Melbourne

• 3 comments

Kogan 14GB mobile plan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

It's my first time using Kogan mobile (sim) while it's on sale. $1 for 14GB per 30days! It's really an excellent deal. I used for 30 days and without any issues so far. The activation was smooth, call quality was normal and didn't have issues with 4G connection what so ever. Unlike other carrier such as Amaysim, It didn't set the plan to auto-renew (this can be setup during the sim activation). I'm not sure about the customer service though since I never needed to contact support so far.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Willy, Thanks for the positive feedback, glad to hear you're enjoying the service. If you do need any assistance, you can call 1300 056 426 (1300 KOGAN) 7 days a week between 8am to 8pm AEST o... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

So far, not so good.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we're really sorry to hear you've had issues due to the service. We'd really like to follow this up and ensure this is all resolved for y... read more »

Long wait for sim after being 'dispatched', unlike my credit card payment, which was immediate.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

It took 7 business days for sim to arrive (to address in Brisbane) paid subscription (on 27th of June) email stating card was dispatched on 28rd of June. I believe Dick Smith / Kogan should 1; Use an Express Post envelope, 2; Customers should be able to access Kogan Help and Support easier and quicker (if adequate staff were on call), 3: Ensure a '10 digit voucher' is emailed after payment, 4; Changing the connection from Telstra to the Vodafone network, takes far too long as well.
Improvements are necessary for a better rating, sorry.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi John, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we do valie this and we're sorry to hear this wasn't the best experience getting on board. We do use standard post, with express post an option if it ... read more »

Verified Purchase

Why should I provide a credit card for a prepaid service?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

So we pre-pay for an entire year of service, specifically to avoid a monthly bill.
We provide Identification in the form of a Drivers License or Passport
We disable "auto-recharge" and turn off "remember my payment details"

And then at the end of the activation process, we are forced to provide a credit card for? ..."identification"? no because we already provided that. For payment? no because we already paid for an entire year of service. Recharging? No because we turned that off.

Asking for information you don't require just so it's easier to charge your customers in the future without offering a method to opt out is not friendly at all.

Don't be an unfriendly company. There are already too many like that in Australia.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi John, Thank you for sharing your feedback, sorry to hear you've had a poor experience with the setup process. A couple of points of identification are required for identify verification, and w... read more »

There is nothing more infuriating than having somebody parrot the same copy&pasted information to you again and again while ignoring what you say. Australian legislation does not require a Credit ... read more »

Kogan Official

Hi John, Sorry if it's not been a pleasant experience, we do value this feedback as we want to do everything possible to provide a smooth signup. Yes, this is a point of identity we elect to use ... read more »

Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Since the SIM card did not cover the service in some areas of Northern NSW, so I decided to ask for a money refund, it took me over 10th times calls since 11th June to request for my refund, I am really fed up with this when I think about how much time I had to spend and how much money I have paid for those calls, each time I have to repeat all my details and waited online for at least 30minutes every single time. And still, I am on the waiting list.

Super slow inefficient service I have every had, I cannot imagine how their mobile service competing with other competitors.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Neli, Thank you for sharing your feedback, really sorry to hear the service wasn't right for you and that you're having issues getting a refund for it. We'd really like to follow this up and e... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Sim Card waiting is awful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

It's quite annoying when you expect a sim card that you need urgently and it still has not arrived! I have contacted Kogan atleast 3 times and I still have not received my sim card and yet I get told it was dispatched already and I get the email for the activation which is pointless until I've received the sim card how about putting an express option for people that need it urgently or have a store or retailers that sell sim cards to make it less of a hassle.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Amelia, Thank you for sharing your feedback, sorry to hear the SIM card hasn't arrived with you yet. We do offer an express option at the cart stage for a couple of dollars. Can you please adv... read more »

The express option was not there when I played my order I received the voucher on the 5th and my activation on the 15th

Kogan Official

Hi Amelia, Sorry to hear that, it is odd to hear as it has been available since express shipping was first offered on Kogan.com late last year. Has the SIM card arrived now? If not, could you adv... read more »

• 5 helpful votes

Kogan Mobile is back

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

I was previously with Kogan Mobile the last time they had the Telstra debacle. Kogan were professional and courteous refunding my money and there was nothing wrong with their service so when the opportunity to try them again came up I was happy to do so.

Having been a user of Telstra and Optus I was a little apprehensive when I found out they were using Vodafone this time.

I was quite surprised to find that the service is equivalent and if it was a Coke vs Pepsi challenge I wouldn't know which is which.

The plans are very competitiv
e especially when taking up over a 1 year period.

The only thing I am hoping for Kogan Mobile to add is the ability to roam internationally as competitive at that on offer by Optus. $10 per day unlimited calls and text with 50mb of data. That is the one thing missing that whilst I am supportive of Kogan I could end up heading back to Optus if it doesn't eventuate.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Chris, Thank you for sharing your experience, glad to hear you've given us a second go after the unfortunate issues that had us close down in our previous iteration. We appreciate the feedback... read more »

SYDNEY

• 3 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Great Value Quality Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

I was a little apprehensive moving away from Optus, but was pleasantly surprised to find the Vodafone 3G/4G, just as good! Coupled with Kogan's unbeatable 365 day plans, I'm saving heaps, and getting more data than ever before. Porting my old number was a breeze, and setup was super easy.
Hope Kogan introduces a "Global Sim" for us Aussie travellers!!
Thanks Kogan!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Cheap plan, hope coverage is good!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

I paid for 1 year at a very reasonable cost. The sim arrived a few days later and I activated it last weekend, the phone number was transferred within 30 mins. I have used the phone in Sydney area so far and will take it to Queenland so hope all remains as good as now.

Croydon

• 3 helpful votes

No probelms at all

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Hi everyone,
My new SIM card arrived in less than a week. I activated the service today and transferred my exisiting number. My new sim was active in less than half an hour with the number transfer. I have no complaints.
I paid for a year long sim with 10GB of data every month. I think it is great value and I am hoping the coverage will be just as good. The plan was for my son so he will use in Melb metro area only.

Verified Purchase

Genuinely wretched. Do not waste your time and money.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

To complete the sign up procedure and have your number transferred, it is necessary to provide Kogan with a credit card with identical details to your previous service plan. For me such a credit card or debit master card does not exist. I was however required and able to provide them with another form of identification, during the sign up procedure and I was willing to answer the phone should they call the number I wished transferred. I was even willing to provide them with a different credit card, with the same family name but not the correct first name.

I rang the call centre, they were most unhelpful, simply regurgitating the details written on the activation web site and providing no further help or insight. I asked to be elevated to a supervisor. I was informed a supervisor would call me back within the hour. I waited two hours with no response, so I called back only to find the call centre was now closed for the day.

I rang again the next day, again I was simply parroted the same information as was already written on the activation page. I was finally elevated to a supervisor, whom again merely reiterated the same information and told me I had a problem. After explaining to her, numerous times, I understood that I had a problem, could she please suggest a solution other than providing her with a credit card, she finally suggested I should fix the problem with my current provider because she wasn't able to give me any further help.

The only part that seems to be easy here is demanding a refund. After waiting more than a week to receive my sim, waiting over a day to finally speak with a supervisor, I am now required to wait 15 working days to receive my refund.

TL;DR If the website does not fix your problem, the call centre won't either. They simply read out what is already written down on the help page. When they claim they will call you back, they will not. When finally speaking to a supervisor, they will not yield any further solutions, they will simply inform you they cannot help and there is no one above them that can help either. Cheap, nasty, genuinely bad.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Ben, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, sorry we haven't been able to better assist. It doesn't sound as though you received the support you should have, we'll certainly take thi... read more »

Adelaide, SA

• 41 comments
  • 32 answers
  • 119 helpful votes

Unlimited calls/texts 1gb data for 11 per month

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

I recently bought a 365 day unlimited calls and texts from Kogan Mobile, running on the Vodaphone network, so far all good and ok due to the fact I live in suburbs

I bought this 365 day plan on sale promotion, hoping that Kogan don't go the way before a few years back when they were on the Telstra Network. Their app is clear and precise and data works fine, I just have to upgrade my phone in the future which I will most likely give a review on.

I hope this helps someone - their plans currently start from 15 per month and you can buy the 365 day plan - different choices are upon their web site on how much data you would like. 365 days is convenient to say the least, no need to top up every month

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi, Thanks for sharing your feedback, glad to know it's been a good experience. If you have any issues or questions in future, you can call us on 1300 056 426 (1300 KOGAN) 7 days a week between 8... read more »

1 of 33 pages

My husband is currently on prepaid with Boost (which is run by Telstra), and when we looked at swapping him to Telstra they said he couldn't take his phone number with him if he moved, as Boost won't allow it! He had this phone number before he was with Boost (Kogan actually), and Vodafone before that. We want to get him back with Kogan, and my question is, will he be able to take his phone number with him? By the way, I appreciate seeing Kogan Official replying to complaints and queries.

Shamira Rochford asked on Jul 21, 2017

Answer this

Never believe what some of these sales people tell you.
Simply choose what telco you are going to use, complete the form to port your existing number and if you get a rejection in writing explaining what you said, you then make a complaint to the Telecommunications Ombudsman whom, I'm sure, would sort this in your favour very quickly.
PS: Aldimobile is best, followed by Boost then Kogan !.

Thanks for your prompt reply SharksAreCircling. Much appreciated.

Hi, I've just ported my phone over to Kogan. I could make calls within 10mins of the porting process but I'm still unable to use the mobile data even though it says it's connected to the live.vodafone.com network. I need help please? I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 not locked to any network and I've tried using the VPN Settings you recommend on your website. Does the porting process for mobile data take longer and I should just wait a day or is there something I need to do with my phone? Thanks.

zippy7878 asked on Jul 18, 2017

Answer this

Turn your phone off and restart after 2 minutes.
If that doesn't work, reset your Network settings

I have received my Vodaphone sim card through Kogan but I have not yet received the activation code?? How long does this normally take??

Lyndall asked on Jul 18, 2017