Filter By:

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Accident claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Son broke his ankle unable to work and support himself- so far hasn’t paid anything out, won’t cover loss of income, making us get additional specialist opinions and won’t pay for them. Wont t accept Australian orthopaedic opinion on scans. Won’t cover flight home, won’t cover his rent. My son is stuck there and out of money. Don’t use them. My next step is legal action

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Helene,

I am really sorry to hear about your son! How horrible. I've just sent you a private message so I can get some more information & follow it up with the correct manager.

Thank you.

Customer Service Manager

Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Helene, I have spoken to Laura at the claims team as I wanted to clarify a few things. Laura confirmed that the medical costs are all currently being reviewed, they haven't been denied. In re... read more »

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Unfortunately I have to give my experience with Fast Cover 2 stars. My family and I travel often and we typically purchase the best value for money deal that we could find, even if that meant that our correspondence were with people from overseas and long wait times on the phone. However this time, we were willing to spend a little bit more money and decrease our excess to make sure that if any incidents occurred we would have easy communication with insurance representatives from Australia and a no fuss experience (which is what most of the reviewers had pronounced, however in hindsight a lot of them hadn't had to make a claim). Our initial contact with Fast Cover seemed promising - our calls were taken promptly whilst we were overseas and the emergency reps would respond speedily via email. When we arrived back from our trip, we did not want to fill out pages and pages of paperwork online so the representative was very helpful to get the process started over the phone, however progress quickly slowed down. Two weeks later I received an email saying they were still waiting on my attachments of receipts and emails even though I had sent them the day the claim was made (meaning they had not even looked at my documents yet) and even though Fast Cover's turn around is supposed to be 10 working days. I would email intermittently asking for updates with no response. I would finally call and the representative said that the emails were not working (how is it possible for such a breakdown of communication to occur for days without any updates via Facebook or even a phone call). Then my claim needed additional supporting documents which prolonged this frustrating experience even further. This lack of efficiency is just unacceptable for the premium that we paid for. It has been almost 1 month that we have finally settled all claims. The only person who apologized for the irritation was a representative who had to take a message for me since the rep handling our claim was not at her desk. Though the lady handling our claims was polite enough, she (and her manager - as the manager was the one supposedly approving or disapproving claims) was neither apologetic or empathetic and obviously did not treat this claim with enough urgency. We are disappointed that we drew the short straw, especially since there are raving reviews about this company.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We always strive to provide the best service for our travellers, especially in times of... read more »

Never Again - No relief at a tough time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Absolute debacle. Couldn’t get any info on what we could and couldn’t claim when I called after my nan passed away whilst we were on holidays. Then put a claim in after losing and having to pay for multiple flights only to have them reject the claim because my man was 85 when she passed and that was there cut off age. Tried to speak with a manager and grounds for compassion or trying to assist with some other form of assistance or compensation and was told no! Would never recommend using them and certainly won’t use them again!

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi DC7,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Could you send me your policy number in a private message so I can look into this for you?

Kind regards, Lindy

Recomended to us by Friends

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

This will be the first time for us to use fast cover we normally travel two to three times a year and have always used Allianz. And fortunately have never had to make a claim.
As fast cover were highly recommended to us we thought we would give them a go, We found they were very competitive in their price structure. The website was easy to navigate and we liked the fact you could add extras on the policy if needed.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Vialli, Thanks for your lovely review! We do work hard on making sure our website is easy for our travellers to use so that's the best feedback we can get! I'll definitely pass this on to the ... read more »

FastCover has 3 options of cover, which suit us

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

We just love the structure of the options, which means that
there's no need to pay extra for cover not needed. We have used
FastCover many times before and found their pricing good and
will recommend to friends and relatives.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Sim,

Thanks for your lovely review! It's so nice to hear from our frequent travellers. I hope you had a wonderful trip and we look forward to hearing from you for your next holiday!

Lindy

Still waiting make a claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

I have been using Fast Cover travel Insurance in last few years on my round the world travels.I never made a single claim,but I recon they will be morons to get money payouts like all insurance companies are! I will keep using this Fast Cover company on my future trips just to prove my point,when I will have to make a insurance claim one day!Then I will give them rating!

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Michael, We always strive to provide the best service for our travellers. We understand that things don't always go to plan on your trip and therefore you may need to put in a claim. I'm glad t... read more »

Impressive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2017

I purchased a Fastcover Domestic policy to cover my trip to central Australia. As it turned out, my first flight was seriously delayed due to an airport power outage. Consequently I missed my connecting flight to Uluru and was forced to spend the night in Sydney, and resume my trip the next day.

On submitting a claim for out-of-pocket expenses caused by the delay, not only did Hollard fully reimburse me, but their professional and prompt handling of the matter was most impressive.

Mary

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Mary, Thanks for your lovely review! I hope you were still able to enjoy your trip despite the flight delay. However, we're glad to hear that you had a smooth claims process. We'd love to h... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Insurance claim made

They did everything just to avoid paying any money!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

Our whole family purchased the insurance, so 5 policies in total. The policy was cheaper than other companies therefore we decided to go with it considering that cost for 5 people wasn't cheap - so we thought we found a good value for money. BUT NO there is no value whatsoever.

We made three claims of which only one went through, however with an extremely disappointing outcome. They support themselves with fine print which isn't 100% clear and when you actually go back to them with questions and asking for the ability to review the case again they don't even bother to respond to your emails like they promised they would.

I am really dissatisfied with the way FastCover handles enquiries and handles claims looking for just any reason not to pay.

Definitely will never buy their policy again nor recommend them to other people.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Aleksa, Could you please provide me with your policy number so I can investigate the points you have raised about claiming and being nonresponsive as this doesn't sound quite right. I will sen... read more »

Hi Vanessa, thank you for your message and I apologise for the late response. Of course, I will provide everything via private message.

Kind Regards,
Aleksa

Hi Aleksa,

Thanks for all the information you sent me via PM.

I am liaising with Claims at the moment about this.

Adelaide

• 2 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Excellent travel insurance, highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

We were planning our USA/Europe trip about 10 months in advance, so I had sufficient time to shop around for a travel insurance. I decided to choose FastCover underwritten by Allianz based on the benefits, price, friendliness and the fact that they answered lots of my questions. I chose to pay extra for NIL excess.
During our trip I had some medical problems first time in my life during an overseas trip. First in Malta, and then in Latvia I rang the FastCover and asked for advice. They were friendly, helpful and professional. Back home in Australia, I submitted two claims with the required documentations. There were both approved within a few days and money paid.
To summarise: highly recommended.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jas, Thank you for sending us your great feedback! I hope you were still able to enjoy your trip even though you had some medical problems arise. Give us a call when you need a quote for yo... read more »

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

The sign up process was extremely simple and quick and the quote competitive. Though that is the easy part, and most companies do that well.
For the first time in our experience we had a need to claim. My wife broke an ankle just prior to our trip and despite being still able to travel could not complete an active Kakadu trip that we had booked previously. Advised brief details by phone before we left, filled in the claim form, got doctors certificates etc when we returned. Lodged the claim on Thursday, had an approval Monday, and money in the account on Tuesday. A couple grand.
Couldn’t ask for more. Will use them again.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Barney, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am really sorry to hear about your wife's broken ankle. I hope she is recovering well & that you'll both be able to do t... read more »

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Had my doubts -but happy in the end

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Great value, slow process but good outcome I’m the end. I purchased travel insurance before I read reviews-then I got worried, as luck would have it needed to make a claim, but the claim process was diy easy simple and good communication I thought. The only thing I didn’t like was that everything had to be done online -but that’s very minor in comparison to my whole experience dealing with them. I would use them again no problems.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Samie, Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I'm glad you were happy with the outcome. For next time, you can post your claim documents to the claims team instead of submitting a... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Please be warned: You're not covered if an airline cancels your flights due to over/under booking.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

If an airline cancels your flight due to over/under booking – through no fault of your own; Fast Cover Standard Saver Insurance will NOT cover you for any additional expenses incurred, including all prepaid connecting flights missed as result. This was my horrible Fast Cover experience. I'm out of pocket, and feel let down by Fast Cover.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Tim, I take all reviews seriously, as soon as I received yours I contacted the Claims manager to provide me with some context to your review. Louise at Hollard confirmed that you currentl... read more »

I completely understand. I do feel though, that this event should be covered in any standard travel insurance policy. It feels like your Standard policy's fine-print also suggest's that you don't c... read more »

Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Tim, In the PDS under each benefit we list in green what is covered and in red what isn't. With the Standard level of cover there's no provision to claim for flight delays however there is unde... read more »

The only way to go

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

I travel overseas at least twice a year and have used Fast Cover many times. Its is fast, easy to use and very competitive. Highly recommend. Have had to make a claim a couple of times, these are handled fast and with no complications. Great Work

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi ShirleyR, Thanks for taking the time to leave us such great feedback - we really do appreciate it! Sorry to hear that you had to make a claim but I'm glad it was a smooth process for you. ... read more »

Excellent !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

Was very happy with the end result. Have used Fast Cover on numerous occasions for our travel insurance and they have been great. Will recommend to anyone who asks !!

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your lovely review! We love hearing from our frequent travellers.

Hope you have a great holiday and we'd love to hear from you again for your next trip!

Perth

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Travel Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

I use Fast Cover EVERY time I go away.
They are "Simply the Best"
Give them a go - you wont be disappointed
Its fast, clear and very easy to complete and the service is 5 star!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Stella,

Thanks for your lovely review!

We always strive to do the best for our travellers so we're definitely glad to hear such great feedback.

Thanks for always choosing Fast Cover and I hope you have an amazing trip!

• 7 helpful votes

So far so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

Hopefully we are going to have a great holiday and I won't need to update this post to tell of my claims experience! I obtained a quote online, followed it up at the call centre (Aussie speakers!) to confirm that I had chosen the right policy. They were clear about what the policy contained ie some terrorism cover, not complete but better than the other run of the mill policies.

They are a bit more expensive than the usual company I have been using. But to save $200 and then maybe have to spend $20,000 on medical...no brainer these days.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Punkyoz,

I hope you have a great holiday too!

Be sure to take a couple copies of your policy with you as it has your emergency contact details on it should you need assistance whilst away.

Happy travelling!

TERRIBLE!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

Not very helpful at all! My phone was damaged while I was away but because my plan only had 1 month left to go they did not cover it for me at all! I was $500 out of pocket and they declined to pay me back anythibg

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi L.s, I am going to follow this up with the Claims team as what you've described doesn't sound quite right. I will private message you now to get some more details. Thanks for your patienc... read more »

Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi L.s, The Claims department got back to me in regards to the result of your claim. The main reason you didn't receive the full amount back was that depreciation was applied as you have had the ... read more »

MELBOURNE

• 8 comments
  • 8 answers
  • 18 helpful votes
Private message

Great price, easy online contract

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

I have researched a lot of travel insurances on Product Review and Fast Cover Insurance seemed to be very good. Before I signed up I told a friend who assured me that Fast Cover is really good (they needed to make a claim not long ago and were paid without problems). I went on a domestic holiday for a week and paid very little for my policy. The main reason for signing up was because I hired a car and the excess to the hire company would have been enormous. Luckily I did not have any claims but I will certainly use Fast Cover Insurance again (overseas holiday is coming up in the near future)!

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Susiii,

Thanks for your lovely review!

Good to hear that you didn't have to make a claim, but if you did, we're always here to lend a helping hand.

We look forward to hearing from you again about your next holiday!

LOWER PORTLAND

Private message

Simple, great value and excellent coverage.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2017

Excellent value, I like being able to add 'a package', the website is easy to use and appreciate the lack of 'jargon'.
I used to check and compare all the all Travel Insurance companies but now I just use Fast Cover.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

We don't like 'jargon' either so don't think we should subject our travellers to it!!

Have an amazing trip!

Burnie, Tasmania

• 13 comments
  • 9 questions
  • 26 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Friendly and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

4 weeks into a 16 week stay in Canada, my wife suffered very painful and debilitating shingles. This was despite being inoculated for shingles4 months before our departure.
Apart from being automatically covered by our Visa card in the past, this was the first time we'd bought Travel Insurance and expected the worst in terms of nit-picking documentation and hostile inquisition.
My first contact with Fast Cover was by phone. A treatment report and medical release form was emailed to us within minutes. The covering email added a personal touch in expressing sympathy "that something unexpected had happened on our trip".
Next we were told we needed to fill in an actual claim form. This was promptly emailed. The 12 page claim form seemed daunting until we realised much of it wasn't applicable to our particular claim and could be answered simply with an "N/A".
When I phoned to confirm receipt of the completed claim form, I was amazed to be told that a decision would be made within 2 business days. We were advised two days later that the claim had been accepted and the refund with an accurate Canadian currency conversion appeared in our bank account next day as promised,
Positives: The Fast Cover service was excellent as well as being very friendly, prompt and businesslike.
My only reservation was a limitation of $40,000 on Medical Expenses.
In Canada we could not get to see a GP and were referred to a hospital emergency dept 40 kilometres distant. At the hospital, a 20 minute consultation cost a flat charge for non-residents of $C1015.
Actual admittance can cost in the order of $2,000 per day. This is exacerbated the Canadian free medical system which involves long waits for any specialised attention but never tell Canadians their free medical system is pathetic
Canadians love their free medical system despite all its faults.
In summary, FastCover service is excellent but travelers should seriously consider the adequacy of a $40,000 limit on medical expenses - especially in North America.
This advice is not intended in any way as a criticism of FastCover whose website and supporting documentation make their medical expenses limit quite clear.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Tasiturn, thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback on your positive experience with Fast Cover. Also, great tip about why you shouldn't comment on the Canadian medical system!... read more »

1 of 10 pages

Hai, My family of 4adults will be travelling to Europe(including Turkey) in December but on return we will stay in Singapore for 4 days, how do we add Singapore when we apply for our travel insurance? Thank you

Lisa asked on Nov 18, 2017

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your enquiry. When you select the Europe region, it automatically covers the lower region including Asia, the Pacific, New Zealand and Australia. Therefore, you would be covered when you travel to Singapore for 4 days under your Europe policy.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Lindy

I am going to the USA on a ski holiday and we want to do a snowmobile tour with a licensed company from Teton Mountain to Yellowstone on groomed trails. Does your insurance cover this? In particular does this cover personal liability on a motarised vehicle in the form of a snow mobile (which I will be driving with a tour guide.)

Kaz250 asked on Aug 31, 2017

Hi Kaz250,

Thanks for your enquiry. Sounds like a great trip that you've got planned!

With our Snow Sports Plus policy, we do cover snowmobiling. However, with regards to personal liability on a snowmobile, it is not covered.

As stated on page 54 on the PDS,

"We will not pay for anything you have to pay because of a legal claim against you for causing bodily injury, death or loss or damage to, or of, property, if the claim arises out of or is for:
The ownership, custody or use of any firearm or weapon, aerial device, watercraft or mechanically propelled vehicle."

Email me at enquiries@fastcover.com.au if you have any further queries.

Lindy

Can I 1) edit my FastCover Travel Insurance Review now awaiting verification ? 2) or ask you to add the 2 sentences paragraph below? 3) or do I have to include them in an entirely separate? Option 2 is my preferred one as the other 2 will appear fairly clunky and may give the wrongful impression that I've been placed under duress by FastCover. Addendum: "My warning regarding adequacy of Medical Cover in North America is in no way a criticism of FastCover. The $40,000 Medical Cover limit is made quite clear on their website."

Tasiturn asked on Jul 25, 2017

Hi Tasiturn,

Thank you for your query.

Yes, it is possible to edit your review, you just need to log into Product Review and edit what you have submitted.
It's not possible for us to edit the your review.

You can click on this link which will show you how to edit your review: https://support.productreview.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/203909226-Can-I-edit-my-review-or-change-my-rating-

Hope the above helps - if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Kind Regards,