Excellent Service: highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2019

Wayne from Jim's Building Inspections Morphett Vale completed three very detailed building inspections for us while we were searching for our house. Each time we contacted him we received incredible customer service and no request felt unreasonable. We always received a phone call straight after the inspection to explain how it went (which minimised our concerns) and a very detailed report the same day. The reports Wayne provided were very comprehensive; from the major to barely noticeable issues he provided photos of and an explanation of the problem/solution for them all. After we had looked over the report we also felt comfortable calling Wayne to answer any remaining questions we had. While the building inspections Wayne provided were incredible the customer service we received was the highlight to the service. Throughout our house buying process we had a couple of interesting experiences with agents and each time Wayne was there to put our minds at ease, making the whole process so much easier for us. The inspections were always organised with the agent very promptly, reports were detailed and as first home buyers we had someone there that could answer all of our silly questions. I could not recommend Wayne more highly, without him the process would have been far more stressful. Thank you Wayne for all of your hard work!

Fantastic customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2019

Nick was polite and took the time to explain everything that his inspection would involve. He was able to undertake the inspection the very next day and provided us with a detailed report on the same day as the inspection. Nick’s report was extremely thorough, and found some minor issues that could quickly become major. As a result the builder has been asked to go back through and all defects corrected. I would absolutely recommend Nick for any home inspections; it was 100% worth it!!

beyond the expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

excellent service, he is patient and explained every single point to my question. will definently recommend him to my friends

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Tim was fantastic when he come to help us and really got out the fine tooth comb. Saved us from buying a dude, thanks to him we are not now stuck listening to an agent tell us incorrect information. We also knew what to look for in the future

Great Service & Very Knowledgeable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Richard was absolutely wonderful to deal with. Not only did he know his stuff, he was also very friendly and accommodating to my requests. He gave a great service and I would not he’s sitar’s to recommend him!

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Very fast and reliable service. Very efficient in writing the report.
Happy with their services. I would recomment them to everyone.

Matty - Warrnambool

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

Matty was extremely efficient and helpful with getting our building inspection completed. The process was smooth and we received our comprehensive report with in 24 hours.
Matty was awesome to work with.

Great service by Eric Point Cook

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

Service is great and I like the attitude of Eric. He made us feel confident. Report is also in detail. Thanks Eric.

Exceptional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Adam was professional and personable. I needed the report quickly and he did his site visits and report on the same day. What more could anyone expect.

Verified Customer

Excellent professional services highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Gary Gommers Ringwood Building consultant was exceptional and we would highly recommend him. Thank you Gary for helping us with our build and your professional advice and service. Gary you went above and beyond the service I expected and we are grateful to have found you and the defects you found and kept on top of. Thanks so much, Tania and Nick

Building Inspection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2019

Nick was excellent. He walked me through the Report he would send. He showed me his area's of concern. I am very happy with the Report prepared, I can buy with confidence.
Thanks Nick

Excellent service and communication

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2019

Stephen completed a building and pest inspection for us in January. Stephen invited us along to the inspection and walked us through everything he had found. Excellent communication skills, very friendly and good to talk to. We received our building and pest report within 24 hours which was highly detailed and included photos. We couldn’t have asked for a better service, we are very glad we chose Jim’s building inspections. Would highly reccomend Stephan to anyone.

Verified Customer

Building inspection - highly recommend David Piva from Jim's building inspections

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2019

I have to get pre handover inspection of my newly constructed home in Marsden Park, NSW, David Piva from Jim's building inspections is referred to me by a friend, I am glad David accepted to take up mine within a short notice and that too during new year holidays, I found him being punctual, courteous and friendly, he had great attention to detail and plenty of patience in explaining details on what he found good, bad during inspection and Australian building standard norms.
And a prompt and detailed report by evening is some thing that speaks of his workmanship.

I am very happy to recommend David Piva from Jim's building inspections for his excellent work.

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2019

An excellent job indeed, very detail and comprehensive, this is the second time I use the service and would recommend to my friends, thank you!

Bad service Incomplete report

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2019

We Booked [name removed] from Jim's Building Wanrirna to come and inspect a 1 bedroom bungalow.
He tried to change the time 2 hours before he was due to arrive because it was a hot day. He was at the site for under 30 min and did not inspect the hole bungerlow. there was nothing in his report about patched up plumbing, drain pipes not connected, flashing missing off the side of the building and a wasp's nest that fell through the ceiling the day after the report.When I booked the inspection I asked the price and it was hard to understand how much it was $220 or $320. When he said he had finished I asked him how much and he said $220 then he noticed I had $320 in my hand. he quickly said no it was $320.
It also took over 24 hours to get the report.
This is BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

EXCELLENT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 01, 2019

Recently was in the process of purchasing a home and needed to conduct inspections prior to settlement. I contacted Andy who carried out the asbestos inspection. Also needed other inspections which he helped organise in quick time through Jim’s. He was excellent, on time and provided a detailed report and was more than happy to answer any further questions I had. Could not fault the service therefore I can highly recommend Jim’s Building Inspections.

Above and beyond

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

Based in Melbourne, I requested a quote and went with Karim.
He was wonderful, went above and beyond. He came out within a couple of days of my initially making contact- on a public holiday no less- without charging any extra. He sent through the report quickly, and advised of things that could be repaired by myself, and what would need someone else for, including letting me know if there was anything that needed to be done sooner rather than later. As I was also on crutches for an injury, he went well above and beyond by helping me move things into my house so that I would be able to get unpacked easier!

Polite, detailed, friendly and so very considerate. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Money well spent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

I engaged Nick Tzotzis for a building inspection in Prospect SA. He carried out a thorough inspection on a property as I was looking at purchasing it. Contracts were signed and ready to progress until Nick advised on the many problems associated with the dwelling. Would have cost many thousands of dollars to fix up. Do not hesitate to call Nick. He definitely knows what he is doing.

Worth of money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 24, 2018

Excellent service, Checked everything thoroughly provided a detailed report on time. Recommended what need to be fixed immediately & whats later on.

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer

Building Inspection in Point Cook by Eric Ng is a MUST before purchasing any property

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

After a lot of research and advice from friends and family, I finalised on Eric Ng from Jim's Building Inspection.
At a short notice, Eric was very accommodating and courteous. He explained what will be required to be checked for a property in Point Cook and what checks are not required (saved us money upfront). He also insisted that I be present at the property during the inspection so that he can show and explain any defects and faults.
Eric was on time and did thorough inspections and did not rush things for the sake of completing the checks. The inspection report was detailed with lots of photos and recommendations. Eric called later in the evening to explain each observation, recommended treatment and consequences if left unchecked.

I would not have found those defects myself. Highly recommend Eric for building inspection.

1 of 23 pages

Hi I am building with one of the major builder and they reassured me that they have their own 3rd party inspectors to check through all the stages of build from checking of materials used as in contract till handover. But of course I would not take their words for it. Especially when there are so many inexperienced tradies around that go for fast job and fast money! Do you do such full stage inspection? How much will it cost and for which stage? Thanks matey!

ellen asked on Dec 13, 2018

Answer this

Hi Elle, I totally agree with you, do not trust what the builder says regardless of the size, they always try to cover their fedects unless it’s too obvious or you bring it up. We did not do a full stage review, we only did a final stage inspection but even so lots of defects were identified, some of which you would never be aware of! It cost us only a couple of hundreds and it’s well worth it. The inspector gave us a very detailed inspection report plus lots of advice on how to deal with the builder which is very useful. Hope my answer helps.

Hi Ellen,

Z. Chen seems to agree with you, and I have to say, so do we. You want someone in your corner. We can certainly help you out here. In order to provide a quote, I need to get the local consultant to reach out to you directly and discuss your exact needs and offer a tailored solution. If you would like me to do this, you can email us at info@jimsbuildinginspections.com.au and provide the property address (lot number is fine) and your best phone number to catch you on.

Hi Ellen,
I totally again with Z.Chen.
My builder promised my wife and I that he would build our master piece, and just before the build started I said I was getting my own private inspector in and said that I'd have to pay a admin fee to allow the inspector on-site. So that scared us off as that fee wasn't in our budget. We do kick ourselves for not getting every stage done, but we are so glad that we did get the final inspection done as there were so many defects that I didn't even see and I would visit the property every 3rd day. We were ment to be settling this friday but thats no longer happening due to all the problems that were found.
I highly recommend that you do get every stage checked yes it may cost some $$$ but don't do the same mistake that I did. Hope this can help

Can you put me intouch with Steve Mcbide Noosa for building inspection?

Donald asked on Nov 17, 2018

Hi there Donald.
If you'd like to email info@jimsbuildinginspections.com.au with your details (full name, phone, email, address of property) I can have Steve contact you directly.

Are you in Sydney, Westleigh area?

Diane H asked on Sep 12, 2018

Answer this

Hi Diane! We most certainly are. If you would like to speak to a local inspector you can contact 131 546 and they'll get everything organised for you.

See all 11 questions about Jim's Building Inspections