Review rating:

Verified Purchase

Extortionate penalties for revising travel time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

Tried to change my flight time from am to pm and was told flight was $135.00 and booking fee penalty $97.00 - Total $232.00 (double the cost of a new flight online at the time just to change time of day) and that one leg could not be canceled and that entire booking if cancelled was non-refundable. The attitude appears to be that if you are silly enough to try these guys you can go to hell. I will never ever will go to their gate again.

GoToGate = GotoHell!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

GoToGate: "We are very pleased that you have contacted us. We would like to help you with your question but unfortunately your query has not been registered. Please note that this is an automatically generated e-mail."

That's all you get when trying to resolve any issue. Run away as far as you can when you see GoToGate. Better, don't deal (and block) with any sites which recommend them in listings or links!!!

scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

i booked a ticket, paid, never received a ticket...now i am unable to phone (never connects) and they have not answered any emails. wish there was a 'zero stars' option.

Horrible experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

Booked a ticket on line(Tuesday morning 30th May, 2017) for a family member in Greece to be in Sydney on 1st June, 2017). Realised we had made an error with the surname a few hours later and rang gotogate. They said they couldn't fix, it was in the airlines hands who in turn said it was up to gotogate. After being on the phone for many hours and bouncing between the airline and go to gate - the airline said it was ok with them but it was up to go to gate to rectify. By this time the go to gate office had closed and I had to wait until 11am next day to speak to a representative. Next morning phoned and after pleading with go to gate service rep, realized there was no help from their help desk and cancelled the ticket which cost us just under $1,000. The final blow was they could not help me by reissuing a ticket and that it was going to take 2 to 8 weeks to get what was left of my money back into my account. I still had to get another ticket and I borrowed and I went elsewhere. It was a horrible 24 hours.

Bad experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Booked a ticket to Brisbane to Gold Coast, paid the money didn't get the ticket, no good customer service, and still waiting for the refund day 5. Highly not reliable source.

Do Not Use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Flight was cancelled which was not there fault but I have been waiting for a refund for 7 months, been ringing all the time, they say it will be in your account in 3 days, Same story

Never again with them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Please share that, I'm really upset, bitter and disappointed from company like this.
Please before book your flight read careful all of the TC, company like gotogate.com try to screw you in the last section-review and pay.
When you go to the last section they have $77 discount for some cards like visa debit, so you fulfill all of your details and surprise no discount, I try with 3 different cards.
Instead paying $1545 I pay $1622.
P.S when I call they do not help me, said that can't do booking over the phone.
Thank you for your efforts and business gotogate.com never again with you.

No understanding, crooks who charge ridiculous amount of money for rebookings

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

Due to circumstances, I didn't ask for I had to rebook. There was absolutely no compassion, no understanding and absolutely no flexibility when it came to rules. They service customers but even made me contact the airline myself. Why do I even pay them in the first place? Virgin was surprised with my call and said go to gate had to arrange it. Staff is too lazy to arrange it themselves. So now I get pushed back to the airline myself again and have to sort it out myself. What an easy way for them to make money.

Not cheaper at all!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

Don't use these crooks - they charged me more than double to upgrade my baggage!!!
I booked a flight Mel - Ballina & Return and to upgrade my baggage allowance on their website was $106.74 which I thought was extremely high but didn't know any different, I then checked on the Jetstar Website a few days later and it was $17 each way.

I have since been told I am unable to fly due to medical reasons and when I called these guys they told me only the cost of the Ticket is refundable not the extra baggage allowance I purchased...My whole flight cost me $375 and will only be eligible to claim $288 if that.

Stay away buy directly from the airline.

Not sure what all the fuss is about

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

Booked a flight from Germany to Sweden (Air Berlin), only a couple of weeks in advance. Gotogate had a similar fare to many of the cheap 3rd party sites but on their site you could add baggage (can't on CheapOair!). Flight was around half the price of what the airline was charging, and I couldn't actually see that flight on the airline website.

I was pretty worried after reading all of these reviews, but have had no problems - they charged me exactly what they advertised and I got a confirmation immediately. I checked the booking reference
number on the airline website and it had all gone through - my booking was there, and my extra baggage too.

I think most of the problems people have arise out of needing to change or cancel the flight. If you think that is something likely to happen to you, book with the airline themselves! Make sure you triple check all the names and dates before you confirm. And remember, the thousands of people who have positive experiences DONT WRITE REVIEWS!

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Purchase

Thieves!!!! They charge you for things you don't ask for

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

When you call to change your booking they charge for alot of things you don't ask for. I did ask if the fee is price difference, but when I got the email, I was charged for things I didn't ask for. Avoid them at all cost!

1 of 5 pages

How do I get my money back from gotogate?

Sam Hameed asked on Jun 02, 2017

They have sold me ticket on nonexistent flight. Flight VA 1711 departure from Brisbane WED 9 MAR 2016 at 10:55 and arrival to Gladstone WED 9 MAR at 12:15 marked in schedule -table as : no flight available. How long will company GOTOGATE offer to customers her fraud service ?

nesterval asked on Mar 11, 2017

Does anyone actually went on a trip successfully?(not about the fee or price) I bought a flight ticket from them, receipt and eticket seem fine. But do the airline company share same information as go to gate? is there way to check it?

Anson710 asked on Nov 05, 2016

Answer this

I paid over $1650 for flights and they did not even have me on the plane. I was scammed but did manage to get most of my money back. They tried telling me my flight was cancelled and I rebooked same flights thru airline. They had hidden charges of $350 aid just whacked on my credit card that I did not want. Check book in with your airline and be careful of Go to gate!!!!

Sorry never travelled . Will attempt to use them again