being temperamental.
One shot was amazing, perfect body, strength and taste, but the next was luke warm, bitter or the machine just got reallly loud.
So i upgraded to this Breville and oh my it's been a breeze!
After working out the correct bean grind, the Precise Espresso Extraction which gives a Low pressure pre-infusion is just magic!
I love this machine and if it ever carks it, i'll replace it with the same (but newer) model.

Gladstone

• 2 answers

My daughter loves it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2018

It was a big decision what would make good coffee, but be easy for my daughter to use, and not make too much mess. Oh, and look good :) I picked the red version of this, and she loves it. I'm so glad, because I thought I was going to have to spend 10x this amount!

Sydney, NSW

• 23 comments
  • 1 question
  • 17 answers
  • 61 helpful votes

So Simple to Use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

Breville claim an 8 year old after instruction can use this machine. And I think they are right.

It really is as simple as turning a knob to the left to extract the crema/coffee.

Turn the knob to the centre to stop the crema/coffee flow. It automatically cuts out at about 30-40 seconds.

Turn the knob to the right to begin texturing the milk with the steam wand.

The automatic cut out out of the water flow through the portafilter allows a mug to half fill. The other half will need to be textured milk. I am sure most people will find the 50% extracted crema/coffee & textured milk an ideal mix.

*However, you can turn the knob to the central position, and back to the left flow position, and after a few seconds, it will heat up sufficiently to start crema/coffee extraction again. This way, filling a mug beyond half, if you prefer less milk.

The large and small white LED lights, indicate when the water & steam have reached the necessary temperature.

The machine I bought was to replace that of a well known "S" brand, which lasted 10 months, and a re-check of Product Review indicated that many other owners of it struck severe overheating, leaking and pump that would not stop pumping, within just a few months. A dangerous product!

But I found no review of the Breville Duo-Temp Pro suggesting anyone had a problem like that, and that generally all were happy with their choice.

The coffee tastes fine. It stops pouring in about 30-40 seconds, so as not to burn the coffee and give a bitter taste.

After each use, I simply remove the coffee grounds from the basket with a teaspoon & rinse it under the tap, and the same for the portafilter into which the basket fits.

I also use a wet Chux wipe to run around the inside edge of the Grouphead to hopefully remove any loose coffee grounds. All of this probably takes about 2 minutes.

After the milk has been textured, the machine will reactivate and do it's own auto purge, to clean out the Grouphead. This runs into the drip tray.

The machine comes with quite a lot of accessories, such as a good weighted tamp device, a "razor" to ensure the same amount of ground coffee is used each time, a water filter, 4 baskets for different types of use, a stainless steel jug.

Fortunately my "S" brand machine gave up whilst still under warranty. This time I bought the optional Harvey Norman 5 year warranty. I feel the $59 dollars is wise option, that will safeguard the nearly $400 investment.

I am confident that buyers of the machine will be happy with it. It is the next step up in price from the "S" brand, and the others are hundreds of dollars more than the Duo-Temp Pro.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments

I forgot to mention, that as part of the each time after use cleanup, run the steam briefly into the drip tray, cup or bowl, to clean the inside tip of the wand, so that it will not become clogged ... read more »

Almost a week later when removing the drip tray, I thought part of it had come off. But it turned out to be a "secret" tray for storing accessories and it pushes into the recess where the drip tray... read more »

*Grinders "Crema" ground coffee appears to *not be suitable for this machine. The hot water cannot run through the ground coffee, which just swells up into a goo. Avoid it! Also, when using this ma... read more »

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

A good coffee machine at a great price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

I've been using this coffee machine near daily for about 3 months. It's proved to be very easy to use and hassle-free. It doesn't have the features that more expensive coffee machines have like being able to grind beans, but it's a very acceptable machine at its price point. It takes around 5 minutes from starting up the machine to having your coffee and having it cleaned - very happy with it so far.

Brisbane

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Easy to use coffee machine

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

I purchased this machine along with a Breville grinder and after finding the right settings for the grinder, I can honestly say it makes an excellent cup of coffee. The machine warms up quickly, is so simple to use and makes a consistently great cup. My only gripe is the size of the tray as it can fill up with water quite quickly and then start to overflow.

Melbourne

• 2 comments

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

real ka fei

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

wife loves coffee especially after giving birth to two kids, she told me rather than spend 5 dollars each time, she prefers to make her own at home. thus here we are, big brand, stainless steel finish, easy operation, perfect machine for family use. as long as she does the cleaning, i would give this beauty 10 out of 5 stars.

Date Purchased: May 2014

perfect machine

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

it is easy to use. this machine makes you like a real barista. The only down side, you have to do maintenance and the kit is not that cheap. I am really impressed with life of the machine. They are really good quality workmanship which reflected to the price that you paid.

1 of 4 pages