Verified Customer

New gas hot water system.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Turned up on time, removed old electric hot water system and fitted new gas hot water system in a couple of hours. Tested, and cleaned up after job was done, have used Conrad on other occasions, once again cant fault theses guys.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Stephen, it's great to hear about your hot water job & that you were pleased with our service. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Efficient services

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Reliable plumbing service - always on time and jobs completed with no hassles. Would not hesitate to recommend to others.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Rebecca, Thanks for your comments. We're always happy to hear feedback from our repeat clients and are glad you've been pleased with our service.

On Time and Efficient Job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Conrad Marten responded quickly and efficiently to my leak. The plumber was on time and communication was smooth. All in all a job well done with no hassles

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi David, Thanks for sharing your experience with our service. It's great to hear we were able to fix up the leak for you.

A Prompt response saved our house from major damage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

A burst flexi pipe starting to flood our upstairs ensuite and a prompt response to my emergency call from Conrad martens resulted in a straightforward rectification. We avoided ripping out our wet plasterboard lower floor ceilings following some quick action and a successful repair

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Mark! Burst flexi pipes can cause a lot of damage so we're glad we could assist you promptly. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Roof Repairs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I was worried sick that I would have to replace my roof. I wanted someone who was ethical to give me an opinion about the condition of my roof. I made a phone call to Conrad Martens Plumbing to ask for a quote for repairs to my roof. I received prompt advice over the phone and an appointment was made. Two staff members visited and proceeded to inspect the roof and undertook the repairs needed. I was very pleased with this service. I found that the tradesmen were prompt, courteous and efficient. I would recommend them and intend to have them monitor my roof condition in the coming years.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Joan, It's great to hear your experience with our roofers & that you were pleased they were able to carry out the necessary repairs. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to assist with monitoring your roof in the future. Thanks again!

New Water hot Installation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

Conrad Martens Plumbing are an great company to deal with, on time, on budget, great trades people. We highly recommend them!!!

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

It's great to hear from you Tone. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for us. We hope to hear from you if you have any plumbing issues in the future.

A professional 'partnership' for 27 years!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2018

We have been using Conrad Martens Plumbing since 1991 and feel like they are our personal 'plumbing doctor'. This 'partnership' is based on many years of professional, prompt and personalised service. Many companies say that the client comes first but not all of them 'walk the talk'. In the case of Conrad Martens Plumbing, they 'walk the talk' and this mantra filters through the entire operation from office to field staff. It is reassuring to know that all your plumbing needs (large and small) are in such great hands!

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Peter, It's great to hear from such a long-standing customers. Thank you for your comments. Happy to have been of service to you over the years and hope our 'partnership' continues in the years to come. Thanks again.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

We lost our hot water system on Friday night. We called Conrad Martens Plumbing on Saturday. The office staff was very helpful and promised that a tradie will call back. The tradie called us within 20 minutes and arranged for an inspection around 4PM. He turned up on time, but due to the complexity of the problem was unable to solve it. On Monday the expert arrived and discovered that the problem was with Energex. He has advised us to call them. We did, Energex came and now we have hot water again. To our surprise we were not charged for the initial call out because the problem could not be solved that day. We really can recommend this company. They are reliable and professional.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Martin, that's so unfortunate your hot water system stopped working on a Friday night. Glad our tradesmen were able to help you out. Thank you for your review.

very efficient,

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

everything explained and all on time. No problems, Arrived early am and all done without delay. . Old stuff removed. '

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Jenny, thanks for your review. Happy to hear there were no problems and you were pleased with our tradesman's service.

Prompt, efficient and friendly service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Conrad Martens Plumbing is prompt, friendly and reasonably priced. The quality of their work over the 10+ years we have used them cannot be faulted. Office staff and tradespeople great to deal with. Very happy to attend to large and small jobs, and if something is urgent, they are on the job straight away.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Thank you for your comments. It's especially great to hear feedback from our long term customers. We hope we can continue to assist with your plumbing problems in the future.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

We have used Conrad Martens for more than twenty years for our property, for a wide range of services. These included blocked drains in the property, blocked toilets, bathroom taps, hot water ... For both small jobs to large/major work, we have been very happy with the very reliable services.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

We're more than happy to have been of service to you over the years to help you out with your plumbing problems. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We hope we can continue to be of assistance to you in the future.

Speedy Quality Pump Solution

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2018

Our old pump for the washing machine and toilets kept tripping. Conrad Martens came out, tested it, went and got a replacement and fitted the new pump all within a couple of hours of our initial phone call. It wasn't cheap, but we got a high quality replacement pump installed quickly with no corners cut.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Thank you for your review Micmac. it's good to hear we sorted out your replacement pump quickly and you were happy with our service. Thanks again!

Service the way it ought to be.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

We needed a mixer tap in our kitchen replacing. One call to Conrad Martens had a plumber phoning me and organising to visit me that same afternoon with a replacement mixer tap supplied and fitted straight away. The work was speedy and efficient and the plumber was very pleasant and helpful. He even tightened up my Insinkerator whilst he was here. A job well done. I have no reservations about recommending Conrad Martens to anyone.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Sue, We're happy to hear you were pleased with our service to replace your kitchen mixer tap. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Highly recommend this company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

Prompt and excellent service, replaced element in hot water system and was a reasonable price.
Appreciate the great service and the time they took to explain possible options with approximate costs.
All staff I have dealt with are a credit to themselves and Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water they are friendly and professional.
Congratulations and keep up the great work

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Ally, It's great to hear you were happy with our service, the price for your job and that the plumber kept you informed whilst onsite. Thank you for your review!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Quick, tidy and well priced!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

It was handover time on a job after hours when we realised we had sprung a leak in a wall, stress levels were high after and calling multiple plumbers to no avail we got in touch with Conrad Martens and due to their punctuality, incredibly professional tradesmanship matched with a great price we were able to move forward from our dilemma to get things back on track and finished up in time. Great effort !

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Tom, We're happy to have relieved your stress levels and helped you out with your plumbing problem. Thank you for your comments!

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Avoid if you can.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Expensive, messy and aren't upfront with their prices. After an expensive exercise, I've lost my faith tradesmen. The leak is still not fixed and I got a large bill because they couldn't detect and fix leak. Then came time to negotiate a bill and they tried the pay by this date or else routine. I can not recommend them to anyone who wants a reasonable plumbing job done at a reasonable rate, an actual fix and on time.

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Dear 'Wallygator', We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the outcome of your job. Unfortunately, I have been unable to identify the job you refer to by the information you have provided. As cu... read more »

Prompt, Professional, Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

There is nothing worse than running out of hot water in winter!!! Conrad Martens Plumbing were able to replace my hot water system within 24 hours of my call The service was friendly, professional and prompt - I couldn't be happier...

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Jenn, I agree, cold showers in Winter are very unpleasant. We're glad we were able to help you out quickly and you were pleased with our service. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Canberra

• 2 helpful votes

Replacement - Hot Water System

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

First of all I would like to thank Conrad Martens Plumbing for excellent service in replacing my hot water system.
My positive review is based on the following:
1. Distance: I live interstate and have an investment unit in Brisbane. When I received advice that my hot water system had failed, I contacted Conrad Martens, who had previously undertaken work at the property. My dealings over the phone with Conrad Marten were quick, easy to understand and my calls were returned promptly.
2. Timely: The hot water system failed on a Friday morning. Conrad Marten had conducted a site visit and provided a solution and quote by that afternoon.
3. Problem Solving: When conducting the site visit, Conrad Marten was able to provide three (3) alternative solutions as opposed to simply replacing the same hot water system.I eventually with a completely new system including having the hot water system placed in a different part of the unit.
4. Communication: In explaining the alternative solutions to me over the phone, Conrad Martens explanations were clear concise and to the point. I understood what he was trying to have me visualise.
5. Temporary solution: As the hot water system had failed prior to the weekend, and the earliest available time to replace the system was the following Monday, Conrad Marten offered to put in a temporary system to allow the tenants to have hot water over the weekend.I was grateful for the temporary solution he put in place for the tenants.
6. Value: My real estate agent had obtained a quote from a different provider that was in my opinion extremely excessive. Conrad Martens quote came in at at a price that was definitely value for money and within what I considered a reasonable cost. I felt that I was getting value for money.
7. Overall: The level of service provided by Conrad Marten was in my opinion of a high standard and I would recommend them. Thanks again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Hi Andrew, We can't thank you enough for your review. We're really glad we were able to help you out with your hot water problem and hope you consider us in the event you have any other plumbing or... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

Conrad Martens came out to clear my grandparent's drain. The plumber was on time and did a good job. Great Customer service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Conrad Martens Plumbing & Hot Water Official

Thanks for your review Ash. We're glad we could help your grandparents out with their blocked drain. Hope to help you again next time you have a plumbing problem.

Brisbane

• 1 question
  • 4 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Blind Faith

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2018

I called Conrad Martens on the 3/1/18, being the forth plumber I called as no one else was working over this period, I chose them because they were local to my area and promoted their leak detection abilities. They did go through their fees and charges over the phone before attending, and I agreed as the leak I could hear sounded directly under my laundry doorway step, I didn’t think it would take that long to detect and repair. Over a period of 3 days with 2 or 3 plumbers (all very pleasant and polite) were on site on and off at any one time, and finally on day 3 the pipe with the leak was found under the laundry doorway step, this was found after digging a 1 metre square hole in my patio cement because that’s where they thought (not know, but thought) that’s where the pipe would be, but wasn’t. Then after several other offered options they chipped out a few bricks from the doorway step to find the pipe exactly where the sound was coming from, I was advised as a first option to knock a hole in my laundry wall where the pipe ran diagonally across and up the wall, and punch out a brick to the outside of the house and join and run a pipe around the exterior of the house to bypass the leak, which he suspected, but not sure, was on the corner of the house as they usually are I was informed. I did not agree to this option, the second option was to remove my glass sliding door and timber surrounds and try to find the actual point of the leak that way. I did not agree to this option either, the third option was to knock out a few more bricks to the corner of the house where the suspected leak might be, I agreed to this option and the leak was found and fixed within 10 minutes. The costs for me to repair the patio hole was $400 and the bill I received for this service was for over $2,000, I am challenging this figure, but so far cannot reach an agreeable figure which I claim should be for day 3 only. Still disputing this. Blatant overcharging and overservicing. Unable to come to a satisfactory settlement but was threatened with more charges if I didn’t settle without involving a mediation officer and removing my review from this site, I had no choice but to settle and agree to this threat, so will have to delete this review on receiving a paid in full receipt from this company. Will never recommend them to anybody ever. Decided to amend my post to show a favourable outcome as agreed, very glad to end this, that’s about as good as it gets for me. Then decided to delete as per the agreement terms when the message from this site came up saying that removal of a product review is not legal as part of a settlement agreement, so not so sure now if I have to remove or not!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes