This carrier is exceptional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

Manduca ticked all the right boxes for me when I was researching carriers. We purchased it before our son arrived because we wanted to be prepared which in hindsight was a risk for various reasons. However bothbaby and I could not be happier with our purchase. It's certified organic so you know there's no nasties for baby, or if you like me suffer from uber sensitive skin, and it's extremely comfortable for both parties as well as supportive. The other thing that I wanted in a carrier was to be able to use from birth without an extra add on because really setting up for a baby is hard and expensive enough without "extras" that your ultimately only going to use for a few months. Another added bonus is the extension zip at the front which grows with baby.

Just love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

We tried on all the other carriers. I mean, all of them. We spent nearly 2 hours at the shop trying different carriers and ended up with this one. Most carriers have basically the same features, but somehow this one work will for us. The first test was putting baby in them and if baby did not cried that was the start, then we narrow it down to how it felt when walking around. Then, of course how easy it was to put on. We love it, but I can see that the other carrier works better for other people. I suggest try it out and see how you go.

Purchased at: Banana Baby

Perth, Western Australia

• 1 helpful vote

Range: Blackline

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

I really wanted to love this carrier. We bought it after reading all the amazing reviews and now I’m really disappointed. My first son hated being in it but we just thought it was his temperament and he didn’t like being carried. With my second born, it was ok when he was in a cradle position in with his feet tucked in. But now that he is 4 months he just screams after being in it for 10 minutes. Very time I take him out his legs and neck have these horrible red rubbing spots. But the most concerning is that his legs are way too far spread in it and I suspect his heaps get sore. I can just see how his legs take a while to readjust when i lay him down from being in the carrier. Maybe when he is older it will fit better but at this stage I am worried his heaps might get dislocated if I keep using it. Again I watched all their videos on how to use it and tried many times but I get the same results. I can also see that some other mums here have had the same experience with the legs being too far spread.

Comments
Manduca Official

Oh Dana, I'm so terribly sorry that you are struggling right now. It must be very concerning for you. You are right to question your experience, as manduca should always be very comfortable for you... read more »

Mascot

• 1 answer

My most used baby items

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

Has been using it for 19 months, since my baby was born till now. I like that i do not need to buy any additional insert for newborn. Because there is an extra piece of cloth that you just need to button it to elevate your baby. And as my baby grows, he is also able to put his hands above and not being restricted to just the side. Also i like it that i can continue to use it till he is now a toddler. I was wearing him everyday whenever im out and I would say that this gives a very good support. I have only been wearing him on the front from birth till now.

Purchased at: Baby Kingdom

Range: Classic

One of our best baby buys!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

We bought our Manduca for our first born and haven't looked back since. The carrier is so simple to use (even Dad can put it on by himself!) and adjusting the sizes between 2 different people is quick and easy.

We can put our little one in comfortably and carry her for fairly long periods without too much effort or strain on our part and knowing that her hips and back are well supported and resting in a natural position. It is the perfect carrier to wear for light exercise such as our weekly Kangatraining class.

We rarely leave the house without our Manduca carrier and couldn't recommend it more highly!

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Perfect fanily carrier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

This carrier has been amazing for our family. We were given it as a gift for our first baby 3 years ago and is just so easy to use. We are now using it with our second child which it is a shopping life saver. Best baby shower present to recieve.

Essential baby item

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

Love this product so much,. With a large, heavy baby, i wore him everywhere. He hated lying in trolleys so wearing him was the only and best way to get it done.
Quick, easy and comfortable to wear without getting a sore back. Best money I ever spent and can't wait to use with second bub

Range: Classic

Super comfy carrier you can rely on!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

I used to use Ergo 360 but after getting Manduca my Ergo went aside. I find Manduca super comfortable, my bub is nicely snuggled in and super happy. Love the safety features this carrier has ! If you can't decide which carrier is the right one, go for Manduca! :)

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

I purchased my carrier for Kanga Training and didn't know much about carriers initially. I'm so glad I was recommended the Manduca for my daughter. She sleeps well in it during classes and it is very comfortable to wear. I would recommend Manduca carriers for Kanga Training and everyday wear.

Range: Classic

My biggest parenting tool yet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

I wouldn’t have got through the first year without this carrier. It has made life 100 times easier from my first to now my second baby. It’s such an easy carrier to put on and take off and isn’t a problem for my husband to master either!! I have now had my manduca for 2.5 years and it has seen both my toddler and 7 month old through some of the more challenging parts of parenthood.

Sunshine Coast Queensland

Range: Pure Cotton

Amazing support and so easy to use. Can’t fault it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

I had my sister’s old one from when my baby was a newborn and then treated myself to my own new one at 5 months. I was drawn to the Manduca because of its proper positioning of baby’s hips and the support right to the legs. The endorsements of Australian Physiotherapists, Hip Dysplasia Australia and the Australian Breastfeeding Association gave me extra confidence too. The carrier fits both me and my tall husband perfectly and we can even both use it in the crossed position which we find even more secure and comfy. My baby was super snuggly and slept a lot in my Manduca and I never ever worried about her health or safety in it. I also never got any pain wearing her.

Hands down best carrier ever and I recommend it to friends all the time.

Range: Pure Cotton

The true newborn essential!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

Our Manduca has been with us since my now 2 year old was a little Bubba. It's the only baby carrier I've found that doesn't hurt my shoulders and hips (even carryingg a 13kg toddler!). It's the #1 thing I recommend to all new Mums and is the only investment you can guarantee will get lots of use. Love love love. ❤️❤️

Range: Classic

I can be super mum with my Manduca.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

Our manduca carrier is easy to use, comfortable to wear for me and bub, not too hot as we live in the tropics, and most importantly I feel baby is safe and secure. I was able to select a neutral colour so that my husband can use it too. Now we have 2 little girls under 2 years old our Manduca carrier is such a life saver. I am able to take our toddler to playgroup while carrying our 2 month old and feel confident. I can be super mum and play, carry and keep my girls safe comfortably.

Makes me feel confident

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

At the start, my baby wasn't keen on the carrier but after some adjustments and a strap to bring in the bottom area, we enjoy this time now. We do shopping into it, kanga training twice a week and other jobs. He falls to sleep in it which make me feel confident wearing him. I received this carry as a gift and am very grateful for it

Range: Blackline

favourite carrier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

The Manduca is our go-to for so many activities! From grocery shopping, school run, festivals, markets, bush walks, mum & baby exercise sessions, you name it. I love how easy it is to adjust for a perfect fit, even regularly switching between users. With the ExTend accessory, my toddler continues to be supported in the optimal knee-to-knee position. The 2-way shoulder straps mean I'm not twisting myself uncomfortably while adjusting the carrier. My toddler loves to snuggle in when sleepy, & observe & interact from the perfect height when awake. The size of the hood is a plus (we've used other brands with hoods so small they're almost useless). The carrier lives in the car & is my most-used baby-related item. If I could give more than 5 stars, I would.

Range: Classic

Great product, adjusts well to smaller sized hips and shoulders

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

I was introduced to manduca at kangatraining. My little man is so comfy in it and is really well supported, I ended up buying my own!
Also having a slender waist (especially once my hips went back to normal size) and not a broad chest/shoulder region i found the maduca actually fitted me unlike others as i could adjust it smaller compared to other carriers which in turn meant it is comfortable on my shoulders and lower back.

Verified Purchase Range: Limited Edition

Easy to use from newborn up

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

I picked up one of the cotton Manducas in the Mandala print before the birth of bub. Paired with the Size It, I used the carrier from about 6 weeks onwards.

The carrier can be used without the Size It accessory, using the built in newborn seat, but I found it easier to get bub in and out with it.

Adjustments are easy to make, and hubby and I can both use the carrier with minimal fiddling to fit our respective builds comfortably. The little built in hood is also helpful to encourage bub to nap on the go.

It’s also easy to launder. I place the whole carrier in an old pillow case to protect the clasps and put it on a gentle cycle with low spin.

Very happy with this carrier.

Range: Classic

I’ll never use another structured carrier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

I am so in love with my Manduca Carrier. It literally saves my sanity some days. I wore my first son practically daily til 2 years old, even while pregnant. And now with my second son. He’s a big boy so being able to comfortably carry him is everything. Wearing my babies is such a beautiful part of my day and there’s no carrier I’d prefer to use than my Manduca.

Exceedingly helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

I only wish I had bought one earlier! It is exceedingly helpful around the home and out and about. Wonderful for getting the shopping done with your free hands. Plus, who doesn't love baby cuddles next to your chest? Additionally, because it is supportive and has the built in hood it is truly great for when baby is feeling ill and needs to be close to mum or dad.

Range: Classic

wow.. just tried the manduca- amazing! I want to trade in my current carrier for one!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

I tried the manduca for a kangatraining session. I have a carrier I use regularly and thought was great but after using the manduca I would love to convert! So comfortable, didn't even feel like I had bub on or that had to provide extra support for her, I could exercise and move around and she felt super secure! she even fell asleep in it- this never happens! It was easy to put on, the fabric was soft and lightweight. would definitely reccommend the manduca carrier.

1 of 6 pages

Classic

How is the Manduca in Australia's 30-40 degree Summer?

Rebecca D asked on Aug 27, 2017

Answer this

Sorry we took so long to answer your question Rebecca. The feedback we get indicates that Manduca works well in warm climates - obviously wearing any baby carrier will be a little warmer than normal, but Manduca is made from natural fibres (organic cotton and hemp) that are breathable and naturally promote moisture wicking. It has a hood/sunshade that will help shade your baby too - and a large hat for you also helps.
Some other commonsense ideas are to dress lightly, keep baby and yourself well hydrated and to consider cooling pads that are available for babywearing from a number of sources.

Classic

Can this be used for child facing outwards of the body?

Ksugarpie asked on Jul 24, 2017

Answer this

Thank you for the question. Manduca isn't designed to be able to face children forward. We believe that a baby learns most from watching their parent at very close range, and this improves their ability to read and sense emotions, and helps develop language skills. If you're interested in these thoughts, you could read our blog article here: http://www.manduca.com.au/#/babys-bq/4590158633

As Manduca official already answered...it's can't be used for facing forward baby.
If you are in Sydney...and you have Facebook account...feel free to join baby wearing group....we all talking about baby wearing alot...I guarantee that most mummies and daddies not recommended about facing forward baby.
These some reasons :
1. It's over stimulating for baby
2. We can't face the baby so we don't know what's going on to the baby
3. The more heavy the baby the more baby put pressure when you carry facing forward...it's not good for your back also for the baby

It's save facing forward it's just not recommended but Manduca definitely can't facing forward.
As I said manduca maybe not the prettiest baby carrier on the market but definitely the safest!!

Hi. My daughter has downsyndrom and her joint is hyper mobile. Do you still recommend this carrier for my daughter?

jane asked on Jul 20, 2016

Answer this

I would check with a physiotherapist.

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Classic Pure Cotton Sling Wrap Blackline * Limited Edition *
Price (RRP) $189.95 $219.95 $109.95 $219.95 $229.95

* Discontinued

The main difference between these ranges is design and materials