Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

Conrad Martens came out to clear my grandparent's drain. The plumber was on time and did a good job. Great Customer service.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Thanks for your review Ash. We're glad we could help your grandparents out with their blocked drain. Hope to help you again next time you have a plumbing problem.

Brisbane

• 1 question
  • 4 answers
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Blind Faith

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2018

I called Conrad Martens on the 3/1/18, being the forth plumber I called as no one else was working over this period, I chose them because they were local to my area and promoted their leak detection abilities. They did go through their fees and charges over the phone before attending, and I agreed as the leak I could hear sounded directly under my laundry doorway step, I didn’t think it would take that long to detect and repair. Over a period of 3 days with 2 or 3 plumbers (all very pleasant and polite) were on site on and off at any one time, and finally on day 3 the pipe with the leak was found under the laundry doorway step, this was found after digging a 1 metre square hole in my patio cement because that’s where they thought (not know, but thought) that’s where the pipe would be, but wasn’t. Then after several other offered options they chipped out a few bricks from the doorway step to find the pipe exactly where the sound was coming from, I was advised as a first option to knock a hole in my laundry wall where the pipe ran diagonally across and up the wall, and punch out a brick to the outside of the house and join and run a pipe around the exterior of the house to bypass the leak, which he suspected, but not sure, was on the corner of the house as they usually are I was informed. I did not agree to this option, the second option was to remove my glass sliding door and timber surrounds and try to find the actual point of the leak that way. I did not agree to this option either, the third option was to knock out a few more bricks to the corner of the house where the suspected leak might be, I agreed to this option and the leak was found and fixed within 10 minutes. The costs for me to repair the patio hole was $400 and the bill I received for this service was for over $2,000, I am challenging this figure, but so far cannot reach an agreeable figure which I claim should be for day 3 only. Still disputing this. Blatant overcharging and overservicing. Unable to come to a satisfactory settlement but was threatened with more charges if I didn’t settle without involving a mediation officer and removing my review from this site, I had no choice but to settle and agree to this threat, so will have to delete this review on receiving a paid in full receipt from this company. Will never recommend them to anybody ever. Decided to amend my post to show a favourable outcome as agreed, very glad to end this, that’s about as good as it gets for me. Then decided to delete as per the agreement terms when the message from this site came up saying that removal of a product review is not legal as part of a settlement agreement, so not so sure now if I have to remove or not!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Exceptional Professional Service and Great Outcome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

I had tried to get two local Plumbers to check a blocked storm water pipe, do a water compliance certificate and install a dishwasher. They gave me the runaround for over a week with no result and informed me if the pipe was blocked they would provide another quote to have it fixed. So I called Conrad Martens and was greeted by exceptional and helpful phone staff and then switched though to Warren who said he could have all that completed by lunchtime that day. His promise was kept as someone discovered the stormwater drain was blocked and fixed it immediately and all other jobs completed promptly and professionally. They were on time and their service was exceptional. I highly recommend this company and will definitely be calling them first for all my plumbing needs.

Washer replacement

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

We believed we were overcharged without being informed of the minimum charge. After discussion eventually a fair price was agreed.

Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

i was in the middle of doing renovations and needed a plumber to seal of one LPG outlet and reposition another so I rang you guys as you replaced my hot water system not that long ago. From the initial contact on the phone and plumber Bruce coming and doing the job was all top notch. Conrad Martens set the benchmark for customer service. I would highly recommend you guys to everyone.
Thanks and keep up the good work.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Tony, It's great to hear your comments about our plumber/gas fitter, Bruce. We're glad we were able to help you out with your gas fitting job. Thank you for your review.

Consistently Good Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

Every time we need professional plumbing work done at our home we don't hesitate to call Conrad Martens.All of the staff are helpful and their work is most commendable.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi 'Retired tradesman'. Thank you so much for your comments. It's great to hear your feedback on our staff and standard of work.

Excellent and Efficient Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

I found Conrad Martens Plumbing and Hot water to be polite and helpful when speaking on the phone, they knew exactly what was needed. I required a new hot water unit and resulting from call at 8am i was promised a plumber on site at 1.30pm. He arrived as promised at 1.30, the work was very neat and professionally done and finished by 3.30pm.I would definitely use this company again.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Mike, We're glad you were happy with our hot water service & that it was all carried out efficiently and the work was done neatly. Thanks for your review.

Prompt Efficient Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

So pleased that I chose Conrad Martens Plumbing and Hot Water to do my plumbing repairs. Not only was the plumber polite and respectful, but he also arrived promptly and conducted the repair jobs efficiently. The fridge magnet is a permanent fixture on my fridge. As an added bonus, I also received a pensioner discount.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

HI Poppy, We're glad you chose us too. So happy to hear your comments on our service and hope we can assist next time you have a plumbing problem.

Great service for everyone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

Conrad Martens plumbers would be the most efficient and patient people I have dealt with as far as tradesmen. They arrive, do the work and leave everything clean. As an older customer they always explain everything and on occasions have picked up on another problem and fixed that. Tradesmen like these are one reason I am still living in my own home. I know if there's a problem I can count on them. Also must mention office staff. Wonderful and always courteous.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Belinda, It's so nice to hear our plumber fixed up your problem and left everything tidy for you. Thanks for your review. It's nice to hear feedback on our office staff too - it's really appreciated.

Good realiable tradesmen can be hard to find. I have used Conrad Martens for years and still the same service. Thank you.

Perfect service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

Our old hot system was leaking water so I phoned Rheem Hot water for advice. They connected me to Conrad who sent a plumber to investigate. The plumber arrived within an hour and determined the it was beyond repair and suggested a replacement which I agreed. The new hot water system was installed two hours later. We are very happy for their prompt service. Definitely will contact them again for any future plumbing service.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Peter, it's great to hear we provided same day service with your Rheem hot water problem. Thanks for your comments.

Verified Customer

They came, they checked, they fixed my drain!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

2 guys came promptly, i pointed them to the problem drain.They saw the problem and fixed it inside 20 minutes. Very happy

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Great to hear we were able to quickly fix up the problem with your drain. Thanks for your review.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Avoid these plumbers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

These are the most expensive and inefficient plumbers I have encountered and I am 60 years old. They took a day and a half to discover a leak which turned out to be very obvious in the front yard near the meter. They charged me full rates for two "plumbers" who told me they were first year apprentices and who spent hours (slowly) digging up the yard while watched by a supervisor who I also paid for, even though he spent most of his time watching his young workers. The bill ran into thousands. I almost passed out when I received it and was going to challenge it in a Tribunal when they agreed to negotiate. They kept promising to reduce the charges but then would hardly budge. Disgraceful. Would not recommend them to anyone. This is the first time I have written a review but I felt compelled to warn others.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Good communication is always the key to a successful outcome. Unfortunately, there were communication difficulties with Mrs Jang. The leak was difficult to locate and required specialised leak dete... read more »

Excellent company that stands out from the rest!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2017

From first phone contact with the courteous, helpful and efficient admin staff to the successful resolution of my aging and troublesome solar system problem, I was pleasantly surprised. The plumber assigned to my job arrived on time, was professional and efficient and unwavering in his attempt to find a solution to the problem. I am so grateful that this company provides such an excellent service. I have been a client now for several years and have always been happy with every transaction.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Thanks for your comments about our plumber and the office staff too - we really appreciate it. If the need arises, we hope we can be of service to you in the future.

very professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2017

The service man came on time and fixed the problem in just one hour. Strongly recommended Conrad Martens ! It is a relief that you know when they come, they will do a great job and you can just focus on other things.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

We're glad our plumber was able to efficiently sort out your plumbing problem. Thanks for your comments.

Great Plumber - excellent service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2017

We had a hidden water leak and the plumber worked very hard until he found the problem. We were kept notified as to when he would arrive and even arrived earlier than expected which was great. The office staff are friendly and efficient and the plumber was friendly, knowledgeable and did a wonderful job. We are extremely happy with the service and the account and would not hesitate to recommend Conrad Martens Plumbing. Thank you - we are most grateful for such an excellent service.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Thanks for your review Pierre. Glad to hear we were able to sort out the water leak to your satisfaction. Thanks again.

Professional, proficient, perfect plumbers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2017

I called in with a burning issue, my call was returned during the weekend with immediate advice and a plumber attended first thing in the morning. in 15 min he fixed my problem.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Tali, It's great to hear from you regarding our service. Thank you for your comments.

Conrad Martens was fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

Arrived on time, did a great job, came back and completed perfectly. They have been our plumbers for years and we would not hesitate to recommend them

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Beth, Thanks so much for your comments. We're happy you've been pleased with our service over the years and hope we can continue to be of service to you in the future. Thanks again.

Excellent service - Thank you!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

We were very impressed with the service provided by Conrad Martens. The Plumber was on time and very efficient. He was thorough in his investigations and exceeded my expectations. The bill was also reasonable which made it even better. Highly recommend.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi 'JAP'. Thank you for your comments, we really appreciate it.

exceptional workmanship

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2017

Here at Heat On electrical, we would strongly recommend Conrad Martens to anyone seeking plumbing work of any kind. We have recently worked alongside them and have been very impressed with their work ethic, professionalism and experience in all situations. Look no further!

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Thanks for your comment on our service Dan. We hope to work with you again in the future.

Very Professional Plumbing Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

Very impressed with the service provided by this company from start to finish. I had Mitch and Tim come out to replace a section of my rusted gutters, I was impressed with the workmanship of these two tradesman, they also cleaned up after them selves and left the area in a neat and tidy condition. The tradesman's were on time, very polite and was able to answer all my questions. I would definitely recommend this company to others. Best plumbing company I have used.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Murray, We were so happy to read your comments about Mitch and Tim. Nice to hear you were pleased with their workmanship and that they left everything neat & tidy for you. Thanks for your review.

1 of 2 pages