Verified Customer

Generous and good plan with data distribution

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

I signed up for Kogan after moving away from another provider. I got the new users' plan for dirt cheap. tons of data for around 5 bucks at 90% or so discount. The offer was great and the discount is even more now. I immediately switched and now, I have been using their network for almost a month. The internet is fast and I can use it everywhere. The phone connection is great and I am enjoying the unlimited national calls and SMS. Overall, a good plan with a good price tag.

Verified Customer

Generous data but drains unreasonably faster than Optus mobile.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I was with Optus mobile before and compared the same data usage pattern with Kogan mobile data usage which drains one time faster than Optus mobile. Meaning the amount of data you got actually just half.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Ray, That's unusual to hear, as the data usage should be identical to any other provider. It might be worth contacting our team to discuss this and see if there are any issues. You can conta... read more »

Ashtonfield nsw

• 1 comment

Kogan mobile plans

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I purchased a prepaid kogan mobile plan. It was great value and the coverage has been reliable. Since starting the plan my download has been increased without any extra cost

Mount Waverley

• 5 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 11 helpful votes

4G faster than Telstra!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

I had nothing but problems with Telstra where I live in Mt Waverley, Victoria close to the city. Telstra only gives me 20-30mb download on 4G when I do a speed test while Kogan gives me 80-90mb. The calls keep dropping out on Telstra and quality was poor. With Kogan, it's great about 95% of the time! Telstra support is totally hopeless and money hungry. You have to yell to get some kind of credit when these issues. I hate Telstra now! I've been with Kogan for 6 months now where I'm happy with the service!

Verified Customer

Best service and surprisingly quick porting

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

- Nice customer service, better than vodafone
- Coverage also better (I have tried optus and telstra before switching back to kogan)
- Portings were very quick 2-5 mins ( I have done porting 4 times, including couple times for my partner)
- prices are not bad either

Verified Customer

Terrific service, easy and great value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

I am in northern suburbs of Brisbane (Albion). I purchased the $4.95 one month for 23GB package (now 99 cents). I have found it fabulous. The set up was easy. All calls and texts are working fine, internet is fast at home on wifi and out and about. I'm very happy.

moorooka

• 2 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

Obudsman here I come

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Unable to port my mobile number due to Kogan error not my phone provider. Had to pay another month of postpaid plan. Spoke to customer service due to their porting error they said they would happy to suspend the porting until the following end of month without any losing the prepaid subscription and when i telephone customer service they promised they would do this, but on the kogan mobile app, it shows i have 1 day left of subscription so instead of paying for 12 months i get 11 months instead. I'm ringing the ombudsman die to the misrepresentation.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Herlinc69, Since we've been discussing this issue with you over private message, we can see that our team have been in touch and managed to resolve all the issues you had been experiencing. Th... read more »

Hi thank you for your email. I have already made a positive comment on product care review.
Lincoln

Sydney

KOGAN IS PROBLEMATIC AND OFFERS NO SUPPORT

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Kogan mobiles customer support is designed to lead customers into a maze of FAQs that Cant solve their problems because they don’t include questions like:

“Why would Kogan Mobile cancel my PREPAID 12 month contract when I top it up with extra data?”

Or

“Why would Kogan Mobile cancel my contract in June when their systems clearly show that my contract is valid until October?”

I have experienced both of these problems. Both of these problems are the fault of Kogan mobile. However finding a resolution for both of these problems has been incredibly difficult.

They do not offer direct customer support. Their customer support system is design so that customer get lost in FAQs or get left on hold for more than an hour WITHOUT REACHING A RESOLUTION.

DO NOT USE KOGAN MOBILE. THEY ARE THE WORST MOBILE PROVIDER. YOU WILL EXPERIENCE UNNECESSARY PROBLEMS AND STRUGGLE TO REACH A RESOLUTION BECAUSE OF THEIR TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi, We do have plenty of troubleshooting resources available on our website to resolve common issues, but of course you're always welcome to get in touch with us directly. You can contact Kogan... read more »

Burnie, Tasmania

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Great service and generous data size

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Purchased a pre-paid plan for $4.90 as a new customer and you get a lot for that. They offer unlimited text and calls plus 23GB data which is amazing. Only draw back is that you'll have to pay $49 ish after the first month which is a bit dear

Melbourne

Poor Customer Service Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

Very very poor Customer Service experience trying to replace a faulty SIM

It took 3 calls and far too much time wasted on their website to resolve a problem.
1st Call: Placed on hold 5 to 10 minutes - no checking back in or indication they were coming back to me
2nd Call: I called back, this time they were breaking up so badly I couldn't hear what they were saying
3rd Call: I called back again, the person at the other end was so quiet I had to tell them to speak up. This time I was breaking up and they had to get me to read numbers and account verification information one number and character at a time.

The first person tried to bounce me to the Internet and didn't know how to process the call when I said I wanted to do this now and over the phone - surely you can appreciate how important and urgent a SIM replacement request might be to someone???

I tried using the website, logged into my account and went to Kogan Mobile Help - which took me to another page, but when I went there I wasn't logged in. So, I clicked on Login, and it took me back to my account information (account details, usage history, etc), but no Help information. When I went back to Help - I wasn't logged in, clicked Login and back to account information - and this loop continued.

I had to resort to Google searches and the only help I could find about Kogan Replacement SIM was to contact the Kogan Mobile customer care team to arrange a replacement, but with no contact information or details about how to submit that request. Seriously??? One side links on the page was "Who do I call to speak with Kogan Mobile support?", but I tried that and they just wanted to bounce me to the Internet...

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Robin, Sorry to hear you had a bit of an inconvenient experience this time - while most common issues can be resolved via the Kogan Mobile website, we do understand that some issues require dir... read more »

Australian

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 13 helpful votes
Private message

Good but spam texts are constant

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Very good service and cheap compared to other telcos.
Please stop spam coming through e.g "High Mark" then could give it 5 stars.

Exceptional Customer Service Operator

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

Had a complex issue in part due to my error, the Kogan customer service rep promptly and professionally resolved the matter for me. The service has been exceptional. Can't beat the value for money. Highly recommend Kogan Mobile and staff.

Verified Customer

Prompt and helpful customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

I ordered a 365 day SIM and a new iPhone 7 from Kogan. The SIM arrived within a few days, and the iPhone would take a bit longer as it had to come from Hong Kong. I received email updates on when it was ordered and dispatched, and then I followed the tracking online. It took about 8 days to arrive in my city and then was marked as "on for delivery" that day but it never arrived :( I contacted Kogan and they started an investigation for me immediately, I was told it can take up to 10 business days for the courier to complete the investigation. I received regular email updates from Kogan as to where the investigation was up to. After the 10 business days I was notified that the courier has advised it is lost. Kogan ordered another phone for me and gave me a $20 credit to spend in store.
Even though it is disappointing that I have to wait a bit longer for my new phone I was really impressed with the customer service provided by Kogan, they were friendly, apologetic and replied promptly every step of the way. I understand its not their fault the courier (Toll) lost the parcel, but it does happen sometimes. I received an email within 24 hours advising the phone will be leaving the warehouse in the next 3 days. Which is faster than I expected.
I have put the Kogan Sim into my old phone for now and had absolutely no issues with the voucher code or with porting my number, it was all done within the hour.
So far I am very happy with the service and product provided by Kogan.

Good Value for money, if only need data and national phone calls & text.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

The network coverage is good so far, had no issue. I travel through most of the Melbourne suburbs. The prepaid plans are comparatively cheaper. I had no issues with the customer service because in the past 1 year I had no issues. Although Kogan upgraded my initial plan data without any cost and without even I asked them.

• 1 comment

Kogan Mobile data leak

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Each and every hour that my Kogan wireless modem is on at the powerpoint, it uses over 0.6MB data, even with no users attached by ethernet or wireless. Although this is small, over a 12 month contract, 24x7, it amounts to a significant drain on my allowable download. This may be the case for all wireless modems, but I don't know. Their call centre has great difficulty in addressing this issue which is technically complex. There is no way to communicate with the Koganmobile Help system except via phone (emails having been stopped some time ago and there is no online chat). I have reverted to writing letters!
Also, the Koganmobile people who supply the SIMs don't coordinate with the Kogan.com people who sell the bundled hardware wireless modem. They point to each other as the source of the issue.
The Koganmobile call centre answers reasonably promptly but after maybe 20 calls, no one seems to have grasped the issue., My last "consultant" suggested, in effect, that I should just wear the data loss. My question is who exactly is monitoring my data traffic? To what country is the 0.6MB/hr going?
What I need is a sensible conversation with someone who understands what is going on inside my modem.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Mark, Thanks for letting us know about these issues, it is unusual for there to be data usage without any devices attached and we'd really like to investigate this for you. if you'd like to re... read more »

My Account number for my broadband modem is 502391649, SIM Phone: 0415 140 095. (This service replaces a little-used ADSL Telstra line. ) I now have a new SIM, but have "ported" the number. See... read more »

Sale, Victoria

• 6 comments
  • 1 question
  • 7 answers
  • 26 helpful votes
Private message

Can never resolve any issues. Not worth the hassle

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Might be cheap but so is there Customer Service.
I have had several issues with
Connection
Usage
Phone won't do certain Mobile Internet

Now because I don't have a Credit Card at present I cannot Recharge my phone.

I have the means to pay $36.00 for the 11gb large plan, but Kogan don't process payments from your bank Account.

I now have No phone service at all ( don't have a land line) so I'm stuffed if I need help.

It unbelievable that they cannot process payments from my bank account.

I'm on a Disability Pension so money is tight is why my credit card is no longer available.

Thanks Kogan for your Pathetic customer service and ridiculously Stupid not been able to recharge my phone unless I have a Credit Card.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi John, Thanks for your feedback, we are always looking to improve our service and we're happy to pass your concerns about your payment method along to the relevant department. We'll certainly l... read more »

Even the Cheap Stuff is Good!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

SIM purchased - 12 months pre-paid

- Some of my thoughts below

- Cheap yes, good coverage 4g (vodafone) for metro, cannot comment on rural - refer to their coverage map before buying. Have had the sim now over a month.

- Good download speeds - can stream/youtube - no issues

- Porting - straight forward however, ensure you have ALL your details ready before you complete the online process eg ID on hand, old plan details - Enter in correct details and DO NOT CANCEL you existing phone plan - kogan will do this for you. If you cancel your old plan or enter in mismatched with information - this will cause all types of problems/delays. Personally this process took me around 8 hours, though it was part completed within 3 hours, my old number had not been allocated to the kogan sim which caused and SOS to appear on the phone. Called up and it was resolved within a 5 hours (on a Saturday). Note - would recommend using old current sim and wait till that loses service and pop in the Kogan as this is the sign that porting has completed. (if you do not have 2 phones available)

- Customer service: service line opened Mon-Sat accommodating hours (after business hours available), they also have a "call back service" if it is too busy and provide an estimated call back time. I tested this, i called up on Saturday morning and was told i will receive call back within 23 minutes. I opted for the service and also called on another line to test to see who'd they answer first. They answered my opted wait line at 18 mins which is positive while the other phone was still ringing. Their customer service is standard trouble shoot style. They quote the problem/s to be fixed within 24 hours which is too long. Personally, my only issue was my half porting which was fixed within 5 hours.

Overall - A Positive experience - (I was skeptical in the beginning however, all is good). From reading other reviews the majority of issues were from the user not porting correctly i.e. supplying mismatched information or canceling old plan before porting. Just read the porting instructions online carefully and it should be smooth sailing.

Hope this helps :)

Private message

You only get what you pay for

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

Cheap plans but terrible sim service. Took a week to transfer to Kogan due to incompetent staff. Sim works intermittently, not reliable. Don’t bother moving to Kogan better paying a bit extra for a better service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Carol, It's unusual to hear that your SIM is working intermittently, they should certainly be reliable and work the same as any other SIM card from another provider. It's possible that your SI... read more »

Sydney

Private message

Customer servie is so terrible!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Customer servie is so terrible!!! It is waste time and monery. You many need call them everyday for trouble shooting !!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Tengtao, Sorry that you've had a disappointing experience with our customer service team - most common issues are solved very promptly over the phone or via email. If you're continuing to have... read more »

Trap when recharging a 365 plan that loses you money

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

I have had the lowest featured 365 day prepaid plan with Kogan for the last 11 months. When I bought the plan I didn't activate the sim for another month so I could run down my existing Telstra plan. Yesterday I received an email suggesting that I recharge. This is about a month early of my real expiry date. I recharged without trouble but noticed on the receipt that I had lost my months credit. I called support and was told that recharges start immediately and I had lost my credit and that they cannot extend the plan by the lost month. So it would be wise for anyone to not recharge until the day that the existing plan expires or you will miss out too. To be fair they offered a 14 day extension but I still feel cheated since I lost 29 days.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Bobdring,
Sorry to hear about the confusion regarding this recharge, though it's good to hear the team were able to assist you with this.
Please let us know if there are any ongoing concerns and we'll be more than happy to help.

1 of 41 pages