Gympie Qld 4570

• 1 question
  • 4 answers

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Met all of my expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Being able to chose the 60 to 90 minutes a day it runs to supply the hot water needs of my 3 adult household and having timers on 2 freezers so they don't run at the selected timed, I am able to maximize cost saving by ensuring the solar panels I have are producing all the power needed for hot water and more to the grid.
The unit copes well with our demands which are really not high or extended.
Haven't noticed any temperature fluctuations. Water is off the roof tank with electric pump pressure.

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

"AAA" Professional service. will always recommend!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

we havent had any issues so far with both units, and I'm sure we will not have any problems in the future. We are very pleased with the product and the way it functions and it actually does the job better than we thought it would. it heats up very quickly

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

We have had no trouble with the Hydrotherm at all. In fact we have purchased two in the last couple of years for different houses. Any questions before purchase were immediately answered by the manager/owner. The hydrotherm runs efficiently in the background without us having to do anything. The settings are easy to use, and the readings show exactly how hot the water is. It also looks great. Slight noise like A/C unit which was expected. No issues at all. Thanks team.

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

So far so good! After my last system packed it in I approached Hydrotherm for a Heat Pump alternative. Their price point was much better than anyone else, and the installation was quick and stress free. As I'm in real estate, service means everything to me and I cannot speak highly enough of the team...

Tweed Heads

The amazing hydrotherm

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I purchased a Hydrotherm water heater and find it efficient, economical on both water and electricity, even heating, easy to install and a great looking unit. It was recommended by the company that put in our solar system and works beautifully in conjunction with it as so far no electricity charges for the heater.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2018

Energy Efficient & Inexpensive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

This is the third Hydrotherm we've purchased. We recommend them to all our clients. Easy to change the timer settings. We never run out of hot water and our power bills aren't too bad. Dealing with Dewet is an absolute pleasure. He is very efficient. Communication is excellent. Very happy customer.

Canberra

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Great. Free hot water.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

Easily copes with 2 long showers and 2 loads of washing in 1 day. We live in a cold climate (Canberra) and have had it for 6 months with a very cold winter. No problems at all. By using the inbuilt timer I've set it to heat from 1 pm to 5 pm as needed. This is when the air temperature is highest and the sun brightest, so by using the power from my solar panels it costs me nothing for hot water. Have now disconnected from gas saving me around $300 per year in connection costs alone. Win, win. Very happy.

Date Purchased: Nov 2012

After Sales service is of a very high standard

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

have owned a Hydrotherm Heat pump since late 2012 and have to say that the after sales service is the best I have experienced with any product. I have had on 2 occasions needed to call about alarm going off on the heater and they have talked me through how to reset the pump on 1st occasion and arranged for someone to come out within 3 hrs on the second occasion to look at the sensor. Only other time I needed a call out there was no charge. Kudos to Simon and rest of the staff they are very professional and provide great service

• 8 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Excellent product and great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

We purchased this unit after quite a bit of research and we are glad we did.
The purchase process was very easy and the communication was excellent, we knew what was happening every step of the way.
We used a partnered installer to have it installed and this was a seamless process as the installer is also kept in the loop with delivery times etc.
This unit has replaced our old 170lt electric unit and we could not be happier with the hot water production.
We also thought we should comment on the noise from this unit, as we ourselves were concerned a little after various reviews of heat pump units being noisy.
The unit is installed almost directly under our bedroom and the noise is not at all disturbing. It may be that we live on acreage and we are on tank water, so we are used to pumps running for water etc, but this unit is no louder than our split system air conditioner.
You can also set timers to run the unit at times that suit, usually through the day to utilise the unused solar power and a bit of a top up before you get home. This way it doesn't even need to run at night time.
We will follow up on power usage after a couple of bills.

Warrnambool

• 11 comments
  • 10 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2018

An absolutely brilliant unit - with exceptional customer service and support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2018

We have had our unit for just over 2 weeks now - and are over the moon with its performance.
It replaced a 3-panel Solar heater which was not great in our cool winters in South West Victoria.

I researched a lot before purchasing the Hydrotherm - considering units like Siddons, Sanden, Chromagen, Rheem, and others. But - it was the fantastic reviews here on Product Review; along with the 15-year Warranty on the 316 grade Stainless tank as well as 5 years on parts and 2 years on labour. Not to mention the value price - just over $1900 after the state government STC discount - and $430 fitting. As an example, to get a similar warranty on the Sanden unit, we were looking at approx $5,000 installed while some units offered only a 2-year warranty, which was of concern.

One look at the unit speaks its quality. Even the carton that it came in was tough - about 25 mm thick honeycomb reinforced cardboard. The high-grade exterior is mainly Stainless and features a user-friendly digital control panel, allowing for adjustment of the time of running, as well as the maximum temperature and cut-in point for the compressor to start heating.

I know that there have been some comments on here about noise? I can only presume that those complaints had come from people that did not realise that heat-pump units have a compressor? Our unit sits right behind the Master bedroom (brick veneer) wall - and all you hear is the gentle hum of the fan unit. But - to take advantage of the extra warmth during daylight hours, I have since set the timer to turn on at 10 am, which makes the running around 25% more efficient and ANY noise is shifted to daytime. On the subject of efficiency, the unit only has a regular 3 pin plug because its current draw is so low.

There was an issue in shipping, the carton was damaged in transit by what was assumed to be a forklift blade. But the company Business Development Manager and Hydrotherm stood by it - inspected it for issues and boosted our Warranty, in case of any future problems - there have been none.

To sum up - we LOVE the really nice hot showers and look forward to our super cheap hot water too.

Works on and off

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

I have had to contact the installer 4 times in the last 2 years. System stops producing hot water. Panel starts to light up with all sorts of messages. Installed in July 2014. We have had to have cold showers many times. Not happy at all with the product. Very frustrating to come home and have a cold shower.

Comments
Hydrotherm Official

Hi Bill, Sorry that you've been having issues with your system, the alarms and messages are designed to alert owners when an issue occurs (blocked condensate line, unusual sensor readings etc.). I... read more »

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Fantastic product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

Have been very happy with the product after 7 months and have seen significant savings on electricity compared to the previous electric hot water system. Customer support has been fantastic and always answered any questions I had. Would highly recommend this product to anyone considering a new hot water system.

Brisbane

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Buy a Quantum

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Have owned Quantum and hydrotherm. Had 10 reliable no fuss years service out of our Quantum HWS before we built and moved to a new place. The builder had put in a Hydrotherm and told us how “great” they were. Well in 2 years we have had 3 installed and another one has packed it in. They are cheap imported junk, don’t waste your money, time and sanity. You have to fight tooth and nail for a warranty claim with threats of fair trading to get any joy and hope you win the Hydrotherm lotto and jag a good unit. If you buy one I wish you good luck!

Comments
Hydrotherm Official

Dear Sir/Madam, We have searched our databases and there are no customers who have had 2 system's replaced in a 2 year period as you have described. We also have not had any customer calling us ma... read more »

I have pm you guys a message for you to contact us.

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Looks good sounds industrial

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Our water heater works to expectation with better flow than with an earlier model. There was an initial problem caused by a blockage in a filter - but that was sorted by the designated plumber - at our expense I seem to remember. The filter had trapped a small piece of plastic - could have originated during manufacture or when the product was unwrapped.

Comments
Hydrotherm Official

Hi John, Thanks for leaving the review. Could you please contact us on 1300 769 904 to discuss the issue you had with the blocked filter. There are a couple of options for mitigating and minimisi... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Excellent product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Have used it for over six months now and meets all expectations.
Very good quality product, well made and of robust design and workmanship.
Noise from compressor is no more noticeable than an air conditioner and does not run for too long to be intrusive.
I would highly recommend this product.

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Good but not perfect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

A good unit, however could do with greater capacity, perhaps the temperature could be set higher so that less hot water is required in the mix when showering.

We are a family of three adults and if all three shower around the same time hot water runs out.

I will look at raising the temperature, however 20% more capacity would make this unit ideal for us, I don’t see how this unit could suit a large family.

Comments
Hydrotherm Official

Hi Howden, Yes the temperature of system can be adjusted, however there are a couple of things I'd suggest you check beforehand: 1. Check what WELS Start rated shower heads you have (ie. the flow... read more »

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Great Product and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

When it comes to hot water systems, it's not often you would write about the look and design but in the case of Hydrotherm, that is the first thing that comes to mind. It looks apart and works a treat. The best feature is the ability to set timers which allows me to match the running time the unit to the best solar production of the day to offset the electricity cost.

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

When you must have the Best. This is It..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

Its actually a very stylish slim system. Never heard or seen of this particular product HydroTherm until it was recommended by my plumber.It has suited us as a family of 3 Adults with long showers. Certainly coming under the running cost of my last system, much quieter and over the moon with the purchase price. This is the only system i would ever recommend. And I have :)

Pottsville

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

I love hot showers and cheap power bills

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

Hydrotherm have the best heat pump on the market!! I am a service tech, and I have been worked on a many brands in the market and have found HydroTherm to be the best most reliable and easy to service system. Give a heat pump a go you will save on your energy bill!!

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Brilliant Technology

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

I have only had the heatpump a few weeks, but so far Im pretty impressed.
I have it connected to my solar supply, and have set it to a manual timer so that it turns on to heat the water when my solar is up to its higher production period from 9am till water is heated. It is supplying hot water for 4 adults. We often have family stay in a granny flat (another 2 young adults, which means long showers) and so I set the second timer to turn on for a couple of hours early in the morning to give the water a topup boost. I was pleasantly surprised by its noise level as its not too loud (noisier than air con compressor but less than pool pump) and as it is on mostly in day hours, it doesnt affect us or the neighbours.

1 of 4 pages