Pest and Building Inspection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

I am very pleased with the work tasks which were performed by Jim's Building Inspections. Their work was professional and very thorough. Would highly recommend them to anyone in need of the services they have to offer.

Professional and thorough

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

I’ve engaged David’s service prior to selling my property a year ago. David was very thorough and professional. He was very polite, turned up on time and was very straightforward with his communication. He spend time with me to go through all issues found in details and answered all my concerns. He also provided advice on repair priorities. He also provided the report next day without any delay. I was very impressed and engaged his service again.

This time I engaged him for pre-handover inspection for my newly build Property. He again did an excellent job, identified issues wouldn’t have been found otherwise. He went through them with myself and the builder together. It gave me high confidence on the quality of my new quality and also an assurance to the builder who had delivered a very high quality work.

i wouldn’t have any hesitation to recommend David’s service to any one.

Extremely thorough

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Excellant very prompt and my report was back to me within 24 hours. I can sell my house with confidence knowing exactly every detail of it's condition, no surprises.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

David was on time, professional and provided us a detailed and valuable report. I certainly will recommend his service. Thank you.

Pieter was thorough!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

Pieter carried out a pool compliance inspection for us and advised the most cost effective ways to bring us to compliant. I would recommend him to friends and family.

Prompt service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

Easy to read and detailed reports which have been useful and will save us in the long term. Thanks for the reliable service.

great job very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

Great job very quick to get it done with no hassle at all would highly recommend them to other people. Thank you for your service

Verified Customer

Highly detailed and thorough inspection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

David provided a highly detailed and thorough inspection report for my first home. I was well informed for any existing issues and potential problems of the house before purchase. The good thing for a report like this is that you can start planning for preventative maintenance the day you move in, rather than getting stung with unexpected costs along the way. The inspection was worth every cents for what you get, highly recommended.

Very Professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

I'm glad we hired a professional inspector. Aside from the obvious, David provided a thorough inspection and highlighted items that needs to be addressed by the builder. We are happy to recommend him to our friends.

Peregian Springs

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2017

Major faults were not on report, contacted inspector with no satisfaction. Cost a lot of money to carry out repairs. Would never use again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Jim's Building Inspections Official

Hi Debra, I'm so sorry to hear you've had a negative experience. I'd be happy to look into this for you if you would like to get in touch through the Call Centre - 131 546 and ask for Bek at Jim's... read more »

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Verified Customer

A very professional, efficient and reliable service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

Dave provided a very professional and thorough PCI inspection of our home. With his extensive knowledge of the building industry, we highly recommend his services.

Best building report ever - really!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

Ben Monaghan's building report was thorough and clear. He came highly recommended to me by an excellent master builder and I can now recommend him to anyone looking for a reliable report.

5 stars is an understatement. I give 10 stars!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2017

Ben was extremely friendly and professional right from the start.
He called me after the inspection to provide a summary and I received the report within a couple of hours. He took the time to answer my questions and didn't hurry off the phone.
I wish more businesses provided excellent service like this!

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Race discrimination (Solved)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2017

This is my fault, I found this company on productreview.com.au. We bought a new house and need a pre-inspection. High rate on website made me send the phone number to my wife then. She called them and got a mobile number in Perth.

My wife asked for a quote, a man has told her it was $380. Even the price more expensive than other inspection company which agency recommended, we still chosen the Jim's Building Inspections. We thought that "you get what you pay for". It's wrong in fact.

Today the guy called my wife that he has finished the inspection, it will charge her $390. My wife email him and asked him why the price is different with quote? She said she may didn't understand the amount totally because she isn't a local and English not good enough, but she willing pay the bill. To surprise us, the guy called my wife with wildly angry. He yelled, said he has been hurted. He insult her and a world of sarcasm:If your culture of race is the bargaining,I can give you bill with $10 discount....

My wife was upset and couldn't work afternoon, even when she came back home, still have tears on face. How dare you say that? INCREDIBLE!

I am going to complain to the company and the Department of government tomorrow.

31/Oct update

My wife and I are both satisfied with Jim's customers service. After complained, the manager called my wife and made an apology. The manager told her, they would stop the contract immediately with [name removed] who is the inspector. And we would receive the written apology and report of inspection. Then we have gotten the email from [name removed]. He has apologized to my wife finally. We are still trust the Jim's, and hope the same thing will never be happened to anybody.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Professional & Friendly Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

Diligent inspections that were not rushed. Accurate and in-depth reports were provided. Very professional and friendly service provided by David Piva with timely communication.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2017

Pieter gave us a great report with minimal turn around time. He was recommended by a real estate and I too would recommend. Thank you.

Great Building Report

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

Thank you for the prompt building report Pieter, lovely to deal with. Report was easy to read and the information was clear which allowed us to make a good decision in the house we were interested to buy/make an offer for.

a quick view

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Pleasent
Informative
Task orientated
Helpfull

ps
There is no need for twenty words as a lot can be said in just a few
so your system needs a review

Pest & Building Report

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Pieter provided an excellent report for us in very quick time.
Much appreciated as this allowed us to reach a comfortable decision to participate in the upcoming auction on the property we were interested in.

Great experience with David!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

Thank you for a comprehensive pest and building inspection David.
David was prompt in responding to text messages at the time of engaging him to complete the pre-purchase inspection.
According to the agent, he was extremely thorough which we felt was a good sign.
David's report was clear and gave directions in layman's terms which was of great assistance to us given our lack of building knowledge. In addition, his phonecall provided the opportunity for us to ask what questions we had which may not have been in the report.
Without hesitation, I would recommend David for your pest and building inspection needs.

1 of 11 pages

I am planning to makeover both my kitchen and laundry. We will be spending a substantial amount. I have read some mixed reviews of various kitchen companies (Freedom and Good Guys) and one of the complainants (who has had some very unfortunate experiences with one of these companies) suggested we should get a building inspector. Do you do this sort of work?

Charlotte asked on Aug 28, 2017

Answer this

We can certainly discuss your specific needs in more detail. If you call 131 546 you'll be put in touch with the local consultant and they'll be able to discuss this further with you.

Hi, I am building a single story in Mount Waverley with one of the known builders. I am seeking for a independent building inspector to do building inspections. Please let me know the cost?

Eshmindar Singh asked on May 03, 2017

Answer this

One of our independent building inspectors would be delighted to give you a free quote. There are a number of questions that need to be answered first and as we have dedicated inspectors in the Mount Waverley area its best to call Jims on 131 546 and you'll get a quick response to your inquiry.

Looking for a building inspector for a new build in Lara, Victoria. Heard good things about David Piva here in reviews. Is he based in Melbourne? Could not find him on the list of inspectors on Jim's website.

Sunny asked on Apr 06, 2017