Filter By:

Impossible outreach from South America

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Couldn't use their doctors network in Argentina. Try to call to the number on the website (for medical service in South America) and couldn't get through. Hired the service in Brisbane before my trip, when I try to reach them from Argentina (through chat) they said I have to call to a number to be able to know what hospital to use...
Wouldn't use this travel ensurance if going to South America...

Never received any communication

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Never received confirmation or a PDS despite an email stating that I was going to receive one in 24 hours.

First time using budget direct

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

As a first time user the process of getting travel insurance online was quick and easy, and the price seemed good in comparison.

Too early to review policy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

First time I have taken out a policy with BD, ask me to review next June after the trip. The policy seems reasonable, like all insurance policies you will not know good it is unless you need to make a claim

I'm happy with it great stuff

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

this is the first time i use Budget so far I'm satisfied what I can see and I hope you much better what I've used

Melbourne

Private message

Insurance claim made

Great customer service & good value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

I decided to go with Budget for the first time because it was better value than the travel insurer I used previously, so glad I did. I ended up catching the flu whist I was travelling in Hong Kong, and had to go to hospital as an outpatient.
All together it cost be around $1,500 Dollars with all the tests, consultants and medication.

When I got back to Australia the first guy I talked to was super helpful, and once I completed the claim online I for a message back 2 week later telling me that I will getting around $1,300 back on the medical expenses (minus the excess).

Very good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Have never used this travel insurance company before because I havent had many opportunities to travel before. This insurance is good so far because it was very simple and straight forward to use.

excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Twice I have used Budget Direct travel insurance. It is so easy to just call and request insurance. Easy to do and peace of mind. Thank you Budget Direct.

Easy to use, cheap

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Easy to use website, best price with best cover out there. Would recommend the company, however I haven't made a claim as yet, hopefully I won't need too though.

Good value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Each time we travel overseas we always want peace of mind and while we have yet to lodge a claim, your reviews are good

Good quick easy comprehensive

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

Easy to read easy to understand and easy to interpret - liked the full disclosure of the terms just easy

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

This was my first time using travel insurance and was handy to know how easy it was to use even though i didn't get around to using it fortunately it was awesome to know it would have been easy to do.

My special trip to Dubai to see the European tour finish with great players in the Race to Dubai for

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Have never used this company for travel insurance before, only for car insurance. Price was very competitive. Would certainly apply another time for travel insurance.

This is good value travel insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

This is the first time
The policy was good value for money
Had looked at other policies with the inclusions we purchased the budget direct policy

Great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

Great service, easy company to deal with. Highly recommended. Great policy’s to choose from and affordable cover when you need it most.

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

First time and I did not need to claim so will consider using you guys again if competitive when I travel again

Very good product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Easy to apply for no fuss and the price was good the first time i have used the product thanks

Travel insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

This will be our 3rd time using Budget Direct Travel Insurance. We haven't made any claims. Their website is easy to use.

Fortunate

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

First time use, fortunately did not need to make claim. Easy enough to purchase cover, web site clear and mostly consider.

Cheap af

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

It was really cheap and easy to get like legit got it 4 hours before my flight and even though I didn't claim it seems pretty goodo

1 of 12 pages

Planning to travel overseas next year and main concern is the obvious possibility of a 103 year old very close relative dying. She is currently in excellent health and still very able to move around on her own but as with most elderly people, she does take prescribed medication for blood pressure. Does your cancellation policy cover such unforeseen events?

JohnM asked on Nov 05, 2018

Answer this

Perhaps you should direct this question to Budget Direct. https://www.budgetdirect.com.au/travel-insurance/compare-travel-options.html

Hi,I am international student living in Australia for 4 years , I am planning to travel to my country for 1 month and come back to Australia again, the last minute travel insurance could cover my wife and me ?

marquito asked on Nov 30, 2017

Answer this

Hello, please see our frequently asked questions to see if our cover will suit you needs or contact us on 1800 444 424.

Hi, I want to take out a travel insurance policy with you guys to cover the cost of hire car excess if an accident occurs. From what I can make out in the PDS as long as myself and my partner are both listed as drivers on the hire car contract then the 1 policy I take out in my name will cover the both of us? Is this correct? Is there anything that isn't covered e.g. windscreens, punctures etc. as it isn't ver y clear in regards to these in the PDS. regards, Luke D.

Luke D asked on Oct 12, 2016

Answer this

Thank you for considering Budget Direct Travel Insurance to protect you on your journey.

We provide cover for any rental vehicle insurance excess you become liable to pay as a result of damage to, or theft of, a rental vehicle whilst in your control up to the amount shown in the Table of Benefits for the level of cover you selected (not available under Last Minute cover). This can be found under Part 3 – What is Covered in our Product Disclosure Statement.

This cover does not take the place of rental vehicle insurance and only provides cover for the Excess component that you become liable to pay in the event of collision or theft.

Please refer to Section H - Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess of the Product Disclosure Statement for full details, including limits and exclusions that apply such as certain types of vehicles.

If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us on 1800 444 424 (within Australia) or +61 7 5436 1718 (International). We’re here to help from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (AEST).

We look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice.

Yours Sincerely,