Brisbane

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Best Prepaid Sim card value I've found

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

After much shopping around for a prepaid sim card with decent Data I came across Kogan's offers which are covered by the Vodafone network. I looked at all the options and decided to take the 365 days package for $308 upfront which offered unlimited calls and texts and 14gb data renewed every 30 days which equates to approx $26 a month, as against the Boost Mbl deal I previously had at $49 mth with only 10gb data and pretty lousy coverage even if it was using Telstra network.
I was pleasantly surprised at the coverage and speed that I got and even more pleased when Kogan bumped the data up to 16gb every 30 days at no extra cost.
Prepaid options in Australia have been mean on Data offered to say the least as the latest smart phones are heavy on data usage with the constant updates required to keep your phones safe.
Four months into my 12 month deal, I honestly am very happy with my Kogan sim. It arrived within a week of payment and I've had good and efficient service from their Call Centre - just disappointed that they close so early.
I love the peace of mind of not having to stump up $49 every 28 days like I did with Boost but you need to be aware that this Kogan offer isn't available all the time and you need to keep an eye on their website for the 365 days offers which seem to come up every few months or so.
So happy I took this offer.

Labrador

• 2 answers

Coverage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Kogan mobile plan for prepaid are fantastic i have been with them since may my daughter put me on to them their coverage is fantastic my data has not dropped out at all and it is value for money

very happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Loving the service from Kogan, excellent coverage ant always terrific service over the phone, showed a friend how easy it is to sign up and they where away quickly, another happy customer..n

Kogan mobile sim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Coverage is terrible ... with advertised speeds of 8-16Mbps but delivering 0-2Mbps.
Prepaid plan delivers no value as speeds so slow that even apps cannot download!!
Customer service is a JOKE- made 8 calls to try & get downloads fixed, promised a fix & call back several time.... And nothing happened ... No fix , no callback!!!

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi John, thanks for your feedback. Kogan Mobile runs on the Vodafone network. You can see the coverage map here: https://www.koganmobile.com.au/about/coverage/ Data speeds will depend on coverage... read more »

Best value pre-paid!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

I was worried about reception as it goes through vodaphone but it’s been really good, way better than my last provider! And it’s the best pre-paid value I’ve seen in a long time, it’s all online which works well for me. the only thing this company doesn’t have is good customer support, if you ring It’s an Indian Call centre with no idea but thankfully I’ve only had to do that once! All in all a great phone provider and I won’t be changing anytime soon! :)

Brisbane

• 1 answer

Excellent value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

The New yearly real by Kogan Mobile works out at $16.90per month for 6 GB of data and unlimited calls...This is fantastic for my teens. Coverage in and around my areas has been excellent. So al lin all this has been a wonderful swap from our previous mobile service provider.

good for what I need it for

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

I'm someone who uses their phone mainly to check email, browse the net and maybe occasionally get a phone call or text message. Really happy with the price for the amount of data that I get [11GB] (which is the main thing I look for)

So good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

Very well, I'm very satisfied. Good provider, chip cup, no any hick ups, and I'm happy with peace in mind about

good value. Good coverage.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

coverage good.
Prepaid
Good value
Good support,however am I been given the best value for money ie latest promos-When my prepaid is deducted from my money account.--I DID NOT ASK/AUTHORIZE FOR THIS!!

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Barry, thanks for your review. It's possible a recurring prepaid recharge may have been selected during your starter pack activation. If this is not the recharge option you'd prefer we can cert... read more »

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2017

Great coverage, prepaid, great value for money, I have been with them for a few years and won't change, keep up the good work

Value, Value, Value

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2017

The network coverage is very reliable
My plans are prepaid
Both plans are exceptional value for money and cannot be beaten by other carriers
Customer service has been very informative, prompt and reliable
The only thing that needs improving is the ability to data share between devices and the opportunity to globally roam at competitive costs in neighbouring countries.

Good but needs ability to call/text international

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

Prepaid plans are good value
Network is reliable for my needs
Haven't really needed to use customer support except at the beginning and once sorted out it has been plain sailing.
Lacks ability to call/text international

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Affordable & good data allowances

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

One of the only phone companies that have affordable fees with good data, calls & text allowances.

They only difficulty is the inability to text or ph to, or from overseas.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Cannot get better !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

Very reliable, never had a problem with the network. It's a prepaid plan and is excellent value for money. Customer service is fantastic..better than anywhere else!!!

love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

It is perfect service never complain from it always connect , before i was suffer with another provider
I want to say thank you

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

Terrible terrible terrible.
Cheaters cheaters
Bad service
I don’t recommend anyone at all.
I ordered a free promo 16GM for one month. When I registered it I have to choose prepaid plan. I did choose 365days plan. Then the first promo of one month is gone.
I registered 2 Nov
I could not use Kogan service until 8 Nov.
I called kogan, they said just wait. Not helping at all.
My old carrier’s due day of payment is 6Nov.
I have to pay old carrier and Kogan double because of slow service of Kogan.

Terrible service
Not recommend at all.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Rtj, Thanks for getting in touch with your feedback. We're very sorry for the delay in completing your port. Unfortunately there has been a temporary outage which has recently delayed some po... read more »

COVERAGE

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

Coverage is a problem here in WA .
when you leave town there is mostly none.
Telstra more reliable, had to buy a sim from them as a supplement for the bad coverage!!!

Yearly Phone Plan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

We have three yearly prepaid phone plans. We are very happy the service and price. Very easy no worries about going over any of our limits. I have recommended to friends and family.

1 of 29 pages

why the nokia 3 does not come with the English manual ? wish is the common language used in the wold . please let me know where to get it , I do not see myself carrying a stack of printed pages in my shirt pocket , that should be taken in consideration .

Chat asked on Nov 13, 2017

Hi Chat,

Our phones are internationally sourced models in order to offer our low prices. Due to this you may receive a non English paper manual, but the English PDF manual is available on our website and the manufacture's website.

You can see the user manual for the Nokia 3 on the product listing below. Just click on the "user manual" tab and then click "download."

How do you charge for data? Per KB or MB?

meg asked on Nov 13, 2017

Answer this

It appears to be per MB.

I purchased a Kogan prepaid plan on Friday Today is Thursday. They have not been able to port my number. Discussing the matter with their reps is useless as all I get is “ we apologize “ we have escalated. I understand your frustration “ Does anyone have a contact for Kogan in Australia ? Tks TPO

TPO asked on Nov 09, 2017

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the delay with your port. It's possible there may be some verification details not lining up with the previous provider. We'd like to investigate this to ensure it's resolved for you promptly.

If you have a current enquiry number, please provide this in your reply.

Otherwise please give us a call on Kogan Mobile on 1300 056 426 (1300 KOGAN) 7 days a week between 8am to 8pm AEST.

See all 89 questions about Kogan Mobile