Filter By:

Insurance claim made

Cheap and nasty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

I'm surprised to see 5 star ratings for budget direct. Makes me wonder if they write them. My experience with them was appalling when i tried to lodge a claim which was not at fault it took months of anguish to get the claim paid and only after involving the insurance ombudsmen
I would advise anyone to stay away from this insurer and definitely pay a bit extra for a market leader like Allianz. Aami. NRMA.

Verified Customer

Treat loyal customers poorly

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

I've been with Budget Direct for 5 years, every year my policy goes up and I don't query it. This year my premium has jumped from $93 pm to $130 then I spend 90 minutes on the phone trying to sort it out with no success. Also I got a quote from their website for $880 per year yet I just got told my insurance next month will be $1,550. Will probably switch to Youi soon. So disappointed.

Peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Yes the policy is reasonable as i compared it to other companies. I found it was easy to set up and the staff were helpful with choosing the cover I wanted

Great!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Policy is great affordable for my circumstances. Policy was very easy to setup. Very satisfied with customer support and direct debit setup. Was surprised on how to take photos and email back so advanced.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Insurance claim made

Retrospective conditions

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

Policy was cheaper to buy. But they won’t honour it. They Want to increase the premium of existing policy. Once you have bought the policy thinking it’s cheap, they will hike up the price later. 100 percent DECEITFUL

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

EVELYN MICRA

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Yes. I spent over an hour on the phone. I'm not happy taking that long therefore I may not renew at expiry!! Also unhappy that I had to text more than thirty words to get out. Please don't ask me for any more reviews.

Perfect good value

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Really i was able to get very fare rate for my comprehensive insurance policy. When comparing with other competitors. It is ver fare rate. And also customer service also flexible

Very good online services

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Zero overhead in online system to hire a car insurance, hope the same is true if a claim is needed. The photos upload system for policy start is very good.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

no good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

a simple third party car insurance, after putting you through more checks than anybody else, which includes demerits points....they'd give you a god-forsaken sob quote - useless people. what's the point, they need to seriously consider going into admins

I have never received my policy approval or policy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

I am still waiting on my policy to come through. I have tried calling several time and waited for over half an hour and never got through. I emailed with no response. Yet you have taken my money.

Never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Awful
You kept asking for my previous insurance details, i supplied, you kept asking, i supplied more, this went on for 3 weeks.

Had to ring and another 30 mins

Look no further for insurance best price and customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

My insurance policy was tailored to meet my needs. Staff were happy to help when I altered extras. Excellent customer service it was a pleasant surprise left me feeling reassured. A welcome change to other providers.The online site is easy to use and works efficiently.

Good customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Good value salesperson Priscilla recommendation for a 10 months policy to assist with rating. Policy was easy to set up prompt response to online quote.
Customer support rated good needed to run back re 2017 compliance of vehicle

Exactly what I was looking for! Very happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

The policy was great value, easy to setup & the Customer Support was very obliging & very helpful, I would be very happy to recommend Budget to my friends & family!

New Insurance Policy - seems a good plan

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

The Budget Direct policy appears to be excellent value. The policy was easy to set up on line. So far no unpleasant surprises and I am pleased to have this policy choice.

Great service from the customer service team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

I was with AAMI and friends told me about Budget Direct. I got a quote online and was very happy with the price.

Very satisfied with the customer support team.

so nice to speak to such a nice person

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Policy was very easy to set up. The customer support was excellent . I call and got a hard copy as my printer was not working, it was received a few days later. Well done.

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Very easy to set up and really quick , simple transition process. Easy to get NCD update. Also much less cost than previous Policy. I want to my two another vehicle to budget direct.

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Excellent customer service and appreciated cheapest insurance that is budget direct which is good for all customers who are looking for cheapest car insurance such as comprehensive insurance or compulsory insurance

Budget Direct won't insurance me after I've had bad luck

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

Budget Direct has an interesting system. If you report that damage has been done to your car at no fault of your own then you get black listed by Budget Direct. For example someone scratches your car. From that point on you won't be able to renew your insurance with them.

What makes this worse is that this may also impact you if you try to get insurance from another provider. As you are required to declare if another insurer will not insure you. Doesn't matter what the reason is.

1 of 148 pages

what is the agreed value of a foton ute 2016 model?

Vonnie asked on May 09, 2018

Hello,

When completing a quote the online system initially generates a market value policy quote. If an agreed value is available it will appear on the 'Options' page, once you have selected 'continue online' located underneath the price.

We may offer an agreed value if the vehicle is less than 10 years old; does not have an after-market LPG conversion; and the purchase price is within an acceptable range of the current market value. Otherwise this option will not be offered.

Please note the Agreed Value amount offered is determined by our Underwriters and is non negotiable.

If we can be of any further assistance please feel free ​to chat with us online here or for immediate assistance contact us on 1300 858 747. We’re here from 8am to 10:30pm, Monday to Friday and 8am to 5pm on Saturdays (AEST).

-Morgan

Anyone done budget car insurance in sydney and had accident . please say how is your experience? email me if possible . [email address removed]

Ban H asked on Mar 24, 2018

Answer this

Yes, my son had an accident and Budget has screwed him over totally. 1st putting him at ease by telling him he was covered as he was not at fault, then changing their minds and cancelling his claim. Disgusting and pathetic conduct in general.

Yes. My experience was terrible. Took months to sort out and i had to go to the insurance ombudsman. They didnt want to pay as i had a claim 5 years earlier with another insurer and hadnt listed. The claim woth budget was not at fault. Someone hit my car whilst stationary.
To top it off when you make a claim and cancel your policy they kerp the remainder of your premium
BE VERY VARY AS THEH ARE CHEAP AND NASTY

just do nrma

The policy we purchased with Budget Direct was an agreed value of $30250 and in late Fenruary this year, our vehicle was damaged by someone else. To the untrained eyes and feedback from various independant repairers, the car must be a write-off. Budget Direct think otherwise and provided us with a fixing quote of $21284.75 and if agreed, a salvage quote of $3500. In total $24,784.75 and this is not enough to replaced our car at market value. How can we make a stand on this?

2NE1 asked on Mar 20, 2018

Answer this

I'd need more information to better answer your question. Some of the things I'd like to know are: is there mechanical damage, if so to what extent, also can internal motor issues pop up after the repairs are done. I'd like to think that you should have the option to be paid out or elect to repair the car. Budget Direct won't be out of pocket but the at fault insurer will be out of pocket. Have you got another repair quote to compare the repair bill, you may find that this is higher and may tilt it towards write off. Normally though anything over 75% of the car value is a write off so not sure why Budget has recommended repairs when they don't have to pay out. Sounds as if the insurers are looking after each other. If this was my car, I'd have concerns with the integrity of the structure post repairs and if mechanical, possibly expensive issues down the track that would be hard to prove once you get the car handed back and you would have to pay out of your pocket. Hope this helps.

Thank you Gossy!

Hi. This might be a bit late but you need to go to the insurance ombudsman.
This company likes taking your premium each year but doesnt like paying claims. There are so many exclusions yhst are not disclosed at time of purchase.
I had a shocking experience with them and would advise anyone to stay away from them and choose a reputable insurer to save a few dollars is not worth the mental anguish and fight if you have to claim.

See all 44 questions about Budget Direct Car Insurance