Traralgon

Private message

Citibank has worst customer service imaginable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

I had a credit card with them with $13,000 owing but came into some money and was able to pay it off completely. I then set it up to do a direct debit of the whole amount owing each month. However, when the next billing cycle came around, they took $13,000 from my bank account. When I rang them, they said they take the total amount that was owing as at the last statement and totally ignore the fact that you may have paid it off in the meantime!
This is a depth of stupidity which is scarcely imaginable, and as I cannot tolerate stupidity, I decided to close the account. But the problems were only just beginning.
As it was a co-branded card (with the Bank of Queensland), I went to a BOQ branch to close the account. They took the card and arranged to have the account closed, and told me that the cheque would be sent out on the 8th of the month, which was the date of the billing cycle. However, no cheque was issued on that day, so I rang them and they told me that the account was still active, but that they would close it this time. However, I would now have to wait yet another month to get the cheque.
Naturally, I have grave doubts about getting the cheque the second time round. The place is a nightmare. I give them zero stars.

Worst bank- mortgage plus.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

They take forever to approve loans, left multiple entries on my credit file. Their mortgage plus mortgage comes with a credit card, I didn't get it at the start(they didn't approve) , 6 months later I wanted one and they charge annual fee for it as well as package fee for the loan. Stay away from them.

Rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I have open an Global Currency account as it status that it is no bank fee. however, I transferred HK$1000 to my bank account, it charge me HK$150 & HK$120, it was 27% of my transaction fees. Took 3 weeks to response to me. It is robbery .

Perth

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
Private message

Worst bank you can deal with - term deposit

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

The bank attracts new customers with high term deposit interest rates. You transfer your money from another bank and than you have to wait days somebody to call you to finalise your term deposit. After maturity, you go all over again. You spend 30 min on the phone that they can identify you, to be at the end transferred to person to tell you that manager is going to call you in couple of days. When she finally calls interest rate drops rapidly with the excuse that the interest rate you agreed at the beginning was just for new customers. Thank you Citibank, we are done.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

There is much more to this story... Don't even think to transfer more than 100K from your Citibank account to another bank within Australia easily. This is possible only with international transfer... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

No help - wrong information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

When you find yourself in a foreign country with no way of accessing cash after being robbed don’t rely on Citibank to help you. Given the run around by supposed customer service officers; 3 different stories with the final person admitting they couldn’t help. Oh but if I wait 10 -15 days I can have a replacement card. What does one live on in the meantime - fresh air! Worst experience ever!! Don’t trust their staff to know what they are talking about and don’t use their products.

• 4 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 23 helpful votes
Private message

Zero stars!!!! Worst customer service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

All I want to do is obtain a second card on my debit account for overseas travel. It's amazing the primitive way of having to do this - filling out forms and taking them to a Australia Post counter, then wait seven to 10 days for someone to contact you (who never did), and then when no one contacts you, you need to phone (three times in my case) to find out what's happening. You ask to speak with a supervisor, but they can't take your call because they're too busy taking other escalated complaint calls. Unbelievable! If I worked this way, I'd be either out of a job or out of business! So, now, we leave in two weeks, and still no card. I won't be holding my breath to receive it before we go - we can't even receive a phone call! Idiots.

Clearly, the marketing / communications branch doesn't give a rats about their level of customer service - they don't even respond to the multiple one star reviews on this site.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Citi bank prepaid visa gift card.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

Do not buy their visa prepaid gift card. I got a $50 prepaid gift card but after 6 months bank charge fees on the card. I tried to use the car after a year or so as its not showing any expire date but it had no money. They have deducted all the money and when I called the bank they gave me back like $12 for a $50 gift card which I did not use at all. Bank needs that $12 more than me.

Gold Coast

Poor Sevice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Rang re a TD for my 78yo mother. Was told she may do application over phone. She rang , was told she wasn't able to do application over phone. I rang was told application would have to in part be done via internet- which mum doesn't have- and remainder via ID presented at local Aus Post. I filled out internet section, rang and spoke to Citi rep to confirm it was all correct. In application I nominated Mums old email in case she ever has access to internet while also including her landline and address. Advised mum giving her required paperwork to take to AusPost. Mum attended to this on or before the 20th June. Saw mum on weekend asked how it was all progressing, she said hadn't heard from Citibank. She was a bit stressed by the whole process. I contacted them , told me couldn't disclose anything. I just asked for them to contact my mother and please let her know how it was progressing. They advised they had been sending her emails. Told them she hasn't internet and to please contact her by other method. Told me they wouldn't and she would have to ring them. Do they want her business or not? Poor customer service from the onset and while I acknowledge they would try the internet route surely after three weeks of no reply you would as a business try another method. Thankfully my mum's oblivious to it all and I've just asked her to ring the kind people at Citibank again as they need more info to process her application. Oh and this is just an application to set up an account, she then has to set up the TD after all this. Do they understand how difficult this is for people who haven't grown up on it? I think not. Do they care , obviously not.

Private message

A bank that likes to take your money and will not give you access to your accounts

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

They need to work on there customer service at there call centers, useless. I have had a mortgage with City Bank since 2011, I've never needed to use there online banking, but now I do in 2018. I've just been on the phone for an hour or so, try to get access to my accounts and they tell me they can not give me online access or any information as they do not have enough of my information on there system to qualify me over the phone, what a lot of crap....... I said to the guy on the phone, that it doesn't make sense that the bank was OK to give me a mortgage with the same information WTH.......

This is the first time I've had to deal with City Bank since I got my loan 7 years ago and it will be the last. They tell me I have to go to a branch to get access, and as City Bank doesn't have that many branches I would have to travel an hour and a half each way, what a waste of my day. Due to the disappointment dealing with City Bank, I've decided its easier for me to just re-finance with another lender that can give me access to my accounts. All I want is access to my accounts online so I can get access to my statements etc that I need for tax, it should take 5mins, but no......... I was on the phone for an hour, wasting my time. I deal with three other banks and have full access to all my account in less than 5mins. I am so frustrated, disappointed...... I will never use city bank ever again!

Private message

one of the biggest ripper in Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

After 3 years having their credit cards i found they charge late payment fee $10 per week. if you late for month its $40 late payment fee. most expensive i have found so fur.

Private message

Ridiculous waste of time.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

Applied for a personal loan with pre-approval for a much larger sum than requested. Requested original sum, all was fine everything submitted. Then nothing, no contact, no response. Every time I attempted to call the number I was either cut off or told that I must have my phone on speaker phone so they could not understand the number I was providing. Called on my home and work phone still same response.

Attempts to send email enquiry as an option ontheir website. No response. Attempting to contact to withdraw my application and still being stuffed around.
I wish I had read reviews before every looking Citi Banks way!

• 1 comment
  • 15 helpful votes
Private message

Easily the most belligerent bank you will deal with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

I opened a Citibank Plus account so that I can access funds whilst overseas. It is a tempting product as there are no ATM cash fees overseas. However a week before a long European trip I find out that they closed my account without telling me. After calling their useless Manila call centre multiple times over 5 days I finally found out that they will close your account without warning after 60 days of no activity. And logging in is not considered activity, you have to move money around for that. So to resolve the situation they told me to open another account and that would be opened in 2 days and then they would courier me the card for my trip. After multiple discussions and reassurances throughout the week, the day before I left, the call centre person finally admitted that they "don't do that" and that there was no way I was going to get my card in time. If I knew that earlier I could have arranged something else, but now I am stuck for cash overseas and will have to pay through the nose for it.
Worst call centre staff who have no idea what they are talking about - they will just say anything to get you off the phone.

Just Don't....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

I just had to close my account before even using it because they refused to update my phone number.
As silly as this may seem they only way to activate an account is through a pin they send to your mobile number. I've recently changed my number from applying for a Citibank card to receiving it. I called to change my number (easy to do with Commbank) but they gave me the run around and said they would call me back in three minutes. After an hour of waiting I called back, went through the entire process multiple times while being transferred twice and put on hold countless times. Then I was told I didn't pass the security check after asking what communication do I received from Citibank. I told them all the emails I received, they asked if I received any text messages. I said no likely because you don't have my phone number, and then they said I didn't pass the identity check. They advised me to go into a branch, just as they were going to hang up I luckily asked if they ca tell me where a branch is, because they have none in my state. There was nothing I could do. I asked them to cancel the account. They said they were said, but I couldn't use the account without a pin sent to my number, they didn't have my correct number and wouldn't allow me to update it because I wasn't receiving the correct correspondent via text?! I'm just at a loss for words.

Private message

Wont allow certain transactions which should be an individual choice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Suddenly i couldn't pay for my lottery as coles had been taken over by citibank, not spend much on lottery but don't want to be told what i can use my card for a credit card is to use how you want to, my husband and i are both leaving coles card and going to the woolworths card.

• 5 helpful votes

don't do it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

was lured in by their bait term deposit advertising for 3.0% for 12 months. I met their criteria for minimum amount, only to be told is actually is $100,000 higher than their terms and conditions say. Don't waste your time.

Verified Customer

Poor customer service and misinformation

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Worst company I have dealt with thus far. Was given incorrect information on many fronts, unapologetic and rude employees who I had to constantly follow up regarding a transfer request and re-explain on each occasion the action that was supposed to be taking place. Incompetent and rude.

• 21 helpful votes

dont do it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

Citibank may well be the worst bank in the world no customer service in Australia, Indian call centres are barely understandable, everybody lies to you, promises of call backs never happen, no returned emails ,nothing!!! if your life is calm and peaceful and you want to be angry and frustrated then Citibank has it all for you

Pathetic customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2018

Pathetic Customer Service trying to close an account has taken 5 separate dealings, each time being put through to another area multiple times still with no result. Extremely frustrating.

Do not do it

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

I have a redi credit card through them i went through a 3 month hard ship they said from this call i dont have to pay anything for 3 months then after 3 months they sent me a bill for over 400 so i rang them they said i was wrong and the last person i spoke to was wrong to say that so i payed it couple days before default then my card got blocked, so i rang them again they said i payed it after the default time. I was like that's 2 from 2 people at citi leading me astry so i though it block me i wont use the card ill pay my monthly epayments till cards full then I'll snap it never use it again 2 months went past of me paying ontime i get my next monthly bill except this time saying I'm in default got to pay the whole balance 7800, immediately so i rang again went off my head this person said because i was defaulted over 3months ago, this is the result but let me make a payment arrangement so i dont go into default listing i said i gee thanks but if it wasn't for you useless phone operators, i wouldn't be in this mess this was a supervisor i was speaking to this time so for 3 weeks I've been payin 50 a week till 21 Sept like i got told and today i get another bill saying min payment 205 for the month. I give up i don't know what to do or who to talk to so do yourself a favor do not get any citibank products.

Mount gambier

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Horrible customer service and useless call centre operators

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

Applied for a credit card 7 weeks ago, submitted all required information (identity and payslips) then. have been contacted 5 times since to ask for more information that was already submitted before. Every time you have to deal with Indian call centre people who are hard to understand and have no common sense. Most frustrating application i have ever experienced, in contrast was approved for a black credit card with ANZ in a few days vs this constant irritation from call centre operators. Will never consider another citibank product due to their horrible and frustrating customer service. Hope cancelling this card is not as painful as opening.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes