Filter By:

• 25 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Friendly and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

4 weeks into a 16 week stay in Canada, my wife suffered very painful and debilitating shingles. This was despite being inoculated for shingles4 months before our departure.
Apart from being automatically covered by our Visa card in the past, this was the first time we'd bought Travel Insurance and expected the worst in terms of nit-picking documentation and hostile inquisition.
My first contact with Fast Cover was by phone. A treatment report and medical release form was emailed to us within minutes. The covering email added a personal tou
ch in expressing sympathy "that something unexpected had happened on our trip".
Next we were told we needed to fill in an actual claim form. This was promptly emailed. The 12 page claim form seemed daunting until we realised much of it wasn't applicable to our particular claim and could be answered simply with an "N/A".
When I phoned to confirm receipt of the completed claim form, I was amazed to be told that a decision would be made within 2 business days. We were advised two days later that the claim had been accepted and the refund with an accurate Canadian currency conversion appeared in our bank account next day as promised,
Positives: The Fast Cover service was excellent as well as being very friendly, prompt and businesslike.
My only reservation was a limitation of $40,000 on Medical Expenses.
In Canada we could not get to see a GP and were referred to a hospital emergency dept 40 kilometres distant. At the hospital, a 20 minute consultation cost a flat charge for non-residents of $C1015.
Actual admittance can cost in the order of $2,000 per day. This is exacerbated the Canadian free medical system which involves long waits for any specialised attention but never tell Canadians their free medical system is pathetic
Canadians love their free medical system despite all its faults.
In summary, FastCover service is excellent but travelers should seriously consider the adequacy of a $40,000 limit on medical expenses - especially in North America.
This advice is not intended in any way as a criticism of FastCover whose website and supporting documentation make their medical expenses limit quite clear.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Tasiturn, thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback on your positive experience with Fast Cover. Also, great tip about why you shouldn't comment on the Canadian medical system!... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

travel

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

dealing with fast cover for some time now, this probably 5th time I have taken out a policy with them and though I compare them against others they always come up cheapest and their service is excellent, have not claimed so far and can not comment but feel sure the same support would be forthcoming

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Sandman, Thanks for your lovely review! We're always happy to hear from our frequent travellers! I'm so glad you've found our customer service and prices are excellent. We work hard to be com... read more »

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Excellent Travel Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

This was the first time I used this guys for a domestic travel insurance policy. The policy itself was very good value. I had a minor accident when I was driving a rental vehicle. Reported the accident to fast cover immediately. Very friendly staff. After coming back from holidays, did the online claim. The process was fast and smooth. Would definitely use this company for my future trips and recommend it to family and friends.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Masoud, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your positive experience. I'm sorry to hear you had an accident on your trip but very glad we were able to assist you with ... read more »

perth

• 5 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Scam link

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

After returning from our holidays we got spam from Fast Cover so rather than open it I hit the "unsubscribe" tab which took me straight to google calendar and locked me in with all our personal details of upcoming flights etc, this is outrageous !!! you shouldn't get spam just because your a customer but they automatically do this and it's wrong, but it's totally unacceptable that when you hit the unsubscribe tab you get any thing but unsubscribed , I'd like to know who is responsible for this blatant breach of privacy and why they did it ,
not happy Fast Cover.........................

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Dave, Thanks for letting me know about your experience. I take all reviews seriously and I have just private messaged you to get more information. Once you reply I can unsubscribe you as reque... read more »

Thanks for the reply but why didn't you reply to my email and wait till I posted on Product Review ? my policy number is FST0121302 and I still want to know who is responsible for this issue and wh... read more »

Recap, the manager at fast cover has been in contact with me and I am now sure that Fast Cover was NOT responsible for the spam email we received, we can only assume that Google itself gathered tha... read more »

Good value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2017

As we have purchased a policy earlier this year and just purchased another one for travel in August with another purchase for travel nearing October this year 2017. We feel very confident with this company with their polices and pricing, have recommended this company to many of our friends.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Bobalog,

Thanks for your review & for being a loyal customer.

I hope your upcoming trip is wonderful!

Happy travelling! :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

Having had to make my first claim after many uses of Travel Insurance, I was unsure as to how the process would progress. Fast Cover were excellent and I was kept fully informed at each stage. First class service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi William,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience!

I am sorry that you needed to make a claim and I hope you were still able to enjoy your holiday! Let us know when you're travelling next as we'd love to help :)

Quick and Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

We are travelling in November and applied for this policy quick and easy online... After reading other reviews I am certain our holiday is going to be worry free with this travel insurance to back us.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Barry & Jodie, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience! I hope you have an incredible holiday! If you do need help whilst you're away please call the 24hr Emergency Assistanc... read more »

Great company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

My son broke his leg in Greece recently and Fast Cover were absolutely fabulous. I want to thank you so much for taking care of him so well. Greatly appreciated being so helpful and so prompt. I am telling all family and friends to take Fast cover out for their next holiday.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Trin,

Thanks for your lovely review. I am so glad you got the help you needed for your loved one and I hope he has recovered okay!!

Let us know when you're travelling next as we'd love to help.

Vanessa

Haven't claimed anything but service good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Great customer service easy to use. Lots of cover choices and the policy was value for money. I havent needed to claim anything yet but hopefully the after service is just as efficient if I have to make a claim.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Annie,

Thanks for your review.

Take a couple copies of your policy with you as the document has claim information and your emergency contact details for when you're overseas. I hope you have a great holiday!

Happy travelling!

Well Priced

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

I needed to change my original Policy as I found my travel cover didnt cover any issues arising with my 100 Year old Mother. This was done efficiently . I found both policies (Comprehensive and Medical only) very well priced.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lindsay,

Thanks for letting us know about your experience.

I remember assisting you! Have a wonderful holiday!!

Unreliable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

Never get insurance from this company. They will never cover you and try to convince that it is all your fault. I had a really bad experience with them. Never ever get this Insurance

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Aman, Thanks for letting us know about your experience. I take all reviews like yours seriously and I have been following it up with the claims team today to find out what happened. T... read more »

Having the $200 excess meant I was unable to claim my $150 medical expense or the loss of a small ca

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

It appears that travel insurance is really only useful if you have some really major mishap or medical emergency - for smaller claims it is nor worth trying to claim because of the $200 excess and for older items the 60% deterioration makes it unfeasible.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Raymond, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. With any travel insurance company you have the option to reduce excess and sometimes even increase excess. On Fast Cover's int... read more »

Fastcover great value and price

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

Have used Fastcover many times and always have found them easy and efficient with no hassles. Great communication. Great value on cover, easy to understand and to apply and pay.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

Hope you have a wonderful holiday and if you have any queries don't hesitate to contact us.

Happy travels!

Alex

Insurance claim made

Easy to set up. Easy to claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

We have used FAST COVER TRAVEL INSURANCE for at least five of our trips. Firstly I get info and quote on computer, then I ring, set up and pay for our policy. Amazing helpful staff who advise me of a better sometimes cheaper option. Just so easy . We always feel peace of mind when using FAST COVER.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lynny, Thankyou for your kind feedback! We love hearing from our frequent travellers! I'm so glad you found it easy to get a quote on our website and we're able to help you find the best... read more »

After studying the many different Travel Insurance Companies, and reviews, Fast Cover stood out BEST

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

Excellent value for a 67 year old senior. Simple to get a quote, and also to take out a policy.
I cannot comment on Customer Support as fortunately I did not have to make a claim. Be aware of the excess if you do claim and the conditions are lengthy and have a lot of exclusions, as is the case with all other companies. Closest claims I had was when I fell off a stool in a McDonalds in Manila, that was not fixed to the floor, as I was accustomed to in Australia. Also, nearly went to Doctor or Hospital with badly swollen feet, as feared DVT, but
found be elevating on double pillows when sleeping or resting in bad, swelling began decreasing slowly. Back in Australia for 3 days and I still have some swelling. Had I have need to claim while o'seas, I may have had difficulty in uploading my flight itinerary and various tax invoices, as I am still on 'L' (Learner plates) with my recently acquired IPhone. But I'm sure staff at hotels I stayed at would have assisted me. I'm having trouble completing this review, in Upload proof of purchase, I've given the Policy Number, what more could you want? And I have given my email again, which is same as on the policy. I'm now beginning to see I most likely would have trouble providing info required if I had had need to make a claim.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Colin, Thankyou for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you found getting a quote and purchasing a policy online was simple. For future reference, if you do need any assistan... read more »

Melbourne

• 7 questions

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Claim Made Successful, Fast & Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

Like alot of policies you really know only how good it is to you make a claim and providing you meet the product disclosure statement for making a claim everything should be good. I made my first claim for a small amount I am in Saigon developed a rash had to goto medical centre where they spoke English had consultation and got some cream and medicine. Submitted claim with all documents provided by the medical centre more is better claim was processed in 5 days. Claim process is quite lengthy just ensure you have all flight itinerary, tax invoi ce etc ready to upload other then that excellent.

July 13th 2017 Update: Another Claim made Successfully

This was my second claim I made the first one was for a small amount for medical this claim was for the loss of my camera.
I followed what was required on the PDS as it was a Saturday I was unable to contact Fastcover to determine the exact requirements which is why I reverted to the PDS. I proceeded to obtain a report in regards to the loss and lodged online with all relevant information required.
The claim was approved and processed within 9 business days overall extremely happy but I did follow the guidelines in the PDS which as long as you meet the criteria and conditions all claims should be paid.
*** I have no issue recommending Fastcover to any friends although my Policy was taken out earlier in which the claim was made through Allianz as they where the underwriter at the time. I don't know how there new underwriter Hollard is which is who all new policies are underwritten by.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Brent, Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear you were unwell on your trip but I'm glad we were able to quickly assist you with your claim. Having all your documents ready to submi... read more »

Fantastic Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2017

Althought I've not yet had to make a claim with Fast Cover, their customer service has been absolutely superb. Highest regards! Many thanks for your help so far, Fast Cover.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Zach,

Thanks for your kind words!

Hope you have an incredible holiday and if you have any queries don't hesitate to contact us!

Happy travelling!

Insurance claim made

Fast cover for Recent Bali trip - Amazing experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Emilie, Thanks so much for your great review! I am sorry to hear about what happened 2 days in to your trip but I am glad we assisted and you were able to enjoy the rest of your holiday. ... read more »

Figtree,n.s.w. 2525 australia

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

There is no doubt the policy is good but my flight was delayed and I lost 2days work I tried to claim but I was told that I was not entitled for a claim. Never mind I will still stick to the same fast cover policy. Thank you

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Ram, Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Sorry to hear about missing a couple days of work but hope you were able to enjoy your holiday anyway. Let us know when you're trav... read more »

Fast Cover Travel Insurance - Very Efficient and Consumer Friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

Everything about this Travel Insurance is excellent. It had a very efficient and fast on-line application system which produced the policy, approved it and sent me a copy. If I needed to clarify something, it had a very helpful lady (forgot her name) who was prepared to listen and was extremely patient. She is an asset to the company. I had to make a claim as one of my bags got damaged during the journey. The claim procedure was very efficient and very prompt. It was approved and the funds deposited into my bank account within a very few days. I would recommend this policy to any and all travelers. Professor David and Mrs Sulo Thambiratnam Brisbane, Australia

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi David, Wow thanks so much for your feedback about our process, staff & claim experience! I am sorry to hear about your luggage but glad you were able to claim and get compensation. I hope ... read more »

1 of 9 pages

Can I 1) edit my FastCover Travel Insurance Review now awaiting verification ? 2) or ask you to add the 2 sentences paragraph below? 3) or do I have to include them in an entirely separate? Option 2 is my preferred one as the other 2 will appear fairly clunky and may give the wrongful impression that I've been placed under duress by FastCover. Addendum: "My warning regarding adequacy of Medical Cover in North America is in no way a criticism of FastCover. The $40,000 Medical Cover limit is made quite clear on their website."

Tasiturn asked on Jul 25, 2017

Hi Tasiturn,

Thank you for your query.

Yes, it is possible to edit your review, you just need to log into Product Review and edit what you have submitted.
It's not possible for us to edit the your review.

You can click on this link which will show you how to edit your review: https://support.productreview.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/203909226-Can-I-edit-my-review-or-change-my-rating-

Hope the above helps - if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Kind Regards,
Sally

Hi, I am planning a holiday to newzeland and we are wanting to go jet boating, would this be covered as included activity?

KTout asked on Jul 10, 2017

Hi KTout,

Thanks for your question!

Jet Boating isn't something we automatically include in our policies or in our Adventure Pack. Please see our list of activities here: https://fastcover.com.au/what-we-cover/activities. You can still have a policy with us you just couldn't claim for anything related to Jet Boating.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected] or call on 1300 409 322.

Have an amazing trip to New Zealand!!

Kind regards, Vanessa

Hi, just wondering about the terms and conditions for covering small electronic devices? What happens if accidental damage occurs or if an item is lost? I.e dropped out of a pocket or bag? Also, do you price match or offer any promo code discounts? Thanks!

Tegan asked on Jul 04, 2017

Hi Tegan,

Thanks for your question!

There is quite a bit of information about luggage and personal effects. The best thing for you to do is have a look at pages 45-49 in our online PDS where it lists the terms and conditions plus what to do if damage/theft occurs to your items.

Online PDS link: https://fastcover.com.au/pds

Also here is the link to our coupon code page: https://fastcover.com.au/coupon-codes

If you scroll down the coupon page you will see some options for discounts, just pick the one you want and proceed to the quote page!

Hope that helps! If you have some specific claims questions then the number for the claims team is 1300 409 322. Listen to the menu and select the Hollard Claims Option. Let the claims team know that you want to buy a policy however you want to know what happens in the scenarios you've mentioned.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any further questions or call me on 1300 409 322 9-6pm AEST.

See all 32 questions about Fast Cover Travel Insurance