Filter By:

Very reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

It was quite strate forward to join & the cost is Competitive. It's a well known company & I got cost effective price policy, that made me satisfied. I hope the company like Budget Direct will look after the customer always. Thanks

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

The operator was very open and explained thoroughly. When I asked a question he explained it well and asked if I understood. I would recommend it to all my friends and family.

Good policy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

The Budget Direct is good overall. I think there are further room for improvement which should be done in order to make the policy the best choice overall for people.

Policy was good value for money cheaper than others .setting up the policy was easy to do online the

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Policy was very good value cheaper than others. Very easy to set up on the phone customer support was excellent , man on the phone was so friendly and helpful.have had another policy on another car before and have always had good customer service would recommend to others

Very confusing email comms

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Purchase was ok. Haven't claimed anything so no idea how good you are in that. But proving my NCD rate 1 was a massive pain. Although I provides everything that was needed, still rejectes few times and notifications came from everywhere for that, email and sms from different sources, I finally had to call in and talk to a person, who finally told me everything was just fine. That was a lot of wasted time for me and anxiety on my policy state for nothing.

fast phone service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

The phone service was very fast.THey don't keep you waiting.And the price is good .They staff have English has their first language.And I wish they had this level of service 40 years ago because at that time insurance companies were a bunch of emus

it was good as the prices were more realistic than that of other insurance companies.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

The prices here were more realistic than those of other insurance companies. The support was nice and in turn gave us less of a hassle. Overall, it was a joyful experience.

Excellent experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

I recently took out car insurance with Budget Direct & after comparing their policy with several competitors I found them to have exceptional coverage at a great cost. The experience has been sensational & I would have no hesitation in recommending Budget Direct to family & friends.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Setting up the policy and the customer service that I received was excellent. The lady that helped me out was very polite and extremely helpful, she made the whole process easy.

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Poor administration

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I was asked for proof of NCB. I forwarded my existing insurer's renewal notice. After a week I got an email to advise my policy is to be cancelled because I can't prove my NCB. I had to call them to confirm that I sent them that email a week ago. Can't they check their records properly or give me call or follow up email rather than cancel my policy? I don't want my perfect insurance record to be tarnished. Imagine next time I apply an insurance policy I have to disclose that Budget Direct cancelled my policy?

Insurance claim made

Very prompt when it comes to making claims

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Took 20mins to make a claim, straightforward and easy. fixed within 2 weeks of making the claim, i was not at fault and therefore they waived the excess and the no claim discount. Very impressed. Even now when comparing quotes for a new car i'm still choosing Budget who are more expensive than others, purely because i know if i need them they'll be there for me !!!

Bad Experience

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I provided documentation late regarding previous NCB status (my fault due to work pressures) only to be informed via email the very next day that my policy had been cancelled due to failure to provide sufficient NCB status from previous insurer, even though the letter from previous insurer ststed no claims over past 5+ years.

I am not sure if Budget Insurance actually read the letter I sent the previous day or if the explanation from the previous insurer was insufficient or the cancellation activated automatically via email being electronically generated.

Either way, I feel now that it was a complete waste of both my time and the time of the Budget Consultant who initially assisted me to set up my Budget motor vehicle insurance policy.

I have now gone with another insurer.

Multiple issues providing NCD proof

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

The process of providing the NCD proof was frustrating and poorly managed. Feedback on documents I provided was vague. I was disconnected when the agent tried to transfer me. Each time i was transferred i had to re-explain the issue.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

A car ran into me and totaled my car, Dec 4 2017, it is now Jan 11 still waiting, I had full comp.They are really shocking.The payout figure they took out $800 excess, they took 4 more monthly premiums, for a car I dont have, They pay the payout figure on whats owed on the car and I get whats left, well I got the whats left part, but they haven't, payed the payout which is holding me up from getting another car. I think anyone would be better than Budget Direct, who actually is Auto General.

Insurance claim made

Budget Car Insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Guys, just to let you know I never had written a review but I feel that I am compelled to give a review regarding Budget Insurance
I had Budget Car insurance for years, and as soon as I made one claim I received a letter saying that I did not met there credentials and that they would not insure meany longer. What A Joke rating 1 for years 1 claim and they tell you to move on.
Then my son had his car parked out the front of our house, this guy hits the car he advise us he is with Budget and now the fun begins. They have made us jump through hoops to have the car assessed, then the finally write the car of which was obvious anyway, now everytime we ask them for the payout we keep getting put through to department that does not even return calls, then you get through to someone and they tell you the had the wrong phone number, but still cant help you, but they seem to have the correct phone when they are making you jump through hoops.
They should not be allowed to trade they do not offer any form of descent service, they are just in the market to riip honest people off.

Most challenging to sign up with

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Way too long and complicated to sign up
It use to be one simple call
Now it’s several calls, emails, texts, going outside taking photos then being told day later it’s unsuccessful, you need to do it again
A three way call with my previous insurance to check my details are correct (which they were)
And still getting message

Fantastic help finding a policy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

I had been recommended Budget Direct from a friend and I’m glad to say I wasn’t disappointed. The service agent I dealt with was friendly, knowledgeable, thorough and open to discussing several options within my budget. I am very happy with the plan and price of my insurance. And the inexpensive addition of roadside assistance is a must.

Craigieburn

Private message

Great customer service so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

I left bingle as they were impossible to contact and now with budget direct. They are always easy to contact, everytime i contact them they are prompt and call me back. They also emailed me a free 3 month magazine subsciption when i joined. I got to choose from about 5 magazines. I really like them and the price was the cheapest at the time, even cheaper than bingle!

Policy cover so many important points.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2018

I was very upset and unsatisfied with customer service given at the time of taking insurance. First they give me quote of $881 and after confirming about everything 100% with you team, i cancelled my policy from my previous insurer coles insurance. Later when i call to finalised my policy they change policy premium from $881 to $1049.56. When i informed about all situation and final quote, they were very rude and said arrogantly that if you want then take policy. I hope such type of rude and arrogant behaviour with any clients is not good.

I want to mentioned that ypur policy is very good and cover so many important things.

I request please improve customer service.

This is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2018

My police was very great value i saved heaps.the policy was very eady to set ip the girl on the phone was great. Very satisfied with the provider's customer support some provider English language could be better some are hard to understand on the phone

1 of 116 pages