Doesn't even deserve 1 star!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

I lodged an application for a credit card at the beginning of November and was conditionally approved. I submitted my documents in branch and was told i would hear from them within the next week. I did not hear from them!!
After the hassle of me calling them 5 times and being told my documents were being reviewed. I called today only to be told i would have to submit another application because their system automatically deleted it because it had been over a month. They are the ones who did not contact me telling me they required any further information or anything. Worst customer service ever!!!!!!!!!!

Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

Commonwealth is an actual joke.
I have reported to commonwealth staff that someone has used my card while I'm in overseas. So they have returned my money and closed my card, they have told me to wait 6-14 business day for a new card. I have waited 8 days and called staff, not being helpful told me to wait a few more days. I have then called a week after regarding my card. They have told me it got lost in mail, sent a new one did not come at all and has wondered why and sent another one to a different address and was told someone had sent it back although i have been checking in the mail box every morning and afternoon..... i have had no card for the past month and was told to wait another 6-14 business day!! I am not happy!

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Petty thieves with zero interest in loyal customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

I have been loyal customer to this mob for 15 years, which is obviously my biggest mistake, very soon to be corrected. During that time, I count on my on hand's fingers the times when I contacted this bank for something and was not abused or mishandled. You name it - senseless waiting times, hanging up on people, rudeness, threats, treating clients like criminals, incorrect charges, outlandish fees, refusal to dispute obviously fraudulent transactions, blaming customer for their own errors, sneaking in fees for non existent cash advances, incompetence, increased interest rates on home loan, etc, etc, seen it all. Enough, moving out as fast as I can, especially after reading all the other reviews Anyone else noticed they do not reply to any reviews here? Not surprised at all.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Have had a credit card for over 30 years mind you started with other bank that was combined with another bank and became that bank card then eventually taken over by Commonwealth bank so hence defaulted to Commonwealth Bank Visa card. I had not changed addresses or anything but had not received any mail from them for some time I kept my account as a second emergency account mainly for overseas travel if Mastercard cannot be used. I have paid only fees on the card for numerous years but thought it worthwhile as it was a backup. I did not receive notice from the Commonwealth Bank for some time. Then while I was away overseas for a month thankfully not needing to use this card. A statement and a letter then a legal letter was sent to my home address. As I had not responded as I did not know about this my card was cancelled - when I arrived home and found some mail finally I paid immediately - as I was notified that the card would be cancelled if I did not respond in 7 days I rang and explained that I had just returned home and my card had been cancelled. Speaking to the customer service person I logically would expect that on payment the card could be reactivated. I was told this was not possible as I had been notified. I cannot believe that with statement and letters within two weeks (while I was away) a card could be cancelled so quickly. I was told that I could apply for a new card. Well I am sorry to say to the Commonwealth Bank that this will not be happening and I will save from now on my $25 a year for nothing. (have never had to use alternative on any overseas trips). I will never personally be dealing with the commonwealth Bank again If I do require another credit card it will not ever be a commonwealth bank card.

• 1 answer
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Biggest thieves in Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

All up 28 years as a customer with this bank, in the last three years I have had $300 stolen from my account, via unauthorised transactions and card skimming. Each time I get a letter saying it was my fault, and never get my money back. The latest was $100 spread over three extra withdrawals that I did not make from an ATM. They won't even check the footage, I just got a letter saying likely it was my fault case closed. This is the last straw for me with this bank. After the recent royal commision revealed so many breaches, I don't know how anyone could consider doing business with this bank. If this was a one-off occurrence, maybe I could put it down to a mistake, but this has now happened to me on three separate occasions! They don't even bother investigating properly by checking camera security footage! $100 is a lot of money to a pensioner especially right before Christmas.
Customer service is seriously lacking, I've even been refused service over the phone because the rep didn't think I was who I said I was. For the last three years it's been one thing after another with this bank. Available balances being debited for transactions that happened a week prior, direct debits being rejected despite there being funds in the account. Their whole system is a sham, I can't budget my money effective with this bank.

I will not switch to another bank, exellent service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

9 years with CBA. The only positive experience. I have a NetBank Saver, Smart Access, Credit card and Travel Money Card. Bank trusts me - I trust to my Bank , and continue to recommend this bank to my friends. Merry Chrismass and best wishes for Team.

Apple Pay

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

Still haven't adopted Apple Pay. I've discussed multiple times with CBA - and they have repeatedly stated they have no intention of deploying Apple Pay. Poor customer service

Perfect Customer Service. Perfect Products. No other bank I want

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

I’ve been with this bank for over two years & have only experienced reliable, extraordinary service. I have a NetBank Saver, Smart Access, GoalSaver and a credit card account. I will never switch to another bank & continue to recommend this bank to friends and family.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Loyalty means nothing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

I have been with CBA for over 20 years. I have an excellent credit score. Credit card always paid on time, pay goes straight in. Well. I was approved for an overdraft on an everyday account with them and I preffered this option to a credit card. So I call and apply for a lesser amount than they offered me. It was then declined? Not the first issue I have had with them recently and I am so over it. I will be paying out my credit card this month and going elsewhere. Disgusted.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Delete my review. I will try to sort this out once again with them directly and hope that I have a better outcome.

• 7 helpful votes

Con bank no Wealth

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

This con bank cannot be trusted, despite all the bad news these people are cheating everyone. Now we have all the call center in the land of plenty.
Liars, undertrained, incapacitated life-forms that cannot even resolve a simple problem. When you ask for one specific service, and you receive another, that is proof enough these people are terrible. Useless explanations and in addition, they try harder and harder to justify their stupidity. Best thing to do is to find another bank which has at least people with good character and not like these low integrity from "Con Bank"

Gold Coast

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

I will never bank with or get a home loan through CBA again.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Worst experience with a bank. Through any other bank all property settlements have been the standard 30 days and everything was perfect. Through CBA Commonwealth Bank settlement is still going after three months due to their incompetence.
So far it looks like they have LOST paperwork and most of the time your dealing with someone they are never there because they are always away.
Their fees are higher and their customer service is absolutely appalling.

Absolutely appalling customer service In Woy Woy...unprecedented

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I rarely go into a bank however my father required that I get smaller denominations from a larger sum so he had the right money to pay for services for in home care. It is only 5 or 10 dollars but it has to be paid weekly using the right money. I was first in line behind a man who actually had a trolley full of change to deposit - Christmas banking. After a 25 minute wait I had plenty of time to read the sign that advised Cth Bank customers that staff are people too and should be treated as such, seems a little rude for a bank to lecture all customers for the minority of peoples bad behaviour to me. The next lady in the cue had a 95 year old mother with her whom she was assisting with her banking - they also received very bad customer service, including unapologetic wait times.

After waiting from being first in line for 25 minutes the teller called me over to say, Can I help you? no hello, no sorry about the wait and certainly no call for help to the 2 people in the neighbouring room who had zero customers and were busy chatting away. I asked if there was a customer feedback form only to be asked with hostility was I going to complain. I said I just had some feedback and would like to submit it. I was told to go to the other counter and wait - alas the trolley man was now there having a great chit chat to the other lady who previously had no customer. I explained I had been directed to ask her for the feedback form she advised me she had been on holidays and didn't know where they were. Then she told me to wait...again. I politely declined as I felt that after I had been in there for 30 minutes that was more time than I ever wanted to spend there again. The staff are angry, rude and hostile and the Manager is happy to perpetuate the rudeness of fellow staff. One thing they all share is the dislike of the customer - amazing considering all the trouble Cth have had would't you try a little harder?

Terrible Customer Service - Negative rating

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Untrained staffs n the New Castle Call Centre of CBA

I am a customer of Commonwealth bank from longtime, call centre CBA New Castle is the worse ever. Blake ... rudest person who works as the call centre customer service rep. His manager, Chad not better at all. You ask to help with the internet banking password reset, they send you to the branch. What is the point of having your service as the call centre ?Where is your satisfactory customer service??? NONE

Will be closing our joint account and moving on. If I could , I would give them NEGATIVE RATING
Suggestion to CBA - please train your employees,
very untrained and disqualified staff. Time wasters from start to finish.

• 5 helpful votes

Delayed callback

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Enquiring about a disputed payment. Waiting for a promised callback.
3 years and counting.
Not long to live.
Please hurry.

brisbane

• 14 helpful votes

terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Made a call to 1300057072 to change repayment type. The rep is rude and talk like a robot. I don't want to talk to such a rude arrogant person thus hang up . worst of the worst. I'm moving to other banks.

Worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

I called customer service on 132224 during the available hours with regards to change in repayment of our joint home loan. I waited for 1 hour 33 minutes and 1 second for the next available customer service rep to answer but no one answered and after waiting for so long I had no choice but to cancel my call. CBA should seriously improve their service as working people can only call them after 5pm for joint account matters which is wasted in more th as n ons hour waiting time.

Went to 342 Victoria Avenue to check the progress of our business account. Unfortunately the custome

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2018

Worse banking experience in my life. I am not surprise if this is happening for all the banks in Australia. But I would not expect for Commonwealth bank. Staffs are great but system are lack of information.

Every banking system should be able to provide the status of their clients applications. In this situation, the details could not be found and customer service also could not provide an explanation what is the problem.

All details have been supplied to the bank prior to this visit plus ID check in person. So, why is our application is not showing up in your records?

We have decided not to continue with this application and we are moving to another bank.

Also, staffs lack of knowledge and mannerism. Need more training to stay competitive.

James

Worst bank in too many ways

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

I can’t be bothered to explain the many reasons this bank has peeved me right off including today and ove lost money over their system!! They won’t accept that it’s their fault so I’ve decided to make this honest review!

Gold Coast

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Have been a memeber for 15 years. Worst customer service as of recent. Will be looking at moving to a different Bank!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes