Identity stolen..no support from the commonwealth bank

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

I had my identity stolen through NetBank in August 2018. Commonwealth approved two loans to someone within a month ..one $12,000 the other $27,000. No one from the bank contacted me to verify it was me! They have shut down ALL accounts, no one has called to explain what’s happened. I did everything the bank asked of me..reported the crime to Acorn, signed a statutory declaration with the bank to say it was not me that requested the loans. Not one person from the bank contacted me to give me an update and when I did ring the security dept I had to wait over 30 minutes on hold. Very hard to do when you work full time. Even when I did get through, they gave me the same spiel...but no direct answers as to HOW my identity was stolen etc.. my question of HOW the bank approved two loans in a month of such high amounts without calling to verify this with me is something I am taking up with the banking ombardsman here in Perth. However, the straw that broke the camel’s back and has confirmed my decision to move banks was ....when the commonwealth bank withdrew from my savings account the first month loan repayment of $590 for these personal loans ! And after the commonwealth bank said it ‘their error’ and would be rectified..over a month later I have yet to see my money and yet to have someone from security explain to me how my account was compromised?! Makes me think someone within the personal loans department did not follow correct protocol before approving these huge loans or someone within the bank has committed a criminal offence. My loyalty with the bank after 33 years means nothing to them. I don’t have millions of dollars..I am a nobody to them. To me they are a disgrace and I will tell everyone about how I have been treated and advise people to change banks if they are with the commonwealth bank. Finally,I do not trust their security systems.

FRAUD BANK (SCAM $12000)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

SCAM with me $12000....same day inform to bank,they didn't stop fraud transaction....bank recall just $2050 and they offered me to do full and final settlement of $5000...i declined the offer.... still didnt get my money back($9950).....bank wants me to compromise for MY MONEY......i suggest to another customers as well,do not put your hard earned money in this bank because this bank is fraud......this bank is harrasing me.

One woeful pathetic bank

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

The Commonwealth Bank is the most woeful bank i have ever dealt with. You dont even want to have to raise a security issue with them, as when you do you can kiss goodbye access to any.of your accounts for months on end whilst their useless staff fumble about from one to the next promising you callbacks, resolutions,ete etc but no one ever calls back,the so called specialists in charge of matters have still not done aything about the matter and after more than 2 months i am still locked out of my accounts. Oh but mind you they still charge account fees whilst this goes on. Some advice...if you have ANY security issues with ANY Commonwealth account...i suggest you withdraw all your funds,close your accounts and.move onto another bank as this useless incompetence bank are useless at resolving simple matters!!

sydney

• 3 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Deceitful and misleading

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Been with commonwealth for over 2 months. Bank system and platform is great though cannot stay with a bank that isn’t experienced enough to lead their customers on an honest experience. It all started when i asked them for an overdraw of my account until my next payment goes through. At the time a had not had any deposits on the account which i accept being declined the first time though the answer from the manager was once we see 2 or more payments into your account, we can and will allow such a request. I walked into the branch after 2 payments had gone through and asked if they could complete my request. Their answer was no we cannot and will not fulfill that request due to their assumption that it will leave me in a worse situation than if they had declined my request. So much for the customer in this situation, and Id assume it’s ok to assume that they don’t care about customers as the majority would believe.

Anyway ended up so angry without expressing such, walked over street to the nearest bank to sign up to another bank. Got that done and in the process asked the bank for some scissors to cut my old card from commonwealth. Cut it up in front of her, walked over the street afterwards and threw the cut up card on the floor of the commonwealth bank in Cronulla and walked off a happier person in the end.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Never purchase a home loan product from CBA

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

I have been with CBA since 2007 when I had my first home loan with them. I returned to CBA in 2016 with my 2nd home loan as I trusted them. Within the first 6 months of my variable interest rate home loan, the RBA lowered the interest rate by 0.5% however much to my disbelief the CBA was among the minority of banks that did not pass this to its customers. Now, 2.5 years later, after NO movement from the RBA, the CBA are increasing my home loan variable interest rate by 0.15% - I fail to see ANY reason for this and I am beyond upset with the 36 month contract I am locked in to. I will never do business with this dishonest bank again, nor will any of my businesses and partners. I realise this will be of no consequence to them as I am a very little fish in a big sea, but I hope if enough of us "little fish" take our businesses elsewhere it will send the message that passing on interest rate increases is understandable, not passing on interest rate drops and increasing rates for no reason is not the way to do good, honest business. Integrety is a word that the CBA clearly has no concept of.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

City

• 13 helpful votes
Private message

Poor service. Premier pricing.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Been with them for 11+ years. I was offered a personal premier banking service with them due to my income and loan size. I did not ask for this. But having this service has made banking harder than it used to be. Normal staff are unable to provide certain services as my profile is flagged to go through the premier banking team. And the service from them is atrocious. They take forever to respond and are unapologetic when they finally do return calls.
Go with cheaper rates because you’re not going to get the service that you’re paying extra for at Commbank.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Card activation

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Over 6 years been with commbank. However trying to activate my sons new bank card, first time being with commbank, and it asks to register for commbank online first requiring a pin number on the card I am trying to activate for him. Pretty sure I have to activate the card to set a pin first before being asked for one.

Not happy with this poor instructions.

Adelaide

Good bank

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

One of the best banks in Australia office great service and solutions for your financial needs and the app is a great help when you need to transfer money from place to place

MELBOURNE

• 1 answer
Private message

Terrible and incompetent customer service. Combiz registration is absolutely a joking process.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

I have been with the bank for 12 years. I like personal product Netbank as it is a great product, but Combiz for business is a terrible one. Take so long and complicated process to add a user. Customer service staff is impolite and not helpful in clearly explaining the process. The system is not better other banks' products, if not worse.
Visiting South Melbourne branch further confirms the staff incompetence. After picking the forms from a girl, I came back to see a male staff who did not understand the process and asked so many questions, then he called our relationship manager who later told him "just sent everything to me after the form is signed". The next day I came back and was greeted by another guy who was about to go over again with same stupid questions. I told him I just wanted to submit the form. He told me to wait for few minutes. After running around for 20 minutes to see his manager, he came back and said "all' good, we will send the form this address (given in the form)".
Moving bank is one of my top priorities now.

Private message

Was just on the phone to them boi they so rude!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

I been with this bank for 13 years.
Bank was fine until today.
Customer service over the phone was so poor made me angry.

Hope less

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

I had bad experience with common wealth bank.
I deposited extra money in to my account now they asking me proof of deposit.

Consistency and Communication

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

Re international travel, this has been a minefield to navigate with appalling standards of communication, no consistency and lack of information provided not only by a branch but also by the call centre resulting in an adolescent being stuck in a foreign airport without any resources to purchase food and drink despite being reassured by the call centre that everything was in place - before travelling.

Breach privacy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Been with this bank 15 + years and in all my experiences with them i have never been more appalled..
They have breached my privacy and had police turn up all because i tried applying for a loan as I'm in hardship and trying to get out which they weren't interested in helping other than sending police to my door for no reason at all (yes they came then they left cause they had no reason for being here. Police even apologised for whats happened)...
If this is how you treat people seeking help then shame on yous!.
I will now be changing banks as i no longer feel safe banking with yous!!!.

Windsor

Verified Customer

No communication, No answers, Nothing but excuses

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Ask anyone, building your first home should be a happy and pleasant experience - getting a home loan with commonwealth bank has dampened this expectation. The simple things like basic communication is non existent, Paying a payment on time has never happened, Always an excuse for poor performance. You call and leave a message, to no call back. I’ve even had to go to the efforts and call a different branch to get my lender to call me. Who is the customer here? Our lender lacks the empathy to understand the emotional and stress it puts its customers under when they can’t enjoy their brand new home because he couldn’t follow up on a clients application. I am underwhelmed and disappointed in commonwealth bank.

No Apple Pay

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

No Apple Pay...this is a game changer for me...i don't carry my mobile phone but use Apple watch instead. I will probably get a ANZ credit card to use Apple Pay.

closing times are 4pm yet cannot get them on their phones even at 3.15pm???

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I have been a long standing client & when i wanted to call a local Comm bank to ask a simple question at 3.15 pm it went into recording. closing time is 4 pm, they had 45 min of working time left & yet no one to answer the phone? i tried another 3 Comm banks in the area, same thing & then decided to go to another area & called another 2 same again. recording! By that last one it was 3.20 pm they had 40 min to go till closing time. This is not good customer service, the service from stores should end at exact time of closing not 1 hour 45 min 40 min before.

Bad customers service werribee plaza

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Werribee brunch is the worst... although most teller are really nice but all the managers and supervisor are so rude. They rather stand at the door than serve customers that are waiting to be served by 1 teller who is doing their best. They never have enough tellers on, always asking customers to use the machine even tho machine takes way longer and staff are not very helpful that are standing around the machine. They should Stop forcing people to use the machine!!!

Private message

Home loan cleared and then more fees after final payout

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

What a sham. Paid off my home loan by getting the final payout figure. After I paid off the loan the cba told me that they forgot about $152 I needed to pay but no one can tell me why - disgusted

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Home loan got approved but on the settlement day, CBA canceled

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

I have been long time customers over 25 years, I have to refinance and they pre-approved. So we organised rhe settlement date, since then CBA have no responsibilities, not given enough informations and all they have been giving false informations. Finally. I got fully approved and CBA booked the settlement time and date. They suddenly postponed an hour later then they canceled. Now I have to pay penalty on daily bases then if I can not have a loan, we are going to loose the house. They are absolutely hopeless and I am so disappointed. I want to change to different bank but it is too late now.

Disgusting service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

The Commonwealth bank in hornsby westfields has the worst service I have ever seen.
They had me sit down and wait for 15 minutes just to verify my I.D for opening up a bank account online ONLY to serve two other people before me.
Then when one of the workers gets told to serve me since I've been waiting a while.. she looked at me up and down and says she needs to make a call and tells me to wait.
I believe they are racist because i am middle eastern and that is the reason they treated me that way and i will never ever go back there again. disgusting!

1 of 47 pages