As of May 2016, Dick Smith has been acquired by Kogan.

Verified Customer

Bought a POCOPhone F1 - Haven't got any confirmation even my money has gone from my Bank

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Hi I just bought PocoPhone F1 online via Dick Smith and did not receive either any conformation email or it shows in my order history or I can call them to verify but I can tell you that money has been deducted from my bank, wish I would have read this reviews before. Really doggy business... I will wait for their reply and update you guys of my product shipping and quality experience.
Ali

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi Ali, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that there has been a mix-up with your payment. As we discussed with you via private message, your payment was declin... read more »

Hi, yes correct, thanks for your prompt response. Appreciate it.

False Advertising

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I bought an iPhone that was advertised as "Class A Refurbished". I paid $300 dollars. The phone I received although it was free of scratches, once I started it, I noticed that the display was defective.

I contacted the help desk who replied after two days. I explained the issue and attached photos with my reply. Two days later another contact person from the help desk, e-mailed me asking what was the issue.

I had to send another e-mail and more photos.

I find that issue is basically false advertising where they sold a defective item at a significant amount and then they loop you inside circles hoping that you would give up.

To me that is not "Business", that is a mere "Con Art".

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that your refurbished iPhone arrived with an issue that was not resolved during the refurbishment process. We will be happy ... read more »

• 3 comments
  • 21 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Dreadful delivery time, website purports to be Australian but ships from overseas

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I bought a new phone via this site, deliberately chose them despite their being more expensive than overseas sites because they purport to be in Australia. Two full days after placing the order (which they had said would be despatched by today or earlier) I get this message: “When will my items arrive?
We estimate 4 business days from the time you receive this email for tracking to activate, then an additional 8 - 11 business days for your order to arrive.” BECAUSE the item was shipped from their overseas warehouse. So between 2.5 and 3 weeks for the order to arrive. Never ever again.

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi Andre and Yuliya, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. While some of our Direct Import items are dispatched to customers from overseas, Dick Smith is still an Australian co... read more »

Adelaide

Private message

Huge shipping cost and nasty delay

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I purchased a pioneer soundbar through DickSmith after paying an excessive amount for shipping plus extra amount for express delivery. Despite 8 days of ordering the item is no where to be seen... EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED WITH THIS COMPANY AND NO MORE SHOPPING FROM THEM.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. Although we are glad to see that your item has now been delivered and your express postage charge has been refunded, we are sorry to see tha... read more »

Gold Coast

• 2 helpful votes

Worst customer service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Stay away from Dick Smith. Worst customer service ever. You can only contact them via email and they are absolutely useless. You just go round and round in circles with the conversation. It’s like they don’t understand any English and they just go through a script. Kept making me do the same thing to rectify the problem when they weren’t listening to what the problem was. Such a mistake buying from such a useless company.
If it’s wasnt for their useless customer service it would be a good product. It’s the worst customer service I have ever seen.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi Phil,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience, we are sorry to see that you have been having issues with our Help Desk.
Please respond to our Private Message with the requested details and we will be happy to investigate this for you.

australia

Private message

poor estimate in delivery time for high postage price

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

Bought a Xiaomi Huami AmazFit Stratos watch from Dick Smiths online store. Said dispatched 1-2 days from purchase. Was 4 days. Then fine print said would take another 4 days. Not 2 weeks, and still waiting! Also the postage price of $17 was expensive for less than 20cm box. Dont think that good are warehoused in Oz. I could of got cheaper using Ebay in quicker time.

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that there has been a delay in your product's delivery, we do work hard to provide the most accurate shipping estimates we can ... read more »

Verified Customer

Bought a Kogan TV from dick smith that never worked even after repair which took 3 weeks

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Bought a Kogan TV that never worked from the beginning. After buying an internal antenna and two different TV cables to test if it was cable problem rather than the TV, I emailed dick smith which arranged for a repair that took more than 3 weeks. Now, the TV is back but it still can not scan channels. the worst thing, you can't call their help desk, because the number given does not work. Worst experience ever when buying online. Never going to buy anything from dick smith again.

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi Michael, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry to see that your issue was not fixed with your TV's repair. Please reply to our Private Message with the requested deta... read more »

Disappointing delay

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

Original delivery estimate from Dick Smith was 2 weeks. They have now advised that it will be two months.
I guess things can go wrong for anyone. Still, they should have had an accurate estimate for their initial delivery date before I ordered.

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi Peter, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. While we are glad that we were able to notify you of the shipping delays, we are sorry that an unforeseen delay has prevented us from ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Samsung s7 Edge Service What service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2018

Bought online, biggest mistake!!! After 2 weeks it finally arrived. Couldn't get any phone reception. Rang samsung found it was sent from NZ. Been in contact with supplier Dick Smith (Kogan) but no phone numbers to call. Tried online help but no satisfaction at all. Asked for money back so they said they'd send a returning parcel for me but 2 weeks later still haven't got it.

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi Phil, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. While we are glad to see that we have provided you with the details for returning your phone and are currently waiting for it to arrive... read more »

I have been clear from the get go. The problem lies with your company. I have purchased a product that fails to deliver what you have advertised. With that the proseedures for problem solving is ho... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Defective monitor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

I contacted support to try and return the monitor that I had for only 2 weeks. The monitor has a dead pixel and also makes a an annoying high pitched sound whenever it is on (not loud but noticeable).

I was told I had to contact Samsung directly to get it repaired under warranty. I would've thought I could return a defective product but apparently not at dick smith.

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. Although we are glad to see that our Help Desk is currently in contact with your regarding this, we are sorry that you are not satisfied wit... read more »

• 4 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 15 helpful votes
Private message

Dick Smith is no longer Australian - goods OK but was surprised shipping from Hong Kong

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

I ordered a Samsung Gear watch and Samsung S9 Dual SIM phone. I guess I should have read all the small print finely as I did not know that Dick Smith was no longer an Australian retailer and that the goods are shipped from Hong Kong (my watch was a Saudi model). The shipping was $44.00. The products still were a good price - probably in the end about $50.00 less each - but I hope I don't have a warranty issue. Also a bit of fiddling required with the watch to pay in Australian stores as it was an overseas model.

In retrospect I would have paid more and bought from JB HiFi or another Australian retailer if I knew the goods were not in Australia. It would have saved me a lot of time and worth the extra money. I don't think I will purchase from Dick Smith again.

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi, Thank you for letting us know about your experience, we are happy to see that your goods arrived and are working well. Dick Smith remains an Australian company, operating out of our Head Office... read more »

Verified Customer

Poor shipping- price and delivery time!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

Having ordered my watch online just under 3 weeks ago, I still have not received a dispatchment email, when they clearly say on their website that this will occur between 1-2 weeks. When first looking at the product online, I thought that it was a great deal as it was listed at a cheaper price, but the shipping price of around $22 made the product more expensive than the one listed on the Fitbit website! Extremely disappointed with Dick smith.

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi Iovhan, Thank you for letting us know about your experience, we are sorry to see that you are disappointed with your experience. In future, if you have any questions or concerns about your order... read more »

Cooma

"New" iphone from Dick Smith is registered to another person

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

Purchased new iphone 8 from Dick Smith.
It has arrived with Apple ID registered to another customer, still being logged into his account.
An update (2 weeks later): the phone has been returned and received by Dick Smith.
They are not sending new phone and not returning my money.
Still waiting. Disgusted.
Another update: Dick Smith has confirmed that the phone is faulty (it took them exactly 2 weeks to come up with that conclusion)
Now I will be waiting for a refund, not sure yet how long will that take.
It's now month since I purchased a phone from Dick Smith.

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi Nick, Thank you for your feedback, it has been passed on to the relevant teams for investigation. While we are happy to see that you are in contact with our Help Desk to organise your refund, we... read more »

And I did.
Just check the thread number I have provided to you to see what is happening.
You are still holding on to my money. You are behaving like a mob, not a respectable business.

Sydney

Crap Delivery

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

If you don't pull up your socks I'm afraid your whole company will shut down. The shipping rate is absolutely horrble I have been waiting for a week now and my beats have not come to me yet. How is this right to the customer for them to be excited for buying something. I should've bought it from jb-hi-fi a more expensive but better service store.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi Susan,
Thank you for your feedback, it has been passed on to the relevant teams.
In future, if you have any questions or concerns about your orders, please contact our Help Desk for assistance here: https://www.dicksmith.com.au/da/help/

Good product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2018

Price said dicount but was same price in other shops.
Delivery was super fast - very happy.
Yes warranty ok.

A top product & fast delivery with expert service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

I am 100% satisfied with my Dick Smith Kogan 42 inch television & a 5 star rating! Also has a great clear picture!Thanks Dick!:^))

Waiuku

All contact ceased by Dick Smith

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

All communication from their help/service team ceased when my TV was returned from their service repair center with a broken screen. Am now looking into taking this to the small claims tribunal and or Fair Go.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi Jeremy, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry to see that you are having trouble contacting our Help Desk regarding your returned TV. We do take the timeliness of our... read more »

Hoi An

No refund.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

Delivery was so late l had to cancel the order on their advice. Help Desk was very good and item was sent back as requested. Confirmation was received an refund was to be remitted within 2 weeks. It is now 4 weeks and the Help Desk will not acknowledge any of my many emails to have this solved. They have my money and the product. I would avoid any dealings with Dick Smith. I am currently trying to get a result from Kogan head office on a one on one basis, but despite all assurances l am still waiting for my money.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. While we are happy that we were able to cancel your order, we are sorry to see that there were delays in it being shipped to you. Please res... read more »

Absolute disaster

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

Shipping time was not respected, delivery is terrible and no one to contact and complain to. This is the last time i buy anything from them

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi Sam, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are sorry to see that you had experienced issues with your delivery time. As an online-only company, we are best equip... read more »

Private message

Dick Smith advertise that goods will be dispatched within 1-2 working days. This is not true. It is

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Prices are higher than competitors but they offered a fast dispatch of 1-2 working days. It is now 6 working days and the phone has not been dispatched and no response to my email requesting assistance.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dick Smith Official

Hi Wendy, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. Although we are happy to see that your phone has been delivered, we are sorry that there was an unexpected delay in it being dispatche... read more »

1 of 32 pages

Hi my names Andrew and live within New Zealand and I bought the Huawei nova i3 and haven't gotten any emails stating that my item has been shipped, its been days and no one will reply to my emails. my email is [email removed] I need to be assured that my phone won't take a month to get to my door as other reviews have said. Any help?

Andrew S asked on Oct 12, 2018

Answer this

Hi Andrew, thank you for contacting us.
We are sorry that you have not been receiving our response emails, it seems that there was a letter missing from your email address on those enquiries and our responses were not arriving with you.
The error has been corrected and you should be hearing back from us within the next 1-2 business days with updates.
In future, if you have any questions or concerns about your products, please contact our Help Desk for assistance here: https://www.dicksmith.com.au/da/help/

Hi, How long does Dick Smith take to respond to a query - my lg nexus 5 has a boot loop issue and is not working. While i have received a response quite quickly, including "Responding to this query before we have replied may affect your position in the support queue.", it has been nearly 24 hours and i would like to know my query is being attended to. Thanks Jane

Jane asked on Oct 02, 2018

Answer this

Hi Jane, thank you for getting in touch with us.
We are sorry to see that there was a delay in a member of our Support Team getting in touch with you, but we are glad to see that you have been in contact with them since posting this question and your phone's return has been arranged.
Please continue to respond to our emails and we will be happy to assist you in getting this resolved.

Their phone number mentioned on the internet does not work. So, it will be emails back and forth. My issue is going on since August not resolved yet.

HI, I’m looking at purchasing the LG G7 plus. As this is technically an international model, what warranty does the phone come with? DOES It still come with LG warranty?

Luke C asked on Sep 24, 2018

Answer this

Hi Luke, thank you for your question.
While we strive to provide products with additional manufacturer's warranties where possible, it is not always possible.
For details of the warranties applicable to each of our products, please check the 'Warranty & Returns Policy' section of the product's webpage.
In future, if you have any questions or concerns about our products, please contact our Help Desk for assistance here: https://www.dicksmith.com.au/da/help/