Safety Bay

Car: 2010 Hilux 4x4 Dual Cab

Great tyres and price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Bought these tyres at the recommendation of the salesman at the store, couldn't be happier with my purchase. They're quiet and perform well in all conditions. Have had them for nearly 12 months now and they have been better than my previous Bridgestones, and they were a cheaper option by far than a replacement set of Bridgestones. Highly recommend Falken Tyres for any vehicle

Car: 1997 Toyota Prado and off road camper trailer

Long term review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I have bought these tyres because they have a 3ply side wall, were made in japan and very reasonably priced. I have runned them on my prado and camper. The size I'm running is 265/75R16 on both car and camper. I have had no issues with the tyres at all, running different pressures to suit the terrain they give plenty of traction, good wear and are reasonably quiet. The only downside I can see is they retain some rocks in the thread. Would I buy the again. Going on the service I have had with them I would definitelly put the on my short list again.

Kempsey

Car: 2017 Nissan Navara

Look nice and do the job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Really impressed with these tyres. They don't cost a fortune and look really good on my 2017 Nissan Navara. They seem to have good traction and aren't slippery on the road at all. I went from having the stockie road tyres, which were really slippery when there was any wet weather to these and you can notice an instant difference. They aren't noisy at all either.

Perth, Western Australia

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Car: 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee

WildPeak's new AT3

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

So far these tyres are proving VERY good all round. I bought 275 65 18's for my Jeep grand cherokee and yes they make a slight noise, not as noisy as you would expect but its there, don't buy them if you want a silent tyre. If you plan to go off road occasionally these are awesome, they look sensational and wet weather grip is very very good. I'd buy them again and they're very well priced compared to the KO2's.

Car: Rodeo dual cab 4wd

Wild Peake Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

Started to notice cracking and lettering coming away on one Tyre at 37000 and was told it was because of gutter scrapping Gradually all tyres doing the same damn rep rude and said nothing wrong as did dealer but unable to pass roadworthy So much for guarantee Very disappointed and not going to risk them on a trip to the outback

Car: 2013 R51 Pathfinder

Good Allrounder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

I fitted the AT3 265/70R16XL's to our 2013 R51 Pathfinder and have travelled 10,000km so far. Previously we had the Continental H/T's on. The XL's have a thicker side wall and immediately I noticed that the body roll was lessened considerably, especially going through round abouts and offroad. They handle the sand much better than our previous tyre and I have had them as low as 11psi. I have not had any issues in the wet. One thing I have noticed after a recent 100km stretch on gravel is that they are better at 90km'h than they are at 60km/h. This is probably due to throwing the stones out of the tread better at this speed. Also, the road noise is only marginally louder than the H/T's we had on. In the wet, they do not lose as much traction when full throttle off the line is applied as the previous tyres did from new. I would recommend these tyres to any one looking for a very rugged allrounder that needs a tyre for city, bush and beach driving. The difference over the stock tyre is quite astonishing. These are my 8th set of off road tyres on varying vehicles.

• 2 comments
  • 11 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Car: Nissan 265/65/17

Falken suprise

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

Usually I have had a road going tyre on my 4x4 as it spend most of the time on the black stuff ,but with the recent purchase of a new 4x4 dual cab ,I selected a rim tyre package to complement it ,as it turns out these Falken tyres were on special at the time , they are an aggresssive looking a/t tyre so far wear has been good ,grip levels up there with most of them ,no white letter 'yes' ,and seem quite on the smooth bitumen ,well price ,especially if you can grab a set while discounted .
Overall a good tyre I reckon , fingers crossed they last for 70/85k kms they have a pretty deep tread so shouldn't be a problem with rotation and scheduled wheel. Alignments

• 1 answer

Car: 1998 Isuzu Wizard mu

Great 4x4 tyre

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2018

I have driven 180.000 ks in my vehicle and so far have fitted new tyres twice. I normally run Bridgestone tyres; but this time due to price and recommendations from several 4x4 forums I had Falken Wildpeak A/T tyres fitted. The garage showed me a Falken tyre with 128,000 ks on it and it still had legal tread. At first I found the tyres a bit "uncertain" when cornering but this was due to the dressing on the tyre surface, After a few ks the tyres settled down, and I noticed these tyres run quieter then the Bridgestone tyres; and hold the road well. If you rotate your tyres every 10,000ks Falken claim 80,000ks plus achievable. The Bridgestone gave me 60,000 and 65,000 ks so will be interesting to see how the Falken perform. So far they have 4500ks on them.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Noosa

Car: Nissan Patrol Y62 series 3

Aggressive look but all the benefits of an all terrain

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

We have a Nissan Patrol Y62 and are travelling Australia towing a 3T caravan. We needed reliable tyres that were great off road but quiet on road with good tread life. We are thrilled with our AT3 wildpeaks and blown away by their performance. We have been in torrential downpour and people were getting off the road, but our wildpeaks were stable and handled the wet beautifully. We have also gone off-road and been equally impressed. The noise is minimal and dry handling excellent.

Car: Nissan Navara

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

Although these tyres looked to have an aggressive tread pattern they are terrible in any off road situation ,even wet grass they offer very little traction. Have had these for about 12 months on a navara dual cab and done about 30k km and they are pretty much done. Having BF Goodrich ko2s fitted today.

• 3 helpful votes

Car: 2010 Freelander2

Good tyres.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

I chose Falken tyres because the store was having them on sale at the time. I was worried whether they could last as long as the store manager advised. This is still being tested.
Noise of the tyres are louder than continental tyres. Had run on the tyres for more than 3 months. They still look very good.
Consider the price I would say they are good for the value..

Perth

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers

Car: 2010 Mazda BT50

Aggressive looking A/T with no noise

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

I just had Wild Peak AT3's fitted to my BT50 and they look awesome, and as the other reviews suggest no noise.
I am about to embark on an 8000 km round trip to the top end of WA and back taking on plenty of dirt and sand driving and will update review on return.
Part 2 having done 10,000 kms, including a good deal of heavily corrugated (dirt roads at 25psi and average 80kmph) to smooth out the bumps and plenty of Highway driving loaded up with all the camping gear and extra water/fuel I'm still impressed.
Handling on the dirt was excellent and soft Beach sand at 17psi not a problem, also on wet roads on return to Perth plenty of grip.
Measured tread in centre of tyres when new 10mm, now having racked up 10,000 kms measures just under 9mm.
Also still quiet.

Purchased at: AHG (Automotive Holdings Group)

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Car: Toyota Hilux Sr5 2000 model

best on the market for the price

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2017

Put these to the test and past with flying colours! Mad to pay top dollar when these tyres will do the same if not better. Very quiet on the road, comfortable ride and grippy when you need it. Previous had Bridgestone A /T duller, another good tyre but the falken at3 w much much better. Took a leap of faith and now laughing with the off road gods!

Car: 2010 Ford Ranger

Great value for money.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

I have a set on my ranger that have travelled approx 75000 ks, mainly on the bitumen with some dirt track driving and expect around 80000 ks and will fit the same again.
Smooth and quite ride that holds the road and hangs on in the wet,
Have rotated and balanced approximately every 10000 ks and they've worn evenly.
Overall a good tyre for the price.

Mandurah wa

Car: Kia carnival

Great tyres, great price

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

Fabulous tyres that are reasonably priced.
Purchased in August 2016 we have noticed there is no wear of the tread at all in the 8 months we've had them.
From the day they were put on the car has felt smoother to drive than it was before.
Bob Jane tyres really looked after us with our selection too. Even better we bought 3 and got one free! We also bought a spare just incase we ever need one.

Car: landcruiser 100 series

Not a good tyre

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

Fitted to my 2007 Land cruiser 100 series. Previously at Bridgestone dueller A/T's which were fantastic. Went with the cheaper option to try out, got a set of highway tryes for the car at same time, they have been great but these ones on the cruiser wear very fast and on the edges, I have been back to Bob Jane and they did nothing but said keep an eye on them. I will be lucky to have them see out 40000km - which is not good for a 4x4 tyre. I guess at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

Car: Patrol GU cab-chassis 285×75×16

Great tyre

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

I've only had these tyres on for a few thousand kays but up to date I'm really happy with them. Quiet. Comfortable. Good wet and dry grip. Mostly on bitumen at the moment but have heard from others they are really good offroad. As yet i cant see any wear but like I said. Only a few thousand on them at the moment.
So far I'm wrapped. Great tyre...great price.

Car: Suzuki Grand Vitara

91,000km wild peak h/t fantastic

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2016

I ran wild peak h/t and have just now at 91,000 km have to change! Fantastic tyre highway and off road. Have done 4wd on sand and some rough road not the heavy 4wding. Have done a lot of road and highway driving up and down ranges and outback. Tyres performance have been great on the roads in dry and wet! Going back for my second set definitely got my monies worth!!

Albion park

• 4 answers

Car: Ford ranger

Nearly balled less than 30,000ks

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2016

These tyres are the worst I've ever purchased got less than 30,000 and I had been complaining to bob Jane about several issues with the wear on the side walls also and they don't wana know me so wouldn't recoded either go mickey Thompson much better tyre and quality and tyre power now look after my wheel needs

Murwillumbah

• 11 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 15 helpful votes

Car: 2005 Diesel Prado

Total Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2016

Fitted to my Wife's 2005 Prado at Bob Jane Tweed Heads. After 15,000 k's we will be lucky if they last another 10,000. No the car is not driven hard, I run between 38- 40psi in them, and I have never seen tyres wear on the outer edges so fast (front and back). Tyres are rotated every 5000k's also. Emailed Bob Jane several times about this and was totally ignored. Don't wast your money people!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Just a follow up. 20,000KM and the tyres are stuffed. My Wife took the car for a Pink Slip today, and it was knocked back due to all 4 tyres being worn on the outer and inner edges. Even the Mechan... read more »

1 of 2 pages