• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Outstanding customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

We had an urgent settlement and Dominic did the inspection within 24 hours. Not only did he give us the report quickly, but he was happy for us to call him with any questions. His report was detailed and professional.

Excellent service - Andrew Skinner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Andrew Skinner did a great job, very professional.
He fitted us in to suit me work life.
Very knowledgeable and informative.
His his report was above and beyond. Price was very affordable.
Gave as all the facts and rough estimate of prices to fix things.
From his report it prevented us from make a very costly purchase. Would definitely use and recommend him.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

I used Andrew Skinner for inspection of my property. He was there the next working day and was very prompt with a down to earth verbal report and a detailed thorough email report. Appreciated his professional approach and would definitely use him again Thanks Andrew.

David Piva - Great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

David was prompt, and completed the service on a weekend which was great. He called me straight after the inspection, and sent the report as soon as I paid. Would highly recommend

Jack Oddy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2018

Thank you Jack for a most professional and thorough job. Well helpful and friendly. Would use your services again. It was a pleasure do deal with such a professional person.

Saved $$$$$$

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

Had we not used Andrew Skinners professional service and property feedback we would have purchased a home that needed a lot of work. Thankfully we had a very detailed report which saved us $$$ on purchsing the wrong property for us. His availability at short notice was exceptional and now we've found a great property. Thanks again Andrew.

Wayne was great.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

Wayne was thorough and relatable. We walked away with a concise understanding of the buildings pros and cons. Cheers, for making it easy Wayne.

A load of my shoulders

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

David was very professional, efficient, new regulations and OHS. Explained what would need to be done if asbestos was found. He has communicated quite efficiently. Every aspect was explained with calm manner. Highly recommend him

Very helpful and professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Stephen Boike has been extremely helpful on all of our property inspections. He goes above and beyond to give me in depth feedback and to also organise with the agent changes required before settlement. I would recommend using Stephen.

Extremely efficient and professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Sam was very courteous and extremely professional. Provided the personalized service requested. I would highly recomend his business to anyone.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Thanks Graeme Boyd of Geelong, prompt, friendly and efficient service. Very happy with everything and more than happy to recommend Graeme to anyone in the Greater Geelong area.

Pre-purchase asbestos check

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Mark was on time, very professional , kept us well informed and we got the results quickly. We would recommend him to others without hesitation.

Life Saver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

Andrew Skinner from Jim's Building Inspections was a life saver. Really good customer service, tailored my needs accordingly, felt like my private inspector instead of "another customer" Highly efficient, got the job done with one day notice! Well priced service for excellent work. Will recommend Jim anyday.

Verified Customer

Thorough building and pest inspection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

Was so impressed with professionalism from Andrew Skinner on short notice. Pointing out all major and miner defects, also chasing up seller contact details to talk of past work carried on house... would highly recommend!

Service was perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

Thank so much to Stefan Niceski from Jim’s Bulding to came to my house and help me with building inspection. His work was very professional, extremely helpful and friendly. He answered all my questions and found right solutions. Very impressed.

Building and Pest inspection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

Fantastic service and very fast process with sound post work advise, very professional and satisfactory work. i would rate them excellent in all aspects.

Pre-Purchase Building Inspection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

Andrew Skinner completed a full pre-purchase inspection of a home I had signed a contract to purchase on. Andrew was prompt, polite and professional. Andrew's thorough inspection provided me with confidence that all defects or issues would be identified and enabled me to understand how they could be repaired. I would highly recommend Andrew to friends and family and will use his services again should it arise.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

Extremely impressed with Pieter’s (from Jim’s Blacktown office) detailed report. Pieter helped me and my colleague few times and always happy to answer any questions you may have. I will definitely call him again when required and also highly recommend his service.

Professional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

Recently used this service for a prepurchase building and pest reports. The commication was excellent and turn around time fast.

Hamd over building inspection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

Was so pleased to get Gordon from Jim's Building Inspections to come out and inspect my property. Service was very professional and friendly. He was happy to answer or discuss any questions I had. Report was very clear and detailed. Thank you so much!

1 of 17 pages

Hi! A small piece of asbestos was placed on a out side bed room widow sill by an unknown person. I picked it up and broke it in half then through it in the garden. Should I be concerned about this or am I over reacting? Please could I have your advice and opinion .

Peter asked on Jun 22, 2018

Hi Peter,
If it is asbestos there could be fibres that can potentially make it unsafe. Leaving it in the garden is a risk for small children or animals, and anyone working the garden in that area. You can place this (using gloves) in plastic bag. Then place this bag in a second heavy duty plastic bag and take it to the tip. You do pay more to dispose of asbestos, and some tips do not take this substance. However this is the best way to handle the suspected substance. You are able to remove less than 10ms yourself. There is a great link at asbestos awareness that you can review. https://asbestosawareness.com.au/disposal-legalities-nsw/diy-removal-nsw/

Hi there we would like a thorough inspection done of our already purchased house how much will that cost ? Thanks

mano asked on Jan 15, 2018

Hi there Mano.
We offer various types of inspections and our prices vary from state to state and house size. Could you please send us an email with the details below and I can have the local consultant reach out directly to you to quote you.
Please send an email to info@jimsbuildinginspections.com.au with the following details:
Your full name
Full address of the property including state
Your best contact number
Thanks for your enquiry!

Hi im looking for a review in victoria specifically for clyde north. Thank you Ronald

Rocky asked on Dec 05, 2017

Hi Rocky,

The best way you can do this is by contacting the Jim's Group Call Centre on 131 546.
If you have any further questions feel free to contact us via info@jimsbuildinginspections.com.au

Thanks,