Rare exceptional customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Had problems with my 4 line retractable washing line - then as I had thrown away the instructions I most likely misused the unit and made the situation worse. Contacted Daytek via their facebook page and the level of customer service was second to none. Curt was incredibly patient and detailed in his trouble shooting assistance. Ended up with them organising a full replacement

Comments
Daytek Official

Really happy we could help. Should you ever need more assistance, please don't hesitate to make contact. Thank you for your kind words. Have an amazing day.

Retractable twin clothesline: three tries, all fails

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

This is our third attempt at this product, and as much as we love the look and concept of it, we've had nothing but trouble. Very disappointing as we've been really careful spooling the line out and not overstraining or overloading it, and retracting it back slowly. After a few uses, the lines won't retract, and as the unit is all one piece, it's impossible to get inside to figure out what the problem is. Thankfully, each was purchased at Bunnings and has been replaced - however, this time I think I'll have to ask for my money back.

Comments
Daytek Official

Tehkella, We are really sorry to hear that you have been through this. We are more than happy for you to return the item for a replacement or a full refund. We will also pass this information onto... read more »

Good advice and now a happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

After talking to Curt on the Daytek facebook group I was able to get all the information I needed. I bought a fold down clothes line and was even able to get it painted in a custom colour. It was really cheap to add a custom colour too. Was easy to install. I am a very happy customer. Thank you for the online help.

Comments
Daytek Official

Happy that I could have been of help. Feel free to make contact should you need any further assistance. Have a great day.

Victoria

Portable Clothesline Is A Winner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 01, 2018

The Daytek Portable Clothesline is the best thing that I have ever purchased. It is ideal with the Melbourne weather you can move it into the sunshine one minute and under cover the next. It is large enough to fit two loads of washing. A must have for any household.

Comments
Daytek Official

Thank you for the amazing feedback. We always to love to hear that our customers like our products. Have an amazing day. Thank you from the whole team at Daytek

Very disappointed in the quality

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

A foldaway 42 rotary clothesline came with our new home and am extremely disappointed, after only 4 years the line covering has cracked and perishing and the whole clothes line is unstable and wobbles. This is my first and LAST daytek have had hills previously for yearsssssssss with no issues. Warranty for line is only 2 years - obviously know won’t last that much longer, so very disappointed and annoyed.

Comments
Daytek Official

Jude, We are really sorry to hear that you have had troubles with your line. We would love a chance to fix the situation for you. We certainly stand by our products and our customers. Our clothesli... read more »

Good product, amazing customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

Installation was quite simple, product is good.
Had an issue with getting the line taut and contacted Daytek to see if there was something I was doing wrong. They responded within 30 minutes (despite being closed over the Christmas period) to offer a suggestion. They also followed up with me when they were back in the office a few days later.
Only minor issue now is the red anchor plugs ... make them grey so they don’t stand out!

Comments
Daytek Official

Nate,
Thank you for your great feedback. We are really happy we could assist. We will pass on the feedback about the colour of the plugs to our team. Have an amazing day.

Great customer service & clothesline

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

Recently contacted Daytek (via Facebook messenger) as I couldn’t get the clothesline to lock. I just moved into the property with a newly installed Lift & Lock clothesline.
My message was responded to quickly and Curt provided really helpful advice, including a diagram. My matter was resolved very quickly through contacting them that way, my clothesline locks now.

Comments
Daytek Official

Thank you for the great feedback. We are always happy to help. Happy that we were able to assist. Have an amazing day.

Verified Customer

Daytek indoor drying rack is great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

We recently upgraded to a Daytek indoor drying rack and it is great. Much nicer than the cheap wire ones we have had in the past. The pegs that we got are also very nice.

Comments
Daytek Official

Great to hear. We really pride ourselves on the quality of our indoor airers. We are happy you like it. Have a great day

Issue resolved quickly and efficiently

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

I had an issue with the line on our clothesline, I contact Daytek through FB and they quick to make contact and offered a replacement and were genuinely interested in following up the issue. Very impressed.

Comments
Daytek Official

Jo,
So happy we could help. Should you need any further help please don't hesitate to contact us.
Have a great day

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

Awesome follow up - thanks Daytek! Loving our new pegs --- thank you for posting them out so quickly. And we love all your products ... good Aussie company.

Comments
Daytek Official

It is our pleasure, Jenny. Thank you for choosing Daytek. Have an amazing day.

Sydney

Happy with fold down

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

Bought a fold down clothes line from Bunnings. Very happy with it. It was easy to install and looks great. Would recommend.

Comments
Daytek Official

Great to hear Meg,
We pride ourselves on our product and feedback like this really helps. We love hearing that our customers are happy with their Daytek purchases. Have a great day and thank you again.

Private message

Bought straight from the factory

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

I went to the factory in Preston and was able to buy straight from them. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and explained everything. I was able to get a great price and it turns out that they do make clotheslines in Australia. According to them they just have some made in China for models that are made on mass for some stores. I am very happy with my new clothesline.

Comments
Daytek Official

Jane,

Great to hear you had such a good experience coming to the office, even better to hear that you are so happy with your new clothesline. Should you have any questions feel free to contact us.

Have a great day!

Retractable issue

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2017

I had a problems with our four line unit not retracting I found if I lifted the tension arm past the retractable stop all the lines retracted, then replacing it back to its normal position it worked fine. It seems that the tension block can stick a bit.
Hope this might help.

Comments
Daytek Official

This is an interesting lifehack. We haven't heard of this one before. We'll have to look into it. I am sorry to hear that you had some trouble with the unit not retracting. We don't usually suggest... read more »

Not Happy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

My review on Daytek 5 line retractable clothesline modela02840311 with sagging lines iam happy to say Daytek have been very professional the way they have attended to my problem.

Comments
Daytek Official

Happy we could be of help. If you have any follow up questions or comments please don't hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help.

Have an amazing day.

melbourne

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

good aussie company with good aussie products

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

i dont know what is up with the bad reviews here. me dad had a daytek wheelbarrow for years and when it came time for me to get a barrow i got one to. it is over 10 years old and still going strong. the sales guys said it will last a life time and i am sure it will. good aussie brand thats built tough. it is also still made here is australia.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Daytek Official

We are so happy to hear that you like your products and brand. We certainly build our wheelbarrows to the highest level of quality and they are certainly built to last. Have a great day.

Sunshine Coast, QLD

• 73 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 38 answers
  • 94 helpful votes
Private message

Low quality, buy another brand

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Our rotary hoist came with the house. It's shaky, the plastic is cracked in several places, the handle is broken off and the tolerances are large, resulting is sloppy movements and suggesting cheapness. I contrast this with another famous brand Hoist, made of aluminium and galv steel, which in my experience lasts decades without problem.

I tried to replace the plastic cord but it's not intuitive and the "installation guides" webpage at the Daytek site has no info. Emailed them for assistance, no reply yet.

The cord tensioner bolts are corroded and the plastic is deteriorating, but at $1 a piece it will cost around $30 to get new ones, and another $30 for a new cord. Why couldn't they use Class 3 bolts in these tensioners? It would cost just a few dollars more per hoist and give 10x the service life! This is indicative of the entire product, where cutting corners has meant poor quality.

I would never actually BUY one of these hoists. Daytek needs to lift its game and improve product quality to compete with the other brands.

Comments
Daytek Official

I am sorry to hear that the clothesline that came with your house hasn't met your expectations. It sounds like it may be quite old or possibly incorrectly installed. If you are still having trouble... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Almost useless after less than a year

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2017

The 5 line model will no longer retract, The lines are all sagging except one and tightening them on the pull-out bar is not intuitively easily. Opening the main housing is not intuitive either. It does look good though, just doesn't work.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Daytek Official

We are really sorry to hear that your experience with our product was less than stellar. One of our customer service team would love to help solve the problems you have had. If you would please giv... read more »

I returned it to the place of purchase (Bunnings) and they replaced it. The new one works well and looks good too!

Daytek Official

Excellent to hear that everything worked out. If there are any further concerns please don't hesitate to make contact. I have also sent a private message regarding this.

Have a great day

• 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Costly product

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

We purchase a 5 line Daytek, only 35 day in, and it will not pull out any more then 2 meters???
This is unacceptable, after paying over $400 to set it all up. I think a piece of rope between two tree will be better.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Daytek Official

I am really sorry for the inconvenience you have had. Please give one of our friendly customer service reps a call and we will sort it out for you. If you would please give us a call on (03) 9470 1755 or send us an email at enquiry@daytek.com.au

Thanks for your contact.
You can contact me but only after 12 midday wst.
Regards. Peter.

Daytek Official

Unfortunately, we have no way to contact you regarding this matter as we have no contact details and our policies dictate not to request customers contact details through a third party site for you... read more »

• 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Good value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2016

We purchased this brand because it was the correct width for our wall rather than brand loyalty. It was well priced and met our needs. Quality is good although it was scratched when we unpacked it (box was sealed). Simple enough to install - took about 2 hours but most of that was establishing the level and drilling into brick.
I worry about retensioning the line down the track as it will be manual- untie, pull taut and retie rather than an inbuilt ratchet style system like some others have.
The main bar is one continuous piece - some others are two pieces to make the packaging smaller - the box of this one is 2.1 metres long which may be a consideration for some but I like the bar being continuous.
Anyway, for $150 plus four dynabolts I have a functional clothesline.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Daytek Official

Really happy that you like our product. Please feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email if you have any questions. Have a great day.

• 2 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Noisy and poor quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2016

Very disappointed in this product and support from Daytek. After installing clothesline, found that a piece of the brittle plastic top cap had broken off in the box. Line was also quite noisy when rotating. Quite a deal of sloppiness in components and I would consider it a 'budget' item. While it is marketed as "Australian Owned", be assured that it is manufactured in China.
Daytek replaced the top cap but wouldn't fix the noisiness (in fact they did not respond to my email). Bunnings, as usual, were very good, offering to replace the clothes line with another. I did not take up the offer as there would be no assurance another Daytek would be any better and there would be a considerable amount of work if the line was to be replaced with a better brand.
Suggest you spend a little more and get an Australian made line (eg Austral).

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Daytek Official

Very sorry to hear about your experiences with our products. If you decide to let us replace the line, please shoot us a call or email and one of our team will arrange for a replacement. Have a nice day.

1 of 2 pages

How do you get the lines to retract on pull out line? Ours ia 5 lines

Rock asked on Jan 05, 2018

Answer this

I am not sure but if you call the Daytek offices in Preston I am sure they will be able to help you.

To get our lines to retract. Please move the locking handle on the side from the top locked position to the bottom unlocked position. This should release the brake and the lines should now retract. Please note these units should not be wound like some other brands, as the lines self-retract in our units.
Further information can be found in our guide on our website at https://daytek.com.au/images/pdfs/installation-guides/Daytek_Retractable_Clothesline_Installation_Guide.pdf
If you have any further troubles please don't hesitate to call us on (03) 9470 1755 during business hours or through our Facebook page. We can give individualised help that way. Have an amazing day.
Curt from Daytek

Do you have other colour options for the clothesline cord? And if you do where can I buy them?

Meg W asked on Nov 28, 2017

Answer this

Thank you for getting in touch with us Meg. Yes, we do have replacement cord in different colours. You can order these from the special orders counter at most hardware stores. Should you have any questions or need help with finding your closest store, please don't hesitate to call us on (03) 9470 1755.

How do you replace a broken line?

Sue asked on Nov 26, 2017

Sue,

Thank you for getting in contact with us. Unfortunately, I can't answer quickly this without a little more information. We would need to know if you have a rotary, fold down or retractable clothesline. If it is a rotary or fold down, we sell replacement cord through most hardware chains in Australia or from our factory in Preston, Vic. You can order them through the special orders counter at a hardware store. For retractable clothesline, that is a little bit more difficult and we recommend giving us a call and one of our customer service team would love to assist you with this.

Please give us a call on (03) 9470 1755 should you need any assistance whatsoever.

I hope this helps,