Filter By:

It is a stop gap for peace of mind

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Probably 4 times l have never made a claim so can't say how the claim process works. I mainly use domestic for car hire protection.

Canberra

Private message

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Very good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

We used Cover More once before when travelling overseas to visit Spain and they came through when claiming lost luggage.

Verified Customer

Great insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I use cover more Most times when I travel overseas. It’s easy to purchase online and cover is great value for money.

Insurance claim made

Always feel secure traveling with cover-more

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I have used Cover-more in 6 occasions. Mainly traveling through Asia and have found them to be very helpful and professional

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Jennifer, Thank you kindly for your 5-star review! We are thrilled to hear we have been your travel insurer of choice for your travels on 6 occasions. We look forward to protecting your future ... read more »

Not cost effective

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Way too expensive just for 2 weeks but as pensioners we cannot take it. If we don't make a claim we should get a rebate otherwise its just not worth it.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Neville, We appreciate your review. We do offer policies with different coverage options which you can adjust to suit your budget - for things like cancellation cover and changing your excess am... read more »

Stolen Bag.. NO HELP!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I’ve travelled with covermore twice, but the last time I needed the help of the insurance because my bag was stolen yet they were no help and did not empathise what so ever.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your feedback about your claims experience. Sorry to hear you feel this way! It's important to read our PDS before deciding on our travel insurance. Generally speaking and wit... read more »

Insurance claim made

Check the small print and define previous medical history

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Claim was denied on previous medical problem which even specialist says was not a problem at the time of taking insurance. List everything you can think of which could possibly go wrong, and it would be OK.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Robert, Thanks for your feedback. It is important that our customers disclose any existing medical conditions (EMC) to us so we can determine if cover for that specific condition can be provided... read more »

Overcharged

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Once I changed the dates and was changing them form a 6 day holiday to 4 days I was charged 10$ for the change and no refund given for the extra 2 days I won’t be going was a bit of a rip off I complained and no one could tell me why or even approve any refund for the 2 days.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Sophi, We appreciate your feedback about this. Cover-More has a 15 day money back guarantee, meaning if you wish to cancel your policy within 15 days of purchase, you will receive a full refund... read more »

Never made a claim

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

I cant give a worthy review as I have never made a claim and hope that it stays this way. I have used this company numerous times when traveling

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Elizabeth,
We appreciate your review. Thanks for choosing to travel with Cover-More. We wish you many safe and happy adventures in future.
Cover-More Travel Insurance

When we have had a question always helpful people in the line.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

Our children have been overseas and we have used cover more every time. Including our upcoming trip we have used cover more 4 times.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Julianne,
Thank you for choosing Cover-More to protect your travels. We appreciate your 5-star review and look forward to protecting your adventures in future.

Great peace of mind.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

We have used Cover More insurance on two occasions. We had a claim on our first policy when my wife took I'll. Cover More were very helpful during the incident and easy to work with when finalizing our claim.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Peter, Thanks for your review! We're happy to have been there for you and your wife when she became unwell. This is something we pride ourselves on. We hope she has recovered well and we look fo... read more »

Great Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Were there for me on the other side of the world when needed.
Worked with the hospital for a week while I was there to ensure all went well.
Were very reasonable with my claim even covering taxi fares for my wife to visit me and phone calls.
Paid very promptly on arrival back on Oz.
My only choice for a travel Insurer.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi John, Thank you for sharing your experience using Cover-More. We hope you have made a full recovery from your hospital stay, and we're glad we could be there for you and your wife when you neede... read more »

Adelaide, South Australia

• 5 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Travel insurance, lack of information

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

I am going to the UK next year. I am looking at travel insurance and I had a specific question that Covermore travel Insurance refused to discuss with me. It related to the Rental of a vehicle and the insurance thereof by the rental company. There is an exemption to the policy that it does not cover me if I am making a reversing manoeuvre and also does not cover me to damage to the vehicle that is 6 feet and above. My question to covermore was, does their insurance cover me in the case that a truck hits me and causes damage to the top of the motor, which is over 6 feet from the ground. All I get is generic rhetoric and I should read the PDS, which I have but they offer no direction what so ever. Their response was, make a claim and we will see. When someone is showing due diligence to obtain information from and insurance company and is met with such a lack of information, I consider the insurance cover is less that acceptable.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Kerbarb, We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear you feel this way about your experience. Our Direct PDS defines “Rental Car” as a rented sedan, campervan, hatchback or station-wagon ... read more »

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Amazing travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I have been using this insurance travel company for five years, and I have been always mesmerised by the quality of the service provided, the speed of processing my claims and the professionalism they demostrated.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Andrea, Thank you kindly for your 5-star review! This is wonderful feedback to hear. We are very happy you are mesmerised by the quality of our service. We look forward to protecting your travel... read more »

Reliable company

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Have used Covermore for years and used to sell it as a former Travel Agent. Good reliable company that has been around for a long time. Just beware of having to upgrade or change the policy. We had to upgrade when son unexpectedly had to fly to America from Europe - took ages to get a response and to resolve the issue as despite the fact that my son was only 18 and I was paying for the policy, we had to struggle with him contacting CM from Europe to give me 3rd party authority. Needs to be more common sense with these situations. Also very expensive and had to upgrade the ENTIRE policy and not just the time he was in USA. Would have also caused problems if he'd had an existing or probably claim in Europe.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Rhowena, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you think we are a reliable company. For privacy reasons, we are required to communicate directly with our insured customer. Once we rec... read more »

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Have used this insurance a few times for overseas travel (can't remember exactly how many). It gives peace of mind and although I have never had to make a claim I am sure that Covermore would provide excellent service.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Geraldine,
We are very happy to hear you have chosen Cover-More multiple times for your travel insurance needs. Thank you for your 5-star review! We look forward to protecting your next holiday.

Easy to book

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I’ve used this travel insurance several times and found it very easy to book online. I will continue to use them.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Christine, Thanks for taking time out of your day to provide us with a 5-star review! We are glad to hear you find our travel insurance easy to arrange. We look forward to you choosing to use us... read more »

Happy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

This is the second time I have used it and have no complaints as to the service I have made one claim with no problems

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Anne,
Thanks for your review. We're glad you had a problem-free claims experience with us. We hope you consider us to protect your future travel plans.

Wouldn’t travel without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

5 or more. From Mexico, to Europe and Mauritius . Always easy to obtain insurance, and always well priced. I will always use cover more.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Byron,
Thank you kindly for the 5-stars you have given us! It makes us very happy to know you will always choose Cover-More to travel with. We look forward to protecting your future adventures.
Cover-More Travel Insurance

Never travel without cover-more insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I have used cover-more travel insurance several times with traveling by myself with my partner and with my family. It’d all about piece of mind when traveling and knowing if anything happens we have insurance we trust.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Glenda,
Thank you for choosing Cover-More to protect your travels. We very much appreciate you taking time to provide a 5-star review for us.

1 of 102 pages

Email address for emergency services please?

Ricardo Carlos asked on Oct 02, 2018

Answer this

Hi Ricardo, thanks for your question. If you require the email address to contact our 24/7 emergency assistance team, please private message us so we can help you. You can do so via our Facebook page.
Cover-More Travel Insurance

The policy shown had the wrong dates - should read 2019 for final termination date of the new policy. Regards Phillip Ogg.

Phil O asked on Sep 25, 2018

Answer this

Not sure what your question is about

Hi Phillip,
Thanks for reaching out to us. Please call us at your earliest convenience so your policy can be updated with the correct dates. You can reach us by phoning 1300 72 88 22.
Cover-More Travel Insurance

Went to Europe just recently and had to cut our trip short as well as disembark from our cruise due to the death of my father. We had to rebook flights back home which cost us more money we had to spend plus lost out on the cruise. Can we claim this back?

Vincenza asked on Sep 04, 2018

Hi Vincenza,
Thanks for your question. We are very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Please accept our sincerest condolences. So we can specifically look into the details of your policy coverage, please call us on 1300 72 88 22. All of our customers are welcome to submit a claim for consideration, which you can do so via our website here: https://www.covermore.com.au/claims. Please provide supporting documentation for your claim. Our team will then assess it and will contact you within 10 working days. This contact may be to finalise an outcome or to request additional documentation. Once again, we are sorry to hear about your father's passing and wish you a successful claim.

See all 247 questions about Cover-More Travel Insurance