I wish I could give them no star

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

I wish I could give them no star! It’s scam don’t use this company. They lie lie lie. When I called airline to arrange bassinet for my baby airline staff told me my name is in wrong order need to be change. They said I need get my travel agency to make hange for me but they deny to do it. According to Gotogate and airline policy I can’t change my name however I could cancel my flight but no refund. After so many emails/calls to Gotogate they still says same thing over and over clearly totally lie. I almost lost my $900 ticket and needed to get another one. Luckily I spoke to very helpful airline staff and she sorted out. Gotogete never answer my question. Like someone said in previous reviews they are repeating like a robot.
It’s not worth to risk.

Verified Customer

Warning never book with this company!!! - you will never get to the gate.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

We booked return flights with skyscanner.com we have used sky scanner plenty of times and had no issues until this time when we booked return flights to Apia, Samoa for our honey moon in Jan 2018. Our return flight was booked and paid for to the booking agency go to gate. It was only by chance that I called the airline Virgin International to confirm flights 10 days before our wedding and departure date. The airline...not go to gate informed me that our return flight had been cancelled. Go to gate never contacted us, we called them every day for 5 days, emailed them several times. They kept prolonging fixing the problem and did not help us at all. Their correspondence is terrible. The worst experience we have had booking flights and terribly stressful leading up to our wedding. They kept promising to call Virgin and reschedule our flights, they kept saying in 72 hours your problem will be resolved and we spent hours trying to sot this out with go to gate. They did nothing, we lost our flights and were very upset. No help from them. They are a scam artist company. Never never trust or BOOK with them. You will be devastated and disappointed!! We would have been stuck in Samoa if we hadn't have called Virgin prior to departure and Virgin said 'go to gate' new the flights had been cancelled 2 months prior, go to gate also tried to put us on a new flight leaving from the wrong country on the wrong date as an alternative option. They are useless and untrustworthy.

Waiting for ticket to be issued for 4 weeks now

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

I booked an international flight, the flight times have been changed, Since 13 December, a month ago, I have been waiting for my ticket, still no luck. I am starting to wonder if this web site is not a scam or company is going under. Avoid if you can.

RUN, RUN, RUN!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

I booked 8 flights for 5 persons. I paid an extra of $125 for a kosher meal which was never received. They are a fraudulent company, direct booking would be as cheap and will provide more control over the flight.

Dealing with Muppets

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

Booked a flight from Trondheim, Norway to Geneva in Jan 2018. Made a typo error on my son's name. Ticket cost me Aus$ 203. They wanted to charge me $420 to make the change, even though they wrote in e-mail their change fee is $ 100. Norwegian airlines advised their name change fee is 55 Euros (about $85). Total $185. Called from Oz to UK, dealt with the worst customer service operator I have ever encountered, who categorically could not explain the extra fees. Asked for his manager - put me on hold and kept me on hold (as he knew I was calling from oz), until hung up. Absolute idiot. Don't waste your time. Clearly their customer service is so rubbish, they don't even offer a 'feedback' section on their website.

• 2 comments
  • 15 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Terrible Customer Service - Avoid!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

I reserved a 1-stop flexible flight with them. The second part of the flight was cancelled by the airline. Gotogate gave me the option to change my flight from 16th of March to January!!!!! When I refused this option, they said that I have to call the airline myself to sort the issue out!!
I'm curious what they get the additional money for?!?!?
They're awfully terrible!

• 5 helpful votes

No confidence !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

I had been waiting for a low fare to pop up for Bali & when it did booked via Gotogate given their no additional charges for credit card use. Received an email saying the booking was pending - an hour later still no confirmation of the booking so rang & was told to wait another hour and call back. Another email popped up soon after saying the booking could not be completed due to Bank issues. Called them back to confirm that my card would not be debited & I was free to book elsewhere. I then booked directly with the airline for $10 more (which I should have done in the first place) & received instant confirmation. My opinion - I suspect my Bank declined them knowing it was a pretty dodgy company. Would not use this form again - suggest avoid.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

Terrible Customer Service - Avoid

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

I booked a trip to Bali using gotogate, due to the issues with the volcano I was able to contact the airline and organise a travel credit as travelling was a flight risk at the time. The airline said as I booked through gotogate the credit voucher would be sent to them, go to gage refuse to send me the voucher claiming they have not got it, which the airlines say they have, they keep telling me to contact the airline even when I explain that I have and the airline requires the booking agency to contact them.

Furthermore when I asked gotogate to contact the airline they just send me from person to person and refuse to do if, telling me I need to do it myself (which I have many times but airline requires them to contact as they made the booking for me, but gotogate cannot understand this!!!!. 2.5 weeks on and no info from gotogate even after ringing 3 times.

They are absolutely useless if you require service from them, I wish I had read reviews before. Avoid at all costs!!

Worse experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

Hello friends,
It was really a worst experience. I booked return ticket from Perth to Melbourne with Go To Gate through Skyscanner. I selected seats for both flights and paid extra. But when I got ticket confirmation there wasn’t any information regarding selected seat. I rang them and asked about it but they straight way said you didn’t select any seat and you have to pay $170 if you want to select.
Pls guys be aware and don’t use it to book your tickets.

Hawthorn

• 1 comment
  • 11 helpful votes

Avoid Avoid Avoid

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

Dont fall for their cheap price, they will make you pay more at the end.

If you are planning to travel you should be good but god will help you if something happen and you have to cancel your trip.

On their website terms and condition says one thing and their staff on a phone says otherwise. I'm pointing to their own website terms and condition and they are telling me that their policy just got updated and there is a new policy. Their website clearly says AUD 90 nut this guy keep saying $95 AUD plus $350.

I kept asking where it says $350 and guess what he says "When your booking your ticket the cancellation fee was there but now its not visible and we can not show you anymore"

Asked mr Joy to transfer me to his manager or supervisor, that never happen instead put me on hold for 10 min and keep passing a line, like its a joke for them. they are not even operating in AUS.

Just Avoid these people.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Additional information: I went for holiday and no problem but under way back at the airport right before check in they couldn’t find my name in the system, I showed the airline staff my booking and... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Don’t use them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

I booked a flight in South America online through gotogate that the airline changed to a time I couldn’t meet. I tried to get some assistance from gotogate but they cut off my phone call then responded to my email in a completely useless way. I guess I’m on my own! I too got onto them via Skyscanner and it’s my first bad experience using Skyscanner partners.

Adelaide

• 1 comment
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer

You may lose your money - don’t risk them.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2017

I’m a very experienced traveller with 30 years experience even reaching Platinum with Qantas. I’ve had my share of bad travel experiences but this company is the worst one I’ve ever dealt with.
In a nut shell they scammed me of $1300 for international flights back in May that I’m still fighting to have returned.

My bank Commonwealth Bank has also been unsatisfactory in helping me to recover but that’s another story and a negative reflection on them.

I booked my fare through Kayak but my bank had stopped international payments without checking with me. I then booked and paid for alternative flights but somehow GotoGate who I had not booked flights with charged me via the Kayak booking attempt that had failed. After multiple emails GotoGate will not address and tells me to contact my bank while refusing to refund me directly and my useless bank does nothing with this MasterCard transaction. After notifying GotoGate well before the flight date they then cancelled the fares but have refused to refund me.

How can a company get away with a bogus charge, then cancel flights so I couldn’t even use them if I wanted to then refuse refunding? What a scam company. If we customers don’t use this fraudulent business they’ll go out of business so we can use reputable companies.

Melbourne

Verified Customer

Don't even think about using these clowns

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

Underquote on the base fare to try and get you in, then add on enforced charges like Premium Support. Or call you the next day and explain that you can't sit with your family unless you pay a surcharge. Wished I'd seen all these terrible reviews earlier.
Avoid like the plague!

Private message

I wis me I could choose 0 stars. CROOKS!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Worse booking experience EVER and I travel a lot. WHY are they still in business? Shame on you Skyscanner as well!
I made an error in my sons name and even though I’ve sent his passport to support the birthdate on the ticket they say the AIRLINE won’t allow the change that I have to buy a whole new ticket. The AIRLINE said they were more than willing to change but GOTOGATE has to request the change. The airline even issued a waiver for them to use but Gotogate kept insisting that the airline wouldn’t allow the changes AND YES I did buy a Flexi ticket. So frustrating

Dee Why

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Non delivery of service ~ quick delivery of refund

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

I booked an internal USA flight online with Gotogate through Skyscanner on the 28th November but for 'technical' reasons the flight was advised as immediately cancelled. I then read the online reviews about the company with great discomfort but, after a couple of prompt emails to and from the company, the full refund appeared on the credit card on the 29th. I am not sure if I would use Gotogate again but the prompt refund was very pleasing.

Perth

Do not book with Go To Gate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

Warning- DO NOT BOOK WITH GO TO GATE. My flight was changed so the airline gave me a refund but the money went to Go To Gate first and I had to spend a lot of time chasing it. Go To Gate would not waiver the admin fee which is disgusting. I'm never using them again and I suggest you don't either.

Private message

Worst company I have dealt with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

It was the worst experience i have had dealing with a company. I bought a flexible ticket so I can change it and all I got is run around. Never book through them again.

Don’t deal with Gotogate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

I booked flight Sydney to Launceston for 7 people. 2 of them were unable to travel due to sudden health conditions (heart attack, need some rest).
I called the airlines directly and able to get refunded but since I booked through Gotogate therefore the refund goes into their card.
I tried to chase but they asked for adminfee $90 per person whilst the fare for 2 only $138.
They are still insist to have the admin fee no matter what, very unhappy.

Never use again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

Booked a long domestic flight online through sky scanner. Would not recommend gotogate at all.
I paid for the seating and meal package on top which only gives you an email to say they cannot meet your requests and if you want preferred seating then you need to pay $15 per ticket. Being pregnant and with two kids traveling they couldn't even guarantee we could sit together.
All extra cost for nothing. Was way cheaper in the end to book directly with airline. I spent more than what you think you'll save. Will never book with this agent again and would not recommend at all.
Not an easy efficient process and they do not even respond to your emails of questions. General questions regarding baby car seat check in etc. save yourself time and money and book with airline.

Verified Customer

Cheaters, over charges than quoted price when payment is made, no explanation for over charge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

This web site charges more than what price is quoted on their web site. I have booked 2 tickets from Delhi to London, on payment page it shown Rs. 91000 but when payment is made, they charged to my debit card 97000 which is completely rip off. When talked with Customer Service, they said that we only charged 91000 and rest may be charged by Bank. On bank statement it clearly indicated that payment is made to GOTOGATE.

Do not book any flight with this website, they are cheaters, you will only get headache and not peace of mind.

1 of 5 pages

Can someone help me please is about my booking?

Lupe V asked on Dec 20, 2017

Answer this

My phone

Gotogate is the worsest ever i experienced in my entire life! I bought a flixable 4 tickets for my wife and children that cost me £260.80 extra cost to make it flixable as i knew that my wife awaiting surgery and now they let me down! Who confirmed to me rebooking would cost me nearly £1600 this only to change travel date?! When i found the cost for same trip with two ways cost less (£1100). What the hell on earth to do with reliability they are bloody huckers and ask me to read their policy which i have read clearly says this is the perfect choice for one who is not sure of travel dates on their page. I have traveled around the world with various airlines never experienced such a situation!!!! Even had many times to change travel dates with no extra fee I'm planning to take them to traiding standards as to court any ideas or previous such experience?! Please reply to post or contact me directly by email below! Zac eltahir email: [email removed]   I

Zac asked on Jul 28, 2017

Answer this

The prices were excellent & I thought it may be too good to be true.When I first booked it said my booking didnt go thru.I attempted to book again by which time the price had gone up slightly.It let me know it was processing my order but didnt tell me it went thru,neither did I receive any type of confirmation for my flights.My husband then informed me that he had just been charged twice for both sets of tix-this was for 5 of us-twice!..I called Go To Gate immediately & they said they would refund one of the bookings & I should wait 24 hrs.She also gave me my confirmation info at that time.I waited more than 24 hrs but when we checked again the refund had not gone thru.I called them back & they said as 24 hrs had passed we need to call the airline to get a waiver number for the refund.I called the airline who said they had no record of 2 bookings & we should call Go To Gate.I called Go To Gate back & they said they can't do anything without the waiver number from the airline.I called back & forth & got nowhere.The airline said they would check into it it but it would take a week or so.As we were going on vacation & needed the extra money we called the credit card company to dispute the second booking charges.On our return trip the stewerdess asked us if the family on the flight with the same name was related to us & I relalised they still had us booked twice on the same flight.Strange that it didn't ring any bells with the airline either that 5 passengers with identical names had 2 seats each-unless they thought we were a very overweight family who each needed an extra seat.Also the credit card company never contacted us with any response from Go To Gate regarding the disputed charge so we only paid once.
After all was said and done we did get a fantastic deal in the end-we saved about a thousand dollars compared to other airlines/travel sites for the same trip but not without a fair share of aggravation.They also tricked me into paying insurance for the flight even though I checked no in the box but it was still significantly cheaper than anyone else.

How do I get my money back from gotogate?

Sam Hameed asked on Jun 02, 2017