bad experience!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Last year I bought the cards for one year of phone service- took a long time to come; then had massive troubles trying toget it working. End result- they did take my location- but didnt tell me there was no service in my rural area! They did eventually fully refund, though- & I must say I have bought many things from kogan & they've been great.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi, Thank you for providing your feedback and we're sorry to hear about the experience. Kogan Mobile runs on the Vodafone network and our coverage can be checked here: https://www.koganmobile.co... read more »

No problems here!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

bought a 365 day plan, sim arrived in 2 days and took about 10 mins to port my number. Cant do better than that!

Wollongong

• 1 answer

Payed twice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

Have now paid twice for 365 day sim voucher, the help desk is totally useless even if you can understand the rep [name removed], obviously not his real name. No service numerous emails and phone call. Total rubbish.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi,

Thanks for leaving your feedback.

Apologies for the delays in resolving your enquiry. We'll be happy to have an agent look into this for you as a priority.

We have sent you a private message requesting your details so that we can get in touch.

• 1 answer
Private message

Can't port old number for 4 days (no call/text/internet)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

Terrible customer service; I regret buying SIM from them. From last 12/09/17, they are trying(?) to port old number; every time I contact mention its gonna take less than 24 hours. I do not have network with old operator, can't make call/text/browse internet with kogan.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Jahir, Thanks for your feedback and we're sorry to hear about the issues. A port certainly shouldn't take that long, so it's possible there may be some conflicting account details with the pr... read more »

Horrible services, Porting process taken over 3 day and still no answers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

Customer call centre are no hep what so ever, not helping with my issue too worried about staying on the prewritten scipts.
Made to wait multiply days for thing that should only take a few hours and still no results have been made.
Do not go to Kogan they do not care about their customer, they are more worried about making sure they have you money which out delivering the service which you paid for

Difficult to understand the people from the call centre, poor English or horrible phone connection on their side

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Mich, We're sorry to hear about the delay in porting your number. A number should normally port within 3 business hours unless it is a Sunday or a public holiday, so it's possible there may be... read more »

The coverage is rotten and useless for trying to study and also run a business.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

I'm fed up with Kogan mobile, as the coverage (bars is always total rubbish). Am fed up with getting the same, coverage map story. It's not fixing the problem and I'm totally fed up and tired of wasting my hard earned money and energy and time, with the disgrace of mobile internet. No more, I'm leaving and going to Aldi mobile.

No need to apologies Kogan mobile support. No need for the coverage map b/s story. No need to offer more data, while the problem that needs to be solved, once and for all is the totally weak internet coverage. That is all.

Comments
Kogan Official

HI Dani, Thanks for writing a review, we're sorry to hear about the disappointment with your service. Obviously we can only offer what is advertised on our coverage map, however we're quite happ... read more »

Adelaide

• 3 comments

Below average support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Finally managed to speak to a kogan rep about two Sims which were ordered and not received. He offered to resend the order and I suggested if they sent them Express Post they should arrive tomorrow. However he said it can't be done because they're sent from off-shore. I have now contacted Visa and initiated a refund for two prepaid plans. Kogan can now chase me for the money.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi John, We sincerely apologise that your two sims were lost in transit. It's true that we do not have an express post option available for sim cards from our warehouse, however we've made a req... read more »

Thank you for your prompt response. I find it difficult to understand that two Sims are not readily available somewhere in Australia. This is where the customer base is located. Today is Wednesday ... read more »

Hi John,

We've requested for the 2 sim cards to be express shipping from our Melbourne office today.

We will send you an email with the full details. If there are any issues please let us know.

Brisbane Austraila

• 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Ultra Bad reception in general.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

Pretty Bad reception all over Brisbane area. I should of stayed with Optus. Even thought I would have to pay more Money. Now I have payed the money so I'm stuck with this plan for 12 months. Bad deal.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

HI Craig, Thanks for your feedback and we're sorry to hear about your reception issues. Our network coverage can be view on our website here: https://www.koganmobile.com.au/about/coverage/ We ... read more »

Data boost .Thanks Kogan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

I have had no problems at all. I took a prepaid 365 day plan with 14 gig per month which has just been boosted to 16 gig at no extra cost. .Thanks kogan your mobile plans are excellent.Alan (Brisbane ).

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the great feedback.

We hope you enjoy your service with Kogan Mobile!

Been on Kogan for a month now.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

Ported 2 SG4 phones from Telstra. Numbers came over in hours. Service is great so far & they just gave me .5 of a gig data extra. I am on a prepaid 365 day plan with 1 gig data per month. I was paying $100 per month for the 2 phones so I'm grinning having paid Kogan about $280 for the year for both phones. Well done Kogan.

Credit Card activation... wait 24hrs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

What a piece of crap this company is. They ask for your credit card details to activate the service even though you have prepaid it. If you enter your credit card details incorrectly it will say unable to proceed and wait 24hrs. So I wait 48 hrs and still it cant process my credit card. KOGAN = FAIL

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi David, We're sorry to hear about the issues with the activation. We do require a valid credit card matching the account holder's name as part of our identification process. We'd like to loo... read more »

Brisbane

Value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

I live in a capital city and 5 of us in the family are signed up to the 365 pre-paid plan. We haven't encountered any problems accessing the internet so I'm surprised this has been an issue for some. On the odd occasion we find we do lose reception when on a call (couple of secs). In total our family is saving over $400 per year compared to our previous provider and we all doubled our data supply. We are all very happy with the service.

Rubbish internet coverage.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

Rotten internet signal coverage. Will go with Aldi mobile, after I run this $ out this month. Kogan mobile, used to be quite good. It's a shame that they'll again loose good customers.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi, Thanks for providing your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with the service. Kogan Mobile uses the Vodafone network, which you can check on our coverage map here: https:... read more »

Never seen a FULL NETWORK

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

Switched from Vodafone Prepaid to Kogan Annual Plan assuming since the network provider is not changing, the network performance would still be the same. But feels like that is not the case. Been using Kogan mobile for over a month now and the network strength varies from 4G (Strength -2 to Strength -1 to 3G). Earlier with vodafone I have always seen Full strength of signal (Strength-5).

Device : iPhone 6s+

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Sohil, Thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having. Kogan Mobile uses the Vodafone network, so the reception should be the same. You can see our coverage map... read more »

Pitfalls of Porting to Kogan

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

Porting to Kogan from an old carrier is fraught with pitfalls if you are activating new Kogan acc on behalf of someone else (e.g. spouse or teenage child)
On the first page you put in name and DOB of person meant to use the mobile. Later you are asked for a credit card (mandatory). If name and DOB on credit card does not match details on first page - port will fail! There is no red flag to warn you of this or stop you. The port request goes through and you then get a port fail email later. The only fix for this offered by Kogan is to tell you to call the old provider and change acc details at their end so details match (which is a hassle as they will need to speak to the current acc holder who may not be available ; ask for photo id etc) then call Kogan back etc.....

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Michael, Thanks for your feedback, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the port request. Porting requests will require the details of the number's account holder with both network pro... read more »

Suggestion for Kogan: have a big prompt in credit card section stating the credit card details (name & DOB) must also match name & DOB of name on mobile number. Surely it is not uncommon for a par... read more »

Kogan Official

Thanks for your suggestion. I have passed this on to the relevant teams help improve the process.

A member of our Kogan Mobile Team will be in touch with you shortly to have everything resolved.

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

If your looking for a low cost telephone service provider look no further. Kogan Mobile are able to support you with a wide variety of plans to suit your need whether your after DATA, International Calls or super low Aus to Aus calls Kogan is there for you. Well Recommended. Reliable network.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the positive feedback, glad to hear the service is working out for you.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or issues at any stage!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

Same as above....order sim card took 3.5 weeks to arrive....tried to active many times....rang Kogan ..so far this month have been on the phone for over 9 hours waiting to get done and now have my telephone bill to prove this for ringing them...to no avail...still...If you get thru they just transfer you to another dept and then wait again.....Kogan have taken my money on 31st July 2017 and still trying to active the service....to no avail as of today 30 August 2017.....very disappointing....all they say is I am sorry and transfer you to yet another dept.....and no one rings back if you lleave call back details....I think next step is Ombudsman here....only way to get it done or get my money back.....very disappointing...deal sounded good...but then anything can sound good with the correct advertising .... Geraldine

Comments
Kogan Official

Geraldine, Thank you for providing your feedback, and I'm very sorry to hear about the issues. We were experiencing temporary outages at our call centre due on 30/08 to some extreme weather cond... read more »

Purchased a voucher then got charged again on my credit card.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2017

I have recently come over to Kogan as the competitive rates are a bargain. I purchased 14G for 90 days for $83. When i received my new sim card I registered my details including ID and credit card details. I have since become aware that I have been charged on my credit card $139.90 for the same package again? I have been a satisfied Kogan customer up until joining Kogan mobile. My internet is very very very slow or continually can't connect? This is in a major city, Sydney? I would like to know how and when I will receive funds charged to my credit card? Also could someone resolve my data issues?

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi, Thank you for sharing your feedback, sorry to hear of those issues. With the double charge, it sounds as though a plan was inadvertently purchased instead of the voucher code being used, we'l... read more »

Kogan Mobile Pathetic customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2017

I purchased two sim cards from Kogan only one arrived I reported this to customer service and they assured me the remaining sim would be sent out priority two weeks later and it still has not been sent.
I have spoken to at least six different customer care reps and all have given me different stories as to why the sim card has not yet been sent out to me, So it`s been five weeks since I paid for two sim cards and I`m still waiting for the second one Arrrggggggg
And to top it all off coverage is shocking I have decided to write off the two sim cards and go back to Vodafone costs a little more but you get what you pay for.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Vialli, Thanks for sharing your feedback, we're really sorry of hear of the issues you have there. Kogan Mobile uses the Vodafone network, you can see some information about the service you sh... read more »

Clarkson WA

• 1 helpful vote

Coverage terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

I thought I would give Kogan another try as they had a good 365 day plan on offer. I originally went with Kogan a few years ago and they were terrible. Since the day I bought my annual plan I have had little or no coverage. This is a safety problem in many areas - just no coverage whatsoever. I will never use Kogan again. I gave them the benefit of the doubt but no more. I have transferred to Aldi Mobile and immediately my coverage went up to 4G. I could not even get any reception in my home with Kogan. Not a fan of theirs.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience. We have a coverage map which customers can use to see what coverage is offered to areas d... read more »

1 of 22 pages

I cannot receive/send mms on a Samsung galaxy s7. I have rung Kogan twice and they said they would send me the settings by notification - never happened, so I googled the settings but it still doesn't work.... Since Kogan uses the Vodafone network, can I go to a Vodafone shop and get some help from them? Thanks.

Shazza asked on Sep 18, 2017

Answer this

It hard to tell. Kogan can use Vodafone network; however, since you bought from Kogan, Vodafone can refuse to provide any feedback. Maybe keep contacting Kogan can give a solution.

I tried Vodafone store and they couldn't help they just said Kogan just used there network so had to go back to so called help desk.

Hi Shazza,

Sorry to hear that the MMS notification hasn't reached you yet.

To set up MMS, you'll need to ensure that the APN settings in your phone are set up as per the following page: https://help.koganmobile.com.au/hc/en-au/articles/206229188-What-are-the-APN-settings-for-Kogan-Mobile-

You can get to the APN settings on your Samsung Galaxy S7 by going to Settings > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.

If you run into any issues, please give us a call on 1300 056 426 (1300 KOGAN) and we'll be happy to talk you through the set up.

Can you use an Optus sim in a Kogan phone?

Kaye D asked on Sep 06, 2017

Hi Kaye,

All the phones we sell are fully unlocked, so you can use any sim card including an Optus sim.

We recommend checking the the product listing to ensure that the phone you're looking to purchase will cover all the network frequencies for your provider.
You can read more about this here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/does-this-phone-work-with-my-provider-au/

If you have any questions at all please let us know.

Awesome ...thanks!

My first name and last name is same. Will I still be able to port? In lyca u cant

mithun asked on Aug 15, 2017