This product has been discontinued by Dyson.

• 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2014

Started out great then not so much

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

We have the dyson DC29 and when i first used it I was very impressed. Over the course of 3 years it has become less than impressive. It lost power (although they say they don't), the floor attachment is difficult to use at best, the plastic tube and hand piece are flimsy, the wheel are noisy. If I had the choice again I wouldn't buy a Dyson. I have a cheap shop vac that work 100% better which is a real shame.

Just as some additional information yes all filters have been cleaned and/or replaced and it makes no difference. Very disappointing in this one as dyson do make some decent products.

Date Purchased: May 2005

Going Strong For 12 Years!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2017

This cleaner has been helping us clean 3 family homes. Best suction by far of ANY cleaner I've tried previously or since.If there has ever been a problem,the call centre have been marvellous.
The best thing about Dyson,is that you are dealing with them,the manufacturer. Consequently,you don't get "gouged"on the cost of spare parts....and so simple to fix. All in all,I'm wrapped in Dyson and also bought 2 stick cleaners for our children in their homes.
The only minus I should mention is, it does tend to be quite cumbersome for my wife to handle.She does love the Dyson stick vacuum to maneuver.

Perth

Date Purchased: Jun 2010

7 years and still going

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

Iv had my dyson vacuum for 7 years and it still works brilliantly, moves easily, has good suction, little bit squeely in noise but i think in comparison to other brands of vacuums its lasted alot longer and well worth money spent. I would like to get the hand held cordless vacuum for pets, if my dyson eventually dies.

nsw

• 7 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Can understand why it is discontinued!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

It's very cumbersome and the attachments are useless.Skirting/edge attachment sucks the bristles into the pipe so it's suction is inadequate.Dyson apparently has a very good reputation.Not so this model, I wish I hadn't purchased it! I have since purchased a Target vacuum cleaner at a fifth of the price that is 200% better than the Dyson.I would not buy Dyson products again and encourage prospective purchasers to look carefully before buying.Very,very disappointing.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your DC29. The brushes on the combination tool shouldn't be sucked into the machine. Please email askdyson@dyson.com.au with your details and we... read more »

Quinns Rocks

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Had big shoes to fill

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

When our trusty stand-up Dyson of over 10 years wasn't doing the job as well as it used to I was very scared to replace it. But when a secondhand barrel design was advertised cheap thought why not .. and I am glad I did because it is great I can go into so many more places than the stand up and it is so resistant to being dragged and bashed around I just love it. Only thing is it a bit heavy special or for when I am doing the car. Otherwise a gem.

Date Purchased: Jul 2012

Can't live without my dyson

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Great vacuum fantastic machine
Wouldn't buy any other had mind for quite a few years
No breakage faultless still works a treat
No bags to buy just empty wash filter easy to do
Easy to move around
Great suction
I am very pleased with my Dyson the one to buy

Date Purchased: Aug 2013

Good suction but a bit heavy to haul around

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Bought it at a sale at good guys 4 years ago, very happy still works like a treat. A bit bulky but durable, has lasted several knocks and kicks. The cleaning is abit of pain as it requires reassembly and filter requires a bit of work as it get quite dirty after every couple of months. The head can catch a lot hair and may need a lot of work to remove - I had to get a replacement head as it caught a lot of hair and wheels wouldn't turn any more - making it unusable.
It is definitely louder than newer models.

Australia

• 9 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2016

This is perfect, can't live without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

This Dyson is amazing. I actually enjoy vacuuming the house now. It's easy to move around the room and the suction is awesome. I have two pups that spend most of their time indoors and the Dyson does an amazing job at keeping the house spotlessly. I've had my Dyson for over a year and I still love it.

• 1 question

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Acceptable performance but heavy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

I have been regularly sing this dyson vacuum since last about 10 months. Happy with the performance. Long power cord helps me to move around rooms and family areas without unplugging and plugging hassle. Though it's bit heavy my wife doesn't like to use, but I like to keep it as it's sucking dust and small objects quite well. Overall happy with the buy.

Purchased at: Myer

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Good and convenient

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

When we first moved into our own house, we decided to buy a vacuum machine that could last for a long time. Dyson is definitely one of the best. It is not quite light or quiet, but I am very pleased with its performance. And it is easy to use.

Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Great value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

Great suction and easy to maneuver and accessories are handy to clean different areas
It is not heavy and after vacuum carpet and carpet is soft and clean
We have timber floors and carpet floors and we used it to vacuum car interior as well which works well, no complaint

Date Purchased: May 2014

best suction power

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

Bought this model together with Dyson handstick. It provides the best suction power with lots of storage. No vacuum bag required and dust collected is easy to disposed. The cable is very long to cover my dining and living areas. Use it on quarterly basis only as I have the handstick for daily use.

Date Purchased: Oct 2012

Strong suction but can struggle with long hair

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

Dyson have a reputation for strong, quality products. We bought this after a recommendation from family who'd been using the larger model. We've been using it for several years now and can not fault the machine in terms of reliability. The main issue we've had has been with long hair being wrapped up in the multi-function head, to the point that it can jam the spinner. This requires us to remove the head, open it up and cut out the hair. We'll continue using this for now, but would likely look at other options for our next vacuum cleaner.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Nicks, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson. I am glad to hear your machine is still working well for you down the track. However, I am sorry to hear the head is jamming with hair. This isn't t... read more »

• 1 review

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Hard Work

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

It is neither light nor quiet. After my beloved old 70's Electrolux, this vacuum is hard work. The handle is uncomfortable, the nozzle is cumbersome, and the heavy-duty suction through the multi-floor head makes the job a real chore for me.
I have tried to contact the retailer and Dyson about an alternative head, thinking this might help, but so far have had no response.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Dorelle, I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your machine. Please email your details to askdyson@dyson.com.au, and we will be more than happy to discuss your concerns and help find a more... read more »

I have since bought a Flat Out head for this machine, which has helped a lot, but it took a long time to get the assistance I needed on the issue.

Hi Dorelle,

I am sorry to hear you feel this way, it looks like each of your emails to askdyson@dyson.com.au was responded to same day.

If we can ever be of further assistance, please just reach out.

• 24 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Average performance,... constant fight to move

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2017

This is my second Dyson,....average suction and performance but this unit is so damn hard to lug around the house,...believe me I use at least 3 times a week and it is like a gym workout just to get the darn thing to follow me ,....would definitely recommend trying something else on the market as this model is poorly designed and makes this routine chore a real battle

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble moving your DC29 around; This isn't something that we'd expect from your DC29. Could you please email your details, along with a photo of your ... read more »

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Amazing! Will always spend the extra cash buy a Dyson Vaccum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

Light, easy to use. All accessories click in to the right places with no issue so you don't lose bits. Fits together like a dream to change appliances, Never misses a beat and most importantly for me doesn't constantly flip over when going around corners like the flat rectangle vacuums. Sucking is second to none, also looks super styley. Spend the $$ its an investment and so worth it,

Date Purchased: May 2017

Best vaccum so far for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2017

I bought the Dysona few months ago and I can't believe the difference it has made to my home cleaning regime ( I have pets). I have found It well made, reliable, powerful and easy to use especially if you have pets. It's also easy to clean and suctions is very good.

Mackay

• 4 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2012

Unuseable suction.

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2017

This vac is one of the most disappointing purchases that I have made.
They boast that Dyson has the most suction, which may well be true. However, it is more than the head supplied is able to accommodate. It sticks to a smooth floor, necessitating the purchase of a separate head. It is now usable for smooth floors, although the new head is a very simple plastic head that was way over priced.
The carpet head is hard to push forward because of the suction and lifts the carpet going backward.
The dealer advised that I needed a different head, but why should I need to buy yet another head to get the vac to work decently (if it will).
The hose is far too short and any other blokes that use one do it the same as I do - carry the machine with one hand and operate it with the other hand. Really!!!
A good machine with poor execution.
This review has been a long time coming, I have persevered with this Dyson but am over it now.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Hutchie, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the head of your machine. If you could please email askdyson@dyson.com.au with your details, we will be more than happy to help find a ... read more »

I have sent the email.
Waiting for a reply.

October 5th. Still no reply!!

MELBOURNE, Vic

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2017

The best buy to clean my house

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2017

I bought the vacuum cleaner recently after my last one broke down, and I'm so astonished by it's suction. it cleans the room very quickly and I don't have to do the same spot again and again. This has literally halved my cleaning time and proving to be worth the top dollar that I spent.
It is easy to clean and operate. Only negative could be, it's not very quiet, so if the baby is sleeping, put it away. But to maintain that level of suction power, it has to be noisy. I'm loving it.

Purchased at: Myer

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

A great vacuum cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2017

The suction is great. It is relatively easy to maneuver and best of all it is quiet! It is also very easy to empty...the dust doesn't fly up in your face. I use it for the carpets and the tiles. It works well on all areas. It was worth paying a bit more than I usually would have. I can highly recommend it.

Purchased at: Big W

1 of 12 pages

How can I trace the year I bought the dyson without docket? serial no: 241-AU-A Dc29, thanks Gerry

Gerry Ravensberg asked on Jan 01, 2018

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for your question.

This serial number format will be used for machines purchased prior to or around 2010.

Please reach out at askdyson@dyson.com.au with your full serial number and contact details and we will be happy to help you further.

Mira
Facebook.com/Dyson

Hi I bought this machine over 6 yrs ago its true they never lose suction. My only concern is the normal attachment for the floor detaches really easily now I curve to sucksomething up and it detaches! I also bought the pet hair attachment for carpets which has always worked well but also detaches with every swerve was there an answer to this or do I just continue to put up with it?

jess asked on Nov 01, 2017

Hi Jess,

Thank you for reaching out.

I am sorry to hear about this. So we can assist you in getting this resolved, please email askdyson@dyson.com.au and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help.

Facebook.com/Dyson

How can I remove the fine dust from the filter area? Powdery dust has collected behind the fine wire filter. Help Flo

Flo asked on Oct 07, 2017

Hi Flo,

Thank you for your query.

It is normal to see some dust behind the holes in the cyclone, however, please be assured this is a fine layer only and won't affect the performance of your machine, nor it's filtration.

That being said, if you wish to remove this, this can be achieved by using a can of compressed air, or an air compressor.

If we can assist further, please email askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be more than happy to help.

See all 46 questions about Dyson DC29 Multi Floor