Launceston

• 3 comments

Daytek Hawthorn Green M58 Rotary Clothesline

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Would not recommend this clothes line to anybody. Bought mine from Bunnings 9 months ago, and it has caused me nothing but trouble, with 5 lines currently broken. They break so easily, am very disappointed, as I use my line a lot, but the heavier the items hanging, the quicker the lines break. I would take it back if I had kept receipt, and box it came in but I didnt.

Comments
Daytek Official

Jenni, We are sorry to hear that you have had such a bad time with our line. We have never heard of the lines on a rotary breaking. We would like to correct this situation. If you could get in cont... read more »

Thank you and will do.

Canterbury Bankstown City Sydney, NSW

• 1 comment
  • 14 answers
  • 49 helpful votes

Tough,serviceable,easy to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

This is my second Daytek 70 litre barrow. I ran over the first one in my ute after five years of use. I fixed it and used it for another three years before giving it to to a family member. It saw plenty of use; stones, gravel, rubble, soil as well as for carting and mixing cement and mortar. For a light weight little unit it carried some serious 70-80 kg loads nimbly. The tubes and tyres are easily replaceable with basic tools. The original galvanising, unsurprisingly, wore off the tray surface eventually, but I just repainted it with a couple of coats of cold gal paint. Keep that up and it will never rust. My new Daytek is of similar quality to the first and I am just as happy with its strength, quality, durability and convenience. It may seem expensive when compared to larger barrows but its sure pays it way in it own manner.

Comments
Daytek Official

Joh31,
Thank you for choosing Daytek once again. You certainly made the right choice.
Have a great day.

• 10 comments
  • 8 answers
  • 20 helpful votes

Disappointing.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

I had a Hills clothesline that I have had for many years, but as the trees had grown creating shade I wanted it moved. Unfortunately once it was folded it refused to go back up so we had to buy a new one. We weren't able to find Hills hoists anywhere and Bunnings recommended Daytek. The blurb on the box sounded very good so I eagerly awaited my new clothesline with all the extra drying space I was going to get. Out I rushed with the wet washing only to find the lines are much closer together than the Hills and although they are all longer I'm unbale to put any more washing on them than I could on the Hills because the extra space isn't enough for anything, and every line is the same so I find I am using far more lines than I did before and I run out of space quickly. It doesn't seem to be the same quality as the Hills, and the handle is pretty lame, it is supposed to fold up but I can't see how, so haven't tried to, and when I went to string my coloured lights back up onto it I found it doesn't have the hole on top so I have nowhere to put the solar panel. So I am disappointed to say the least because I haven't gained anything and I can't even string my lights up. It just isn't the same quality.

Comments
Daytek Official

Pearlz, Thank you for choosing a Daytek. We are sorry that certain features are quite what you were looking for. Many of our design decisions, such as line spacing and so on, come from feedback wit... read more »

Thank you for your reply. I like lots of lights in my garden and I have them strung up all over the place. They were on sale one day so I bought some and strung them up on my clothesline and the ... read more »

Daytek Official

I think I know the led lights that you are referring too. Since the clothesline folds (like most brands these days) they all need a solid cap as a part of the folding capabilities. In regards to th... read more »

Great product. Even better service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Hi to all. I have the MarkII 6 line post to post. I had a minor problem of establishing the right tension of the lines for me. I have info that will rectify the problem. The method being easy and efficient. I love making direct contact via this medium. The response is very timely and staff bend over backwards to assist. First class product with even better service. Thanks for everything. I’m a very, very happy customer.

Comments
Daytek Official

We are always happy to help. Should you need anything further just let me know. Have an amazing week and thank you for choosing Daytek.
Curt from Daytek

It was good to support and speak out about this product and the excellent service provided. Thanku once again, Robbie.

Customer service top class

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

I bought a Daytek rotary a couple of weekends ago. When I got home I realized that someone had opened the box in the store and nicked some of the bolts. I live a long way from the store I bought it from so I contacted Daytek through their facebook page. The marketing guy Curt really went above and beyond and sent me a new set of bolts along with some extra goodies. I cant believe the quality of customer service. It not often you find a company that has this good customer service. I guess that is what you get when you buy Australian. Thanks Daytek you saved me a 3 hours round trip.

Comments
Daytek Official

Brian,
I am really happy we could get this all sorted for you. Unfortunately, these things happen in stores. We are just happy to have saved you such a long drive for a couple of bolts. If you have any further needs, let us know.

Clothesline not holding up

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

My clothesline have not been holding up for sometime that I used a big stick to hold it up. Bunnings referred me to Daytek. I emailed and immediately received a response. Lauren was very helpful and sent Brendan to inspect the unit. Brendan was amazing; showed me how to properly lift the clothesline, and he changed the lines as well. He was spot on the appointment time too. Very happy!

Comments
Daytek Official

Mila,
We are so happy we were able to help. Thank you for your kind words. If there is anything we can do for you in future please just let us know. Have an amazing weekend ahead.
The whole Daytek team.

Awesome product and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

I changed from the old trustworthy Hills Hoist to a modern and sleek fold away unit under my deck. The unit from Daytek is a 5 line unit and not only does it look fantastic it does an amazing job also. Would not hesitate in recommending.

Comments
Daytek Official

Chris,
Thank you for your awesome review. We are certainly happy you chose to make the switch to Daytek. Should you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Have an awesome day.

Excellent and prompt customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

I bought twin fold standalone clothesline. When I trying to assemble I didn't have two elbow bracket , may be I lost somewhere or didn't get it. Then I called daytek and jessica sent me another packet. No hassle and prompt service.

Comments
Daytek Official

Jayesh,
We are just happy to help. I have passed on the positive feedback to Jess. Have an amazing day. And don't hesitate to contact us if we can help further.

Port Melbourne, VIC

• 7 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 17 helpful votes

CHINESE GARBAGE LAUNDRY TROLLEY

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

Bought a Daytek laundry trolley from Bunnings and the back wheel bent on the axel although one load was all it ever carried. No refund at Bunniungs just a credit voucher so out of pocket to purchase another one. Do not buy these weak inferior laundry troilleys as you will be taking them back to the store.

Comments
Daytek Official

Positive Spirit 1, We are sorry to hear that our laundry trolley did not live up to expectations. This is certainly not something we hear often. Did you end up giving the trolley back to Bunnings?... read more »

Bunnings would not give me a refund only a store voucher so am out of pocket to purchase another laundry trolley due to a defective, cheap and nasty product.

Daytek Official

We are sorry to hear that. We can't speak on behalf of Bunnings. If you still had the Daytek trolley we would be happy to exchange it for you. If you have exchanged it at Bunnings for another brand, I am not sure what we can do.
Have a nice day.

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

I contacted Daytek via PM on their Facebook page due to my retractable clothes line having uneven line lengths after a year of use, so I asked how to tighten the lines.
Curt was a great help and offered very easy to understand instructions quickly.
Problem was solved in 2 minutes! :)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Daytek Official

Thank you for the great feedback Annabel. I am always happy to help. Have and amazing day!

Karalee

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer

Clothesline was stuck

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

Sent a pm via facebook, very fast response with an easy answer to my problem after some troubleshooting. Very highly recommended!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Daytek Official

Thank you for the kind words. We are always happy to help. Have an amazing day!

Gold Coast

Fantastic customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

Contacted Daytek about an issue we had with our post for a retractable clothesline. Cannot thank Curt enough for his prompt and amazing customer support. He promised to look into our issue and had a response the next day, providing a solution for us! Thank you again for all your help Curt, 5 star customer service!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Daytek Official

Thank you, Anna, for your kind words. We are always happy to help. If you have any further questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to contact us. Have a great day!

Officer

Verified Customer

Fantastic Customer Service & Warranty Backup

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

Couldn't have asked for any more. Contacted Daytek and told them about the issue we were having with their product. They immediately responded and advised to return product to place of purchase and swap for the 'new improved' Mk 2 version, which we have done.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Daytek Official

Cheers Rob,
We really appreciate the positive feedback. Always happy to ensure that our customers are happy. Have a great day.

Wonderful customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2018

I contacted Daytek regarding a product I had purchased and received exemplary customer service from them. I would highly recommend this company for their products and professionalism in dealing quickly and effectively with customers.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Daytek Official

Thank you so much for the great feedback. We are so happy we could help. Have an amazing day.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

The best customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Daytek is a great brand and when I had a minor fault with a product they stepped up. The customer service was fast, friendly, and they bent over backwards to help me and ensure my experience was as painless as possible. I would highly recommend this fantastic Aussie company.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Daytek Official

Thank you so very much for your kind words. We are always more than happy to help. Should you need anything further, don't hesitate to contact us. Have an amazing day.

Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2018

I love the new air dryer we bought from bunnings! The quality is great! Amazing product- would highly recommend !

Comments
Daytek Official

Thank you for the great review. We think our new air dryers are pretty flash too. Thank you for choosing Daytek and have a great day.

Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2018

I have owned a Hill’s two tiered clothes airer for many years, til the wheels virtually fell off from overuse !! . It was time to buy a new one, so I bought a Tower Clothes Airer from Bunnings. It’s every bit as good as Hills. Some on the market are flimsy, but this is strong and well balanced. Perfect for rainy days and those that are too hot to run to and from the clothesline. I’m very happy

Comments
Daytek Official

Thank you for your kind words Anne. We love getting feedback like this. Thank you for choosing Daytek. Should you ever have any questions please don't hesitate to make contact. Have an amazing day.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Perfect for my small my yard.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

Excellent fast response to my query regarding my 11 line fold down wall clothes line. Extremely happy with the product and the great service provided.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Daytek Official

Thank you for your excellent review Leanne. It was a pleasure to help. Have an amazing week.

• 2 helpful votes

Rare exceptional customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Had problems with my 4 line retractable washing line - then as I had thrown away the instructions I most likely misused the unit and made the situation worse. Contacted Daytek via their facebook page and the level of customer service was second to none. Curt was incredibly patient and detailed in his trouble shooting assistance. Ended up with them organising a full replacement

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Daytek Official

Really happy we could help. Should you ever need more assistance, please don't hesitate to make contact. Thank you for your kind words. Have an amazing day.

Retractable twin clothesline: three tries, all fails

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

This is our third attempt at this product, and as much as we love the look and concept of it, we've had nothing but trouble. Very disappointing as we've been really careful spooling the line out and not overstraining or overloading it, and retracting it back slowly. After a few uses, the lines won't retract, and as the unit is all one piece, it's impossible to get inside to figure out what the problem is. Thankfully, each was purchased at Bunnings and has been replaced - however, this time I think I'll have to ask for my money back.

Comments
Daytek Official

Tehkella, We are really sorry to hear that you have been through this. We are more than happy for you to return the item for a replacement or a full refund. We will also pass this information onto... read more »

I wanted to do a follow up. After getting a refund from Bunnings, we took the risk on getting the new model of this clothesline that was just made available at the time. I was leery but my husband ... read more »

Daytek Official

That is fantastic news! We are really pleased you gave us another chance. Should you have any questions or concerns in future please don't hesitate to contact us. We are always more than happy to h... read more »

1 of 3 pages

We have a Hill hoist (18 years) that is broken, are Daytek rotary clothesline compatible with the secure connection into the ground base?

Sharon Kearns asked on Sep 13, 2018

Sharon,
Thanks for getting in contact with us. We don't believe so. As far as we can tell none of the modern rotary clotheslines from any of the brands will fit the original Hills ground sockets. However all of our rotary clotheslines do come with a ground socket so you are ready to pull the old one out and concrete the new one in. This also ensures you'll have a strong and secure point to mount the clothesline. Clotheslines need a pretty snug fit to avoid being wobbly. So you'd most likely be better off with a new socket that is made for the clothesline you buy. If you need any further help, please let us know, we will do our best to help.

I have just purchased a Dayatek twin foldaway line and cant seem to get lines to tighten enough. How do I go about this to grt them tighter ?

Bernie asked on Aug 20, 2018

Good afternoon Bernie,
We can certainly help you with this. If you could call us on (03) 9470 1755 or email us at customerservice@daytek.com.au one of our friendly customer service staff members can walk you through the process. They can also answer any of your other questions. Thanks for choosing Daytek.

Hi I have just purchased and installed a. Daytek rotary clothes line all good but it won't click in to place to lock it. It keeps coming of the clips and won't stay up .lplease help

Lozza63 asked on Aug 05, 2018

Answer this

You need to contact Daytek and communicate the issue. There are a lot of problems with their clotheslines and they have no idea what the issues are unless you let them know. Thanks

Good afternoon Lozza,
To be sure that we are giving you the best advice and to ensure we are talking about the right parts. We recommend giving us a call on (03) 9470 1755 and one of our staff can help you out one on one. You can also email us if you prefer at enquiry@daytek.com.au
We have you covered and are more than happy to help.