melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

Have had no service on phone for over a week ring daily told network problem we will call back, never had a call back and i ring again , same respone daily . frustrated

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Good service and quick respose

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

My second year on Kogan 365days with 2GB data plan. So far very reliable with the voice call and text(sms) service.Not much use with data though.
A bit hesitate at first to pay for a whole year plan upfront , but compare with most carrier on the market Kogan is one of the best. No problem in activation ( immediately works) and service , just hope everything go smooth this year.Good work Kogan, wish you keep this standard.

Brisbane

Great.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Honestly the best value for money pre-paid phone plan around. I've used my phone all over the east coast of Australia and never had problems. Coverage is on the lower side but if you anywhere near a town it's great. My friends and siblings are on the same plan and we love it. Recommended.

Five Dock

Do Not Join This Company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

One word: horrible. I bought a sim card and a recharge online. Tried to activate it and rejected my card, tried and tried and it didn't work. So i rang them and they assured me it would work within 24 hours.... I waited and still didn't work. I rang again and they told me it had to be my card that had issues and to ring the bank? The bank told me the card was fine. This company is a scam. The reason is cheap is because its too good to be true. Do not buy.

Brisbane Qld

Data usage overcharged

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

I have renewed my kogan mobile 365 plan two weeks ago. I went with the 2 GB data plan as I am usually on wifi at home and work, so this is plenty of data for me. Last Thursday I got a message that I have used 50% of my data. Fair enough maybe I used it more than usual. Saturday morning I got another that I am up to 85%, so I turned off mobile data. 40 minutes layer another message stating that 100% of my data is gone. I contacted customer service who said they checked my usage and it's accurate. Still not understanding it, I logged into my usage history, that shows of me using 410 Mb data at 7am on Saturday, than another 410 Mb 4 minutes later. I am wondering what kind of service uses half a giga of data in 4 minutes, because it's usually enough for weeks for me. Very unfair and not much to do. I can either buy more data or wait 10 days until the cycle starts again. Would not recommend

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi RNBne, thanks for your feedback and we do apologise for this experience.

We'd like to have a look over your data usage history again and have this investigated. If you could please reply to our private message we'll have our team give you a call.

Wollongong

Private message

Non responsive customer service and unsatisfactory help line...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

I received purchased my sim and 365 day plan almost a month ago now, can not activate my sim because I haven't received my voucher code... I spoke with customer service who told me to use the online enquiry form... I did that and did not receive a response for over 8 days... called the help line only to be told again I need to lodge an online enquiry ... so I did again and I'm still waiting ... grrr now I'm here, I've paid $152 for a sim card I cannot activate and have received zero help from kogan.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Saron, sorry to hear about the issues with your sim activation. We've received the account details provided in your private message and a member of our team will be in touch shortly to have this resolved.

Sydney

Verified Customer

No coverage, no call forwarding when out of reach!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

I was coming from Lebara as Kogan has a 'Better' plan - this is the biggest mistake I ever made on mobile plans. Let along the terrible coverage with Kogan, it dose not even allow me to forward calls to my desk phone when there is no coverage. Kogan asks me for at least extra $15 a month to have turn this function on?

BTW, Lebara offers this for free! Plus unlimited international call for popular countries.

Just paid for a 365 days plan - I thought they are the same as both use Vodafone network. I know now Kogan is as least times more expensive if you just want the very basic service. No value for money, can't wait to switch back!!!

Be careful.

Adelaide

24 hours from demanding a refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

Made the mistake of transferring from a reliable service with Boost to Kogan's 365 day prepaid service. One of two numbers took multiple days to port over whereas the first number took just one hour. Delays all caused within Kogan as Boost confirmed they had released the number much earlier. Off the bat one iPhone unable to access visual voicemail even though the other iPhone with Kogan has this service available. Dialled the 1217 number and it told me the service was active....but it wasn't. The "investigation" for this problem is now into it's 5th day unresolved. Yesterday the same number lost the ability to receive text messages so all it can now do is make and receive calls. Not what I signed up for. Swapped to a new Sim yesterday in the hope this would reset everything. Not fixed. Kogan techs have now raised yet another "investigation". Techs told me it was all good their end and must be my phone settings. Funny, swapped Sim cards to my other iPhone and suddenly the problem went to the new phone (even though that phone works fine with the other Kogan Sim). Kogan staff simply don't seem to have the skills / resources to fix fundamental issues nor can they do this within reasonable timeframes. Wait times when I need to call them range from 30-45 minutes each time which is ridiculous. Have lost a good 7-10 hours of my life on issues with Kogan so far. Worst phone experience I have ever had in my life. Have given the techs 8 hours to resolve or I will be porting out and demanding a full refund.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Pete, we're very sorry to hear about the issues with your port. We have passed on the account details provided in your private message and our team will be giving you a call shortly to have this resolved.

Very poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2018

I had big problems activating my Kogan sim. I waited over an hour on the phone but was not answered. Trying to email them is very difficult. It took nearly two weeks to activate my Sim. Once activated, I noticed that the internet connection is very slow and frustrating. Yes, its cheap but not worth the hassle.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Dan, apologies for the delay in activating your sim. If you're still experiencing any issues with a slow data connection, please send us a reply to our private message and we will arrange for our team to get in touch.

Adelaide

• 5 helpful votes

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

So far the Kogan service has been awful
On Jan 8 I purchased a SIM card on line 6-7 days later I received it
When activating the sim I ran into an issue and sent an email whereby I received an automated message saying they had received my request and that if I responded it would effect my place on the line
It is now four days later not a message
I then rang the number for assistance on my partners phone and they said they would come back within 18 mins
We got a call back that said nothing more than try again later
This is abysmal
I have really wanted to support Kogan having bought a tv and other items already
Regards Steve

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Steve, sorry to hear about the issues processing your sim activation, as it certainly sounds like this could have been sorted sooner. If you could please reply to our private message, we will ar... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Great plans! BUT Worst network coverage EVER!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

The network coverage is absolutely terrible!!
Service cuts in and out. Can not receive calls/ call anyone from this service.
Have contacted customer service numerous times and have not had any assistance.
Definitely would not recommend.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Hollyanne, sorry to hear about the network issues. We'd like to get in touch with you directly to have this resolved. If you could please reply to our private message we'll arrange for our team to give you a call.

Birkdale

Very cheap mobile plans

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

I am using kogan for my 2 sons' mobile plans. I bought them a 365 day plan which is only about $9 per month for unlimited text and calls plus 2 gb data which is enough for them. The only issue we have is it doesn't have a good signal inside our house.We have to go out the door to send messages or call somebody.

Melbourne, VIC

Best service I see.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I have originally purchased a 23GB Extra Large Plan as a starter pack for just $4.50 and they have delivered x2 SIMs without any charge. I pleasantly using it & I am going to continue this plan as long as I like.
Their 4G speed is nice and cool.
Cheap and best I can say!

melbourne

• 10 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 26 helpful votes

No Service. No Service. No Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Paid for sim card and since i already have a sim, I'm just awaiting the voucher code, and it has not arrived.
Called 1300 056 426, the kogan mobile number, to be told that is not their issue and i have to contact kogan.com directly.

I am experiencing nothing but a complete brick wall and merry go round by kogan, which is very clearly deliberate as they do not want to field enquiries by phone

Its one click after another after another after another which is an endless loop, all originating from clicking on Kogan help centre then to Kogan mobile enquiries at https://help.koganmobile.com.au/hc/en-au, an awful basic html page

Finally wind up at https://help.koganmobile.com.au/hc/en-au/requests where you submit and enquiry on another horribly designed html page, and receive no confirmation that your enquiry has been sent, either on the page itself or by email or by sms...or any way whatsoever

So kogan mobile, how do you enquire about a voucher that you have not received after paying for it on your website ?

Alarm bells.
Not good enough.
Red card.
Never again.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Ben, sorry to hear about this experience. If you'd like to reply to our private message with your detains, we'll ensure the correct team gets in touch with you to have this resolved.

Amazing value

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Kogan run on the Vodafone network and we do not have any concerns with this network as long as you stay in the Melbourne Metro area, anywhere outside and please don't expect it to work very well. In regards to there service Kogan bend over backwards supporting there customers, they are the only telco I have ever come across who are willing to increase capacity on mobile internet data allowances yet not increase their price. Simply amazing :)

salamander bay

• 4 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

terrible customer service pathetic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

have two yearly mobile services trying to bail early on one but unable to get in touch to transfer to telstra only have recorded messages on how good they are

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Greeny, sorry for any issues getting through to the call centre. If you'd like to reply to our private message we can arrange for our team to give you a call back.

Hi am still having our mobile number transferred to Telstra We bought a new agora 6 phone but was unable to buy a protective case for it and ended up with a broken screen we got a new iPhone and tr... read more »

Kogan Official

Hi, sorry to hear about this. We've passed your details onto our team who will be giving you a call to get this resolved.

Gold Coast

Private message

Great Value and continued upgrades for existing customers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

I originally purchased a 10gb Large Plan for a year (with 40% coupon), it's now 16gb per month with me not paying anymore.
The year plan works out to just less than $22 per month. Great deal!

Comments
Kogan Official

We appreciate your review Josh. Thanks for choosing Kogan Mobile!

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Tried for weeks to get assistance

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

Have been trying to weeks to get assistance...on hold for 45 mins each time and lines cut off, emailed with no reply, sent message through facebook and told to ring the number....terrible service at the moment. I want someone to contact me immediately and re credit my account as I have been unable to use my sim card.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Donna, apologies for the wait in having your enquiry resolved. If you could please reply to our private message, we'll have a member of our team give you a call back.

• 1 comment
  • 7 answers

Kogan the best yet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

So love being on Kogan Mobile, best Rates and service through Vodaphone.
Customer service is great and they have special deals every month. No lock in contracts.
I find them the best to date.

Comments
Kogan Official

Thanks for your review Jill!

It should be automatically passed onto your mobile...

Fairfield west

Private message

This network so slow and dropped so much. I will never sign up again.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Unfortunately I had buy 1 year prepaid . It is so bad. I want a refund or partial refund . How do I get that.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Trung, thanks for your review and apologies for any network issues you've experienced. Kogan Mobile runs on the Vodafone network. You can check our coverage map here: https://www.koganmobile.c... read more »

1 of 34 pages