The Kogan Robot Cleaner has been replaced by the newer Kogan Ultimate KAULTROBVCA model.

Models:

Brisbane

• 33 helpful votes

Model: KAVACXXROBA Date Purchased: Aug 2016

is this a robot or another child!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

ok, so i have the same problem as most other people who i know that have used this ... product thing. It only goes on for 20 minutes (true). by xmas this product would've finally cleaned my house! (true)
"it is guaranteed to keep yup carpets spotless!" (false). please don't buy this product, you are better off performing an exorcism on this!!!!!

Purchased at: Harvey Norman Photo Centre

Model: KAROBOTVACCA Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Good Investment, but could be improved

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2018

The vacuum was a great product. It was great value for the quality that you get and definitely got the job one somewhat done at the end of the day. The only problem I had was that sometimes it would just pass over an area of dirt and not suck up everything, it was sort of selective about the way it caught dirt. As well as this, it would vacuum everywhere but the particular area of dirt I would want it to vacuum. To improve, perhaps Kogan could have a feauture where the robot would sense the dirt before picking it up, so it would only go to areas where there was dirt sensed. Otherwise, pretty good buy.

Melbourne

Awesome Item

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

Robot Vac - have had others - nothing compares to this, so well priced - didn't even realise it also washes the floor - absolutely brilliant

Model: KAVACXXROBB Date Purchased: Jun 2014

pile of crap!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2016

From day one it was ok but would only run for about 20mins and turn it self off. As we had a big 6 by 3 house we just stored it till we moved to a smaller house only for it to be fully charged and not run at all lights would flash and it would beep and that's it. contact Kogan only to string us along with emails, in the end product warranty had run out!
This is another reason why we no longer use KOGAN there just crap!

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Paul, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry to see that you experienced issues with your vacuum and were not able to organise a resolution with our Help Desk. Please ... read more »

• 7 comments
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Model: KAVACXXROBB

When it goes it's ok.... Just

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2015

Didn't expect too much but expected better. Firstly it will never find its base. That's just garbage. But taking it back to charge wasn't the biggest deal. So now no matter how long you charge it it works for less than a minute then shuts down. I'm not sure of robot vacs are good at all but this one doesn't cut it.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi JakeyB, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We have a troubleshooting guide for the Robot Vacuum here: https://www.kogan.com/media/files/usermanuals/KAVACXXROBB_Troubleshooting_G... read more »

Vacuum returned for refund

• 7 helpful votes

Model: KAVACROBVWA

Present for a mother in law you hate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2015

This is the second time I have had this machine, the first was terrible and second is the same. A gift for the dreaded mother in law. She will turn it on, it will work wonders in the first run and she will have dreams of free time, sunshine and clouds.,on the second- it will stop and she will spend an hour trying to clean it, read the flimsy sheet information and figure it out, she will try again the next day after charging it all night. It will provide 3 days of solid study in which you become an engineer and another day to head for counselling as you suffer from disappointment and you face your reality afain. All in all, an absolute piece of crap! Not even a one star rating...

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Sonya, Thanks for your review about the Robot Vacuum Cleaner and we're sorry to hear that you're not happy with it. Please contact our Support team if you require assistance with the produ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: KAVACXXROBA

Utter Garbage.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2015

The thing reverses into stuff and gets stuck. Plenty of room around it but no, it just switches itself off. Utterly pointless piece of junk. Kogan, you should be ashamed of selling this, it is not fit for purpose. I suppose I was stupid for thinking it would be able to cope with a small, 20 square metre area with a relatively small number of obstacles. I'm sure my other robot vacuum, an LG square (red) would have coped with ease, but then that does cost $800. So this thing is being returned to Kogan for a refund. Burned $30 on postage, them's the breaks.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Joe, Thanks for your review in regards to the Kogan Robot Vacuum! It sounds like there may have been some issues with the unit that you received, however, to contrast we have sold thousands of... read more »

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 20 helpful votes

Model: KAVACXXROBB

Do not buy. Item is crap! waste of money!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2015

Vacuum gets stuck within a minute.I have 2 circular areas on my floor that are extremely clean. Too bad about the rest of the floor. I have used it on manual, I have used it on auto, it gets stuck between chairs and needs rescuing. Most of the time it is confused and runs backwards.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Martin,

Please get in touch with our friendly Support team on 1300 304 292 or at the following link for assistance with your product.

Worked for 6 months then battery wouldn't hold charge

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2015

This worked really well, then I went away for a month came back and it ran for 3 minutes and stopped, replacement then 6 months later the same problem. The first was replaced under warranty but for some reason the replacement didn't have warranty. Seems the battery in this product is really bad, should come with a note of this issue.

Sydney

• 2 comments

Verified Purchase Model: KAVACROBVWA

One Week Life Span

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2015

I have had this Robot Vac for 8 days, it work well for the first 5 but become more noisy everyday to the point it is now un-usable, it sounds like the gears are slipping this is more ever-dent on carpet. it is so loud I can hear it when i'm upstair at the other end of the house it like having a tracker in the house.

based on what i have seen stay well away.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi steveb309, We're very sorry to hear that you've not been happy with your Robot Vacuum. We have a dedicated support team who would love to help you resolve the problem and we can be contact... read more »

Update, I have since had this replaced by Kogan, while it did take several emails and phone calls they eventually sent a replacement robot Vac as I made the decision to take the replacement over a... read more »

We have since thrown this out and wiped it as a waste of money!.

Private message

It was a gift, I think the giver hates me.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2015

I have 2 circular areas on my floor that are extremely clean. Too bad about the rest of the floor. I have used it on manual, I have used it on auto, it gets stuck between chairs and needs rescuing and on the one occasion it made it's way to the kitchen, it got lost coming home. The dust container isn't very big and it doesn't like my daughters long blonde hair either. However, my 3 year old nephew loves it because "it spins round and round" *insert 3 year old flapping arms here*. Now it's beeping at me. I don't know why. Maybe it just wants to irritate me further. There's no trouble shooting guide that I can find to see why it's beeping at me. I would regift it, but I don't dislike anyone that much. On the upside, it's a lovely colour and the power plug works.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Karen, Thanks for posting a review about the item you received as a gift! We're very sorry to hear that the item does not operate as you would expect it to. Have you tried contacting ou... read more »

Adelaide

• 5 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Model: KAVACXXROBA

Kogan Robot Vacuum Cleaner - Fail!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2014

I was all excited about getting this little guy to ease my household workload. Well, it hasn't quite worked out that way. Yes, it does vacuum fairly well for a machine of its price, but only on flat smooth surfaces. It struggles on even short length carpet and forget about rugs or long hair rugs altogether. Its "intelligence" is extremely limited. It seems to perform its duty using concentric circles. Problem is, it never really gets remotely into any corners because it's too busy bumping into the wall, changing course, then ending up covering the same area again! Well at least THAT spot is clean... It also suffers from a very nasty little problem: The recharging pins protrude from the front of the bumper/sensor. We have tables and chairs with metallic legs. Whenever it bumps into one of those (head on) it seems to short out these pins and resets itself, leaving it stuck right where it was, never to return to base. We've had the unit for a few months now, it hasn't had much use, but already it's squeaking as it moves. Very annoying. We got ours for $89 and as such it is not too much of a loss. It works to some degree, but a whole lot less than actually being useful. Save your money and buy one of the expensive units the likes of LG, Sony, iRoomba etc. and check out the web for reviews before making a choice.

+ Spot cleans OK

- Poor cleaning logic, resets when it bumps into metallic legs, squeaky wheels, doesn't drive well on carpet

NSW

• 5 helpful votes

Model: KAVACXXROBB

I wouldnt give it any star rating if allowed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2014

Unlike most things i've bought from kogan, - this one was terrible. Don't know if i'd trust the positive reviews below- they must have got a totally different machine to the rest of us, or they work for kogan ( the 'man up for extended warranty' comment -stinks like a hard sell campaign-to me ! ) my unit was extremely slow, only travelled in circles, got trapped in corners around items (chairs, mat edges, etc) travelled back over & over the same spot continuously & got stuck on occasion too (on cords ends, plant trays, architraves). All this in one weekend. It needs to be supervised at all time- which is not what i bought it for. The only good thing about this experience is- kogan said they will refund my money - after they get it back. Working on the return now !

+ Kogan Refund

- Doesn't work ! get trapped, stuck & slow as a wet week. Unable to clean a room in a timely fashion or unsupervised

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Parramatta

• 6 helpful votes

Model: KAVACXXROBB

Machine is not operating correctly afterone day

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2014

Took over 30 days to get delivery of the Root cleaners.Some of that time being over XMAS period ,so half of that would have been acceptable. Now after the first day of use the it appears to be stuck in a reverse mode ,like the sensor is telling the robot to move away .But it is no where near a wall and when it gets to one ,due to the fact is in reverse will not try remove away from the wall as it is not hitting the front bumper senses. I did download the product support manual,which has no trouble shooting details.The booklet sent with the robot said to check and clear sensor and make sure front bumpers are springing back.So far not impressed with either the delivery or now the actual item.

+ That it advertised as a simple robost machine at a fair price,which I agree it appeared to be,but now??

- wont get out of reverse mode ,so now does not clean at all

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Mark. Your robot vacuum is fully covered by Kogan warranty. Please contact our support team at http://www.kogan.com/au/help/ and they will be able to assist you.

Yes I understand that thanks. Spoke with your support Questioned asked on the call. Was the down load trouble shooter guide different from the one that comes in the Box. Operator answer “YES”. Act... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Don't waste your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2014

I purchased this product in August 2013. It has never cleaned tiled floors well and does not cope with rugs at all. Despite cleaning the vaccuum with every use it still does not work properly. All it really does is move dust and dirt around the floor. It seems to get lost even in small rooms and doesn't have any identifiable pattern to it's movements.
The only positive I can write is that my children enjoy our "where's the vaccuum hiding" game, we never know which room it will be stuck in when we arrive home each day. It rarely finds the dock and is usually stuck between the dining table chairs, on the edge of a rug, or power cord.
I now own an irobot Roomba which is amazing!!!

+ Nothing

- Everything

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

Poor quality, poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2013

Purchase process was fine. Product seemed easy to use as there was little instructions. Just charge it up, turn it on and press the mode button. Used it twice and stopped working . Remote never worked either. I knew the vacuum wouldn't clean as well as others but it doesn't even run. Downloaded manual from website but no help. Contacted kogan on the 19th oct and no response except for the confirmation of my email. Today's the 28th.

+ Cheap

- Does not run, poor service from kogan

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Jon, please send your ticket number to supervisor@kogan.com.au and we will escalate this for you.

Thank you for your reply. Your service team got in touch with me today and I will work with them on a resolution.

Brisbane

• 4 comments
  • 20 helpful votes

Surprisingly great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2013

Hi,
My cleaner arrived last week and for the price I must admit I wasn't expecting a lot. However this cleaner is quite a little gem, as long as you don't expect a cross between R2D2 and the latest Dyson it works very well indeed. I view it more as big dust-buster than a true vacuum replacement and use it mainly around our kitchen/dinning areas. The built quality seems good and it does pickup dust quite well, it does look a bit clueless in operation but has eventually covered the whole floor area. For the price I am very happy with it.

+ Cheap and it does work quite well.

Gold Coast, Queensland

A great addition! Very impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2013

Anyone prepared to put this product down before trying it is downright ignorant! For less than half the price of most of the other entry level cleaners this little machine is amazing! I have my Dyson for 'proper' cleans, but having this little guy buzz around while I'm at work is just brilliant... Think of it like a robotic dust buster and you won't be disappointed. Just ordered another one! And PUH-LEASE.... for those worried about quality, man up and buy the extended warranty for goodness sake!

+ Great value for money

Cleans the house while you relax...

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2013

This little robot quietly whisks about the house cleaning while you get on with what you really want to do. Its very robust and can handle carpet to floor variations without any problems. Its easy to clean, quick to charge and has various settings to suit any size room. Great value for a great household addition.

+ Great time saving device

Unbelievable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2013

Purcahsed this robot vaccum cleaner for $99. I love it. I can close the door on a bedroom, and leave it to do its thing. It cleans under the bed, in places I could never reach. Simply amazing. I dust one room, while he is vacumming another. We the swap. Its like having an extra set of cleaning hands. I am going to buy another for my houseboat.

+ Absolutely everything

- Nothing

Im wondering why my Kogan robot vacuum keeps just turning off and stopping, then we've got to press Auto again for it to continue? Anyone got an idea? Thanks

Lauren T asked on Jul 14, 2018

Answer this

same this happening with ours, worked perfectly since we got in june. cleaner accordingly and now im emailing Kogan for help after trying everything in troubleshooting manual. it will power when u press auto or spot and run for 8second then power down..... I have no idea. its been wonderful though but all of a sudden this :( and we haven't even used for steam mopping vacuum only. Hope you get some answers il update you if I do. luckily I got min on sale and paid 3yr warranty.

KAROBOTVACCA

Hi, my KAROBOTVACCA has charged over night, then when there is no power to the vac itself it wont turn on, at all. is there something im not doing i just dont get it. Please HELP me someone???

Elle asked on Dec 10, 2017

Answer this

Hi Elle, probably a silly question but is the "on/off" button on the side of the actual vac switched to on? If so I'm afraid I've got no real answers for you...I haven't had this problem occur. Hope it gets going - they are truly a brilliant lil vac.

Hi Elle, sorry to hear about this.

If the unit is not turning on, please get in touch with us and we can assist under warranty. You can also get in touch with us on 1300 304 292 8am to 8pm on weekdays, and 10am to 6pm on weekends (AEDT). Otherwise you can also submit an enquiry any time on our help centre here: https://www.kogan.com/au/contact-us/

KAROBOTVACCA

I am researching Robot Vacuum but there appear to have been 3 models discontinued and most of the reviews refer to those models. What is the latest version and how long has it been since it was introduced, and are there any reviews? Is it Kogan's made model?

Rod D asked on Jun 23, 2017

Answer this

Hi Rob, I recommend you to buy the mi robot vacuum generation 2.

It will cost more for a proper robot like this, but it will give you less trouble and a clean house.

Review is here:

Cost is between $513 and $570, just pay attention to the specials.

Good luck.

See all 8 questions about Kogan Robot Cleaner

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details