Review rating:
Filter By:

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Great connection and service in inner city Sydney.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

After battling through a year on a dodgy Optus ADSL2+ connection, with <2 mbps speeds and >500 ms ping on a regular basis, we switched to Mint in August after reading great reviews all over the internet. I was a bit doubtful at first, as the reviews seemed so consistently good, but my fears were unjustified. Set up took only a week from the date Optus advised our telephone line was disconnected, and I received multiple updates on the progress of the connection set up.

We have the Premium connection, meaning our data is capped at 500 gb, but we enjoy much faster and more reliable speeds. Ourconnection is now reliably above 5 mbps during peak hours, and usually at least 10 mbps with around 20 ms ping. We are a household of gamers, but have only experienced a handful of ping spikes while playing in the evening.

Michael, Mint's CEO, was the first staff member I spoke to and has been incredibly helpful throughout the process, offering ample information while I was only scoping out Mint as an option. He has been very available for questions, making it easy to suss out whether Mint was what we wanted.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Clara, It is an interesting point you flag in that because we focus so heavily on service and there are minimal poor reviews (there will always be some items we can't fix!), we do sometimes enco... read more »

Perth

• 7 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 15 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

The best in the business!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2017

My connection to the NBN today went amazingly smoothly with a bit of tweaking by Grant and Kelvin, and was up and running in about 10 minutes! Yippeeee!! I had been quite apprehensive about leaving my reliable ADSL connection of 8 years with the same RSP and heading off into the unchartered waters of the NBN, especially after the nightmare experiences of some of my friends with the larger telcos. With the ADSL cut-off date looming early next year, I had spent a lot of time researching the best RSP to go with as the customer service of my long-term RSP had taken a nosedive after a takeover, and the bad reviews by people switching to the NBN with them didn’t inspire my confidence enough to make me want to stay with them.

From my initial inquiry, Michael, Grant and Kelvin answered every question patiently and comprehensively, and there was no hard sell involved when I said I was going to go away and think things over before signing up. When I got back to them with a request which other ISPs had said was impossible, i.e. keeping the same VOIP landline number during a broadband disconnection period of two months (as I was going away on holiday and wanted to cut off my ADSL before I left and have the NBN connected on my return) and then have my landline reconnected simultaneously with the NBN, I was assured that it wouldn’t be a problem. Mint was as good as their word, and I was delighted that my original landline number was reconnected today so that the oldies without mobiles and relies overseas using phone cards can phone me without incurring the high charges one gets when phoning a mobile.

A couple of initial hiccups (my PC not recognising the new modem and my Outlook email being blocked by Google) were ironed out quickly and efficiently by Grant and Kelvin even though the second issue had nothing to do with the NBN, but was Google being over-zealous in protecting my account from a new unrecognised IP address. Grant was quickly able to access my PC and modem remotely using TeamViewer and change the settings so that my PC could connect to the modem. For convenience, he even renamed my SSID and changed my password from the ones which came with the modem to the ones I used for my previous RSP so that I didn't have to remember/record new login details!

I’m absolutely delighted that I decided to make the change to a smaller and more personal RSP. Mint has been fantastic and made what I had thought a few months ago was going to be a total ordeal into a non-event. I was kept informed by SMS and email every step of the way as to what was happening, date of connection, how to connect the modem, and finally early this morning I received an SMS advising that my NBN connection had been made followed by a phone call shortly after from Grant to offer any assistance in connecting the modem. It’s fantastic to find a local company providing such wonderful personal customer service, and to get one of the same three people on the phone when you contact them, also to have the phone answered almost immediately and not get put on hold forever as one does with other RSPs. I was so impressed by their customer service before my NBN connection that I have been singing their praises to my friends, and can now confirm after my NBN connection that they are the best RSP in the business today and the only ones to choose!

The service itself is impressive: I signed up for 25 mbps and am getting 23.45 mbps.

Thanks so much, guys – you’re doing a fabulous job!

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Arcadia10, That is certainly a comprehensive review of your process to sign up with us! As you have highlighted, we do focus very heavily on service and that coupled with our experience means we... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Old fashioned customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

I cannot speak highly enough of Mint Telecom. Having been with another larger telco with poor customer service and lousy nbn it was refreshing to get some great service.
I signed up at 11am, 1pm notified that my modem had been dispatched and by 3pm the service was activated.

Highly recommend.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Stu, Customer service and products that work are definitely our focus. With the right systems and processes there really is no need for a standard connection to take a long time. Glad to hear a... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

So happy with my switch!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

I couldn't be happier with my recent switch to Mint Telecom. I came with a problem that my previous provider was not able to resolve in 3 months! Mint Telecom customer service had it isolated within a week! It is also a pleasure and relief that I consistently dealt with the same person, so we did not have to reinvent the wheel with every call. The quick and easily set up ADSL connection has a good speed with double the data allowance I had previously for the same price. If you are struggling with your current provider or simply looking for a reliable, efficient, friendly and helpful local company, I highly recommend Mint Telecom!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Akindomo, One of the big differences with us is you are never dealing with someone in an overseas call centre or with minimal experience. Whilst Mint is only a bit over 2 years old we have been... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

You are not a number (I love'um)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Mint telecom. The very best costume service I've come across whether it's the uk or aus no one comes close to matching them for costumer satisfaction. Mint take the time and will walk you through what you need to do.
You are mint!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Mat,
Thanks for the great review. Your feedback is exactly what we strive for with regard to service and support out of Hobart.
Glad to hear its all working well and thanks again for taking the time to provide the feedback.

New Town

Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Great customer service and fast reliable network

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

Great customer service. Great price for the speed and GB. Fast set up by installer. Have no drop outs. Recommended internet dealer.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Delle,
Glad to hear it all went with for the installation and that you appreciate our service out of Hobart.
Thanks for taking the time to provide the recommendation, its much appreciated.

Langwarrin

• 2 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Absolutely Fabulous Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

We have recently switched from a major telco, after continuing problems with the internet and loss of landline phone services.
The service from Michael and the staff has been absolutely fabulous. They have been helpful with any query, did what they said they were going to do and we have been switched over with our landline and NBN and have had no problems whatsoever! Not being a computer buff, there was a slight problem with our landline, but one phone call to Kel and 2 minutes later we had connection.
Congratulations to the MINT Team, you deserve your five star rating. Actually would have given you a higher rating had there been more stars to give!
First class Customer Service, First class feedback in giving step by step instructions and advice. Just amazing Telco and Australian owned, which is a huge bonus.
Just a pity they do not do mobile service, otherwise they would have had all my business.
Once again, thank you for making the switch so effortless.
Our business will be yours for life!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Sue, Really pleased to hear that the changeover was smooth and that all the problems that were previously being experienced with a different provider are not evident with us. NBN really is one o... read more »

Hurstville

Outstanding customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

I had the ADSL connected yesterday and had trouble with MAC configurations (internal) phoned for help and a gentleman talked me through the process. The process was handled efficiently and I even got a SMS later that evening just to see if everything was working and if I was happy. The whole process from start to finish was handled with old fashion service. I am recommending to all my work colleagues.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ming, We do think operating from Hobart is our secret. Nice and easy to reach and deal with, which when coupled with our years of experience makes the process as simple as possible. Glad to hear... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

No mess no fuss, just good customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

I got connected to the nbn recently. These guys we're really helpful and made it super easy. I'm a bit of a noob but they sorted it all out with no worries

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Hazza, We try to make it as simple as possible to get online and preconfiguring our modems so that they just need plugging in are a big part of that. Operating from Hobart also makes it easy to ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great to deal with Aussies again.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

Once NBN was rolled out into my area I was faced with the dreaded task of finding a provider.
A mate who has his own business which relies heavily on reliable internet suggested mint.
The next day I gave them a call and was soon signed up with the new pre configured modem in the mail.
I was left wondering if their was a catch as this type of thing shouldn't be so easy.
A bit over a week later I recieved a text from mint telling me my connection was ready to go. Out came the new modem, plugged it in, signed into the new network and we were away. Not even I could stuff it up!
The next day I recieved an E-mail from the Customer care Manager asking if everything was up and running ok. I replied "all good thanks" and with in a couple of minutes he replied back with a few tips if something does go wrong.
You don't get that sort of personal service much these days!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Wilko, 99% of the time NBN installations are pretty effortless. Obviously with such a large infrastructure project there are always exceptions and it can be difficult as we don't manage the act... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Mint Telecom Team are 1st Class!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

I have just had the NBN connected by Mint and I can't have been more pleased with the service that I have received. I put a lot of time into looking at which was the best NBN provider to go with by looking at all the deals, reviews and spoke to friends about their experiences. I was also a bit wary of a smaller provider but now I am so glad I did. Mint delivered with everything they promised and nothing was a bother. I am not very tech savvy and their customer service is 1st class. Thanks to all the team at Mint Telecom.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ian, Really pleased to hear it all went well for you. We may be smaller, however experience is what we believe matters most and with over 30+ years in the industry across our senior leadership... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Mint Telecom are ACE! Can't go beyond!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

MInt Telecom were absolutely fantastic to deal with. One comment from us and their rep had a trail of inquiries lodged on our behalf, all ending with a NBN connection up and running when all other telco companions told us NBN was off the cards. I can't recommend these guys enough. We had people working on our side when all other telecom companies had waved a white flag of surrender. You won't be disappointed. A person/client friendly business who have your best interests at heart.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Will, Its amazing what a difference common sense and experience can make in the process of getting connected. Really pleased to get sorted for you and to get you online. Thanks for taking the t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Mint team are perfect./

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

Had to move to the NBN quickly because of letter from Optus. Mint did everything promptly and with no hassle to me. Connected in 2 weeks. Australian call centre is worth gold.
Many thanks to Mint.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Grandy, Whilst we don't control the process to connect, as that is managed by NBN Co directly, we do work very hard on making sure everything within our control is actioned as quickly and effici... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Excellent service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

Fabulous service from the very first contact! Quick and easy! And great reception! I would recommend Mint in a heartbeat!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Rachel,
Operating from Hobart does make us very easy to reach and to deal with.
Glad to hear its all gone well and as we both expect.
Thanks for taking the time to provide the feedback.

hobart

Fantastic service !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

My previous internet supplier took a month to get me reconnected despite me having to call them at least twice a day to get updates. As soon as I was back on line I signed up with Mint and was enjoying good NBN speeds within 24 hours ! Fantastic personal service. I can't fault them.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Rick, Not sure why it took others two months, certainly a frustrating experience for you. Glad to have you online and operating and, of course, it's really pleasing to hear you value our serv... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

We have recently connected to the NBN with the endless help from the highly recommended Kelvin.
The whole process ran smoothly (we connected at a very problematic time with the NBN service just becoming available in the area and problems with Telstra and still only had a 2 week service connection wait time) and the service has been continually excellent. Little things like easy data tracking and direct debit courtesy reminder emails make everything run smoothly for clients. If we ever have any questions, they are always responded to extremely fast too! Very happy with our service and would happily recommend to anyone looking for a provider.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Julie, Great to hear your connection went well. With regard to the little things, we think they are really important as getting them right tends to take care of the bigger things. Thanks for ... read more »

Sydney

• 1 question

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Phoned and answered within three rings this morning, spoke to a gentleman who was very knowledgeable. I was treated with respect, not just a number. All my concerns were answered. I finished the call in a great mood. Thank you

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ming, Our wait times are typically non existent, however on the odd occasion where there is a queue we do also provide the option to leave a message and we call you back (always within the hour... read more »

• 13 helpful votes

Excellent communication

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

I had a chat with one of their tech team, he was very nice and friendly and honest, didn't try to push me to switch to their service. I don't have a service with them but I liked the way they treat people.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Khashayar,
We do go out of our way to communicate as effectively as we can with our customers. Operating from Hobart is what sets us apart in our opinion.
Definitely let us know if we can help out in the future.

Best ISP ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Brilliant isp best ever so good was the customer service that they never stopped trying to fix my internet speed and drop outs.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Rob, One of the issues we tackle from time to time is problems on the network not directly related to the service that we are providing (particularly common on copper ADSL services). With our ... read more »

Sydney

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Seamless Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Switching over from other bigger named ISPs. Couldn't be happier with the service and customer care that Mint has employed. I'm used to waiting +3 weeks after moving into a new unit but Mint had my services up and running within a day of moving! ADSL modem is also NBN ready. I will be continuing on with their services for the foreseeable future.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ted, The only waiting around with us is where we are restricted by network constraints, we know how important internet is for people these days so we do everything we can to get customers up and... read more »

1 of 7 pages