Date Purchased: Oct 2017

When you must have the Best. This is It..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

Its actually a very stylish slim system. Never heard or seen of this particular product HydroTherm until it was recommended by my plumber.It has suited us as a family of 3 Adults with long showers. Certainly coming under the running cost of my last system, much quieter and over the moon with the purchase price. This is the only system i would ever recommend. And I have :)

Pottsville

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

I love hot showers and cheap power bills

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

Hydrotherm have the best heat pump on the market!! I am a service tech, and I have been worked on a many brands in the market and have found HydroTherm to be the best most reliable and easy to service system. Give a heat pump a go you will save on your energy bill!!

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Brilliant Technology

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

I have only had the heatpump a few weeks, but so far Im pretty impressed.
I have it connected to my solar supply, and have set it to a manual timer so that it turns on to heat the water when my solar is up to its higher production period from 9am till water is heated. It is supplying hot water for 4 adults. We often have family stay in a granny flat (another 2 young adults, which means long showers) and so I set the second timer to turn on for a couple of hours early in the morning to give the water a topup boost. I was pleasantly surprised by its noise level as its not too loud (noisier than air con compressor but less than pool pump) and as it is on mostly in day hours, it doesnt affect us or the neighbours.

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Good system, cheap to run, a little noisy in operation.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Hot water system works well and keeps a good amount of water hot and functions as expected. System is a nice looking unit and good in general appearance. Is louder than expected when heating and external fan seems noisy than I was expecting. Definately wouldn't want it anywhere near a sleeping area.

Comments
Hydrotherm Official

Hi Aaron, Thanks for leaving a review. There are a couple of options for mitigating and minimising the sound produced by our system. Please give us a call to discuss, I've sent you a private messa... read more »

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Very pleased with our decision to get a Hydrotherm

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Buying a Hydrotherm to replace an aging hot water system has proved to be an excellent decision. The system only runs for an hour or so per day at a time when our solar system is delivering plenty of power, so our daily power from the grid has dropped from an average of 17Kwh to less than 10Kwh. Sound levels are also fine. Also pleased that the system run times can be controlled using its own built in clock.
Did a fair bit of research originally, and the Hydrotherm pricing was very competitive, and reviews by others were mostly very positive. Delivery of the unit was on time, and installation by The Gap Plumbing was professional and efficient.
Certainly happy to recommend the unit to others, and wouldn’t change our decision if getting a new system again.

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Really an effective and efficient heating system.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

This machine is a great investment Above the usual base hot water systems. Has significantly reduced my electricity bill. Very smart machine where you can fix the settings to when you want it to heat and to what temperature. A great investment. Very happy with my decision to change to a heat pump.

• 1 question

Great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

We purchased our Hydrotherm about 6-7 months ago, Love the Hydrotherm, is a little bit noisy but am happy with it. Have always got hot water, Lowers the power bill. Would recommend it to anyone wanting a new hot water system. The delivery man and plumber came when they said they would.

Comments
Hydrotherm Official

Hi Maggies, Glad to hear that you're happy with your system and the savings to your hot water electricity bill. With regards to the noise, there are some things we can do to help (set timers etc... read more »

brisbane

best investment i've made

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

I purchased one of these about 6 month ago, so far i love it, my power bill has decreased dramatically, the water is hot all the time, the delivery team and plumber were here on time, I've recommended it to my friends. The fan is quite and the system work perfectly with my solar panels.

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Fantastic, looks good and performs even better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

Replaced our Awful Dux system. Performs really well and is quieter than the old system.
Support provided by the company during research and procurement stages was great.
This unit displays the current water temperature and other details so is much more user friendly than other systems I investigated.
Only complaint was the cost of installation, which I thought was excessive.

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Hydrotherm. 5 stars !!.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

We purchased three hydrotherm systems in the last five years for different projects.Has worked perfectly. Water is super hot and noise is minimal. Highly recommend to anyone looking for new system to buy onenof these. Very easy to deal with hydrotherm including purchase process and easy to operate. 5 stars all round.

LAKE HAVEN

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Very happy so far with our hws

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

Installed October 2017 (3 months ago) on Central Coast NSW. Company rep was very helpful through whole process, even though in Qld. Answered all of my questions honestly. Replaced 8yo Rheem heat pump that had leaking tank. Few things though. Definitely not a quiet unit compared to old Rheem or our adjacent a/c compressors. But we run on solar power in middle of day (free power!). Timers are great for this. In summer takes from 45 minutes to 2 hours to heat back up from about 50 degrees. Only 2 of us in house. If we know we have family coming just set up another of the 3 timers to cut in overnight during off peak rates. (All still cheaper than off peak 2 rates for electric hot water heaters). Also noticed some rust spots on front steel panel (but inside tank and outside shell is stainless). Took a little while but company sent down replacement panel with details on how to fit so all good. Hoping for better run with this heat pump. Note that stated 15 year warranty is actually a pro-rata one so don't be fooled. Overall, would be very happy to recommend if you can put where noise is not an issue.

This unit is awesome.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2017

When we went to solar we lost the off peak tariff and had a standard Saxon unit which had issues with the thermostat and relieve valve. The old system would boil constantly and would run dry. Never had constant temp at the shower with the saxon unit. Eventually we decided to replace it with a Hydrotherm after looking at reviews. Could not be happier. The system only draws 1kw when running and has 3 on / off timers you can set. I run it an hour at night, Half hour in the morning and 3 hours during peak solar time 11am - 2pm. The system holds temp after showers and only heats for like 3 hours a day at most. Looking forward to the next power bill.

• 4 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Brilliant Hot Water System

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

We purchased our hydrotherm back in June. Has worked perfectly. Water is super hot and noise is minimal. Far far better than Dux system we had before. Highly recommend to anyone looking for new system to buy onenof these. Very easy to deal with hydrotherm including purchase process and easy to operate. 5 stars all round.

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Sep 2014

Great customer service And warranty

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Had my 180l system for 3 years now and it's started to leak around main outlet. Emailed them and they were straight out same day. Getting full refund as the model I have is no longer made.
Common problem due to water reacting with stainless.
New model is meant to be better. Will see hopefully.
Really impressed with warranty and after sales service. Especially chris the tech/sales person.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2014

Not good service - unreliable unit

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

We installed a hydrotherm hot water system 2014. Good hot water supply, noise acceptable and bills did decrease. Two years in and a sensor had to be replaced - which was fine. Fast forward to 2017, and noticed water was leaking from the system. After a couple of weeks of to-and-froing with the Hydrotherm guy on the phone, someone finally came and checked it out. The service guy fixed the fan (which had stopped working) and replaced a sensor which was broken. The "leaking" was actually heat pump condensation which, instead of following along channels to the rear of the unit & empting out the back and into a drain, decided to empty into the unit itself. It was "hoped" that the repairs performed would fix this. Two more service visits (so 3 in total) and several weeks later, the problem is still not fixed. Seem out of their depth with their own product, and the delay associated with trying to resolve this issue (now at least 6 weeks) completely unacceptable, especially as under my house continues to fill up with litres and litres of water...

- if you're looking for a heat pump hot water system I would try somewhere else, it looks like I'll have to... Although it would also appear, after looking at reviews of purchases older than 3-4 years ago, a lot of heat pump systems seem to have "issues".

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hydrotherm Official

Hi swmilliner, Sorry to hear about the issues you had with your system. I have been in contact with the service department and the issue with the condensation was one they hadn’t experienced bef... read more »

Yes - I have just located an email (sent 13/9/2017 - the day my review was written) providing details of a full refund. That was fast! Lucky someone rang to notify me, as I had no idea you were c... read more »

Hydrotherm have now taken back the unit & refunded my portion of purchase price. So while I'm down the installation cost ($400 odd) and the ($1000) rebate has been "lost" in the aether, they have o... read more »

Raceview

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2017

The best hot water system I've ever had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

We installed a Hydrotherm Heat Pump hot water system in Jul 2017 and it is by far the best hot water system we've ever had. We replaced our old electric system and i did a lot of research about the best system to use. i looked up Choice Magazine, google, and Product Review to understand what's available and the pros and cons of the different types of systems. we were tossing between Solar and Heat Pump, and having used Solar before, I'm now glad that went along the path of Heat Pump and I'm particularly happy that we chose the Hydrotherm System.

while looking very slick and technologically advanced with an active control panel, the unit has easily managed to deliver hot water over and above our family's needs. We have not run out of hot water once although this was an usual occurrence while we had the electric system.

I don't have an electricity bill as yet, but it seems to me that the Heat pump only operates once a day and generally during the off-peak period for about 2hrs.

We used Advance Hot Water to supply and install the system and it was done very professionally. Particularly, Mike from Pegasus Plumbing did a fantastic job installing the unit and took the time to explain the system and how best to use it.

East Ryde, NSW

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 28 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Great unit with a few caveats

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Our old Rheem unit was 17 years old and probably overdue for replacement. We decided to pre-empt its failure and picked the Hydrotherm for the neater all-in-one packaging compared to the other highly-recommended choice, the Sanden Eco.

Unfortunately I didn't check the Hydrotherm's size, and since I opted for an internal installation (with Hydrotherm's approval) it arrived in a box almost 2.1m tall, which didn't fit under my garage door opening which was 1.9m. I calculated that I would need to tilt the box 49 degrees, well past the maximum of 30 degrees indicated on the box. Thankfully Hydrotherm tech support is very responsive and they advised 49 degrees was ok as long as I let the unit sit for a while before turning it on.

Installation took half a day and required rewiring of the old hot water unit's circuit, so the combined electrical+plumbing installation bill actually cost more than the unit iself!

The flow rate is far higher than our old (nearly dead) Rheem so we need to install some flow reducers as we are running the 275L tank empty after 2 long showers. Apart from that the main observation is how noisy the unit is when installed internally... the sound faintly carries through the hallways at night but thankfully it is easy to configure to only run during the day.

It goes without saying that power usage is well down on the old unit, too early to give an accurate figure at the moment but it seems to be sucking less than half the juice!

edit: with flow reducers installed and some extra tips from the very helpful Hydrotherm tech support, the unit is now working absolutely perfectly. I have it set to run off my solar array during the day (so noise isn't a concern) and the water never gets cold. Happy to upgrade to 5 stars!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Hydrotherm heat pump - reliable to date, decimated power bills!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

Installed April 2016

It replaced a 'Saxon' hot water system which had died. Particularly in winter I now have much more hot water (the Saxon was barely adequate) for much less expense.

Adam Taylor (recommended by Hydrotherm) did a professional and very reasonably priced job on the installation here in Brisbane. This involved a fair bit of work and extra valves as the Saxon plumbing was very simple.

The unit makes a bit of noise but where it's located, it doesn't bother me - it's 'white noise' anyway.

Exceeded my expectations and has slashed power bills over 60% consistently. My last quarterly power bill was just over $200, something I haven't seen for a long time!

Regards,
Greg

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Great product, great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

We absolutely love our hydrotherm. It is significantly cheaper than previous systems, super efficient in the QLD climate, and the service is fantastic. Anyone considering it should just remember that it is about as noisy as the outside unit of an airconditioner, so position it away from bedroom windows and you will be entirely satisfied!

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Replaces Dux Airoheat with Hydrotherm

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

The Airoheat which had been great, let go and had to be replaced. The plumber suggested Hydrotherm and I have found it to be just as cost effective or maybe even better. It has not let me down in the 12 months I've had it so far. The only thing I am a little concerned about is if my grandkids have a go at touching the panel. As far as I am aware there is no locking PIN for the touchpad. So far though, no problems.

Comments
Hydrotherm Official

Hi Shona, Glad to hear you're happy with your system. It's unlikely you're grandkids will get into major settings of the system (they're password protected). The worse they can do it change the tim... read more »

Oh thank you for that!