Filter By:

Using Fast Cover again!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

I have used Fast Cover in the past and have always found them good value for money. Also they don't charge extra for some of my pre-existing conditions as they are under control with my medication.

ADELAIDE

• 1 question
  • 9 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Easy, fast and efficient staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Fast Cover Travel Insurance have very competitive prices compared to other insurance companies.
The staff are friendly, very helpfull and efficient.
Very happy with the service they provided.

travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Our second trip using fast cover. Found service to be excellent.
Friendly and efficient staff. Claim process was hassle free

Excellent call service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

I had different concerns when doing my policy, I rang on numerous occasions and in fact got the same lady twice she remember my name. So are so informative and helpful.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi David and Julianne! Thank you for your review and feedback! We appreciate your kind words. I hope you both enjoy your trip and if there is any questions please don't hesitate to contact us an... read more »

MELBOURNE

• 1 comment

Rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Word of warning to anyone signing up with this rip off company,my daughter is stranded overseas needing a operation that this company won't pay for and won't pay for travel back to Australia as that's where they say she has to have the operation done ,and I'm sure they will not pay for that either ,they are a rip off ,STAY AWAY.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kevin, This case is still being investigated and there will be ongoing contact with the traveller. We value and respect all our travellers privacy and have a strict privacy policy we need to ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Easy to set up

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Easy to set up but haven’t had to use it yet so unable to reviews whole service. Thank you and good bye.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Have a great trip!

Margretta.

Warrnambool

• 2 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Absolutely horrible company!!!! Don't bother claiming, going through ombudsman for money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Myself and partner purchased a full comprehensive Duo Travel Insurance Policy to travel to Europe in late December 2017 for a five week vacation. A few days into our trip my partner fell violently ill in Paris. Still seriously ill, we pushed on the following day to try and meet our bookings. On reaching Munich she was immediately hospitalized in ICU with a life threatening viral infection that was shutting her organs down. She remained seriously ill for two weeks. We were unable to resume our travels. Lucky, we have taken out full comprehensive insurance. Think again. Whilst trying to deal with the stress of my deteriorating condition, myself and partners mother (back in Australia) had to spend hours on the phone over the next 2 weeks dealing with issue after issue. Fastcover’s refusals, denials and incompetence – far too many occasions to list, but you would be horrified. Returning to Australia we lodged their 12 page claim form with 80 pages of supporting documentation required. Then another game begins. At the end of every deadline, Fastcover request more information (most of which had already been provided). After 5 months, and requesting two subsequent reviews, we are still over $4,000 out of pocket. Be aware: Fastcover eventually agreed to arrange and pay for my accommodation to stay and care for her then deducted my accommodation expenses from the total cost of our prepaid bookings, claiming they are the same expense. They have refused to pay any food expenses for me claiming these are offset against my hospital cash payment benefit (nothing in their policy, but apparently they state it is the intent). Many other expenses, prepaid bookings and tours have not been reimbursed. And don’t bother reporting it to their so-called independent Internal Dispute Resolution Committee (Hollards, the Underwriter). They are permitted 45 days to review. Three minutes before the final deadline we received an email from Hollards stating “after a thorough review of your claim” the Committee are refusing to pay any further amount. Amazing, given that only 12 business hours earlier, the officer in charge of my case knew nothing about it and asked me to resend my correspondence. Fastcover clearly work on the premise of denials, refusals and stalling tactics in the hope you will give up. Not us. We will continue to pursue this matter with the Ombudsman and legally if we have to. We have never had the need to take time to write a bad review on a Company. Hopefully this warns you how seriously appalling and callous this Company is. We are considering doing an interview with A Current Affairs and will continue to publically name and shame this Company. Do not insure with this Company or its Underwriter. Please spread the word. Don’t use this company at all!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Dear Alana, Thank you for posting your review. It is really disappointing to see this review as our emergency team and claims team worked really hard to ensure you were given the best availab... read more »

long time sattisfied customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

We have used Fast cover for at least 20 times, luckily no claims yet, easy no hassell service and a good discount for being regular customers.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kaupo,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and are always glad when we hear a happy and loyal customer :).

Have a wonderful trip and please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

This is Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

Policy was great value compared to others,the setup was quick and easy,very satisfied with customer support,good all round, will use again.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback :).

Have a great trip! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Verified Customer

Best travel insurance we've found

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

We have used Fast Cover Travel Insurance many times, always checking competitors' rates and finding Fast Cover superior. Online booking is very easy and when we had to make a change customer support via phone was excellent.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback.

Glad to hear you are happy with our Customer Service team :).

Have a great trip and please don't hesitate to contact us if any questions.

Good cruise insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

This was very easy to organise and was good value the customer support person was very efficient and helpful and it was all done quickly.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Margaret,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback.

I hope you have a wonderful trip and nice speaking with you the other day :).

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Why would I change?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I travel frequently for my work and have used other companies in the past, this is the 14th time traveling with Fastcover, so easy and quick to arrange, I know that i'm in good hands ...

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for your great review & for being a long time traveller with Fast Cover! Let us know when you're travelling again as we'd love to help!

Vanessa

Melbourne

• 2 comments

Scam!! Never buy them!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I bought a domestic plus policy for my ski trip in Victoria and they replied to me only cover activities OUTSIDE Australiand and denied the fact that the policy is for local. Will file a case in ACCC and VCAT

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Wahaha, Thanks for taking the time to tell me about your experience. Something doesn't sound quite right and I would like to investigate. I am going to private message you now to get some more... read more »

Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Wahaha, I haven't heard back from you however I have been able to speak to the claims team and locate your policy. It looks like you tried claiming medical costs on a domestic policy. No Austr... read more »

First, I do not know how you could locate my policy while I never disclose any of my information. Second, you disclose some information in public that may cause privacy issue which is very unprofes... read more »

Easy to set up and purchase, and reasonable value compared to competitors.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Easy to set up and purchase, and reasonable value compared to competitors. Happy to have peace of mind, and hopefully never need to test the claims process.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lachlan,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback :).

Enjoy your trip and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Margretta

Good cover at reasonable price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Policy seems to be good value covering the most important things. Have not travelled yet so don't know how a claim would go.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Barry,
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback!
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance, and we hope that you have an enjoyable and fun trip!
Sally

Great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Was pleased to find my pre exciting condition was looked at more closely than others did. I was therefore covered for a reasonable amount

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Sheilah, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback. Have a great trip and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you need any assistance. Make sure you let us know to apply y... read more »

Travel with confidence

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

As a pensioner approaching 80 i have found Fastcover provides me with reasonably priced travel insurance for medical where other insurers are not interested in you unless you pay big $. Not all elderly travellers are health risks
My wife and myself are as fit and healthy as 50_ 60 bracket
Fastcover is my travel insurer, easy to setup, easy to pay and very computer friendly
Thanks Fastcover _ you are looking after the older traveller
Very happy user over many years and thankfully claim free _ should get a no claim bonus

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Anthony, Thank you for taking the time out to give us your feedback. We're very glad that you're happy with Fast Cover - it's what we strive for! We're also happy that you have had incident fr... read more »

Insurance claim made

Fast cover are the best insurance company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

Will definitely use these for my travel insurance needs again and will recommend to all my friends and family. I had to make a claim and the customer support team were really helpful and the claim was authorised vey quickly . Excellent service from these guys. thank you

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Don, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and kind words :). Have a wonderful trip and if you need any assistance please don't hesitate to contact us. Let us know about you... read more »

Good price for low income but love to travel

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

It is a good value .. lucky to find one that needed for my travel. Easy to apply. Haven’t claim yet as i’m travelling soon

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Tinn,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and kind words!

Have a great trip and feel free to contact us if you need any assistance :).

Good Cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Policy was good value and covered the important things, was easy to understand and easy to fill out in general

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback :).

Have a great trip and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regard,

1 of 14 pages

What about cover for pre exsisting af and stents this was for my husband you covered him to go to Vanuatu but would not cover him to go on a cruise to New Guinea

Sam asked on Jul 05, 2018

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your question. For me to best assist you, can you please email me at enquiries@fastcover.com.au so we can assist with this further. If you prefer you can give us a call on 1300 409 322 and we can go through this together.

Thank you!

Margretta

I am going on a cruise to Papua New Guinea, departing brisbane in December. i need cover for pre-existing Bronchiectasis. i have had this since childhood, am 75 years old, & take antibiotics with me in case of chest infection. However I would not travel without cover for this condition. Do you cover this? rita Conley

Rita Conley asked on Jul 05, 2018

Answer this

Hi Rita, thanks for your enquiry.

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide cover for the condition you have described. Our policies automatically cover a set list of 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions which you can view on our website: https://fastcover.com.au/what-we-cover/pre-existing-medical-conditions

If you require cover for your condition, please contact Aussie Travel Cover on (02) 9998 7854 whom may be able to prepare a tailored policy that covers your condition.

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Lindy

I am travelling to America on July 11 th for 68 days for the birth of my daughters new baby and then fly from America to Japan on the Sep 15th 2018. I will not need travel insurance after touching down in Japan., need cover only for the America part of my trip. I am not sure when I will return to Australia. However when I enquire on a travel insurance quote it asks for my departure date and my return date . is my return date the last date I want cover for i.e. Sep 15th?

Yinny asked on Jun 18, 2018

Hi Yinny,

Thank you for your question.

Yes, you can have the policy start on the 11th of July til the 15th of September. Once the policy ends on the 15th of September you would have no cover for your flights back to Australia from Japan when are are ready to return.

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Margretta​

E enquiries@fastcover.com.au
P PO Box R1384 Royal Exchange NSW 1225
A Suite 2, Level 15, 9 Castlereagh St Sydney NSW 2000

See our current travel alerts: fastcover.com.au/travel-alerts

I would highly recommend not choosing Fast Cover! We have not received majority of pre paid expenses back after i was sick in hospital. Their policy states otherwise. They paid my medical expenses although refuse to pay for pre booked accomodation and Travel expenses for other countries! Absolutely appauling company!

See all 39 questions about Fast Cover Travel Insurance