Filter By:

• 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Made to feel like a criminal when claiming, and refused to pay balance of premium when I cancelled

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Having not had a claim in more than 10 years, I switched my comprehensive care insurance to Budget Direct. I wish I hadn’t. Five months after the switch I made an excess-payable claim for a repair to my front bumper. Budget Direct told me they wouldn’t consider my claim until I provided an official copy of my Driving Record. I advised my record was clean as disclosed when taking up my insurance. When I queried the purpose for the record, they said it was ‘standard procedure’ and reassured me they’d reimburse the cost. Got the record (it was clean as I had advised) and some-one else from Budget Direct later advised I shouldn’t have been asked to provide it in the first place. The claims process was relatively straight forward. I was able to take the car to a repairer of my choice. Yesterday, I decided to cancel my policy with them as I have sold my car (and am not transferring my policy to my new car), and was advised I was not entitled to a refund because Budget Direct ‘acted on my behalf’ for the claim back in June. I debated that the excess I paid should have covered the cost of them ‘acting on my behalf’, but I was told no.
In my opinion, while the premiums are probably cheaper they have double-dipped charging me an excess as well as refusing to refund the remaining premium.
And I definitely didn’t like being treated like a criminal! ‘Standard procedure’ Budget Direct? Yeah right – you were looking for a reason to squirm out of my claim!

**UPDATE** Two weeks after purchasing a brand new Volvo I had some guy rear-end me while I was stationary at traffic lights. Thankfully I had taken out insurance with Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Australia (see my other review on them). What a contrast! Insurance like it should be.

Summary – consider very carefully the insurance company you engage. What seems to be a cheaper premium may end up costing you way more IF you make a claim (and isn’t that the reason we take out insurance in the first place?!)

third party

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

satisfied with the price and service so far,i have not made a claim,but i will insure again with Budget Direct

I will not use it again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

I booked on line through Ryanair and got the best prices for four days in Malta; when we joined the desk, however, the person felt obliged to add Euro 11,00 each day, as my husband would drive and not myself; according to the person there, their rule is to charge for an extra driver if the driver itself had not booked directly; will you notice that this issue was not mentioned anywhere in the preliminary agreement shared by Ryanair; it was really the first time to us that we experienced such an issue with a car rent Company; we made our complaint but they were not ready to listen to our experience and give us the money back

Excelent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Service is quicker n better than other car insurance to eassy to contact very very economic to custumers live chat is one of best

Verified Customer

Once a budget direct customer, always their customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I have been their customer since 2013 and their quote on any kind of insurance is always cheaper than anyone else.

I would happily recommend to anyone !!

Easy to deal with and very efficient service

Car insurance for 4 years and just added 2nd car
Nothing else to add.
Good service and easy to deal with

Pretty Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Good service over the phone sorting things out after an accident, though doing an inspection has never been required before in my understanding of owning and insuring cars

It was good price and really easy to apply,

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Just started last month and I found it the cheapest. Also I never needed roadside assistance. In total, it was a good experience, I just got confused by payment and I was promised a 60$ voucher that I did not receive.

Verified Customer

Difficult process to insure used car

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Jumped over hoops to provide photos and existing no claim. Provided no claim % for my other vehicle and told them I have no renewal notice for this car as I just purchased it. Even though I provided proof they wanted the last years renewal for my other car as well! Still didnt know if I was insured over the past 2 weeks from taking out the policy, but they took the full payment. The girl on the phone was useless, so I told her just to cancel the policy and paid $100 more for NRMA which was a breeze to get the policy. Too much stuffing around, I would hate to see the drama involved if I had a claim.

Great information and knowledge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Very competitive quote told me all the relevant information I needed to know and will use them in the future very good service

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

A very good service been with Budget for a few weeks but already happy with the option I decided to made which is great

Excellent saved heaps

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I’ve only been with budget for a couple of weeks and haven’t required roadside assistance yet but glad to know it’s there if I need it

No dramas

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Insured my first car with budget direct , good reviews online and word-of-mouth recommendations. Good sales service, yet to make any claims.

Great priced insurance for a young driver

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I have only been with this company a few weeks but i am really happy with my insurance, i havent required roadside assistance yet

Absolutely terrible company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I have been with budget for a year. I had an accident where I was not at fault, the company would not complete the repairs properly and harassed me, calling me at least twice a day to try give them “proof”. This company is unprofessional and rude, I would urge anyone considering them to find someone else.

Get it done

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Changed from RACT to Budget Direct as it saved me $70 a year for the same level of services. Good deal so happy with change

Awesome cheap insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

New to this insurance company. A few weeks. No I don’t need road side assist.
I don’t drive it much.

Insurance claim made

Car, house and home insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Approximately 10 years of worry free, problem free insurance. Claimed on both house and car and each time it was hassle free easy process to talk with budget from beginning to end, with prompt service that sorted out the issues fast and to my satisfaction. For the premiums charged budget is a excellent company.

So far it has been good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Have only been with you for short time and haven't need to use it yet so not sure how good service is yet

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

After phoning a few insurers Budget Direct gave me the best quote and the best service. My call was answered immediately and the person who answered the phone gave me the quote in a friendly hassle free way. His service and personality were excellent and he answered all of my questions. First rate service by Budget Direct.

1 of 201 pages