Melbourne

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Good, but ain't what it used to be

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

We used to own a DeLonghi ECAM 23.210, which lasted for years and worked really well. So when it broke down, we naturally bought the equivalent new model, the Magnifica ECAM 22.110. It produces good coffee, but it's not as well put together. The cappuccino steam maker tube doesn't fit properly onto the nozzle. It's difficult enough fitting it on, but pulling it off is a real struggle. The little red light flashes constantly telling me I need to descale the machine, even straight after I've descaled it. So now I just estimate when I need to descale again. Some of the other components, like the drip tray, are flimsier than they used to be.

One big positive is the service team in North Melbourne. Shortly after we bought the new machine we damaged a component through our own stupidity. The service team knew it was our fault (I told them), but they fixed it for free without a murmur. So 5 stars for service. My overall rating is 4 stars, because the machine is not as good as it should be.

Purchased at: David Jones

Doreen

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I am very satisfied with this coffee machine because it's easy to use especially to load it it has a beam tray in the top which is very simple to open you can still almost 300 g of beans in the top and on the side has a water bottle / container which is also very easy to slide out and clean. This machine is super easy to use and is digital with touch buttons and allows you to simply choose the strength of your coffee and also the amount of water to use such as a tall black or short black. It also has an automatic frother which is very easy to use however requires a small amount of technique so I would suggest going on to YouTube and watching a video to become better at frothing the milk this machine seriously makes coffee just as machines in the store and has saved me a lot of money as I don't buy as many coffees out now and I am a little bit more critical I know a good coffee should be I love it I love it bye one bye one

Adelaide

Date Purchased: May 2016

Best coffee machine!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

I literally use this coffee machine EVERY DAY! Easy to use... Great crema... always consistent...it takes about one minute to make any type of coffee. Froth is creamy and lasts like a professional coffee machine. It has an integrated coffee grinding machine so you have freshly ground beans for each cup made. Love it.

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

Coomba Park

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2018

This machine is the exact opposite of the name

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

De Longhi should be charged under the Trades Description Act. The coffee produced was at best warm and even worse when I found out that you cannot use full cream milk for cappuccino. The machine failed after 5 months and De Longhi would not honour the warranty as it was purchased overseas, despite the fact they are all made in the same place. Their local agent Germon refuse to repair any coffee machines despite the fact I was referred to then from De Longhi. If you want average performance with no service back up go ahead and buy one at your own risk.
I would give it no stars, but I can't

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Easy to use and makes good coffee!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Purchased this machine after our pod machine died. So far we are very happy with it. Wish we had bought it sooner rather than waiting for the pod machine to die!

It makes much better coffee than our pod machine (which was admittedly just a basic MAP/Caffitaly machine).

We decided to go for an automatic machine over another pod machine as, although the initial cost is higher, the running costs are a lot lower. e.g cost of coffee for our Caffitaly pod machine worked out to be approximately $50 per kilo versus less than $20 per kilo when buying beans for the Delonghi. Based on the amount of coffee we drink, I worked out we would be ahead after 18 months with this machine versus another cheap pod machine.
There is also the issue of waste. A pod machine generates a huge amount of waste plastic which can't be recycled. The only waste from this machine is the used coffee grounds (which are biodegradable).

We got our machine directly from Delonghi as a factory second (with 1 year warranty instead of 2). It was indistinguishable from a new machine and still had all the factory seals etc.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Love It!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

one of the best thing of this is that it is so simple to use! Setting up the coffee strength was a little challenging, it’s trial and error, but it's ok. Machine works great, automatically requests cleaning and descaling and coffee is good. Staff were ever so helpful in showing us how to use this product. The size is also perfect although the water container cannot make that much coffee.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Nice xuanz

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

The taste of the coffee produced by this coffee machine is really very good, the appearance of the machine looks very beautiful and the key is that this coffee machine is very easy to clean, which is really a big part of the time for us.
The quality of the brewed coffee is consistent.
The temperature is also very easy to control, and it is very portable. It is quite satisfactory for this product.

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Are quite like, this coffee machine shape is very small and lightweight, this glass pot can be three cups of coffee, the amount of coffee powder suggested in fine powder, do not use very fine powder, otherwise there will be a small amount of residue flow into the pot. The power supply is connected to the hot water speed is very fast, operation time of the movement is not big. Do not open the lid immediately after each cooking, hot air is hot, and so on cooling & then open, overall very convenient, like.

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

best latte,expresso

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

We use it every day and have absolutely no mechanical problems. I was hesitant to buy such an expensive "coffee pot," but I listed it on my wish list. After reading the comments, we chose the tasteless or non-greasy beans that we could buy in bulk at local stores. I don't go to starbucks very often anymore - I can make better coffee at home!

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

I am satisfied with the quality of the coffee produced by this machine and the taste is General. But it is very convenient to use
the machine produces a different quality of coffee, sometimes good taste, sometimes the taste is not very good.
The coffee temperature of this machine is generally satisfactory, and the coffee temperature cannot be kept consistent with each Production.

GREVILLIA

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Magic products

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

1. I am quite satisfied with the quality of the coffee produced by this machine, which is a little bit worse in terms of taste.
2. The quality of the coffee produced by this machine is consistent and there is no significant difference.
3. I am satisfied with the coffee temperature of the machine, which produces the same temperature every time, no different from the coffee shop.

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

This machine produces the coffee quality is very good, with a thick fragrance, very satisfied. The quality of the coffee produced is consistent, there is no coffee quality inconsistent results, temperature this piece is quite satisfied. The purchase of this product is very satisfactory. A very worthwhile product to buy

Purchased at: Amazon

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Easy to use, perfect for family

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

This product is very easy to use. It is fully automatic. It has a frothing attachment which is easy to clean and manage. All you have to do is heat the milk to your desired temperature andit can grind the coffee beans for you. Then the coffee is done. Highly recommended.

Date Purchased: Mar 2015

Coffee Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Have used this machine for over 3 years now without any major problems. Very occasionally a coffee bean gets stuck in grinder which is easy to remove. All you have to do is heat the milk to your desired temperature and froth level with the rest being fully automatic. Easy to use and highly recommended

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Easy to use and makes good coffee.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

The quality of the coffee is really good, I find the coffee is the same every time I make it which I like. The machine is fully automatic and grinds the coffee beans for you or you can opt for ground coffee. It has a frothing attachment
easy to clean and manage. I would buy another one.

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2014

Not bad

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2018

Not bad , makes good coffee and works well .Can burn coffee if not cleaned properly.
After 4 years the machine has started leaking heavily. Coffee leaks straight into the grinds vessel and further back rather than your cup . I suspect the O-rings have perished at the heater block.

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Wonderful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

I absolutely love this coffee machine it makes the coffee so smooth I never have any issues with making coffee with this machine it works like an absolute gem I’m so happy that my husband bought this for me it was a well thought of birthday present absolutely love it I’m even considering buying another one just in case anything would ever happen to work absolutely cannot live without this machine

Newcastle

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Love this coffee machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

This coffee Machine is perfect, fully automatic, grinds coffee beans and also takes pre ground coffee, milk frother is in the machine and doesn't stand separate so saves on having extra bits and pieces on the bench tops, one of our main reasons for buying this machine. Can make two cups at once, we even make our travel mug coffee under it. Very easy to refill the water and to clean the machine. Machine has lights that come on when certain things need doing cross reference with the booklet you are given simple

Yungaburra, Qld

• 7 comments
  • 10 answers
  • 21 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2018

A good machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

So far so good, works well, has 2 rinses: one when first turned on which is good as it is hot water and heats the cup, another prior to close down, so it uses lots of water, the water container could have been a bit bigger but then it would have made the machine bigger. It is nice and compact for my small kitchen. I don't have to descale as I use rain water. It has a little red plastic container on the bottom left side, don't know what its use is but it overflows with water so have to empty it frequently.
I have never tried the milk frothing as I only drink black coffee, tried the 2 cups setting because I had a visitor but I think it doubles the water but not the coffee, so the coffee was too weak.
Previously I had a Saeco machine, less automatic, had to grind the beans and dispose of the used grounds, so this is better. Thought my Saeco was broken but in fact it was the filter which was blocked so gave it to my son.

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Love it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I have a super easy, completely automatic coffee machine that broke just over a year after purchasing. I replaced it with this. It was a little tricky to work out to begin with, but it runs so smoothly. I couldn't do without it now! And my toddler is loving babychinos made with it too. Got to love coffee machines

1 of 10 pages

water tank light will not go off as it wont register that i filled tank, why is this?

jo t asked on Dec 02, 2018

Answer this

That sounds like my problem with the descaling light, but I'm afraid I don't know anything about how to fix it. You could take it to the service team, who are very good, but that would mean being without the coffee maker while they look at it. If the light is on but the coffee maker still works it's probably not worth it.

Hi Alex its purely because you are not descaling it properly. You need to follow the instructions in the manual exactly. If you don't have the manual simply download it from the net. For me I live in Melbourne where the water is very clean and the hardness of the water is virtually zero so the descaling procedure is pointless. The descale is basically on a timer but doesnt actually know how dirty it really is so at the begining when I first purchased it I was descaling every time the light showed but now I don't worry about it.
If ur in Melb I wouldn't worry its quite a long process. I just do it every 2 months now. Hope that helps
As for the water tank light not too sure Jo

I purchased a MAGNIFICA S ECAM 22.110.SB early august this year, I really only use the expresso, but now once the shot comes out the water continues to flow to a full cup again. Is this an easy fix or does require a service? Regards, Kim

KimmyL asked on Nov 23, 2018

My Magnifica coffee machine is great but the milk is no longer frothing how can I fix? thank you Geof Foard

Geoffrey M asked on Nov 07, 2018

Answer this

Better buy a milk frother from woolies and does the job way more cleaner and easier.

Hi Geoffrey,
I had this isssue a couple of times. Under the pannarello wand you will see a black and a green o ring. Over time they wear to a point so they don’t seal properly. Ring DeLonghi and they will send you a replacement or two and you will have it working properly again. They have always been very helpful to me.

Thanks Richard
That’s exactly what i eventually did and its all sorted
Cheers Geoff