This product has been discontinued by Dyson.

Quinns Rocks

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Had big shoes to fill

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

When our trusty stand-up Dyson of over 10 years wasn't doing the job as well as it used to I was very scared to replace it. But when a secondhand barrel design was advertised cheap thought why not .. and I am glad I did because it is great I can go into so many more places than the stand up and it is so resistant to being dragged and bashed around I just love it. Only thing is it a bit heavy special or for when I am doing the car. Otherwise a gem.

Date Purchased: Jul 2012

Can't live without my dyson

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Great vacuum fantastic machine
Wouldn't buy any other had mind for quite a few years
No breakage faultless still works a treat
No bags to buy just empty wash filter easy to do
Easy to move around
Great suction
I am very pleased with my Dyson the one to buy

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Aug 2013

Good suction but a bit heavy to haul around

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Bought it at a sale at good guys 4 years ago, very happy still works like a treat. A bit bulky but durable, has lasted several knocks and kicks. The cleaning is abit of pain as it requires reassembly and filter requires a bit of work as it get quite dirty after every couple of months. The head can catch a lot hair and may need a lot of work to remove - I had to get a replacement head as it caught a lot of hair and wheels wouldn't turn any more - making it unusable.
It is definitely louder than newer models.

Australia

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2016

This is perfect, can't live without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

This Dyson is amazing. I actually enjoy vacuuming the house now. It's easy to move around the room and the suction is awesome. I have two pups that spend most of their time indoors and the Dyson does an amazing job at keeping the house spotlessly. I've had my Dyson for over a year and I still love it.

Melbourne

• 1 question

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Acceptable performance but heavy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

I have been regularly sing this dyson vacuum since last about 10 months. Happy with the performance. Long power cord helps me to move around rooms and family areas without unplugging and plugging hassle. Though it's bit heavy my wife doesn't like to use, but I like to keep it as it's sucking dust and small objects quite well. Overall happy with the buy.

Purchased at: Myer

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Good and convenient

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

When we first moved into our own house, we decided to buy a vacuum machine that could last for a long time. Dyson is definitely one of the best. It is not quite light or quiet, but I am very pleased with its performance. And it is easy to use.

Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Great value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

Great suction and easy to maneuver and accessories are handy to clean different areas
It is not heavy and after vacuum carpet and carpet is soft and clean
We have timber floors and carpet floors and we used it to vacuum car interior as well which works well, no complaint

Date Purchased: May 2014

best suction power

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

Bought this model together with Dyson handstick. It provides the best suction power with lots of storage. No vacuum bag required and dust collected is easy to disposed. The cable is very long to cover my dining and living areas. Use it on quarterly basis only as I have the handstick for daily use.

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Oct 2012

Strong suction but can struggle with long hair

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

Dyson have a reputation for strong, quality products. We bought this after a recommendation from family who'd been using the larger model. We've been using it for several years now and can not fault the machine in terms of reliability. The main issue we've had has been with long hair being wrapped up in the multi-function head, to the point that it can jam the spinner. This requires us to remove the head, open it up and cut out the hair. We'll continue using this for now, but would likely look at other options for our next vacuum cleaner.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Nicks, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson. I am glad to hear your machine is still working well for you down the track. However, I am sorry to hear the head is jamming with hair. This isn't t... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Hard Work

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

It is neither light nor quiet. After my beloved old 70's Electrolux, this vacuum is hard work. The handle is uncomfortable, the nozzle is cumbersome, and the heavy-duty suction through the multi-floor head makes the job a real chore for me.
I have tried to contact the retailer and Dyson about an alternative head, thinking this might help, but so far have had no response.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Dorelle, I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your machine. Please email your details to askdyson@dyson.com.au, and we will be more than happy to discuss your concerns and help find a more... read more »

• 1 comment
  • 23 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Average performance,... constant fight to move

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2017

This is my second Dyson,....average suction and performance but this unit is so damn hard to lug around the house,...believe me I use at least 3 times a week and it is like a gym workout just to get the darn thing to follow me ,....would definitely recommend trying something else on the market as this model is poorly designed and makes this routine chore a real battle

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble moving your DC29 around; This isn't something that we'd expect from your DC29. Could you please email your details, along with a photo of your ... read more »

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Amazing! Will always spend the extra cash buy a Dyson Vaccum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

Light, easy to use. All accessories click in to the right places with no issue so you don't lose bits. Fits together like a dream to change appliances, Never misses a beat and most importantly for me doesn't constantly flip over when going around corners like the flat rectangle vacuums. Sucking is second to none, also looks super styley. Spend the $$ its an investment and so worth it,

1 of 19 pages

I have a DC29. Replaced the head after talking to online support. Brand new head, but the rollers won't engage. Checked switches (reversed with the reset switch to check). Head still does not turn. I am thinking maybe the other "red reset switch" breaker or fuse may be gone. If that is not the problem, I don't know what to check next. Please advise?

Brian asked on Apr 13, 2017

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your question.

The DC29, does not come with a turbine head, so it will be helpful to look into this in more detail.

Please send us an email at askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be happy to look into this further and assist you with your machine

Mira
Facebook.com/dyson

My DC29 has just blown up and having read all the reviews, I can only say that all the models manufactured around 2011 MUST be faulty and should be recalled and replaced. In some parts of the world Dyson give a lifetime guarantee.....how come that doesn't apply in Australia and New Zealand? I know why - because our models are made in Malaysia!! I'm absolutely fed up about having wasted all that money, I was so sure that I was purchasing the best. Come on Dyson put your money where your mouth is and provide me with a replacement. Judy

Judy asked on Apr 03, 2017

Hi Judy,

I am sorry to hear your machine has failed. Please be assured our helpline system monitors all data for any spikes in reported issues and we haven’t had any reports indicating regular issues.

While Dyson guarantees do vary world wide, we don't offer a lifetime guarantee in any country, however regardless of a guarantee status, we are happy to assist with any queries or problems.

I would encourage you to email askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be more than happy to discuss how to service your machine.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Shan
Facebook.com/Dyson

Thank you for replying Shan. You've asked me to to discuss with Dyson how to service my machine Hello!! It blew up so servicing is not applicable in my case. I've looked at the reviews on this particular model and the majority are atrocious. and to any sensible person this would most certanly indicate 'regular issues'. So what you're saying is that you have planned obsolescence down to perfection. Perhaps then it's time to realign your price to match the brief lifespan of your product. Best wishes, Judy

Hello. I have the wheels not rolling well and can see fluff and hair stuck in them. Am I able to take it apart and clean it out or do I need a new head?

ness asked on Mar 31, 2017

Hi Ness,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The mini rollers under the head are best cleaned by using pin point tweezers.

If that does not resolve the issue, then please feel free to purchase a new head which is available online here: http://shop.dyson.com.au/spare-parts/dual-mode-floor-tool-916962-02

If we can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to call us on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Mira