Best All Rounder!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I've been babywearing for just over 3 years when my first child was born, expecting second bub and will be wearing this child aswell. I have easily tried over 100 different types of stretchies, wovens, ring slings and soft structured carriers. I also started a babywearing group shortly after my child was born and over the years have established a carrier library to help others enter the world of keeping baby close. I have my own manduca ssc and we have one in our lending library. I often recommend the manduca for the following reasons,
- comfortable
- it's made from soft organic breathable cotton
- the built in insert is easy to use
- insert is thin therefore doesn't get hot like other padded inserts
- great all year round
- zip that allows you to shorten/lenghten the height
- suits all sizes (ive personally helped, petite, plus size, tall, men and women and they have all enjoyed it)
- lasts til toddler (i used til about 2.5)
- excellent for back carries
- waist band sits comfortably
- easy to adjust
- easy to care for
- value for money
I could go on.
I wish everyone had the opportunity to try it.
In my opinion it is the BEST soft structured carrier in its class.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!

Wish id bought earlier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

My cheap carrier used to hurt my back but this one is ridiculously comfy and makes carrying a baby for longer periods easy as. Perfect for babies who are unsettled or dont like to be in the pram, baby is comfy and can still kick and move arms. Unlimited hands free kisses

Range: Classic

Most valuable baby item!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Purchased manduca carrier when my now 5yo was 4 days old, and used it every single day until he was just over 2 years old. Both my husband (6'2") and I (5'6) used it interchangeably, first on the front then on the back when bub got older.
With baby no2, it was invaluable from the get go, I had a c-section but still was wearing baby from around 10days old. again have used almost every day, multiple times a day, school drop offs, grocery shopping, cooking dinner..absolutely our best baby buy, and when you actually calculate the cost per wear, it's miniscule!!

Now pregnant with baby no3 and think I'll treat myself to a brand new manduca in a different colour!!
Thanks Manduca for making such a good quality product.

Purchased at: Mothers Direct

Best carrier ever!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

I love my manduca as my lil princess is very cuddley when it comes to nap times, so wearing my manduca means i can exercise and cuddle her while she naps. The manduca material is so soft and comfy to wear, it doesnt feel like your wearing it :) love it for kangatraining and walking :) . Very easy to use and transport :) .

Range: Classic

Still using mine after four years!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

I bought the Manduca Classic Carrier four years ago to make baby carrying and walking our dog more enjoyable. After two bebes (one is now four and the other is two) and our third on the way, the Manduca carrier is still going strong. I'm still using it to carry both my children on my back, when needed. My only issue is baby can't face forwards when wearing the carrier on the front but being able to carry an 18kg child on my back far outweighs not having the forward facing option for a few months (I ended up transitioning to back carrying when the children were big enough).

Range: Limited Edition

Best purchase

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

This has been the best purchase, from newborn (thanks to the incorporated insert) to toddlerhood! Loved carrying my children in my manduca and hubby even gave it the seal of approval! Thanks Manduca! We don’t just have one we have 2, always kept in the car and easy to use. Love it!

Toowoomba

Range: Classic

Used every day and still in great nick!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

My carrier has been used almost every day to carry my baby who opposes alone time and is still in great condition. Baby's slept in it, nursed in it, traversed mountains in it. Its light and as comfy as carrying a wriggling baby can get.
If you have a little one who just wants to be with you, a carrier is an invaluable investment and the Manduca is a fantastic option.

Love love love

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

I love this carrier, i love the hands free ability to still be able to interact with my 2 year old while have cuddles and knowing my baby is safe and comfortable. Its so very easy to use.

I have problems with my neck and shoulders, but using this carrier it hasnt irritated it and doeznt affect this problem if anything it really supports the shoulders and back when using this amazing carrier.

Nothing compares

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

Tried and purchased other carriers. Best way to describe difference is others felt like carrying a carrier this feels like carrying a baby! Snug, supportive and loved by Bub and parents!!! Highly recommend. Good for warmer weather too. Love the hood also! Nice and comfortable to wear. Won't regret choosing this one!

Comments
Manduca Official

Thank you so much for the lovely way you worded your review. It's very satisfying to read and we have passed it on to our supplier in Germany!

Range: Classic

Love, love, love - highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

This baby carrier is fantastic! Great for supporting a baby’s developing hips and ergonomically ideal for Mum’s back. Being a Physiotherapist, I recommend this baby carrier to all my clients and having personally used this carrier for 1 year with my baby, I cannot fault it!

I have used it around the house (makes clothes hanging a lot easier!), whilst shopping, doing Kangatraining, exercising and walking.

Hubby loves to use it out shopping too!

Supports baby’s neck, hips and body and supports Mum’s back too!
10/10!

Comments
Manduca Official

Thank you for your lovely review and professional opinion as a physiotherapist Alycia!
We are delighted that Manduca is endorsed by the Australian Physiotheraapist's Association.

Range: Classic

Absolutely swooning over this carrier!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

I had used a few carriers in the past and found that once my son hit the 7kg mark, everytime I used these carriers my back at the end of the day would just be in so much pain.
My son loved being carried and I really thought that my baby wearing days were over.
Unfortunately my son got really unwell at the 15 month mark (10.5kg) and I was desperate to find something that would be able to carry him close so that I could still go about my business around the house. I bought a Manduca thinking that it wasnt going to do the job but was willing to give it a go and boy did it surprise me!
Not only do I not have ANY back issues carrying my 15 month son around, he absolutely loves it! I can't recommend this enough.

• 1 review

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

I love my Manduca. I've had it through three children (each from birth) and it's still going strong. Have used both front and back carry mode, including back carrying my 2 year old while 9 months pregnant. STILL comfortable, even then. When I broke my clip (closed it in a door) manduca replaced straight away for me. Love that it's got a newborn insert built in. I recommend manducas to all my friends.

PENSHURST

• 4 answers

Range: Blackline

Best Carrier in the market!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2017

I bought Manduca back 6 months ago and very glad with it since then!!!
Every time I put my Bub in the carrier she always sleeping for long period not just that...when she is teething and lil bit off...I always put her in the carrier and without taking so long she always settled and sleeping!!!

My baby is really happy to carried in front position facing inward also back carry...
Manduca maybe is not the prettiest look carrier in the market but it's really comfort and strong build...very happy mummy here!!!!

SYDNEY

Best Carrier I Tried

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

Of all the carriers I tried, and I tried three other well-known brands, the Manduca won hands down. It's made of natural fibres, easy to put on and adjust, has an integrated newborn insert and has the option of unzipping at the front to allow for baby's growth. Best ever.

Melbourne

Best carrier around

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Love our Manduca: it's easy to put on, carries securely, great for the wearer's back and the child's hips. Used ours for both kids. It's also easy to clean. I know that it puts people off that the child always faces inwards but it hasn't affected our children liking it. As soon as they're in, they tend to fall asleep anyway. Highly recommend it.

• 3 comments

From newborn to toddler

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

This was my entry carrier to babywearing. I first used it when my son was about 2 months old on a day out using train and ferry. It made it easier to get around as he was kept close and I didn't have to navigate a pram through the crowds.

He is now three and gets tired legs. I can still pull out the Manduca and carry him.

I like the Manduca because of the built in insert, crossable straps, dual strap adjustability, zipper in panel to lengthen or shorten. I don't like how it has faded.

I always recommend this carrier for people wanting a buckle carrier.

Epping

• 9 answers

Fantastic buy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

I bought this carrier when my baby was 3 months old because it was annoying carrying her whilst food shopping.
The first few times it was tricky to get everything in the right place and get the buckles done up but after a bit of practice it was easy to get bub in and strapped securely.
The one I have has an extra newborn slip to ensure baby is secure and puts baby's hips in the M position which is said to be the best for newborns.
Lots of different ways to strap bub in so baby can sleep on your chest, you can breastfeed bub, and turn baby around when head control is established.

Purchased at: eBay

Range: Limited Edition

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

I have tried many Soft Structured Carriers over the last 8 years with my 3 kids & Manduca has by far been the most supportive & adjustable & least bulky that I have found, just wish I discovered it earlier.
I currently use it quite comfortably with my tall nearly 3 year old at least once a week while using the ExTend accessory & out of all my carriers it's the one she gravitates to when I ask which one we'll use today.
I have also worn younger nieces & nephews in it & love the fact that the straps can be crossed as I find that more supportive on my back after a back injury when I was younger, I also like that you don't need a bulky newborn insert as it has the in-built one or you can use the size-it accessory to cinch the base in (which I prefer).
Would definitely recommend.

Purchased at: Fertile Mind

Melbourne

• 1 answer

Great product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2017

My new born feels comfortable when using this & easy to use. Feels safe when baby inside & not uncomfortable for mu back. Not bulky. Easy to clean & carry. This can be expensive for buy second hand it's good quality product for longer use. Highly recommended!!! Can use for front & rear. Becareful when buying as there are many fakes out there in online market.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Manduca Official

Thanks for the great review Latte, and for pointing out the dangers of fake manducas. Other customers - these are particularly an issue on eBay. Please check the stockist you buy from is authorised... read more »

Range: Classic

Couldn't live without my beloved Manduca

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I've had my Manduca since my first son was born and couldn't have done babies without it! I chose it over other carriers because my son was premature and quite small and it didn't require any extra newborn inserts. It was also endorsed by the Australian Breastfeeding Association, who I trust. It is also very reasonably priced considering its the best carrier around. Both my sons would always fall asleep in it and I found it super comfortable to use because of the extra adjustable straps that other carriers don't have. It was a lifesaver when travelling to the UK and then as he got bigger we used it on hikes, where I did the back carry. When my second son came along, he would not sleep in the cot at all, so he spent most of his days in the Manduca, sleeping close to me, I'm not sure how I would have coped without being able to run after my toddler with my youngest in the Manduca. He's nearly one now and loves being carried around on my back in it. It's the baby carrier I tell all my friends to buy.

1 of 4 pages

Classic

How is the Manduca in Australia's 30-40 degree Summer?

Rebecca D asked on Aug 27, 2017

Answer this

Sorry we took so long to answer your question Rebecca. The feedback we get indicates that Manduca works well in warm climates - obviously wearing any baby carrier will be a little warmer than normal, but Manduca is made from natural fibres (organic cotton and hemp) that are breathable and naturally promote moisture wicking. It has a hood/sunshade that will help shade your baby too - and a large hat for you also helps.
Some other commonsense ideas are to dress lightly, keep baby and yourself well hydrated and to consider cooling pads that are available for babywearing from a number of sources.

Classic

Can this be used for child facing outwards of the body?

Ksugarpie asked on Jul 24, 2017

Answer this

Thank you for the question. Manduca isn't designed to be able to face children forward. We believe that a baby learns most from watching their parent at very close range, and this improves their ability to read and sense emotions, and helps develop language skills. If you're interested in these thoughts, you could read our blog article here: http://www.manduca.com.au/#/babys-bq/4590158633

As Manduca official already answered...it's can't be used for facing forward baby.
If you are in Sydney...and you have Facebook account...feel free to join baby wearing group....we all talking about baby wearing alot...I guarantee that most mummies and daddies not recommended about facing forward baby.
These some reasons :
1. It's over stimulating for baby
2. We can't face the baby so we don't know what's going on to the baby
3. The more heavy the baby the more baby put pressure when you carry facing forward...it's not good for your back also for the baby

It's save facing forward it's just not recommended but Manduca definitely can't facing forward.
As I said manduca maybe not the prettiest baby carrier on the market but definitely the safest!!

Hi. My daughter has downsyndrom and her joint is hyper mobile. Do you still recommend this carrier for my daughter?

jane asked on Jul 20, 2016

Answer this

I would check with a physiotherapist.

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Classic Pure Cotton Blackline Sling Wrap Limited Edition *
Price (RRP) $189.95 $219.95 $219.95 $109.95 $229.95

* Discontinued

The main difference between these ranges is design and materials