Filter By:
  • 1 answer

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

We have had Mint for 4 months now no issues

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2018

We have had Mint for 4 months now no issues (Unlimited 50/20). We previously were with Skymesh, they were also good, but more expensive. We briefly had Telstra and they were significantly slower. I spent most of the three weeks on the phone talking to someone overseas. The switch to Mint was a breath of fresh air. Still a bit slow in the evening, but I suspect that is the NBN not mint.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi PaulS, Great to hear the move went well and our service is shining through. Definitely reach out re speeds as we can always double check for you to see if there is anything we can do to improve... read more »

So freshing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

I have been with Telstra for years and after several outages and getting the run around, we moved Mint due to their local presence and customer service focus. Its been seamless. Well done

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Jarrod, We definitely focus on much more personal service compared to the big players like Telstra. Even better is that with the NBN we are able to deliver the same or better product, so there ... read more »

Coffs Harbour

Excellent costomer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Connection very reliable and fast with no dropouts at all. Fantastic customer support at their Australian based call centre. The best I have ever experienced. My new Voip phone service is also excellent. Very happy to be with Mint. Their communication is second to none!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Stella,
Thank you for your kind words.
You will only ever speak to us in Hobart, which we definitely believe makes us very easy to reach and to deal with.
Great to hear all is going well, including your phone service.

From Dodo to Mint

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

I switched from Dodo to Mint, I had forgotten what real service actually is. Brilliant, prompt service with nothing being an issue or too hard and easy to contact when needed. I would strongly suggest anyone looking for a quality provider discuss their needs with Mint. Cant speak highly enough of these guys

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi DoofyDog,
We definitely focus very hard on being easy to reach and to deal with. Great to hear that shine through in your feedback.
Thanks for taking the time to let us know, it's much appreciated.

hobart

Outstanding customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Have recently joined Minttelecom from Active8me (ex boom migration) due to poor, unreliable service and account errors.
Outstanding service from Minttelecom, prompt and professional. Technical support was excellent and reconnection was established in less than 20hours.
Highly recommend Mint.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Andre,
Great to hear our service and support has shone through, we definitely focus very hard on that.
Welcome to Mint! And thanks for making the time to provide us with the feedback.

Longford

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Fast connection and fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

I signed up with Mint after having to switch from ADSL to NBN as the ADSL service was being switched off. I was with a large provider but wanted to research options as I didn’t want a 24 month contract and wanted an NBN100 connection. A friend recommended MINT and I checked them out. They do offer an NBN100 connection but advised me that I wouldn’t be able to access those speeds due to my location and connection. The other big companies I checked out offered that I could sign up on an NBN100 speed package, something that it impossible to achieve at my address.
I signed up with MINT due to their honestly.
I came home after work on a Friday night to find ADSL switched off and NBN on, only problem was I could’ get it to work. I emailed MINT who got straight back in touch and recommended that I contact them via Facebook so we could use messenger and I could send them pictures. It turns out my wall mounted phone socket had an ADSL splitter fitted on top, something I could never have know without sending a picture and the help and advice from MINT. Within no time, I had that removed and the line connected, they even helped me setup my modem. (I had purchased one due to the size of the house and one of the kids bedrooms is out the back so we wanted to ensure a good signal).
Connected in no time at all and haven’t experienced any issues., I work from home a lot, kids all game online and stream stuff (whatever kids do) and we all Netflix, we are on a low NBN speed due only to the infrastructure and our location, not due to MINT, but we haven’t had any dramas.
Fantastic supplier.
I’d recommend to anyone

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Jacqui, We definitely do focus on recommending products specific to the capability of the address and each customers requirements - its definitely not one size fits all at Mint. And, great to he... read more »

• 1 answer

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Do yourself a favour and make the switch to Mint.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Switching was effortless.

I was previously with Boom Broadband for 18 months I loved these guys based out of Melbourne always spoke to the same people the very few times I did call them. Unfortunately Boom sold their business off to Activ8me in Oct '18 and within a week I started to experience performance issues. So I called Mint ~3pm and by 8pm that day I was a new Mint customer switched over, surfing the web with good consistent speeds as promised.
You can't beat personalised service and Michael & Kelvin are a pleasure to deal with.

Highly recommended.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi dam375, Great to hear the onboarding process was effortless and you were up and running exactly as we both expected. Personal service is definitely what we aim for and it's always great to hear ... read more »

Melbourne

• 7 helpful votes

Mint Telecom - what an ISP should be

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

I have recently changed from Telstra to Mint due to excessive dropouts and poor speed along with poor service. The difference is chalk and cheese. The service from Mint is excellent with local call centre. Very professional and quick service.I now have a working internet/phone which is what Telstra could not do in 6 months.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi J. R., We definitely aim for a different service experience to the larger providers, it's our primary point of difference. Obviously our experience to get you connected and ensure we deliver gr... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Excellent customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

Above all, the customer service was superb. Having left a large ISP due to dissatisfaction with their service, Mint was a breath of fresh air.

We live in a newly built house and had some issues with NBN/Telstra and the builder all making infrastructure related mistakes, Mint managed the process of rectifying this and advised us on how to get what we needed from all parties concerned.

Mint were recommended via several forums and Facebook groups and I can see why.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Josh, Great to hear that we managed to methodically work through the issues and get everything connected for you. Our years of experience really do help when things are outside of the normal pro... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great service, great performance and competitive pricing...what more could you want?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

I recently moved from a different ISP to Mint Telecom. Their pre-sales support/information via live web chat was brilliant and allowed me to make a fully informed decision. The process of migrating from my old ISP to Mint was painless, fast and support team at Mint kept me fully informed all the way along.

After connecting, I immediately saw an improvement in both speed and latency which was a nice surprise, especially considering my monthly cost is lower with Mint that my previous ISP! Now that I've had a few weeks on Mint's service, the initial impressions have proved to be the normal performance level. I haven't seen any significant performance degradation during the evenings, or other times of day. With two teenagers in the house, this is quite a feat.

I highly recommend Mint for their personal service, attention to detail, performance and cost. They are not the biggest ISP, but with their mix of service/performance/price why would you want to go with a larger ISP? These guys have their customers' interests dialled in as their first priority and that has been a refreshing change.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi DiverJamesOz, Fantastic to hear our online chat helped with your decision making process, its a very popular way for customers to engage with us. We also definitely like to make sure there are n... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Dont bother with the big ones

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Like Bunnings and Harvey Norman, the big companies waste your time and rip you off. Mint is small and gets on with the job. It DOES the job. Not like Optus and Telstra.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Joz, We definitely like to think of ourselves a little like the microbrew beer industry. There are always the giants, but there is also a lot of options within the smaller players to suit all ... read more »

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Outstanding product and customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

Having switched to Mint from another provider almost a year ago we have been blown away by the customer service and product that they supply! Sign on process was very easy and with a preconfigured modem delivered to our door, getting online was a breeze! Couldn't rate them more highly and would recommend them to anyone, being locally owned and operated is also a plus!

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi AndyP, Great to hear that not only the process of getting onboard was fine but that 1 year on everything continues to work as we both expect it to. Whilst we operate nationally, we are proud Tas... read more »

Deliver on their promises

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

We've been with MINT for over six months now.
The things that stand out .......
Exemplary customer service - I wish these guys would publish their training manual for others to follow...just an amazing level of care...minimal waits if any...friendly, fast and easy to communicate with.
EFFICIENCY - everything has been dealt with/delivered promptly. I reported a line fault on a Sunday and it was fixed Monday morning!
HONESTY - my previous ISP (and others) tried to sell me speeds that, by NBN Co's own reckoning, weren't achievable in our area! MINT straight up recommended I buy a cheaper package until better speeds become available. .."after all upgrading is easier than downgrading"
I don't write many reviews but feel compelled to spread the word that I have finally found the perfect telco.
Get on board! You wont regret it.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Dayle, I'm not so sure we'd want to share our secret sauce! Although, in our view it's all about operating from Hobart and having very experienced staff - and it's very pleasing to hear that res... read more »

Perfect internet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

Got nbn now through mint telecom, initial setup easy as with mint, nbn set up great also, reliable connection finally . Had problems with getting connect on modem (my end) rang mint and they helped with setting my acc up with no drama. Highly recommend mint

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Nico,
Great to hear the onboarding was simple and that we could fix the minor issue for you quickly.
Also really pleased the service is working as we both expect it to.
Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Just been set up recently the speed is fast and the service has been impeccable.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

I'm really satisfied with my service thus far I am not certain how you could improve it. Speed the fast connection was easy

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Brad,
Great to hear that feedback, it's exactly what we aim to deliver as we want the process to be as simple and seamless as possible.

Wynyard

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

I'd say worth the wait, but there was no wait!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

After hearing about Mint via an friend on Facebook who had their internet disrupted and somehow got an answer to why in less than 2 minutes I was shocked, I though "no way is there an ISP that can provide that level of service to their customers. Then I learnt that Mint was bassed in Hobart, in Tasmania, and I live up on the north west coast. I immediately started talking to Mint about fees and issues changing to them, and after about 3 weeks of thinking about it, I bit the bullet, not only am I paying almost half of what I was paying with iPrimus, it was 3 days for the internet to be switched over and 2 days for modem delivery. The modem (I paid $50 extra for an upgrade so when we get NBN in October we are set.) Is definately worth it.
When I called Kelvin he got all my details from our Facebook chat so I didn't have to repeat them, signing up took all but 10 minutes, they have a fantastic rewards program, especially for us as we cruise almost once a year when we can.
I could not recommend Mint anymore than I am. When we get NBN in October, I'll be even happier.
I think I've found my ISP for life.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ryan, Great to hear the onboarding process was as smooth as we expect and that you have really noticed the difference our focus on service can make. The rewards program is also awesome, we are v... read more »

Exellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

The quality of customer service I find to be extremely high, and very responsive. This is my first exposure to NBN / VDSL and so far it is proving very pleasing. Too early to tell if there will be dropouts, etc but I understand that much / all of this is at the door of NBNco anyway unlike in ADSL days where there was often significant control and ownership of hardware at the exchanges, by the ISPs.
Setup process from initial inquiry to up-and-running very smooth and the NBNco tech was also very efficient. Mint was recommended by a friend and I have no hesitation in recommending others.

October 31st 2018 Update: They make technology very easy to apply

We have a Mint telecom NBN service and just added a phone service (VoIP) Very easy to do and able to use our previous analogue phone plugged into the new NBN modem. The instructions provided were of a very high standard, easy to follow and with offers of telephone support and remote access if needed. Impressed.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Denis, In general NBN is far better than a lot of the media it receives. It is important to do some research and it is also one of those products where cheaper is rarely better. Great to hear a... read more »

Hobart

Outstanding. Best ever support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

We have had wonderful service ever since connecting. There have been a couple of minor dropouts over the past year but in each case they turned out to be NBN trunk issues. I think I have contacted them 4 or 5 times with queries and each time there was an immediate response via the live chat online, with complete resolution to my satisfaction. The fact that they are local in Tasmania is a huge bonus.

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Simon, Our live online chat is certainly popular and makes it nice and easy to reach us. Also its always great to hear our operations out of Hobart is appreciated, whilst we operate nationally w... read more »

Very Pleased. Fast and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

We decided to go with Mint Telecom even though it was a little more expensive than the big companies because the reviews were just about all excellent. We were frustrated with our original provider due to poor service. Also we live in Tasmania and wanted to support our local company. We are in a rural area and changed to Mint when we got NBN (FTTN).

The difference for us from the previous provider and ADSL is phenomenal. Previously there were regular dropouts, slow response times from them and recently their phone help was non-existent, just a call centre treating me like I was unintelligent.... With Mint we have had ongoing customer service of a high standard (thank you Kelvin) plus, most importantly, high speed continual streaming. I have waited for 6 weeks before giving our feedback just to be sure that the first flush of joy and success would continue and YES it has!

I watched the FIFA World Cup through SBS on demand with no dropouts or poor images, Netflix loads so fast and Youtube too. Even at the popular times like Friday and Saturday nights my speed does not change. We can have more than one device using the NBN at the same time and it still runs swiftly.

The set-up was easy and quick, within days of signing up we were linked to NBN and on the day and time they said. The modem was sent to our home and as it was FTTN I just had to connect it up for immediate access. Since then we have enjoyed continual fast use with no problems.

Any and every contact that I have had with Mint has been instant, they respond immediately, and they answer my questions fully. We are so glad to have moved to Mint, and expect to renew our contract every 6 months into the future.

To sum up - SUPER FAST SPEED
- NO DROPOUTS
- EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Thank you Mint for a pain free easy process and internet service - 5 stars *

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Judith, That's a pretty comprehensive review and awesome feedback for us and for Kelvin. Really pleased to hear its working exactly as we both expect and that our strong focus on service is shi... read more »

Hi Michael I wanted to give as much info as possible as that is what helped me when reading other people's reviews. Connection, ongoing service and customer support are the main questions we have a... read more »

Six Star Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

Moved across to Mint about 6 months ago from an extinct flightless bird, and whilst my previous ISP's service was reasonable, Mint is in a league of their own!

From the day I decided to make the move, the dealings with Michael and his team at Mint has been nothing but smooth sailing. Recently I noticed some dropouts in my ADSL2 service (NBN is still a dream 2 years away) and before I had a chance to contact them, I surprisingly received a call from their Tasmanian-based Technical team advising that they had picked up a problem on their end. Impressive to say the least!! Whilst I am reasonably IT savvy, we worked together (including emails over the weekend) to isolate the issue to some equipment problem on my side.

The only regret I have is not moving across to Mint much earlier ....and not having NBN :-)

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Geoff, We monitor drop outs on our customer base on a daily basis so that when we identify a potential problem we are able to get in front of it to try to fix as quickly as possible. These days... read more »

1 of 13 pages